Tell me how to get good at this. I rarely survive to winter and if I do I die right away

Tell me how to get good at this. I rarely survive to winter and if I do I die right away.

Other urls found in this thread:

katcr.to/usearch/don't starve/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop playing tumblr games

suggest a Cred Forums game then

glad you stopped by faggot.

Dragon Fruit and a caged Bird.

Fuck off you piss-pot

What do I do with them and how do they help me survive?

Spiders are such a good resource. Gets everything you need.

>meat
>silk
>spider glands for heals

Rabbit farm, thermal stone, meaty stew, build a forest for wood farming and plant new trees to stop treedudes from fucking you.

Who is the best character to use for a scrub like myself?

Cook them in a crock pot with 3 things that aren't meat or some other items I can't recall.

Dragon Fruit and 3 sticks/berries carrots will do. This gets you Dragon Pie which will recover a fuck load of hunger and health. Only thing to worry about if the cold.

damn I love this game but I'm bad at it
I'll be monitoring this thread

Op here, I'm the same. Hoping to get some good knowledge.

What's the main problem for you? Food? Sanity? Getting clobbered by monsters?

Webber
>Spider friends for defense
>Spider 'friends' easily farmed for resources
>Spread spider friends everywhere to pretend you're the fucking zerg.

Food, resources etc. I'm fine with fighting monsters.

Travel for the first few days without stopping to get a scout of the map and try to locate key resources such as spiders, beefalo and the pig king. Abagail is a good starting character, you can stand still and kill 10+ spiders at once, very eat monster meat.

Build crockpot and drying racks. 6 drying racks should be good. Food should come primarily from spider meat, honey, berries bushes, elephants and even beefalo are good. Make crockpot meals, raw ingredients are shot. Rabbits and farms are a noobtrap but not too bad.

If you find a gear, build a fridge to stop your food getting spoiled. Make spear, wood armour and use pig skin for a pig helmet to stop getting cucked by hound attacks. Instead of picking twigs, grass, berry bushes just dig them up and relocate them close to your base.

Is he a DLC character? I only have the Base PS4 version.

>Have at least one of every item built
>Decide I should get a fridge
>Never find them or an enemy that drops them
>Die on my hunt for them

I really need to learn to stop doing this.

Abigail. Very good for killing hounds, farming spiders and killing other mobs which are what beginners stuggle on.

My main food source is jerky. Make a lot of them. You can get meat from pigs, beefalos, koalefants.

If you have monster meat, feed to pigs to get some sanity back from them, or make them work and fight for you. Feed them 4 monster meats and kill them for a free pig skin.

Also, try to leave berry bushes full before winter starts so you have an emergency supply.

Huh i never noticed the guy in the background.

That depends. Are you wigfrid?
if yes, then you're on easymode. If not, A single post wont cover it. read the wiki.make sure you have at least a thermal stone and winter hat. for food, just do a birdcage and do meatballs. 3 eggs and a monster meat will last you almost half a day..for clops. just make at least 5 footie helms and logsuit with a hambat created the dayt that guy spawns.

That's one thing you shouldn't do. Don't tunnel vision on something and if you scouted out the map you would know where some key locations are. Have a secondary objective as well, pick some reeds, grab some carrots, chop some trees while you are exploring.

Desert biomes have tumbleweeds which gives gears, digging up graves gives gears as well if you can't find the clockwork biome.

Well shit. Didn't know Tumbleweed could drop anything besides sticks.

Thanks user.

Wolfgang and Librarian are the real "OP if you are actually good" characters. Wolfgang is ridiculously strong if he has food and Librarian is most OP lategame.

Settle near a herd of beefalo and you can pass whole seasons shovelling shit into farms to get instant food, just make sure you can store them for winter. In a pinch you can kill them yourself or kite hounds into them for protection.

t. day 100+ fag
it gets almost too stressful to play at that point

Did they ever combine the shipwrecked DLC and the base game or are they still separate worlds entirely? Also Woodie best character, clear cutting the map right away is too fun.

To survive winter you NEED a thermal stone at the very least. A hat in addition is fine but do not ever give up your backpack.

You should enter winter with a couple full stacks of grass and twigs.

Learn to use filler in your crockpot. Ice is a wonderful filler.

You can survive the entire winter with a spiders nest, a tent, and a bunch of drying racks. Monster jerky + tent will let you survive but learn how to make bacon and eggs because thats much better.

You can also give pigs 4 monster meat and kill the resulting werewolf for extra meat and skin. Make football helmets and hambats.

The Piggyback is secretly OP.

Butterflies are secretly OP food.

Day time is for harvesting, night time is for exploring. Never stop exploring and moving into unknown areas.

Mining hat and lantern are OP.

Make multiple bases so if one gets destroyed you can move to another.

Rain only drains sanity if the things you are wearing/holding are wet.

Savannah is the best scrub biome for easy winter survival. Manure lets you make farms and then that's 90% of the work done. The rest is just learning to fight.

Boomerang is also amazing during winter. Kills rabbits and birds in one shot.

Desert is OP biome. Cacti and tumbleweeds basically take all the challenge out of the game. Thats not counting the other exploitable sources of food and resources in that biome.

The game is hard for beginners but its too easy for those who know what they are doing.

>>>/tumboner/

Why are you such a wank-stain?

Thanks everyone for the help. Keep the tips coming.

What do you guys think they should change about the game?

