Why aren't you playing this game, Cred Forums?

Why aren't you playing this game, Cred Forums?

There's a complete edition out with all the expansions.

Don't you want a Destiny 2 to have a chance to come to PC?

I am playing it. Trials of Osiris breaks friendships

>Don't you want a Destiny 2
No, I don't -- not for any platform. The devs are massive jews and the game is a shitty loot treadmill with nice shooting mechanics. I spent enough months in that Skinner box, thank you very much.

>the devs
You mean Activision?

Playing it, but I know nothing about the mechanics or anything, so I'm stuck at light level 345 and i'm really shitty at the game.

>Why aren't you playing this game, Cred Forums?
>There's a complete edition out with all the expansions.

Because I bought the base game before the expansions came out and refused to spend any more money on it because I hadn't got anywhere near my money's worth in the first place.

Literally playing it right now

I've been playing it by myself and I finished all the main story missions and I'm just at 340 light.
I'm not sure what to do from here since all the strikes are 350 and it's just barely enough to make the enemies "hard" and not "normal", and I have no idea what the end game type content really is.

Farming? For what?
Leveling up factions? Which ones and how?
I haven't done any raids or much PvP

>Farming? For what?
>Leveling up factions? Which ones and how?
>I haven't done any raids or much PvP
it does a shit job of telling you to do the 320 strikes. they drop gear up to 345 or 350 I think.

I am, though.

Best raid. The exotic weapon quest was neat too.

We almost got a perfect one, but 2 of us DC'd in 2 matches, ruining it.

> the game is a shitty loot treadmill with nice shooting mechanics
That's its genre. Just like MonsterHunter and Diablo. If you don't like loot-based games don't paly them, simple as that.

> The devs are massive jews
It's Activision. But I agree, which is why I skipped every DLC until now when they were heavily discounted.

get friends, play with them, ask them questions. Playing it alone is the shittiest way.
Right now you just want to do Strikes and get blues from bosses and decypt non-exotic engrams, as well as doing the weekly Nightfall strike. All of that will get you to 365.
After that you need PvP, Raid, Trials of Osiris, Faction packages and Exotic engrams to reach 385 (or more, it's possible to reach 86 or 87)
Once the hard-mode raid comes out all of those last activities will drop up to 400 light items.

Having 3 characters accelerates the process by 3x since you can do the weekly content 3x as much.

I shouldn't decrypt exotics until later? Oops

I've never played destiny as im purely a PC user, but I do yearn for that unique kind of mythic sci-fi present in destiny.

Although sadly I feel a clinical coldness created everything in the world of Destiny.
Sometimes it feels like this art or wasn't asking to be made.

Nope. Blues and Legendaries have a 340(?) limit, Exotics decrypt at (or above) your current light level

Also, in faction packages and decyption always get the item you have the least light first.
If your helmet is at 368 and the rest is at 363 don't waste your helmet exotic engram yet, save it for when the rest of your gear has better light.

For faction packages just check whether your weapons or armor need better light. Don't worry about specific good weapon rolls for now (ie: you already have high light weapons and shitty armor but still want the perfect rolled weapon so you get a weapon package - bad idea)

Don't worry Destiny2 will also release on PC, only 1 year to go now.

I end up farming the level 28 PoE every week fro strange coins, and the big chest gives me year one exotics pretty often. With that, you can dismantle those and infuse your year 2 exotics with the shards.
I think it's a little better for someone getting up there since your first exotic can really help you out

Does anyone use one of those adapters for playing with mouse and keyboard? Do they work well?
I have a PS4 for fighting games, and I don't like playing shooters with a controller, so I'm thinking about getting a Xim if it and the game are worth it

I fell for this meme when destiny came out.
It seems like after (how long has this been out?) months/ years they finally released what was supposed to be in the game in the first place.
No i wont give them more money.

That's on you for buying a game before there are reviews and opinions about it

>get friends

I guess I already lost

Yea that definately made me smarter.
Still i can only advise anyone not to support games with such a price policy.
The consumers accepting such behavior is what encourages producers to go along with these things..

I do, works perfectly. Get a Xim4 instead of anything else (even officially licensed products) otherwise you'll get fucked with no meaningful costumization.

You can set different speeds and accelerations and curves for every mode imaginable. So sprinting, walking, aiming down sights, using vehicles and using a sniper all have different configs for me

You can also use anything with it. A Move controller + mouse, a fighting stick for movement + joystick for aiming. Whatever you desire, wired or wireless.

