Game abruptly tells you you're gonna die one day and that there's nothing you can do about it

>game abruptly tells you you're gonna die one day and that there's nothing you can do about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LOG2gVH1Qfo
youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
periscope.tv/MartinShkreli/1BdGYNEDMaLJX?t=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you're gonna die one day and that there's nothing you can do about it

Can't wait

>trying to fall asleep
>suddenly remember that I'm going to die someday
>can't stop trying to wrap my head around the eternal nothingness being dead
>have a panic attack
>don't sleep

Happens almost every night

>game insults you for being a NEET
>game tells you that you didn't live up to your parents' expactations

>game abruptly tells you you're gonna die one day and that there's nothing you can do about it

SJWs think that guns and violence causes gamers to kill people, but I think it's this instead.

A lot of games try to make their stories "deep" by scratching the surface of pseudo-existentialism, and end up just looking tryhard instead.

>You should give up, you're just going to die anyway
>That's exactly why I'm still going
>I'm going to die anyway, so fuck you, I can do whatever I want

Yeah, it's the nothingness that gets me. The only peace of mind I have is that I still have my youth and I won't have to directly address this for a good while (possible abnormal shit and accidents aside).

Don't know how I'll feel after 45 when you can just sprout heart attacks. Like what the fuck

>game tells you to go outside

Fuck animal crossing and WoW

I'm looking forward to it

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

It will be exactly the same as it was before you were born.

its like before you were born, not much to wrap your head around. You weren't alive then right?

youtube.com/watch?v=LOG2gVH1Qfo

I think WoW might be legally obligated to say that so they don't get sued for people starving themselves to death while playing nothing but Warcraft.

Explain

People have this false idea of death, that it's scary, or painful, or you're going to be missing out on something.

But just think about the way it was before you were born. How did you feel in the year 1960? Was it scary? Did it hurt? Did you miss anybody or anything?

The answer is that you didnt feel anything, because you didnt exist.
When you die, it's going to be exactly like that.

I don't mind death, it's the concept of an afterlife that scares me. If you end up hell or whatever you're pretty much gonna be suffering forever

>Inb4 fedoralords saying "muh fairytales"

Theres a difference between going from nothing to existing vs going from existing to nothing.

>Theres a difference between going from nothing to existing vs going from existing to nothing.

Only in your mind.

>die of old age
>wake up in a characther creator
>``meh i think this guy was fun to watch! So useless guy!ยดยด
>hey wait a mi...
>mind reset
>reborn and repeat

Then do something about it nigga

But I ended up here.
Wait. Holy shit.
What if after we die, it goes back to how it was before we were born? Like, on our way to existence?

>not expressing your radical freedom while you're still existing.

Yeah, I stopped playing the game.

Honestly, how could someone expect me to play when I keep getting insulted?

I never really liked the concept of hell. Always seemed more of a scare tactic to get more people to join their religion. I'm much more in favor of a form of purgatory where one repents for misdeeds.

So a vidya version of Synecdoche, New York?

>Screen goes black for a second
>You catch your reflection in a monitor

this post was a fucking trainwreck

Please, stop posting this hate symbol. This is a bully-free board. Be considerate of others.

>tfw you don't use the monitor with a glare as the main one anymore because of this

Im allways late to good threads and when i try to make a good post, the thread is almost closed.
What feel is that?

Just think of death like that one Sonic Rush song. You'll just be wrapped in black, in black in black in black , for eternity

In Point Lookout DLC when the luck bobblehead started calling me a piece of shit loser I was hurt.

>your eyes feel heavy

This caught me off guard on my first play

youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

>mfw I wake up every morning disappointing I didn't die in my sleep
I AM PATHETIC

>you're gonna die one day and that there's nothing you can do about it
Thank God. I can't imagine living forever. I don't even like being alive right now!

its spreading

Good.

We are all going to die...
periscope.tv/MartinShkreli/1BdGYNEDMaLJX?t=0

It's the moment you will die that scares me more than death itself.

>tfw I will go to Heaven and be granted life eternal

You aren't going to an infinite blackness, you're going to Hell if you don't repent. Lucky for you, you'll retain consciousness for quite some time.

I'd rather a warm abyss for eternity. Shit'll so cash and so cozy. What more could you want?

The fear of dying slowly goes away as you age man. Dying at an early age is scary, sure. But you should't be afraid as long as you aren't putting yourself in the face of danger.

>Can't wait to die at the age of 80 surrounded by family that I've created

>have a panic attack
I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW!?!?!

This actually kind of helps. I have trouble conceptualizing the afterlife as anything other than a black void I'd have to stare at forever, with no stimuli, sensory input, or anything to so much as scrutinize. I imagine myself having nothing but my memories, then going insane from boredom, and then slipping in and out of varying states of sanity forever as my thought patterns fluctuate throughout the millennia.

Still, what you're proposing makes sense. I shouldn't think of it as a terrifying abyss of nothingness, so much as stasis. Regardless of anything such as an afterlife, reincarnation, a full stop to existence, or something else, I won't be aware of the intervening steps, if there does indeed happen to be a step after my current life. It'll be like going to sleep. I normally don't remember my dreams. I wake up and go about my day, and those hours I spent in bed are simply gone, period. I suppose it would be like that. I would die, go into a deep, dreamless sleep, and that would probably be it. Some part of me likes to imagine my consciousness would be recycled into a new infant's body, but I realize that's just my selfish desire to continue existing. But, the point is that in this context, I have nothing to really fear from dying, save for maybe some pain leading up to said death. It would only really suck if one was being tortured to death, in the style of pic related, but that's extremely uncommon nowadays.

Thanks a lot, user. I mean that genuinely. What you said was actually very comforting. I've never tried putting a positive spin on the 'nothingness' atheistic concept of death despite sharing that viewpoint, so it was always a very I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream horror concept to me. I feel very much at peace after reading these comments.

>I'd rather a warm abyss for eternity
This. I long for the sweet embrace of nothingness.

Glad I could help bro. Don't sweat the end too much, just have fun and enjoy the vidya as long as you can, while you're here.

I honestly fear going blind or losing a hand more than dying, because then I couldn't play as many vidyas.

I have similar worries, but up until now the whole death thing kind of trumped those fears. Still, I completely agree. Hell, it was my fear of getting diabetes and going blind from health complications that drove me to start working out, lose some weight, and lower my blood pressure. I don't want to blog too much, but I will say I lost fifty pounds last year, and now I'm at a healthy weight. Still, you can only avoid so much, so I try and not worry too much about potential risk. Stuff like, say, losing my balance and impaling an eye on the hook of a coat rack. That sort of thing.

>muh death fear

Everyone dies. So be happy it's not unique to you

this

I'm terrified of death. What if it's just eternal nothingness and we're conscious through it all?