FIFA 17 sells 1.1 million copies in its first week in the UK

>FIFA 17 sells 1.1 million copies in its first week in the UK
how does this make you feel?

As the owner of one of those copies, quite happy

Is it good?

It makes me want to buy a console capable of playing NHL 17, to be honest.

I haven't played an NHL game in over 10 years but I'm really, really itching to play one - mainly for a manager mode and having simulated games on for background noise.

Its a good game so I'm not surprised

People buy any shit, it's almost a cultural meme to own Fifa in the UK. Pro Evo got better reviews this year again and it'll still sell no copies.

It was packaged with the ps4 for £150.

all the current NHL games are fucking garbage.
they tried to "revolutionize" the gameplay but they keep fucking up every year.

Pro Evo has no leagues

Royce is on the cover so pretty good.

PES is still better though.

There are a lot of people who like sports.

I won't be buying it because I'm not buying a PS4 or Xbone any time soon, but like I said I wouldn't even be playing it, I'd just manager mode the hell out of it for hockey games as background noise that I'd have a stake in.

that's not really a lot for a fifa game is it?

when was the last time the brits did anything right for games?
it was alfred chicken and james pond right?

>Game sells well at release
What a shock.

>Sells well in the only place where people give a fuck about this shitty sport
Woah shocker

1.1m is a crazy amount of copies for the UK alone. Only 63m people live there

I played the demo and desu is probably the best fifa game in a while.

Casual fans of a fun yearly franchise buy the newest entry. Honestly, they sound more bro than anyone that posts on Cred Forums

Is Pace Overpowered or underpowered this time around?

Nobody plays fifa when theres pes

lets have some modern, goverment approved footy chants to get the lad's pumped

>ooooOOOOO you are not very good!!
>you are not very good!!!
>not because of your ethnicity or sexuality!!
>youuurrr just not verryy gooood
>OooooOOOOO OUR LADS ARE BETTER AT THE GAME THAN YOURS

>REF REF, MAY I ASK
>WHY YOU MADE THAT CALL IT SEEMS WRONG OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH
>SILLY REFEREE! OI!

ASSISTANT REFEREE MADE A DECISION I DISAGREE WITH

It's the best fifa in years tbqh, "The Journey" is also much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Meanwhile in Argentina
NO LO SOÑEEE EHEE EHEE
Y VAS CORRIENDO CON LA YUTA!
VENI A LA ESTACION
DALE NO SEAS CAGON
TE VAMOS A ROMPER EL ORTO ORTO ORTO ORTO

Well I haven't played Fifa since 12 and this is much better than that. Ai has improved a lot. Penaltys and corners have been overhauled and that's good. I played a bit of the journey and it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

funny thing about the Journey I though it was going to be like NBA 2K16 mode made by Skpike Lee (sucked giant balls) But for some reason I am diging "The Journey" even if it reeks of political correctness.

Unfortunately pes for pc this year was a PS3 port so I chose fifa

Is the gameplay decent enough for someone who isn't really interested in the sport itself to enjoy themselves?

My brother plays FIFA and is big on soccer, so I'm tossing up buying a copy so we have something to play together.

I got it for free with a ps4 purchase
I'd never actually buy a fifa game

Problem is this games are in no way friendly to new users. You will have to commit a good time if you haven't played a Football game ever, usually you carry own your muscle memory and only have to relearn a few new mechanics change of control per year and not the entire game.

It is a fun co op game to play with normies. I still gather around with friends to play FIFA and PES on PS4 even though few of us actually play videogames outside of FIFA.

Brits love their soccer.

A game selling well its first week/month isn't surprising, that's when you get all of the easy customers that were going to buy anyway.

Isn't the Journey just one season? Seems like bullshit to me.

played the demo, gameplay seems okay and all but that journey shit was literally one the most cringe worthy things I seen in a while.

It was sold like shovelware, packed for free with the old ps4 to clear stock.

Yes it is only one season. But I don't know of a sport game that has a similar mode that isn't short as shit as well. NBA 2K16 has a similar mode that only last like 15 games. (3 in Highschool, 3 in College and 8 as a rookie)

I don't speak britbong
Someone please translate

Im not suprised that Fifa sells well
Everybody knows it's just as big of a casual magnet as CoD regardless of if it's a good game or not.

What does piss me off on the other hand is the fact that people buy a consol just to play this shit and never touch it again.

>>What does piss me off on the other hand is the fact that people buy a consol just to play this shit and never touch it again.

Until the next Fifa is out.

What's the most comfy sports game available?

Fifa is more complicated than most games aimed at "core gamers" though.

I'm convinced the NBA2K series is the most complicated big-selling series ever. That shit's learning curve is tough as shit

Grand Theft Auto series.

Also teaching people a lesson about preordering with No Man's Sky.

We're basically saving gaming tbqh

Forza Horizon 3 was literally just released, user

and it's console trash aimed at normies who thinks motion blur = amazing graphics

how is it supposed to make me feel? what kind of retarded question is this
alot of dudebros have consoles, and alot of dudebros like football, add the fact that almost every cunt in england like football, i'd be more surprised if it bombed. it's the most perfect alignment of interests/demographics/whatever i'm surprised they dont make them 3 times a year for max milking