So how is the homebrew progressing on the PS Vita? Have you used it? Had fun?

So how is the homebrew progressing on the PS Vita? Have you used it? Had fun?

>have OLED Vita with required firmware
>can't find nice emulators for it

bumping for OP

Bumping

fuck emulators. I use mine to pirate undubed vita games.

I'm done with emulators like 15 years ago. Played the fuck out of retro shit. Nowadays I only play new shit because I ain't got time for old shit that I've beaten when I was a kid.

thanks. hope there are some anons that have played around with this enough.

I had NES clone as a kid (welcome Post Soviet contry, comrade) and some games on it, then moved to PC and now back to consoles / handhelds.

>emulators
No.

Since the hack, I bought a Vita just for the hell of it because 3.60 models are probably going to go up in price and I got one for effectively 40 quid because it came with a 16gb memory card.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed by it. The screen looks great, I've already gotten more use out of it than my 3DS, and there's even a game out this month I'm looking forward to. My only major complaint is the memory cards, I'd love a 32gb but the price is more than I fucking paid for the system, only being able to store 4 games at a time fucking sucks.

I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know Japanese yet though.

I'm in a tight spot. I have the right firmware but there are things coming out for 3.61 that I want to play now. So it's either update, buy and play what I want now, or wait Lord knows how long till they get spoofing working on new games.

Suffering is me.

I bump this too.

I'm looking to buy a Vita later the next year, but there is only one thing that really bothers me.

How fucking expensives are the Memory Cards.

I can found a 60€ deal on a PSVita, but the memory card is allways like 100€ for the 32GB.
For comparision is better to buy a 60GB for 90€ with free shipping from Japan.

And what about the CFW scene ?
Can I play pirated games ?

I'm in love with my PSPGo with CFW.
I can play virtually anything PS related and even some emulators.

You're best off buying one on eBay from a dumb kid who doesn't realise that he can sell the memory card separately.

You need an old FW to pirate games, but worst case you can just open one up and switch out the motherboard for 30 bucks in parts and an hour of time.

so in plain english can you play vita game images now, or is this just another homebrew enabler?

OP here, yes, also would like to know.

>you can just open one up and switch out the motherboard for 30 bucks

Can you explain me in details this part user ?

>So how is the homebrew progressing on the PS Vita?
idk
>Have you used it?
No
>Had fun?
Yeah, I've been mostly playing GE2RB and ToCS2 recently, preordered WoFF, Yomawari and Exist Archive which are both out this month.

PSP games fucking when? I just want to play Crisis Core on my Vita.

>Can I play pirated games ?
yes, head over to /vg/

Ty

Any archived thdr worth a read ?

Chinks sell the main logic board for about 30 bucks on Aliexpress, at least for the 1000 models. All their stock is old, and they don't do anything dumb like factory reset the units.

As long as you're comfortable taking out a few screws and some tiny ribbon cables, it's an easy enough process and you can follow along with tutorials.

>you can play pirated games now
When did that happen?
Looks like I was living under a rock until now.

Last couple of weeks, some based chink took Henkaku and ran with it. Solid compatibility, the only issue is that some games still aren't dumped with DLC and patches because nobody paid for that shit.

Over a month ago when someone leaked an unfinished game dump tool.
Chinks came out and released something that can actually dump almost the entire Vita library, DLC and patches which wasn't possible previously.

Looks like I'm going to buy a vita after all.
Thanks for the info.

Literally me ; those fucking NES clones lasted a month usually and I went through dozens as a kid and sometimes even managed to repair the controllers that broke after 1 use or had to change the 50cm cables

Keep in mind this only works on 3.60 firmware Vitas and PS TV's.
The current OFW is 3.61, there is no way to downgrade so you got to watch out what you buy.
Don't buy refurbished Vitas, those are guaranteed to be updated and if you buy used make sure to ask the seller what firmware it is on.
If you want a guaranteed 3.60 and a cheap way to play Vita games, grab a Playstation TV (or previously called Vita TV) new. Those have major price drops and are all old stock on old firmwares. I don't think you can find new boxed handheld Vitas for a reasonable price anymore since Sony pretty much dropped it in any market outside of Japan and Asia.

any info / details bois?

>there is no way to downgrade
A logic board swap is easy as fuck and they're still cheap because nobody has bought out the stock yet. Buy a cheap second hand Vita in decent condition with a memory card.

Go to /vg/.

>managed to repair the controllers that broke after 1 use or had to change the 50cm cables
>are you me?

Go to the homebrew general on /vg/.
Don't ask the Vita general, they get buttmad when you interrupt their circlejerk.

many thanks!

Perfect.
My brother still has the OLED Vita with 3.60, since he doesn't use it anymore.
Thanks for the heads up.

Okay fine, that was only me

Okay fine, that was only me

Yes, you can pirate Vita games now.

thanks for thread and info !

There's a spreadsheet of a ton of PS Vita VPK's that also shows which games work and don't, Google PS Vita VPK Google Docs Spreadsheet,l

Wassup you parasites :^]?

the newest /hbg/ has all you need for pirating a vita. the old ones usually filled with outdated infos.