I think it's just too easy. Just nerf the walking cane, tam o shanter, eye fella, most foods, most crockpot recipes, tumbleweeds and buff the hp of most mobs.

Are you playing on Reign of Giants?

they should make it unfun and a realistic as possible

like the h1z1 games!

us phoneposting ledditfrogs huh?

Stop feeding it. Just hide and move on.

Pretty sure you can travel between worlds

though shipwrecked is kinda shit

Just the Base game.

The game is ridiculously easy for anyone past the first year. There is basically no risk of death after two years when you have a few farms, flingomatics, drying racks, a hound defense ect. The difficulty curve is non-existent and the best rewards, you get for killing the deerclops and walrus which can both be killed in the first winter. Other giants are not rewarding enough

In short: git good

>troll island tribes mode
>shit
I BET YOU TURN OFF HOUND SPAWNS YOU FUCKING CASUAL

they should add in pvp like dayz!

that would make it more unfun and realistic!

just le git gud XD

I guess you should upgrade then because most of the tips here are only for the expansion, which only improves the game in every way but also increases the difficulty a little. There's more to do in RoG in general.

Just play Shipwrecked

I'm currently playing Don't Starve Together with a co-worker. Sadly she won't stop dying.
So, how do i get her to stop being a pleb?

There's already pvp in the game and none of the changes I suggested are based on realism.

You can feed birds meat and they will drop eggs. It's a great way to turn monster meat or stale food edible. Plus, if you feed it fruit it'll poop out seeds usually the same kind, so it's a good way to get more dragonfruits or whatever you need.

The basic traps you start able to make can catch spiders and frogs, make a bunch and you can take out even a level three spider nest no problem. Good way to get silk and other spider parts.

ROG changed this with the new seasons, but in vanilla, rabbit holes are open all year, I put my main camp near them, good source of early game food.

But Jungle Trolls Reborn had the best mechanics.

with your dick

>implications

It's too light on content and summer is even worse than before

is Don't Starve (alone) worth the price? thinking about getting it

You git gud and carry her like she carried you for 9 months.

Yes, in fact i bought it twice (once on pc and once on console)
And I easily clocked in 40+ hours in each
Then I quit because I'm trash at the game and can't ever git gud without cheating

Berry bush hat + a herd of beefalos = wolf repelant

Turkeys get "hypnotized" when they see berries laying on the floor.

dried monster meat is the safest food alternative

ice staff + a big herd of beefalos = giant annihilator

dried meat is the best food (easiest to get/make, restores health/hunger/sanity)

combat: kiting is key

farm birds for that krampus sack

farm spider loot using a bunch of traps

combat kiting is key

kebab requires less ingredients(3 + a stick)

key = kiting

neat. will wait for next sale then and get it

I'm surprised so many people here like this game. You have good taste.

Got don't starve together from a friend, but I prefer to play alone.

Does the singleplayer version have more features than DST?

Currently playing DST with a bud. So far it look's like everything is pretty much the same, I think I heard it doesn't have an ending like the base game. Could be wrong.

Anything that's not popular

so who wants to fire up some dont starve together?

i'm down

alright that makes 2 of us, post steam or server name or something and lets go for it man

you do it fgt

Im scared! s-sorry

How to find caves.
Three caves total, same places every time.

>Default Don't Starve
The forest containing the pig king.
In a Mosaic biome.
In a small forest surrounded by a larger biome; usually swamp or rockyland.

>Reign of Giants
The forest containing the pig king, except it's now a deciduous (orange) forest.
In a Mosaic biome.
In a small forest surrounded by a larger biome; usually swamp or rockyland.

>Who cares, the cave is spooky and dangerous, why would I want to go in there!
Because if you're a smart lad, you'll always build your base right beside the Pig King cave. This gives you within very short walking distance;
>Pig King for all gold needs.
>Wood, sticks, grass, berries, etc etc.
>Infinite light source by using light bulbs and a miner helmet.
>Green Mushrooms for sanity resets.
>Spider + Tentacle drops.
>Gears from the ruins.

In fact, in default Don't Starve, the caves are unaffected by the weather. By planting crops in the foresty patches underground, you can basically ignore winter and grow crops 24/7.

>caves
fuck that

Ridiculously easy to dodge. They're only a problem when they become 6+ at a time and that's because they're just not worth the effort to kill. The rock lobsters slap their shit but a lot of the time the rock lobsters will go into defense mode and never come out of it.

The end result is these endless 1v1's going on all over the map.

Where can I find the vanilla version of this?
(or any version that doesn't require inet/steam to run)
I remember I used to have it but maybe deleted and muh magnets 404ed. Help Cred Forums?

Wilson is unironically the fucking best, simply because of no innate disadvantage and the beard for a better Winter.

GoG has it I'm pretty sure.

not popular on Cred Forums or in general?

yup, but I should've clarified the 'I don't want to pay' part desu. Arigato.

I just looked on KAT and they have quite a few there.
katcr.to/usearch/don't starve/

>katcr.to/usearch/don't starve/
credit card registration? sounds 'not free' ;)

Oh golly gee whiz you got me! Hey, do me a favour and don't report me to the cyber police, mmkay? :^)

ur spoonfeeding me, don't be so arsh-- tanks anyways

THIS

And you can shave them for clothing n shit, but do it when they sleep

Does the iOS version work with gamepads

I've gone 150+ without ever making a thermal stone. Just wear proper clothing hibearnation/puffy vest and beefalo horn hat.