What do you think about preordering games? Do you preorder them?

What do you think about preordering games? Do you preorder them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-B1kUSdGuQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a retarded concept

It's a practice supported by jews and redditors.

Rarely, and if i do, it's always physical

>show those people who tell you what to do with your boss that you don't care
>btw you should pre-order
kek

it's pretty dumb

I preorder Vita games but that's because shit's weird when it comes to Vita. You might not get a physical version at all if you don't these days. That, and supporting localizations and all that. Generally speaking though, I almost never do. I think the last major release I preordered was The Evil Within, and before that Skyward Sword, and before that fuck if I know.

it's been completely fucking pointless since people stopped buying games on discs. i don't need to fucking worry about fucking EB games running out of copies of SMT Nocturne anymore, because we're not a species of fucking animals.

also, lol duke nukem forever

I pre-order games I already know I'm gonna be wasting my life even in the off-chance they end up being complete shit

Example: Deus Ex Mankind Dividided, Dishonored 2

I only pre-order games im already a huge fan of, but its pretty rare like maybe 1 or 2 games a year. otherwise i just wait for sales or a game of the year edition down the line.

I think it's a pretty silly practice now. Before, pre-orders could actually be important if supplies were limited or video game stores weren't as prevalent. But now with tons of online stores, digital resources, and a larger popularity for the hobby it'd be really difficult to find a game sold out. Other than to get bullshit DLC or some trinket I can't think of any reason why you'd ever pre-order.

Personally the way I buy games is like this:

>Wait for release
>Wait a week
>Look to see reviews
>Check general fan reception
>See if there are any glaring issues (bugs, crashes, late-game quality dips, etc)
>Look to see what Cred Forums is saying about it
>Check one or two gameplay videos
>Order it online if everything checks out

Seriously, just waiting a week and checking what fans are saying has saved me money so many times. Not only do you outright avoid bad games, but by a week's time there are typically patches and fixes available. There has only been like two or three games over the past six years that I've pre-ordered in advance, and it was because I knew it would be good no matter what. Anyone who pre-orders games in advance these days is pretty stupid.

Pre-order with game content bonus is just retarded.

I pre-order when I'm sure I'm going to get the game on day 1.

>introduce preorders for people who want their physical copy secure in case of shortages
>people continue to preorder digital copies

what the fuck

I preorder just to piss off steam 'friends' who tell me not to. Same reason I'm voting for Trump, to piss off the people telling me not to.

>what to do with your boss
>with your boss

Something you wanna tell us, user?
I smell a story.

So he's gambling with 60 bucks only to make a few people on the internet angry? Wow he sure showed them

I've done it a few times to get some rewards, either like 10% off, some DLC, or some actual loot. But it doesn't happen often.

Mostly because I only have like two series I care about enough to buy at launch.

>preorder Skyrim because why not, and you get a cloth map
>get a piece of paper with some plastic on it
Gee, thanks

enjoy getting cucked in that shitty hobby then

Just preordered Battlefield 1 because of your comment :)

>>Look to see what Cred Forums is saying about it
>>Order it online if everything checks out

So you don't buy any games, right?

are you older than 14? because you should have grown out of fuck-you-dad-ism by then, and you must be 18 to use Cred Forums

I'm 27, and don't really care about preordering, or Trump, either way. I would have bought games on release and not voted, but people told me to do otherwise so it's fun to piss them off.

Confirmed for 13.

Pre-orders are pretty cancerous, but Steams refund policy did a good job of countering it.

i'm like you bro. i invest in faulted start-up ventures that end up shafting me and taking my money. because fuck u i won't do what u tell me (that's from RATM, a hardcore band, like me)

If you give people money before you see the product you lose all right to ever complain about the quality of anything ever again.

i only preorder special editions...and even then its to resell later on so i can buy games i actually want. With that being said preordering digital is like throwing your money away

>preorder to make people angry, not because you actually want to play the game

What a wonderful concept. You'd have thought NMS would've made people think twice about preordering.

It's even fucking worse over in Japan. That game UPPERS was supposed to be out awhile ago but it's pre-orders were so low they pushed it back.

I would only ever pre-order a game if the rewards are worth it, but 90% of the time they never are.

>Look to see what Cred Forums is saying about it

so you must not play video games then.

Hey goy, pay us in advance for this product that will never run out and only get cheaper!

Tell him to not jump from a bridge

The only reason I started pre-ordering again is because amazon prime makes the game 12 bucks cheaper and I still get it release day.

