Battle Stadium D.O.N

What does Cred Forums think about this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Yc2VXWceRg
youtube.com/watch?v=VX_QGTdipB4
youtube.com/watch?v=D1-bgLTtjA4
youtube.com/watch?v=gmbjqe9g7g0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no code geass characters

DROPPED

fun for what it is, wish it had a more complex system and no pachinko

>no bleach characters

DROPPED

What's the "Big 3" of anime right now, and would it make a good fighting game?

The Big 3 was a western thing because Naruto POWERGAP- Bleach and One Piece(in that order) were the most influential anime from 2000-2010.

There is no other big 3 because no new anime will ever be as influential in the west.

Nobody liked one piece, it was a joke because of the awful dub.

>Naruto characters
DROPPED

Eh, One piece is still running and for some odd reason My hero academia is getting push.

Well, now that Naruto and Bleach are finished, I guess its One Piece, My Hero Academia, and maybe Attack on Titan? JoJo is experiencing a renaissance of sorts in the last few years. I hear far more people talk about JoJo than I do My Hero Academia (and I'm talking about irl, I hear people talk about JoJo in the halls at my college at least once a week).

Set the groundwork for Jump Superstars and its sequel.

because naruto is done and shonenshitters need something new to meme about because One Piece is "too kiddy" for them

One Piece has forever been a good manga and the anime has always been awful

Yeah and? One Piece still can't compare to Naruto. Maybe it reaches Bleach's level nowadays because Bleach anime ended like 4 years ago but that's it.

Hero Academia is not popular at all, only people that know about anime heard about it. Meanwhile those 3 made people GET INTO anime and every kid knows what Naruto is, big difference.

My Hero Academia can't even beat Haikyuu a volley manga.

If it weren't for Togashi's health problems, Hunter x Hunter could be one of the big names. Granted, it's popular, but it could be much bigger. And NONE of the games got localized.

One Piece manga has been trash since the time-skip, 4 years ago.

So YOU CAN TRYYYY AGAIN

Unless they don't add Ichigo this isn't a bad thing.

>One Piece still can't compare to Naruto

>decided to watch kuroko no basuke on a friend's recommendation
>its a better action shonen than actual action shonen

should be one of the big three desu

>One Piece manga has been trash since the time-skip

10 bucks says water 7/enies lobby is your favorite arc and you're about to launch into a diatribe about why HxH is better

?

Are you seriously trying to say that One Piece compares to Naruto all over the world? Even Oda said it can't beat it.

And kids fucking hate One Piece

Eyeshield does everything better

>kids hate one piece

no, people who were your age hate the 4kids dub of one piece because it's the only exposure they ever had to it, aside from maybe that Powerstone clone on the Gamecube/PS2

One Piece is stupid popular on a global scale and if you think it's all adults you're foolish.

That's Oda being modest, you dope. One Piece is practically a fucking subculture if not a full culture entirely in Japan. Naruto got America(keyword, Europe got more of the games), but One Piece is catching up after 4Kids lost the license.

>hate basketball and football
>only sport I really like is soccer
>fucking hate the inazuma eleven anime and can't think of another soccer anime

Its prince of tennis again for me I guess

DON was fun. Didn't have Gamecube but I did have PS2 and a Multitap, so we'd play DON and Digimon Rumble Arena 2 all day. Wasn't fond of the collect points based gameplay, but it wasn't that awkward to play with. There was a HP-based mode but that required some ticket that you could only earn from single player.

>no, people who were your age hate the 4kids dub of one piece because it's the only exposure they ever had to it

Man, Toei were dumbasses were ever letting 4kids do One Piece. I bet Toei thought 4kids would make One Piece explode in popularity like they did for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. All 4kids did was damage One Piece's reputation in America greatly.

why is the logo such shit quality while the characters are in good quality?

I really wanted to play it years ago. My interest died down though.

It's still never recovered from that damage

It doesn't help that the Funimation dub is decent but forever tainted by Colleen Clinkenbeard

Gen 6 was that awkward moment where things were still low-res but in some areas you had high-res elements. It's really the borderline between the past and present.

