youtube.com/watch?v=oGw5kwHl_LU
frames-per-second.appspot.com/
eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-nintendo-wii-u-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hidden
nice maymay

It was ok

>hidden

Except for the fact that it was shilled on here more than Fallout 4 and Undertale combined.

Probably the best RPG this gen along with disgaea 5.

If you have shit taste dont quote this post.

OK, but I will quote a post that has shit taste.

>Elma in bikini & cat ears
>Lin in bikini and space helmet

Might as well accept our first female president Cred Forumstard.

I will as well

>disgaea 5
I have shit taste which is why i can easily spot a person with even shittier taste

You have shit taste. Reevaluate yourself.

So, I guess I was right, Xenoblade threads are shat up by Cred Forumscucks.

Complete trash.

So bad in fact that I don't even see Nintenbabbies shilling it. The open world while visually appealing (from a variety standpoint) was terribly bloated, the MMO tier combat was equally awful and overall, it was just shit. Even the soundtrack was ridiculously inconsistent and the plot was just awful.

It reminded me of Dragon Age Inquisition, glimmers of genius and real promise/potential that is ultimately bogged down by incompotent game design/developers.

4/10

Xenoblade deserved better tbqh

The NLA themes still haunt me.

Explain why disgaea 5 is bad.

Until someone starts talking about the actual game content, these threads exist only to let you practice reporting shitposters like ape-kun.

All you did was post a bunch of buzzwords.

Try again with actual criticism.

>offline MMO gameplay
>Fetch quests
>Shit story
>Shit characters
>Shit writing
>lower metacritic than Fallout 4 (kek)

It's pretty shit tbqh

So this guy is a common shitposter?

It's the same garbage that's been posted hundreds of times before dressed up with a pathetic fig leaf.

Yeah, you're right. I should have known. Fuck man, after Cred Forums's birthday this place has gottene exponentially shittier. Hopefully the shitposting will die down in a couple of days.

Ok.

Let's start with the good things, at least. This game is good-looking and the world is huge. There's a lot of places to explore and I like that.

Unfortunately, graphics don't make a game. And what "game" XCX has, is done completely wrong. If you are a fan of XC, chances are you will dislike the new battle system. The team gauge has little to no uses now, chain attacks are gone, and there's a new TP system that just gets in your way. You have to spend TP to do certain arts and it costs 1000 (about 1/3 of your TP) to revive an ally. The level cap is 60 in this game, even though enemies can be lv 99 or higher. This forces you to use skells, which are nice, but eventually battles become "I hope a randomly generated overdrive kicks in before I lose my skell and have to grind several million dollars to get a new one since I'm out of insurance".

Grinding. That's the problem with XCX. The whole game is grinding, wandering, and fetch quests. They don't even have the time-saving mechanic from XC where quests complete automatically on the field so you don't have to go back and report to someone! I've gotten no satisfaction from the grinding and the quests, and finding new areas gets boring after awhile. The probing mechanic isn't that fun, either.

The plot and characters in the game are just ok. They're not great, but they're not bad. There's some fun characters in the bunch and a lot of one-sided, uninspired "trope" characters. Tatsu and Elma are the first two "trope" characters to come to mind. Tatsu being the most generic comedy relief character possible and Elma being the "I've seen **** I'm a strong and silent type" trope.

I don't get the appeal of a game where you spend more than 100+ hours on it but only have "fun" once every hour or more. This game puts on a appealing face with its expansive world but saps away 100+ hours of your time without any reward. This game is confusing, irritating, and boring

TL;DR - Game is boring, dull and lifeless.

>hidden
>gem

lol

DELETE THIS
E
L
E
T
E

T
H
I
S

I liked the original Xenoblade more

see
He pretty much knocked the ball out of the park.

I stopped playing after the 20 hour mark, game was just boring, characters weren't memorable, quests were all generic and overall, it was a painfully average experience at best and a shit fest at worst

>tfw this post will get ignored by Xenoshills

Soundtrack was shit.

Good game buried among a million small issues that really should not have been issues like decent inventory sorting and a end game grind that puts the J in JRPG. Still had fun with it but I felt no drive to grind end game tyrant killing gear

You had to refill a gauge in the first Xenoblade in order to revive an ally. It was essentially the same thing. You could also use that same gauge to do chain attacks. The principal is the same, why is this such a big issue?

The first Xenoblade caps you as well, with the highest level enemy being 120. You had to fight enemies 30 levels above you. Again, similar situation in X. You also don't HAVE to skells, you can make ground gear good enough to the point at which you can beat level 99 enemies. Does it take a long time? Yeah, but it can be done. Overdrive isn't randomly generated by the way, you gain enough TP and you can activate overdrive, just like with ground gear.

You obviously didn't invest a whole lot of time into this game because if you did, you would know this by now. You also don't even need to grind to get ahead in the game. Post endgame stuff sure, but the rest of it is so fucking doable you won't be spending a whole lot of time battling.

The original xenoblade had generic grindy quests too.

They both suck so why do you prefer one game full of grinding and hate the next?

>You also don't even need to grind to get ahead in the gam

You obviously haven't invested a lot of time into the game as well because if you did, you would know that by now.

THe game is a grindy, boring, bland JRPG that has none of the charm of Xenoblade or Xenogears. Its characters were boring for the most part and the plot was just shit.

Chronicles 1 is driven by the main cast's desire for revenge. X is driven by accepting "Story Missions" from a computer terminal whenever you get bored so long as you meet the requirements. Each story segment lasts about an hour up to the end of Chapter 9 (Of 12) where the difficulty suddenly spikes prolonging the game's climax through a series of battles for battles sake.

Don't even get me started on the fucking quests that were all baseless in scope and narrative.

Normal side questing is as vague as "Gather 10 of [Item] from [Continent]". The game does not give you any map markers and nor does it tell you that each continent is divided up into regions, the likelihood of finding the item in each region or what time of day the item has a greater chance of spawning. The only way to complete these quests, IMO, is to buy the guide.

The shop interface and anything relating to your equipment/buying selling of anything is all pooled together and is not automatically filtered by your characters class. For each of the 4 active party members you have to manually filter the contents of each shop for each bit of equipment to save you trawling through about 300 items, 250 of which you can't get/equip.

The Wii U struggles and consistently reads from the disk which is very loud. The enemies and textures noticeably pop in, sometimes resulting in your party's death because a higher level mob will suddenly appear and aggro you.

XBX is a hollow JRPG with an identity crisis. Not quite a single player story spectacular like the first and not quite the MMO it tries so desperately to be.

All games have the same quests. Any complaint on the grounds of the things quests have you do instantly invalidates itself.
Stop responding to cancer.

The originally xenoblade actually had charm and a fantastic story with interesting characters and a fun as fuck combat system.

As far as fetch quests go, sure it had fetch quests but it also had a boatload of interesting quests that are story-centered, often with branching paths and quest chains. These don't autocomplete, obviously, and many of the stories are quite good. These all tie into the Affinity Chart, a huge map of all the NPCs and their connections and relationships, which evolves as you complete quests and make choices.

XBX doesn't even come close to the quality that Chronicles had

>stop responding to posts breaking down my shitty irrelevant flop of a game

Sure, covering your ears will certainly make XBX seem like less of a humiliating failure than it already is

>xenoblade having more interesting quests
It's okay to admit you haven't played either game.

>user gives two huge posts detailing why he felt XBX fell short
>Nintenbabby screams "d-d-doesn't count, MODS, DELETE THESE CANCEROUS POSTS"

Everytime

Did you jist ignore all the side and affinity quest in XBX? Did you even play it throughly before fanboying for xenoblade?

I mean, if you want to put in writing that you're only here to shitpost like you just did, that's your business. I just hope you don't think you're fooling anyone with your ancient nonsense.

>give an actual example and reason as to why XC had better quests than XCX
>Make two huge posts detailing each of my isssues with the game and its mechanics going into detail
>"y-y-you haven't played either game"

It's ok, you can at least rest easy knowing that XBX is irrelevant to the point that hardly anybody even gives enough of a fuck about the game to even shitpost about it.

Fucking this. Fuck the goddamn audio mixing during cutscenes. Fuck that shit right in the goddamn ass.

I actually grinded the game out with a bunch of /vgg/ guys. Wasn fun.

Sorry m8, XBX was bottom tier trash worse than Fallout 4

Awful, played it for a few hours before I dropped it like a sack of potatoes. The combat is awful, I can't believe I let you people convince me to play this.

Saying it's shitposting just because you have zero rebuttals is not an argument. It just highlights your insecurity and lack of ability to do anything about it.

ONE BY ONE

But user the description you gave for xenoblade applies to xcx too. Affinity quests were charming and there were several other unique quests with charm.

Nostalgia blinds you or you just didnt play the games f.a.m

I don't know & Summed up my experience with the game to near perfection. Your responses are pretty weak in substance and it doesn't seem like you have much of an argument to that anons posts outside of "YOU'RE JUST BAITING".

I think it's less my opinion and more that it's extremely blatant shitposting that makes it shitposting, user. Pretending it isn't is rather silly.

>You obviously haven't invested a lot of time into the game as well because if you did, you would know that by now.

Check the screenshot nigga.

Again , only the post endgame requires grinding. Also, the original Xenoblade may have started out as a revenge story, but in the end you were slaying God like every other JRPG. At least this one offers something different in that regard.

>The game does not give you any map markers

Neither did the first Xenoblade.

>The shop interface and anything relating to your equipment/buying selling of anything is all pooled together and is not automatically filtered by your characters class. For each of the 4 active party members you have to manually filter the contents of each shop for each bit of equipment to save you trawling through about 300 items, 250 of which you can't get/equip.

This was an annoyance, but not really a dealbreaker.

The only real shitty aspect of Xenoblade Chronicles X was its lackluster online and post endgame. Besides that it was pretty solid.

NOT EVEN A DISTANT LAND

>Nostalgia blinds you

Maybe it was just a better game as is agreed upon not only by critical consensus but by the fanbase as well.

Maybe it's you that has shit taste and not us, as in the majority :^)

You two have shit taste, likely because you're underage and only started playing video games within the past 5 years. Perhaps you should play more JRPGs.

>tfw youre too dumb to form your own opinions so you look at scores.

Feels bad.

Youre probably so feeble minded you cant decide whether you want pizza or a hotdog without outside input.

I'm posting arguments, you're posting shitposts.

I agree, it is rather silly, about as silly as Nintendo for even letting their name and reputation become soiled by this shitty game.

I'm not sure who you think you're fooling, but keep it up if it makes you feel better.

My opinion is formed and my opinion is that XBX is a shit!

Bad battle system, especially with Skells which are brain dead, many quests and end game revolves around repetitive farming, and anyone hoping for story and characters at least close to par with the first game are left horribly disappointed.

