Finally a Mad Max game where I can drive around in the desert and experience the feeling the isolating wasteland

>Finally a Mad Max game where I can drive around in the desert and experience the feeling the isolating wasteland

>A disabled person is on your car and constantly saying shit to you

Why

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VuuDG8_DiYwap-VlCB5y-5qoLvHMZxqM869w-ZCbRIKuv34m-aPH7K3zp9Wm9Ed8zslEsRFn-HJsLriD5CTm3sde9II5EYXH2vFtcvxL6EVwzaQ8KuQxQ0ftth7d9kAnviDkMCBK9-7wBLJQ3PlbGFdXGCSnBYoPDo1QtQKs5O-VPQU8JYYJrtWESiG8OuqtudqrPK_9zNMhw4dfW4SyFk8SE13_5yS7EpiwWzJM61DIBur2LJxXQiXX-pdr1lQcPZ9GbWh0ThX1K7rWkWGcoOpHUhgY4g&th=,Xq9Xr46wPHCd37hPoFe2NofHQksuIe3wAAAAPqAAAAC1awNvZngH71NvLY4XkQuy4VuW76GKBYbcE8UgbWc0v5709rx0TxVnKZ09Vabm5ZzN9LbyNYA0BIl21kqBmrudX2YHUH818FzwDUZYbaLhE-Sx0wjPfY6VbCvf7JZsiUPRDc0LrTdT4ve5GDPcKWYz1cI8Q-Z9uMUQyBykm5RHReos4hMeOLKjJkG7RcijEtY-GxCXxfEr7A6d9qtr7-SOJkEesnrbDADNZGeI8s747FjWQHZVUK3sjqTUC4vZLR97wOHwwXIZcAIrQjWZrLO9Bq2ivBxF-P4nbSw0CT0fQan6e6zXChe-_9LWBKbk85ZSZGS_Q58iz_3_2jOjYJEIN7DM1-0kWMIsgxhThbFPzgdbfElgvHCYYi7q7mpLUZbC3Sz-hJ0acvtB9NSgHo7urtrtC_hg9kHm9Dk0XnLWaG2PruZYteqXyy7FHEmD-k9hrLyhWZFKcbDpDWJ1Lj65zCsi9R6bOvflbB7U-zOwztZYAz-LVPo9WxGy09rpoLR4nH3TaspRe0DqSk20VnESpkVOYKGvrY86Y8wGvuOh3pVokCgsHdK8UHA7U32y2RLcfI_LGvudwUzi5_zxbNk11D04m14z2RUfGPcQW_gaUzb-RcDN2RAM-d4Z3jFYcnI5lq0jTDOviJ5l2ErDufW7czJFc2_giwIOhksUYEkR9qgEtal_YRrjjvctfPax07zMn-1lZMhmncRLHB9pTkLxLx0dRB08LlCeAzEdKl-vNvrOZG9DFcdW5w7HbeUe6uxqQRTYVi0rAHtI0dMWS_sY9GDXxu1fjKfy5N7cdeSpXZCsG3oPIP2HG2gdiC04xVmPXMuQONfDbiTriLzxNBELWvus4HmQ6YPIPVzywLzMAIqN_YYFa2V5d4_O83ap-4nq_CCc6hWw1-Fn10JFPFQZOySfrwV6SCnr3Gl1MOjWoc-aGveCgOEMrSpDSKf8KbmEzZkIcupjTZRRGBw3vbGBqu0uPefWzJeT57zV3b7Rdub5hSHOZiUtJj2FDRNcQNIJIfvMHMpDehErZqxFqxpTh24crxGF6BIAiCSiYauDyyT5fWJUFso5VulMUQ-mLbjckW4JRfOVH3OxacjiBkruFc-daUET5XsD7jwWtS6pJLLiTuJkqPSazErKwxw4XrZea4AHhsq-avfn6suBa6ssv292
madmaxmovies.com/archives/web-pages/alex-maddison-mad-max-chronology/mchron.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wzidkxOuVvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so get a different car faggot

nah

That'd be solution if any other car in the game was worth shit.

