why is this allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uEA9QSM1BUU
youtube.com/watch?v=zXVlwe6oCww
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2jRmsVed0
ssbwiki.com/Parry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn to read fag.

>its another armchair game designers that think they know hiw games should be designed thread

>anime fighting games
found your problem

That looks reasonable to me, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=uEA9QSM1BUU

>it's another "you'd think video game designers wouldn't make such FUCKING TERRIBLE decisions" because it's THEIR JOB game

should be more diagonal than r shaped and slightly less longer

god knows I know how gimped grapple characters are, but this is too much

You're not supposed to be thinking of the hitboxes with this sort of picture, user.

You're supposed to be thinking about just from how far away such a cute girl can snap her arm out, and crush your testacles in her vampiric-strength grip, while looking you in the eyes and asking if you're a liar too.

God this explains so much
Fuck fighting her
Harder than most bosses

warui ne

Jesus christ how have I not seen this

That looks like an extreme case. Maybe you should stop playing shitty doujin games.
>it's another "how dare you question any aspect of game design" post
What's next?
"I'd like to see YOU try and make a game"

>inb4 not a fighting game

Is this normal or is there something going on?

lool cool game retards

Bowser is easy to fight tho

You don't know how hitboxes work or are designed, kys

is Melty Blood really considered a doujin game at this point

in 4 when you pivot (that is, turn around), you gain an increased grab range, it's intentional since they even mention it in the in-game tips

Why not just make it so it fills up the whole screen?

ooOooh, cause there are no other supers in the game that are bullshit

aren't most of the retarded supers exs which requires counter?

I think ALL of them require a perfect guard, some of them even need a crouching guard? Which is fucking ridiculous, since all you need to do is not do a low attack to completely invalidate them. Hell, just throw in overheads to fuck with them since they'll probably be trying to fish for it when they go Blood Heat

Because she's shit tier

If we're going to complain about hitboxes, what do people think of Under Night? I really like it, but I do understand some of the complaints about the size of everyone's attack hitboxes. For some reason I'm in love with Eltnum but I can't use Sion to save my life despite the two of them being literally the same person.

Sion is easy as shit
Just use the gun

Easy to punish though, especially if you need to reload.

They shouldn't. Because everyone knows that hitboxes should change to hit circles on characters or something like Toribash.

UNIEL is great, most of the full-screen complaints comes from Gordeau being Gordeau

no she's not retard
straight from the jp arcades

Didn't they try that in Vanilla SF4 and everyone hated it?

Bowser's pivot is insanely huge as it is, and Wii Fit trainer's hurt box is extended towards bowser because of back air

I want to fuck Sacchin.

Who the fuck made this? Why would you place the orange text like that and make it hard to read?

someone on twitter, don't remember who

Post Melee Marth's grab range next :^)

here you go my dude

I'm going to play her route someday!

maybe I'll even figure out what the fuck the cannon on the roof of the school +Disc talked about even does!

Her what now? Root? I don't think she has one of those.

isn't it sad sacchin

Who are we talking about again

I forget

Oh, I think I know. She's that girl from.... uh, you know the one! That one comedy group, yeah! I used to love that show, it was called-...

Why did she live such a hard life?

The Back Alley Duo!
Roastbeef and Purple Autism-chan!

Big Tsukihime fan but never played a fighting game before. Is this worth picking up?

zea

Never played a fighting game before? It's a fun fighting game and all but it's noooooooooot for beginners at all. Still, you might have fun learning the mechanics and getting use to fighters.

By the way, who does everyone main? I haven't really settled on one yet, but I do like Neko Chaos purely because I think it's funny.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with the story modes in them too. Playing them in the right order to get the most impact is probably smart if you too are a plotfag

music is also fuckin tight
youtube.com/watch?v=zXVlwe6oCww
SUGOISUGOI

The music is good, except for that one fucking stage. You know, the forest where everything is on fire and all you hear are annoying sirens?

>armchair
back2reddit with you faggot.

Thats why 2D sprite games should stay in the 90s and pixelated shit should stay in the 80s.

For being a kid of mid 80s to mid 90s, i cant tell you enough how much i fucking hate games back then limited due to the graphics they have.

Now instead of improving with the advancements we go backwards. What they fuck is wrong with gen-z fuckheads players and gen-x developers ?

what does that have to do with hitboxes?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2jRmsVed0 ?

best be careful if you're shittalking about the ogre's stage user

you may lose your head

So can we agree that this is the most hype ending of them all?

Why is there a giant neco arc in that stage?

and they complain about melee marth grab lmfao

Because your image doesn't include the visual whirlwind effect that shoots out to where those red boxes are.

this one requires pivoting, and WFT extended her hurtbox

marth grab doesn't, it's still worse

That looks busted from any angle. Unless she has complete shit mobility/buttons/utility/literallyfuckingeverythingelse this has no business in any fighting game.

It better be active for only one frame and have immense amounts of recovery.

looks fine to me retard

it's easily punishable. If you get grabbed though you're in for that satsuki anal rodeo combo

I'm shit at the game and only got it cause my waifu is from Tsukihime, but I "main" T. Akiha.

That would hurt the OP's supposed point, so of course it's excluded.

「 」 can KILL planets!

those orbs seem small due to 2d perspective but they're long

also notice how yoshi has a retarded grab hitbox that he outright misses close ups

see

Look again, I bet you use marth and try to defend your self saying your character isnt broken

Melds is a broken game, there is far more broken stuff than Marth's grab.

Yoshi's grab has windup. Marth's doesn't. You're supposed to nab people who are trying to tun into you with Yoshi's grab. Since Marth's comes out INSTANTLY it needs range or it wouldn't be able to grab anyone at all...

yoshi's hitbox is actually broken, it goes outside of the 2D plane where the characters hurtboxes are

>yoshi's grab sucks so marth is broken
>where marths hitbox is actually pretty accurate to the animation

I play puff btw yes bair is stupid lmfao

man what happened to Yoshi in Melee and Brawl

dunno about brawl but he's still pretty decent in melee, he's got some neat tools like parrying but not being able to jump out of shield and that awful grab is pretty shitty

he still has those problems in Brawl

they almost brought him back to 64 level in 4

also what, everyone can "parry" in Smash

power shield? yes
parry? no

ssbwiki.com/Parry

No, a powershield is not a parry.
Yoshi has a special "powershield" which lets him "parry" anything, even grabs. It also has a bigger window (6frames) opposed to the 2-3f frames of the powershield.

huh, always thought timed shielding has those effects too like quick recovery and deflection

so basically for Yoshi it's that but better?

if you powershield you still have the shield animation come up for a few seconds, yoshi's parry is like instant

The hitbox doesn't seem retarded to me. Seems fair for a attack that aims at jumping idiots.

Holy fuck.

>literally (you)

>nips
>good at game design
Pick one

Does anyone else just love UNIEL?

in some games, you can block it

>garbage game having garbage hitboxes

>why is this allowed
because in this casual era, devs know plebes only want bright colours and DLC

>garbage scrub with garbage excuses for his losses
>whines about it on a cantonese webm site