Tell me, shol'va. If the tau'ri are indeed superior, why are there no good Stargate games?

Tell me, shol'va. If the tau'ri are indeed superior, why are there no good Stargate games?

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2016/06/stargate-reboot-will-embrace-elements-of-sg-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cheyenne Mountain Curse

>tfw canceled stargate mmo

Indeed.

why,indeed

Indeed.

You can't make good out of bad.

Stargate is shit.

>so unoriginal you have to steal Trek pasta

get gud OP

also all TV shows are non-canon with the new stargate soft reboot continuing the movie from the 90s

>tfw no good stargate games
make Earth great again

>new stargate soft reboot continuing the movie from the 90s
New movie or new TV series? I'd rather a new movie.

I'm still mad the Stargate FPS for Xbox/PS2/PC got cancelled. That looked like fun

Movie.
Roland Emmerich is back for it.

gateworld.net/news/2016/06/stargate-reboot-will-embrace-elements-of-sg-1/

The shows were in a separate continuity anyway since Abados is in a different galaxy in the film but literally the closest gate to Earth in the series, among other differences from the film and the SG-1 pilot.

>missing the point this bad
If you're rebooting a series, what makes more sense to reboot: The flash-in-the-pan barely-a-blockbuster that made money only on the names of the stars, who are literally who 20 years later, or the TV series that lasted something like fifteen years on the premise and the writing?

cause it sure as fuck wasn't Macguyver's acting that kept it going.

Thanks kind Anons!

If someone were to make a game, drawing from the show would be wiser. Way more content to use. Unless it's a promotional game, then the show is out the window.

>implying the cheesy acting wasn't why the series was so great in the first place

You got me there. But even when they played it straight with the Lost clone, it lasted two seasons. That's gotta be more bankable than 2016 Kurt Russel and James Spader.

Only 2 seasons? That can't be right. The show felt like it was around forever.

SG-1 lasted ten seasons and two movies, Atlantis lasted 5, then Universe, which was a shitty Lost clone that threw out half the setting, lasted two seasons.

Are you talking about Stargate Universe? Because that was a BSG clone, not a lost clone.

Oh. I had no idea there was a third series. Or I forgot on account of it being so unmemorable.

Probably the second.

>Because that was a BSG clone, not a lost clone.

And that's why it failed so hard. BSG type shows rely on the strength of their characters and SGU's were boring and unmemorable.

I was just pointing out the series and the movie were kinda off from each other to start with anyway man.

Also speaking of MacGuyver that got a reboot recently too.

I didn't care for late seasons SG-1. It was fun up until the Or-I or however you spell it. Just the next damn Goa-Uld claiming to be gods.

Thank goodness Atlantis felt like it had new tricks.

I miss Universe. Cancelled as it started getting good into its second season, and we'll never know the end.

What development in Universe made it feel like it was getting good? I'm not mocking you btw, I just am trying to refresh my memory.

Agreed, it died right when all the characters figured their shit out, the crew could start to work together, and they had control of destiny.

They started to develop the setting better, folding it back into what made stargate great, which was aliens and sci fi, not BSG character drama like politics and sex/relationships like the first season.

Different user, and it's been far too long, but I always like SGU. Didn't watch it when it was airing, so maybe the week long waits made for a bad show, but I enjoyed both seasons. Second more than the former, but I didn't hate it as much as others did.

It would make a pretty solid FPS.

Run around with P90's shootin pharaohs in tin-can armor. Gain access to their staff weapons n' shit. Traveling to various planets that all look like backwoods Minnesota.

>Traveling to various planets that all look like backwoods Minnesota.
Non-bugerclapper here: isn't backwoods Minnesota like being on another planet anyway?

Not to someone from Minnesota.

>implying the perfect stargate game wouldn't be a strategy game where you play as one of the System Lords and compete for galactic dominance.
>implying you wouldn't main Ba'al in such a game

It's likes none of you played the stargaze half life mod.

Goldsrc, was a magically engine. Game kicked ass before the community died.

>Not playing goa'uld Kull simulator 2016.

Is that Destiny?

No staff weapons, no go.

>tfw Anubis starts using Ancient technology against your Stargate
>tfw your main scientist ascends and you have to use a shitty replacement

> internemy screaming
> you never be daniel jackson!
> you never replace him
> reeeeee

>SG Command game
>it's Xcom on the offensive
>assemble your SG teams
>send them into the grinder until you learn how to reverse engineer shit
>easy mode gives you SG-1 which is OP as fuck and you can solo easy mode with just them
>hard mode gives you zero named characters, redshirts only

>tfw your show jumps the shark
>tfw two main characters from some shitty scifi show become main characters on yours

>tfw scientistman comes back and he's swole af

This.

Or ja2 style game rpg
Or
Commandos style game.

Mhhhhh

hey, farscape is pretty alright.

I remember that I used to make stargate-themed maps for quake2 when the tv series was still new

I watched a bit of SG-1, but it just seemed like poor man's Star Trek. Does the series get better?

>tfw no Lexx game

It's arguable. It seems to get less and less serious, and more "we needed to write something to fill the episodes out for this season" towards the end.

Most of the people I know who like Star Trek really didn't like SG-1 because it wasn't Star Trek enough for them.

you just have to stop comparing it to Star Trek.

One takes place in the future, and the other is somewhat modern day. Take it for what it is

it also does get better

hi grandpa

That's just Leisure Suit Larry with a SpaceQuest skin isn't it?

WE

Dumb pol poster

wut this

kinda gettin me hard to watch the original movie

stargate shitlantis

Atlantis.

lexx was cool until they got to urf

I just started season 4 and yeah it sucks

Even season 3 was boring but not bad

I liked when 790 almost raped Stan