But its mostly all relevant shit.

Especially in lower levels, having him shout "THERE ARE FUCKING CARS COMING RIGHT AT US" or "Oh hey a buried car full of loot" is incredibly helpful since he can see everything before you even notice it. Even later in the game, his flavor dialogue and comments on your sidequests and missions makes the long drives actually interesting. Hell he even has enough personality to bitch at you if you do stupid shit like drive off cliffs or stop in the middle of nowhere and leave him alone.

Though yes in fairness he has plenty of repetative, useless dialogue as well.

>OOOOOH HERE IT COMES
>A MIGHTY DUSTER!

Do it faggot

No radio.

>OOOOOH HERE IT COMES
>A MIGHTY DUSTER!

>think he means one of the magnificent sandstorms
>it's some barely noticable little whirlwind

Can you actually switch vehicles to something without that fuck? I'm guess not because
>muh story

Honestly that's even better, driving in this game with your own music in background is one of the comfiest experiences I've ever had in gaming. Good classical metal album just goes so fucking well with cruising post apocalyptic wasteland.

The car that drops infinite mines is bretty gud

>see a storm warning
>"Oh ok I'm sure it'll be fi-"
>BWAAAAAAAAAAA
>Sand fucking everywhere
>Can't see shit
>Try to run back to the car
>Wind lifts me the fuck up and slams me into a signboard
>Instant kill

You can in the strongholds after capturing them.
Thing is, since he's not on board they'll all lack most of your weapons, you have to manually repair them with scrap, you can't upgrade them and they reset back to the Magnum Opus when fast travelling.
Outside of maybe races there is absolutely no reason to ever drive them except maybe the buggy for those retarded minefields activities.

>he doesn't play the Book of Eli original soundtrack while driving across the barren sea

Its like you hate ambiance

yes, retard, literally fucking dozens of other cars without him

You can and some of them are even worthwhile, but they have no weapons so on the longer run you have to stick to chum-mobile anyway.

He doesn't bother me personally, but I understand why some people are annoyed by him.

You can, yes. In fact the sidequests/events require you to win a race with each of the like 50+ different cars in the game.

Not to mention the dozens of achievements/challenges to do specific crazy shit with the non-main car.

> tfw no first person madmax game

I wish this game supported mods, I need more sandstorms.
Just imagine what a community could do. It could have been STALKER with vehicles. Instead it's just a standard open-world game with the same missions scattered around a map.

>Mad Max game
>It's a prequel to Fury Road

A Road Warrior game would be a lot more interesting

Fury Road is the best Mad Max movie though.

Second best.

How's the optimisation friends

fantastic, like MGSV and Just Cause 2 levels of good

It's a sequel actually, all of the lore references shit that happened after Immortan died. It's just alt-setting because it doesn't acknowledge anything shown in Fury Road, only stated to be off-camera. Joe died but Furiosa doesn't seem to have existed and Max didn't play a part in Joe's death.

I really like Max's voice, and I even like the facial expressions. When he has his introspective scenes with Griffa, he makes some of the most legitimately emotional animations I've seen in a lot of games.

