linge-ma.ws/odyn.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Caring about weapon aesthetics over weapon stats

Dont be that guy.

>sword is empowered by some crazy demon
Meh

>use your sword to commit great evil
>willingly shatters itself in two
>keep using the evil half because you're still the most powerful being in the universe

>sword
>long ass grip

Looks like one of those pit lord glaives, even if it is a sword that blade is still the size of Goldshire and the flat of it could probably crush a 40 man raid team in a single hit

Why hasn't Sargeras even appeared in WoW at all yet? And now he's not even the final boss of the WoW universe anymore.

it takes an insane amount of energy to summon him into any world, so he sends his minions instead. The whole plot of Legion (so far) is Gul'Dan using the Eye of Amanthul to summon him but we stop him.

Because up until Legion he was Final Boss material and needed to look suitably epic

And now with Legion there's the slight issue that he should be a planet instead of a giant angry human

Worked for Turalyon..

hes a planet? what? he has a titan form. Titans are born out of planet hearts

Explain further

And where did it get him?

>he thinks Elune is a Titan

If Elune isn't a Titan, she's a Titanic construct or otherwise related to them

wowhead.com/item=141351/tear-of-elune
Turns out she's also the mother of the Naaru so I don't know what the fuck is going on there. Guess they built her to directly combat the Void Lords before Sargeras went batshit insane

>playing wow
Why are you so retarded

What if the Titans were simply aware of Elune and named the tear after her?

Elune produces another tear during the questing

The other Pillars are all named after the Titan that used them/left them behind and work in conjunction with that Titan's role in ordering the world

It seemed to me that the act of raising Ysera purified it (since it was inside her body).

I like a good /thread

And what if Elune helped them do it, knowing the importance of the world soul? There's nothing saying she has to be a Titan in order to do that.

I wasn't paying attention at that point. That zone wasn't very good

Elune has always been the only "true deity" in WoW lore. She created the Naaru so she's been around since the Great Ordering of Light and Shadow and immensely powerful. So it stands to reason that the Tear is her own creation. Not to mention, the Titans really don't seem the type to name things after other people.

If the Tear originates from Elune, and the Tear is Titanic, then that would mean Elune is related to them in some way.

She's also got some relation to the Wild Gods, she is supposedly the mother of Cenarius with Malorne being the father.

why do they just trickle demons in when they're infinite

The invasion world event might have ended but it's still canonically happening. There are spaceships and extradimensional buildings popping up all over the world churning out hundreds of demons

WoW is just abysmal with scale so you never see anything remotely like it

I really hope we don't fight Sargeras. I'd like the story to eventually end, and we can pick it up 200+ years into the future for WoW 2 or WC4.

I fucking hate the new demon bullshit though. All those nameless and named demons we've killed since the original rts games and vanilla aren't dead. All for nothing. That random level 15 demon you killed 10 years ago in the barrens? Nope, he's alive somewhere!

Old God expansion when?

youtube.com/watch?v=dsK7Eh0n1Ho

>The invasion world event might have ended but it's still canonically happening. There are spaceships and extradimensional buildings popping up all over the world churning out hundreds of demons
Nope. Warlocks fucked all that up by stealing the Sceptre of Sargeras.

>The invasion world event might have ended but it's still canonically happening.
This is wrong as fuck. They were planning on just overpowering us with sheer numbers but because Khadgar discovered the Pillars of Creation, demons had an oh shit moment and went on the defense in the Broken Isles because stopping whatever the pillars do became their #1 priority

same reason.
takes a ton of energy from both sides to summon anything

>Whatever the pillars do
>five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path

We're letting N'zoth out.

>believing the lying tree

So what do you think is next for the next patch?
Nighthold, then what? Azshara?

>From the earth, he draws strength

Is he talking about Thrall here?

N'zoth bustin out.

shes referring to the rift of aln?

Yes. Xavius served N'zoth this time around.

There is no such thing as a glaive.

Azshara and the Naga are absolutely going to have a bigger part. They're already in every zone but Highmountain (it doesn't have much of a coast worth attacking), and they failed in Azsuna so I reckon she's gonna come herself to fuck shit up and Farondis better have a part to play in that story.

>Azshara learns that Sargeras is coming over for tea again
>the oceanic temperature rises 5 degrees as she creams herself at the though
>immediately comes out of the sea to try jumping on his dick again

Azshara is N'Zoth's bitch now though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive

woah not sargeras? i didnt know this

>one of the most powerful beings in creation with a dick she wants to ride
>some punk ass Old Bitch doing his Void Pimp's bidding

I wonder who really has her loyalty here

ye. Xal shit talks him by saying N'zoth has poor taste in champions given Xavius' history.

Also Ilgynoths overall dialogue aside, he yells to N'zoth on death, that is he returning to Ny'lotha.

While were on the topic can somebody remind me who the coilskar are and why they want/wanted to help Illidan when Azshara wants that Sarg D

There were Vashj nagas. I guess they decided to hang out with Illidan after her death.

Considering how easily the other old gods were taken care of, N'zoth better live up to the hype.

Yeah but what the hell is there motivation for doing so

>want to level alts
>have to do all the story quest shit for all of them
I really hope they let us do something like adventure mode in D3, I'm really sick of seeing Velen and his stupid dead son over and over again.

Light's Heart is completely skippable, it's just a bunch of Illidan circlejerking

Is it? Cool.

Helping Illidan I guess. Maybe not all nagas want Sargeras to destroy the whole universe.

>Implying anything but Yshaarj is dead
Yogg'Saron was confirmed reimprisoned. Pretty sure we only killed a "part" of C'thun. Either way several times it's been hinted or flat out confirmed that death doesn't really stop them. They mention existing outside the cycle several times. And in the Arms Warrior Artifact quest you see one of there generals thats fully dead come all the way back to life.

Vashj followed Illidan above Azshara, the Coilskar followed Vashj. Without Vashj, they follow Illidan.

There's every chance Azshara wouldn't want them back, either

You can't kill an Old God. It's like the reapers in Mass Effect, even if you kill one it still can fuck with your mind.

Yeah I got the final quest done today, it goes nowhere, gives you nothing of worth and will erode any faith in Legion's plot development you may have had

You don't like your blue helmet that gives sense demons?

Do the character know about that? I remember reading that the old gods didn't die ages ago. But our characters and their leaders seem content with the defeat of the old gods so I assumed they retconned it and that they actually did die.

Is this a general WoW thread? If so, what is a fun healer to play for someone who never healed before? I was always interested in playing a healer, heck I player healers in most other MMOs except WoW but I just never made the jump.

it was dumb as fuck but illidan's betrayal scenario is hilarious

It's weird how the Naruu told us to kill Illidan but now they're calling him the champion of light, and lights heart activated without the Naruu that was killed even though Veleen said it wasn't possible.

I think some shit is going on.

Wait is that what Sargeras canonically looks like?
How the FUCK will Blizzard get Illidan too defeat it and the Legion.
Also how did Sargeras die?
I dont know much of the lore.

As a Hunter? No. No I do not like a discount Track Demons on a garbage helmet I could have replaced a half dozen times over with world quests in the time it took to get it.

It activated because you touched it with the Tear of Elune, and she made the Naaru in the first place.

Elune is the epitome of Holy. Just as the old gods are fragments of the epitome of Void. The recent lore book retconed tons of ambiguous things.

Didn't the Naaru not give a shit about Illidan and only wanted to deal with Kael and other legion shit?

Mother moon guide me into that sweet priestess booty

It's fucken obvious that the lights heart naaru thing is evil.

There is literally a Naaru helping in the attack on BT, it's even in the DH starting cinematic.

Sargeras can literally cleave planets.

>cleave planets
Looks like an abortion to me, user

>Capable of cleaving planets
>When he becomes a five man dungeon boss, tanks will just block it with their shields/bear fur/beer kegs/edge

>have all the power in existence
>still nig out because your a faggot

why is Sargeras such a fag?

Sargeras physically showing up on Azeroth would be Game Over, no matter what shitty artifacts you have

He's going to be an Avatar fight like he did with Aegwynn so he could wombfuck Medivh

So this is literally saying that every major lore character is being influenced by the old gods somehow.

Varian's son. "The boy king"
Jaina's heart is a "crater" like Theramore.
King of Diamond is the dwarf king.
Sylvanas' third death will mark his coming
Thrall is the aspect of earth. The earth that binds the old gods.

Five keys/Torches are the Pillars.
"Flesh is his gift" - The old gods influence is what brought about most of the organic species on Azeroth, either by corruption of titan artifacts, or otherwise.

Lord of Ravens? I'm not sure who this might be. A lot of Rogue quests involve ravens. Possibly even Gilneas, as raven imagery is seen with them lots.

How the fuck did that nigga die?
Or did he even di e? There is the Tomb of Sargeras sooo.

>Lord of Ravens
Atiesh. Medivh or Khadgar.

>Lord of Ravens?
Khadgar or Medivh in 7.1 (via Atiesh).

>Thrall is the aspect of earth.
Wait...what?

he only was temporarily during Dragon Soul

Chris Metzen, friend.