Fuck them for ruining Xenoblade

So xenoblade is better simply because more people think so?

Real reasonable user.

List your favorite RPGs then faggot.

X does the exact same thing, a ton of generic fetch quests but also some excellently done side missions that don't autocomplete.

lmao

SEE THE SUUUUUUUUUN

>excellently done quests
>XBX
>excellent anything
>XBX

Did you just copy paste my words from the other thread?

Come up with your own rant man.

>Fuck them for ruining Xenoblade

Most of what you just posted applies to xenoblade too though.

N-no!

Most rants here regarding Xenoblade X are copy pasted. The same regurgitated garbage. MMO combat, bad side quests etc.

Nice memes anime poster.

Except for the fact that XCs, Story, Combat and characters shit on XBX

>regurgiated crap

Take the hint, if people keep repeating it then maybe it has an element of truth to it :^)

Witcher 3 >>>>>>>>XCX

Or it just makes them mindless retards

Maybe it just makes you an overly insecure shill who can't take any criticisms over his shit tier irrelevant game?

This desu
I want to like XCX, I really do, but it just does so much more wrong than it does right
I hope they go back to the original formula for the next one

Witcher 3 isn't a shitty MMO for starters, so it's not a fair comparison

The combat was great and was pretty much the same as the first.

The world in x is beeter and so was the post game combat.

Maybe you're just a shit sniffing retard

>the combat was great
>auto attack crap with MMO tier cooldowns

The combat in both games were trash but at least Xenoblades Chronicles had good writing, characters and a great story

Well I haven't sniffed XBX yet so I can't be that bad

>chain attacks are gone, and there's a new TP system that just gets in your way. You have to spend TP to do certain arts and it costs 1000 (about 1/3 of your TP) to revive an ally

Chain attacks broke the original and made it stupidly easy, and the TP system isn't bad if you don't suck balls at management. It barely gets in your way, especially if you build your character properly. TP gain isn't even an issue with the ridiculous amount of buffs you can stack to your armor to get it.

>The level cap is 60 in this game, even though enemies can be lv 99 or higher.
>"I hope a randomly generated overdrive kicks in before I lose my skell and have to grind several million dollars to get a new one since I'm out of insurance".
Neither of these two scenarios actually happen. A whole number of builds can solo world bosses easier than a Skell can. You don't lose insurance tickets for ejecting perfectly, either, and the AI will always do so. And if you suck that much at a QTE you can just sell your busted piece of shit and buy another one, the cost is about the same.

>Grinding. That's the problem with XCX. The whole game is grinding, wandering, and fetch quests
You can summarize every single gameplay loop in three points, but that doesn't mean it's not absolutely retarded to do so. There's more than "fetch quests" in XCX. The wandering is helped out by a dense world with a number of side activities to tackle, and you're rewarded properly for exploring. And the only time you really have to grind in this game is when you're already max level and you're just tweaking your build and you need certain augments for it. Or you want the bunny girl suits.

I can't believe people are unironically quoting this post as if it was nothing than some misinformed opinion from someone who clearly didn't play the game very long. Oh wait, nevermind, this is just another shitposting thread.

XBX post game combat is just farming material to get a super skell that can destroy any enemy without effort, or just ghostwalker everything to death in infinite overdrive.

I also miss Triangle attacks, visions, and a party of characters with unique specialized movesets.

>it was shilled on here more than Fallout 4 and Undertale combined.
thats just not fucking true.

Well I don't think anyone here disagrees that post end game sucks. I think we all recognize that it was boring. Still I felt the first 80 hours were pretty good.

>a shitposter in a shitposting thread has lied on the internet
Well I never!

Triangle attacks and visions only slowed the gameplay down, IMO.

I hope they keep the class and customization stuff at least for the MC in future games.

Though to be fair with what I just said, Xenoblade's combat is just as easily breakable, if not moreso, with Topple locking.

That mechanic probably should have been thought out better.

>thinks "d-d-doesn't count" is an argument

M8, he was more or less spot on, the chain attacks was broken in XC but you just don't get it. THe game was grindy and overall it just wasn't interesting. The writing/story/characters were all bland and contrived, the combat was some shitty frankenstein child of MMO/Traditional JRPGs and the game was just one big mess.

Sure, it might have scratched my Mecha boner but outside of that, it was a forgettable experience that didn't offer much enjoyment for the majority of my playing it. It's no secret as to why the game is virtually irrelevant not one year after its release. There's nothing to discuss outside of how disappointing the game turned out to be.

Sure you can call anybody who criticizes it a shitposter but it won't change how underwhelming the general consensus of the game has been. Even among diehard fans of the series

I mean, what the fuck was that story anyway? Literally nothing happens until Chapter 8/9. It's a fucking joke

>tfw only thing left to do is grind for end game to kill the last 4 or 5 bosses, and grind for heart levels on all the recruitable characters that you didn't use
I'm so close..but I hate fucking grinding so I just keep taking breaks, then coming back.

I like to chain attacks and Visions I thought they were pretty cool. Granted I can appreciate Xenoblade X is combat as well. Really I like both games I think they have their strengths and weaknesses

Triangle attacks were great because they actually let you have input over the actions of your whole party.

If English is your first language you should have been able to understand what the story was before chapter 8 and 9. You're trying to survive on an alien planet filled with hostile creatures and you're trying to fight a race called the ganglion, which is hell-bent on exterminating the human race.

Is it worth buying a wii u just for this game?

The problem with XBX is that it has all of the flaws of XBC without any of the positives.

It has the shitty fetch quests, it has the underwhelming combat system (it's even worse imo) but it doesn't have the well written story or characters to make up for it.

It's just a disappointment

Not really. They just gave you free damage by suspending the normal combat rules. The strategy was always either topple lock or stack multiplier unless you had Sharla fucking everything up.

Oh I understood the story, i'm just saying that it was completely bland and boring

Not even worth emulating tbqh

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

>worth buying a wii u
Even if you said you had interest in the entire library. No.

lol no.

If Bayonetta 2 wasn't enough to make you buy a Wii U then XBX sure as shit isn't.

uhh yeah

No single game is worth buying an entire system but Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of the games that makes it worth it

You do know not all RPGs have to be story centric first and foremost, right?

I understand the story might've been a disappointment (although I enjoyed it a lot once I started taking it as a cheesy early 90s /m/ OVA series), but all too commonly people skip the good parts about this game or ignore them entirely.

The worldbuilding, sidequests and the map itself were all great. The combat is fun, although easily broken (just like the original, I guess...) and I don't really mind the traditional lock-on pseudo MMO bullshit. At least cutting off body parts was fun, and the number of builds available to the MC was pretty ridiculous.

But the main reason I really liked XCX over the original is that it filled me with wanderlust like few games have, and it properly sated my thirst in that regard.

Does it help that i loved final fantasy 12? I heard they're pretty similar games.

But it's got shitty quests like XB

>XBX is worth buying a Wii U for

Other than autoattacks, they're not all that similar.

>I enjoyed it a lot once I turned my brain off!

Woah.... Really makes you think!

>side quests
>great
>"Collect this plant 10 times!"

Still...... Thinking..... Woah.......

Pretending to be a retard will make you into an actual retard sooner or later.

To be honest I've never played Final Fantasy 12. I suppose you would considering the combat is real time. From what I've seen there are some similarities. Do you like exploring a giant open world? Do you like mechs?

Well FF12 has top tier characters, writing and story so, no.

Unless you want a shitty, poorly written, full blown weebshit game (and not weebshit in the good way like FFX or Persona) that will make you cringe as much as it makes you grind, then sure, go ahead!

I mean, just look at the stellar description this shill gave it! Just make sure you turn your brain off and you'll have a blast!

Just pirated it. Will play soom

Agreed.

If only I could pretend to think that XBX wasn't complete dogshit enough to the point where I no longer received buyers remorse from buying it!

You can just kill yourself and end it all right now!

What the fuck is even remotely similar between FF12 and XBX?

The fact that they're both JRPGs? If you want to buy XBX then just fucking buy it, don't sit here and twist your questions variables to suit your already made up decision.

XBX is seen as a controversial game. Some people (most from what i've seen) think it's anywhere from complete trash to mediocre. Others swear by it.

Watch some gameplay videos or even walkthroughs and make your decision based on that.

Holy shit this fucking thread. It's like being on Cred Forums

But then I wouldn't get to laugh at all the plebs who shill this irrelevant game?

>most
Yeah, I guess you'd come to that conclusion if you were a complete fucking idiot.

Censored.

>>This forces you to use skells
>he needs to use skells for anything other than airborne tyrants
>implying the first half of Wir Fleigen isn't the game's actual boss theme

Don't worry, there's internet in Gensokyo!

Do it!

Do it!

>open world
If it's done right.
>mechs
Yup
I'm just asking senpai. I care about the opinions that are posted here.

Virtually every thread i've been in (even the short lived XBX general) described the game is terribly average/mediocre.

Just look at the overwhelming direction this thread has went in. Most people called it shit whereas you had maybe 2~ fanboys damage controlling every criticism that cropped up against it. I was going to buy it until I watched a few walkthroughs, seen the laughably bad character models, writing and overall plot and thought "fuck that".

I didn't even bother to get to the real nitty gritty grinding/fetch quests that eveyrbody rags on. But hey, stay mad over the fact that nobody but you likes your shitty game

I'm currently playing through my pirated copy and while I enjoy the game overall, some aspects are too convoluted and some design choices are questionable.

You should try to vary your vocabulary a bit more so it's not so obvious that it's you every time.

>not most

Every single thread I see about this game has nothing but people shitting on it.

Sorry m8, nobody likes your shitty MMO

It's not a really well title, known but most people tha dot know about it praise for the game.

pointing to this thread everytime someone tries to deny that Cred Forums is not overrun by sony and microsoft fanboys

I wouldn't call one guy overrun.

>XBC
>a fantastic story

It was a generic shounen story. I love shounenshit, but lets not pretend that its anymore than it actually is

I prefer to keep my vocabulary repetitive, unoriginal and predictable as to keep up with the overall tone of XBX.

>o-o-only Sony and Microsoft fanboys could hate this game!

Explain to me why it doesn't have a general or even weekly threads discussing it.

Even Nintenbabbies couldn't give two shits about that repetitive piece of MMO trash.

It'd say it was more like the shounenshit collapsed unto itself and gave birth to something far more likeable.

Actually, don't know why but XC's story and dialogue felt pretty Macross-ish to me. I guess XCX is more like Gundam in that regard, at least for the main story.

I think the ship posting is due to for Chan's birthday. We've been overrun by children for the past day or so. All those fucking silvagunner threads, dolphin porn and just general off-topic bullshit flooded the board shortly after the anniversary. It's to be expected, it happens every year. It will go back to normal in a couple of days

F-F-F-F-FUCKING SONYGGERS!

we had a general but it too was being spammed by jealous sony and microsoft fanboys.