I have an r9 290x running everything on max and the game is running well over 60

Pretty good as far as I can tell

Ah, right. I thought it was a prequel, as it'd explain why Max has the Interceptor at the start of Fury Road and why he gets chased down by the War Boys.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VuuDG8_DiYwap-VlCB5y-5qoLvHMZxqM869w-ZCbRIKuv34m-aPH7K3zp9Wm9Ed8zslEsRFn-HJsLriD5CTm3sde9II5EYXH2vFtcvxL6EVwzaQ8KuQxQ0ftth7d9kAnviDkMCBK9-7wBLJQ3PlbGFdXGCSnBYoPDo1QtQKs5O-VPQU8JYYJrtWESiG8OuqtudqrPK_9zNMhw4dfW4SyFk8SE13_5yS7EpiwWzJM61DIBur2LJxXQiXX-pdr1lQcPZ9GbWh0ThX1K7rWkWGcoOpHUhgY4g&th=,Xq9Xr46wPHCd37hPoFe2NofHQksuIe3wAAAAPqAAAAC1awNvZngH71NvLY4XkQuy4VuW76GKBYbcE8UgbWc0v5709rx0TxVnKZ09Vabm5ZzN9LbyNYA0BIl21kqBmrudX2YHUH818FzwDUZYbaLhE-Sx0wjPfY6VbCvf7JZsiUPRDc0LrTdT4ve5GDPcKWYz1cI8Q-Z9uMUQyBykm5RHReos4hMeOLKjJkG7RcijEtY-GxCXxfEr7A6d9qtr7-SOJkEesnrbDADNZGeI8s747FjWQHZVUK3sjqTUC4vZLR97wOHwwXIZcAIrQjWZrLO9Bq2ivBxF-P4nbSw0CT0fQan6e6zXChe-_9LWBKbk85ZSZGS_Q58iz_3_2jOjYJEIN7DM1-0kWMIsgxhThbFPzgdbfElgvHCYYi7q7mpLUZbC3Sz-hJ0acvtB9NSgHo7urtrtC_hg9kHm9Dk0XnLWaG2PruZYteqXyy7FHEmD-k9hrLyhWZFKcbDpDWJ1Lj65zCsi9R6bOvflbB7U-zOwztZYAz-LVPo9WxGy09rpoLR4nH3TaspRe0DqSk20VnESpkVOYKGvrY86Y8wGvuOh3pVokCgsHdK8UHA7U32y2RLcfI_LGvudwUzi5_zxbNk11D04m14z2RUfGPcQW_gaUzb-RcDN2RAM-d4Z3jFYcnI5lq0jTDOviJ5l2ErDufW7czJFc2_giwIOhksUYEkR9qgEtal_YRrjjvctfPax07zMn-1lZMhmncRLHB9pTkLxLx0dRB08LlCeAzEdKl-vNvrOZG9DFcdW5w7HbeUe6uxqQRTYVi0rAHtI0dMWS_sY9GDXxu1fjKfy5N7cdeSpXZCsG3oPIP2HG2gdiC04xVmPXMuQONfDbiTriLzxNBELWvus4HmQ6YPIPVzywLzMAIqN_YYFa2V5d4_O83ap-4nq_CCc6hWw1-Fn10JFPFQZOySfrwV6SCnr3Gl1MOjWoc-aGveCgOEMrSpDSKf8KbmEzZkIcupjTZRRGBw3vbGBqu0uPefWzJeT57zV3b7Rdub5hSHOZiUtJj2FDRNcQNIJIfvMHMpDehErZqxFqxpTh24crxGF6BIAiCSiYauDyyT5fWJUFso5VulMUQ-mLbjckW4JRfOVH3OxacjiBkruFc-daUET5XsD7jwWtS6pJLLiTuJkqPSazErKwxw4XrZea4AHhsq-avfn6suBa6ssv292

When you finish the game you get the Interceptor. No more Chumfagt.

>that post

What a fuck up I made, fuckin' Mediocre

Makes convoys a breeze.

>No Mad Max MMO
Instead of choosing what race you play as or whatever you get to pick what type of vehicle you want, then you can customise it

Imagine the vehicle combat

This is so accurate

Christ the fuck did you attempt to post.

And yeah it's a sequel. The way the game begins and ends basically allows for it to fit anywhere in the timeline it wants. That Max has his Interceptor is probably the alt-setting stuff as he didn't participate in Fury Road's events.
Warboys just pick on non-warboys, especially if they've got an amazing ride.

If you want to check for yourself then the bios of the villains reference that they gained power in Gastown after the fall of Joe and The People Eater.

Which still is vastly inferior feature-wise compared to the MO.

