Latest sims are out. How does your spec fare?

Latest sims are out. How does your spec fare?

>the city of hunters

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749266521
boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/>be me >be gay >guild doesn't know about it/
warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=99
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The majority of bosses aren't patchwerk fights so I doubt this is accurate often, especially for something as turret mode as Drmo Lock

especially with how bad Cred Forums users are at video games

>rogues
>anywhere else but #1
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is the point of rogues in raids if they aren't top dps?

Honest question, why do you people put so much value in these sim numbers when they change every 3-4 days?

they're one of the most survivable classes and have some disables

dps classes are wildly interchangeable. they all have disables, survivability and can put out similar dps

"take the player, not the class" taken to its extreme

Honestly, bringing you along is wasting loot we can be using to gear the tanks.

>Hunter BM and MM that low
Are you fucking kidding me?

>you
i haven't played since mid WotLK, it just seems odd to me that the one melee class, who has no spell cast time, and lives exclusively to output maximum damage in the most compact amount of time, would lose to dotsRus and a furry rogue

>Unholy
JUST
JUST
JUST

I can already hear that you are a very unpleasant person to play with.
Probably with an extremely annoying voice.

meant for

>Anything but Fury deserving #1
Why take the healing sponge if they can't dish the damage out?

>warlock is nerfed and trash

>The city of DKs and Hunters

>still believing sims
>in 2016
kekked my friend
THIS is the real shit, not some retarded sim made by some noxxic geek

This includes prenerf DH's

ursoc
dragons
ll'gynoth

literally half the bosses in EN are patchwerks or have patchwerk phases

What the fuck happened to arcane.

but it isn't retard.

>Try to make an Enh Shaman alt
>Get to max cap
>LFR on normals and heroics is ded 24/7
>On top of hour long queues for DPS
>Have to do the full extent of class hall again
>Have to do fucking Suramar again
>Guildies are fucking faggots that refuse to help pug normals/heroics because 'muh mythics'

Blizzard are a bunch of twats for enforcing this 'don't get left behind' mentality on the community with this timegate bullshit, making an alt is such fucking shit now..

>normalized scores mean anything

FUCKIN TOP KEKE MATE ULU

some arcane missile spam cheese

>MUH DHS
there
happy now, faggot

>DPS charts
>Getting triggered when people point out it's not right on DPS

Are you okay? Do you have brain damage? Was that suppose to be a tank chart?

Mythic parses shouldn't be considered 100% accurate yet the sample size is too low, but it can bee seen as a strong indicator of relative strength.
i.e dks might not always be 50k behind ret but they're clearly some level of weaker then ret.

Ursoc is a patchwerk fight
Mythic Nythendra has target switching and downtime
Dragons ranges from cleave to a true multi target fight depending on difficulty.

it's worth noting people use patchwerk to mean ST fight way too much, nythendra on heroic and mythic has way to much downtime to be considered 'patchwerk' in reality.

Reminder sims don't matter when you have parses.

WHICH ONE IS THE ONE WITH THE DH NERF NOW

>muh graphs

This is one of the reasons why MMOs are shit now.

>BAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAA MY CLASS DOES NO DAMAGE ON THAT CHART BAAAAAAAA IT'S FAKE\IRRELEVANT BAAAWAAAA
yeah right, fuccboi, go cry on the demon hunter forums, faggotlord

Jokes on you faggot I play DK. I just like accuracy.

for example

>he plays dk
as by saying that it would improve your situation, faggotcunt shiteater

graphs will never be a negative reason for anything so long as people know what they're reading.

>All fights
>Monks getting a bunch of scumbag dps on adds

This means jack shit when monks get out dpsed on any fight where they cannot scum dps on adds.

That applies to every heavy cleave class.

Look at just the bosses and you're gonna see the usual hunters mages and rogues on top.

Yeah I mean its too complicated a subject to sum up with simply one graph being 'right'.

There are factors like scaling, where you wont see the people in the best gear parsing in heroic for long so it wouldn't be the best way to see the better scaling specs (like sub).

Doing some sort of analysis for heroic nythendra vs mythic nythendra is probs going to give the 'fairest' result for both high and low gear level right now.

top 8 on heroic ursoc
top 2 on mythic ursoc

Sorry buddy but we both know that's too high for a non blizzard approved spec. WW and enhance better warm their asses up for the nerf bat, cant have classes doing better then mages, locks, rogues and feral druids.

>tfw unholy main

Well, time to kill myself I guess.

I think you might be confused about what a patchwerk fight ist, because the only fight on that list that comes close is ursoc.

>patchwerk phases
Makes no sense.

>sub rogues at the top

There is no fucking way, what did they change?

>Enhancement Shamans finally big dick single target damage and medium dick cleave after a long time.
>someone out there is wishing I get the fucking nerf bat instead of blizzard buffing other classes to my fucking standard out of envy and entitlement.

Jesus.

You realize if everyone gets buffed up, you will be medium dick single target and small dick cleave?

>balance will never get nerfed
>balance will never be outright bad
Feels good.

They really should give us the old Starfall back and rename current starfall mechanic to Hurricane. Would fix AoE while also buffing our single target.

MY real world raid experience has mages hunters and rogues at the top in every single scenario. monks and priests are good too but they are definitely on a lower tier.

They fukin stoooopid

Like no code has changed yet these results change?

OP is like 16 years old.

>playing scenarios

kys

Im maining Brewmaster.

I take literally twice the damage of a warrior while having shit self sustain. Kill me.

are you retarded?

brewmaster is a fucking trainwreck. Not only is it complete dog shit but it's got to be the most bland unfun spec in the game. that redesign is one of the worst tings blizz has ever done. i'm not exaggerating.

fuck sims . hunters are always good in mythic+ or raids WHY DO YOU LIE ON THE INTERNET ?!

merely pretending, roach

>sims
neck yourself

are there any sims for heals?

>Tfw a couple threads back someone tried to say that "Bring the player, not the class" justifies the pruning of abilities and unique utility that WoD and Legion pushed so hard.
Look at this chart.
JUST LOOK AT IT.
You're over 55 times more likely to see a Fire Mage than you are any other Mage.
You're over 612 times more likely to see a Fire Mage than a Frost Mage.
SIX HUNDRED AND TWELVE.

This is what happens when you make classes this mind numbing to play and bosses so mechanically simple.

Why don't you just look at fucking logs you retard?

not that dude but let me guess
fire is the go to spec while undergeared for some reason and arcane is for geared people? and frost for retards

That's more because frost was/is garbage dps wise without having enough utility to make up for it. I'm sure now that arcane has been buffed it'll start to rise as all the FotM shitters migrate to it

Brewmaster is the most involved tanking spec. They need numbers buffs and nothing else.

>aff

FUCK YALL I'M ABOUT TO SHILL OUT FOR A 100 BOOST FOR 50 BUCKS

evnthough my hunter is at lvl 70 and i'd probably only have to spend like 13 bucks for another month to get him to 100

>aff even close to the top
Nice joke

>Play Ret paladin
>Just having fun with it
>Damage buffed so it's not total garbage
>Likely to see another buff down the line

Glad i took the best advice out there and don't play the FOTM, it's going to get shit on eventually.

>Is that you, Thero'shan?

No it doesnt because it's logs from mythic you faggot

Cont.

But that isn't the most amazing thing to me.
What really surprises me is that FFXIV, a game with some of the most complicated and unforgiving classes and the most mechanically complex bosses brought into any MMO (A8S), manages to stay this balanced and maintain a real "Bring the player, not the class" structure.
All classes have huge amounts of wildly varying utility and are within 6% of one another in DPS despite being each one being so complicated to play compared to WoW specs.
The most played class and the least played class doesn't even reach a 2:1 ratio.

And that boils down almost entirely to Specs and how easy WoW classes are to play.
When there's no penalty to switching specs like having to put the time into levelling an alt, getting new gear or learning to play the class at peak potential then the average player is always going to pick the best spec.
There is no implementation of "Bring the player, not the class".
None of the pruning done in its name is justified.

The only reason Arcane is parsing that high is due to low sample size.
If you look at the Heroic statistics of the same fight you'll see that it is a full 10% below Fire Mage in DPS.

WTF I HATE MAGES NOW

>being shit

Retri paladins is one of the strongest ST melee specs right now, theyre not getting any buffs

based on the last dozen statistics, it seems mage is the only class that is safe from nerfs, but from buffs as well

the opposite. I usually don't say a single word and I never get mad or blame anyone other than myself. doesn't mean the classes aren't homogenized as fuck though

like I play an unholy dk. my guild has no reason to specifically take me over an arms warrior or vice versa just because of the class

>My sim is right
>No your sim sucks, my graph is right
>You graph sucks my sim is newera and more betterer
>Repeat once a week at least
>Affliction lock at or near the bottom on all of them
You know your spec has issues when no sim or graph ever has you doing even average dps.
but I can't help loving it

We're closer to arms single target with much better consistent AoE. And this is only the first raid, when fury warriors get closer to +40% haste while maintaining high enough mastery we will probably take over.