You also costumize everything from your phone without having to connect the product to your PC every time, and there are huge threads for every game with perfect settings for that game.

All of that being said, it's not 100% like using a mouse on PC, since a lot of games have mandatory acceleration, aim-assist and turning-speed limits, none of which Xim4 can stop (it only emulates what the controller can do).
For Destiny that means that you can't move the mouse quickly and do six 360ยบ spins in a second, you still have the same turn-radius limit as anyone else. Of course you still get a minor advantage with long-range precision and the fact that you play at max sensitivity on every game, but good players still fuck your shit up, playing with M&K doesn't make you a god.

Easy to make some if you get to the raid and use LFG sites. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you. I guess I'm fortunate that I always have RL friends to play with and made a dozen or so close Destiny/PS4 mates to play various games it, all because of the first raid 2 years ago.

Raids don't have matchmaking, how am I supposed to make friends through that? Besides, which raid?

LFG sites just seem like whoring myself out to someone for the night, and unlikely to make actual friends who will do story missions and teach you shit

I would be, but see, my left PS4 stick currently gets stuck when I move left at all, for any game, not just Destiny. I need to buy a new one.

Trials is suffering.
>oh it's easy to get flawless if you can get a 1.0 k:d in regular crucible
Bull-fucking-shit, or I must have the worst timing in the whole world because I always run into the tryhard cheese teams.

>first Trials of Osiris
>we get like 6 wins
>next match the other players are stomping us
>other team gets 4 wins while we have 1
>they're dancing on our corpses
>get 2 lucky headshots the next round and win
>that win gives us new momentum
>we turn it around and win 5-4
>most satisfying dance I've ever done
>immediately get hatemail afterward

Nothing in Destiny can ever live up to that moment again.

>why dont you buy this console exlcusive game on the hopes that that will somehow magically make them decide to port it to PC

fuck you consolefag, halo is dead, you people fucking ruined it all and turned it into CoD and a shitty gay fake fantasy MMO

>tfw my first exotic was Red Death.

Waiting for Destiny 2, stopped shortly after TTK. Won't get it unless its on PC

I think I made a good choice stopping, almost no content post-TTK till the next expansion which was a short one with only ONE new fucking strike. Then after that its Destiny 2 so people stuck playing will be waiting like 10 months. Their content release schedule is shit, and have no good planning for between expansions.

If they are going to refurbish old strikes, why not do that like every fucking month and put out like 2-3 unique gear pieces at a mid level light range.

>Raids don't have matchmaking
that's precisely why LFG sites exist and why people might want to keep you around for the long run, since it's more bothersome to use LFG sites rather than inviting a friend

The first ever time I raided on the first Raid's launch I had a RL friend and 4 randoms in the party. 2 of those randoms still play on the regular with me to this day.

Just be nice to people and be proactive in asking them to add you once the raid is done or the session is over. Of course you don't get to keep everyone but after some time you'll get 3 or 4 or 6, etc regulars to play strikes/pvp/nightfall/raids with or even other games

343i turned it into CoD, not Bungie. I went for a PS4 even though I had a xbox/xbox360 previously because nothing on the Xbox side kept me there. Halo went to shit, Gears became mediocre with Judgement and is now made by a different studio (who knows if 4 will be good, those skins already make me cringe), Fable went to absolute shit and Lionhead is no more, Rare was barely there after N64 anyway, Forza felt same-y after 3.

Destiny is what currently feels more like Halo and Trials of Osiris has that same competitive tryhard feel

Also you don't need to buy Destiny or hope for anything, Destiny2 is heavily rumoured to get a simultaneous PC release

Fallen guardians for Destiny 2.

I need it.

Post your PSN ID / Gamertags if you're up for people adding you, Guardians

is there more sexy destiny fanart?

This sounds like a great idea, why haven't we been doing this since the thread started? /vg/ threads never feel quite right, like everyone already knows each other. I'd rather add randoms from Cred Forums.

PSN is Prophecyx01

I don't frequent /vg/ enough to be one of the regulars, so it doesn't feel right to group up with the small groups of players there

PSN is Thousandlimbs, I'll play with Cred Forums for sure

More races and customization
More character slots
More lewd art

All things we need

I've been massively into the game since launch. I played through the Rise Of Iron campaign and then suddenly didn't feel like playing anymore. Grinding the same strikes I've been doing for the last 2 years just to get my light level up doesn't seem appealing. Maybe I'll check out the new Iron Banner that starts tomorrow.

Even The Division looks more appealing to me at the moment with 1.4 patch coming this month.