It's a shame, really. It's got all the makings of a good game, but it feels like halfway through Ubisoft got their claws into it and turned it into Batman: Assassin's collectahon
With mods we would be able to sorta unfuck it

No, it's a prequel you stupid nigger.
The little girl from the movie that Max hallucinates about is Glory.
Also, in this game he gets the Black on Black back only to have it taken away again and then ultimately destroyed in Fury Road.

-3 vehicle classes: Motorcycles, cars, war-rigs
-Customization includes choosing onboard crew
-Road battles with melee combat on top of war-rigs

By the end, as in before the final mission, some of his lines were fantastic, with him begging to turn back, to keep working on the Magnum Opus while Max hears the woman and child's lines.
This as well. For the most part he just comes across as blank but with Griffa and during the final missions he suddenly gets a personality.
>Perhaps it's not the killing you enjoy...but the moments of silence that the fighting brings you.

The game is a prequel to Fury Road I think. That girl that flashes during the movie is the girl in the game that dies cos of Max's autism.

>Only 3 vehicle classes
Nah, you need to add dune buggies, street racers, tow-trucks and pick-ups to that list

Make the game a hybrid of Road Warrior and Fury Road

Perfect Mad Max would be oprn world like GTA with Need for Speed tuning options and Dark Souls tactical melee combat.

>Cred Forums recommends you a game
>it plays like it's straight out of a bargain bin
Is this the new Sleeping Dogs?

Seriously why they decided to make your co-star a Quasimodo motherfucker who just rambles on about Cars is beyond me.

Why couldn't we get a QT Junkyard Girl to be our AI Partner?

First time during an electrical storm was one of the most intense moments I've had since I had no idea what the fuck had just happened. One minute I'm fighting this group of guys, I punch one so hard that everything goes dark and thunder starts hitting around me.
Shit was metal as fuck.

its one of the best PC ports in some time.

I liked Chumbucket. His enthusiasm made me care for him.
Which by the end I couldn't give a fuck what happened to him for stealing my ride. His death was a weird moment.

Could a game ever be made out of the first Mad Max?

Yeah, it's one of those games where everything in it is either ok or fantastic, it's just that the lack of more meaningful stuff that holds it back.

I kinda get the idea behind, showing the deformity of wasteland men. I mean, a hunchback fanatical slave fits Mad Max atmosphere just right. On the other hand I understand why most people didn't like it, even though it haven't bothered me personally.

I doubt it. Most people now associate Mad Max with the Fury Road one. I haven't seen the first one in some time but I think it might come across as too silly for nowadays.

I could easily see it as a more story-driven game, the last of us style.

A more open world one could also work I guess. It would be a nice accent if world would slowly degress from modern to more post apocalyptic one as story progresses.

There is one on nes.

finish it you moron. it'll be satisfying.

That's actually an interesting idea, the main plot being about the collapse of society. You could start with taking missions from what's left of the MFP, then end up somewhere between MM and Road Warrior.

Chumbucket worked as a character.
Its just the game is not good enough anyway

40 fps on high with ancient gtx650. Not mgsv tier, but very good.

>too silly

The first film is by far the bleakest of the series

Mad Max>Fury Road=Road Warrior

That's an MMO game I could sink my life into. At least until the real Apocalypse comes.

>Keep getting in the car on the left cause 'murican
>Max has to shift over every time
>Chum eventually chimes in
SHUT UP CHUM I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

Road Warrior > Fury Road > Mad Max >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beyond Thunderdome

I don't know the timeline but is the first one and Fury Road separated by how many years in the lore? Seems like too extreme a change to start a game where you just seem to be off in the fields with grass to desert for miles.
I meant more in terms of visuals. The budget was still low so don't know if the designs could work as well. That being said I could be remembering wrong. I have to rewatch the movies.

Because she'd inevitably get raped and I don't want to play a cuck.

Well the first film takes place in a rural area by the coast, which was actually pretty well off compared to the interior. Come Road Warrior, society's gone and Max is wandering the outback, where there's nothing but tiny settlements trying to survive and raiders who came from the cities.

The desertification of Australia begins after the nukes are dropped between RW and BT

>Dark Souls
No, we don't need Max doing 100 combat rolls on the ground.