Because generals aren't allowed on Cred Forums.

PC Masterrace here

Nah, your game is just shit that I wouldn't even emulate

That was just the one autist from the other general.

The original Xenoblade had a good story.

Personally I can invest 70 hours in a game with tedious gameplay if there's a story/characters/world that keeps me interested.

Bloodborne fans managed to outweigh the shitposters, know why? Their game wasn't a piece of shit (still overrated as fuck, but that's another story).

XBX just isn't good enough to fight through the hordes of shitposters. If you think anybody is genuinely "salty" over not getting to play "XBX" then that's just a level of delusion I refuse to interact with

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHY DOES NOBODY LIKE MY GAME

FUCKING SONYGGERS, IT'S THEIR FAULT MY GAME FLOPPED, SCORED A LOWER METACRITIC THAN FALLOUT 4 AND DOESN'T GET DISCUSSED. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>8GB
>980

>All these people falling for ACfag again

SHUT THE FUCK UP SONYGGER

>8 gigs ram
>1920x1080 @ 60hz

fuck u kid ur rig a shit

>i5
>master race

fucking kek

>hidden
>gem
No wonder video games are so shitty nowadays.

>ACfag?

You'll need to clue me in on what boogeyman i'm supposed to be. Was ACfag some sort of Assassins Creed shill? Because I hate Assassins Creed including AC2 and Black Flag

I don't get it.

No, it didn't have a good story. It had a pretty mediocre story with anime writing all over it. If you want a good story then fuck off and go do something else with your time. RPGs are dying because of people like you.

fucking kids

>shit game
>Fanbase refuses to acknowledge it as a shit game

My favorite kind of thread

jesus christ even in a normal screenshot mustard cucks need to show everyone their specs. OH WOW NICE TEMPS YOU GOT THERE BUDDY, SURE TO ENHANCE THE VIDEO GAME EXPERIENCE

sure thing buddy. Cred Forums spams any general of a game it hates until the general is stop being made. Bloodborne's rep is good enough that they dont have to deal with Cred Forums shitposters.

refuse this middle finger, asshole.

Screencap your rig with the thread in the background :^)

I wouldn't say it collapsed on itself, as it fell into many of the standard shounen trappings, but executed them wonderfully and in unexpected ways. Its kind of like Gash Bell in that takes all these standard and usually irritating aspects, ramps them up to 11 and makes them something great.
I actually get a really strong Macross vibe from XCX too, but that may just be the premise, the skell transformation, and existence of what may as well be the Protoculture
Actually, Takahasi/Kawamori Xeno game when?

Game was complete trash.

Returned that shit a few days later. Fuck, the Wii U really is a Bayonetta 2 box

It's pretty much the only JRPG on the wiiU. In the land of the blind one eye is king.

Honestly there are a ton of better JRPGs that has come out this gen. Xenoblade X is as much a hidden gem as Fairy Fencer.

Hoe about #FE?

This. Laughing at people praising Dragon's Dogma is part of the reason I'm here.

i want to cum inside wels-chan

I love playing this game.

Sorry I guess.

But not really.

>Actually, Takahasi/Kawamori Xeno game when?
>XCX could've had a soundtrack as good as Frontier/Delta but it went for the Sawano route instead

it was alright. to bad it suffers from the side quest being better than the main quest theme.

the main story was shit, the ost was trash, (you get used to it) the gameplay was alright, exploring the world was amazing fun and the charterers were ok. overall, 6/10

i still prefer the first game overall.

persona 5 will blow both these games out of the water.

I don't give a shit about RPGs. I play JRPGs. And I like anime.

Shouldn't you be playing some Bethesda game?

Although I admit nothing will ever bevas good ad Xenogears.

>but it doesn't have the well written story or characters to make up for it.

Neither did XC.

first off, you dont even need a skell to kill the end bosses. your character is well strong enough to do it alone by going in with full TP, the right gear and the right customization. the only down side is, you have to grind for an eternity to get everything you need.

second, if you had to grind to complete the main quest, you doing it fucking wrong. i was always to overleveld after chapter 3 because i spent time exploring and doing side quests. i fought the final boss with an army of lvl 60 skells and i was filthy rich by the time.

> have to grind several million dollars to get a new one since I'm out of insurance

i dont understand how people rekt their skells so much.

fuck the end game bosses. i just did everyone's heart to heart and stop playing. the girding was to much.

fuck no! this is coming form a Nintendo dorn.

unless your filthy rich.

>the ost was trash

allow me to explain because i was not clear on this. the songs on the zones were good but the battle theme and the music in NLA were bad.

Uncontrollable was ok but it was no you will know our names.

That's because Nintendyearolds don't play video games you dingus

Why is Mia best girl?

the max level in Xenoblade was 99, while enemies went up to level 120.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I really like the game OP. I have about 30 hours logged but I dropped it to finish XBC first.

My only complaint was the music really. The combat system was damn fun, managing your teammates, your abilities, and changing between range do and meelee. I can remember multiple fights that were very long and nail biting. Definitely has that MMO feel and there isn't much of a story just quests to do, but fuck you I liked it.

I'm not a big MMO person or a JRPG indulger but I truthfully had fun with the game. Maybe once I put more time into it and really start using the Skells I'll have more complaints but with my time invested I had a good time. Make of that what you will

I didn't even bother reading most of what he said, since it was just complete bullshit.

I love the first game, and I love the second game. I like the second game more, and I love pretty much everything about it aside from the story.

Awful tedious slog, couldn't be bothered to finish it and I rarely do that, the story was appalling.

I love how Xenobabies always reply to any valid criticism of the game with, "hurr buzzwords."

XCX was awfully mediocre, get a grip and stop shilling it. It's a downgrade from the first any many ways. Ocean wide but an inch deep.

I'm about 24 hours in, been balancing side-quests and main story. How far away am I from getting a Skell?

I remember when they talked about how all the mims would instantly shut down if the Lifehold was destroyed, I thought to myself "wouldn't it be funny if the Lifehold was actually destroyed but we survived because of some anime bullshit like the power of human determination"
I fucking hate XCX's plot

>mfw finding out I could climb that mountain
You can get just about everywhere. There were a couple spots I couldn't get to while on foot since it was too steep, but this is just so fucking open. Nearly the only reason why I love it so much.

You can get your skell at chapter 6, think it took me about 30 hours.

I think the only valid complaints for this game are the small font and horrible sound management in cutscenes and some scenarios(like the Skell theme playing every time you jump). Stuff like censorship is the fault of treehouse. Others such as the soundtrack and story is subjective, personally Sawano's music can sound samey but it has personality and fits the game. I like the story too, sidequests are much more fleshed out compared to XBC and the themes in the game gives the feel of hopelessness in an unknown planet.

You guys are slow as fuck

>I think the only valid complaints for this game are the small font and horrible sound management in cutscenes and some scenarios

Didn't have any problem with text, the entire thing with people blowing up about it reminded me so much of early 360 games like Dead Rising getting played by people who didn't actually own an HD TV and so they couldn't read shit.

Sound design is a low point for sure, there's a bunch of really underused tracks and some of the weakest stuff gets heard the most like NLA day/night

The game has a couple other big problems though that maybe you're just not thinking about.
Story progression doesn't match game play progression.
When you find a Lifehold piece in the wild it does nothing, when it should prompt you to return to base (or wait there) for a retrieval operation which prompts the quest associated with that Lifehold
Also there's no reason why you can't scout the NPC characters from the scout terminal when they're all part of BLADE and that's the fucking point of the scout terminal in universe.
Being able to go and talk to them should stay in, as that can also serve as a hint about their heart to hearts, but come on.

>the entire thing with people blowing up about it reminded me so much of early 360 games like Dead Rising getting played by people who didn't actually own an HD TV and so they couldn't read shit.
What the fuck does this even mean?
You think people played Xenoblade X on SD TVs?

>You think people played Xenoblade X on SD TVs?

Yes.

I mean the text is visible on the Wii U game pad and that shit has a small as fuck screen how can you not read it on your TV?

You are fucking retarded dude.
If that were true people would've said that about games long before XCX
Also lol at you pretending it was just Cred Forums who complained about it

>If that were true people would've said that about games long before XCX

Not any Nintendo games they wouldn't have

why not

Go ahead and name all those other Nintendo games that expect you to have an HD TV to read the menus.

I wouldn't know because I didn't play it on SD and HD to compare.
People didn't play it on fucking SD TVs. Fuck off already you stupid piece of shit.

>danger approaches
>elma draws guns and talks to the MC, who then nods their head and draws weapon too
>lin threatens to eat tatsu for the millionth time

Well it was far superior than both of those games. Solid 8/10 for me because I can't enjoy late game one shot fests.... All I wanted is long drawn challenging fights not one shotting everything with an Ares90. I even grinded augments and everything

I stopped playing at like 92% because one-shotting Feliciano, the All-Seeing over and over hoping to get equipment with the right perks is anti-fun

>I wouldn't know because I didn't play it on SD and HD to compare.

Haha, and you're calling me the retard here?
You don't have to fucking do that to compare.
You can just measure text height in pixels or take a screen shot of a different Nintendo game and resize it to SD.

I'm actually giving people the benefit of the doubt here, because like I said, this shit is readable on the Wii U gamepad so Its just the best answer for the complains that isn't "people are literally blind"

Sniping the Visigels around Pharsis is a better way to get good ground gear, but the best ground set up is Ether Longsword and you can get a "good enough" traits version of the unique one of those in short order from Lugalbanda.

Farming for augs is a whole new grind though, at least it's not so RNG based.

>at least it's not so RNG based.
But it is..

How? You can just buy the rare stuff with Tickets from the terminal in your barracks.

I thought you meant the enemy drops weren't RNG based.
Anyways, ticket farming is pretty much non-existent now that the Nemesis bosses never show up anymore thanks to the online playerbase being completely dead.

>the Nemesis bosses never show up anymore thanks to the online playerbase being completely dead.

I forget, does the gauge ever empty on it's own?
If not, even a single person could eventually fill it up by doing squad tasks (which all also reward tickets)

Doing the squad tasks is killing enemies, which is grinding.
At that point, why not just grind the enemies that drop the mats you need?
Nemesis boss is grinding too but at least it gives a shit load of tickets.

>At that point, why not just grind the enemies that drop the mats you need?

Yeah, that's probably more efficient for most mats.
But some, like Deva Calander Red Ears, are a pain in the ass to get as drops because treasure sensor doesn't effect the time attack mission rewards.

Yeah those and the Neilnail ones are a bitch

>It was a generic shounen story.
So what happened that we can't praise something as being fantastic because we've seen elements of what it's doing in another form of media before?
Why does something have to automatically lower to "not great" because it's not completely 100% unique?