>Cataclysm happens
>Thrall takes Neltharion's place as the Earth Warder
>Thrall and the Dragon Aspects empower the Dragon Soul
>Thrall uses the Dragon Soul to deliver crippling and fatal attacks on Deathwing (Literally kill stealing, just like with Garrosh)
>Aspects lost most of their power, Thrall still a powerful Shaman (at the time)

There's a reason he's called Green Jesus.

What about the surface?

I hope Blizz does something interesting with the Old Gods instead of another generic raid boss.

Light's Heart.

For the last time, he's green Moses. Found in a basket, set his people free, lead them across the great sea, communes with the elements.

No, you're retarded. The Boy King is Wrathion, technically the Earth Aspect.
The Crater is Sylvanas.
Yes Magni, but they say a pawn, not a servant. He's being manipulated by Azeroth.
Sylvanas has already died 3 times, that line refers to Elisande, who you have to beat 3 times in her boss encounter, after which, you obtain the fifth pillar of creation.

yeah, he's called that because whiny allifags couldn't get over the fact that they had to do some quests with him during Cataclysm. He's also NOT the aspect of earth, he was going to be, but all the whining made them cancel that shit and also depower the other aspects.

i think "her heart is a crater. we have filled it" refers to azeroth. il'gynoth is in un'goro crater (he filled it), un'goro crater had titan magic stuff (maybe it was azeroths heart). the maelstrom is also called the heart of azeroth so i could be wrong. i just dont think the significance of the fight taking place in a crater and the boss stating that he filled a crater should be ignored

sylvanas already died 3 times didnt she? or did she not die from the gunshot wound

Fuck, good call.

Sargeras started to Manifest decades ago, but Medivhs mother "killed" that body and buried it in on the Broken Isles. Sargeras spirit hopped around influencing and outright possessing certain people until he found Guldan from Warlords of Draenor.

Tomb of Sargeras still holds the 'body' and energies required to fully mainfest Sargeras, and thats what the legion is holding out for.

Magic is divided into several schools, with each school having a god-like being(s) at its center. Elune is likely Holy. Titans were arcane(usually). Old Gods are void. Fel is corruption, and Sargeras(a Titan) became its embodiment.

Un'goro Crater was a Titan science lab

The Maelstrom is the remains of the Well of Eternity. The Well of Eternity was the wound left upon Azeroth when the Titans first ripped one of the Old Gods off her surface without realizing how deep they had spread. It has been speculated that there's an Old God under the Maelstrom ever since it was revealed they existed and were the ones who created the Naga.

N'zoth is under the Maelstrom

Night Elf playable Paladins when.

This is all entirely possible. Blizzard writing around Old Gods has always been on point. Lots of double meanings, and deliberate ambiguity

N'zoth is somewhere between Vash'jir and the Broken Isles, not under the Maelstrom. Y'shaarj was the one who got ripped out, that's where he was.

N'zoth is under Suramar.

later this expansion or next seeing as you convert a Nelf priest into a pally with the pally quests

>The Well of Eternity was the wound left upon Azeroth when the Titans first ripped one of the Old Gods off her surface without realizing how deep they had spread.

That sounds cool at a glance and all but shouldn't it be deeper or something? It was just a big puddle of magic water.

The old gods are bigger then they look, we just fight parts of them peaking out of their dark realms.

considering how big it is does it really matter if its broken or not?

The Avatar of Sargeras was a ploy to get Aegwynn to "kill" him so his spirit could possess her unborn child, so that he could use Medivh to open the Dark Portal on Azeroth's end to facilitate the Horde's invasion

Corrupting the Orcs was done by Kil'Jaeden. Because Sargeras was wounded by an Orc in the War of the Ancients and decided he wanted that ferocity for his Legion. But we don't talk about that.

lol no its just a big leytorrent. you can read about it in skorpyron's log

Aegwynn only killed the AVATAR of Sargeras which in fantasy terms you could compare it to how harry potter handled Voldemort a piece of his soul. then was entombed and sealed out of rational fear of people/agents of the burning legion misusing the corpse to do harm to the world.

just because its dead doesn't mean its not pulsating with fel energy.

The well of eternity is where they ripped off the first parasitic Old God. They were feeding off the unborn titan within Azeroth.

So basically the Well of Eternity energies is baby titan juice/effluent. Elves evolved from Trolls, which were corruptions caused by the Old gods too. So in a roundabout way, Elves are still being parasitic since they're so heavily drawn towards the Well of Eternity.

Y'shaarj's Heart and all that remained of its body, the Sha, were confined to Pandaria

soon

>you'll never see BroxiGAR again

The meme lives on in Saurfang

You ever see the end of Gurren Lagann?

For some reason I always had and still have this idea that Sargeras is a good guy and just the Legion is bad. Something with like the Titans were bad so he killed them, and his army did bad stuff but he is good.
I have no clue of his story lol.

Honestly surprised we haven't seen them already, along with Forsaken Paladins. Elves delved into druidism because they realized they go meth-head for magic. The driving reason paladins didn't exist is cultural. With Night Elves allowing mages again, I'm sure they will be willing to let priests be more combat oriented(which is what a paladin is).

The Heart was put in a titan vault down there by Highkeeper Ra (since that's where the body happened to end up). The Sha manifested long, long after, even after some aqir had migrated nearby and mutated into Mantid.

>Seeing Brox in the Black Rook Hold flashback

Fuck anyone who hates Brox, dude was a badass.

>Forsaken Paladins
Let's not fuck everything up now.

Relative to humans both are bad. The Titans were mechanical beings, they considered anything living, as in flesh and blood, to be corruption that needed to be purged, as flesh and blood is caused by the old gods.

wait what? which flashback

Sargeras is now Dindu Nuffin tier, since he's actually trying to stop the Void Lords, the real endboss of the setting, from completely ruining reality forever

>Elune is holy

Worst fucking outcome imaginable.

Delas Moonfang is now a paladin follower after seeing how much better they are than priests during their respective order hall quests.

Well yeah. C'Thun was literally just his eye.
Fuck, I remember the old gods always fascinated me ever since WC3. I can't believe we've seen all but one.
What was the great evil beneath Tirisfal, they ever say?

some rando void dude called Morgroth or whatever. doesnt get developped any further iirc

Light's Heart, you play as Illidan defending Black Rook Hold on Kur'talos Ravencrest's orders.

Illidan repairs a few portals to bring in some backup mages from the Moon Guard and instantly starts sacrificing them to go Super Saiyan and kill all of the demons on his own.

No kidding. I was checking out the achievements last night for killing the horde leaders and it says something like "Damage Saurfang long enough so that he pretends to play dead."
Fucking lost it.

Got demoted to a powerful general. The first human king died temporarily sealing it back in its tomb. DA CHOSAN WAN Warrior comes in and slaps it permadead with no effort.

That's not true. They went around the universe seeding planets with all sorts of life. They objected to the Old Gods corrupting their stone creations into flesh and blood for their own purposes

>What was the great evil beneath Tirisfal, they ever say?
An Old God lieutenant iirc, sealed under the land by Tyr.

They already have Forsaken Priests. Lore wise, a vast majority of Forsaken Priests were shadow. Forsaken channeling holy magic is akin to setting the magic that sustains them on fire, and is incredibly painful. This is an isntance of game balance and gameplay taking precedence, so they let Forsaken play as holy.

They later wrote in justifications. We already see atleast one Forsaken being allowed into the Paladin ranks.

Wait, so that nigga I killed last night to get my artifact was it? What the fuck.

thats it

Leonid Bartholomew is never shown to be a Paladin, he just hangs out with the Argent Dawn

Welcome to warrior "class fantasy"

So bad it fucks up lore beyond their own

Yeah, but he is near impossible to kill at lvl 100 if you choose Holy Pally first.

>Anything in any Order campaign being remotely difficult
Consider suicide

>WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? YOU'VE KILLED THEM ALL ILLIDAN!

>What would you have me do...Kur'talos? Simper and nod to our new Legion overlords as they turn out world into ash!?

>There is always a choice! We could have...

>WE COULD HAVE WHAT!? YOU ARE BLIND RAVENCREST! YOU ARE ALL BLIND!

The voice acting was pretty dope in that sequence, they did a good job with Greymane when he fought Sylvanas too.

Why aren't shadow priests considered public enemies at this point, with lynch mobs being formed to root out their kind?

>Undead Paladin
>Undead
>Paladin
Literally fanfiction tier.

Can someone explain undeath to me real quick?

Back in WC3 I assumed it was the Lich King who kept the animated corpses running. Meaning no LK, they go back to being regular corpses. I also assumed that a powerful LK would be able to win back control of the Forsaken. This was before they became a faction in WoW. Why did Arthas never try that? Are all undead free forever once they break control?

My warrior was my first character ever 11 years ago. I'm incredibly disappointed with the class hall. The fuck we get norse mythology from?

I tried getting it at 102 with my pally. Holy shit was it hard.

enough dead lynch mobs to scare the rest.

The Argent Dawn. A sect of primarily Priests and Paladins.

And he only wears plate, and worships the light. Has no problem entering the most holy area possibly on Azeroth. Admit it. Undead paladins could be cool as fuck if they did them right, but this is WoW.

I disagree with you. Illidan's voice was way too...I don't know how to say it. It sounded forced. I don't remember him emphasizing the last word of every sentence.

