Ok Cred Forums, my last PC got a virus that just destroyed it. I still have the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and PC case...

Ok Cred Forums, my last PC got a virus that just destroyed it. I still have the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and PC case. My question is this, can I get the parts for a new PC, excluding those mentioned above, for $400 or less? If so, what parts would you guys recommend? I could really use the help.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/jhbJnn
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103189
youtube.com/watch?v=RrnWFAx5vJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a virus that just destroyed it

>virus that just destroyed it.
You don't deserve to own/operate a PC

Uh why didn't you just replace the hdd or just format it

>my last PC got a virus that just destroyed it.

please don't tell me you got rid of it

>idiots

Trust me, went through a lot of hell to repair it. It's still pretty fucked up. Now shut the hell about it. I just need my question answered you cunts.

>went through a lot of hell to repair it.

running windows defender and restarting your computer isnt going through hell user.

software viruses cannot destroy hardwrae

>went through a lot of hell to repair it

>got a virus
Retards like this still exist?

well

they can, but you're right that consumer ones don't

I'm pretty sure OP thinks a hard drive is the entire computer

did you just like, end up overpaying some guy to tell you some bullshit and consider that a lot of hell? I can't imagine you having done anything else considering

I think the bleach that spilled into the PC case when you were chugging it did the damage, not the virus.

>virus
You don't deserve a PC

>OP

Ok, lets say you somehow did break your HDD

what happened to your motherboard, cpu, gpu and psu?

I like how the budget just happens to be enough for a PS4, user, yet somehow avoids mentioning that. How clever!

You'll need;
>a motherboard
>RAM
>HDD
>CPU
>GPU
If it's for games $400 is not going to cut it I'm afraid. if it's just going to be a PC for uni work or browsing the internet, watching netflix or whatever then sure.

What kind of virus destroys hardware OP? With viruses replacing/wiping the HDD should always get rid of it. I feel like you're baiting us into a "I can't build a PC with $400 I'll just buy a console" post.

If you want me to give you a rough estimate for a low or medium spec machine let me know, but I have a feeling that you're bullshitng.

OP is a fucking retarded bitch, CONFIRMED.

I forgot power supply.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH
Oh wow. Thanks OP, I think we all needed that. Go tell now. I'm sure they could use a laugh too.

>This entire thread

I hope Cred Forums sees this

I spent 6 months trying to restore it. I tried different operating systems. I deleted everything on it. I set it back to factory standard. It still doesn't work right. My HDD and motherboard are fucked.

well a good new motherboard and a 500gb ssd shouldn't set you back nearly 400 so you kinda answered your own question m8

>You'll never be as dumb as OP and live your life in blissful ignorance.
Why live?

What parts do you have left?
In the OP all you mentioned was the case. If your motherboard and HDD is fucked, you should still have your GPU, CPU and PSU.

I remember when my PC got a really bad virus. The guy said the computer just needed lots of rest and he would have to come back to check on it once a day. Sadly after a couple of weeks it didn't pull through which was a shame because I paid him a lot of money for the treatment, but he did his best. He even offered to take it off my hands and dispose of it free of charge.

>500gb SSD
dude what the fuck

if anything get a 2tb HDD and a 120gb SSD if you REALLY want one (you don't need one)

A virus wouldn't do that, it'd be gone once you installed a new operation system. Unless you got some freaky computer aids.

I'm not and I'd appreciate it. My HDD and motherboard are fucked. Don't know about the CPU. I'm sure my GPU is fine though it isn't a very powerful graphics card.

>they dont know about the HCF opcode

How do you know your mobo is fucked?

Also, you should still salvage your cpu and psu (and, if you have it, your gpu)
Theres no way those are fucked by software m8

>tfw you mess with the wrong hackers on the deepweb and they input the sequence to ignite your motherboard

did you did it cremated or was it buried

made me kek

this
I was working as an intern at a computer hardware store a few years ago and this guy built the most retarded machine. Everything was so shit, except for the SSD which he spent around a grand on for no apparent reason. I TRIED TO WARN HIM.
Why didn't he just get a hard drive and a better GPU? I don't get it.

>120gb

Christ, is everyone on Cred Forums this fucking suspicious? This is a genuine question. God damn.

OP did you try rootkit removal sotware?

Just get a new HDD and do a clean instal of windows or whatever
How would you know your motherboard is fucked otherwise?