Fuck I hate how clunky new Starfall and FoE feel.

Why the fuck did they bring back Violet Hold? It's literally the worst dungeon ever invented

What they need is to be reverted to literally any prior patch's version of the spec. I hate current Brewmaster so fucking much, and it's not just because they're less effective.

In practice Fury isn't really all that close to Arms for ST, mostly because Arms tends to have a high upward variance whilst Fury is a relatively consistent spec.

It's amazing that FFXIV remains that balanced with some of the unique quirks the classes have.
Like how SMNs have the craziest AOE in the game, like 2-3 times as much in some cases, but the fact that they're punished so much for dying balances them out.
Black mages do less damage but are played quite a bit more because they're punished so little for dying. One Blizzard 3 and you're back to full mana.

Well, I said closer. But yes, arms is pretty much 30k ahead ST for now. It's better than 100k like it was pre patch.

People like to feel that they made the optimal choice, even if it is an illusion and will never matter for them. 85% of players are more held back by their own skills than the theoretical max dmg of their class.

This is because fire was superior in beta and for the first weeks of Legion. Like way superior. It was just straight better in all situations. So people started sinking their efforts into crit gear and upgrading their fire artifact.

>fury warriors shit in sims and logs
>am consistently top 3 dps in pugs and my guild

keep them buffs coming boys

>dk that low
Who's /suffering well/ here?

>85% of players are more held back by their own skills than the theoretical max dmg of their class.
No one who is actually raiding is playing short of their peak performance. The classes have become 3-7 button rotations and take almost no skill to play properly.
If you really mean that the 85% of players not raiding are absolutely retarded than I'd agree but let's not pretend that the sim numbers are effected by anything other than specific encounters limiting DPS.

>hunter tears

I agree, I really liked Guard and all the other spells, now its just 3 actives and a "STAGGER MOAR" with a 7min cooldown.

Jeez blizzard.

>Sims
wew

Even on the closest thing to a Patchwerk encounter in Nightmare, personally simming my character is nowhere near indicative of how I actually perform. Normally I'd err on the side of the numbers, but Ornyx is right, the sims are a big fucking meme right now.

I wrote a novel and then deleted it, you're retarded.
>When there's no penalty to switching specs like having to put the time into levelling an alt, getting new gear or learning to play the class at peak potential then the average player is always going to pick the best spec.
this statement makes no sense

it's cool if you like FF, I happen to think that spec balance isn't great right now in WoW, but it's hardly fair comparing spec representation from 1 week of raiding in a new expansion to logs on content that as far as I can tell has been out for a few months.

I think pic related is a lot more sad than people not playing bad, unfun dps specs when they have alternatives

>DPS sims
who cares, anyone got tank sims, best class for tanking, most mitigation, self heal?

So far warrior tanks have been pretty strong because of the grossly OP ignore pain.

>Outlaw run through relic bonus damaged changed from 8% to 6% ahh fuck it 2%

>ignore pain
>ignore pain
>ignore pain
>ignore pain
>ignore pain

fuck I hate proto warriors and how braindead easy they are while being best tank

>manages to stay this balanced and maintain a real "Bring the player, not the class" structure.
I would agree that they have finally achieved that with 3.4 but, it came with the cost of nerfing savage. Lets take Gordias Savage for example. AST and MCH were all but barred from Savage at the start. PLD was only taken on A2S. Because of DRK, MNK was never taken over a NIN. SMN was great for A1S and A2S but was rarely seen in A3S and A4S because it lacked the on demand burst needed, so most people just took a BLM for all turns. That's 4 jobs that wouldn't see any savage content for a while until gear allowed them to make up for their shortcomings, with 1 that was only useful in half the content.

I love XIV but, honestly as "unique" as the classes appear to be, besides their utility, most of them play very similarly in Heavensward and even Yoship said this is being addressed in 4.0.

I know the feels

>tfw survival hunter
I don't even know what to feel any more.

>this statement makes no sense
I'm sorry, but it does.
The specs in WoW are extremely simplistic, 2-5 button rotations simplistic, and gearing up a second spec for raiding doesn't take that much work. You can switch spec easily at the start of a raid tier.
FFXIV encourages players to have a main class by making each class hard to learn and even harder to master. MCH for example has a 28 button opener. Gear is locked to your specific type of DPS and is weekly capped. If it were this way in WoW this would be a huge issue because the specs are so poorly balanced and you could get locked into a shitty one for nature raid tier.

>but it's hardly fair comparing spec representation from 1 week of raiding in a new expansion to logs on content that as far as I can tell has been out for a few months.
I'll use recent content then. This new raid was released last Tuesday, this is the first week of raids.
As you can see classes are still within 10% of one another (this gap will close as well because the lowest classes, MCH and BRD, need to give out more Mana and TP in progression which costs them a ton of DPS.) and there isn't a single 2:1 gap between classes being picked.

>Lets take Gordias Savage for example.
AST and MCH were very poorly balanced at release. That's been resolved now.
The only thing that locked out PLD from the later fights was the fact that it was mostly magic damage. PLD focused almost entirely on physical damage, DRK was mostly magic damage and WAR is usually increases to health and protection from both.
They've achieved almost perfect balance with Midas and Creator is looking the same way.

This is the same, autistic, 10 days old simC screenshot

> latest sims are out

Yeah they are except they're not in your fucking picture OP you autistic faglord

>the city of Hunters

Yeah, except for the part where MM Hunters are one of the top tier raiding classes right now, who are competitive in every single EN fight.

the nerd that does the hunter sims fakes them. MM is top 3 in EN

rogue main here
we're pretty useful at Cenarius due to the potential of cleaning brambles off the ground

How recent is this chart

>scumbag dps

i thought raiding in wow was about enjoying content with your friends

wow sure has changed, or maybe its the age/mindset of the average gamer that has changed, either way youre a cunt

>sims

No

>the absolute most mobile ranged dps with a 2 button rotation is doing abnormally well in raids
BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE

An opener that takes over a minute and a half because of shitty forced GCD is not an opener.

>AST and MCH were very poorly balanced at release. That's been resolved now.
I know, shame it took them over a year to fix astro.

>The only thing that locked out PLD from the later fights was the fact that it was mostly magic damage. PLD focused almost entirely on physical damage, DRK was mostly magic damage and WAR is usually increases to health and protection from both.
Then that's not really a case of "take the player not the class" is it? Which is specifically why I pointed it out. Also, to say PLd focuses almost entirely on physical mitigation is false. It is more geared to it that is true but, it has similar non-aspected mitigation as DRK. Just like DRK isn't mostly magic damage mitigation considering it only has one spell for solely magic mitigation, granted it is on a really short CD. what solidified DRK over PLD in Gordias and Creator as well, since I have yet to see a PLD clear A12S, is the fact it bring far superior DPS at the cost of some "Oh shit" buttons which never really see that much use. Which is a real shame considering PLD have some cool skills. To be honest both are a joke compared to the synergy that is the Warrior toolkit. Yoshi said he is looking into buffing both tank classes up to the level WAR is it. I hope he realizes that WAR isn't great just because of potency but, because everything in their kit can work together in multiple ways.

>They've achieved almost perfect balance with Midas and Creator is looking the same way.
again I agree but, it came with the nerf of content. Creator is laughably easy compared to Gordias. Although, Gordias was too hard to really be healthy for the game Creator is too easy to really be worthy of Savage. That being Said still haven't seen a PLD or MNK clear it, rip.

Anyone who says their opener takes that long is retarded.

MoP/WoD Brewmaster was basically perfect.
Why the fuck did they have to gut it so badly?
You could say the same about MW, too, even if old MW had their issues.

>the FFXIV GCD
My constant first reminder of why I don't bother with the game whenever I start considering it again.
Consoles dragging down games as usual.

There are reasons to dislike the game but, the GCD isn't really one. Once you're max level there are a lot of abilities that are off the GCD that you use in between your GCD skills.

been playing memelaw

pretty fun, i seem to perform alright most of the time. getting screwed out on buff rolls does suck ass, though

>1 Day
>Mythic
>75 percentile first-week Mythic over a single day

What the fuck are you doing?
Do you realize that when you set it to such a limited window, some of those classes are only being represented by one or two parses?

Also:
>aggregate logs
>meaning anything with Xavius included

Raiding in WoW is about not being able to enjoy content because the friends you raid with bench you on bosses because you do garbage DPS, even on normal.

>anything but spriest_S2M deserving #1

why the fuck would you have a dps talent that LITERALLY FUCKING KILLS YOU if it doesn't make you the best dps?