Please tell me why you think Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't have a great story.

>At that point, why not just grind the enemies that drop the mats you need?
Having to find where they are, travel to a place you can easily beat a lot of them while targetting the specific body part the material drops from and continuously selecting 'return to skell' to respawn them is far more tedious than grinding reward tickets.
Thing is, reward tickets are also tedious as fuck to grind.
Really, if you want to tackle most post-game content in XCX, you're going to be dedicating a lot of time to it no matter what method you choose.
Nobody wins.

Just like all the girls do to other men in Persona 5

youtube.com/watch?v=o3yG_20r338

Just came to say Hope is best girl.

I wonder what the actually least amount of investment to kill the post game tyrants is.

2x bugged Diskbomb + the right attribute resist augs for what you're fighting is my bet.

I at least know it has to be a skell set up because I've never seen anyone manage to fight Leva'el, the Terminus on foot, even with the Sky High art flying trick.

The greatest adventure game ever made

>Memenetta 2
Found the shit taste.
Should've just bought DMC4SE desu.

>Overdrive is random
>To is tedious and just gets in the way
>Generic quests don't auto complete
Are you retarded?

I liked the exploring. Unresolved storyline makes me mad. The skell makes exploring fun when you only have the non-flight module ones but the flight module proceeds to suck the fun out of the best thing in the game.

I would sacrifice a handful of newborns for a game with Xenoblade X's open world and exploration and Dragon's Dogma's combat.

>As far as fetch quests go, sure it had fetch quests but it also had a boatload of interesting quests that are story-centered, often with branching paths and quest chains. These don't autocomplete, obviously, and many of the stories are quite good. These all tie into the Affinity Chart, a huge map of all the NPCs and their connections and relationships, which evolves as you complete quests and make choices.
X does the exact same thing but even better

You can't deny it has one of the most memorable soundtracks in years, regardless if it's bad or good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaDdUEBKnM

Leva'el is one of those things that summarize what I hate about Xenoblade Chronicles X.
With post game fights like that, you either instantly kill the enemy, or you get instantly killed. There's no long fights of whittling down a strong enemy's HP while keeping an eye on yours anymore like with the original XC, and that makes me sad. The combat is great except for the soul voices bullshit being necessary, and the 'press B' prompt in general becoming even more obnoxious.

I'm still annoyed that the Mechas aren't either each a class unto their own or an improved version of your class and not what it is now. Which is throw whichever weapons you like and spam the shit out of them.

Who /100%completion/ here? Who /100% achievements/ here?

Yeah, I 100% surveyed
Last thing I did was Telethia, and my beam Lailah was honestly overbuilt for the job when I finally decided to tackle it.
I did spend an absolute ton of hours compiling a few of my own resources though because I couldn't find them anywhere else online.

And I'm still not crazy enough to do your spoiler.

stopped at around 96%
all that's left is farming shit for Telethia, finding the red lobsters and other annoying stuff.
Guess I'll finish it soon or else they'll eventually take down the online support and farming will become impossible.
I doubt the online will still be working in a year.

>they'll eventually take down the online support
>Future players will literally not be able to acquire the KUROGANE

Jesus Christ, how horrifying

I didn't really enjoy it.
Felt like I was playing a fanfic that revolved around Elma and her sidekick Lin with her wacky pet mascot character.

It NEEDS a sequel or some kind of game that takes all the experience they got from making it and mix it with previous games.
While I was playing I couldn't help but think "This could do with a good story", "This could do with a little more polish" over and over again.
Fantastic game but a much better game can be done very easily and without any ridiculously high budget. I feel like once a new game comes out, it's going to be hard to come back to it

>There's no way to build the unfinished sections of NLA, even in the post game when story wise there's freed up resources because they're no longer needed for the war effort.
>There's even a Heart to Heart where you can ask Nagi about finishing construction and STILL nothing.

It's like they got the broad stroke right but not the details.
You can tell that they really must have spent most of the dev time just making the dame game work right.

Also, that music.

XC has a god-tier OST. XCX just makes me turn off my audio at times because it's crap and doesn't include any mixing controls.

Well I really hope they don't. Sawano shits all over Shimomura.
If they go back to the original's music then I would only accept ACE+

>Sawano shits all over Shimomura.
While that's just not true, she was barely even involved in Xenoblade. She made like 4 songs.

Rethoric question?
That game is the greatest moron indicator since NWN2:Motb.

Seriously, of the 12 people in this thread that actually played the game, 8 were too stupid to comprehend the manual or in game tips and are now lashing out in denial.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of a doubt and assume he meant cockpit mode instead of overdrive. He's still retarded about everything else.

It was a piece of shit and a massive disappointment compared to the first game.
literally only better graphics and environments.
Music was one of the most hilariously awful soundtracks since Crazy Bus, story was practically nonexistent and shitty when it was there, combat was a complete downgrade.

I can't even think of which was the more disappointing Wii U exclusive, Bayonetta 2, the sequel to my favorite 360 game, or Xenoblade X, the sequel to my favorite Wii game.

>combat was a complete downgrade
I thought this was unanimously disagreed

>level 50 Kurogane

You used a trainer or some value editing to fish it out of the game data, right?

>Elma being the "I've seen **** I'm a strong and silent type"
could you not repost reddit comments

>Music was one of the most hilariously awful soundtracks since Crazy Bus

There are some bad tracks in the game, and they play often NLA Day, NLA Night, Black Tar, Don't Worry
But come on, there's some damn good ones too

youtube.com/watch?v=WNRnFvPny4g
youtube.com/watch?v=xbvB7ks0MNo
youtube.com/watch?v=fDdUwLlu3Tk

Yeah no. The first game's combat emphasized positioning and properly letting each character play their established roles and reacting to the enemy as well as preventing visions from coming true, and the combo system required thought.

In Xenoblade X there's nothing to the combat other than repeatedly dumping out moves over and over and over and over and over again. It's braindead mashing.

It let me play as the Major. That's all I needed to be satisfied.

You mean it's a level 50 HOMURA right?

And no you acquire it from an online mission, hence my comment.

How to do it:
Acquired from: Squad Mission "The Warlord's Challenge"
Only appears durring Squad Tasks No. 11.
First complete "Hunt: Kringe", then complete Squad Mission "Free Electricity". You must break the back tentacle during to unlock "The Warlord's Challenge".
And it's an RNG reward like all the rare shit from time attacks.
And other people in your squad can snipe the missions from you.

>The first game's combat emphasized positioning
Which is still a thing

>letting each character play their established roles
>Roles
Don't tell me you used a Tank/Healer/DPS setup

>preventing visions from coming true
You mean pressing the designated monado art for a certain type of vision after watching a 15 second cutscene in the middle of combat 20 times during the fight?

Also don't even get me started on how it's a constant Break -> Topple -> Daze rotation for the entire duration of the game

>You mean pressing the designated monado art for a certain type of vision after watching a 15 second cutscene in the middle of combat 20 times during the fight?

Not even.
Once I learned that you can walk up to party members and warn them about visions, which lets you use any of their attacks instantly regardless of if they're on cooldown or not, I just slapped Sharla in my party and responded to every vision with Shield Bullet regardless of what it was.

Yes that's right. I used Sharla.

It's literally pressing the designated anti-vision art.
Fuck, imagine playing an RPG where a boss charges a 1 hit KO for 2 turns and a giant glowing "STOP THIS ATTACK" button starts beeping on the corner of the screen. It's basically the same.

>Music was one of the most hilariously awful soundtracks since Crazy Bus
If mods allowed me to i'd dump my entire smug anime girl folder

I'll take X's soundtrack any day over the original. Sawano's style reminded me Mitsuda's (the composer of Xenogears and Xenosaga) style plenty of times. Half of the original Xenoblade's soundtrack could pass for run of the mill fantasy anime/JRPG music.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-YnzbW7gTU

Yeah, I agree.
Really the only interesting thing about the visions was how mattering on how you changed them, say by stunning or toppling instead of putting up a shield, then the enemy can switch to using a different move entirely, some of which are worse for you than the original attack.

When does that song play exactly? I don;t remember.
Maybe in a total of one cut scene that only lasts 30 secs so the entire song can never play out?

Show me where in Xenogears there's completely fucking unlistenable rap music or shit like New LA's music.

Oh there's not? Shut the fuck up.

What kinda bothered me was the importance of levels.
The Break -> Topple -> Daze is a mandatory strategy, which after a couple of hours into the game, requires to be done via a Tri-Attack or whatever it was called. This special attack requires 3 full bars which you can only get by landing hits. The problem is that when you are low level, your attacks don't connect, which means you don't get bar, which means you cannot topple, which means you cannot do considerable damage, or damage at all.

I've had boss fight go on forever since the only way of dying was fucking up a vision, and end up dying simply because the fight was taking too long. Only way to fix this is by grinding/doing grindy sidequests or making nightvision gems which are broken.
I'm glad Overdrive wasn't necessary in X.

NLA Day is the tits tho. NLA Night is not even half bad

NLA Day is the absolute worst song in the game. Fucking annoying snare drum over and over with that fucking terrible scat singing. I NEVER walk around NLA during the daytime.

>requires to be done via a Tri-Attack or whatever it was called

If you play as Melia, she has a one-two topple combo all on her own.

And everyone knows Melia is broken.

How about you shut the fuck up until the time you are grown up enough to realize that 'My taste > yours' stops being an argument past preschool.

I can't hear you

>nice maymay
What did he mean by this?

Unless you let the AI control her, then it doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.

Meanwhile, I could never bring myself to play as Melia for long because I was having too much fun as Dunban.

Of course. Melia is a flowchart, so playing as any other character is more fun

Spearbreak > Team Attack > Starlight Kick > etc. would always topple and leave you with a great combo setup for huge damage. The superbosses can't even put up a fight against it.

Team Attacks and Topplelocking were the biggest problems in XC, which trivialized everything in the game. XCX actually made a big improvement by removing team attacks entirely and making topplelocking much harder to take advantage of, but at the cost of making every other teammate but you completely useless.

Ironically the unlistenable rap music that plays in main battles is far more interesting than the generic main battle theme in Xenoblade

>sounds like the battle theme to every single thirdrate JRPG out there, nothing interesting or unique that sets it apart from the rabble
youtube.com/watch?v=uCR7pXMTiwU

>questionable vocals, hilariously bad, quotable engrish lyrics, and bouncy, fun guitars make it stand out and is immediately memorable regardless of whether or not it's good or not
youtube.com/watch?v=ePypW6n1egQ

Of course, the boss themes and later battle themes in the original are better than the main battle theme in X, but I'd rather listen to X's entire soundtrack over half of the original's soundtrack. Only half of the original game's soundtrack is memorable, because the only memorable tracks are the good ones, whereas almost the entirety of X's soundtrack is memorable solely because of how off the wall and over the top it is.