Pre-ordering digital games, particularly ones from devs you don't 100% trust, is retarded.

I'm a sucker for art books.

Throw in an art book and I'll preorder any game i'm mildly interested in.

I'm kind of dumb i guess.

yeah no.

Pre ordered this
nothing you say will make me cancel it

>I'm 27
>it's fun to piss them off.

You are wasting your life.

even this isn't a good excuse because you still get the discount for up-to 2 weeks after the game launch.

It depends on how much I trust the product. For example, I usually know exactly what I'm getting with my weeb games so I have no problem pre-ordering them. I wouldn't do it with an AAA game at all, since those tend to be very iffy at release date or even turn out to be giant fuck ups like Watch Dogs.

Basically, it's more trustworthy with niche games. For some fucking reason.

why would you cancel that you god damn faggot, its pretty cool

I used to preorder a lot during the 360/ps3 gen under the idea that there would be a chance i couldnt get my game copy first day.

Then i grew up and realized there is always an available physicial copy, and that no preorder bonus has ever actually been worth preordering for unless youre getting a free game (Dishonored 2 is doing this, bit i already own Definitive)

I rarely preorder games but when I do it's because I know that I'll love it, usually because of prior experience with the series. Pic related.

This is adorable.

>make sure you preorder this
>do it so those who tell you how to spend YOUR MONEY get angry
I don't even

I pre-ordered Deathwing.

I preordered the Dragon's Dogma PC edition because I was going to get it full stop.

Other than that, as a general rule no I don't preorder. Even in the above case I had played the shit out of the console versions.

I won't
Believe me this is my most anticipated game since persona 4 golden
I'll get this for sure

is that the actual sequel to the harvest moon serie? (not natsume)

Last game I preordered was Spore.
Never again.

>Heather Mason icon

No jap audio

Goro is the traitor.

Now thats a good reason, i though persona games had dual audio

If I'm gonna buy it day one, what difference does it make?

The only game I have preordered is dragon quest builders since I basically already know what I'm getting. I never preorder blind.

I only preorder guaranteed gold nowadays.

Which is pretty much nothing. Gaming has turned from trying to make good games to using a bait-and-switch tactic to trick people into buying your game, then defending it to stave off the buyer's remorse.

Never preordered. Don't even buy games when they are new. The only time I payed a full $60 was when Starcraft 2 first came out and I regret it. Now I religiously follow pic related, though I did break $30 for GTA V (which I also regret).

>That thread
>OP becomes a screaming ape whenever some questions them

Can't these faggots calm the fuck down?

It is. They're going by the name Story of Seasons under XSeed.

Spoiling games without a spoiler is against the rules, get bent

You have to keep inflation in mind though, $20 in 1990 is about 35 bucks today.

I look at gameplay trailers and immediately decide from there.

how you fags have to do more research than that to figure if you'll like the game or not is beyond me.

I'm still playing the game asshole

Been playing video games for the last 25 years. Never pre-ordered. Never will. It's a stupid idea really.

Vote for trump and don't pre order games or I'll be pissed off.

I used to pre-order special editions of things that came with additional physical items because that was the only way to ensure you'd get them.

Over time the model has moved away from that towards DLC that should be part of the base game (and often, better developed- From Ashes was a god damn fucking mess, a Prothean squadmate should have been a *major* thing but the impact it has is minor at best). You can usually just pay a few more bucks to upgrade a digital copy to include the pre-order bonus materials too.

Couple that with the general trend towards over-hyped games that fail to deliver and there's not much point to pre-ordering any more. Overall you're better off waiting to see how the game releases before buying and paying a bit more for the pre-order bonuses. Individual games might cost slightly more but since you're not getting ripped off paying for games you'd have wound up not really liking you still come out ahead.

It depends on how much faith I have in the game and developers. If the developers are withholding important content as pre-order bonus, then no, I'll wait a few years and see if they include the withheld content in the base game or for it to go on sale, if it never does, then I'm just not buying the game.

I don't want to take part in that kind of business strategy.

>Same reason I'm voting for Trump, to piss off the people telling me not to.
Maybe people are not telling you not to do it, but that you are not legally allowed yet?
You know you need to be 18 to vote?

that guy should stop telling me how to spend MY MONEY

I only pre-order games from Amazon. They're pretty based, they don't charge anything until the product releases

wtf i love preordering now

You are condemning yourself to a life of people taking advandtage of you, while you think you are being defiant.
You basically admit that you enjoy being one of the base impulse driven sheeple.

