Is Orphan of Kosm the hardest boss in any soulsborne game?

Is Orphan of Kosm the hardest boss in any soulsborne game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-YTP-Vklak
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
youtube.com/watch?v=i9VuwAWXy1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, Kos.

Or some say Kosm.

No, Laurence is already the hardest boss in his own game
Tied between Laurence and Biggie Smalls for me

Beat this boss on my first attempt in NG+ at level 98, he's not that hard

>Cleric Beast with AoEs

I'll never understand the issue people have with Laurence.

I don't get how people get so frustrated with Father Gascogine. He's more of a parry bait than fucking Gundyr.

Horse face's first stage is harder

Laurencejust wrecks your shit during his second phase if you position yourself wrong for a single second. He shits out tons of unpunishable damage without taking a single break once his legs come off.

Not sure... the nameless king I feel was the hardest for me. Though I haven't beaten orphan yet.

I thought the same. Not one boss in the entire game had me have to come back another day to continue trying like Laurence did. OoK only took me 2 tries and was very easy

>OoK only took me 2 tries and was very easy

You're cool.

>Horse face's first stage is harder
The second stage is alot harder for me.

You had Defiled Amy in the same game.

Hardest don't mean best anyhow.

Nah just go to /bbg/ and get 2 to summon. Ezpz

The entire fight was just making you play aggressive against an aggressive opponent, all you needed to do was time dodges.

I didn't mean to seem like a Chad there, I simply thought it was a simple fight

>Defiled Amy
But that boss isn't hard, it just demands that you have autistic levels of patience, or the right build.

And that's not hard?

IWBTG is essentially a mediocre platformer that demands autistic levels of patience and is still touted as hard.

>people having trouble with father gascoigne when it's so easy to stunlock him with any weapon
>then once he turns into a beast just cheese him with the music box and 3 molotovs

laurence was the hardest.

Because I did him on NG+ and the first phase lasted long enough to the point where I saw him do new moves that involve him flopping over.

That one leaping move he does where he launches horizontally probably catches alot of people offguard.

Yes.

>Amy ever a problem
all you needed was above 2 arcane lmao

>Drake and Josh
>hard beyond the first playthrough

You wanna talk about 2v1 bosses?
Let's talk about the fucking Maneaters

IWBTG isn't just patience, it's immense trial and error where you die for reasons you couldn't possibly foresee.

Defiled Amy just requires you to be patient and bait like two different attacks, hit once, then back away again.

So the DLC is worth the $20?
I'm always against buying DLC but Cred Forums has hyped it up to be even better than the main game

I never understood this character.
I even read that leddit essay and still don't know what he was on about

>pump damage
>2kat/Dragon Fag Smasher the first babyeater before his butt-buddy shows up
3 hits ez lmao

It's really very good.

There's easy ways to beat Defiled Amy without even getting hit, plus a method to cheese the first 3/4 extremely easily, and the only thing is made difficult in the first place due to stupid Chalice Dungeon limits (like halving your health). Drake and Josh are still probably my most difficult, though they're a pretty close tie with Ludwig.

Laurence is the hardest boss in the entire series tbqh

I maybe wouldn't go that far, but yeah, the DLC's fucking excellent. Sell your vanilla copy and just get the GotY edition if you're ardently against buying digital content on a console (Which is fair enough).

I never thought the Orphan of Kos was hard, it just startled me the first time he turned into sperg rage mode and I had trouble getting away from him. Once you know what's coming it's significantly easier, but I guess that counts for everything.

to this day I can never beat ludwig's first phase solo consistently. he's such a motherfucker. took me almost three weeks of attempts to beat the first time.

Rom was also horrible to learn how to fight, but I'm consistent at him now at least.

No but he is a tough motherfucker

I always get trapped in Ludwig's hitbox when he does his drop attacks and get BTFO'd.

