List JRPGs you actually played from start to finish. I'll go first:

List JRPGs you actually played from start to finish. I'll go first:
>DQIX
>FFIII

FF1, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10, FF13, Persona 3, Persona 4.

It's an abstract kind of fuckery.

I started all those except FF1 and couldn't get through them. You are a better weeb than I.

I actually dislike weebs and anime in general. I typically enjoy Final Fantasy however, since Japanese CUHRAZY shit isn't the focus, but rather pretty good gameplay and some bangin music.

>pretty good gameplay
did we play the same final fantasy?

How do you not lose interest in Persona games? The dungeons are so dull.

It's nothing revolutionary, but it's fun enough. More cozy than exciting.

I'm not gonna make a list of hundreds of JRPGs.

Tbh I thought the same at times, but the story and the goofy characters (homies like Junpei) kept me playing just to see what antics everyone would get into next.

Depends on how much you like fusions and social links.

Persona 3
Persona 4
That's literally it

I also beat Star Ocean 3 and DQ8 but I used a Gameshark to get infinite health

Golden Sun
Golden Sun TLA
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia 2
Baten Kaitos
Paper Mario
Paper Mario TTYD
Pokemon Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Black2

and a bunch of small "indie" rpg maker games when I was younger

Do Tales games count as JRPG? They are action.

I assume this means turn-based.
FF1 on PSX and PSP
FF2 on PSX
FF7, 8, 9, X, X-2, Tactics
Fire Emblem 8
Mother 3
I guess some Pokemon games (FR, SS, Emerald, X).
Super Mario RPG
Mario and Luigi

There are some others but I either definitely or might have turbo'd through them, I don't really recall.

Every numbered FF game and spinoff except FF11
Every Kingdom Hearts
Every Pokemon generation
Every Golden Sun
Every Mario RPG except Sticker Star
Persona 3
The World Ends With You
Nier
Last Remnant
Xenoblade and Xenoblade X
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Story
Fire Emblem 7,8,13
Chrono Trigger
Tales of Symponia and Tales of the Abyss
Radiant Historia
Probably more that I'm forgetting.

Get on my level plebs.

The best ones are FF6, FF7, FF9, Xenoblade, Chrono Trigger, KH2 Final Mix and TWEWY.

Most of these are at least an 8/10 though.

FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 13,-2, Lighting Returns, Mystic Quest and Tactics.
Neptuina, Neptuina mk2, Neptuina V, Neptuina Rebirth 1,Neptuina Rebirth 2, Neptuina Rebirth 3, Neptuina V-II

and I will just stop there

they are JRPGs, just like the Souls games

FF7, FF9, FF10, FF12, FF13, 13-2, LR, FFT, FFTA2, FFLegends 3

Tales of Abyss/Vesperia/Graces/Xillia

Magna Carta 2, Golden Sun 1, Bravery Defualt/Second, Brave Story, BOF 3/4, Valkyrie Profile (the DS one), Suikoden 1/Tierkreis, Crono Cross, Grandia 2, Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Wild Arms 2, Star Ocean 2/3/4

I realize for someone who actually likes the genre, I've beat fuck all. Started playing a bunch but would never finish for whatever reason.

FF3,4,7,9, tactics, tales of symphonia, warsong, der langrisser 2 (eng patched), FE sacred stones.

I dont personally care for FF6, and FF5 every attempt at playing through my save file has gotten corrupted (Ps1) or forgot to continue and back it up after formatting on emulator. Tried 4 or 5 times now.

>tfw lost interest in JRPGs as its mostly fan service with watered down gameplay or snorefest grind simulators with cute girls doing cute things with bland unimaginative areas
>mfw people will defend this crap with "WELL THIS PARTS GOOD" or "THIS LITTLE THING REDEEMS ALL THE OTHER LACKLUSTER QUALITIES" or "HAHA WOW NO ATTENTIONSPAN TO WASTE 30 HOURS INTO THE FUCKING GAME TO GET TO 2 HOURS OF GOOD CONTENT?!"

I'm like, nigga why are your standards so shit. The entire package should be good, the JRPG is mostly dead except for the occasional gem or remake here or there. I'd personally they be forced to make a good game or the genre die off than it be forced along like the shell of a genre it is now.

I'm going to say the OP meant more "traditional" JRPGS, so turn based or stuff that branched off that.

I'm guess Souls would count as a Action JRPG in this case.