It made sense when games were only available physically and you may need to pre-order to reserve a copy in the case that the shop might run out of copies on release day or something
now that everything is digital there is literally no reason for it to exist

I preordered mankind divided

What a mistake

Enjoy your NTR game

I guess a sjw, white person murder simulator isn't selling well.

Cred Forums pls

There is 0 incentive to EVER preorder nowadays

Z E R O

DO

NOT

FUGGIN

DO IT

I know from experience. Trust me guys. NEVER preorder. Please.

>paying in advance
>paying 2K in advance

I almost fell for ds3, but some anons showed me keysites and I got it for 25

I preorder some physical games, so I can get them on release date

>mafia III

I preorder purchases I know im going to be making in the inevitable future.
My logic is that if I'm interested in purchasing a product, im most likely going to be purchasing it in the future so I might as well get it done now.
That being said, only a few games have I pre-ordered a regretted
Wildstar, 100 Thalers. and Battleborn. Also 100 Thalers
And I guess Fallout 4 but I got that for 50% off during a price glitch alongside Mad Max

preordering is the cancer killing video games and shifting the focus more onto marketing than making good vidya

>What do you think about preordering games?

a holdover from a bygone time

>hey you shouldn't buy this game cause it looks like literal shit
>HAHA I WILL BUY IT NOW FUCK YOU
ok

I only pre-order if I'm sure I will play the game and it has good pre-order discount. Pre-ordering at full price? Nah.

I only preorder when I'm interested in the limited/collector's/etc edition, because they can run out of those. Else I see no reason to

If i'm gonna be buying a game regardless, there's no reason for me to not preorder. Like I did with NUNS4. And I got content those same tards that don't like preordering missed out on and won't get till they buy the next game for a full $60.

Also, any worthwhile retailer lets you cancel a preorder. And if you make a big enough stink even those that say they won't, will.

Wow advertising is becoming more violent every day

Thanks for reminding everyone on this board about the game, Fettel

I will never preorder another game after no mans sky.

well at least it's not buy our game or we call you a misogynist

Its cancer, gamestop especially pushed this pre-order bullshit with day 1 exclusive DLC/unlocks. Locking content behind a pre-order or paywall if you did not pre-order is an extremely anti-consumer concept.

I very rarely pre-order and if I do its to pre-load the game.

Used to make sense about 10/15 years ago when games would've probably sold out.

I picked up the Destiny PS4 Console and sold it to break even; if I would have just sat on it for a few more months I could have made 150% of what I made or possibly more.

I'm thinking getting two Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition (Steelbooks) using my Prime 20% discount but I think selling the DLC that comes with the games would make me more money.

Not sure what do.

Basically pointless in this day and age with the prevalence of digital downloads. Especially on PC with everything being mostly digital it is pretty pointless except for pre-loads if your internet is not that great.

What are the dimensions of that 'school bag'?

Remember the Resident Evil 5 bag?

It was the tiniest fucking little messenger pouch ever made.

Why the fuck do you have emojis in your name?

Filtering actual arguments out of shitposting is one of the skills Cred Forums has taught me.

They signify that I've been a used of Cred Forums for 5 years. Approaching my 6th year soon.

I did once. That was a mistake. Not going to do it ever again.

Fuck sega.

>preordering just to spite people who call you a retard for doing so

Isn't that just proving their point?

The chintzy ass items they put in the collectors editions these days are fucking garbage anyways.

WarCraft 3 is the best special edition I think I have ever purchased.

youtube.com/watch?v=-B1kUSdGuQA

It's in Russian I think but skip to the end and see all the cool shit it came with.

>Charge over $100 for this shit
>All you get is a poorly painted statue for paying usually twice the price
Gravity Daze is the only thing that did this right in recent memory

Yeah, Cred Forums hates overmeme, right?

He is a fucking faggot, thats why.

Ask him

>paying for something before anyone has reviewed it

>paying for something before you know what's in it

>paying for something before you know if it has micro-transactions

>paying for something before you know if the story is any good

>paying for something before you know if the gameplay is any good

>paying for something before you know if it's full of bugs

>paying for something before you know if it was cut up to sell dlc

>paying for something before you know if it delivers on anything it promised

Only fanboys and hype-drones pre-order.

AKA Morons.

There is no argument against this. Not a single one. Pre-ordering only hurts the people who pre-order and only helps to perpetuate a culture of half-truths and outright lies in gaming PR.