>Artifact weapons require weeks of time investment if not month
>Your dps can either be top or shit depending on Blizzard's mood

Why are they fucking over people so hard? I don't mind 1 class performing slightly better than another but it's a serious fuck you to the casual player

>Once you're max level
aaaaaand that's the second one
Thanks user, I'm protected from XIV for another few months.
The only thing I wish for more than FFXIV not being a slow as hell tab target borefest is that it didn't manage to get so popular despite doing little to change up WoW's formula and just throwing a FF coat of paint on it.
I really love the Final Fantasy series and hate that I can't enjoy its MMO when I love the genre so much. It's two of my favorite things combined into something awful.

>being benched on normal
those aren't your friends, unless you're a shitter messing up mechanics

>casual player
>caring about being top dps

My biggest issue with the artifact weapons is that it punishes you for trying to vary your gameplay.
If you try any other spec you can at least get to your first gold trait before you hit the grind wall but have to start at the bottom again.
And you're just not allowed to play an alt at all.
At least make Artifact Knowledge account-wide or something, fuck. Maybe I want to have something else to do besides dps or heal for the entire expansion.

refunding AP should allow you to put it in another spec desu

Patchwerk Fight means you stand in one place. The Boss dont move and you just do dps like it's Target Dummy

None of the Bosses in EN are Patchwerk

AP should just be given to all other specs at lower rate i.e. 50% when any AP is consumed value, artifact knowledge should work in a similar way just account wide and put mechanisms in place to stop you from hitting level 10 in 5 days with 10 110 alts.

>that variance on surrender to madness and outlaw

S2M doesn't actually have a high variance in reality unless you fuck up and kill yourself, there isn't much RNG about Spriest overall unless you talent it. Outlaw is a different heap of bullshit and Arms has an even higher variance.

Where do you guys get these sims from.

FROST DKS ARE GREAT AGAIN

>affli lock tier
>great

>affliction warlock being on the same caliber as demonology essentially

These parses are dumb. Affliction needs to stay pvp.

>play a BM Hunter
Wew ladz.

>We're taking away your mobility but in return you'll become a death machine once you reach your target

cool class fantasy, thanks again

Never believe Blizzard's word for anything when it comes to being compensated for downsides. Just look at Fury.

They need to get all of these within 5% of each other. This artefact weapon bullshit means spec switching isn't much of an option now.

The idea behind these weapons is cool and all, but the execution is awful.

fury warriors were brought back to reasonable levels and they also have mobility

people in my guild who are in the middle of that chart routinely finish fights at over 300k. these sims are fake and gay

No. No they are not. Blizzard forcing Frost Dks to dual-wield is retarded. Two handed frost in PVP was great because, even with resilience, the raw damage could not be stopped.

>Reasonable levels
>Can only do actual dps for 5 seconds every 50 seconds
>1 Defensive
>Execute Phase is broken due to short buff duration on Juggernaut
Fury's a mess and a joke, even after the "buffs".

They are made to be average. Back in the Cata days, sims were always five thousand DPS higher than the world's best players could pull off. They were made for players with no movement, that were always attacking the boss.

nah, there should just be upsides to having lower DPS, like having high mobility/utility/survivability, instead of being complete trash like frost DKs

>Execute Phase is broken due to short buff duration on Juggernaut
?
just do an unenraged execute to refresh the duration if you get unlucky

blood DK here
suffering a little too well right now brother

In the execute phase your rotation becomes:
>Execute > Free Rampage > Execute
The problem is on boss fights everything have mechanics that requires you to move out of range or the boss moves away, and with a 6 second buff you can't afford the boss being away from you. That's the issue.

>tfw demo
All we needed was a mastery increase blizzard. Why did you think just giving us +damage on everything was a good idea.

>ability literally called "Obliterate"
>it does fuck all damage, less than abilities in blood and frost with better effects
forcing the Cata talent tree on DKs was a mistake

>demo that high
As a demo main that's bull. Since most dungeons and raids are now DDR clones and we have have like 2 instant damage spells and one is situational. That'd really hamper our DPS unless we have the healer focus us.

Or maybe you can admit you do garbage damage because you are garbage ?

I do a pretty consistent 250-270k dps on raid bosses in 848 gear. 330 doesn't seem that much of a stretch.
I don't use shadowflame though because it sounds too irritating.

>it's a "Killing Machine procs at the exact second you hit Obliterate to burn runes" episode
I really love losing DPS for no reason other than bad luck

youre right that is annoying

>he uses KM procs on frostscythe

>not using KM on Frostscythe when it saves a rune and does 100k more damage

Anyone got some resto tips / tricks? Like best time to use flourish and whatnot.

I can heal well up until around Mythic 4+ but in Raids i feel useless while other Restos are way better. Should i just be spamming Wild Growth?

>went unholy because frost is shit
>unholy at the bottom

desu tho i havent tried massacre yet, it has great synergy with fury traits but not having Carnage seems like you'd lose consistency

That's another issue with Fury. You need Massacre for the Execute phase to work but it comes at the cost of not having as many Rampages during the fight.

With Massacre you can stay enraged from the free Rampage procs and just spam Executes.
Without it you have to gamble on Bloodthirsts to crit to even Enrage during the Execute phase, plus you have to choose between Execute or Rampage in that scenario.

It's a mess.

>sims
fuck off. these are proven wrong every single time

I feel you

MoP and WoD Warrior tanks were actually fun to play. Legion Prot is so shit to play. All your avoidance is just ABSORB ABSORB ABSORB REFRESH IP AND HIT SHIELD BLOCK AND REPEAT

It's brainlessly fucking boring. Not to mention Arms being viable relies entirely on using a build that turns you into a DPS slot machine. If you don't get any Tactician procs, say goodbye to all your DPS.

Also, why the FUCK are Prot and Arms so fucking rage starved, but Fury has an unending pool of overflowing rage?? It makes no fucking sense and just feels awful constantly being rage starved. And the fact that rage gen was nerfed for Prot is absolute bullshit.

>It's a mess.
Sums up legion class design in a nutshell really, if you aren't a WW monk your spec just has glaring mechanical issues that they haven't fixed in the years of development for legion.

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749266521

As before, they'll probably increase one ability by 5%, while upping the damage of other classes by 12%

>plays havoc demon hunter
>Isn't built around the momentum talent
Care to explain yourself user?

>mostly play BM hunter
>get a new ring in a mythic today that has about -400 mastery compared to the +1000ish mastery ring I currently have but +5 ilvl and more stam/haste
>also like playing MM hunter
Guess I won't bother using that +5 ilvl ring. I need all the damage I can get.

wow thats a really interesting story. thanks for sharing, user

How can anyone enjoy WoW anymore
This is coming from someone who put litetall u a total of 155 days into the game
It's all stats
It bores me to death. I felt obligated each and every day to play it
If I didn't go on a raid one night or level a toon I'd feel bad
It took my life over and I didn't enjoy it for about a year
Now I'm free of that burden

> Why does Fury have Rage.

Class Fantasy.

You're welcome.
Thanks for the (you), I'll cherish it forever. Here, have one yourself.

>Havoc demon hunter
>Mastery is the worst stat
>This is master gear: the expansion
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I have 20% actively avoiding it. Critical is at 40% and haste is at % and I think I genuinely have next to no versatility atm

W-we do what the living cannot

dps like a dead man?

The only good thing about modern wow is that you can really play whatever spec you want and it works

Stay priority > ilvl dude.

Only braindeads give a fuck about ilvl.

>nah, there should just be upsides to having lower DPS, like having high mobility/utility/survivability, instead of being complete trash like frost DKs

We call those classes "tanks".

>Overbuffing Warlocks to the extreme

How can Blizzard continue to be so retarded?

It's like they buff and nerf solely based on how hard a fanbase cries to them.

Raging Blow: Cost 0 Rage, Generates 5 Rage
Bloodthirst: Cost 0 Rage, Generates 10 Rage
Endless Rage Talent: Auto Attacks generate 30% more Rage

Fury have those three things and only two abilities that actually cost Rage: Rampage at 85, or 70 if talented and Execute. Nothing else cost Rage.

I'm still upset they tool away every dk spec being a tank and I've literally never played DK
It was a neat idea. Made the "hero class" distinction matter beyond a level boost. And would give DKs an out when every mouth breathing retard complains they aren't a hero class and blizz nerfs their DPS yet again

problem is , everyone who raids even at the most casual level will think ilevel is all that matters
you may thank guilds and pugs leader asking "ilevel"

As fun as Legion is so far content-wise, I won't even deny how badly fucked class balance is.

Warrior just feels like shit - Fury has zero survivability, Arms is only viable if you build around FR and turn into an RNG cannon (that now does mid-range DPS after several nerfs), and Prot is just spamming SS, SB, and dumping whatever rage you can into IP.

It's because our class fantasy is rip n tear.

I miss Wrath fury.

>It's like they buff and nerf solely based on how hard a fanbase cries to them.

Been like this since forever.
Also whatever the pve/pvp devs play at any given time will always be minimum middleground.