Started when the came first came out. Stopped at the end of Wrath. Returned for the end of Panda Land and quit again.
I'm seriously wanting to come back. I had fun in Panda Land, mostly PvP and tanking. Will I enjoy Legion?
Is there any sense of community like there used to be?

Lord of Ravens is Odyn.

>"N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha..."
Is this metaphoric or does it mean they're immortal?

>implying warriors aren't so badass, they'll wreck their own lore and yours too

I think the only undead Paladin that's been shown to use the Light is Sir Zeliek.

This guy.
wow.gamepedia.com/Zakajz_the_Corruptor

If you dont want to click the link its the old god general that killed Tyr the Titan.

Warriors go there to finally kill him in his weakened state gain the protruding Strom'kar from the beasts corpse.

Shadow Priests go there later to get Xal'atah from a traitor priest of the alliance and absorb the corpse and the lingering energy it's giving off finishing it off completely for good.

>The voice acting was pretty dope in that sequence

No it wasn't, it was awful. All the voice acting after vanilla is awful.

>Ny'alotha
What it looks like?

Fuck off retard. He isnt meant to be killed that low. It is impossible to even kill him say you were beating down on him for 30 minutes straight, as a holy pally w/o an Artifact weapon at lvl 100.
He literally isnt even meant to be fought. You are just supposed to stop him from getting near the Try gaurd.

>tfw u pop memestorm

It's alright, Kur'talos' delivery was much better, Illidan was always just typical raspy edginess.

Totally agree with you. The one thing that's remained consistent is the terrible VA in WoW.

Did WC3 just have generally good voice acting, or is is a combination of nostalgia and being too young to notice that made it good?

>Recently resubbed after 5year break
>These new voices for undead and dwarfs /sorry and /taunt emotes

The undead /sorry made me jump.

>Did WC3 just have generally good voice acting

Yes, so did all of their old games. Compare Kel'thuzad's old voice to his new one.

They should be. Shadow Priests channel the void instead of Holy. One of the best lore things Legion has done was make shadow priests akin to Twilight occultists.

Undeath is when something dies, but is returned to life using void or fel magic. The Lich King is a product of fel magic, but uses void energies to grant undeath.

Some beings will retain will and personality after being raised. These are exceptions to the rule, lore dictates that Forsaken have the lowest population of any faction, but they are made up of powerful or willful people to compensate.

If the raised being doesn't retain a will or personality, it is a feral being. A powerful will or magic user can maintain control over the feral undead and make an army. Since the vast majority of things brought into undeath are feral, we need a Lich King to keep the vast armies under Northrend in check.

A bit of both plus the fact that it just plain had less of it. WoW has several extremely good voice actors, for example the guy who voices Tirathon in Vault of the Wardens does it REALLY well. The issue is, good VA's are expensive, so all the good VA's are wasted on minor characters with little dialogue.

Hundreds if not thousands of hours of hearing the unit command voices and I thought they were pretty good. A lot of the story sequences suffer from unnatural timings since it's a game and all but I'd say they were generally good.

Doesn't Poh/Tigger's VA do a bunch of voices?

Necromancy is a power all its own, it has little to do with the Void or Fel

For the same reason friendly Warlocks, Demon Hunters etc. exist: they use an evil power for the greater good. Of course, most of them are paranoid crazy bastards (see: Twilight Cultists or that gnome in the Priest class hall)

>Compare Kel'thuzad's old voice
Stop

So my notion was totally off then? Makes the LK seem a little weaker than I originally thought. I remember reading his psychic powers were insane.

Nexus Prince Shaffar was good. That was Cam Clarke right? Also does the BE males.
All I want is for them to reuse the same va from WC3 for the characters. Muradin's new voice was terrible.

Old gods are immortal beings. We slay the manifestations. They return to the void, then come back.

>implying that after 11 years, Warriors are anything but a dev pet class. Just like Druids.

Most of the Old God imagery and namign scheme is ripped from Lovecraft lore. Read "The Temple" by HP Lovecraft for a good idea of what they're like.

>Everyone gets Giga Sky Golems for the showdown with Sargeras

>Arcane is the primordial stuff that the Titans used to shape the universe, magic in its purest form
>Almost the weakest type of magic in-game

Catdog VA Jim Cummings voices Runas and Havi and Velen

He was also Lorewalker Cho

youtube.com/watch?v=wUuy9SYrWJs

>Tyrande has a slutty nose piercing

Can we at least agree the music is on point?

Cam Clarke was also Malygos

What about Fire?
Is it created by Ragnaros or whatever came before him? if yes, does it mean other planets can't use Fire spells?

I hope you niggas meant to say Darkwing Duck's va.

Malygos was awesome, every time I go back for an Azure Drake I love hearing his VA.

Oh shit, so it is. Sorry, I'm going from memory.

Your notion is still accurate. The Lich King was created by the Legion, but slipped its collar almost immediately. Had the Lich King been more malevolent, he would of washed the world in Undead before the Legion needed to even arrive.

Arthas didn't despite being able to. Arguably because he realized that is what the Legion wanted.

As stupid as that sounds on the surface, it could mean there are other magics out there that we can fuck around with and I like that.

Bits.

Elune is the YWHV of the Warcraft Universe. The Titans are just wannabe gods.

It's what Khadgar uses to fuck around with stuff usually. It's also a relatively strong spec now if that means anything.

Fire, Water, Air and Earth are all Elemental magic and exist separately from the Elemental Lords

There was still a Firelands without Ragnaros and a Skywall without Al'akir. The sentient manifestations of those magics is not the source of them.

>She had white hair all along

Huh?

Ragnaros is (or was) an elemental lord, which means that fire magic is a form of elemental magic, wielded by shamans mostly. Mages can harness the same magic by bending the elemental powers of fire and frost to their will through manipulating the arcane.

So in essence, all mages are arcane mages, some just choose to be too cool for school and use their powers to use different powers.

>All of these mages with Felo'Melorn

I get that Arcane isn't as good as it was but goddamn Frost and Arcane may as well not exist.

Arcane is the magic of order. Existence is naturally entropic. Arcane lets us do all the cool useful shit, but it is progressively weakened by the relentless march of time.

>Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker was canonically looted by a male Dwarf Warrior who used it all to the way up to Legion and then died fighting a rare in Faronaar

Arcane is tronk as fuck, the babbies just don't realize it.

Broxigar along with the dragon lore was all right. It was only Rhonian where Knaak dropped the ball, even if he dropped it hard.

>There is no such thing as a glaive.
What did he mean by this?

The character using it is based on the real world first thunderfury owner, which was a male dwarf prot warrior.

Wait what? Ele is beating enhance now?

No, this one goblin got it.

Kind of sucks they killed off that one dudes character if that's true.

Maiev looks...well, a lot less...scary? than I think she would have looked without her outfit. I guess this is where the girly death scream comes from.

It's mostly that all the good Shamans switches over to Ele now that it's comparable to Enhance, since most guilds are a bit melee heavy at the moment. So basically only the shitters are playing Enh.

>all the black dragons are dead, wrathion is the last one
>ha ha no there has been a good black dragon for 10000 years ago pretending to be a tauren
>all the twilight dragons are dead
>nope, bunch of eggs, whelps, drakes and a dragon living in Deepholm

Just DIE already you scaly fucks

>MFW as we're dicking around at the broken isles the Cult of the Damned is STILL fucking around.
>they want to bring back the FIRST necromancer ever to walk Azeroth and tried to do it during Wrath.
>Its a fucking dragon.
>that cannibalized and ate his own kind so much he mutated to the point that his own saliva was toxic enough that even coming into contact was a slow agonizing death.

wow.gamepedia.com/Galakrond

I dont know who the fuck is incharge of death magic but if we ever do go back to northrend it'll be because of this not the new Lich King.

Kel'Thuzhad did say he'd be back.

How did you think she'd look?

I hate what they did to the dragons. They were always so cool. Might be more of a nostalgia thing. Finding dragons in the wild was always awesome.
Fuck you Shade of Erankus!

What I think is worse is that they just keep asspulling shit like this. The blue dragonflight was literally supposed to have been completely wiped off the face of the earth, and it was said in no uncertain terms.

Doesn't there always have to be an everything? Wouldn't killing off an entire dragonflight throw off the balance of whatever and break the universe?

>MM top range spec last weak
>second worst this weak
wew

Right, that reminds me

>Kalecgos wants to be the new Aspect of Magic
>Azuregos wants him to fuck off
>there's a fucking ancient dragon who should probably be the rightful heir to the position in Broken Isles just living in his mana jacuzzi

>Who is Ebonhorn

What was your "Oh shit" moment in WoW. Like the one thing that totally took your breath away. I swear going into org and seeing all those players as my computer turned into a slide show presentation was breathtaking. I think most people have a moment similar to this from what I've read in WoW threads.

How come we've had such nice WoW threads recently? Not that I'm complaining.

That's Mythic, MM is still the top for Heroic. They're lower in Mythic because Hunters are being made to deal with the new mechanics.

All the Aspects depowered themselves and their dragonflights to kill Deathwing for reals. All the power they were given by the Titans to watch over Azeroth is gone so they're no longer important to, well, anything

They're just big scaly flying rats now

Crazier.