Wait what? You can use other party members online?

And then they proceeded to rebreak it with Overdrive related augs.

Increasing Overdrive duration, increasing count, and Arts Gain TP all basically achieve the same thing
That thing being infinite uptime overdrive, and it's fucking ridiculously strong.

True, when you first get Overdrive it's not worth a whole lot because the duration is so short and you don;t have great ways to capitalize on it, but once you can it just throws all balance out the window.

And then there's other fringe broken stuff like Reflect All builds and certain overpowered Skell gear set ups *cough*Diskbombs with MSL-MAG.UP*cough*Drones*cough*

no people have figured a way to hack the character models and voices into any character they want.

Those augs are made exhaustingly tedious to grind for a reason. Yet everyone wastes hours of their life grinding them in order to break the game anyways.
Big difference.

HELLO? IS THIS THING ON? AM I ALL ALONE?
IS ANYONE THERE? I NEED A BIGGER GUN.
HELP IF YOU CAN, PLEASE WAKE ME UP
NOT TO SOUND CLICHE, BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS

You can recruit other players in your party for 30 minutes. How the fuck didn't you know that.

>HOW MANY TIME GOTTA KILL YOUR FRIEND?
>HOW DO YOU FEEL GOTTA SHOOT THEIR HEAD?
>IT'S LIKE ENDLESS
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I don't know what the fuck happened with the first battle theme in XBC.
It's actually one of the few themes Yoko Shimomura did for the game.

But every other song in the first game is way better than all the shit in X.

X has some great music but it's horribly under used and all the shit themes are used over and over again.

That pic is not for party recruits since it has the "Ready" symbol on top of their heads.
That's the lobby of an online mission. He just clarified he hacked his character model to be Elma even online

Is that a mod you can download?
How long till they rip the models and put them into Smash?

>But every other song in the first game is way better than all the shit in X.
Not really, X has some absolutely great music that's used all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=W6sm6Zld3nE

>thoughts on this hidden gem?
Best open-world game ever made:
youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

With the exception of New LA the exploration music in X is AS GOOD as the first game.

The battle music is fucking vomit inducing though.

There is a guy that's been doing it a lot on his twitter and tumblr. XCX gecko while popular is severely limited in this aspect and won't allow you to do this in game.

Speaking of flying, on the subject of music, as much as I adore the OST,

FUCK THE FLYING THEME AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT

As someone who liked the game the story and characters were awful fuck you. The only good story to be found is probably sidequest shit far away from the main story's plot like Mia's retarded adventures

Seriously, how did they manage to make this run on the Wii U?

Would love to see what Monolith could pull of on a PS4.

Hopefully the NX doesn't end up being underpowered.

Explain this pic.
Custom made character? I don't think you can make a character like that with the in-game tools

>tfw MS won't make another sequel even if they want to
Can't these guys ever catch a break?

While true, much of the truly OP stuff requires exhaustive hours upon hours of grinding to see any real payoff. Even Ether Blossom builds, the easiest of the lot, requires quite a few hours to make it work, and even then you still can't brute force your way through some things.

It takes work to break the system in both games, but I feel like it takes much less with XC because you can at least get two maximized gems at once with a Mega Heat.

>Sony
Nintendo is the best thing to ever happen to them in years.

no you can make that exact same character in game. Just that this scene was replaced by Cross instead of Elma.

not really, there's a bunch of good battle themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=_zJKNtxeeRg
youtube.com/watch?v=lK8EmcgdKiw
youtube.com/watch?v=4ffMspQdbRA

I don't care what console it is on, I just want to see what Monolith could do if they did not have to work around shit hardware for once.

>Would love to see what Monolith could pull of on a PS4.
Nothing.
And I'm fucking glad of it. Sony is a biggest cancer for vidya and developers.

This game was fun. Had some dull moments and some sidequests were indeed a pain but it was fun overall and corrected some combat mistakes from the previous XB.

>2001
>pic of emulated or hd version
Nice try, have a 2016 potato, courtesy of SE

Also for anyone else who's still interested in XCX:
frontiernav.jahed.io/
No need to log in unless you want to save your notes in the map.

DUDE

These are fucking horrible.

I got everythin I wanted from XCX which was realistically possible.
Skell combat was a let down though
The OST in particular surprised me the most. It's so experimental, weird and diverse that I grew to love it.

youtu.be/M5qWwPCSHWc

youtu.be/_xb2O5Rc2IY

youtu.be/hvSbJUt-OLQ

rate my MC

You are fucking horrible. Wir Fliegen's one of the best "you're kicking the enemy's ass" battle themes out there.

when will you retards learn that it depends on the budget, not on the console
or do you want monolith to shit out a half assed no mans sky just so you can circlejerk about how much bigger the game is now that it's on different shitty hardware

Compared to the first game it's bad.

Compared to 30 years of great JRPG music it's hilariously awful.

Almost all of the night tracks are great.
youtube.com/watch?v=8ljWDLig_NY
youtube.com/watch?v=TyDc5DGTb78
And the day ones are also good, problem is they don't persist during skell flight and there should have been an option to change that. It's just annoying that you have to listen to the worse tracks most of the time.

Got it all

That's like, your opinion, man

It's a shit opinion too.

Go listen to the new Corey Feldman album.

There's nothing bad about the track, though. It portrays what it's meant to portray correctly. Bad would be something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=auKbQiSiXdU

>Compared to 30 years of great JRPG music it's hilariously awful
Do you mean overdone string instrument noodling over low-key power metal riffing that's in nearly every single relevant JRPG?

>best modern jrpg
>best art style
>best battle system
>best world design
>best example of open world
>best mechs
>best armor designs
>best weapon designs
>best sci-fi jrpg

How can one jrpg be so based?

this is exactly what caused me to stop playing after I got my Skell. I was like "YEA FINALLY LETS WRECK SHIT" and then the combat was like "uh...oh...um...ok this blows"

in the forest is literally the only track in xenoblade X that is unironically objectively terrible

shit game that improved on basically nothing chronicles had

>shit unfinished story with cliffhanger that will never get a sequel
>shit characters with annoying garbage jap humor
>terrible design choices, faces look like generic moe anime
>awful pacing of story
>villains are a complete joke, clearly panders to 5 year olds

Exploration is alright with a skell and the gameplay and character building is also fine, the side quests are mostly decent as well

I did prefer the way characters in Chronicles had only skills unique to them however, my character in X felt as generic as they come and I did not feel invested in the story at all

All in all a big dissapointment, I expected something completely different
I wanted a story focused epic with cool cutscenes and big stakes and instead I got this washed up open world garbage jack of all trades that doesn't mesh well

Probably the most fun I've ever had playing a JRPG since ps1/ps2 era

who?

When a new album comes out that I want to listen to I play Xenoblade X since the soundtrack is such a fucking horrible abomination of satan that I have to play my own over it.

much better than its predecessor. Elma was the delicious brown-fu to save jRPGs and she suceeded

10/10 Pure bliss

When even running and jumping in a jrpg surpasses platforming in Mario games, you know this game did so many things right.

What did she mean by this?

>Want this skell
>They don't let you use this skell
FUCK!

The problem with PS4 games is that very few developers push the system far enough to make good use of it since everyone and their mothers uses a different game engine, it appeals more to third parties since they can put whatever they want in it but it will never run as well or be as good as it could have possibly been if they had a specific engine for the console. Since Nintendo knows the ins and outs of the console they can make it perform to the fullest even with shit hardware.

It's a shame, really. It's not even Sony's fault to some extent.

One of the finest examples open world design.

If someone shitpost about the open world is bad design meme, this is one of the few games that is just a flat counterargument.

>Elma was the delicious brown-fu to save jRPGs and she suceeded

KAMEN RAIDAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

>All in all a big dissapointment, I expected something completely different
>I wanted a story focused epic with cool cutscenes and big stakes and instead I got this washed up open world garbage jack of all trades that doesn't mesh well

That's the problem most people have: They expected a Xenoblade Chronicles 2.0 which was not the case even in the trailers

XCX focuses solely on exploration and scale
Every other means such as story or aesthetics are secondary. You are literally stranded on an unkown planet which you have to explore first
They made one of the best game worlds of all time, not even exeggerating here

it's shit

There are only flaws to an otherwise 10/10 JRPG:

>censorship
>720p
>No sound/volume settings

that's literally it.

The game world can be equal to the second coming of Christ for all I care, if there's no motivation to explore then I don't give two shits about some nice looking forest area

I want to lick and ravage that delicious chocolate

This.

Xenoblade X's soundtrack was really diverse and experimental, there were so many clashing genres that shouldn't go together but it somehow worked. I think what scared people from its soundtrack is solely because of how strange it is. It manages to be extremely experimental, and fun/catchy/poppy at the same time.

The only JRPG I can name with a more experimental/out there soundtrack would be Evergrace.
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k
youtube.com/watch?v=CV7p48af-yw

>No sound/volume settings
I CAN'T HEAR YOU

The structure of the game is cobbled together after the previous story focused builds was cancelled half way. The next game hopefully will be more like XB, while maintaining the graphics and engine of XBX.

>New xeno series
>Takahashi finally has an actual chance of finishing perfect works
>Nintoddlers complain that it's not a Xenoblade Chronicles rehash
working for Nintendo was a mistake, now they are forced to rehash the same game over and over again.

There won't be no more rehashes because X flopped and so did the PiiU

>no motivation to explore
You have no soul. Seriously, kill yourself.

Great argument bub, wake me up when you're out of fifth grade

Thank fuck this wasn't Xenoblade Chronicles 2.0.
That game is literally garbage tier, it only got popular because of that youtuber/smash/3ds version/project rainfall.

Xenoblade X sold, purely on it's own, despite literally zero advertising, censorship, really bad story, it stands above so many jrpgs, only gameplay alone. That's speaks volumes about how good this game is, at a generation where the only acceptable from of gameplay is a bayonetta/dmc clone.

2015 GOTY alongside bloodborne

Ground combat and exploration are a huge improvement over the original, side quests are improved, mechs are a great addition, movement is very fun

My biggest gripe is that the soundtrack isn't used as well. There are tracks that blow the original game out of the water but are used like once or twice in the game. If we assume the story is a part 1 like xenosaga it's fine otherwise the loose ends suxk

Takahashi said he's learned from X and his next Xeno game will probably be much more story-driven and maybe return to a traditional, turn-based style. Early builds of the original Xenoblade were turnbased.

In the early builds of X, the main character actually talked,.

Your motivation should be "I wonder what's over there".
If it is not I'm wondering why you're playing videogames

>I think what scared people from its soundtrack is solely because of how strange it is
Which is weird since most people should know Sawanos experimental stuff since Kill La Kill

Sight seeing and boxes full of money, tank tops and jeans aren't especially strong motivators for a lot of people.

