All of the hype aside. Just looking at the base game

All of the hype aside. Just looking at the base game...

Is it fun? is it good? what makes this game so bad? I just don't get it what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8vLJ66Vhc
webm.land/media/321B.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gameplay solely based on being high enough to fully immerse yourself and get goosebumps whenever the music kicks up

>HYPE

Mine to fuel your ship, then mine to fuel your pickaxe, then get on your ship and mine to upgrade your ship to get over an artificial hurdle, then land and mine to fuel your ship and then mine to fuel your pickaxe, then mine to upgrade your ship then mine to fuel your ship then mine to fuel your pickaxe then get on your ship then mine on your ship to fuel your ship to upgrade your ship to get over an artificial hurdle, then land and mine to fuel your sh

Bought it at full price on launch. Put like 6 hours into it, returned it for full price at amazon again. Not worth it, this is someone who spent the first 10-20 hours of games like Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA ect. just exploring. Not worth it at all.

A lot like destiny. The first planet seems awesome. You cant wait to see more. Then you realise its all the same shit.

Although destiny didnt have such game breaking bugs at launch

You can return new games that have been opened to Amazon?

It is just kinda boring.

I mean, it was alright and I got my moneys wroth, but if they don't overhaul the math and add some pretty amazing creatures I'm never playing again.

The core loop of jumping from system to system and upgrading gets old quick so you really have to be on board for the whole seeing different places and creatures things. It just isn't enough. I played for about 50 or 60 hours but I was convinced I had seen all I could and just lost all motivation.

As someone who worked in retailers who would not allow this in college, yeah, i was surprised. I came at the guy hard, expecting a fight on their chat support "It wasn't advertised truthfully and I want a refund" and he was just like "aight bro idc, you got 30 days to return anything for any reason". I don't know if he was new or what, but he did it, full refund.

"Oh no, the colorful bar is getting low, I'd better sit in my ship until it's all better!"

After you increase inventory space its not even an issue, nothing is. Once I had all the right tech I was just wandering around Extreme Weather planets with constant storms like it was nothing.

Really felt shitty that there was no middle ground. You are either struggling to keep the bar up or you get that one piece of tech and it becomes a non issue.

It is really boring. There isn't anything to actually do i it, and you can't freely zen out and explore because you constantly need to be finding certain resources.

It's a game where all there is to do is stop and smell the roses, but there are about a million different pots of roses, and you are rushed past them unceremoniously to get nowhere.

Are you saying you'll die or something and that's why you can;t fully explore?

So when do you think this will be in the bargain bins? quicker than battleborn you think?

Holiday season.

Anyone make a mod yet that allows you to walk as long as you want?

Get a jet pack enhancement and then run+melee+jetpack, takes you anywhere faster than running ever could.

When do you guys stop making these shit threads? People have asked the question a million times now.

>mfw
I didn't buy into the hype and purchase day one edition

EIGHT YEARS
EIGHT

FUCKING

YEARS.

its proteus lol

Not really, it's all grind and samey after a while. The creatures just end up looking like reskins and there is not such thing as a barren planet. The game is super fun for the first like 3-4 hours tho. Maybe wait for more updates and a serious price drop.

you constantly have some form of HEV or life support ticking down

I think it'll hit rock bottom after the holiday season is over. I have a part time retail job and there's this Sony accommodation that gives you 1st party games for 10 bucks. Normally it's a limited amount of them available for that price, but No Man's Sky is unlimited for 10bucks.

They seem to want to push it a little more now.

NEW GAME PLUS

Kinda random question but I was wanting to get we happy few and this. But both are getting shit reception.

Which would be worth buying over the other though?

>Tentacles that vibrate

Why is this a new thing?

Don't get NMS

Its freaking out because its a sea creature that the math spawned on land. For whatever reason that particular planted was full of errors like that.

Any patches on PC to fix the framerate yet at least?