Okay so its probably worth mentioning that im likely the oldest user on this board at 68

Ive played most if not every notable JRPG

SMRPG
FF1
FF7
DQ4
Chrono Trigger
Blue Dragon
SMT 3
Metal Saga
Persona 3
Persona 4
SMT 4
Tales of a Drunken Paladin (RPG Maker)
Hyperdimension Neptunia (I wish I hadn't, but I couldn't look away)
Trinity Universe
A bunch of Pokemon Games
Something on the PSVita that I don't remember the name of.

I prefer SRPG's, honestly. I'm a Disgaeafag at heart.

Phantasy Star IV
Wild Arms 3
SMT: Nocturne, Strange Journey
Disgaea 1, 2
Earthbound
Okage: Shadow King

Ones off of the top of my head, I could add quite a bit more.

I'm right there with you my man. Thankfully I still have quite the backlog.

Some of the recent shit has been ok. Xenoblade and the Trails series are pretty much all that has been decent and not complete creepy weeb trash.

Also fuck Persona 3/4, you all started this shit.

Go play Romancing SaGa on the PS2. Absolutely no fucking bullshit, short opening cutscenes and then you just get to do whatever the hell you want for the entire game. Pick Claudia as your first MC.

FFX and nearly every translated Megaten game. Have played dozens of jrpgs but only ever finish the SMT ones

>Also fuck Persona 3/4, you all started this shit.
I like them on their own, but I agree that Persona 3 and 4 started the death of the JRPG in the story sense. They made it okay for a story to be literally nothing as long as enough people wanted to fuck the girls.

Doesn't tell me much user, what's the gameplay like?

I wonder if people would consider completing the PSO story, through every difficulty a "start to finish".

FF 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,10, 10-2. Xenogears, trails in the sky fc,sc, skies of arcadia. Just to name some off the top of my head.

FF VII, X, XIII
Nep RB1, RB2
Ys I
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 3, P4G
Pokemon RBY, SG
Kamidori
The Last Remnant
Cyber Sluts

I don't even like JRPGs that much. My favorite of the list is unironically Kamidori.

FFX
All the pokemon games up to XY bar BW2 since I didn't know it was a thing till gen 5 was over.
Paper Mario TTYD if that counts.
All the handheld final fantasy tactics games.
Dragon Quest Monsters.
Does rocket slime count? What genre is rocket slime anyways?

Grandia
Grandia 2
FF VIII
FF IV
FF X
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana 3

I feel like there are more, but yeah, that is almost nothing.

I haven't beaten a huge number but the last one I did finish is FFXIII, which I enjoyed for the most part. I ended up dropping XIII-2 because of the godawful PC port, which ended up running pretty well after a bunch of updates bit still crashed so often I get tired of refighting bosses. Still put in like 20 hours or so, seemed like a great game besides the weaker cast.

Playing Lightning Returns now, the combat is a nice changeup for sure but the plot doesn't seem to have a lot of hooks yet.
I'm also playing FFVII on the side, pretty easy for the most part but the characters are great and the humor is spot on.

FF3, FF4, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF13
Chronotrigger, Chronocross
Xenogears, Xenosaga 1, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia
Grandia 2, Grandia 3, Grandia Xtreme
SMT4, Persona 4 Golden
Megaman X Command Mission, Skies of Arcadia, Evolution 2
Super Mario Rpg, Paper Mario, Paper Mario TTYD, Paper Mario Sticker Star
Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Golden Sun Dark Dawn
At least one game from every Pokemon generation
Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Lost Odyssey

Those are the ones I can remember. There are also some games like four or five Fire Emblem games that kind of straddle the fence

Final Fantasy games completed:
IV, VI, VII, VIII, X

Final Fantasy games not complete:
I, II, III, V, IX, XII, XIV, Tactics, Tactics Advance

Dragon Quest games completed:
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, Monsters, Monsters 2, Monsters: Joker, Monsters: Joker 2, Swords, Rocket Slime, Heroes

Dragon Quest games not completed:

damn son

I want to hatefuck Adelle.

>Got a hatefuck fetish because of her
Good times.

Ammo collectemup

Are there any other games like it?

FF4, FF6, FF7, FF9, FF10, FF13, FF13-2, FF13-3, Crisis Core, Tales of Xilia, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Trails in the Sky, KH1, Parasites Eve, Bayonetta 1, 2, Fate:Extra, YS seven, Tales of Eternia, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (shit game BTW), Disgaea : Afternoon of Darkness, Vagrant Story

Currently playing P3FES and Cold Steel

I'm currently playing

demon souls
dark souls
dark souls 2
bloodborne
daek souls 3

dank souls is not jrpg though

Probably just the sequel and the prequel. And I don't think the GBA one had the tank thing either.
I don't thing the sequel has a fan translation either.

Why not