>Which is weird since most people should know Sawanos experimental stuff since Kill La Kill
It's not surprising. Xenoblade X was Sawano's first foray into vidya territory. A lot of people probably haven't heard his other stuff because they don't watch animu, let alone meme FOTM animu

best KLK track
youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs

>return to a traditional, turn-based style

If he does this, I'm out. There's over a million clones of that. I'd rather he stays with hybrid and adds some more fighting game traits, without turning it into witcher 3 combat

>return to a traditional, turn-based style
I hope to god not. I like the newer Xenos combat system over something that's done a million times already.

>return to turn based

Fuck that, XCX's combat was way better than XC which was way better than gears/saga

>Manon
>Wrothian
>Nopon
>Prone
>Rock
>Zarubogan
>Dr. B
>Definian
>Orphean
>only playable non humans are blue human and elf human
how did they manage to fuck up this bad?

That's not Gorilla Jaru

youtu.be/NK0DeXfiwdw

>I wonder what's over in the corner of this barren wasteland of a desert
>I wonder what's over in that cave behind 20 minutes of fighting trash mobs

It doesn't work that way, there's no reason to go exploring

If I want pretty visuals and vistas to look at I go to the cinema
Even games like Banjo Kazooie which practically made the exploration game genre the way it now is had collectables with some actual importance

No such thing is in X, there's no motivation for me to go out and collect random shit because I simply have no need for it

Argument for what? If you didn't want to explore every corner of this beautiful handcrafted world, it's something very wrong with you on basis.

Project X Zone and Xenoblade

are both Monolith Soft's creations, both are hybrid action turn-based games. They are not gonna return to pure turn-based, otherwise they would be no market for them. Altus should stick to turn-based, Monolith Soft hybrid, and Square Enix one button linear movies.

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom are my favorite video game soundtracks. Kota Hoshino pushed the boundaries so far he practically created a new genre of music entirely.

Xenoblade X is mostly garbage. Just shit rap with shit rock underneath.

>Just shit rap with shit rock underneath.
That's an incredible oversimplification.

I simply don't find pissing around wasting my time looking at meaningless fluff enjoyable, if the environment doesn't serve a purpose other than simply looking pretty there is no point to it

Besides, exploration is a chore after you get the flight module anyhow

I mean that describes most of the worst songs in the game, which take up a good 70% or so of the playtime.

the number of tracks with rapping don't even make up a tenth of X's soundtrack

kys

yet they take up over 1/3rd of the playtime

aren't there like 2 of them

The combat system on ground just needs a few aspects to make it even better.

>allow jumping and arts to be used simulataneously
>make the monsters/appendages have more weight to them rather than feel like holograms
>Nintendo NX's clickable scroll wheels for faster art swapping and usage.
>Make auto attacks raise TP faster, so there's less waiting.

Even describing those songs, it's still an oversimplification. Black Tar, which is indeed rock and rap, still has much more going on than say nu-metal (which is literally a rock and rap subgenre).
They may be catchy and poppy but they're not really "simple" songs either. They still have a ton going on.

The game kind of shoots itself in the foot when it has you exploring and charting the unknown when there are BLADE camps set up fucking everywhere you go already. The vast majority of items you can find are pretty worthless too.

Why do people think XBX had such better combat? It was the same shit with the more interesting mechanics removed and replaced with far blander ones.

You're either fucking delusional or never learned the combat system properly if you think XC has better combat than Xcx, and this is comming from someone who likes XC more

This.
All exploration in the game is forced on you for the sake of unlocking the next bland main story chapter.

It's just a bad game, plain and simple.

It's a pretty good game, I really hope they make X2.

GHOSTWALKER

dude, such innovation, very complex.

But WHY? I played for 50 hours and nothing felt any different. Secondary cooldowns didn't add shit. Soul voice was dull as fuck. Overdrive is big multipliers for the same shit you do anyway. What makes it so much better?

The ost is way too overdramatic. The soundtrack is pretentious becuase its too epic for its own good, and falsely epic at that. The chord progressions are boring and overall it sounds like a more "commercial" ost than XB's ost. Pure shit. Sawano's a hack. All of his emotional songs sound mawkish like what you'd hear in a commercial pop song. Oversentimental whinging. Death to Sawano.

Nothing, that guy is delusional

It has even less strategic depth as you aren't required to use a certain build or whatever
There's no personality to the combat either, it's just a complete rehash of XCs without the goodies

>It's just a bad game, plain and simple.
Why you even bother with this thread then?

>Why do people think XBX had such better combat? It was the same shit with the more interesting mechanics removed and replaced with far blander ones.

Because clearly you haven't mastered anything and are commenting at surface level. Here's a list of things you can't do in Xenoblade Chronicles.

>Run and use arts at the same time (Sliding Slinger)
>Secondary Cooldown, so it's not just spam arts all day.
>Overdrive reduces cooldown dramatically turning arts into what feels like low start up/end lag fighting game inputs.
>TP Arts, so that TP isn't purely for "Chain Attacks
>Melee/Ranged Combos actual combos
>Trigger happy, Fast Forward and Secondary Acceleration, arts that reduce cooldown in half. XC only has sharla's drive boost art and riki's 15% reduction at best.
>Chain Attacks are literally what happens when you freeze a fighting game and can input 100+ attacks while the opponent can't do anything, difficulty for retards

oh hey, it's that guy again.
Next you are gonna tell me that using the Javelin turns the combat into DMC, right?

>the soundtrack is pretentious
>the soundtrack is overdramatic
You literally just contradicted yourself.

Even then, it's hardly even pretentious, most of the soundtrack consists of poppy/catchy melodies and very rarely takes itself seriously or has serious undertones. The experimentation comes from the amount of clashing genres in nearly every track that gives the OST it's own unique that you can't find in any other media save for Sawano's other work. A lot of the tracks may sound like a pop song on a surface level solely because of the progressions and vocals, but when you dig deeper down into the actual instrumentation used it's an extremely unique soundtrack and gives the OST it's very own personality that you can't find elsewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=RykrC7HPMKo

it's own unique sound*

What are you so hung up on fighting games for?

Xenoblade is a RPG for fucks sake

So what, its faster paced and that's about it? Or are you seriously telling me that moving and using an art at the same time is a gigantic improvement on the battle system?

that sounds like some eh reh levels of missmatched shit.

Don't know who you are referring to, but clearly, you don't have an argument.

It's actually detrimental as it takes away from the strategic positioning you are supposed to keep in mind

It's isn't? You really want to move your control stick and see that you can't press anything?

Why do you think Bayonetta/DMC combat is popular, because it's slow? Why do you think high input lag/startup and endlag characters suck? Because for an action game to feel fun, controls need to feel responsive and quick. Something Xenoblade Wii failed to accomplish being a hybrid system.

>1:52

It's pretentious precisely because it is overdramatic - it's epic for the sake of being epic, which is why it sounds so false to me. Perhaps I just feel so anaesthetised to Sawano's big epic gay drops because they all sound the same. Phoned-in. And the melodies all sound so similar like they're processed through a computer algorithm along with a cliché dubstep-esque beat with a snare drum that sounds like someone ferociously banging on an oil drum with overwrought vocals screaming over the top that have the subtlety of a sledgehammer. The Xeno games are better when they're soundtracked by the delicateness and subtlety of Mitsuda's music. The chord progressions are boring and generic, no better than what you'd hear from bands like Linkin Park or any other mainstream "alternative" rock/pop band, and most songs stay on the same few chords throughout their entirety. Underneath all of the bluster and overwrought bombast, the music is rather shallow.

It really doesn't bother me that much, no. Because the actual content of the battle system was slimmed down pretty bad. Yeah, you can customize your character more but what fucking good is it when it's not particularly fun to play? Chopping down my cool downs doesn't do shit to change what i am actually doing. I'm perfectly happy playing strictly turn based games like Etrian Odyssey. Hitting buttons more often doesn't make a game any more fun for me.

not sure if you are defending the post or not, assuming you are

name me one position based art that is actually good in XCX.

exactly, there are none.

>Using Nagi, Yelv and Celica for side missions
>Want to use them for the next story mission
>No fuck you, you will use these other 2 party members and ONLY these 2 party members!

This was such a fucking retarded idea and it made swapping party for side shit/story shit members a huge pain in the ass.

Are you iliterate? How did you get the impression that I was somehow """"defending"""" anything?

You do know what the word detrimental means, yes?

you're taking sawana too seriously lad

his music is literally just over the top shonen anime music

It'd be fine if the game had something like a convenient menu for swapping your party members in and out anywhere.

Almost like Final Fantasy VI or VII. You know, games from 20 fucking years ago. HELL ALMOST LIKE THE FIRST XENOBLADE CHRONICLES.

The whole soundtrack screams "Look at me, look at me, look at me!"

I can't think of any shonen anime with music that fucking outright terrible.

Agreed.
WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

>It really doesn't bother me that much

And that's fine, but most people avoid JRPGs because it's slow. To have a jrpg like XCX that isn't like that is a breath of fresh air.

But here's my opinion on turn based:
All SRPGs > Turn-based RPGS

Because SRPGs have to deal with positioning, and combat. A good example would be last remnant. Those are great examples of turn based rpgs. Etrian Odessy at it's core is still no different from older FF.

You cropped out the user scores, broseph.

What amazes me the most about XCX is how Sonyponies still argue that all good quality screenshots from the game, no matter the resolution, are somehow photoshopped. They are so used to bullshots that seeing a game like this one running on a Wii U is literally unbelievable to them.
Some actually believe that screenshots with muddy screen text have not been tampered with and are the original product. This happened yesterday!

Props to monolithsoft for actually making these kinds of huge worlds work on shit hardware. Glad they are also working on BotW.

It was even worse than xenoblade, just let it go already guys.

>We're going to be having BotW vs Horizion shitpost threads for decades

>everyone in BLADE has different jobs
>don't need to take Hope with you to make contact with new alien species
>don't have to take Yelv with you when securing Lifehold pieces
it would have been so easy to work all those different characters into the main story and give them some more characterization but they fucked up.

The only time they did it right was when you meet up with Lao for the first time, and even than they should have made it so that Lao escorts your team through Noctilum since he's a Pathfinder afterall and obviously should have scouted ahead.

There are enough places where they could have naturally fit in cutscenes like when you get to that giant broken tree or to the giant robot in the water area.

Heck, they could have even shown a flashback of Lao stumbling upon the Vita while scouting the area for the first time and than have him learn about Luxaar when he sees some Ganglions and Prones get rekt by the tainted.

>What amazes me the most about XCX is how Sonyponies still argue that all good quality screenshots from the game, no matter the resolution, are somehow photoshopped.
All my captured screens considered as bullshots on /v.

Nah, horizon, like almost every sony product, gonna be forgotten 2-3 months after release, while BotW is a Zelda game.

