Fallout: New BugFix

So, the last Win10 update a few days ago completely busted Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, and now people can't get past the save selection screen before getting a CTD.

People have been saying they have luck by rolling back their nVidia drivers, but what do us folks on team Red do about installing legacy drivers? I can't find them anywhere.

Also general Win10 vidya rage. I'm going to go look what else is broken... Hopefully not Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate or anything I have on GoG.

>still having windows 10

>playing old shitty games

Who are you even trying to impress?

>he fell for the win10 meme

>win10

Nobody? I find D2 super nice, there's no feeling like hitting the Blood Moor again and hearing that music.

Plus I've never really played Fallout: NV properly and this happened after I was 25 hours in, so I'm pretty annoyed.

And to everyone else; yeah, I know. Can't believe I left behind Win7 Ultimate for this 'upgrade'.

That game looks like shit. How do people play these games in 2016 without getting bored? Just by looking at that picture I am getting sleepy.

I thought the same thing about Fallout 3 several years ago, and the only thing I could pinpoint was the graphics. Turns out it's almost nothing to do with the aesthetic, and I just don't like it.

Plus, NV has plenty of mods, so you can at least clean up the graphics enough to make them a non-entity. Not pretty, just doing their job. Gameplay is still decent enough anyway, so it's not all about the picture.

So nobody has anything they can tell me about AMD legacy drivers? I have an R9 280X if that matters at all.

>Cred Forums is NOT your personal tech support team.

I mean yeah, thanks, I'll give them a go but I've never gotten any help there before now. At least this is loosely vidya related.

Fuck and here I thought it was just a problem I had.

Welp time to go back to windows 8

Nah luckily (?) not, the threads on Steam were just starting to warm up today but there's hundreds of people all having the exact same issue.

I wonder if Skyrim is broken? And/or Oblivion?

Any fixes to this shit?

Had to resort to playing fallout 4

There probably will be soon. Just hold fast until then.

The only fix that's cropped up so far is for nVidia graphics card owners. You can install older 368.xx version drivers which seems to fix it.

If you're like me though, and have an AMD card, you're a bit fucked.

Aint got nvidia

Fuck.
Guess i'll play Overwatch then.

>last Win10 update
The what now?

>install W10
>play old games

>not side loading Windows 10 for exclusives and using windows 7 as your main OS

>Fallout
>W10
You can only do so many things incorrectly.

Just remove the updates fags

>AMD

>So, the last Win10 update a few days ago completely busted Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, and now people can't get past the save selection screen before getting a CTD.

Hey I actually get to say this unironically for once.

Works for me.

That is what happens when you're retarded and use a regular consumer version of Windows 10.

Now reformat and use LTSB so you only get sparse security updates once a month and none of the endless fluff changes that cause this shit.

Did the update today fix New Vegas and 3? I really want to play those instead of 4.

Win10 user here, and it's working fine for me.
Maybe because i use Nvidia, but i didn't need to install any older driver, it just works like before.

>WIN 10

Im so sorry OP

>Windows 10