I got the year 1 version of it, and since I started with Taken King, I've never gotten around to spending the marks to get the year 2 version.
I guess that's what I'll be doing this week when I'm on

Sounds like you just need a break. I take time off from multiplayer/"unbeatable" games so I don't get burnt out on them, then come back to them fresh.

I've been trying to get the new Thorn.

Anyone know if it's just bounties that give the item for it?

it eventually developed into a more complete game with really polished mechanics
I love the game in that sense but I just hate playing it on console
Killed the last taken king raid boss on the night the raid opened with some fellow memers from the /vg/, shit is super fun when you have some friends to play with

I did and it got boring. just a very repetitive grind for shitty loot.

Why would I want it on PC?

Its a fun console game, best suited for couch play.

Because you can do that with PC games too.
The option is there

Maybe because the studio that created it already became shit to me in 2010.

>343i turned it into CoD, not Bungie.
>Destiny is what currently feels more like Halo
Reachfags, the cancer of Halo everyone.

I'm not a Reach fag, I said Bungie halos in general.

Reach had new "non-Halo" mechanics, sure, but it still felt like more like Halo than CoD. 343i's envolvement mid-way through didn't help either.
Halo4 was the clear moment when it all went to shit, so questions asked, it clearly crossed the line.

Reach is my least favorite when it comes to MP and I never said or gave an indication that I was a big fan of it, not sure why you sperged out there.

Destiny movement, momentum-based jumps and long time to kill feel more halo than any of 343i's games. I didn't get to play Halo5 that long but honestly felt even more alienating than Halo4. The insane online drop-out rates clearly show Halo is not what it used to be.

Are you seriously defending 343i in any way shape or form? Are you pushing Reach to fit some meme anti-Bungie / pro-343i narrative when no one else mentioned it?

How do i get out of 365? Blues aren't dropping with +2 light levels anymore. I don't have any friends to do Trials of Osiris or Nightfall.

I heard that Iron Banner is coming soon, does it have matchmaking?

You'll need strike loot to raise your light. The strike boss have a chance of dropping something and you also have a chance of getting a skeleton key at the end of a strike (good for getting a specific piece of strike gear).

Iron Banner has matchmaking.

see >After that you need PvP, Raid, Trials of Osiris, Faction packages and Exotic engrams to reach 385
Forgot to add the Nightfall strike there

>heard that Iron Banner is coming soon, does it have matchmaking?
yes

>How do i get out of 365?
>I don't have any friends to do Trials of Osiris of Nightfall

Faction packages, my dude. And the chests at the end of strikes.

That's what i'm talking about, at the end of each strike i used to get blues that were +2 to +3 light levels above mine, but now they just drop at the same light level i'm at (365).

From what said i'll probably have to grind the Skeleton Keys and rank up factions, which sounds pretty boring. I'll just wait for Iron Banner.

Strike bosses have a chance to drop purples. The skeleton keys give access to those same drops (but have the advantage of choosing which specific strike loot you want).

I can't jump back into the Destiny grindfest.

I just can't. The game burned me out beyond belief and i don't think i can go back to it until Destiny 2.

The bosses drop purple engrams but those only decrypt to 365, just like the blue drops. They can drop the skelly keys which can give you access to 365+ items, however. You can't just get strike specific gear off of bosses like you could in Y2. They changed it because some people weren't getting things they wanted.

So now you just have to pray for a skeleton the key to get anything?
I've only ever gotten the one from the story mission and never another.

Putting up with shit is not worth it solely for the off chance of a slight improvement, in the future, maybe, but most likely not. Especially if you could simply buy and play something that is good now.

They drop from the 320 and 350 strike playlists. They drop within every 10 strikes so grinding is a pain, but hey, you're playing Destiny. And at least you get to choose what loot you get now.
>tfw all 3 psion cloaks as of last week

You mean Dark Guardians.
Or Darkians.

>Raids don't have matchmaking
>that's precisely why LFG sites exist

wtf? Fuck you bungie shill. Just ad lfg to the game. Third party websites are not a fucking excuse for lazy deving. Also enjoy magically being weaker next DLC instead of new harder areas and enemies. Thats why I quit

Bungie is trying to save you antisocial basement dwellers from yourselves by forcing you to go out and find your own teammates, but you're just too stupid to even see that.

>mfw me and my bros ABSOLUTELY SHIT on kids last night and ruined many Flawless cards cause we were playing for Scarab on our 9-0 cards

I fuckin hate Elimination too

hatemail in destiny is the best kind of hatemail.