>It doesn't help that the Funimation dub is decent but forever tainted by Colleen Clinkenbeard

But she does a great job as Luffy.

We have extremely different definitions of great

I think the great SH dub voices are Sanji and Robin

Most of them are ok

Luffy and Chopper are awful, the lady who voiced Luffy in the 4kids dub is unironically better in every way, she even said the stupid censored attack names with more conviction

youtube.com/watch?v=5Yc2VXWceRg

>Ace to Trace

Man, 4kids was the king of pointless changes.

Trace is second only to Edward Newgate becoming Ward Newgate because ???

"White Smoke" Chaser is a better name than "White Chase" Smoker

>soccer
Kill yourself

Also
>He hasn't watched Giant Killing
youtube.com/watch?v=VX_QGTdipB4

There's a billion sports anime/manga. If you want a less serious but not pants on heads retarded there's also
youtube.com/watch?v=D1-bgLTtjA4

And i'm going to assume you already watched Captain Tsubasa as a kid because that's the only reason why football is even a thing in Japan

Also if you're into Tennis, check Baby Steps because it's fucking amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=gmbjqe9g7g0

The manga is better but the anime is really good too. Along with Giant Killing is probably the best sports manga in the last years

>the anime was awful

Wrong. Save for most of the filler, the anime was great until the end of W7, and nowadays it's good only for fights and sad moments. Oh, and Rebecca's Rebbecas.

>>soccer
>Kill yourself

soccer is literally the most important sport in the world, mate

Opinions. I hated it since day 1, the flat coloring and budget animation was annoying and I didn't like the seiyuu

The 4Kids dub was the final nail in the coffin. I've seen some of the Funi attempt and it's better but it's still not good

After years of playing GNT4, I imported this last year, It is not fun, Both this and Bleach GC were major anime fighting disappointments

Bleach Versus Crusade, now that is a game every bleach fan should play, even if it does have a weak roster

The only good Bleach game is Dark Souls on the DS

Not true, Blades of Fate is obviously a close 2nd, but Versus Crusade hits that 3D bleach sweet spot like Tenkaichi did for DBZ and Storm does for Naruto

fuckin loved it, cant wait for extra game

>health problems
The lazy fuck use that excuse to play Dragon Quest all day and do nothing.

I actually didn't know Blades of Fate existed, thanks for that rec

Soccer doesn't exist. It's called Football

Was a joke mostly, its the same thing as Dark Souls, its just came out first, it has a smaller roster since its the prequel but iirc Byakuya's Shumpo in that one had no delay

As shit as Bleach became I'd love if Treasure randomly decided to throw out another one of those fighters. Probably the best ones on DS desu

He was in a car accident around CA, hence all the hiatuses. He had some similar problems with YYH near the end. Plus, Naoko has some god-tier pussy. I'd take all the time off for her, too.

I agree, I liked the Legacy of Goku series, and two Naruto RPGs, but I couldn't even bring myself to try Bleach 3 or 4 for the DS, why they made RPG's i will never know.

>the lady who voiced Luffy in the 4kids dub is unironically better in every way

Shit taste detected.

>kid
"Man these 3 series are awesome"
>adult
"Man these 3 series turned to shit"

One Piece only got better though

It has a single misstep, being Fishman Island, and after that it's resumed being good

>Sports anime

Even worst then Ecchi anime.

Better than Playstation All-Stars

>no
YES. Kids think Luffy is dumb and that One Piece is not cool at all.

Go ask any kid if they prefer Naruto or One Piece.

>One Piece is stupid popular on a global scale and if you think it's all adults you're foolish.

It still doesn't hold a candle to Naruto.

>
>That's Oda being modest
No he wasn't, he said that despite the fact that he can beat Naruto in Japan he doesn't come close overseas, which is why he likes having Kishimoto as a rival.

Kishi said the same thing, that despite the worldwide success he can't beat Oda in Japan, which is why he works hard to surpass him.