>rom
>him

lmao it's like you have never even played the game

i got him down to 10% first try and died to a really dumb mistake, and ever since i have yet to get him down to half after like 10 more tries. i don't understand that sometimes

I hope you're not implying Maria is any harder because she's the easiest boss from the DLC

oh wow it's been that long since I played the main game. whoops. all I do now is coop maria and orphan, forgot some of the details of the main game.

it's funny because I used to correct people on that as well. how time flies.

rom is never stated to be a female in the games
we know it's a she because miyazaki said so in an interview

Theres always this dude

This. Laurence was harder.

maria isn't that hard but let's not pretend she's easier than the living failures.

What exactly did he mean by this?

>Maria
>easier than Living Failures
Put on a Beast Blood Pellet and you'll never have to deal with more than 2

because he is the

first.
fucking.
boss.

I can't stand you "I don't/I'll never understand why thing is hard" fags.

I just went looking, too trying to find where the game confirms the pronoun, couldn't find it. so that's why. huh.

some people are retarded and call kosm "kos"
kinda like how americans say color instead of colour

>1-shot Orphan
>1-shot Laurence
>spent 2 hours fighting Ludwig

I guess I got the horse to thank for being prepared for the rest. Good thing that theme is so fucking good.

What was the point of putting the Cleric Beast so early?
I does nothing but serve to frustrate people who found her first and think she's the first boss and someone you need to kill.

>Orphan
>Laurence
>Defiled Amy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Pretty easy boss though. Easier than ol' Gascan.

that is fake, right?
never used the loran chalice so I have no fucking idea

also because she giggles every now and then.

The meteor move is more dangerous than anything Maria does

>Let's talk about the fucking Maneaters
Literally just stand next to the fire at the center and only one comes at you at a time on top of having half their attacks just hit the thing.

The meteors are hilariously inaccurate
If you get hit by one you're a literal retard

Funny way of spelling Blood Starved Beast.

I disagree. I think she is one of the harder fights if you are playing for the first time and you encounter her at level 1 with probably like 10-15 blood vials and no upgrades.
You wouldn't know how to parry or about limb based damage at that point either, since nothing tells you about it and nothing before her has it.

Like in every other Soulsborne game ever, it depends on your build, level, and playstyle. Orphan is a pain at low-levels because he's quick to punish mistakes and will often combo you if you fuck up. If you have enough health to survive his attacks he's not that bad.

I think the most difficult boss in the series I've fought is Pthumerian Descendant at BL4. Almost any mistake is death and he's absolutely relentless. BL4 Loran Darkbeast is a close second.

Kek yeah its dangerous but its piss easy to avoid since all you have to do is hide behind the giant flower

I got my ass kicked by bsb until I spammed shotgun rounds like a school shooter. 2EZ

The Cleric Beast isn't exactly right at the start, you don't exactly stumble your way all the way through the sewers and such.

You sure it's a she?

Everyone is a she until proven otherwise.
She was the first thing I found, and I would estimate the first thing I estimate about 40% of other players found.

>can summon gascoigne for the cleric beast
>can't summon the cleric beast for gascoigne

i think it's obvious who the first boss is supposed to be here.

The first thing? The thing you have to go through the village square, several big lugs, at least either the bridge werewolves or sewer ambush to find, and it was the first thing you found?

If by first boss, then yeah, because it's meant to be. Window dude directs you there.

It is quite real user. Take the journey. Discover it for yourself.

It's a root chalice, randomly generated one.

Great idea in theory, in practice you just use a glyph so you can grind and be done with the empty areas.

vacuous is something that men are rarely defined as

I have a much harder time with Rom, mostly because Rom is far more random than Orphan. Rom sometimes just spins several times in a row and just makes it impossible to get anything done and the spiders are annoying.

Every single human boss in the game is laughably easy because you can just parry them to death.

Yes but her non-Chalice form is in such a wide arena with such low damage and unaggressive minions that after the Shadows of Yharnam you should be able to steamroll her.

It should have been easier but I have no idea why she wasn't. I just went retarded and couldn't do it right, think I was just too aggressive. When I slowed down and took my time it wasn't as bad.