>wtf? Fuck you bungie shill
Kek, the butthurt is hilarious. I never bother to open destiny or halo threads, nor do I follow the community, but now that I post on on I get called a Reachfag and BungieShill, in 10 minutes time I'll also be a 343iwhore, Sonypony, Microchip and ActivisionCuck. Can't wait!

>Just ad lfg to the game.
Nah, that's shit. Like, really shit. Not only would it make Raid design as bad/easy as Strike design, it would also not force you go meet people to play with on the regular. If you could just hit a magical button to summon randoms for that one instance you wouldn't bother to keep them (or at least not nearly as much) because the next day you can simply hit that magical button again and get new randoms.

I couldn't care less now, neither do I care about your situation. I have well over a dozen people to play all sort of end-content with all from different clans and countries. My biggest problems is that there are so many people to play with, so _only_ raiding with 6 at a time is bothersome because 8 or 9 want to do it. Fortunately I have all 3 character slots to play with everyone.

If Destiny had matchmaking on end-game I would've never met any of them and probably still be a solo player (if I had no RL friends to play with)

I don't know if it's a shitty solution, I went over that phase 2 years ago and now have a permanent group of people to play with. I'll play Destiny2 and 3 with them, or Dragon'sDogmaOnline if it eever gets to the west, or NioH, or GundamBreaker3, or EDF4.1, etc etc I'll never ever ever ever need to look for playmates again thanks to destiny's "shitty" raid searching methodss.

Using a LFG website is good in the long run. Look at what matchmaking and automatization in general made to WoW. LFR is a fucking joke.

I wish I had real friends to play Destiny with, even sweating in Osiris wouldn't be that bad at all.

ALL bounties have a chance to give the thorn quest. Shiro bounties, vanguard, crucible etc.

Go on LFG and find a group. It's super easy! Granted, don't expect an easy ride when trials is going, it brings out the anger in people.

>mfw when I had a fireteam of 3 that would play since day 1 and fucked up the entire thing because we were so good

We started with six, once vault of glass opened we had five so we got a mute random

Completed the raid blind

Did the same for crotas end once it came out

By time house of wolves came out it was down to three, so we'd flawlessly complete trials of osiris each week first try and completed all raaids each week with three other randoms

>we stopped playing after TTK got stale and now my account has gotten banned

>no game will live up to that amount of fun ever

I love the raid but seems so weirdly balanced. 3/4 of the raid is easy as piss and then Aksis phase 2 is friendship ending tier. I feel like I've been trolled.

Day 1/beta player, been playing off and on. The game suffers from what Halo suffered from, all of the interesting parts of the universe is locked behind lore thats not in-game.

The game itself feels great, but you're literally grinding the same 1-5 missions constantly, to literally no end. And all this flavour text that you get between every mission and on your items just makes you want to play those parts instead of what we got.

Read the Grimore if you're mustard race and interested, it's quite literally the best part of the game.

how did you get banned?

>buy season pass
>"oops sorry next dlc will not be included on season pass"

>that shit you worked hard to get like ToO gear and raid sets?, too bad now even white shit you find on the ground outclass it

never again, buying this game was a mistake

>implying that isn't literally standard practice for mmos

Destiny is an mmo and the sooner the fanbase starts accepting that they will be a lot happier

just be thankful they never kept the original dlc plans.

There were suppose to be 2 small dlc for taken king

All my friends stopped playing it and this game sucks big black cocks when you play by yourself

honestly i'm never buying a activision game again
fuck bungie
>tfw not even my normie friends accepted what they did with ttk and they all gave up on this shit too

>Online only
>Console only
>Can only have 3 characters
>Story is still barebones
>Grimoire still isn't in the game
>Full price game with microtransactions
>Expansions are crazy overpriced
>Still can't alter your appearance

The Taken Jew was enough fun for me. If Destiny 2 fixes those issues I might pick it up

>Full price game with microtransactions

The original micro stuff was ok for what it was. Emotes, masks, sparrows were fine. The chroma shit was starting to fall but you could get 3 a week no problem.

Now the shit you earn ingame can only be brought to its full potential with microtransactions. Want the full ornament set for Trials? better have 25 silver dust. Days of Iron? get lucky buying boxes.

I'm glad I jumped off a month after launch cause coming back with the final release of the game has been great.

this pls

I've played this game for 3 fucking years and the only thing it's given me after 1k+ hours of playtime is a hateboner for bungie and a couple retarded friends.

This was my picture