Are you retarded? Everybody could see the trainwreck that was Dead Space 3 from a mile away, also giving money to EA is pretty dumb.

I think he means dark souls user...

I don't know, all threads I see are assfaggots-tier discussion about some heroes that need nerf or buff. I guess the game has shitty balance.

>preorder
>it looks bad
>cancel preorder and get your money back
you must feel like a retard.

Nice bait, but you and I both know that argument doesn't counter a thing I said. You can't tell if something is going to be bad before it comes out, nor can you tell it will be good.

Look at MGSV, No Man's Sky, etc.

>Do you preorder them?

Sometimes.
When there's enough ingame footage of the game around that I already know I'll buy it anyway I preorder to grab the bonus (though mostly just a few days before the official release).

Personally I like the early adopter thing more though, where the preorder bonus is extended to buying it within the first ~1-2 months.

>Collectors Editions are even more half-assed now these days
>WoW CE used to have trading cards in them
>Litteraly get portraits which nobody gives a fuck about

If it's a localized physical copy.
If it's an early access game with actual promise (haven't been burned yet)
Or if it's a game a friend wants and I can get it for them as a present.

did you forget to look at other games the devs have made?

>you can't tell if something is going to be bad before it's out
you're baiting. Enjoy this last reply.

>Reading or watching reviews
Stupid cuckold fuckwit retard.

>Atlus games
>having dual audio

They've been pulling this shit since forever. Worst offender was Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

>says Dual Audio on the cover
>it's only Jap Audio in combat
>victory/defeat screens etc. is all in English
>can't play my favourite character cause the victory screens will make my ears bleed from all the screeching

I assume everything is shit until I see at least a few dozen threads on Cred Forums with some positive feedback. No pre orders.

I do it if I've been looking forward to it and there's a good bonus/discount

>Actually valuing Cred Forums's opinion
Why are you so stupid?

But wait, you are posting on Cred Forums too so I shouldn't listen to you.

Not for Nintendo games

Not like I go anywhere else on the net.

I only pre-order music, if it's an artist I REALLY like.
>inb4 pirate your music you dumbass

Other than that i think pre-ordering games are fucking retarded. A way for the companies to fuck over consumers and earn more money on a title that isn't even out yet. Also, I don't have enough money to buy new titles, so I'm always late to the party.

Why is music okay while games aren't?

If a game has some insane pre-order bonus AND it's from a developer that I consider decent, I'll pre-order it. But only the bare minimum length of time before it comes I need to in order to obtain said bonus.

Or, I'll pre-order a game the night before release if all signs still point to it being good and I just want that pre-load done.

But then again I'm single and make 70 bucks an hour so what the fuck do I care.

Pre-ordering is giving a free loan to publisher and re seller, it's very stupid to do so especially when physical copy can be pre-order for free.

Pre-order bonus is racket

I preordered once. Worms Revolution. Never again.

It's usually cheaper. I also by now have so many games i haven't played in my library, I'd rather get more music.

>Tells you how to spend your money
>To spite people who tell you how to spend your money

Wat

I never preordered a game except Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs....
I learned my lesson, fuck preordering, never ever again. I wait for a few days after release, watching gameplay and if I like what I see I buy it.

If I want the preorder bonuses I just go to a keysite and see if they still have keys for the preorder.

So yeah, no reason to preorder if you're not a retard or have too much money

This is clearly the case though.
The quality of the marketing determines the perceived quality prior to and a bit into release.
There are any number of ways that pre-release media can not fit with the post-release game.

good goy. let's see what else can we convince you to preorder. better pull that credit card out, it's gonna be a lot.

Rarely, if I'm positive I'm going to get the game eventually no matter what, or if I want to support weebshit and ports on PC.
Sometimes I consciously abstain from pre-ordering because the game is baiting sales with in-game bonuses or other useless "rewards". It's a futile struggle but I don't want to support that practice.

>destiny

>being completely uninformed before giving away your money

Enjoy buying trash you 12 year old single digit iq faglord.

>alpha well over 6 months before launch
>tons of footage of the game and gameplay

And yet none of that showed the fact that it was an unfinished pile of cut up DLC bait.

Are you just arguing to argue or are you really this stupid? Serious question.

>none of that showed
it showed exactly what it was, it showed the gameplay, and let people play it. It was known for months and months there would be a season pass and post launch DLC "expansion packs". This was not something that was unknown, it was entirely known to anyone who spent even 5 seconds on google looking it up. If you got pissy because you're retarded and thought you would get tons of extra shit without needing to pay for it, that's your fault. Suck a dick.