It's fun for like 20 minutes and then you realize you're playing "Minecraft, but in Space and With Less Stuff to do" and it just becomes boring.

It's just boring. Mining, shoot the same 3 enemies, spend a lot of time in load screen disguised as light speed. NPC interactions are shallow and pointless. No real goal.

The most dinosaur like thing I could find was this cow bug thing.

I had already seen the "ending", but holy fuck the last 2 minutes of that video.

did you get that far yourself to see the ending.

The base game would still be sold at 60$ for a glorified early access steam survival game #24568.

Cool wallpaper generator though only when you're in space obviously, everything else is fugly.

Also space engine works better at being a wallpaper simulator, so there is literally nothing of value to be found in NMS.

normies and reddit hate it
you dont... hate it... do you? .....

because there's not much to do. You can't terra-form. You can't make your own base. There's no big ass alien to fight. It's just repetition of fuelling your ship

There are similar games on Steam that are still in early access, but have 10 times the actual content instead of programming a procedural generation code at less then half the price.

Its full of bugs.
Very little planet diversity. No desert planets like in the trailer.
Creatures are very small. No giant worms or rhinos charging at you to eat you.
Very little creature and fauna variety. After your 10th planet, you'll see a very noticeable pattern in how each of the species on these separate planets look.
The game has less of a story than Minecraft, its literally reach this point and start again.
Minecraft has actual multiplayer.
I can file my taxes inbetween loading screens. They try to hide it really badly.
Learning words is pointless as they only offer you a way to understanding NPC merchants. You dont even have to know what they say to buy stuff and they offer nothing to the "story".
It has that annoying Destiny feature where you have to hold down a button to select an item in your menu/inventory.
Averages 20FPS on the PS4 and PC, no matter how good it is.
The game does not function on Intel graphic cards, which 1/5th of all Steam users have in their PC. 1/5 people on Steam cannot play the game if they tried.
You never actually "discover" a planet, as every planet has alien ruins from previous explorers.

Its a really boring game, even for a crafting/surviving/exploring game. The devs begin silent for 1 month just shows that this game was a scam.

yeah fuck this. I am going to play ark and become full autist.

Want to link these games faggot?

Speaking of Early Access games better than No Man's Sky, how is Slime Rancher?

There's not much to it, so it gets pretty repetitive after a few hours. You'd think exploring would be fun, but I found that to be very disappointing for a few reasons.

First of all, the harvestable resources use the same graphical motifs on every planet. You're always gonna find those red and green crystals, the big stone obelisks, and those same plants that give you Zinc and Cobalt and so on, on every single planet (though the plants are absent on barren worlds). Planetary topography does actually vary somewhat from world to world - one extreme example I found was a planet covered in stadium-sized rectangular rock formations, it sort of looked like a fossilized ruined city. But the other things found on the planets are repeated over and over. Even the gravity is identical across all planets, there are no super heavy worlds or moon-like planets where you can leap to great heights.

Then, there's the flight controls. Atmospheric flight holds your hand way too much. It's impossible to crash your ship - pointing the nose down just stops working after a certain point. Flying toward a large mountain or cliff will result in your ship just gently being bumped up over it. You cannot land or take off with any kind of manual control, you just press a button and the game tries to find you a suitable amount of landing space nearby to put you down on (and if it bugs out and can't find any, you just won't land and have to move somewhere else to try again). Atmospheric speed is also very limited, which does kind of make sense, but if today's jets are capable of blasting through our atmosphere at supersonic speeds I feel like my futuristic spacecraft should be able to move much faster than it does in NMS.

-one more thing in next post

And finally, there's the progression. While you can find crashed ships to restore, they are always only slightly better than the one you're piloting. You will never be putting along in a shuttle and happen upon a huge freighter with twice the cargo space. The same thing applies to your suit and weapon, too. You don't find more suits, you just find occasional upgrades to your cargo space (1 slot at a time, of course) and events where you can acquire a new gun will only present you with a slightly better gun. Don't go into NMS expecting to dig up any buried treasure on a planet, because there isn't anyway. It's just minor upgrade after minor upgrade.

