So I'm thinking about getting into Baldur's Gate, it seems like a fun game and people talk good about it

So I'm thinking about getting into Baldur's Gate, it seems like a fun game and people talk good about it.
Anything I should know before getting into it?
Also, did you like the game?

bg1 is pretty damn dull compared to bg2 and you can skip it if you want (or play it if you enjoy it)
the bulk of gameplay consists of reading long spell descriptions to find out what counters what
it's still a very good game

The special edition or whatever on Steam lets you play through the game in multiplayer.

I'd highly recommend it if you have a friend who'd be into it.

I had an absolute blast.

Is it worth to play, tho? I kind of want to go through the whole experience

Nah, I don't desu, also my internet is shit

thats up to you, I've only ever got 2/3 through the first bg because I got too bored, i've finished the second multiple times. The first game has generic low-level dungeons and dragons locations and very little characterization

Ugh, i don't know, my autism will probably fuck with me if i start out with the second one

Play both games.

I played the hell out of it way back when. It'll probably be more enjoyable to go in not knowing much at all and just experience it for yourself

I guess this is the final sign, I will

Yeah, I guess so user

I'm intrigued about the multiplayer experience desu, do any of you guys still have the game? I don't really have friends that'd like this kind of game, I don't really have friends fwiw

Sorry m8 I don't. But I remember trying to get multi to work on that game was a huge pain in the ass and unreliable. (Not considering the steam rerelease)

Maybe I'm nostalgic but it was a great single player game

Yeah it's made for singleplayer anyways I guess, dont worry

If you are still here OP, the engine in 2 is better than the engine in 1, so play the game with the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod, and the widescreen mod. Those are the only must have ones, the rest are for second playthroughs

You just missed the gog sale. Baldur's gate 1, 2, and icewind dale enhanced for 5 dollars each. and they all came with the original versions for free

What is the most righteous Paladin kit for do-goodering and the slaying of evil?

I will have it in mind senpai, thank you

Well, fuck.
It's okay tho I've kind of been saving

Inquisitor, though Cavalier is still decent because they can use throwing weapons.

Beamdog

What about undead hunter?

By the way, any tips for when I'm creating the character? Considering I'm new to the DD world in general

Better than Paladin default, but you're specced for mostly vamps and undead. Inquisitor and Cavalier does your job better and is not limited to only couple of enemies. Stylish name though.

14/16 con if not fighter and 16/18 dex, rest not big deal. Try to go 18/51 or higher for STR if fighter. Even if you fuck up stats, you'll be fine if you play smart.