>Tactical
See above

MM stories are but "loosely connected" and nothing more.
When you look at it pretty much every one except for the first is just "a story of the guy", with max coming in, helping a people and then fucking off, RW and BT even end with the helped people saying this

Basically Max is a legend and each movie is just a telling of one of hisstories

Not everyone is a thirsty virgin and women do not do well in the Mad Max 'verse when they wander around in the wasreland.

I enjoyed the game
I like mad max as a setting though
Could of had more varied quests

I'll just post the rest of the preamble, as I know RW, BT and FR are legends about Max, but the world-building that Miller does is interesting.

These are interesting reads. Are there any interesting Mad Max books?

The only ones that come to mind are the novelisations of the films, but those are all based, I think, on early drafts of the scripts

There's a timeline here that basically compiles the information about the world from the books and movies
madmaxmovies.com/archives/web-pages/alex-maddison-mad-max-chronology/mchron.html

Kind of goes against the setting. Hell, Hope pushed the bounds right there.

Crossout is kinda sorta like that, you build your own car completely from scratch. In closed beta at the moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzidkxOuVvI

>too silly for nowadays.

Fury Road had a man playing guitar in his jammies and a vehicle made of several layers of Cadillacs. These were important aspects of the movie.

>The little girl from the movie that Max hallucinates about is Glory.

I thought it was the little girl from the comic?

Both were design aspects only.
One serves as a set-piece but it could be replaced easily enough.

But the setting was farther removed from out world. In the first movie, you can imagine the crew just filming on the side of the road. Fury Road takes place in a much more isolated place so these more over the top moments and characters don't feel so weird.

Post yfw hiding during a thunderstorm

>Hiding during a thunderstorm
>Not driving around to feel like a god amogst men

Fury Road has great action, but it's barely better than MM1.

Hell, even Beyond Thunderdome was a better MM movie.

>tfw facing the storm

Hitting camera mode when a lightning strikes and moving the camera mode around it is fun.

More games need this.

Ramming a warboy in the face and then stopping time to witness the carnage...

Goose would be great co op.

>Mad Max game
>it's shit

>except it isn't

>Storm coming
>Only refuge is an enemy base
>What the hell.jpg
>Snipers can't see a thing
>War criers can't see a thing... Also spinning at a hundred miles an hour.
>I can't see a thing
>Just run through the base beating the crap out of everyone because they can't notice me unless I'm three feet close to them.

Now everytime a storm comes I hit something. Best part is that it passes when you're done and the loot boxes are still around.

I wouldn't say it's shit, it's just disappointing after you realize that most of it is just a collectathon

Worse when you realize how little you need to collect.

Still, that screenshot utility is nice.

The parts with Griffa were really well written. Too bad he just vanishes once you've levelled everything up.

It's nit perfect but good enough if you really like Mad Max.

The atmosphere and especially the driving/ car combat was really decent.
Melee combat was satisfying but got stale after a while and the rpg-ish customisation felt unnecessary.

The world, especially the north western area with red rocks and eroded roads was very nice however. It was pretty after all. The enemy/car design was spot on and you could feel that miller was on board

Nice trips my man.

The world really felt fine yeah.

Best thing about the combat was saving a shieldcuck until you hit fury.

Payday boys. It's the code to the Internet.

that shit drove me up the fucking wall

game would be considrrably better if you could dump cumbucket somewhere

FUEL is the best Mad Max game for setting

>Not liking Chumbucket
What are you, gay?

>the rpg-ish customisation felt unnecessary.

Yeah, by the time you get around to investing points you pretty much fill out all the boxes.

The races are actually difficult.

A Mad Max game would in some ways work better with a ridiculously huge procedural map. You could have those long vehicle battles on desert highways that seem to go on forever. One of my main gripes with the game is that the convoy missions and the final boss take place on a short circular race track instead of an infinite straight road. It breaks the immersion when they are obviously going nowhere. I'd prefer an illusion of them going somewhere.