>One Piece is practically a fucking subculture if not a full culture entirely in Japan
You said everything right there. JAPAN

> Naruto got America(keyword, Europe got more of the games), but One Piece is catching up after 4Kids lost the license.

Not at all , read what I first said.

Naruto Has all of America(North, Central and South), along with Europe. One Piece has Japan and while it's still more popular than your run of the mill anime it doesn't come close to Naruto that's basically DB levels of popular nowadays.

In America alone it can't even match Bleach that has sold millions and millions of DVDs and hell in the US it literally saved Toonami getting top ratings and preventing the block from dying.

>One Piece
>Good

I still wanna the appeal. Is it the "SCREAMING!!!!!!" or the shitty humor? At least Naruto had some decent fight scenes. One Piece is just pure fucking cancer.

Nah, it's been trash since the TS. You're just a fanboy.

The warcraft 3 custom map one is better

the only true trash arc is the current one
biscuit biscuit fruit

really nothing.

If we're talking just about the west I guess id have to say Attack on Titan despite the western hype dying down since season 2 has taken 4 years, One Punch man. and...uh... hero acadamia?

Cracker is hilarious though

The worst part of this arc is that Jimbe is a significant character again and he might be dead

Anime was a mistake.

>he might be dead
He's fine. Big Mom's cronies are slandering him for winning the roulette.

The new big three with normies is one punch man, attack on titan, and naruto as the show is still going.

we all know Togashi digs shota

>>Naruto Has all of America(North, Central and South), along with Europe.

One Piece actually beats Naruto in France. And France is biggest place for manga in Europe.

HAHAHA. One Piece is trash man, it's basically "What if Saint Seiya ran for 20 years", because at least SS lasted 5 and it didn't become stale on it's own formula.

-Reach a new island, there's something wrong
-Crew separates, we learn some sad flashbacks from someone
-Zoro gets lost and Sanji acts like a clown
-Zoro fighs the 2nd strongest, Sanji the 3rd, Luffy gets his ass kicked by the boss
-Zoro and Sanji win, crew reunites with Luffy, Luffy SCREAMS POWERUP out his ass(that he had always trained before, except we never see him training) and beats the bad guy
-Party, they eat and drink

Rinse and repeat

Not a single post TS arc fits this description

The closest would be Punk Hazard maybe but even then that was radically different than what you described

Only now that Naruto ended, Naruto was more popular before.

And manga market outside of Japan is irrelevant because Anime makes so much money with merch, ads and games it's not even funny.

There's a reason Oda and Kishimoto said Naruto is more popular, why would they lie?.

What happened to Toriko? I never read or watched it but it was popular for a while.

>At least Naruto had some decent fight scenes
Blame Toei, they are just lazy as fuck.

Toriko was never popular, it was just Shounen Jump trying really hard to push it all because the author was friends with Oda. You could tell they desperatly wanted it to be the next DBZ/OP, that's why it was everywhere at the time.

Still it was a fun series. The anime was fucking shit though.

Please tell me the horribly low number of frames in that is just from compressing the filesize

>anime
>having decent frames at all
It was converted from a gif.

Toriko manga was really good, it still is fun but it had a rough after the TS.

Still, i'm saying it's good if you like battle manga.

>Toriko was never popular
Now that's a big fat lie, it was making billions with the anime(you can look it up) and the manga has 20+ million copies in sale.

It declined in 2013 or so but that's about it. It still sells 200+k copies which is more than 90% of manga in Japan.

>making billions
>got canceled
I guess the One Piece anime is making trillions huh?

One Piece anime makes 15 billions more or less. Toriko was making 3.

Dragon Ball Super is making 30.

Why don't you stop being retarded and look for data instead of trying to antagonize me for no reason?

the fighting game or the wc3 custom map?

that episode sucks. last good naruto was forest of death.

The handholding is pretty gay

>using the literal final fight of the manga as an example

Naruto had good coreographies, but you'd be wrong to think that they would butcher the final fights, so your example doesn't apply. Cue in MY PAIN IS GREATER THAN YOURS.