I just wish Blizzard would do something about the fucking ramp up time for the warlock specs, or at least for demo. There's something seriously wrong if the other pure dps classes can open with a burst of 300k+ dps in any fight while it still takes me at least several seconds to get to maybe 250k+ dps if I burn all my cooldowns.

They should get rid of this hero class completely. I'd love to play a dk or dh from level one and slowly build up from there.

Pugs ask because it's the closest thing they have to a way to filter shitters out

I miss Die by the Sword as Fury. Merging it and ER was fucking retarded.

If only we actually hit hard enough to "rip n tear"

its your class identity

Hero class is smart though. It'd make no sense to be a DH or dk from level 1.

>T19P
If by now you're still playing at 840 ilvl you shouldn't be caring about sims.

Show me some T19H or even better, T19M

But it would be fun.

I thought tier gear wasn't in EN and started in nighthold? Am I retarded

Nighthold is on the PTR I think.

So on a scale of completely true to absolutely true. What are the chances that Blizzard held off the other DH DPS spec because it wouldn't canonically fit until the story develops further/to make it seem like their doing more during the expac.

I'm ready for my Fel Warden spec with Cordana's Glaive artifact.

We'll get buffed soon, r-right?

I thought blizz was being really quiet about the nighthold, from what i heard they didn't allow gul dan to be beta tested by the community

WHY CAN'T I RECRUIT SILVER KNIGHTS IN LEGION APP ANYMORE? I'm mad

>standerd divation bars.
Fuck what i really wanted to see. Now how was this data taken?

High sd skew tells a lot and is a major hazard to balance. Look at the high on the outlaw, the low on the shadow priest, or the wide as fuck both ways on the arms.

>spec that can't target switch, can't move, can't do burst damage, can't aoe well, and can't cleave well is the best single target spec in the game
Wow omg so unfair.

>I've been blizzards favorite for several expansions and being left in the cold for once in favor of the new hotness class that stole a move and my aesthetic has left me perpetually assblasted waaaaaah

>best single target spec in the game
lol you wish

you think wrong

I don't get what the problem with warlock is now.
The class should be what the cinematic with Guldan depicted it. Crippled evil wizard casting green spells.

Then how did we find out that Gul'dan dies like a bitch?

they took our spells
they took our language
reparations when?

>spec being shit
Enjoy, fucktard.
>spec for once since fucking vanilla getting raped
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Cry in a bottle, I'm thirsty.

Because he's a raid boss. Judging from past raids i think it's safe to say he dies

Okay so I have both the Assa and Outlaw artifact upgraded to the point where they jumped to 6k for an upgrade.
I have little inventory spaced cause I have a lot of artifact stuff.
Would it be better to throw this stuff into my Assa weapon, or go get the Subtlety artifact and invest in that, up to 6k, then go back to Assa?

lmfao sounds like you're mad we got buffs and your class got shat on nerd

You should probably get one weapon up to 16-20 before switching.

>No matter the logs Elemental's still shit and will always be shit

>trying to level up three different artis
>as a pure dps class

Is there anything worse than Warlock players?

>people hating on WW Monk
You guys are just jealous of my Rising Sun Kick

Blizzard's attempts at balance

>You should probably get one weapon up to 16-20 before switching.
it costs more AP to go from 13-14 than it does to go 1-13

>6k
Did you start yesterday? I'm the casualest player, only finished two dungeons on normal, never touched any heroic or higher, storyline still not finished and I have 34k on one and 11k on the other.

Rogue players. Even on RPPVE servers, they tag enemies just before you attack. See an enemy become grey, I back off immediately.

Quests (at least used to) give a lot of artifact power.

>Sims

I'd rather look at actual performance.

Mythic pool is too small I'd reckon

>fury worst DPS
>despite the fact they take 15% extra damage
kek

>affliction warlock ends up being best
Nani?

I've gotten enough to go from 1-16 in a day.
It's not that big of a deal later on but getting your core traits on what should be your main spec is a big deal.

It's almost like dealing nearly full DPS while moving is a really good thing on fights that involve movement.

>tank asks me to turn pet taunt off
>tell him to actually attack mobs
>he says he will kick me if I don't turn it off
>kick him for reason "pet taunt"
>it passes

How in gods name am I supposed to get rep with the nightfallen after honored? There's no more quests and I've done all the world quests

There are more quests, go find them.

Do more world quests. Do withered training. If you haven't gotten leyline bling go kill yourself.

>people keep posting mythic fights when some of those specs don't even have a single parse from some fights

No it's because mythic logs are really rare right and Affli can top Dragons of Nightmare. If you look at Nythendra you'll see just how garbage affli is.

There are no more quests.

There are no more world quests. Withered training has a 3 day cd. I have already done that.

Do more world quests you piece of shit.

>Do more world quests you piece of shit.

There are no more world quests. Besides, they only give 75 rep. At that rate it would take weeks.

Destro is hands down better than Aff on Dragons of Nightmare. Destro is head and shoulders better than ANY other spec on Dragons.

>There are no more quests.

Then you're already Revered you shithead. You can get nine out of the eleven chapters done before hitting revered, with the 10th unlocking at revered.

Darkmoon faire is out.

You're in luck then since pug see your global ilvl and not equipped ilvl
I have 846 equipped but 852 global, all they will see is 852

There's a reason for that

>You can get nine out of the eleven chapters done before hitting revered

I've done 8, and you need 8k/12k to get the next one

So you're missing an entire quest chain, go do it.

Well there is literally 1 parse for affli doing Dragons Mythic and they did 400k, the top for destro was 423k, so the assertion that affli CAN top dragons is still true.

Which class has the best burst and least ramp up time?

>So you're missing an entire quest chain, go do it.

>and you need 8k/12k to get the next one

Dam nigga, you ain't too smart

Oh and an spriest and fire mage have both hit about 450k on dragons so there is that too.

9 are available before 8k, not 8. the 10th is at 8k, and the 11th is in 7.1. You probably missed the Devilsaur one, now pull your head out of your ass.

Demon hunters and monks are pretty good at that shit.

>mythic
So, what like 10 parses each?

Fury warrior has pretty low ramp up (1 GCD's worth) but the 700k dps burst only lasts about 5 seconds.

which ranged dps spec do i play if i want to lazily do good single target and aoe damage?

What devilsaur quest?

>tfw just tried leveling as elemental shaman

that was the worst time of my life. how do people do that. the damage is so pitiful. fuck this, im going back to my fire mage.

Marks Hunter. Literally braindead to play at maximum efficiency.

The one you get in the Zoo.

What classes are guilds recruiting these days?

if i had to choose a ranged magic spec, what would you say?

What is the most fun to play rogue spec?

Elemental Shaman is impossible to fuck up.

Ursoc has people move for the charge
Dragons have a lot of target switching and movement with AoE and flowers etc
ll'gynoth? Are you fucking joking? There's nothing patchwerk at that encounter, eve the phase 2 has people constantly move because of the AoE.

Either you don't know what patchwerk means, or you are just an idiot.

More likely he hasn't done Ursoc on any difficulty higher than Normal and doesn't realize how much extra movement there is in Heroic and Mythic.

>recommending someone ele shaman

don't be a dick. ignore this. go fire mage or destro warlock. both easy specs with plenty of dps

Thanks dickhead I'll go look for it now

>Frost is actually not bad at all
>Unholy on the other hand sucks dick
>mfw literally all top-geared DKs in the game that play for good guilds are unholy/blood
>They all blindly believed the sims

Frost was absolute garbage until it was buffed. Literally +20% nearly across the board with Remorseless Winter getting a +50% buff.

The sims were right, Frost was garbage.

>recommending warlock ever

Sims STILL put frost as absolute garbage you retard.

>stopped doing mythics for a week
>almost all pugs just want to do stone runs or nothing
>Guildies won't even bother

Should've saw this coming, fine, be that way. I'll just stop playing completely.

SHUT UP. BLIZZARD JUST BUFFED US. WE'RE BETTER THAN FIRE MAGES RIGHT NOW.

You should probably look at things more individually. This trend doesn't change on the other boss fights, there aren't enough frost DK logs so it takes the highest ones from each and averages them when it comes to the overall viewing.

It is. DK's on the whole are.

What the fuck spec am I supposed to play as a rogue now? This variance is fucking ridiculous and I like outlaw but I'm not going to play it if it's shit

Man I'm warlock and even with the buffs our mechanics are hot garbage.
Would drop this class fast if I wasn't a roleplayer and pretty much in love with the lore

>Not using FR/Ultimatum build
>Not using Shield Block
>Not using Intercept to friendly targets to maximize rage

I'm sure you do fine with just IP spam in LFR, but try some real content and you will notice that there's a lot more to prot warriors than that.

>tfw wanna play a fire mage
>all my guild saying they're shit and going to be nerfed
>autism is kicking in and won't let me decide

Say it to my top dps, faggot

> Ret was on the bottom
> Now it is on top
> Hunters on the bottom

Doubt

>want to like Shadow Priest
>Surrender to Madness exists

Fuck this

It's a static sim. It's also why demo is on top.

ret paladins on nythendra do inflated damage because of a bug causing one of their passives to proc every time someone gets MC'd (ie; all the time)

Outlaw has highest potential DPS, but can get fucked over by rng.
Assassination does a bit less damage than Outlaw, but is much more stable.

