Path of Neo was dog shit compared to this. Did anybody else play this?

Path of Neo was dog shit compared to this. Did anybody else play this?

Everybody played it. It was hyped to all fuck.

God, I tried so hard to kill the Agents when I was a kid. You can't. The closest I ever got was knocking one off a building so he couldn't come after you in one of the earlier levels.

Which was good enough for me...

It was shit but kind of fun

It was good until you beat the first few levels, parts like jumping over roofs and some of the gun battles were ok but other shit like those driving sequences and that awful airport level were just poor and borderline broken and unplayable,don't remember if I ever finished it but if I didn't it's because of the broken sections of the game. Path of Neo wasn't perfect either bit at least it stayed consistent and recreating the subway fight with Smith was amazing.

I remember the fight with Trinity got me pretty pumped up. It's probably not as cool as I remember though.

How nostalgic. Maybe I should play it again.
I think I only finished it as Ghost.

If you knock them off buildings they actually seem to die, I enjoyed killing them

HD remastered version with trophy/achievement support when?

>construction yard level
>have an insane fistfight duel
>manage to knock him off the building
>as I ascend the level he comes back in an elevator and just fucking shoots me
Good times.

fuck you this game will always be rushed dogshit

Never mind. Just started looking up gameplay videos for nostalgic purposes. What an ugly game.

Still fun though..

Path of Neo is better, though.

Both of them suck in comparison to Matrix Online.

Is this shit still going? This is the first time I've heard of it but it looks like something I could definitely get in to.

>tfw the console was more fun than the entire game

It died a long time ago. Some people still try to make private servers, but they only got basic functional like walking in the city and nothing more.

It was actually pretty fun, but not as good as the Max Payne Matrix Mod

This game was OK.

Reviews said it was garbage and Path of Neo was better, but those reviews were wrong.

Path of Neo was a fucking travesty, and this was just a playable game that I completed.

I seem to remember putting some cheats on and blasting the shit out of them for a long time, I can't remember if it worked, but I definitely managed an agent kill with a grenade launcher.

I think.

Trying to get all the secret shit to work through the hacking minigame was a god damn nightmare for young me.

Really liked it despite the flaws. Discovering all the console secrets was fun as well

I fucking loved throwing a grenade and then shooting at them. They had to stop to dodge and the grenade would kill them. Shit was great.

Also that gas weapon for putting out fires. Good fun.

Those wheels are square

>It's a driving level
>You're playing as Ghost

I loved how you could run on some walls but other walls just didn't work for some reason.

Do you people really dislike Path of Neo? I thought it was awesome. Kind of a mess to handle but I had a great time with it. They really got creative as hell with the premise. Being tied to telling the story of Neo didn't force them into following the movies, they somehow managed to make 60% of the game completely original but still mostly appropriate and awesome.

Doesn't ring a bell, and I ran on walls all the time. I thought running on walls was the hottest shit ever at the time.

I played both, I liked how you could piss about finding cheat codes and shit on Enter the Matrix. I liked Neo because of the cool shit you could do though.

I could actually beat Path of Neo. I always got to the airport level then crapped out.

>It's probably not as cool as I remember though.
It gets a little underwhelming when you realise that all you have to do is spam Focus attacks at her.

I remember enjoying it. The airport driving level is legit awful though, I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought so. Turning on infinite health and having that fistfight with the agent on the plane endlessly was a lot of fun

Path of Neo is fine and the Burly Brawl is a great level

Anyone remember the 18 hours of tutorials you had to do in PoN?

That was some tired shit.

I think you mean 'That was some awesome shit.' I had no idea what the fuck was going on and I loved it. Lore-wise the tutorials were absolute genius, and I personally found them really fun to play too.

that shit was fucking awesome. I'm actually impressed thinking back on it how much stuff they added in that wasnt even in the game originally.

Sentinels are attack. Time to fly the ship.

They were boring and repetitive.

I'm pretty sure you had to do the same swordfight like 8 times with more guys popping in each time.

Played the shit out of this when I was a kid.

Can't remember which level it was but I used to constantly replay the one in the office where you can keep fighting unlimited waves of enemies as long as you didn't hit the checkpoint when exiting the office space.

Me and my brother would literally kill hundreds of guys and sit there for hours running up walls and pulling off crazy maneuvers. I remember thinking it was the best hand-to-hand combat system I had ever seen in a action game.

Haven't played it since it was released, the combat system probably feels dated as hell now.

Dude I beat this game multiple times with both characters as a kid when this first came out. If I didn't have trouble then you shouldn't have.

The game definitely wasn't broken in any way.

>mfw I the an agent of the roof and killed him

I wouldnt shut up about if for days, that's how amazing it felt

They went to the trouble of creating that swordfight system, it'd have been a shame not to get good use out of it. I personally liked being forced to spend 3 hours alternating between being an anime and an old timey movie samurai.

Never tried path of neo, maybe PoN existed because some noob fans complaint they cant be superman.

I loved EtM, with all the extra hacking stuff i did actually learned abit about how hacking works back then as a highschool kid.

The game is pretty shitty in terms of graphics compared to max payne 1 but the hand2hand combat and fluid-ness of the combat is tip top even assassin's creed or batman can't top it.

basically they could have made it better if it wasn't rushed as the movie i guess, felt like the game was stuck at mid-production development and shipped the fuck out along with the movie.

>I the an agent of the roof and killed him
did you just have a stroke?

Not him but actually you can, but the game still progressed like nothing happened if not mistaken.

I mean once you've beaten the game like fuckton of times you can kill anything with just the right amount of skill and time.

*I threw an agent

Reminder, the matrix is LONG overdue for a reboot by the Wachowski Sisters.

Shiny was so damn good, they deserve to still be making games.

Yeah, didn't it explain why the Oracle had a new body? (IRL actress died; too bad, she was great for a wise old negress).

Wachowskis are fucking manchildren (even womanchildren now) who got lucky with the first film.

Enter the Matrix, Path of Neo, Matrix Online, Reloaded and Revolutions all fucking suck.

Only the first film was good (and some parts of Animatrix).

The game always broke for me when I got to the last level and the game just kept going on endlessly

Like Lucas, they did get lucky and capture lightning in a bottle with the matrix. Homages to their favorite shit, hong kong action movies, cyberpunk, anime and comic books. Amazing editing and pacing as well as new industry standard setting CGI. And like Lucas they got in over their heads trying to blow up a little self-contained hero's journey into this epic confusing mess.

If they ended the franchise with it they could be legends.

I always feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed all three matrix movies

2 was best

Yea, I played it. It was multiple times worse than Path of Neo. Also Niobe is shit.

They were both dogshit.

DELETE THIS

>cannot uses 2 agents as nunchuks to beat a third agent
shitty game

Only good thing about that movie was seeing Morpheus do some cool shit.

>Manchildren

EXCUSE ME!? They are both beautiful mature ladies now I'll have you know.

Also I'm blind.