Daily reminder

Regardless of the final product we have the duty to buy the Nintendo NX.
>Competition is necessary and we can't allow the Playstation and Xbox brands to run unchecked.
>Nintendo is the only company actually innovating instead of taking the easy path of generic downgraded PC boxes Sony, Microsoft and the majority of PC manufacturers took.
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>The platform is Satoru Iwata's brainchild and his last gift. By buying it we're honoring his memory

I hope you're ready to preorder once the machine is officially revealed.

>duty to buy
no. you can argue a moral or ethical imperative to boycott, to abstain from supporting some particular business, based on their unethical or immoral behavior, but never to actively support some particular corporate entity.

>Competition is necessary and we can't allow the Playstation and Xbox brands to run unchecked.
Competition only works if companies are continually cycled through periods of success and failure, and even death and birth. The fact that a company is doing poorly is not a failure of competition. It's competition in action.

>Nintendo is the only company actually innovating instead of taking the easy path of generic downgraded PC boxes Sony, Microsoft and the majority of PC manufacturers took.
you're correct, but ultimately nintendo is following the same parasitic business strategy (creating controlled marketplaces where they rule as an extractive government). that they're leaning on gimmicks and nostalgia more than the other two is no high praise. especially their nostalgia farming, which is arguably one of the greatest evils in the industry.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
uh, a videogame? are we just naming random games? here, let me:
Fantastic Contraption
FTL: Faster Than Light
Gish
Resident Evil 4
am i doing it right?

>The platform is Satoru Iwata's brainchild and his last gift. By buying it we're honoring his memory
lol, nah. that's marketing. and even if it were true, it's just a sign it will probably be shit, like the rest of everything he did. note: being successful due to becoming a fad, which is always a total fluke no one can make to happen, does not make the Wii any less shit.

- We don't have a duty to buy jack shit.
- Sony and Microsoft compete with each other; Nintendo has run its own race since the era of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox.
- Nintendo's still reaching out with gimmicks to rebottle the lightning that was waggle.
- You've got me there.
- And there.

Even without the last two points, I'd probably be getting it. Nintendo's first-party exclusives a best.

>One of the oldest pictures in my archive vaguely related

Nobody has any obligation to support modern (or old) Nintendo. If it fails it fails and it's nobodies fault but Nintendo.

It's bait you fucking newfags

EAT SHIT
A
T

S
H
I
T

Nah.

Nintendo is ready to go the way of the dinosaur. Just let them kill themselves with mobile games.

Just for you OP, In gonna pirate the NX.

look if it's good and there's a Zelda edition console at launch I'll buy it. if not I'll wait till a limited edition is released.

They dont even innovate anymore. Since when did putting shitty pointless gimmicks on consoles become innovation. I remember when Nintendo could actually create unique gameplay experiences

FUCK

YOU

>a duty

Stopped reading right the fuck there.

First you fuckers tell me that demanding a product worth my money is entitlement, and now you're telling me I owe it to them to buy shit.

FUCK
U
C
K

YOU
O
U

You're either a marketer or a massive shill boy. Just buying shit because of brand loyalty is what makes shit like the game industry so fucking garbage for us.

If it's good, you want it, you buy it.
If it's bad, you ignore it, buy something else.

Don't pull this "duty" shit. You're the real cancer killing this industry faster than any carbon copy of CoD can.

>The platform is Satoru Iwata's brainchild and his last gift.
You mean the reason they haven't shown it yet is because they gutted it and started again the moment he died. Quality of Life went out the window and they've turned it into a phone by now.

I will be buying it on day one

Then listing it on eBay

I bought a Wii U at launch and while the beginning was slow with the worthwhile releases it was worth it for the games that came later.

But it looks like the NX is avoiding the problem of weak launch titles by having MOTHERFUCKING ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD HOLY SHIT NIGGER THIS IS GOTY 2017 YOU STUPID FUCK PREORDER IT DO IT NOW AHHHHH

The NX will flop. Nintendo is a damaged brand now.

>Buying things without knowing exact specs
You're one of those fuckheads who preorders games and buys pre-alpha's, aren't you?

>Regardless of the final product we have the duty to buy the Nintendo NX.

When will this meme end? if anything after the Wii-U I have a duty NOT to buy the NX.

Did you not hear OP? If we want to save video games then we need to save Nintendo.

>we have the duty to buy the Nintendo NX.
Why should I help a multi-million dollars company get on its feet?
They're where they are because of their own bad marketing and business choices.

There used to be a time where threads like this would die without any replies. Good job OP.

Fuck off PCuck it's about games not specs. Enjoy your Undertale.