I like that my raiding group went from 4 hunters to no hunters. For years they've had to do every mechanic.

I like the high risk high reward aspect of outlaw though

>Literally only thing that would need to be done to fix brewmaster is making brews not share the charges
>Still nothing
Their design retardation would quickly come to light if they did same for example to paladins having 3 stacks on heal and shared charges
Except they still would be better because their active mitigation reduces their damage taken by 40-50% for 4.5 seconds instead of removing 17.5-37.5% out of last attack with half of that for magic damage.

>cant decide on hunter, mage or warlock

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

>9 are available before 8k, not 8. the 10th is at 8k, and the 11th is in 7.1.

The fuck you talking about? The entire chain is doable already.

Final quests unlock at 20k/21k

It still is garbage.

>Frost only has parses on literally 3/7 of the mythic bosses where unholy has all 7
>only fight Frost beat unholy was Elerethe
>frost literally only has 5 parse from that fight
>max frost dps that fight: 260k
>max unholy dps that fight: 284k
>tiny sample size and low representation is just inflating its actual value

The average retard not being able to understand something as simple as warcraft logs is probably why balance is so shit in this game. If you actually knew how terrible frost is right now maybe blizzard would do something more about it.

>You probably missed the Devilsaur one, now pull your head out of your ass.

I did that and it gave me zero rep. What now?

Meanwhile here is an actual comparison that shows how terrible blizzard is at balancing this game

iirc that was fixed but this also wasn't a post relating to rets, instead it was about the state of DKs.

>watching overalls
>watching overalls of 15 logs
what does it feel to be a shitter?

>It's not popular
>That means it's bad
You sound like the retard here tbqh m8

Warcraftlogs tank rating algorithm is an awful metric of assessing relative perfomance, this was explicitly stated by the person who came up with the algorithm, it also heavily favours just spamming IP regardless of the situation to inflate your rating..

Rogues are at the top in EN though, so sims don't matter

>not just spamming all of your abilities as hard as possible to become the machine gun

As a Destruction Warlock I wish "Grimoire of Sacrifice" was more viable in raids.

Pets are fun for leveling and soloing shit but they suck ass in dungeons and raids.

Where are the healing sims?

Literally what reason is there to be a shadow priest?

>Pop S2M
>You are now playing a high-APM minigame with your rotation in order to stay alive, whilst also dealing with all of the boss mechanics
>If you make a single mistake with either of these things, you die

>mfw a shadow priest applies to be in our pugs or raids

>tfw did 250k dps as outlaw rogue on N Ursoc this week
>a fire mage and arms warrior in our group can barely break 100k on any boss
>they consistently do less dps than both tanks

I hope they get a talking to on how the fuck to play their class or get replaced.

Even as demo the movement on ursoc isn't that bad on heroic. We still have lifetap/shadowflame. Plus I always take burning rush because it's not like anything is ever going to kill me.

>Heroic

GTFO noob.

>that's what he got out of that post

Thanks for demonstrating your subhuman IQ

Any shadow priests here? What do you guys do on fights like Dragons when a bunch of adds stack together and their health bars start shuffling around everywhere? Keeping good DoT uptime is a pita. Are there any addons to help with this?

Maybe you should stop being in a trash guild?

That made me interested in it. Sounds fun as fuck.

I do like just near 200k on enh with no traits put in and shit relics

That is fun.

I already half decent as fury. Hopefully all these low sims and logs make Blizz toss another buff our way.

Almost at the last gold trait too.

It's basically what your post means though, you retarded faggot. Literally no top guild even has a frost dk, and yet the few frost dks in mythics aren't doing so terribly.

The fact that there isn't much data doesn't confirm that the spec is bad, only that hardly anyone plays it. You can go through the top geared DKs in world progress, you won't find a single frost one in the top 500 or so.

Mythic+ is way too fucking stressful for my tastes honestly

Enemygrid.

How long until Blizzard nerfs S2M into the floor so it stops being pretty much the only option on that talent tier and spriests lose their identity entirely?

>MM Hunter 853

>doing 170k on bosses despite aimed shotting through vulnerable, never wasting aimed shot, speccing to murder of crows and keeping up trueshot

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AAAAAAAAAAA

When they decide to nerf sidewinders and patient sniper, aka never

>tfw too scared to pug raids
I'm 850 and I've watched vids for all bosses but I'm still afraid to apply to groups ...

Just checked it out, thanks user it's just what I was looking for!

Yeah yeah, you're reposting, we get it, it's a meme

>tfw fire mage

when is the nerf hammer coming for us bros? warlocks in my guild keep screaming about mages getting nerfs

>Havoc Demon Hunter
>Join heroic or Coren run
>40-50% of the group damage
>Join mythic
>20-30%
>I got a demon hunter barely breaking 100k in a group yesterday and was doing triple their DPS most of the time
How can anyone be this bad at this class? The skill ceiling is decently high but the floor is so low. It's hard to fuck up demon hunter play.

>be me
>be gay
>guild doesn't know about it
>they keep using offensive terms like "fag" or "faggot" in gchat
>want to leave but they're the only decent guild in the realm
>tfw

people still pug raids?

>Stale old copypastas
>Someone is gonna fall for them anyway

>being triggered by words
lel, what a faggot

>TRIGGERED
stop being such a little faggot, fag

You'd be surprised how dreggy the dregs of this game are.
>Decide to pug the first few bosses of EN first week because I missed them with guild
>Starting Ilg oh well still will get my bear fight after
>No one doing anything right
>Corrupters staying up 5ever
>AoEs left all over the place in front of the eye
>Do the right thing and take the corruption AoEs out to the edge of the map
>"What the fucks this Denon hunter doing man?"
Pugs are 99% retarded. Even if you're shit at games you'll at least be middle of the pack

>getting my cock sucked by a belf cutie

>dc's

Did you get critical strike or did you fall for the mastery/versatility meme?

Anyone else here switch from fury warrior to enh shaman when they realized blizzard doesn't know how to fix fury?

i thought it was haste/mastery

im gonna be pissed if its actually crit/haste

I love how most of Cred Forums pretends to be in bleeding edge progression raiding guilds where the difference of 20k dps one class might have from another will seriously impair their game.

No, the chances are you never did a current content heroic that wasn't a carry run. Stop pretending class dps balance matters is gonna destroy your game or something,

>Switching to a shaman

lmaoing@urlife

No, I'm not some faggot who rerolls to fotm because my spec isn't at the top

We do what the living cannot. Just wait till the buffs. We will persevere, knights of Acherus.

>Me and My 3 other Unholy DK Bros are the 4 Horsemen of My guilds Raid Team and we will never give up

>Ironsworn Knights, Form Rank!

>dat ret paladin spiking up over 15 other specs

Wtf, i know ret got buffed but is it really that big of a game changer?

if most of your raid is doing -20k dps, you'd better believe it'll make everything more painful

>tfw just healed a heroic EoA for daily where everyone else didn't know mechanics
>dps pulled hydra while serpentrix boss is going on
>tank didn't stick to serpentrix and tanked the hydra far away so boss started raging for like 20 seconds
>dps didn't know how to kill adds on warlord
>people didn't know how to deal with gaseous bubble
>people ran around like headless chickens in final boss instead of sticking to starting location and only having arcane bomb target run away from group
>still managed to brute force through it with heals to keep everyone alive

I know I should've left and let them fail so they learn mechanics but there was a call to arm healer reward in it when I queued. But holy shit these fucking pug groups.

I gave fury a chance and they "buffed" it but didn't change shit. Enjoy the shittiest spec.

>tfw hearing stories about how bad pugs are

as a new player it feels great knowing there's people even more retarded than me.

>newfags falling for copypasta

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/>be me >be gay >guild doesn't know about it/

That's the Plight of every Frost and everyone who has ever Played it.

You're not in any competent guild anyway so fuck right off lol

Fury still shite. Maybe if they actually gave Odyn's Champion a decent proc rate we'd be better.

As a blood dk i think the new talents are just dumb why are rune tap, purgatory and spectral deflection even talents also our blood shield is shit even if were to stack mastery it would be shit something that i se want back is my blood presence and other ones too

>t-they just aren't geared
You can break warcraft logs down by ilvl you fucking simpleton. Actually click on the link and move through the ilvl brackets.

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=99

Here's for 99th percentile, meaning the people pushing near maximum dps. Big surprise, Frost is getting beat at every ilvl bracket

>Literally no top guild even has a frost dk

Because it was and still is awful. I already explained how the way the data was presented made it look like frost is doing okay but you're too fucking stupid to even understand that.