>DK is shit tank, shit DPS since launch
>They nerf the only good PvP ability for no reason

Blizzard: Better buff Demon Hunters

>Fury slightly outperforming Arms
>tfw all my gear is Mastery > Versatility because Arms needed those stats
>Fury doesn't need Mastery and Versatility, but Haste and Crit
>Fury artifact isn't upgraded as far as Arms because I expected Fury to be shit until the very end of the expansion YET AGAIN

God fucking dammit. Remove the 30% damage taken thing that ABSOLUTELY nobody likes, and Fury is back where it should be. The worst thing now though is getting gear for Fury. At least Arms isn't dead last, yet.

Probably my first flight from TB to Org after running from Org to TB way back in 2006.

Leaving the starting area and realizing that was absolutely tiny compared to the rest of the world.
>How come we've had such nice WoW threads recently?
Legion came out a month ago so that's stirred discussion.

What site is this from, anyway? I never can find these charts except on trash sites like Noxxic.

Holy shit that is so cool. Way better culture than what we got in WoW.

Warcraftlogs

Actually, that previous chart is out of date.

This is rankings as of today.

These are Warcraftlogs rankings. These aren't Sims like Noxxic et al, these are actual logs.

Aspect of magic isn't even a thing anymore, and they never did explain how these blue fucks survived

>>Tyrande has a slutty nose piercing

Why is Tyrande dressed like some slag out on the town?

How the hell did aff lock get so high?

Gotcha, thanks.

>Arms even worse than before
>Fury that low
Jesus christ what? How did it change that much? Nothing has changed since the last patch, right?

Fights like Dragons of Nightmare, Cenarius and Xavius where they have multiple strong enemies up for long periods of time and can multidot.

>tfw me and the other 2 hunters are relegated to clearing brambles instead of picking up the slack on our shit DK's and Lock's

And they fucking wonder why it took almost 3 hours to kill him.

They had a hotfix that nerfed the shit out of arms warriors.
Instead of removing a passive ability that increases damage by 10%, they nerfed the colossus smash reset.

>Leaving the starting area and realizing that was absolutely tiny compared to the rest of the world.
I remember taking forever in the Den.

My friend told me that he was fighting scorpions one day and I gave him shit for having trouble with them. Then he tells me that he's not taking about the ones from the Den and instead the ones on the outside. Holy shit when I went through that canyon.

I fucking thought Sen'jin was the coolest shit ever. And huge!

the sense of community has been dead since BC user. The world pvp is back as long as you're on a populated server. Tanking is probably the worst it's ever been complexity wise. the content is fun though, so far, and PVP is fun as well.

It's daunting at first (I just started raiding in Legion) but it's very streamlined, I can even tell which of our 3 hunters including me is making the most out of our pots, our captain does fuck-all with his so I'm going to make the suggestion that he has to buy his own because it's wasting herbs at this point.

post dps, not %

Woah woah woah, MORE fucking nerfs? Was it so bad that fucking warriors were good dps early in an expansion for the first time since forever?

Got proof? The last patch I recall fucked Tactician, and I don't see any other hotfixes or patches since then.

>I had fun in Panda Land
Patrician taste.
Sure, content-wise/whatever shit brought in was bad, but the whole continent is fucking fabolous to explore and I still think it's the best region to date.
Also, best race was introduced there: Mantid

The start of wrath had an okay community. I remember adding tanks to my friends list to do heroics and shit. Remember LFG got introduced later on.

I think that's why I like tanking now. It's not as complex as before, but at the same time it's more shit to press than the dps classes I've played so far.

Who was in the wrong here?

Wait really? Is it live? I picked up my warrior last night after getting bored of pally tanking and I loved it. Felt like I was fucking shit up. More fun than lock or hunter so far.

The only tank I've found pretty fun was Monk but, artifact talents and legendaries dumb down the rotation instead of adding to it. Windwalker Monk, Survival Hunter and Unholy DK are some really enjoyable DPS classes though.

People want Shaman Tanks now.

Would you guys support this ?
I would in a fucking heartbeat

I'm talking about the one that fucked tactician. Arms went from #1 to barely middle of the pack dude

>The irony when that DH screams about "WHAT HAVE YOU SACRIFICED :DDD" to a mage

>Wasn't capped when TBC came out
>Probably got to 60 about half a year later because I was in later middle school and a fucking bad
>Kept myself completely spoiler free outside of what Blizzard put online
>Mfw I stepped foot onto the stair of destiny for the first time
No other experience in game can possibly compare to that for me.

Illidan did nothing wrong there.

>What have you sacrificed?
What did illidan sacrifice except for a bunch of unwilling subordinates

Ravencrest, he's a bitch.

Being a leader means you have to make sacrifices, Illidan totally did the right thing, I guarantee if he asked his mages if they would die for him they'd be ok with it if it meant that the Legion could be stopped.

I want to be able to use a 2h weapon again. They did it for Frost DK's and they had a similar setup with SMF/Titans Grip, why can't they make it work for shaman?

Blizzard hate shaman, thats why.

>Joined in BC
>Friend (Paladin, Prot) and I (Hunter, BM) summoned to Blackfathom Deeps
>Group is an Enhance Shaman and two others I don't recall
>Friend dies on a trash pull, Shaman takes over tanking
>Shaman does really fucking good, too

In a heartbeat, fuck yes. Them and Warlocks (RIP Dark Apotheosis) would be fucking awesome tanks.

Shaman can off tank

t. WoW game case manual I reread the other

If new specs would be a thing, I would tank as a Dark Shaman,the ones from SoO. Strangling these fucking elements and rape their ass

>Throwing up rocks to shield yourself like in fucking Avatar
>Using Air to increase dodge chance or some shit

I really want this.

Okay so which class had the most bullshit class quest and why was is druid? Getting swim form was ridiculous.
Shaman came in at a close second though.
Warrior was always easy.
Lock pets quest was just annoying.

the first time i login into WoW as a dwarf. I fell in love with the starting zone and that walk up in the mountain into ironforge.

rogue picklock's quest.

I want Discipline Priest to become a tank spec.

>"Demand Attention" as their taunt
>Smite as main threat generator
>Atonement healing as self sustain
>Penance as a cooldown or ranged pull mechanic
>Other spells that dominate your target with light

I mean, they kind of built up Discipline Priest as the "You WILL obey the Light!" kind of class. A Priest being intimidating enough to hold aggro on a monster would be interesting.

As a main shaman, shaman ones were fucking ridicolous
>going to fucking Silverpine Forest, in a nearly completely hidden zone for that fucking water totem
>return back to a fucktard in a remote zone of the barrens
I don't remember Air Totems quest tho. Maybe they sent you to Thousand Needles?

Thunder Totem seems like a nice place to visit

Holy shit arcane is already #2 fuck that didn't take long.

The first time he sacrifices his guys was legitimate, because it was life or death there.
Everything after that is just excessive. He went with the option of just one-shotting everything instead of trying to whittle it down with what he did have.

Illidan a good boy, you just don't understand

Even as half a sword it's still probably the strongest weapon

Best part was needing to carry around 4 fucking totems until they introduced relics.

Fuck yeah. There needs to be mail wearing tanks anyways. Before Legion there was shit like rockbiter that increased threat.

Are female tauren submissive?

Exact same starting area, except I was a shaman so I had to do something up in the cliffs around the area. Got a view out over the bay near Ratchet and the side of the Barrens.

With these food buffs there's never been a better time to be a Pandaren.

The only way they can retcon Illidan into being a good guy is by making all the other characters seem really stupid.

>4 slots
Yeah, what a burden

Come back when you played a class that was expected to sacrifice an entire potential bag slot for their shit

The closest we have gotten is his lieutenant in a weakened state stuck halfway through a portal. And you had all the dragons with you and you only managed to close the portal.

Oh I remember that. Troll shaman or orc? I was an orc shaman. I knew what Ratchet was by then seeing as that was an alt, but I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to see a town in the distance like that and go "One day..."

Nigga I played a lock too. Or are you talking about hunters? I played my bros hunter every now and then. I always had to make sure to remind him to feed his pet and get arrows.

nigga that broken sword is the bad half of fucking Gorshalach
nigga straight up murdalized all the other titans (that's right, even Aman'Thul, even the guy with the other half) with that broken sword

Soul shards...

>the closest we have gotten
Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel

>Elune
>Holy

I mean I believe you that they did it but why does she grant her boon as nature or arcane magic instead of holy?

It's crazy how the rarest mounts are now the original flying ones.

Netherwing is still the coolest.

Fighter Chow's insane OOC health regen is one of the best things they've ever done

>32 slot Bags for Soul Shard
Jesus christ.
Since I don't have experience with pre-cata raiding, how the heck did a Lock raid?

hell yeah mah nigga. they could even be the TOTEM Class everybody wants.

Kil'jaeden is stronger and ranked higher. Chosen by Sargeras for that roll.

With a lot of soul shards.

>Sylvanas' third death will mark his coming

Sylvanas has already died 3 times.

Arthas stab
Icecrown sudoku
Godfrey's buckshot facial

While I must admit the changes to the Hunters were for the good, I still miss my ammunition bag and my mana. And my Viper Stance of course.

Pretty sure Chronicle retconned this, since he just straight up cleaved Aggramar in half.

You know what I miss

Traps

And Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack

Mostly traps

Illidan is not being portraid as a good guy at all. He is a guy doing terrible things for a good reason, to fight Titan doing terrible things for a good reason.

