Enemy has 10 hp

>Enemy has 10 hp
>Deal 9 dmg
EVERY TIME
Darkest Dungeon Thread

this game is so one year ago

What did he mean by this

It was FOTM and then it actually came out and most people who aren't just here to post about turning tides and overconfidence realized it has a fucking mobile game tier grind and the actual mechanics aren't anything to write home about.

>Hey guys whats going on in this dungeon?

>running an Antiquarian
>loadsa money
>getting beaten down slowly
>last room I need to clear the dungeon
>HEY GUYS, DID SOMEONE SAY "COLLECTOR"?

I'we been playing this couple days now, havent gotten that far still figuring out how exactly everything works, but I like it so very very much. I'm glad it came out on PS4 also.

This. Cut out the tedious characters management and this game has NOTHING.

you're working towards the final dungeon goal you ass

i mean the long grinding definitely is there but it's oddly unexplainable how it doesnt feel bad. maybe its how sometimes shit turns bad really quickly or something.

the final dungeons are probably the most tense i've been in a game in a while. pretty fun.

play smart and in 40 in-game weeks you can have the game beat

Cleared it around February when the last boss came out, any updates come out that make replaying it worth it? I had like 70 hrs logged and would love something that reduces grind

Not really, there's town events and heirloom exchange that are -supposed- to remove the grind i guess.

they announced a DLC not too long ago though

Apparently The Darkest Dungeon quest can be started like straight after the tutorial? Thats the last quest right? So basically I just want to get 4 characters to level 6, buy them best weapons and armor and then start the quest. Did I understood this right?

>higher level heroes refuse to go to low level dungeons
This retarded mechanic goes completely against the spirit of a game when they could just make Collector spawn in them if there's any too strong characters or maybe a few more enemy groups in general.

>Reynauld and Dismas survive the third DD raid
>"This isn't actually the final raid lmao"
>Never again

the problem is that there's 4 darkest dungeon quests

everytime you finish one of them, every surviving hero gets a special quirk named "never again", aka they'll scream they wont ever go in there again

you'll need 4 good teams, preferably maxed. heroes that have never again cant go into the DD but they dont count as part of the roster anymore so you can get more if needed.

protip, stress heals and survivability for first, TANKINESS and heals for second (guarding is essential), long durability and combos for third, DPS and whatever else for last.

by far DDQ2 is the hardest quest in the game. so fucking tense.

lmfao why would you waste your time using high levels in apprentice missions that give shit loot when veteran and champions give so much

isnt the spirit of the game to never grow too confident in your expendable heroes

Not that user, but what I'd like to be able to use them for is for "mentoring" lower levels to ease the grinding process.

that does make sense, actually. maybe high levels would receive no xp in these or something.

usually getting newb heroes in late game is such a fucking bore unless you risk it and take them into vet/champ missions.

Just got this game (ps4, it was on sale ok)
What the hell am I doing
I get these pussy-ass units who trip over a rock and every time another rock appears it ain't me starts blaring
Jesus fuck am I doing something wrong

still nowhere near as bad as THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT appearing 1 room before you finish

How do I camp in dungeons? I swear these inventory/menu navigations are complete shit on playstation.

you need to be in at least medium dungeon, use the campfire item in the inventory