If there are no more balance changes in the next few weeks all that is going to happen is more data is going to come in and you're just going to look even more retarded for thinking frost was decent based on 5 parses from a single fight (elerethe).

Pic related. Your stupidity.
>jeeze why is frost's average dps so inflated?

I've been diehard fury since vanilla but Mememen Hunter is just too much fun
>Bouncing around all over the place
>Optimizing momentum windows
>Taking advantage of terrain for more momentum attack time
>Shitting out big burst of damage
>Nothin personnel kidding the fuck out of big packs teleporting and ashing all over the place then fucking Cyclopsing them

>Fury warrior aoe is spam whirlwind and bigger whirlwind when it's up, if big whirlwind and buffed whirlwind are good to go at the same time use dragons roar, maybe a rampage now and then. Bladestorm as a CD.
It's SO underwhelming.

>play resto/off-hance shammy and alt fire mage during lich king
>quit
>friends finally manage to pull me back in, but on opposite faction
>join guild they found
>decide to main fire mage instead this time and power level one through invasions
>finally want to level up a shaman too so I can have my two favorite classes available now that my mage is raid ready
>constantly getting ribbed by the guild for jumping on the hance bandwagon and playing fotm specs since I started fire mage too
Kill me.

>2 surv hunters
>828 mm hunters

Love it when meme specs are getting thrown out like the trash they are by the players

>mage has the legendary that lets him bloodlust an extra 1-2 times a fight
>never uses bloodlust

>faggot trying this hard to make his braindead 2 button class seem complicated.

Nigga, you spam throw glaive and chaos bite, thats fucking it. occassionally fel rush for 20% more dmg and more chaos bite spamming

I concede that the skill floor is too high. But the skill ceiling is up there. I shit on practically any other demon hunters I run into because they just hit buttons at random and do stupid shit like run out of fel rushes and backflips when throw glaive is about be up again.

>tfw you get the warp lego instead of the pyroblast one
So close...

Stop posting anytime. Pooling fury to spam your one button after you fel rush doesnt make you skilled, a fucking inbred baboon can manage that.

>b-b-b-but im better than other demon cunters.
That just means they're even more trash than you. Shocking, I know, that a braindead class attracts braindead morons that use eyebeam singletarget.

It's because Obliterate does Physical Damage for reasons unknown when all your self buffs increase Frost Damage.

Congratulations in two posts you've proven that you know nothing about the game and on equal footing both as DH I would fucking destroy you.

Senpai eyebeam foti and fel barrage are still powerful on single target.

Lemme guess your upset we took metamorphosis away? Why is it always warlocks instigating class shitposting? Your the Australians of WoW

>eyebeam singletarget is good
>im better than you

If you werent absolute bottom tier trash, you'd know that eyebeam singletarget is a massive dps loss.

Who /notbeentouched/ here? Still enjoying my Holy Paladin and having fun doing Heroic EN.

SV has god awful mechanical issues that should've never been let out of alpha, like most classes.

It has a higher DPET than Chaos Strike so outside of that 100 talent CD you should try to use it as often as possible. Are you a shitter that hasn't even got to his Anquish trait yet?

This is false though user. It definitely shits out more DPS . MAYBE if you get demon within. To proc on all four chaos strikes. But good luck with that.

Oh believe me, I left a lot of class feedback and herbalism/alchemy in beta

But since I'm ">EU" they don't care or even read EU feedback anyway

>he seriously believes this in 7.0.3
I have some bad news for you, buddy.
Rogues are trash tier now.

>TFW your a UHDK and your guild thinks your DPS is good but you know in fact that all the rest of your guild is bad so your average 80th percentile DPS looks good by comparison.

Not even just going by the sims. Mythic and heroic logs also show that a great majority of specs should be beating me.

>10 Arcane Mages
>5 Frost DKs
>2 Survival Hunters
>1 (ONE) Frost Mage

Jesus Christ.

>Get sapped in a bg
>Laugh at what is about to happen to the rogues anus
>Let him DPS me through stuns without using my get out of jail free trinket
>Still destroy him
Ahahahahahaha

Ok son, if you say so.

I'm sure that the top players are wrong, and a lfr shitstain such as yourself knows better.

Cloak of shadows to soak brambles on cenarius.

Cheat death to stay inside heart room on the tree boss after it kills everyone / everyone runs out

Cheat death / Cloak of Shadows to solo soak meteors on xavius.

Cloak of shadows to get less rot stacks on mythic nythendra then any other DPS.

Vanish to despawn the second phase adds on Xavius that you have agro'd but no one else has yet agro'd.

Evasion to tank Elerethe while the wing tank can pick up and properly round up the spiders from the bridge removing a lot of responsibility from the raid and second tank.

Bribe a 'humanoid' corrupted trees during M/H Cenarius.

Rogue has more utility than any other melee.

A bunch of people left feedback and early beta things were looking better than they do right now. Then more people got in and bitched about shit, then the class fantasy bullshit really took over and just ruined mechanical design across the board whilst keeping everything homogenised as fuck outside of a few cases.

>MM, the spec which has been consistently good for three expansions in a row is now bottom-tier
i'd rather die than play boredom mastery and the other meme spec, though

MM is bottom tier garbage in sims but is absolutely amazing in a real raid environment so if you can't deal damage it's your own fault for being shit at a 2 button spec.

It doesn't even get hard til 7+ senpai...

>spamming ww
shit

>Act superior and act like I'm an ebin mythic raider
my favorite Cred Forums meme

> but is absolutely amazing in a real raid environment
i'm sitting at a steady 240k dps at ilvl 853
and taking into consideration that the fights where we truly shine are add-heavy fights, which in the case of Emerald Nightmare is only Elerenthe, Cenarius (though thornskin is always fucking you up so you can't even use barrage) and lastly the last phase of Xavius, and I'm sort of beginning to see why I'm getting outpaced by other dps, especially in single-target fights like Ursoc

>mfw DK

>Single target fights like ursoc
>Thinks blizzard or anyone else cares about dps performance in anything but mythic raiding

>fury warrior kind of sucks
>but it's okay since everyone else is garbage at the game and fury is pretty fun

Those sims don't mean a lot. Learn to play your class and you'll out perform pretty much 90% of the people playing this game.

Unless you're warlock. Then I dunno, have fun with your shitty soul shard system I guess.

Fury is the most boring I've ever seen it. Played it vanilla-wrath.

Why does the class design have to be so dog shit in Legion? I am thoroughly enjoying the content outside of nightfallen rep grinding but so many specs are just not fun to play. Honestly, the only one that I am really enjoying is holy priest.

I just really like the combination of furious slash and that talent that makes rampage a 4 second CD. It smooths out the rotation so there's no downtime at all.

A lot of melee DPS have to wait around for stupid shit, but not fury. There's something you can be pressing at all times, which makes it super fun to play.

How good is MW Monk compared to Resto Shaman/Druid? I don't even care about disc priest, boring ass class.

Logs show MW performing slightly better than both. Healers are pretty balanced right now, though.

>It smooths out the rotation so there's no downtime at all.

Is that what you think fun is? lol

XD

Oh god this is me right now
>Leveled/play ass rogue
>get to around 843 ilvl first week
>instadeclined for all mythic groups in premade
>make an alt to pass the time in game
>get rogue to 851 with some lucky drops
>still no mythic experience and even more instadecline and everyone is hard up on mythic+

Fuck this game. Last expansion it was the same shit. If you didn't get the shipyard plans from the whaleshark boss in Tanaan or didn't do most of that type of content the first week it came out, you were shit out of luck.

so at T19 I'll be doing less DPS than I am now? amazing simulations

Yeah, actually.

I'm playing a video game, so I wouldn't mind being able to press some buttons every now and again. Why would I want to sit there and wait for something to come off cooldown? It's not fun gameplay no matter what.

>he can't deal with less than half of barrages new listed cleave damage against secondary targets
maybe get new healers? lmao

>Shadowpriest slipping more and more with each update.
such is life as a priest.
Glad I don't play WoW anymore. By the end of Legion, Priest will be the piss on class again. Thats what always happens.

Awesome, thanks

>on top of RNG loot you have RNG specs where you don't know which one to invest your AP into when blizzard releases balance patches

you get every artifact trait. its not that complicated

idk
they tell me not to use it on the thorn skin bullshit but i desperately want to

they can fuck off. then.

though you don't want him entering his last phase with adds still up

Shadow priests using StM correctly can pull damn near 500kdps, other classes are looking at between 300 and 350 really pushing it

Who else /unsubbed/ already?

>went BM but it was doing subpar in raids
>bust my ass to farm AP to get caught up on MM
>now it's shit too
>tfw

then you do 0 dps while dead

>BoP, LoH, 35% less damage taken/20% more damage done when raid member dies, blessings that increase raids dps, one of the highest single target DPS melee classes in the game, freedom, bubble which can cheese like crazy, immune to disables, ability to take care of themselves with SoV, extremely high burst DPS

Reminder that there is literally no reason not to invite that Ret that just applied to your raid.

wew lad. just look at that [Ignore Mechanics]

just get every trait bro haha

Which means exactly fucking nothing since the boss is dead so you get A. mad purps and B. to post big dick parses that make fire mages quiver with envy everybody wins.

