Did anyone here actually play and got effected by the lostboy.exe ?

Did anyone here actually play and got effected by the lostboy.exe ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMc4Lcxmmso
mega.nz/#!SYwTwKhB
youtube.com/watch?v=nrtehmzSTbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JESUS FUCK

DO NOT OPEN THIS IMAGE

>hqdefault.jpg

Lad, you're afraid of a Youtube video thumbnail?

it's too late... my computer is dead..

Why?

>effected

VIRUS IMAGE

>opening up an image from a virus gives you a virus

HOLY SHIT!
It's fucking nothing!

what is this a virus for ants

>tfw you never fell for it
>tfw remembering all those redditors and underage freaking the fuck out in threads
>yfw when DON'T PANIC

kiddo detecto

Shit you are right

>perfectly normal program.exe

I can confirm, nearly passed out from the mustard gas. Had to flee my house and call poison control

IIRC Moot actually stickied a message telling people to not download and play strange .exe files so yeah probably.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMc4Lcxmmso

4 MB .png?

I hate you

I just finished reinstalling my os

Oh man that's a pretty scary screen saver

haha fuckin hilarious man

>4mb .png

First time in years I've actually been afraid to open this image.

>10 whole minutes of fucking nothing

No, because I'm not a mental retard who opens .exe's from Cred Forums outside of a VM

What happened?

lostboy survivor here

Can't even be bothered to get out of bed most days. Every time I see an exe file I start shaking and just want to cry. Sometimes I wish I'd died instead.

How long ago was that?

are you trolling or serious?

He might even be joking

Of course he's serious, kid.

DON'T PANIC

PANIC

4 years ago.

>4mb

Wait a minute, wasn't the limit for file sizes 3mb? am I wrong or did they up it?

I still have no idea what that thing actually did. Was it just a simple keylogger or something?

Psh idiot everyone knows Viruses don't exist and even if they did exist they're different then video games

It was EXTENDED to 500 MB

fucking hell lostboy was such a fucking funny time
does anyone have any screencaps?

>4mb

WHAT

>4MB
Did I miss something? Or is the doughnut man finally going to get me.

Knock knock

hiro just woke in a sweat

I feel like posting this in every thread (it's probably Dildo who made this thread so fucking sue me you know where to find me)

I knew the guy who spread Lostboy

He called himself fucking Dildo, not even kidding

He was basically a a bored "script-kiddie" who downloaded a random .exe, took screenshots from some Cred Forumsirgin's indie game (called "lostboy"), and spread threads of it for laughs

I helped him viral it for a bit and laughed when he bought somebody 900 nipple clamps from their website, but it turned into stupid drama over our IRC channel and we eventually split apart

It's insane that he basically strung the whole fucking site into a panic when it was straight up actually an unprotected .zip file, you motherfuckers can be stupid sometimes

Basically a backdoor program that, once ran, accessed your computer. Webcam, saved passwords, internet history, direct control, pop-ups. Kind of terrifyingly easy in retrospect.

IT'S KNUCKLES

ITS KNUCKLES

You didn't click the image... did you?

How does a .jpg have a virus?

It's literally just a door

It can escape from the virtual machine

A backdoor?

>he doesn't know

So that's where the TF2 custom map comes from.

I know right now it's a joke but I was foolish enough to download this when it was being spread around..

The game hacked into all my personal files and the game itself was traumatizing and there was no way to close it without destroying my computer...

Woops got a virus from a .png

mega.nz/#!SYwTwKhB

Google it, familia.

DON'T DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS

You ruined a good joke my dude

ayy I made that map!

So I missed this entire schbang when it was going on. Was it some shitty creepypasta horror game that used files on your computer or what?

nonstop hours of playing this on the partyvan.

after i played it my pipes began flowing in reverse

It's actually much simpler than that
>Indie dev on Cred Forums makes not really noteworthy horror game
>Somebody else starts pretending to post the game in new threads- actually links download to nothing but a virus
>Cred Forums shits itself for a month straight because people literally can't stop themselves from downloading a random .zip on Cred Forums

>actually links download to nothing but a virus
No, it still had the game in it. But they added the virus to it.

I think someone took an existing creepypasta game and made up some kind of legend about how there was a secret inside that nobody found.

He put a virus in it that wrecks your computer and tries to steal your information.

The next day moot put up a notice not to download any files.

It later turned out a lot of people who fell for it where from Reddit.

At first, it was literally just a fucking .exe that installed a virus.
Not even joking. Didn't even pretend to boot a game or anything.

I think later on, it gave a fake error code- and then the third revison or some shit was actually attached to a game? I don't know, it's been four years.

Well people are sometimes stupid on Cred Forums.

But curiously, what was the actual game like? Was it the usual "BLOOD BLOOD DEMONS JUMPSCARES" that are the usual for creepypasta games?

Literally an empty maze full of fog

From what I remember it was just spooky maze

it was basically but you controlled yourself in the maze

youtube.com/watch?v=nrtehmzSTbE

DON'T
PANIC

Not in VMware, that shit only worked on QEMU-based stuff, and that's because it was a 100% open-source hypervisor that practically did it for free exploit-wise

>image that hasn't been relevant ever since 4CS was a script
>patched-out entirely in like 2012 or some shit
>"omg ecks dee don't open this le jojo donut man png"
>every reply ever
>20+ replies

Fuck, the thumbnail looks like a really neat late 90s obscure horror game that used to be passed around in dark smoky rooms on 24 floppies. Turns out it's just a shitty meme.

oh my GOD DONT FUCKING OPEN THAT IMAGE

He said 4 years ago.

DO NOT OPEN

Why 4:30 exactly?

Im posting from my phone. My computer just exploded.