SSDs get memed to hell and back here

getting a 760?
well you NEED a 120gb SSD, that 760 will be fine for games

I'm advocating not getting an SSD in the first place unless it's the last thing you put in your build

b8

It somehow misplaced the cpu cooler, which fried it. When my computer started smoking that's when I ran the virus scan (plugged HDD into laptop) and found it.

it's just a consoletard, pretend he's not there

>120gb SSD
>he doesn't put the more demanding games on his SSD to completely get rid of microstutters and 80% of the loading times

When it comes to trolls like you waiting for the punchline to ripen, absolutely.

Come on OP, what really happened? Did you cum on your Mobo?

What?

Thats actually physically impossible
Did you hook your mounting screws up to the internet?

I don't have an SSD, and if I had an extra $200 to put in my computer I'd get a 1080ti not a 10 second faster loading screen

Guys, I accidentally installed a virus and it infected my computer case!

What do I do?

>make another "can't get a good computer for under console price" meme thread
>disguise it as a "i fucked up my pc" thread with the most laughable circumstances possible
>this nigger defends it and shouts consoletard

apply bleach and ammonia in equal parts

>the blue LEDs turn red

Jesus Christ, I just want some PC part recommendations for a budget of $400. What the fuck is wrong with this entire fucking board.

$400 is not a PC budget

come back with twice that and we'll talk about a cheap PC

Please tell me you don't normally have it sitting in that position.

>thinking you're entitled to an answer
If you aren't smart enough to get your hand held through malware removal then you aren't smart enough to build a computer.

I probably only need an HDD and motherboard. Probably.

not everyone on the planet is an incredibly insecure console gamer, difficult as that is to believe

But what did you lose?
Just goto PC Part Picker and replace whatever you need as best you can

Also, how the fuck did you lose anything you dolt?

The pictures flipped.

>Motherboard ($150)
>RAM ($80)
>PSU ($100)
>HDD ($70)
>SSD ($85)
>GPU ($300+)
>CPU ($400)
If all you need is a new motherboard and HDD it'll probably set you back $250 max. I'm not really sure how your other parts are holding up, just hope your CPU is fine and that your GPU doesn't want replacing and you should be fine with your budget.

Of course I'm just guessing at prices here, I don't know what country you live in. These are more of less the same as what it costs me around here.

Yeah, it's only for your operating system.
Everything else goes on the HDD. What do you store on your SSD which couldn't be placed on an HDD instead? Hard drives are so much cheaper and the difference in speed isn't all that great anymore.

Not everyone is super rich. I only have a 500GB SSD for my operating system and a bunch of programs, I don't really put any games on there. I have two 4 TB HDDs, one for games and one for anime.

Not even op but I can tell you the picture is sideways

This deserves a (you).

>implying it's impossible for viruses to get outside of the hdd

You're right, I'm an idiot/blind.

>my last PC got a virus that just destroyed it

please post this to

Burn the house down to get rid of it.
Wouldn't wan't it to spread to your tv and stuff.

>SSD on the list
>not everyone is super rich
these two things don't compute

Everything is still there but my HDD and motherboard are fucked. I can see that it was a mistake to mention anything about a virus, but this is a genuine question. So let's say this. I want a new HDD, motherboard, and GPU for $400. What are some recommendations.

Guys how do I beat Goku?

ummmmmmm idiot why dont you shut up you dont even know the kind of shit i deal with every fucking day like when i hack nasa and i gethit with those sick chinese viruses that turn my ram into nests of malwares so shut the h*ck up

The only thing you hack is your mom's facebook bitch.

Here you go, senpai.

pcpartpicker.com/list/jhbJnn

Okay okay okay, so I'm this guy and I just saw this What you need to do, is replace that motherboard and HDD, then sit on that pile of shit playing your games from the early to mid 2000s, while you save enough money to completely rebuild that thing.

I'm saying he could probably grab a cheap 120GB one for booting, but looking at his machine it's probably not worth it. The larger SSDs that you and I have definitely aren't for people with a $400 budget however.

Jesus, this thread didn't turn out anything like I thought

Just PC Part Picker it and sort by reviews
Pick out whatever combo you can afford and the site checks the compatibility for you

I'm listening. I'd also like to know.

Appreciate it.

Because you thought you deserved to have everything spoonfed to you.

that's not why
it's because no one fucking knew what OP was even asking for

What the hell went wrong in your life?

kek

In case you are really asking, the budget won't fit, a decent GPU that can play most recent game easily is already $400+, unless you don't plan on playing games in ultra and high, you could get old GPU for cheap, I still use GTX 760 which I bought around $200 with i5 3330 which is $100 CPU and can still handle witcher 3 108p/60fps on medium high settings. A good mobo is around $100+ but imo just get cheap mobo that is reliable and have the sockets for your GPU and CPU.

