Are there any games where the strongest person in the game is just some random character who doesn't have a huge role...

Are there any games where the strongest person in the game is just some random character who doesn't have a huge role in the story or is never explained?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZZouiWmzWoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my nigga donnel

Lufia 2

ebin

Demon Soul's Old King Doran.

Was Tom Bombadil in any of the LOTR games?

I SAID WAS TOM BOMBADIL IN ANY OF THE LOTR GAMES?

Iron Tarkus in Dark Souls is probably the most ridiculous overpowered summon in the series

The only think that really comes to mind is from non videogame stuff.

Combustion man from the Avatar cartoon was absolutely one of the strongest people in the show, but had next to not backstory and never spoke a single word.

Ace from RubyQuest just some random janitor but he ended up being monstrously strong, enough to freak out all the eldrich abominations that existed there.

I suppose in the context of Kingdom hearts you would have sephiroth.

Arguably, Drizzt in Baldur's Gate. Although if you've read those DnD novels or know a lot about Forgotten Realms, you can't really call him a random character.

But if you're not familiar with his backstory from sources outside the game, all you get is a few lines about how he's a great adventurer. You meet him once in a brief encounter on a wilderness map, he offers a few words of advice, and leaves. But if you try and fight him he's about as tough as the final boss.

I SAID THE ONLY THINK THAT REALLY COMES TO MIND IS FROM NON VIDEOGAME STUFF.

COMBUSTION MAN FROM AVATAR CARTOON WAS ABSOLUTELY ON OF THE STRONGEST PEOPLE IN THE SHOW, BUT HAD NEXT TO NOT BACKSTORY AND NEVER SPOKE A SINGLE WORD.

ACE FROM RUBYQUEST JUST SOME RANDOM JANITOR BUT HE ENDED UP BEING MONSTROUSLY STRONG, ENOUGH TO FREAK OUT ALL THE ELDRICH ABOMINATIONS THAT EXISTED THERE.

I SUPPOSE IN THE CONTEXT OF KINGDOM HEARTS YOU WOULD HAVE SEPHIROTH OK??

Exile in Armored Core 3. He's just some random asshole with a shitty arena ranking who can casually wreck you.

Why the fuck are you replying to my post like that?

Mr skeletal from you know what probably counts.
Peace Walker / Portable Ops / MGSV from a gameplay perspective, you can get soldiers that have far better stats then big boss, who is the legendary unstoppable soldier story wise.
You have the man in the suit from RDR.
The Dog from Deadly Premonition / Silent Hill 2 might count.

HEY I ASKED YOU A QUESTION

Ruby quest was almost 10 years ago

Arguably Sans from Undermeme. Yes he's some type of scientist but that explains fuckall

youtu.be/ZZouiWmzWoY

>random character turns out to be the strongest person in the game
>gets bored and never comes back

mobile shit warning

Arguably that John Cleese guy in Jade Empire who was the only dude in the game with a fucking gun.

Elizabeth and Margaret from Persona 3 and 4 should count as well since they're secret bosses, I believe the toughest fights in their respective games, and serve a very minimal role in the plot.

The Outsider in Dishonored is the most powerful being in the universe, and he doesn't do much of anything besides giving Corvo powers.

Don't really know who else...

Oh, Valkyria Chronicles. That old guy voiced by Quinton Flynn. It's hinted he's actually a retired general from the last war who was friends with Welkin's late father, the best military strategist who ever lived. He's probably ten times the tactician that Welkin or anyone else in the war is, but he doesn't do a single thing other than give Welkin a bunch of orders.

The Leviathans in the Mass Effect series count as well, they're the most powerful organic beings in the world but sit out almost the entirety of the action.

All I can think of but I'm sure there are a ton I'm forgetting.

In Legend of Korra you learn about this guy named Yakone. He's literally just some nobody gangster asshole dude, who just happens to be the most powerful waterbender in the entire world. He was able to bloodbend without a full moon, it took Aang's avatar state to bring him down after he successfully paralyzed Aang, Toph, and about fifty other people at once.

thats a nice doggo

Thanks. Doggas are cool.

Galacta Knight from Kirby. He's claimed to be the strongest warrior in the galaxy, but he doesn't have a whole lot of explanation/backstory.

Huskies/Malamutes are some of the nicest, friendliest dogs, and their fur is really cuddly. They're my favorites.

huskies are some sexy looking dogs for sure

yeah, him as well

Did you retype that in caps?

Life.

FREDDIE

The I Know You guy from RDR?

Yeah he was pretty baller

This. And he is literally in the first level. tutorial and warp room are not counted as levels