The big retcon will be that all major events in wow history will be the direct result of voidlord manipulation.

the aesthetics of WoW is why I think all you fags still playing it are losers

That image is straight from chronicle. Honestly the art is just for aesthetics and explanations. For all we know he uses fel magic to make his dick sword bigger.

>Outlaw

4 weeks of Artifact Power down the drain.

Not sylvanas dum dum. The banshee queen. She has only died twice.

Create a 4th (or 3rd, or 5th) spec for the classes.
>Shaman: Warden, Tank spec sing rock/air/water to boost their defenses
>Monk: Elemental, ranged DPS spec using the power of the elements (and Primal Split)
>Paladin: Exorcism, ranged DPS spec using holy spells

>Illidan is not being portraid as a good guy at all
He is literally called the saviour of the universe

The very end of the Light's Heart questline has Xe'ra flat out tell you that you're in the wrong about Illidan and that when you're accepted how wrong you are, you can help him save all reality

>All bosses

Nice meme, 3 fights in that raid make several specs look amazing when they're in fact mediocre.

Keep in mind gear isn't standard yet so there is a lot of balance to come from several more weeks of logs.

Ahh, right on. Thanks.

in real life if cows aren't milked it causes irritation and swelling because of the amount of milk they're producing.

Take that was you will.

Unless they retconned in Archi was outright stated to be more powerful, he was essentially a retard compared to KJ though.
In a brawl, Archi would win.

Troll shaman, he got deleted and I made an undead mage who also got deleted before I made a Tauren shaman. Still have that character to this day, though he's now a female draenei.
She seems to have some ability to use all three of the "good" magics from the outside edge of (and links to both via the Tear of Elune and Kalecgos becoming the Aspect of Magic under her, which is something Titans seem to have the power of), her mated with Malorne and is the mother of Cenarius so that link is obvious, and apparently now she also created the Naaru. She still seems to be primarily Holy though, or at least intended to be ( seems too coincidental to not be deliberate).

Kinda fits with the interlinking of Fel/Undeath/Void, since the Legion started off the Scourge, the Shadowmoon Orcs raising the dead with the power of the void, and the ability of the Old Gods to have corrupted even a demon (Xavius).

>implying I need some shitty aretefact to stand against this bitch

It's a Voidlord ploy to get you to back illidan because even with all of reality against Sargeras and the Legion, the legion will win. The Voidlords just want to mop up when they get here.

In real life cows have been selectively bred to have grotesquely oversized teats and produce more milk than they could ever use for their own children

>The way classes handle current content doesn't count

This is how classes compare while doing mythic EN. There is no need for you to be upset. If you want to compare classes in a vacuum based on content that doesn't exist, go back to your spread sheets and put your favorite class at the top.

>tfw played Shaman enhancement since forever
>wanted to try Shadow Priest in Legion because I fap to Old Gods
>I play like shit, deal 0 dps
>I also find it somewhat boring
>Return to Shaman
>Back to good dps
Too bad shaman lore is meh but I still can't abandon shaman, I find it too much fun

>Achievement; Defeat Sargeras with your entire raid using Poor-quality weapons instead of your artifacts on Heroic Difficulty or higher.
>Reward: Mythic+ Difficulty unlocked for (Sargeras Raid)

So is elune the avatar of the light, was she created by the light or is she the light?

Shaman fun ended when they nerfed double proc Windfury.

>Mythic+ is the true ending
>Will be found out after 2 expansions
>In the true ending Sargeras reveals there's a Voidlord along mortals, hiding and lurking
>It's Aggra

>Xal'atash eggs you on to ask Odyn about his imprisonment
>Odyn flips his shit and kills you in one hit

linge-ma.ws/odyn.mp4

Shaman can have old god flavor if you channel through the elemental lords aligned with the old gods.

Priests are shit tier Void lord servants, they just get mind broken a lot. Warlocks channel their shadow magic intelligently and enslave demons from the legion.

>"I... I yield!"
Why does he "yield" when he could just oneshot everyone? Is he limiting himself? Is he a character from Dragonball?

I miss traps and trap launcher. That shit was so much fun. I've been playing a hunter since vanilla, and this shit blows.

>Hey guys lets move traps to survival
>Not only will we do that, we're gonna make survival the worst spec in the entire game!
>Great idea intern Jeff!

>Ragnaros is dead
>Lava Lash now deals shit damage and it's a filler skill
>Thunderan is the new leader of Air
>Stormstrike wrecks havoc
Pottery

Ragnaros isn't dead though...

Yes he is.

Because he's not trying to kill you?

>New specs all but confirmed
>DH has two specs
>Growing tenuous relationship with the wardens
>Mfw were gonna get a Warden spec with lots of good CC, single target, and summoning avatars varying on the situation with Cordana's Glaive as the Artifact
It would have to be REALLY fucking good to make me jump off the momentum build hype train.
Fuck this class is criminally fun

We don't know, but she seems to be a true deity.

For some reason I thought at the end of Firelands he just went back into his fire puddle and that was it.

He ded.

>>Mfw were gonna get a Warden spec with lots of good CC, single target, and summoning avatars varying on the situation with Cordana's
Jesus if this happens I'll play DEmon Cancer, I swear

In the Normal version he does. In the Heroic version you dive in after him and kill him for reals. Harder difficulties are always the Canon ones though. Ragnaros is dead, and Archimonde is dead too.

Well he does on normal. On Heroic he climbs out with legs but gets the big druid dick and dies.

>The legs
>He was just a shitty reskin over a Night Elf male all along
Oh how hilarious it was when that was found out. Those thin as fuck legs were hilarious.

>tfw I never defeated Sha of Fear in Heroic
>Did today for transmogs
>Never saw that fucking paradise-like place ever
Does Xavius have new phases/this sort of stuff too?

Wait didn't those picture come out after the datamined model, which was not the one they ended up going with?

>Ragnaros and Al'akir dead because of us
>Fuck it just make some guy who looks like Baleroc and the guy from the Thunderfury bullshit the Elemental Lords

>Therazane is getting fatter
>Neptulon lost his virginity to a squid

Oh no, he has wimpy legs on live.

The fire guy is a bit lame but it's not like there were any options. At least Thunderaan has a neat tie in to existing lore.

similarly, i didn't cap til wrath
but i hit 68 sometime around wotlk prepatch
so going into launch with all the 70s, clearing that quarry in borean tundra was mine

>Take two elemental lords loyal to the old gods
>Dethrone them and place mortal-friendly alternatives on the throne
I dont see how this is a bad thing

Therazane realizes that we are the new game in town so she plays niceish and Neptulon is basically Pyrhon from Kid Icarus Uprising without the secret betrayal

fags can't even defend their own guild hall without muscular paladin help

Therazane is just tsundere, she was the exact same way during Cata

just play dk :^)

>Delas decides to become a paladin because they're apparently just plain better than priests

She could be a semi-awakened titan world soul that lives in the moon.

>Muh Japanese personality archetype that literally no living person or realistically written character has even remotely been close to
She tolerated the old gods to keep earth elementals safe and she tolerates us because we've dethroned half the elemental lords that have stood with her her entire existence. They're isolationist and she'd prefer nothing to do with anybody outside of deepholme.

Nah, she's been around since the start of the cosmos.

>tfw now i'm hyped for circle glaive spec

What is a fun healer to play?

Druid.

Tinker fucking when

I should clarify "Growing tenuous relationship with the wardens"

"Tenuous, but growing" makes way more sense

>that feel when no DPS that helps support though buffs or whatnot

I don't like playing a pure DPS that contributes nothing but DPS and I don't like playing a healer that just heals.

Shamn

>It sounded forced
No, it sounded like his voice is trembling which is because Liam O'Brien can't do any voice that doesn't sound like that.

ret

What does Shaman bring?

I guess blessings?

Holy priest

>Blizzard states for years that classes with overlap on existing classes are a bad idea and they wont to it
>Cave to demand
>Adding DH to the game was messy and fucked Rogues and Warlocks up, Rogues got something cool out of it losing combat for outlaw but Locks are literally gutted and fucked 5ever
>Wants to add a class with 100% overlap with an existing well established profession
Engineers have had it bad enough user

Even then though the allure of a mech suit tanking spec almost makes me want it.

The problem with those classes is they tend to end up much worse outside of a coordinated group. There's some elements of supporty DPS but that's what they are, DPS with some support skills.

I know someone is going to say it, but ret IS NOT this. It's just a DPS spec with decent utility from Lay on Hands, BoP and Freedom. The buff blessings are 2 garbage choices and a DPS choice that is passive, lasts for one hour and is a pain in the dick that's not fun.

Disc does heal through dealing damage, which is the closest you'll get in current WoW.

Disc priest then. It's the healing through dps spec

Enh shaman is constantly crapping out some lightning buff to nearby players. Bloodthirst. A snare/slow totem, an AoE stun totem or a move speed buff totem with 30 yard range. That one kind of shitty PBAoE damage/slow aura.

blessings + being able to support with stuff like lay on hands when needed

>WW Monk top tier
Oh baby.

One of the biggest things I missed in the RTS to MMO transition was that weapons had to fit into neat little categories instead of cool shit like the circle glaive and warglaives until now.