>hating sport anime
Look at this fat fuck and laugh.

Isnt the big three like a strictly Shonen concept?.

Instead of attack on titan it should be like Hero Academy or any of that other shit.

MY PAIN WAS GREATER THAN YOURS has more animation than the entirety of the One Piece anime, it just looks really bad.

Still, here you have more. Not from the final fight.

If you liked this then Slam Dunk will be even better. More in tuned with basketball, and getting into sports entirely.

Post YFW they will NEVER EVER release a game like Jump Superstars again

>This anime will always be a poor's man slam dunk.

Now is not that is bad, but it really pissed me off that the superior basket anime is being forgotten.

HEAVEN OR HELL

LET'S ROCK

Man Victory Vs was fucking trash. What a shit game.

I hope the next one is better and it has a better cast
Forgotten by who? Slam Dunk is still one of the most popular manga ever

But a lot of those are not from Shonen Jump you retard

Are you talking about billion of yens?.

It cant be dollars. Thats fucking impossible.

>Saitama
>Moon
>Ranma
>RoD MC
Not Jump.

>Saitama
Young Jump (WSJ in the west)
>Read or Die
Ultra Jump
>Sailor Moon and Ranma
Guest stars, like Ryu or Cloud

What do you think would be better choices, then?

I never understood this "big 3 crap".
Like in america it lasted up until bleach turned to shit.

Do people use it just about shonen jump mangas?. In Japan there are other more popular animes you know.

>no Fullmetal Achemist characters
Shit list desu

We're not saying they're bad choices, just that they aren't Shonen Jump series. Yes, there's a difference. And honestly, that list is just random as hell.

This is Jump.

Even if it was USD that's still fucking impossable for a show that looked worsed than One Piece anime and was canceled.

I once made my friend cry because i used Piccolo's Super that mostly hits everyone in the stage but it only hit his character

Bleach was always popular in america, even after the anime ended in Japan it kept airing in Toonami and it was the only reason the block got top ratings for years.

You need to stop thinking that the general public is some cancerous place like Cred Forums or MAL.

The Big 3 refers exclusively to Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach due to their massive popularity internationally
It doesn't refer to the top 3 most popular anime at any given time or any shit like that

You could've added Ring ni Kakero characters instead of some, considering Ring ni Kakero is the only reason JUMP and battle shonen exists.

Fine. Any other suggestions?

Don't limit yourself to just a few characters. Build off of what Jump Ultra Stars made. If that game could have 70+ playables, so can your list.

>forgetting the only person that could beat Madara Uchiha

I imagine it being like Smash Bros, and I doubt they can do 70+ of that.

Besides, limited characters means you can't just add in random characters willy nilly.

Take out your 5 OP characters. Max of 3 per series.

And you can't put Ryuji without Jun, nips cum in their pants for Jun. He's THE rival

No one's talking about the actual game, so here's my thoughts.

-Shit roster of only the main heroes, with the except of Dragon Ball's roster. There are six Naruto characters, six One Piece characters, but eight Dragon Ball characters. Naruto's is Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Lee, and Gaara. One Piece is the Straw Hat Pirates minus Robin (this was before Franky even joined). Dragon Ball is Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Cell Saga Gohan, Freeza, Cell, and Majin Boo. Absolutely no one else from the other two series'. No villains from their sides.

-Unlocking characters is up by fucking chance after completing a challenge. You have ZERO control over who you unlock. Have fun with that shit.

-As expected, DB characters are overpowered because they can spam energy blasts, including ones that fill the whole screen.

If you want a better Jump game, get Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS.

>including ones that fill the whole screen

I remember playing this back then and shtting on my friends with Luffy's special that punches the whole fucking stage.

Unlocking characters was afwul.

Take Sanji and Akainu out.
Take Piccolo out
Take Prince of Tennis out
Take Light out
Take Jotaro out
Take Madara or Kakashi out
Take Chitoge out
Take Souma out

Add Kuwabara
Add Kuga
Add Raoh