You're in the know, right?

Cursed Firedog was the worst for me. His charge ha a hitbox the size of half the room and it is a guaranteed one shot. The rest of his moves are two shots that he combos. Fuck him.

All of his moves have obvious tells and his bites are one of the easiest moves in the game to bait. Just bait out the bites and bop him on the nose. If that's too hard just backpeddle until he vomits lava and you have a huge opening to do completely consequence-free damage.
Literally all you have to do is be patient and he's super easy to kill.

POST MORE MARIA

I never got the OnS hype, you can just run around and lure one of them and kill within 20 hits, and they don't do much damage anyway

Most people who played Dark Souls didn't come off of Demon's, so they didn't know to just pump damage and health 2win.

But she's easier than Gascoigne. Almost beat her on my first attempt, got greedy when she was almost dead and died when she had a millimeter of HP left. Then I just beat her on 2nd try. Gascoigne took me like, 5 or 6 tries to beat and that's after leveling up a bit.

Orenstein's second stage can be hard if you play >20 VIT builds because most of his attacks can one-shot you and the but slam decimates your health.

She has a stronger moveset but telegraphs a shitload more and so is easier to avoid. Gascan in his second form is much more unpredictable.

Not even exaggerating I beat him on my first try in NG+ (never fought him in the vanilla playthrough).

Is he easier on NG+? Serious question

Also, just to pre-emptively counter the "stop trying to show off" posts:

Amelia
Laurence

All rekt my shit first time

>dying to Amelia
amelilel

>Hunters are killers, nothing less! You call ME a beast? A Beast!?

Even if you sparingly use parries Maria is still the easiest. Living Failures are harder than her.

Easily goes Laurence >= Orphan > Ludwig > Living Failures > Maria

Honestly BBis my favorite game ever, finished it like 10 times just for fun, but I just can't get fucked to try and beat some bosses without summoning.

Like some bosses are just a chore I dont know I must be a pleb.

no
youtube.com/watch?v=x-YTP-Vklak

I wreck her now, it's just when I frst played her.

It's the shift of going from Souls to Bloodborne. I tried to fight her like a Souls boss (play it calm and steady whilst waiting for openings) whereas the most effective strategy is just rushing her and pushing her shit in.

>ng+7

yeah, in no way in that time did he learn the total ins and outs of the game and how to master it

hes up there, but i'd say the hardest are
>ng+7 ivory king knightless CoC
>ng+7 lud & zallen CoC
>ng+7 sir alonne flawless CoC
>ng+7 laurence
>FRC depth 5 undead giant ball n chain

How Ubisoft.

>viscerals
Visceral attacks scale off of skill, he could have just skl gouged.

shit wrong thread, here have a bloodborne webm instead

He is definitely the hardest out of the entire collective series.

It only took me 2 attempts to get orphan down, and I almost pulled it off in the first fight, just ate too much damage early and ran out of healing items learning his shit.

Laurence on the other hand is pure bullshit, and not in a well designed way, you can either do him effortlessly with 0 damage taken, or you can just die 5 straight times walking into the room

Is this a souls clone or something? is it already out?

also pretty funny substitute for dark sign

not an exact clone no. It uses souls as a template and improves on it in terms of combat :vyoutube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c

Pretty sure its some autist that spams the same webms into every thread about souls games. And no its not out.

wtf how? he is literally just cleric beast with some easy to dodge aoe attacks. his second form is a joke.

>his second form is a joke.
He does have that Jasper Batt Jr Neverending Combo.

Same, I kept on running into his sword slams.

Can you make him fall to his death?

More Bloodborne WebMs!

That's how I feel about the entire game.

I thought so

what the shit

anyone who uses the term soulsborne unironically should be euthanized

>Kosm
?

He was trying to say Cosmos and kept fucking up.

The hardest boss in the series for me is probably Fume Knight or the multiple tiger fight from DS2. Orphan gave me a lot of trouble though, hardest non-chalice boss in the game for me.