Artifacts come along, a potential fix to this problem, and what do we get? Nothing. Swords, Staves and a admittedly neat mace for enh shamans. Flails for prot warr and pally but their hidden skins, they could have easily been the default. They could have added some really unique weapons into the game in lieu of lore important weapons but no enjoy your generic sword/staff/etc

A typical Old God at full power eclipses Sargeras. That's why he needs armies.

Also Sargeras' physical body was destroyed by a mortal with a sword.

I'd play a healing spec for my DK.

None of what you just said is true

>throwing blood maggots around
>a disease that replaces flesh as it is damaged
>some variant of bone shield for an absorb

I mean it kinda works but would be a little fucked up.

>Harder difficulties are always the Canon ones though
That's not true at all. That's only the case with firelands heroic.

Mythic Archie still plays the standard cutscene afterwards, and the cutscene is by far more canon than a bonus phase.

>new specs are all but confirmed.

Where ?

What should I play? Rogue or Ret Paladin, or should I just level something like an Enh Shaman.

>My GMs boyfriend is a minamxing turd who constantly bitches about DH and wishes the worst nerfs upon them
>Plays WW and has been up at the top with us this whole time both in meters and obviously rankings
>He acts like its 100% him and not his class even before the fist of the windcaller 1hKO
>My fucking face when
She, on the other hand, is the nicest person you will ever meet. Guilds great other than him and some creepy old guy.

>best dps
>best burst
>unslowable
>stealth
>strong self-healing
>strong damage reduction
umad

>tfw WW Monk

I have aoe and group utility, so not really.

Priests can use Shadow to heal people with shadow mend, why can't dks do that too?

>Worst AoE

The missing DH spec is to make up for Druids having 2 specs out of Feral

What do you play?

It could be a bunch of specs really. Just think how many of them have aoe and group utility.

>make a DH
>its fucking FUN
holy shit, this is too good, what's the downside. Numbers have to be terrible later on or something, right?

>Been playing the BG minigame to get the color I want for my hidden artifact skin
>Fighting another damn druid
>As is custom they are going to lose and are about to bitch out and try to escape in cat form
>Mfw I am a Demon Hunter and they literally cannot escape

This list is hilariously wrong. Enhance shamans that low? Fury below frost DK? Assassination rogues that low? Unholy DK that low?

How can it be "wrong" when it's literally aggregate data from combat logs?

Those are logs. They are objectively correct.

What's the most fun ranged dps?

>healing DK is so good at necromancy, they revive you before you die

The nerf changed it so that if you're bad your single target numbers are abysmal. If you know how to play your single target numbers should be in the front but not the absolute front of the pack

Because it's data from "all mythic fights" where over 90% of logs are from guilds that have only killed 2, maybe 3 bosses in mythic.

More like reviving you as you die.

>ele better than enh

MY FUCKING AP

Perpetual hate for all of Legion because they are the hero class so knee-jerk balance changes are going to hit them faster and harder than most. They were intent on gutting DH in the last hotfix but pulled back only because literally everyone yelled at them that they were being retarded.

They are fundamentally flawed too, damn near every ability they have does cleave, and as a melee that means they are going to get ripped apart by balance tuning because trash dies faster and on bosses where you have more than one guy you'll crush people.

Think about it, another plate healer would be kinda great, since paladins are the only ones.

mate that is literally back in the game via stormstrike

Enh is still better in Heroic. Mythic kills them because mechanics.

>best burst
Yeah okay fuckboi

Not sure if you're joking but I don't know why people care about minimal DPS changes that occur in the middle of these charts. Really I'd only start caring once I reached the very bottom and even then you're only looking at a 100k difference at worst.

they've been through that shit before with FDK, should've been conservative like with monk but they fucked up bad

100k difference when the maximum is 275k is a big fucking difference.

But if Arcane is one of the major powers, what about Fire and Frost?

And what about Shamans? I see the magic elements in the middle there, but surely both Shamans and Mages don't occupy the same magic?

>have Rhonin, Jarod and fucking Broxigar helping out
>still getting their asses kicked
>Ravencrest even cries something like "they're killing us all, do something Illidan!"

If it's based on that scenario, Illidan eating his mages and shitting out black holes was the only way. Sacrifice a few for the sake of many.

>>Wants to add a class with 100% overlap with an existing well established profession
>Engineers have had it bad enough user

The only overlap would be they use machines. They wouldn't actually steal anything from engineering

Mages use Arcane magic to manipulate physical forces, like Friction and Convection, to create Fire. Shamans draw it directly from the elemental planes.

>everyone plays mage
>destro/afflic are stupid as fuck, demo is too tedious to play
>spriest playstyle is exhausting for me, feels more "momentous" (constantly falling forward)
>hunter sucks ass
>moonkin is a meme

>Uses stolen life from enemies to heal.
>Use their own HP if they have no stolen life.
>Can redirect damage to their pet.
>Can implant a ghost into another player and that player receives benefits and heals based on damage dealt and healing received by the DK Healer.
>Ghost can turn into a damage absorb shield.

>holy paladin: reskinned

So is that fire section in the center the Shaman's source or the Mage's source?

Wait. Arcane is technically both Fire and Frost, but not listed on the diagram as it's a manipulation of Arcane?

>They wouldn't actually steal anything from engineering
Name one thing that they would do

He killed his own loyal followers, that's a pretty hard thing to do emotionally.
Overall Illidan has basically sacrificed his reputation, his body, and his life.

mages use arcane to manipulate frost and fire, they're not like shamans who just call the elements in aid

Yeah it is. Just because you know literally nothing about the lore doesn't invalidate it. Ever heard of the Guardians of Tirisfal? Medivh's mother? There is in-game text stating Sargeras himself would fall before a fully revived Old God going as far back as Ahn'Qiraj.

>now
People (I) have wanted this since vanilla
Rockbiter even gave extra threat so they could offtank

>WHAT HAB YOU SACRIBICED :DDDDDDD
>i'm a dk
>mfw

All mages are Arcane mages, the difference is how they use it.

You didn't sacrifice anything the LK force you to serve and the turned you into a monster.

Right. Cheers bud.

Turrets and robot companions

You got buttfucked against your will. What happened to DKs was something they were unwilling to do so it's not a sacrifice :^)

Choosing to keep playing DK is a sacrifice though I'll give you that.

Every player DK is a member of the Argent Dawn who died fighting the Scourge.

I think Engineers have had turrets at some point or another. At the very least its a GW2 ripoff.

Gnome Hunters and vanity pets called.

Oh I guess you have overlap with hunter shit too

not tinker's fault engineering is a stupid, neglected profession like inscription or first aid

This is literally not true at all.

What, this can't be real. Where are they located? I have to see with my own eyes.

The new turrets that nobody uses? What a great loss and they don't need mech pets.

>Artifacts are a thing
>No more weapon transmogs from raids
Who thought that this was a good idea?
Everyone either has the same weapon recolored or slightly redesigned or is using an old transmog they already had. The armor sets are shit too, wryy

>"At the time of her third death, she ushers our coming"

First time Azeroth nearly died: When Y'sharj was ripped out of her
Second time: The Sundering
Third time is yet to come.

Welp, we are gonna fuck up BIG TIME, arent we?

>He draws his strength from the earth. Our earth.

N'zoth is sucking all the power of azeroth, and given how she is stronger than sargeras at full power, this is bad.

I really want to see queen azshara showing up in our fight against avatar of sargeras (who will totally be the last boss) and BTFOing everyone

They still have them and they just added mech pets for hunters

Stay salty user, tinker isn't happening

third time: the cataclysm

theory debunked

I don't care about the pets noone said they should have pets memer and those are not eng stuff they re hunter stuff.

I guess you could argue it was surface damage

This. What are they gonna do next expansion? Keep upgrading the same weapon to infinity or just throw it away like trash? If they decide to throw it away then what will happen to the "skill tree" that's within the artifact?

Bradensbrook, they're in the building next to the flightmaster.

Which has been retconned.

Sorry about your perfect Cthulhu ripoffs being demoted to literal garbage bin status, but you really should at least keep up.

You realized when Medivh's mother fought Sargeras it was just his avatar right? that's why she was able to defeat him.

Overlap is overlap and overlap is fucking stupid.

Stay salty that your half-baked class idea isn't happening

>as far back as Ahn'Qiraj.
well there's your problem, new lore states titans are now as big as planets, constructs like loken and archaeus were what defeated the old gods, and sargeras split a planet crawling with old gods in 2
y'shaarj got plucked like a weed

They could maybe do new artifacts.
Or, bring back weapon drops, just make them slightly underpowered so that people just use the transmog on their artifact.

It shattered the barriers between the elemental planes and allowed countless Old God spawn to slip into out reality.

>Millions of shitty ecelebs suck blizz cock to try and get into the game
>Jontron puts them on blast for Nost and he gets in
B E S T

I don't think you know what overlap is

Stay mad memer

>still no main

Too many classes are fun and I am full of too much indecision and lack of a guild and knowledge of what people are recruiting.

>make a DH
>just melt everything from any distance, have dynamic abilities and jump everywhere

I'd never though it was possible to have this much fun, what other classes give you the feeling to do crazy stuff in combat ?

Why did engineering get meme'd in Legion?
All of the basic shit, which is single use, require a ton of ore, which you could sell on the AH for like 800g.