What dense retard did you find here that called this a bullshot. You took an already jagged low LOD pic and UPSCALED it, its puke tier.

>UPSCALED it
Never heard of capture cards?

Its upscaling. The game doesn't output at full HD, anything higher is stretching out the image.

Horizon doesn't seem like a bad game and does have potential, but the guys try hard to bullshit the game even during the gameplay trailers when they try to make things look oh so realistic. There's this rope trap thing that is very cool and you got a slide mechanic, they slide below the trap in an earlier part of the trailer and later you can see the character pass by another trap as if it didn't exist.
It sounds and looks good but I don't trust the devs on this... It's a shame, really.

FFXV threads. They get triggered easily whenever they see a pic or even this combination of letters: XCX.
They go full rabid.
Yours do look like upscaled pics though since you can see that the pic is not as crisp as it should be. Specially when letters appear. Cap cards are cool though, which one do you use?

>get the red orb in the small cave behind the fucking plant and crabs

>which one do you use?
Avermedia HD Lite.

Just, RUN! Like, literally!

This one looks much crispier than XCX. That's one good pic, right there.

To think there was a time when people thought XV would shit all over XCX.

Oh how you have fallen, Square. If you had just used Xenogears for FF7, Square would have remained Square and not Square-Enix.

Hironobu Sakaguchi,Tetsuya Takahashi, Yūji Horii all under the same roof.

nah, it's gonna be better than Xenoshit.

>This one looks much crispier than XCX
Some screens looks really good, some of them have jaggies.

One thing I'm sure is that all Wii U games looks great in motion. Don't know why.

Squaresoft Takahashi was all bark, no bite. That's why Xenogears turned out to be a bad game, albeit one with pretty good ideas.

XV has some promise and things have been looking better in recent trailers. We'll wait and see. One thing's true though, XV does have a larger audience in mind so it might be well accepted much easier than XCX ever was.

I'll just be waiting for the blunder threads on release day, while metacritic scores drop day by day.

Good luck to you FFXV-kun, you will need it lol.

Because they don't care about bullshots when they try to prove a point of how good a game is. If they want to show something they show it as it is.

I put 120 hrs in this game and had a blast for each hour.

I hope the next XC is as good.

Most disappointing game of 2015 if MGSV didn't exist.

>That's why Xenogears turned out to be a bad game

Yeah when the head of square literally goes up to you and says, "were cutting your funding by 90% for Xenogears and copying all your ideas for FF7. Also you are banned from using 3d models, and we are making your deadline earlier," ~~toodles~~

Yup bad game in-deed.

Oh I'm sure it'll sell, but I highly doubt it will be anywhere near the best selling Final Fantasy. I predict it would be the worst selling console Final fantasy. But the more people play, the more apparent and loud the criticism.

Business is fucked up. Too bad that some of those ideas are now FF staples.

1. That doesn't excuse the game for being bad
2. That never fucking happened

>“Because of scheduling problems, some events were cut,” says Tadahiro Usada, designer of monsters and NPC Characters in the game. “And some of them were where an NPC would appear once. And some of those were my designs…Ah well, just bad luck I guess. It isn’t the first time (laughs). ‘What, another one of my characters~…’ is what I said, and I was pretty blue that day. The ones I liked the best out of all, were the Aveh soldiers.”
These scheduling problems and the ever expanding storyline would turn out to be the main problem with Xenogears’ development, in contrast to the rumor that Square cut the budget – an assumption made purely by fans who felt a need to justify the approach taken for the 2nd disc of the game to its detractors, but with no basis in reality. Other fans suggest that disc 2 was always meant to be like that, but this is most certainly not correct, since even Perfect Works include an essay from a university student that pointed out that Disc 2 was a flaw:

>“…the story in Xenogears wasn’t finished. And not just limited to the monologue. It wouldn’t have been so simple to make it like the game of disc 1. Probably, it’s as finished as it ever will be. Maybe if the players are aggravated enough, it could be redone in the future.”
– Sawaduki You (Xenogears: Perfect Works, ‘The Xenogears Experience’)

>Furthermore, Xenogears mainly suffered because the budget was smaller than a Final Fantasy title to begin with, and as cited earlier Takahashi actually asked for more money, so they could feature stuff like the Anime cutscenes. If fans want to justify the incompleteness of the game, it is more appropriate to point out that Xenogears didn’t have a very large budget to begin with, and Square didn’t much care.

betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/

going back into X to finally finish up all the endgame stuff.

What do I need to farm for Telethia, do I just put XX augments on my Ares 90 or do I give every character a good level 60 skell?

Where do I farm all the augment shit?

What augments do I need and how many?

Do I need the treasure hunter stuff and if so where do I get it?

How do I get good with overdrive?

What do I listen to in the background while farming all that shit?

>Yuji Horii
He's from Enix.

It's been the same with Namco/Bandai.

So far Nintendo is the only one that has treated them well.

>Lets take the GOAT that is CodenameZ and add shitty vocals to it

Just why?

But Lao connected 4 first
This is bullshit

>Furthermore, Xenogears mainly suffered because the budget was smaller than a Final Fantasy title to begin with, and as cited earlier Takahashi actually asked for more money, so they could feature stuff like the Anime cutscenes. If fans want to justify the incompleteness of the game, it is more appropriate to point out that Xenogears didn’t have a very large budget to begin with, and Square didn’t much care

Paraphrasing for:
"were cutting your funding by 90% for Xenogears and copying all your ideas for FF7. Also you are banned from using 3d models, and we are making your deadline earlier,"

it's like konami saying it wasn't their fault MGSV is incomplete.

The budget wasn't cut - the team underestimated the project's scope and went over their initial budget. Read the actual quote, you dolt. It says that flat out.

>Ultrafauna Slayer + Diskbombs weapon
>birdonwheels5.no-ip.org/xenoblade/index.php
>each armor can have 1 slot, and each weapon 3 slots. L's shop adds slots , do his affinity quest.
>birdonwheels5.no-ip.org/xenoblade/index.php
>gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73038334
>Sylvalum night

Could you be less butthurt, you fucking waifufag?
>b-but muh delicious brown

So that's square's fault, not takahashi's

She has the personality of a fucking brick wall.
You limp dick fags only like her because of muh delicious brown meme.

>It's been the same with Namco/Bandai.
How so, what happened?

yeah because she's literally KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, it's a direct reference to her personality

Only thing hidden is the UI text

Jesus Christ.

No, Jesus Christ is a guy.

It's the fault of both, honestly. Takahashi didn't properly scope the project when he presented it to Square and kept adding shit to the game, eventually going over its budget and schedule constraints. Square, on the other hand, didn't care enough to expand Gears' budget and schedule too much past the original estimate. It's a shame either way, Xenogears could have been a really good game, and not an unfinished hunk of junk.

Really boring. I loved the first Xenoblade but I dropped X within the first 5 chapters. I've rarely regretted a full price purchase that much.

Read this betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/

short version:
>signed a contract for 6 games for six episodes of perfect works with namco/bandai
>xenosaga 1 flopped
>namco/bandai wnet full tyrant on xenosaga 2, and had full control on story censorship everything
>takahashi's wife literally 1 step away from committing suicide
>takahashi said, it's no longer safe for his wife to work
>xenosaga 2 turned to absolute garbage worse than saga 1.
>xenosaga 3, namco bandai said, "were cutting your finding and reducing 6 games to 3" cram it all in, but this is the only funding we'll give you
>Namco sold Monolith Soft to Nintendo while keeping all the IP.
>KOS-MOS now just guest starts in Namco/bandai their fighting games/rpgs

>Cred Forums hates xenogears now
w-what happened?

I bought a Wii U just for this and had to sell it afterwards
Lost 200€ in the process but hey i learned something : never buy a console ever again.

Not hidden, not a gem.

Robots and exploration/customization are cool, characters and plot are half baked, gameplay is repetitive/annoying/uninvolved

People made a huge deal over a slider

The real hidden gems were the sidequests and story expansion moments that weren't asinine

This. Xenoblade was relatively simple but fun, and incredibly impressive for the system. XCX is just a blander, more boring Xenoblade with worse music and terrible characters.

Personally I loved it. It will easily be within the top three JRPGs of the 8th generation.

Both NLA songs are fucking awful

True, but halfway through the game it gets replaced by the greatest normal battle theme ever. youtube.com/watch?v=oGw5kwHl_LU

milenials who grew up with action games and skyrim

You sound like you'd enjoy No Man's Sky.

Playing it for the first time currently and having a blast.
The sewer level was fucking awful though and that entire arc felt like bad filler.
Everything else was 10/10 so far.

Only in mechonis though. XC has a pretty good soundtrack overall, one of the best so anything in comparison that is just good actually sounds bad and XCX also suffered from that.

I don't see Xenogears hate here. We were actually discussing how good it could have been if Square hadn't cut the development's legs.

Why do pretentious and overdramatic not correlate? So many of the tracks are overly epic for little reason.

I've literally seen threads with XCX shills telling people to adjust their TV settings or add contrast to screenshots to make the game look more colourful.

best girl

"hidden" """""""""""""""""""""""gem"""""""""""""""""""""""

i think just increasing the color does wonders.

Contrast and Black level as well.

But I vouch for motion blurring, it'll make the game feel 60fps.

beautiful game, the one game that PC wants emulation and mod support for from Wii U.

Because its true? It improves the look of most WiiU games

>adjust their TV settings
This is true for all Wii U games due to the cable the system uses. It influences direct tv quality. This is also what happened with BotW and why it looks so pale in some trailers yet much more vivid when watched offscreen. Nintendo should have solved this cable issue a long time ago but it's not even hard to deal with.

Add contrast and such might have been related to that since some capture devices go for the native quality and fail to get the tv optimization. That's all I know, but since this is Cred Forums I wouldn't doubt it if there were some people doing big bullshots.

>But I vouch for motion blurring, it'll make the game feel 60fps.
What the fuck does that even mean?

>Emultating X
>Having to do the endgame with no access to the online server
Nope.

adjusting TV settings works wonders for X since the colors are way to washed out for the artstyle of the game.

frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Dude, what?

that's why I said mod support

So cheating?

; )

Overdrive time baby!

no you retard I know what fps means, how the fuck does motion blur make it """feel""" 60 fps?
they can just input commands to spawn tickets

>This is true for all Wii U games due to the cable the system uses. It influences direct tv quality
Care to explain how?

Can't even use tickets without online m8

I'd like to call it, customizability

That's a made up word, I like it. You've got moxie, kid.

they can just input commands to spawn materials then.

So cheating?