All of us. We're here talking about how our specs perform because we aren't playing.

The vast majority of fights aren't decided by DPS.

This is coming from a DPS player, too. The only DPS checks that come to mind are Ursoc and Evil Tree.

join the glorious arcane master race before its too late user

As a ret pally, am I supposed to buff the whole raid with blessings? I'm not doing that, fuck, I rather reroll.

>freeze frame that one time you did 500k dps for a few seconds
>U JELLY MAGES?

>AP is supposed to keep you locked into subbing
>all it does is piss people off and make them unsub when their spec gets BTFO

wew lad

can you still cheat death inside the heart room?

What does a comment like that even mean other then to be pointlessly contrarian? Aside from the obvious every boss needs healers to keep the raid up, tanks to keep it busy and dps to make its dead, most EN fights are actually dps checks they're just so under tuned nobody noticed till mythic.

Nythendra will kill you because after every HotS phase she rots more people, basically if you can't kill her in 4 it's a wipe on mythic because of the damage and mcs.

Ursoc is designed as a dps check

Iggs auto kills the raid after two heart phases

Cenarius has a 30% burn race

Xavius has a 30% burn race

a lot of that sounds like completely unintended fun though. expect most of those to be gone in a few hot fixes

You clearly have not played legion, or a ret pally, because if you did, you'd know that we can only have 3 blessings out at a time.

Which is why you put might on the 3 highest DPS.

Saw it coming the moment they announced artifacts. Always said it'd be that one feature that when the expansion is over they'll say "Artifacts weren't bad, they were a great concept, but they didn't fit in with the vision we had for Legion as well as they could have" like they do every time they try to address a big feature that everyone hated, like Ashran or garrisons.

1. I'm not a spriest
2. Do you understand how statistics work? Parses aren't a snapshot.

every single feature, talent and mechanic they will say that about down the line. they just keep redesigning the game not understanding what the fuck they're doing and hoping for the best

>DK

FUCKING REEEEEEE

Though I won't be raiding mythic so whatever

I played, in solo. And the skill says that I can wear all three at the same time. Nothing on the other players.
But yeah, I'm this noob, have fun meeting me in pug ;^)

>pugging nyth on normal
>find out she has an enrage when I'm the only person doing over 100k

marks is currently one of the top specs to run, these "sims" are shit.

I am a DK and I really do not want to reroll. What are some good Unholy guides I can use to really help me git gud?

Just accept your fate evil scum, and maybe the Light shines upon you.

There are none, just reroll to WW monk and be done with it.

make sure its a human female monk so you can look as awful as possible

>What is artifact knowledge.

None of that shit will matter in a month pal.

Do you have the legendary bracers and auto attack ring? Yes? Grats go haste/mastery and enjoy doing normal dps.
No, drink heavily and hope blizzard 'looking' at DKs means buffs before 7.1 but know in your heart blizzard will never let us be good.

I gave up my Ret main to main DK this expac

By the time I level a WW, get geared, level my artifact BS, they will be nerfed into the ground

>company named Blizzard
>Frost for mage and DK are among the worst specs in the game
Do they just hate themselves?

Ret was so bad, I was sure it will get a buff. I played prot because it's better for solo, and the system allows me to keep up on alt AP. I mean it's not perfect, but it works. The only issue is the legendary.

of all the 3 specs marks scales the best with better gear, 18% damage bonus from lone wolf and %based damage bonus the more mastery you get. If you arnt out dpsing the other hunter specs either your gear is shit or you are.

you can be 110 in 8 hours, just buy a boost!

>tfw DK

At least blood isn't terrible... R-right?

Bros. I've always played DPS classes but I just swapped my Feral Druid to Guardian and I'm having more fun tanking than I think I ever have DPSing.

My Feral artifact is already level 21... what do I do?

>get legendary
>feel like quitting now

I was in a pug nythedra and some 855 assa rogue was doing 250k dps with the rest of us at 195k in similar gear.

I don't even wanna play anymore with Blizzard's arbitrary buff rollercoaster anymore

It is terrible. Given that our strongest spec is unholy which is below average and frost and blood both perform like dumpster fires DKs are likely the weakest class in the game on the whole.

i'm the only hunter in my guild so i don't have anyone to compare myself to, though the few hunters I've been with in mythic dungeons and the like have always been MM

do you want to keep playing guardian? suck it up and start leveling your guardian artifact.

>finally exalted and finished with the Suramar storyline for this patch

How on earth did you hit revered?

Hit it yesterday myself. We did it!

Dedication.

>he doesn't know about all the quest hubs that unlock dailies

Ayyy, I'm LMAOing at your ass that didn't explore or use a guide.

withered army training, probably

>got pathfinder
>feel nothing
honestly wasn't even that hard. its easily the easiest rep to hit exalted with

You're not revered with the nightfallen yet?

Yeah nah that has nothing to do with blizzards buff roller coaster, I was doing 230kdps on heroic nyth day one at 849, sounds like the pug was full of shitters and the rogue was marginally above average.

>tfw literally everyone on every WoW forum or board was talking mad shit about Ret and telling everyone to reroll or be fucked for all of Legion
>tfw you didn't listen

The Light rewards the faithful, lads.

>MM hunters at the bottom and not near the top
>fire mages not pretty much at the top
>fury higher than mid tier (at best)
>arms that high without the legendary gloves or ring
Whoaaa nice sims

>pug one boss
>win a ring
>okay we're done
>say thank you in voice
>get this

halp

World Quests for Nightfallen give rep even without the emissary quest, the withered training if you get to score 400, and you can choose to pick up extra rep with Kirin Tor Emissary.

>how did you hit revered
How are you not even revered yet?
I hit exalted over 2 weeks ago at this point and there's people still struggling to hit revered? What the fuck do you even do in the game?

You know ret got like a 15% flat buff across pretty much all spells right?
The people saying that were right ret was dogshit tier before the hotfixes.

>Tfw MM hunter
>Guild will throw a bitch fit if I change specs as if it really matters

Our hunter captain is a fag.

>Yeah nah that has nothing to do with blizzards buff roller coaster

Tell that to my DH that was shit all over because of LFG dungeon whiners.

>fire mages are useful

FUCK THAT SHIT.

FUCK ALL THAT SHIT. I WAS A FUCKING FIRE MAGE IN ALPHA/BETA/VANILLA AND WE GOT FUCKING NOTHING. FUCKING ALL THE GOD DAMN END GAME WAS FIRE RESIST/IMMUNE.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a 15% buff to shit DPS is still shit DPS.

You don't need to. I rushed through the areas and only finished one till hitting 110. I still get world quests in the bumfuck out of nowhere where I've never been before and I need to do quests without explanations because I didn't do them normally.

>tfw fury
h-help Cred Forums

world quests give 50 exp, withered training happens once every 3 days, and the kirin tor quest is even rarer.

Not only do you have to grind, but the grinding itself is time gated. Fuck this game.

Frost mage buff when?

I still get top 5 in my heroic raiding guild as unholy

Never surrender brothers.

The problem is that Ret i heard is dogshit to play. It is just boring. A knock off Arms warrior

Yes but I didn't reroll to whatever FoTM hotness like all the other whiners did because I put my Faith in the Light

Also Ret was never nearly as bad as everyone was acting like, it was below averaged but people seemed to think it was an unplayable mess. These were also the same people that ignored Haste and stacked Mastery like it was still WoD.

ERP with him, fgt.

OP's sims are wrong and it's been debunked like 5 times already in this thread. MM is top 4 DPS specs right now by a large margin. MM is still better than BM. Stop listening to these LFR baddies who don't understand a goddamn thing about sims.

How am I supposed to get rep when there's literally no way to get rep until tomorrow? And even then I'll get maybe 200 max?

What should I play for fun? Rogue, Ret Paladin or Shadow Priest?

>Legion out of 4 weeks
>Nightfallen rep was time gated
>literally the earlyist people can get to exalted is the start/middle of this week
>claiming you got exalted two weeks ago

Why go on Cred Forums and tell likes being exalted in the first week it's possible to be exalted is achievement enough.

>heroic raiding guild

It's shit I can tell you. If you like fix rota then maybe.
Basically there's three normal skills you spam, and you can choose from three spenders.

They also fucked up with their Artifact traits which screwed their dps. Rets have always been one of the worst player bases, there's some good ones but the majority are straight up retarded.

>shit DPS
>top 5 in every sim

Blizzdrones defend this sh*t.

There are rare world quests that give 150-175 and elite ones that give 250. Apply yourself.

>sim
lol okay

Not even Human for Diplomat

This faggot didn't know about the darkmoon faire. Mythic raiding guild, most of us were exalted about 1-2 weeks ago.

