Is this the absolute peak of Sonic? What other games comes as close to being perfect as this one?

Is this the absolute peak of Sonic? What other games comes as close to being perfect as this one?

I'm glad we all agree then that Colors is the height of Sonic.

No, it's just not shit.

Ok then whats a better one?

>peak is slightly above average game
Mmmk

>double jump
>low quality level design
>80% 2D as a 3D platformer
>peak of anything
End yourself.

The music and worlds are amazing and the level design is not low quality. It doesn't have that much 2D either. Maybe the other shitty boost games like Unleashed or Generations do but Colors is great

No

Yes it is, good taste.

>The music and worlds
Yeah but Unleashed was better in that department. Hell Heroes was better as well and I fucking hate that game.

I can't believe what I'm reading but you're entitled to your opinion I guess

>each world is a single level split up into 2 decently sized acts and 4 bite-sized challenges involving gimmicky 2d platforming over copypasted blocks
I'll never understand how Colors fans can bash Unleashed for its godawful night acts when like 2/3 of their game consists of inane padding. Music and art direction are absolutely on point, but holy shit is it boring.

Because you actually play as Sonic and don't play as someone else doing slow platforming (and unskippable fights)

It would be 3x as good if it was purely 3d

I know this is bait, but

This game is boring as fuck with tons of shit levels, its pretty low tier as far as Sonic goes

>game is boring
>shit levels

You wont get a (You) out of me with taste as shit as yours.

And you saying things you don't like is bait isn't an argument either. Face it autistic nostalgist, Colors stomps that shit

>old games can only ever be held in high regard because of nostalgia
Put more effort into it

Old games can be put in high regard when theyre good, which sonic 3 is not. Go play that shit again, maybe in this decade, and you'll see how slow and boring that garbage is. Not that I would expect a fag with shitty reaction images to be capable of any thought besides spouting the same shit his favorite youtuber says

I play S3&K at least once a year and every time it's as great as it's always been. Beats the colors copypasted block levels at the very least.

Copy and pasted...yes, so that's why every level in s3k takes 8 minutes. Because everything is copy and pasted for extended length filled with the most shitty enemies and "platforming" ever

I'm terribly sorry you're apparently mentally handicapped and have shit taste on top of that. That is no way to live.

An excellent response, one most suited towards an overweight manchild who wears onesies despite being in his thirties and praising garbage games that he grew up with in the 90s

>Go play that shit again, maybe in this decade
I play it regularly. It holds up every time.

My first time playing any sizable amount of it was when I was 14, in 2005, when I'd instead had much more familiarity with the Sonic 1, 2, and the 3D games.

If you want a quality response, you should make a quality post first.

Post charts, niggas

Mania and 2017's placements are predictions.

I play it once a year after the shills or nostalgia autists trick me every time into thinking its a masterpiece. Same shit every year. Everything after Hydrocity is trash

>Ice Cap
>the entire & Knuckles half
>trash

Even Unleashedfag puts in more effort than this.

generations is better

Its just hard to remember the levels when they all blend together into one big shitfest. Ice cap does stand out though its not saying much

Not really, just more boost2win that game is with somehow even uglier graphics than Unleashed despite coming out later

yeah it is better, marginally. gameplay for modern sonic surpasses his stages in colors, which were more than often pretty bad stages, with a very awful double jump and mostly 2d sections that were just bad.

"boost2win" is a shitty meme, because you're boosting to find better shortcuts while going super fast. the graphics are more or less the same as unleashed.

I disagree, the 2D parts were great and in Colors sonic had great movement. The level structure in Generations is just really boring most of the time, you're either spindashing or boosting to the goal post and they shove some cheap 2D sections in for no reason at all, when classic sonic is supposed to be 2D. It also has no content, the story is terrible as is the bosses, and the game can be beaten in 2 hours. One of the very limited things unleashed did right was graphics and its noticeable that they're downgraded in Generations.

and i highly disagree. sonic colors 2D sections were terribly controlled. take starlight carnival for example. literally most of the time you're doing absolutely nothing, and then suddenly you're in a 2d section with a fucked up sense of anti gravity and it is not fun. it's like the 2d sections of lost world, but only worse. on top of that, even though generations is short, it is complete with stages with many shortcuts and a great time of dodging obstacles and truly catching the speed of sonic.

sonic colors never does this. and it even pads out the entire game with sub levels that were awful redesigns of another in the same world, making you go through the same 2d sections again. there were only a couple "good" stages in colors that i would replay again. but i keep going back to generations because of its high replayability with each modern stage, which perfectly encaptures the entertainment of the platforming genre with sonic. the 2d sections for modern sonic were short, and relatively short but it had a flow to them unlike colors did, you could keep that flow going while colors pretends to be an awful platformer, and constantly the double jump seems to throw you off many times more than helping you. the bosses in generations were so so, and thats something colors did better.

there really is no noticeable downgrade, and i can't see how that could even be striked as a point towards anything when i wasn't even talking about graphics in the first place. on my pc generations looks amazing, and with the unleashed mod for the daytime stages its even better.

Unleashed's art direction is the best in the franchise, but you have to like the fact that its environments are mostly realistic-looking. Colors is much closer to the original games in terms of atmosphere.

Anyone remember the Amy Rose tripfag? I remember them trying to start a thread about Sonic Colors, but everyone wanted to shitpost instead.

When it comes to the game, I have it for DS and Wii. I think the music is pretty nice, but I've never really liked Sonic gameplay, and I hate bosses

That's one level out of dozens, star light carnival. Most of the stages are drenched in secrets or shortcuts as well, when using wisp power ups. They add to the game in a great way, never changing it completely but adding odd abilities that Sonic wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Colors can be played very fast to and I'd argue its faster than Generations in some parts. Those "sub levels" aren't padding, they are meaningful and well designed. Are some of them short? Sure, but they use a certain wisp in interesting ways. The 2D parts in sonic generations are really stupid because classic sonic is already in the game. Colors gets a break from this because it doesn't have this duality. It also has more interesting 2D sections than Generations does, which is often just floating squares rotating slowly. I don't game on PC, I'm talking purely about the xbox 360 and wii sonic games. Unleashed looks way better than Generations and the Generations pc footage I've seen still doesn't look as good. Sad how such good graphics are wasted on such a miserable game, Colors deserved it more

> It also has more interesting 2D sections than Generations does, which is often just floating squares rotating slowly
but that's exactly what colors is. the only time i can think of when there is a rotating platform in generations is in speed highway. that entire first section of speed highway right before the downward chase is more fast and more fun and better level designed than anything done in colors. colors is never fast, except for that one time in planet wisp or that one time in aquarium park for the 5 seconds you are running down before it turns into a 2d atrocity.

classic sonic 2d sections play very differently than modern sonics, because with modern sonic you are constantly trying going fast, and the 2d sections are zoom zoom, while actively trying to find better shortcuts to reach your destination faster. there is almost never a time where you are actively waiting for something to happen so you can move on, and this happens plenty of times in colors.

i don't hate colors, but it is objective that generations had better maneuverability and controls than sonic in colors did. colors is a bad platforming game for sonic. it focused too much on jumping to the next platform, and while it did have better exploration actually, that is not what i want in a sonic game. its too slow most of the time. i want to go fast, i want to get there faster, and i don't want to play mario. i'm just going to leave it at that, no more replies from me. sorry.

Since you won't reply anymore I'll just say something short then. If all you want is speed then you should play Unleashed. Unleashed is all speed with no other element to it