Preordering is fine only if you agree to not get mad whatsoever if anything bad happens when it releases.

Other than that, if you get a discount and you KNOW you want it, like the next game in the series or something, then there's no problem with it.

But people blindly preordering shit like No Man's Sky ruins this industry.

I wish I could pre-pirate the game.

I only do it with games I'm guaranteed to love. I don't have great internet, so getting to pre-load so i get to play it when it comes out is nice.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>Destiny fanboy in denial detected.

cant wait to pirate it day 1

Does the client automatically let everyone know you're a pass user?

>Pre ordreed it for ps3
>lot's fo free stuff
>nah, lets give epopel who own a ps4 and pre ordered that game all the free stuff
>still hurt

I like how people post this pic when monkey island released with a price tag of 39.99USD in 1990 for the DOS release then charged more for the CD release a couple years later.

>Silent Hill 3 icon

Check mate SH3 fags.

>Do it so those who tell you how to spend YOUR MONEY get angry.
>Said whilst telling people how to spend their money

Alrighty. Only game I ever preordered was Bayonetta 2 and I wish I didn't; I don't like paying first day full price for games as a rule, and it didn't live up to my expectations.

I'm toying with the idea of pre-ordering Nioh since I put more hours into the Alpha and Beta than a lot of people put into most games anyway, and since I'm less poorfag now, but I'm still undecided; will probably wait for some gameplay videos closer to release to see if they uphold their promise of not casualising it after the feedback.

Have you never looked at a gameplay trailer, got hyped, bought a game, and been disappointed?

I preorder some shit on pc because cdkeys initially lists games for like £20

Nah, man. It's Motaro.

I pirate the pre-order version yes

>preordering
>digital games
pretty retarded desu

Yeah, not like you kill white people in about every other game there is.

I normally see a game play trailer, see a clunky samey piece of shit and don't get disappointed because having any expectations of games these days is stupid. It's been 9 years since 2007, I wish people would learn this already.

There are cases where I'm going to end up playing a game regardless so I end up preordering to take advantage of preload or sometimes reduced prices like DMC4SE. I bet a lot of the people denouncing preordering do it too without really considering it preordering.

If you have no expectations of any games at all why do you still play them?

>Spend your money the way I say, not the way others say!

Preordering digital games is retarded.

Never. Preordering is for idiots.

In the day of digital distribution, it's an unnecessary relic that is dangerous to the consumer.

In days past, I would pre-order games that I knew would be of limited ship quantity (the first run of DDR on PSX, Rez PS2, GuitarHero 1 bundle edition at launch).

only cucks pre-order

the cancer that's killing the AAA industry.

Only ever preorder a game that you know there's zero chance of regretting.
We all have that one game series we're going to buy first day and enjoy it no matter how shit it is compared to the previous games.

I pretty much don't buy or play any of the triple A titles these days apart from the fact I work in games advertising

But I do still enjoy some games, but everything with huge marketing budgets, dozens of trailers and mass appeal is probably going to be dull.

>needing school bag
memesona fans are literally underage b&

How many games should I preorder before it finally dies?

Only reasons to pre-order are
>if it's a limited release, ie Xenoblade Chronicles
>if there's a nifty preorder bonus you're into, ie the Gold Wii Remote + with Skyward Sword
>if you think the game will sell above expectations and the store will sell out

I preorder games all the time.
Mainly because I am retarded and will preorder something months in advance, completely forget about it and get a nice surprise waiting for me on release.

I think my next definite pre-order is either Tomb Raider or Dragon Quest Builders, which ever is out first.

it was probably a kick in the nuts for them. pay 40 dollars, then the game makes fun of them. "lol, this tard paid twice as much for this"

I usually do.

No-one said triple A titles or huge marketing budgets except for you user.

So you do have expectations of some games? Despite that being stupid?

Pre-ordering is the dumbest thing you can fucking do as a consumer.

One of the many things killing the videogames industry. Build a big enough hype train and you'll have countless people buying your game before you even release it so why even bother making it good?

> pre ordering Nintendo shite thinking it will be rare

Only games I'm going to be buying on release day anyway.
Order 'em on Amazon and they're a pleasant surprise to see after I get home from work

Yes you got me good there. But for the most part I'm happy to make sweeping generalisations about this stuff. The things that are in the public eye are the mass appeal games, which the unwashed masses eat up shit trailer after shit trailer. Dev companies live or die on their preorder numbers these days.