Fume knight took me 13 hours of fighting.

>The hardest boss in the series for me is probably Fume Knight or the multiple tiger fight from DS2.
i never understood this meme
i killed fume knight second try and the tigers first try
the DLC bosses in DS2 were a joke
the base game was harder

All the base game bosses ate shit, the DLC bosses were total 2-shotting damage sponges.

Was it worth it

I'd say it really fucking Is

Try fighting him on ng+

did you level ADP at all

It was worth it to say fuck you when I was done and to get all the DLC stuff.

ADP I think was at like 20 or 25 I don'the remember it's been years

>someone posts one boss, any boss from any game in the series, mentioning that it was difficult for him
>someone else replies lol wtf beat him first/second try it's ez
>this happens in every single souls thread since time immemorial
what a fucking terrible community

>has trouble coping with the metagame of community showboating
gg ez

git gud

my dick is harder

For me, yes. Laurence was never a problem for me and still isn't, but OoK will ruin my day unless I'm using some crazy stupid shit like whirlgig saw. The only thing that compares are those 2 fucking stupid cats in the frozen outskirts.

I died to ludwig at least 40 times in a row before even getting to phase 2

phase 2 is a lot easier than phase 1 anyway

lol

I'd kill for being able to fight the DaS3 bosses in the way that we faced Champ, imagine an untended graves version of Abyss Watchers or Dancer, or a 3 phase NK where his weapon, imbued with the power of his beast, absorbs NK himself and turns into a half-deity/half beast monstrosity

???
all you need to do is dodge behind him
phase 2 is only hard if you dodge away from him

I'm giggling like a schoolgirl because now I imagine the cleric beast with a hunter hat and the threaded cane

I think I might have autism

Agree with this completely. Had to use a summon to defeat him. Kos was challenging too but at least his fight was fun.

Kos was fun challenging since you had two feet between him and the lamp. Laurence you had to wait for doors and boulders. It was frustrating.

At least they got rid of the Cthulhu "Just parry my shit 10 fucking times in a row, senpai" Face.

Cleaver is the best backstab weapon in the game, right?

no, it's a strength weapon. dex will give you way more powerful viscerals. spear is way better than cleaver (not just for viscerals but also overall moveset) but I just happened to be going cleaver that playthrough.

No I meant getting the backstab stagger in, trying to do it with the LHB was a nightmare for me considering it just pokes forward.

well it's solid af, can't complain as you can see

to me spear is the game's best weapon and it has the same untransformed charged attack as cleaver

>that tiny window to get a backstab in when landing one with the Tentacle Time Summon Fun

Maneaters are over hyped. Flamelurker is harder.

demons souls is overhyped. easily the easiest souls game.

Wtf is that gap in the boss room? I've completed all not root chalices once and I never encountered one.

>wear Flame Ring
>Fucking whip him around like a bitch

I really like Demon's Souls, but hard it ain't.

It's a Root Chalice.

There's a few more rooms that don't show up in the Story Chalices.

>tfw getting gud so hard you don't take any damage in his second form

youtube.com/watch?v=i9VuwAWXy1M

This.

Are you fucking serious, has this been my mistake the whole time?

I literally got him down to 1/4 health at least 8 times before I would die, and trying this I just beat him.

Fuck my life.

RUDE

Rom a cute spidermama.

His entire purpose in the game is to represent what happens to people who seek all the answers to the great kos(m)ic riddle: you go utterly bugfuck fruitloops insane.

but you probably won't see this, 4 hours ago-kun

I nearly lost my sanity fighting that fucker. Any mistakes at all in that battle and it's a guaranteed death. You only have half health and he takes a million hits to die himself. It's so fucking annoying.

He, Laurence and Defiled Watchdog were the hardest bosses in the game.

I died more trying to get her weapons than to her boss fight. Fuck those sharks.

S H A M A N B O N E B L A Nah I'm kidding you can cheese them from Motherbrain ledge at least.

>Lawrence
>hard

guys, what?

nice