Loss of potential 800g
+ the time it takes to get all that shit
all for a SINGE USE ITEM

Not that any wow villain is good but i always found sargeras painfully uninteresting as an antagonist, and seeing the vaguely interesting old gods demoted purely to jerk him off mildly upsets me

>Tinker gets in
>Plate armor
>Uses Turrets and guns for ranged combat (Ele Shaman + MM Hunter)
>Uses a heavy mech suit for tanking, bashing the enemy and using high health as mitigation with a self-repair mechanic (Guardian Druid + Blood Death Knight)
>Can wear a backpack full of claws and drills for melee combat, utilizing combo points and sunder armor to rip through enemy defenses and leave them vulnerable to allies (Arms Warrior + any Rogue)
>Class ability lets you run around in a mech suit at mount speed, much like a Worgen's all fours "mount".
>Engineering items are 50% more effective if used by Tinker class (stronger grenades, Stealthman lasts longer after moving, Glider lasts longer, Nitro Boosts run faster, etc)

Don't worry I'm also a retard that doesn't know much but it has worked out for me. I main a frost mage but recently been playing fury warrior and probably will continue to level most of my alts to 100. There is no need to hurry.

>not mail

I want to find something that clicks and start making logs so I don't end up getting fucked later finding a guild.

Why would they wear flimsy chain as armor? Full metal jacket or bust.

>class is literally "class + class"

lol

>Guns which hunters already have but admittedly is hardly the worst offense of your idea
>Mech pets which hunters already took and engineers make for vanity
>Explosives? Nope engineers make them.
>Utilities like cloaking fields, slow fall, high jump, glide? Engineer territory
>Turret? Pretty sure beginners have one and GW2 did it first.
>Mech fighting tank spec? Half the populace is walking around in shredder mounts senpai.
>Field technician healing spec? Fancy first aid wow so fun.
There is literally nothing that tinkers could do that some player in WoW does not currently have access to.

>tfw reached 100 on my WW Monk just today
I had a feeling Monk was going to be useful someday. Fun as fuck to play, to boot.

>There is literally nothing that tinkers could do that some player in WoW does not currently have access to.
that hasn't been a problem for the last 2 classes added

>>Field technician healing spec? Fancy first aid wow so fun.

Plus they're already in the game through Bandage Guns.
A Tinker class is a terrible idea, nobody likes Gnomes or Goblins, they overlap with other classes in every aspect, and they don't fit anywhere.

There would literally be nothing unique to tinkers based off of what you just said. Mandatory engineering being the only thing buts it's a terrible idea. Besides blizzard isn't adding any more full fledged classes because how the hell would they level through legion? It's specs only from here.

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad. Tinker has been out of the picture since vanilla.

Obvious samefag is obvious
>ib4 edited picture of both posts

>But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals. Vast, endless and all consuming. I do not believe you can correct this doomed course
What did he mean by this?

>Being this upset
Tinker is Necromancer levels of redundant.

>want to like Spriest
>shit survivability
>can't do fuck all while moving
>S2M is the definition of unfun mandatory talent

No more classes. As cool as Tinkers would be with drones, robots and sentry guns and shit. And a possible ooze themed healer spec to fit that Forsaken theme, no thanks. We don't need the headache.

>Ranged DH using thrown weapons like chakrams

It hasn't been retconned. Sargeras fears the Void Lords and their Old God minions and it even implies that we should hurry up and deal with Sargeras because N'Zoth and the Void is coming.

>sargeras has a fiery beard
>odyn has a fiery beard

What does it mean?

Every DK player has no memory of his past save a few ones, like Thassarian and Koltira, who shared a strong bromance bond before dying together.
Canonically enough, every DK player was basically killed by the scourge and raised against their will, and commanded by the lich king to kill a relative in the A Special Surprise quest.
After the whole introduction and wotlk bogaloo, Death Knights are basically undeads.
They don't breathe, they don't eat, they don't sleep nor need to, they're basically on the same level as Forsakens.
They all share a fraternal bond with their fellow ebon blade knights, and they're rejected and despised by everyone as monsters and wretched creatures, they get a treatment worse than warlocks get.
Of all the classes and races, they're probably the most rejected poor bastards out there, Warlocks are a close call, as they too are renegades.
Now, pointless fanboyism isn't the point of this post, what really upses me is how blizzard's writing skill are so abysmal that they must pull at all costs a "lol edgy sacrificed everything :DDD" bullshit stuff for Demon Hunters.
Fuck that man, tons of niggas out there sacrificed stuff to get shits done, you're not a special snowflake because you sucked off a demon and :DDD DEMON POWA :DDDD SACRIFICED EVERYTHING :DDDDDD WHAT HAVE YOU GIBEN :DDDD EBIN WARGLAIVES :DDD
Yes, my main is a DK and i fucking hate DHs.
Yes, i have fun with it because we probably have the best class hall campaign.:^)

Is Demonology Warlock actually fun to play? They are interesting to me since they are actually focused around pets which I like, but I heard the actual gameplay was pretty ass. Though I am a weird person who really liked Demo at the beginning of WoD so who knows.

They should just make Affliction the Necrolyte spec. It basically already is in all but name. Change the demons into ghosts and skeletons and shit.

People want a Necromancer class, they don't want to be a sword swinging plate wearer to do it. So give Afflic the Outlaw treatment. Hell its not like there arent similar classes and specs anyway. Look at fire mages and destruction locks. Same shit with a slightly different flavor.

>Monk: Elemental, ranged DPS spec using the power of the elements (and Primal Split)
So basically a shaman.
>Paladin: Exorcism, ranged DPS spec using holy spells
So basically a priest.

Its garbage, but if you're gonna play a Warlock you have no choice to play Demo. Afflic is back to vanilla mushroom shit tier and Destro isn't that far ahead.

Nercrolyte is basically Warlock/Shadow Priest

Priests haven't got a Holy DPS spec, only Shadow. Plate ranged DPS is definitely a viable choice for a new Paladin spec.

>turning one of the most iconic specs in WoW that still retains its identity into something completely different

No, Afflic is fine being DoTs, that is their thing and always has been. If anything needs to be changed its Destro since it plays basically like a Fire Mage with 2-3 buttons.

>She tolerated the old gods to keep earth elementals

Nope, The elemental lords created fucking rocky, fire tornadoes all over Azeroth in order to purge the black citadel and the servants of the old gods.

They don't take shit.

Who said anything about changing how the class plays? I'm just talking aesthetics and fluff, yknow for fun.

>TFW you're losing a pvp fight but you have Holy Wrath and pop it at the last second
>1 MILLION DAMAGE

It is.
Through it was just implied.
>Gally Lumpstain says: C... can't we work this out somehow?
>Gally Lumpstain says: Alright, j... just let me... let me st... stand up.
>Gally Lumpstain says: ?
>Gally Lumpstain says: , I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, ?
>Gally Lumpstain says: You don't remember me, ? I lost count of the number of jobs you and I ran back in the day on Kezan. Then I picked up a real bad [Kaja'Cola] habit and you saved me! It was you who took me to Kalimdor to join the Steamwheedle Cartel. You were the only good goblin I knew. That's how I ended up in the Argent Dawn, because I knew it's what you woulda done. How could this have happened to you?
>Gally Lumpstain says: Remember the goblin you once were, ! You were my best friend! Fight this!
>Gally Lumpstain says: Listen to me, . You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster who wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
>Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, ?
>Gally Lumpstain says: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, . Do it or they'll kill us both. ... Remember Kezan, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
>Gally Lumpstain says: Do it, ! Put me out of my misery!

New specs and races from here on out is more than ok with me.
>Outlaw style reworks to specs that have never worked
Besides demonology what even are the other warlock specs? Theyre boring is what they are. Destruction kinda makes sense but it needs more oomph and making shit explode in demonic energy. Cut affliction and give us something new there.
As a long time warrior arms is another one that's always been so fucking bland to me. SOMETHING needs to be done with it. I've been thinking changing it to knight spec and having it be mounted combat would be fucking neat but I'm not sure.
Rework enhance into a tanking spec, but that might make too many people angry it might need to be a new spec.
Warden spec for DH as discussed above.

>Yazmina Oakenthorn says: You don't remember me? When you were a child your mother would leave you in my care while she served at the Temple of the Moon. I held you in my arms and fed you with honey and sheep's milk to calm you until she would return. You were my little angel. Blasted Scourge... What have they done to you, ?
;_;

They were enslaved by the old gods.

If we're going that route on pure aesthetics then it should be something like this.

>Demo
Demons obviously
>Destro
Spirits, Souls, Necromancer (Destroying the Soul essentially and binding it)
>Afflic
Abominations, Plague Ghouls, etc.

Destruction and Demo could be merged into a general "Fel" spec. Focused on green fire, demons out the ass or both. Bigger and better talent trees to let you go with whatever side of fel shit you want. Like artifacts except not horrible? I dunno.

Affliction into Necrolyes, all dots, death magic, curses and soul siphoning. With a spookier theme.

Spitballing.

Almost everything regarding the Old Gods and the Elemental Lords has been retconned now. Since the Old Gods will lead to the end game.

What are v some professions that are actually useful?

>Having only one Warlock spec be about demons
Guys cmon dial it back.