; )

These are the people who shill XBX

Why are you samefagging m8

And?

eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-nintendo-wii-u-review

Search for RGB to check each part about the colour. The most important one is this paragraph:
>However, there is some unwelcome news - specifically that the HDMI output is locked to limited-range RGB only, with footage from all games we've captured thus far revealing absolutely no information in the 0-16 or 235-255 areas. Many digital displays - PC monitors in particular - don't operate correctly with limited-range RGB, giving washed out colours principally defined by blacks being more grey-like in nature. This is something Nintendo really needs to address as a matter of urgency - it's the most basic of omissions, something that Sony and Microsoft resolved to everyone's satisfaction many, many years ago.

I would have never know about this if I had not read it. Basically what they do is make the tv work in their favour by letting it actually use the in built functions it has, like in the old days. Since my tv is usually a bit contrast heavy (so it's easier to read subtitles, my eyes are shit) I never really noticed anything aside from the difference in colour from screenshots and tv. And let me tell you, it does make a difference.

smoothening motion.

You should know that human eyes use non-linear motion blur. That's why things beyond 60fps we can still see but blurring all the intermediate frames together.

I bet you're the kind of guy that plays games on easy mode.

Endless grinding isn't difficult you fucking retard, its just tedious.

Is this why direct capture always looks shit if not taken from the TV

Trying the same area endlessly because you're not good enough isn't difficulty, it's tedious.

Are you just going to post non-sequitirs now

Are you?

Yes. That's what I was saying about BotW earlier. Trailers are crispier in terms of quality since they are direct captures but lack colour, however if you check the offscreen plays the colours are all much more vibrant and the game looks better overall.
Many people complained about it and that's one of the reasons that made me look up this article since I knew I had seen something about it somewhere before.

Huh. Interesting.

I've got a mode on my TV specially for the WiiU anyway so I'm good

I wasn't though, only you were.

>more than one person can't think my retarded claim is retarded
I'm neither of the other two guys.

I'm not the cheater, m8

False.

I don't hate it, but it is a bad game. Besides, half the people who act like it's the best thing ever haven't played it in like a decade.

So you're triggered over people who potentially emulate the game using console commands?
Thats some serious assmad.
Its not like anyone actually enjoys one-shotting Feliciano, the All-Seeing over and over again just hoping to get equipment with the right perks.

wii u only support limited RGB 16-235, and most people have their TV set to full RGB 0-255. So if you don't adjust your TV to limited, you will get washed out colours because it's attempting to display a range it can't read.

No need to adjust contrast or any other setting, just that one. I'm not sure if wii u owners are aware of this or not.

>triggered
Back to tumblr, kid

They actually played it instead of acting like they had played it.

Honestly, Xenogears story with X battle system would be a goat

>I have no argument
lol
Getting triggered over words is tumblr behavior. Better head back.

This is essentially this on PC GPUs

What's that mode? Some tvs have specific names depending on the brand so I'm just checking if I'm running the same as you.
Alternatively, and considering I didn't understand it wrong, if I use the component cable I'm supposed to get a better colour quality than the one we get if we use the HDMI cable.
I also had to switch my tv to "game mode" or whatever since I had display/input lag on all consoles, that's what actually bugged me the most.

>complains about non sequiturs used as arguments then uses a non sequitur as an argument
Yep, that's nu male tumblr behaviour. Back to tumblr, kid.

user, you know that only casuals think grinding makes a game difficult right?
I'm almost embarrassed for you.

>What's that mode?
It's just a setting I made for XBCX, saved as "WiiU" and then noticed it made every other game look better too.

It's a 52" Toshiba LED with colour +15, sharpness +10 and contrast +15

Keep going kid, this is getting funny

>I'm not sure if wii u owners are aware of this or not.
Most are not aware, proof of this are the comments made to BotW during the reveal. Many people still shit on the game for having washed out colours when what they are actually missing the point there.

People are retarded and will shit on something instead of searching for information.
I'm glad I searched about it but like I said, I'm sure most of the Wii U owners have no idea this even exists. Heck, I'm not even sure most reviewers know about this!

>hidden
not even slightly

>if I use the component cable I'm supposed to get a better colour quality than the one we get if we use the HDMI cable.

No.

use HDMI and set your TV to limited RGB when you're playing on the wii u. On other consoles (xbone and ps4) you can change between limited and full in settings, while the wii u only supports limited.

Nice damage control, maybe it'll make people think you didn't get BTFO.

>After NX Reveal
>Screen Pans
>Monolith Soft Logo Appears
>Red X appears
>Square Enix Logo Appears
>Red Mech Face turns on
>2017

Are you done kid? You've already admitted you're a cheater who would take the easy route if you could, so I've no point left to "win" as I've already won. But yeah, keep damage controlling, it's hilarious.

>Most are not aware
Well I mean, it would be nice if Nintendo said something about it. Like "hey guys, Wii U games generally look best with these settings" instead of just pretending the Wii U isn't underpowered.

The problem is that all TV's are different.

Mine's a Panasonic, it has various modes you can choose and then you can further change the options on them if you wish. I don't know yet if I can save a specific mode since it seems to save the settings for each channel separately. I noticed this when I changed the console and cable tv cables.
Do you have any issues with display/input lag with newer and older consoles?

Thanks for the info btw, I appreciate it.

>Most are not aware, proof of this are the comments made to BotW during the reveal. Many people still shit on the game for having washed out colours when what they are actually missing the point there.

nintendo is as much to blame as stupid users are. If you play wii games on the wii u, full RGB is supported. For some reason that setting is not present on the wii u.

a lot of people will automatically assume that limited is much worse than full as well, since "well uh limited it limited doesnt that suck?"

as long as your system and TV matches, you're good. There should have been a message about this when you boot up the wii u for the first time...

>You've already admitted you're a cheater who would take the easy route if you could
So would everyone else. No one actually enjoys grinding dozens of hours for mats to make augments just so you can one-shot a superboss before it one shots you. Most people agree the post-game is far too grindy.
If you actually think the postgame grindfest is some badge of honor then you probably have autism.

I just want my mech already.

>Everyone else would do it so it's okay!
Fucking pathetic kid. Pathetic.

So tell me, you actually enjoyed fighting Neilnails and shit over and over so you could get their materials?
You actually enjoyed one-shotting Xe-doms and Sylooths over and over, having to head back and refill your skell, then repeating over and over hoping RNG doesn't fuck you over on drops?
You have autism if you actually that makes you good at the game. Doing the same shit everybody else did but doing an extra 800 times doesn't mean you have more skill, most it could mean is that you have more free time, or Wii U is your only console and you have nothing else to play.

Your mech is a power and exploration upgrade. If they gave it to you straight away rather than the 1/3 point of the story then it wouldn't be as special.

At 2/3 of the way through you get another upgrade by getting the flight module.

I was assuming it from this part of the previews review
>many users may well find that they get a more vibrant picture by using the legacy component outputs.
By legacy component I assumed they were talking about the older cables that also come with the console.

Yeah, it would be nice but think about it for a sec. Even if they did, kids messing up with all kinds of different tvs and settings... Even back when tvs were simpler that was a huge problem. Older users would not have a problem with this and most people already diss out the Wii U for shit graphics and would do it with or without a better colour range. In the end it would be the same.

>If you play wii games on the wii u, full RGB is supported.
Shit, this IS stupid! Why did they disable it then?

And also, it's just as you say, for people who do not understand "limited" is indeed worse so they don't even touch it as they think they are using the most optimized settings. A message would indeed be the best option. Have a Rock

Are you done? Because this has gotten extremely sad. If you want to cheat, whatever, but trying to justify it by repeatedly saying you're a lazy fuck is just fucking lol kid

>by repeatedly saying you're a lazy fuck
>coming from a NEET who spent 100+ hours of the game not even on quests but on a fucking repetitive grind just so he could one shot the enemy

>Oh shit I have no response
>N-neet!

Just leave.

Now that I look at this again I realise that the guy who took all these pictures played the whole game without knowing about the tv settings. Either that or the capture card was kinda shit.

Fuck off kid. You got BTFO and everyone can see it.

>Shit, this IS stupid! Why did they disable it then?

nintendo.

seriously, there's a hidden setting in the wii u menu by holding down on the D-Pad, press and hold the + and - buttons and keep holding them until you see added image.

helps if you play digital and the drive keeps spinning down every other minute, causing stuttering and slow loading.

And there it is. Are you done? You've been BTFO to the point where you're getting angry on the internet.

Fucking pathetic. Just leave, kid.

is there any way to balance out the super bosses without countless hours of grinding and not just resorting to boring one shot kill shit?

Everyone can see that you got butthurt and acted like a triggered little passive aggressive bitch over people who emulate using console commands.
Like seriously how pathetic can you get.

Learn how to play the game and building your character correctly?

Yeah I discovered this as well. NX has a lot of things to fix way worse than graphics and power.

>Still going
Let it all out, kid. Come on.

no
endgame balance is a joke

i killed neilnails, if you can,t do it in under 10 seconds you are a shitter, please kill yourself already, dumb tard.

Felt inferior to XC in almost every single way.
Mechs were cool, but that's about all I liked.

Also Tatsu ruined the entire game.

Not the other guy but isn't it advisable to keep it enabled if you have the digital games saved on a usb drive? I'm sorry, I AM kinda dumb when it comes to stuff like this.

Does anybody who uses the word shill even know what it means?

>Gettig BTFO so fucking hard about someone calling you a cheater that you reply for twenty minutes

This isnt normal behaviour

You done?

Grow up kid

by reading the ~200 page manual, coming up with strategies, doing your research, planning ahead, you know, actually putting in effort.

>building your character
requires dozens of hours of grinding to make augments. You can't beat the endgame bosses with "naked" equipment, not even Ares 90 can.

dont even care about graphics and power that much, but shit like not being able to output all game audio through the gamepad, changing RGB setting etc are high on my shit list as to why I didnt fully love my wii u.

still, it's my most used console...

Learn how to overdrive in a broken way. If you need a skell then you also need to farm. Treasure Hunter sets from the store are very useful and almost guarantee the drops you need. The endgame is really unbalanced.

>>Gettig BTFO so fucking hard about someone calling you a crybaby that you reply for twenty minutes
This isnt normal behaviour

>requires dozens of hours of grinding to make augments
Lol?

You're implying that it takes minimum 24 hours to get...a few augments?

No. No it doesnt. Christ, the reputation of this game has gotten well and truly out of hand.

I thought Wii U was way better than Wii in the long run, if it wasn't for Homebrew.

You done? Good. Go hit the showers, wash the shame from yourself, and get a clue you pathetic fuck.

you don't want your USB drive to power down while you're using the console. Here's a quote to explain it:

>Let's say you are playing a game in where you don't save often and the drive spins down. Then, an epic cutscene comes up and the game saves before a boss and instead of doing it and moving on, the game gets delayed, possibly even choppy, while the drive is spun up again to save your game.

(You)

>Oh shit I've got no reply...
>But I simply MUST get the last word!

Pathetic.