>Build a big enough hype train and you'll have countless people buying your game before you even release it so why even bother making it good?
Because hype feeds on the developer's good reputation and each shitty game released will deal a severe blow to it.

I like how some games offer the same preorder bonuses on the day of release or even the first week of release. This means you can wait for the reactions of the early adopters to make your decision.

>trusting kikestarter
>trusting in a kikestarter campaign by a tranny that uses his nude photo as his profile picture

The beginning days of kickstarter scams were glorious

Her deviant art journal is all sorts of fun.

>fallout 4
>bugs up the ass
>litterally skipped mods on ps4
>litterally 120$
>so overhyped that steams winter discount for fallout games was double their discount during the summer
>fallout New Orleans is trending already

Depends. Sometimes if it has good physical bonuses or the price is X% off.

Pre-ordering digital media is stupid as fuck because there's no shortage of supply.

>people who didn't preorder Pokemon Silver/Gold and they were sold out everywhere for a month and sold out again in a few days

I'm digital now, so I don't need to preorder.

>What do you think about preordering games?
Only retards do this.

>Do you preorder them?
No.

Admittedly, I also have too little time to play video games just when they come out so I usually play them well after they've been released and I have a huge backlog. This makes sure that I don't waste the little time I have on shitty games and it also allows me to buy them when they're on sale usually.

FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

USING VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS: All purchased in-game Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods may be consumed or lost by players in the course of gameplay according to the game's rules applicable to currency and goods, which may vary depending on the associated Software

so what IAP does this game have?

i dont trust anything

i played AssCreed Unity perfectly fine meanwhile GTAV was full of bugs for me.

No, almost always pirate too unless it's an online only deal.

I only preorder games if I can either get a discount or it's something rare like xenonblade on the wii.

I've been burnt on getting AAA games on release like the Deus Ex MD game breaking bug, so I'm at the point where I don't buy games at release anymore unless it is one of those limited runs or special editions.

No. But sadly the majority of the consumers are retarded so they will keep doing it.

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Never preordered ever again.

i dont play the open world shootans

It's gonna be a rough day when someone tells you to keep breathing and you either gotta die or conform like a little bitch.

Well user you know what they say about licenced games.

The only game I would ever preorder would be the next ffxiv expansion. Thats it. Since I KNOW I will be playing it and I enjoy that mmo.
I find the concept of PO retarded for single player games.

see that only works when youre shitposting on Cred Forums you fucking dumb goy

I usually do this but I bought Dead Rising for $20 and I have no remorse.

Maybe so, but I dodged a hell of a bullet not preordering Diablo 3.

Normally no but I pre-ordered Xenoverse 2 yesterday because I heard it might get me into the beta.
If not or if it's shit then whatever, Steam has refunds.

Isn't that some AAA game? It will sell fine by default unless it is a broken mess.

Ultimately companies don't care about what you believe in, only that you buy the game - the is the only thing that matters is your money.

I assume the game comes with some kind of free DLC for preordering. You are still gambling that the game will be good - otherwise why the hell would someone pre-order a DIGITAL AAA game.

I don't understand how this is even a topic of discussion. There is zero reason to pre-order games and if you do, you are a fucking idiot and should be removed from the gene pool.

>give us your money to spite those who tell you to not waste your money
Top tier logic right there.

>zero reason to pre-order games
Not really. Pre-order bonuses are a thing. A jewish thing but still.
And you can just refund it if it turns out to be shit. There's really 0 risk involved these days.

Pc gaymers nowadays are used to be console gaymers, rite?

Pre-orders are not a way for companies to reward loyal customers.
Pre-orders are a way for customers to reward trustworthy companies.

If they fuck up, you don't preorder. And most of them do, so never preorder.

I haven't preordered a game in years, and I think I probably won't for the most part ever again.

Some things I will preorder, like I'm probably going to go preorder a copy of Shantae on Vita at my local GameStop because I just want a physical copy locked in for myself so I don't have to worry bout getting one later. Certain games I'm guaranteed to pick up Day 1 like Kingdom Hearts 3 I might preorder, if only because they're probably gonna have some kinda preorder bonus. I preordered Ni No Kuni for example because I got a nice metal case to go with it,

If you pre-order a physical copy that comes with extra stuff, then maybe it's ok. Otherwise it is completely pointless and potentially gambling on whether the game is going to be good. You should be smarter with your money.

Why do people make a big deal out of pre-loads? I never really got it.
At worst it saves you maybe an hour. At worst.