You guys dont actually believe everything the Old Gods whisper to you right? They're pretty much known liars.

>Your friends will abandon you.
Nevermind. C'Thun knew.

i got my alt rogue to 110. fuck suramar though

Herbalism and Mining.
>Farm herbs for an hour
>Pay for a month of sub

Everything about that youtube series was so perfectly awful, especially the part with Jesse Coxsucker.

Afflic doesn't have to not be about demons, just introduce new demons. Look at Mr. Eyeball for instance and some of the others introduced as time went on. You could introduce some time of boiled out afflicted demons, or hell take the existing models of the demons and have them be deformed and twisted akin to affliction experiments done on them.

Destro is really the one that needs to overhaul, its so bland and lifeless, and it sucks that its the one that focuses the most on Green Fire anymore. Like it doesn't even feel like a Fel Spec honestly.

Destruction is pure felfire though, its all about destroying things on a physical level. Rain of fire or cataclysm are the posterboys of destruction. Its sheer violent power.

Affliction is the subtler, necro style one. With its abundance of curses, drain life (hell even the passive thats literally called Secrets of the Necrolyte). Not to mention the artifact being a scythe that eats souls.

>Your heart will explode
Given the health habits of MMO players this probably wasn't too far off for a lot of people hearing it in vanilla

The issue is that neither spec feels like they're supposed to.

Affliction was more of a mix of yes a necrolyte, but also about plagues, boils, abominations, etc. Honestly a mixture of DK stuff like Unholy and Blood feels more like Afflic should. Whereas Destro does have the heavy hitting abilities, but they don't feel like they destroy at all, it feels lifeless largely. Cataclysm for instance feels more like it should work similarly to a Shaman's Earthquake but with fel fire all over the place that spreads out in different directions and stays for a limited amount of time, Rain of Fire should be on a bigger scale and cover more ground, etc. It doesn't feel like you're actually this powerful destroyer of things, you just feel like a gimpy fire mage, which only feels the way it does solely because it uses actual fire.

Honestly a lot of the classes could be overhauled quite significantly to give that feel of individuality back. I was thankful for the initial warlock changes when MoP happened, but some things were hindered terribly as a result and the new changes, while nice, are still hindered terribly.

In the effort of streamlining and making things not a cluttered mess from the Vanilla days, they've ruined a lot of what made Vanilla fun in the first place. The community (which is a playerbase fault just as much), the feel of the classes, the individuality.

I mean lets look at Shamans for instance, they get 1 totem, that is it. Like it feels so far derived from the 4 totem days and actually managing and understanding the elements that its sad.

>New specs all but confirmed
Huh? You what?

Isn't this because you can't kill demons in the actual plane, but have to kill them in the Twisting nether?

Blizzard mentioned offhandedly they're not interested in adding more classes beyond DH. Probably.

Anything knew would just be alternate specs for current classes.

subraces confirmed

To be honest the only specs that are even remotely close to being finished are Unholy DKs, Havoc DHs, Moonkins, and Fire Mage. These specs have a focused identity and their spells and overall aesthetic are close enough to their "Class Fantasy" to only warrant number tunes from time to time.

They had Fury Warrior on point up until the end of beta and were effectively neutered.

Everything else is clunky af, and far off from what their "Class Fantasy" imagining described.

That and logistically they would have to go back k and add legion content post legion

>monk
>elemental
nah they need to redesign mw to be themed after chi ji since hes the actual patron of healing and make a ranged dps after yu lon

I'd argue that Holy Priests and most of the Holy Paladin feels good. The healer specs feel probably the most finished honestly, they feel complete and like they fit within the world they're supposed to. I suppose you could argue for all the Monk specs too.

But really, its just a mess right now. They need to step back from trying to tell a story and focus on the classes and gameplay itself, because its definitely just sort of there and its like you don't even really care anymore, its like running on auto-pilot, which is part of the problem anymore, and not just for classes either.

They could give them a ranged DPS shadow priests sorta deal where they harness their emotions and use the power of the Sha

lore wise (i dunnno if it's been retconned) but azshara was more powerful than sargeras.

She literally brought him in to hop on his dick because she was already drinking from the well of eternity which was linked to the mana of the entire fucking universe.

She wanted even more, her lust of power was insane and that was how she was manipulated.

But in straight up magical combat, she's said to be unrivaled.

If they keep with the old lore, i would wager she might be our salvation against sargeras as she's the only one with enough power to match him.

As for her relationship with nzoth, that's an interesting one that was not entirely clarified on.

Apparently after she got betrayed by her people cause she was a total junkie, she fell into darkness (both mentally and into the ocean) where nzoth offered salvation for her people.

Azshara is not entirely naga either, unlike the others who were corrupted.

But blizzard is constantly fucking up the lore, so i dunno if this still stands.

it would be cool as fuck if she did end up redeeming herself by saving the day with her fucking insane powers.

or could be the final bad guy after sargeras and the old gods, considering she's still absorbed a shit ton of the well of eternity's power and has not lost it.

If anything they said they would like to go back and make less specs for each class not too long ago

No way Azshara is being a final bad guy. She's a tier 1 final raid boss with N'Zoth following in the next tier as the final raid boss of the old gods expac.

So what are guilds recruiting for right now?

>Someone said shaman tanking in this thread.
>it has a HUGE chance of happening.

YES.
REMOVE DRUID.

see

Azshara is the most powerful Mage ever. A better Mage than Sargeras.

But he is still much, much, much, MUCH more powerful. Before his blade was broken, he could cleave planets in two. No single being can stand in combat against him.

And he already beat her. He got her to do what he wanted.

They're not going to take away specs now, that would be retarded. Saying you wished you'd have less specs to start with is not the same as saying you want to take them away

Give proof of this claim.

Who /ret/ here?

They're definetely not going to add more, it's a nightmare to balance specs and classes before they added demon hunters.

she's more powerful than nzoth, if they retcon that i'm going to flip. her and nzoth worked out a mutual understanding, she fed him a nice bit of mana to restore his power from nothing after his titan battle ages ago...he saved her people and turned them into naga, hiding them from sight to plan whatever the fuck they're planning.

she's literally absorbed a good portion of the universe's mana, nzoth is planet-tier powerful

remember, azshara was powerful enough to consort sargeras on an equal level (with both trying to manipulate eachother)

her power levels are off the fucking chart, they better make her fight god damn epic as fuck.

side note, it's a shame paragon (and most of the top guilds) are gone. I miss watching their fantastic kill videos. That was some good editing.

no, unless it's recently been changed azshara is equally powerful.

she was already a fucking stupid mage until she went full junkie and bathed in the well of eternity, driving her absolutely power insane (at which point she decided she wanted to bring sargeras here for keks as she wanted more power). sargeras wanted to fuck shit up as usual, so they both had their own agendas...but it was directly implied in the lore then that neither was capable of killing eachother.

back and forth manipulating between the 2 because of this, since neither had the physical upper hand.

of course with all the dumb recent lore shit they've been doing about demons randomly coming back, i would not be suprised if they made sargeras more powerful just for keks.

which would be a shame, because azshara's story is very fucking interesting. they were alluding for the longest time that's she's plotting something fucking big (not bringing in the leigon) with the old gods this time.

azshara is basically doped the fuck up on power, unkillable and wants to play games to hang around more power like a drug. she does not give a fuck about consequences.

Azshara actually wanted him there because she was going nuts on her addiction at the time.

They mutually got what they wanted out of each other, i would not call that a sargeras win. Azshara wanted to watch him burn the world out of her own free will, after all that well of eternity koolaid she drunk (which was not sargeras's doing).

After all, she initiated the contact with him.

What's the most fun rogue spec?

MW has gotten worse and worse since 5.0

Thrall is Superman!?

>Xal'atath is a female

I play the game on mute, WHAT THE FUCK

Her boss theme better be both beautiful as well as dynamic with the phases.

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

People haven't been calling her knaifu for no reason

Too bad shadow is shit to play.

So Maiev could've acted like some crazy vampire chick? Eh. she could still act like a crazy bitch and start doing weird stuff, stuff that weirds out DH or something.

Anyone have theories on how to get rohk delar off the drogbar in the hunter class hall?

That was what Night Elves in general were in WC3.

They lost all their identity in WoW, Blizzard has acknowledge this multiple times. Outright admitting that they fucked it up but now that it's there they can't do much. They tried to slip a little bit of it into the new models but it's really not there.

Remember the NEs originally were crazy amazonian warrior women and warriors priests with sagely male druids that communed super hard with nature and turned into animals and shit.

Women did the fighting and priesting, men did the magic. And the women were savage enough to make the orcs go "wtf is this shit"

thank you feminist.

Nothing to do with feminists, it was just blizzard toning down shit in wow to make it easier for them and in turn fucking up their own shit. First time they'd made an MMO, so shit gets lost.

This is literally what happened, dumbshit.
They turned night elves from wild savages that live in the woods into civilized people that live in pristine cities that are some weird architectural mashup of ancient Greek and Chinese.

Nah that stuff was in WC3, we saw it in the campaigns. It was just that they fucked up the way it worked a bunch. They had port towns and shit that weren't as deep in the forests and all that civilization stuff. It's just that they didn't let anyone get near it since the war of the ancients and fucked up anyone who came near the woods their cities were in, also they had a bond with nature and shit.