HDD is kinda cheap, and you don't actually need a lot, you could spent $90 for a 1tb HDD and around $45 for 500gb. The price is kinda different for each country so just find out the price and pick what you need.

Also pic related, should I buy an aftermarket cooler? What do you guys suggest? Mind you I live in a tropical country

You shouldn't have expected help from neo Cred Forums.

That said, the virus didn't fuck your computer up, you did, if you misplaced the CPU cooler.

But that said, your computer should be shutting off if it gets too hot, actually long, long before it gets too hot.

For a virus, literally all you do is format the drive (sometimes you have to use a program to do it, rather than windows formatting as you install), and that gets rid of it 100%, because that's really how it works.

>$400 or less
Get a console. You're too stupid and too poor for PC gaming.

just get anything >$20

I have a noctua and I'm idling around 10c colder than you are with a massive overclock

>should I buy an aftermarket cooler
Probably yeah, I got newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103189
during a black friday sale just because it looks cool as fuck. I never used stock so I can't really compare the difference between the two, but my room gets hot as fuck and it never has any issues as long as I make sure to dust it every other month.

I was thinking to buy something like pic related, but too afraid it won't fit in my case. Is simple fan worth >$20 is good enough?

I know it sounds like a meme post, but it's possible that the virus took control of the fan speed and melted all his parts or someshit, right?

enter your build on partpicker, it's usually pretty good for catching if stuff won't work

They can kinda do it but to get one you must be one special kind of retard.

Also using some old hardware with unpatched windows XP.

Theyre not a thing since Vista.
What is still a thing are crypto/ransomware, but they dont destroy your computer, just fuck your HDD and boot partition tops.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Yes, another other than the generic stock cooler is usually significantly better. It fitting in your case is a little bit of an issue, just take dimensions and ask at the store. Unless you're buying online? If so, look at the online photos, look up videos and eyeball it.

This thread = pic related.

Stop helping OP, he is a retard and deserves having to ask for help on reddit.

Alright, I'll try it then.

Damn, that looks intimidating, I'll see if it can fit in my case.

Thanks for the info anons, have some cute girl

Who is the best piss ant?

The parts themselves will thermal throttle even if the fans failed. The system will shut down if thermal throttling isn't doing it either.

Do you know how to install coolers?
They're subjectively the most annoying and frustrating thing to install in a PC if you haven't installed one before.

I did an internship at a computer hardware store and each one I had to install for customers were a little different. It's different depending on both the cooler itself and the CPU socket type.

Actually they can

youtube.com/watch?v=RrnWFAx5vJg

But most manufacturers these days do things like backup BIOS or just prevent most software from doing shit like that. Not to mention, virus makers kind of focus more on stealing information or doing ransomware than actually fucking up a computer to render it unusable.

Nah I'm just checking the price online and go to the store, so anything is better than the stock cooler right? At least it opens up a lot of options then, thanks user

Op was testing out some military grade malware.

You need to stop browsing the darkweb user

Well maybe thermal throttling is all it was and OP couldn't figure that out, so he binned his motherboard and hard drive. Maybe it was just so fucking slow he thought it was dead.

Sorry, that "another" was a typo. It should have been "anything". The stock cooler is the bottom of the barrel, just get whatever is cheap and fits and it will be better.

I've seen a video of how to install cooler like that so I think I get the general idea, I'm not too afraid to install hardware stuff but honestly never tried installing a cooler like that.

I also know that I need to know what the holder size is needed for my mobo, and I also fear that I buy the wrong size. Seems like I need to find more info then.

Thanks user, will do

Be a God of Destruction

It looks so much better on here, why does the DP show have fucking lag or whatever, this is so smooth.

So I've tried to make sense of this so far, am I correct in thinking that the op got a virus on his computer, which then caused him to lose control of his own thoughts, remove his cpu cooler and then turn on his computer until it melted? Happens to the best of us OP.

Judging from the parts were probably already failing for some other reason, and it just happened that he got a virus around the time things were getting worse so he blamed it on the virus after a scan of the HDD.

He may not even have a virus, it could easily be a false positive from some cracked game

>that destroyed it
This doesn't happen.

HALT AND CATCH FIRE MOTHERFUCKER

give sauce