>257x925
did you save a thumbnail?

Yeah, too bad there's none today and it's completely random whether or not they show up. Nice one dickbrain.

Well ther always was the one saying back in Wrath, only mouth breathers play Ret

I-I can't defend this. Too blurry to read.

>sims
>ignoring disables
>ignoring movement
>ignoring burst/sustain
>ignoring synergy

Take sims with a grain of salt

The old saying with Rets is that its all the Paladins that are too shit to tank or heal.

I've always liked Ret the most out of the three but I'll agree there's probably a lot of truth to it. Paladin has always been super popular, but tank and healers have always been really rare as well.

there are literally some every single day. there's always at least 2 elite ones in the city and all the others in the city will give 150-175 each.

I'm playing Frost DK, my ilvl is 853 and i'm having tons of fun.
And there is nothing you can do about it.

and thats assuming they weren't put together by a brain dead idiot, with no one bothering to check how he got the numbers

anyone who bothers with sims is a retard

>Rets are near the bottom of sims
LMAO RETS ARE GARBAGE GET FUCKED DPS HOLY MEN
>Rets are near the top of sims
lmao like sims ever really counted amirite guys ;)

Rets actually perform quite well in a raid environment overall right now too so the >sim argument is moot.

>And there is nothing you can do about it.
Apart from not accepting you into Mythic+ and raids.

Except sit you out of the raid :)

>that one guy who got 3 in 1 day
meanwhile 36ish caches and 80+ mythics and fuck all

I was getting at least 2 or 3 of those everyday on top of the regular WQ. Quit being a lying bitch.

>all the others in the city will give 150-175 each.

All one of them? Nice, at this rate it will be another 3 weeks just to hit revered.

>>Rets are near the bottom of sims
>LMAO RETS ARE GARBAGE GET FUCKED DPS HOLY MEN
actually people are laughing at their performance in actual DPS aggregates. the only thing you should ever bother looking at

Synergy isn't really a think anymore because most utility buffs and debuffs are gone.

Thanks for proving you dont know shit.

wow, you got 400 rep per day! Amazing!

400 out of, errr, 33000.

Delete you wtf folder. It seems you didn't get all existing wqs. I only did withered army four times in total, one chest for nightfallen, one warden, didn't finish the story quests in Suramar, and I'm still revered.

so people who have been exalted for a while must be magical wizard hackers I guess?

Never played a healer, what is a fun one to play?

hopefully soon, frost brother. I will switch back the second they fix their damage output.

Any Hunters notice you get lower DPS on the raider's training dummy on the left side of trueshot when compared to the raider's dummy in stormwind? It's by like 40k DPS too.

withered army training gives like 1-2k every 2-3 days

The ones that don't pick their healing spec and hit the mobs instead

You don't play healer for fun. You play it for fast queues and raid spots.

its like 400 every 2 days

but Rets are doing well in those too

>he doesn't buy rep tokens from cash shop

it's way more than 400 if you get at least 400-500 score

I'll be straight with you user. Healing is never fun.

getting treated like royalty is pretty nice

are you doing anything to cleave onto a critter for like a 4.5 million damage hit

>People have no idea what to play or how to DPS without looking at a guide written by a hardcore player.
>Hardcore player writes guide.
>Everyone flocks to that spec/build.
>No one plays anything else.
>Blizzard cannot collect data on supposed broken specs cause no one plays them.
>People complain about Frost/Arcane being underpowered.

You only have yourselves to blame.

shiggy diggy

Pretty sure that dummy hasn't been updated since Cataclysm you fucking huntard

It's 400 if you hit 400+ score, and it drops about two 25 tokens. The quest also gives some.

No memes please, but how's DPS Demon hunter? My death knight is garbage. So it's either Demon hunter, warrior, or hunter and i'm not interested in hunter right now.

its maybe 500 at most anytime I do my full clear (4 of the 100 rep tokens and a few of the smaller ones).

>go to the mage hall
>phoenix flames orbs everywhere

these fucking sheep wouldn't even touch mage had fire not been top 3 at launch

It's fun in XIV I just want to have fun in WoW too

sweet so every 3 days I get 500 rep out of 33 000

nice

I'm glad I pay to not be able to play the game

>gcd long enough to play WoW in the meantime

Sorry if I come off as a dick, but Unholy DK is fine. It's probably you if your DPS is shit. If you chose frost then that's on you. DH is still great if you put the effort in to understand the correct playstyle for each fight and correctly understand stat priority.

>Demon hunter
They are fine.
>warrior
Fury-Complete garbage. Weak damage, take 30% extra damage for no reason.
Arms-Focused rage spec is the only competitive choice. I expect them to nerf it into bolivian.

I am kind of in the same boat. Seconding this question

No, it isnt, you inbred knuckledragging troglodyte shitstain.

Its 425. That is the max rep you can get.

you're still somehow oblivious to everyone who hit exalted weeks ago. its not hard at all. you're just an idiot

I actually do mythic+ stuff quite often, but doing the first (FIRST) (!!!!) raid of an expansion since TBC and expecting to be taken as tryhard\pro\supreme master because of it is seriously cringy and pointless.
I laughed at all these idiots who thought they were hot shit because they were 840 one week after launch, and i laugh now at those idiots who yet again think they're hot shit because they ((((cleared)))) EN HC and have their AOTC shitty achievement.
Especially since pic related is happening as we speak.
You fucking idiots never learn, but you probably started playing wow with legion and boosted your character to 100 for shit and laughs.

Can i get a quick rundown on monk specs
since no bard class punching/kicking shit seems like a good idea

Faggot.

>its not hard at all

Yeah you only have to play for a month

think you need to calm down desu senpai

Nope, making sure in both instances not to cleave with SW, Marked Shot or Barrage.

Funny, considering the one in Stormwind has 1600 million HP while the one in Trueshot has 115 million.

It's not a matter of DPS as much as me no longer finding the class fun family.

Still sitting you for raids :)

Blow me Blizzdrone and I fill my bar up

I'd love to play frost but I'm paranoid if I do nobody will ever let me into their mythic dungeons and raid groups because of the current bias against them.

>you only have to play
Who would have thought.

50 pieces of 895 gear won't suddenly make your fundamentally broken class pull good DPS.

>teehee i wont raid you :DDD ebin :DDD
And i will make my own pug raid groups, farming LFR and probably get the same gear as you do while you will be sucking GM an "class leader" cock begging for your titanforged gear.
How does it feel to be cucked? :^)

Still sitting you :)

>8/11 Suramar
>exhausted all the World Quests, Training is not up for another 2 days
>2k/12k honored

Fuck me, I'm never going to catch up. Where the fuck can I get 5k rep to trigger the next quest steps.

Yeah, 10 years ago who would have thought WoW would become a browser game with time gated content and microtransactions

>now it's about doing "good" dps and not just doing content
:^)

>Frost DK in my guild maintains 350k on every boss on heroic.
>Always top damage.

Are DK's just a case of git gud?

>s-still s-sitting y-you haha!11! *smiley face*
Oh come on, you can do better.

Fucking fun as hell. High skill floor sadly but lower since the patch, pretty high skill ceiling I absolutely meme on most demon hunters I meet and then there are demon hunters out there that can absolutely shit on me too.

Zipping around the fight shitting out as much damage as you can in 4 second windows of momentum is a blast. You get to take advantage of the terrain like walls and hills to make to your trip back shorter which is an interesting dynamic I don't think another class has had before. You have to be really aware of mechanics otherwise you are a giant liability zipping around like that in a raid.

The biggest downside are the shitters who are assblasted about our very existence. Kind of like the ones that have typed out a response to this post before they even finished reading it.

You won't be doing any content playing that DK. Posting screenshots of LFR loot is proof of that ;)

>before they even finished reading it.
>it.
stopped reading right there

content in WoW has been time gated since literally forever

They are, but if your friend is pulling these numbers as frost dk he should probably switch to unholy, as he will do even better.
t. frost dk

I don't even see the point of playing now, most of the important shit is locked behind Nightfallen rep and between here and getting exalted there's literally nothing to do except dailies and a badly designed raid

Yeah the stat squish is fucky like that

>first time doing this new raid with a pug
>get 2 items and a wf trinket

wonder of hard are the last 2 bosses tho

>content in WoW has been time gated since literally forever

Yeah raids. Not literally everything else.

I cant think of a single important thing thats locked behind nightfallen. the two mythics are just two more lockouts a week to get no loot from. the final quest unlocks nothing. pathfinder doesn't stack with the guild mount buff

>y-you w-wont be d-doing any c-content h-haha!1 y-you suck!1!
>see lfr l-loot, that m-means you suck!11!
Pathetic.
>mfw i will have better gear than you while basically doing nothing but drooling in retards and casuals

I'd tell you but this is too funny now, sorry.

>the final quest unlocks nothing

Oh sweet, I guess there's nothing left to do in the game then. Unsubbing right now