While you -do- occasionally get the opportunity to buy a significantly better ship than your own, the amount of money they cost is typically far beyond anything you could've earned at that point in the game and you'd need to go grind excessively in order to afford one.

The one thing No Man's Sky should've had going for it was exploration, but they took specific measures to make the exploration as little fun as possible. There are no surprises or wonders to be found, really. You may as well just never leave your starting planet and continually scour it for more and more upgrades until you max out all your equipment.

And you really can do that. You can progress to the very best ship, gun, max suit space and unlock every blueprint without ever leaving your home world... as long as you do it one baby step at a time.

it's complete shit. Don't bother.

It's cute and could be good but it needs a lot of work, and there isn't much actual content yet. The concept of monster ranching in a 3D environment is good.

Really just makes me want a similar game with more than slimes, though. Something where you go hunt all manner of fantasy creatures and capture them to raise, domesticate and eventually profit from them.

did they update the game at all? like did they add anything new since launch?

>there isn't much actual content yet
There we go. There's actually NO CONTENT besides ranching the same fucking shit to unlock upgrades. There's no challenge, there's no secret shit. There's only grind.
>oh you collect this shit and feed this shit to get this shit
I was expecting more from the slime not just being captivated and shit out money.

k

Meanwhile in multiplayer.

>I just don't get it what happened?

webm.land/media/321B.webm

My first planet was a desert planet that was highly toxic, and I could not for the life of me find one of the last resources required for me to fix my ship. Drones harassed me nonstop, and my inventory was full within 15 minutes of starting the game. If I didn't return to my ship within 7-8 minutes, I would be close to needing life support, so I had to sprint (slowly) back to my ship or die.

I just wanted something I could play while relaxing and letting my mind wander. I just wanted a comfy experience. If anyone knows of a way for me to start over on a new planet, please tell me, otherwise I won't be touching this game for months or even years

never forget

youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

watch this

the answer is that it's trash

>hype

This is the third time this has been linked in the thread now.

oh, hello there matthewmatosis 2.0

it's underrated imo, way over hyped but still better than what the critics and users gave it, I had a lot of fun with it.

If they add content to it, specifically base building, I'd play it a lot

No

Delete your save and start a new one
Or just git gud

You can't put the hype aside. If it weren't for the hype, this game would've had 16-bit graphic and ran in Chrome.

lmao

hahahaha

For this quality, it is magical. People shitting on this game don't know how to get high properly.

Not that guy, but you can get a lot more enjoyment from Space Engineers if you want base-building, ship-building, and planets. (Although playing with planets gets a bit laggy.)

Fans assumed Procedural Generation meant a large amount of varied content. The game is missing a lot of things too.

Even if NMS had every single feature Sean lied about, I don't think it would've made a difference. It'd be a bit deeper and take a bit longer to get boring, but the central problem of just running out of things to do besides hunting for wallpapers would still be there.

Games like this need continued support. The hyped up fantasy version of NMS would still die quickly without it, and the current shitheap could become good if HG isn't lying about doing content updates.

underrated post

it's good, said the nu-male.

>Is it fun?
na
>is it good?
hell na
>what makes this game so bad?
nigger there is no game unless you're referring to the meta where Shawn screws you out of your shekels
>I just don't get it what happened?
hype

man, at least that planet looks pretty okay

>For this quality, it is magical

well, no it isn't..you're not seeing anything special the generation sucks and you could have a 10 times better experience of the same nature with any of a hundred other games

k

what happened?

well, the cult hate of Bieber went outta fashion
then the cult hate of Twilight went outta fashion
and then the normies had to find a new target to meme hate
No Man's Sky ended up being their victim this time round

I knew, and yet I watched. end me