With the NES Mini being considered to have great emulation...

With the NES Mini being considered to have great emulation, you think that there will be a modding community for this little box of nostalgia? Imagine this thing being able to play any NES game.

I want to buy one in case someone does manage to do it. (The Famicom one has a Micro USB port, maybe the US/EU has one as well?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALDa_q_VcF4
youtube.com/watch?v=ocGdWRF84Q0
youtu.be/ocGdWRF84Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=4iHoOK5HCHA
nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/nes_classic_edition_will_feature_a_brand_new_emulator_developed_by_nerd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just fucking emulate on a toaster.

There's no point.

It's not original hardware or an approximation, so all it can do is emulate with 99.9% accuracy. If you want that, you can just fire up NEStopia. If you want better, it's easier to buy a flashcart.

>"just fucking emulate on a toaster man don't you dare fucking buy that thing i've arbitrarily decided it's not worth the money."

>great emulation
>list of 30 great games
>easily mobile
>looks like an nes and is an actual nes controller
>nostalgia if you grew up with NES, and grabbing a nice quick library if you didn't

>being too young to know that different experiences feel different ways (that's an objective fact, whether or not the feelings are subjective, you philosophical kindergartner)

>thinking this won't feel a million times better to me than downloading romz on my laptop and playing it with a 3rd party controller

kys

Are you like legit retarded?

>actually defending this scam

Nintendo containment board when?

Yes

>Imagine this thing being able to play any NES game.

Wow cool because NES games are hard to emulate right?

>Nintendo containment board when?

That's Cred Forums, along with all cancerous video games.

>Not buying the real thing and pic related

Get the fuck out yourself, low-iq nigger. We need a containment board for everyone under 25 since your brains have literally not finished developing yet.

How is it a scam? You get a mini-replica of an nes, with an nes controller that also works with your wii and wii u.

Then you get 30 games on a new emulator that Nintendo coded that look and play way better than the ones on the Wii U.

It has a nice AI and save-state ability and all those essential features.

It has multiple video modes.

HDMI out so I can easily plug this into any TV around my house or anywhere else. No need to have a dedicated laptop and move it around or bring it outside. Wow, I can actually use my laptop while I play this thing. Ever hear of opportunity cost, nigger, or are you still in high school?

Buy another controller for $10 to play with a friend. Instead of spending like $15-20 on a piece of garbage "Here's your controller bro."

I was going to ask you if you're poor but I already know you are at least either financially or mentally. Maybe both.

This goes for the rest of you niggers too.

obviously people are gonna open it up to see whats inside on day one. we'll just have to wait and see if anything of interest is found inside.

micro usb will be used to power the thing by plugging it into your tv's usb port as clutter reduction. its unlikely it will have data access tho

>AI

UI

why is it a scam? its a cool little device. like you, i probably wont buy it since i actively emulate on my PC, phone, etc but theres a lot of people out there who arent interested in taking the time to do that so this lets them play classic games easily and conveniently.

It's a scam because PlugNPlay consoles are scams now since Nintendo is making one and I only play mature games.

>imagine being able to play any NES game

WOAH IMAGINE IF THERE WERE SOME KIND OF PROGRAM THAT LET YOU PLAY NES GAMES OR WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ANY NES GAME

Pretty much this.

it is what it is
a holiday place holder due to the death of the wii u

>being this upset because no one is falling for your literal scam

Lmaoing so hard at your life right now tbqh

>possibly pretending to be retarded and not understanding things around you to enable yourself to sperg out

I just proved to you that it wasn't a scam, though. Does someone pay you to be that stupid?

At least I would get paid

Unlike you who shills this garbage for free ;^)

hehehe dam

this board is 18+.

>Lmaoing so hard at your life right now tbqh
yuck. please if you are going to act like this, go back to tumblr or at least reddit.
This place doesn't need this pathetic excuse to look cool to strangers without usernames.

Or you could just kill yourself and get that one moment of attention that you desire No one here really cares about you as the person, just what you say and how it affects expected social behavior.

do you not understand the concept of collectibles? do you get mad when people chose to buy physical games too?

Learn what scam means, sweetheart. You personally not liking the product doesn't make it a scam.

Then what are you doing here?

>being this triggered because no one is falling for your shilling
Cry more would you? Your tears are delicious

Buying psychical games seems less retarded than buying le ebin pocket NES zomfg Nintendo so innovative xDD

You could have done that same thing (plus all console until nintendo DS and all the games you want) years ago with a raspberry pi and a 3d printed case.

You could even use your own controller in case you don't favor nintendo's one.

Is it delicious when you're so obviously underage that people are hopping into this thread just to point it out to you?

never seen a noob owned as hard as this kid rofl. how mad r u

>selling a product people want is bad

wew

>no ur the underage!!1

As expected of a shill, go back to r/nintendo and take that worthless piece of plastic with you

>Have an android phone
>It has emulators for nes, snes, gba, genesis, psx and arcade.
>Can already stream it on my tv
>Use a wireless dualshock 3 to play everything
There are custom wireless snes pads if that's all it takes to impress you.

So what's your point? First of all, if I agree with you that it's "the same thing" (you should really think hard before you use that phrase to compare anything), then great. All you're saying is something that I like now also existed before, so what am I supposed to say? Great?

Are you like who thinks that this has anything to do with innovation?

It's a fucking $60 dollar machine I get paid that much in 3 hours at work and even for my friends who are on minimum wage they consider this thing a good value.

So then, if it was good back then then it is good now, correct?

Why are Nintendo fanatics such autistic faggots?

>j-just make it yourself!

If you think the average person has the dedication to do that you're a retard.

>So then, if it was good back then then it is good now, correct?
>posted from my C64
And even then, no.
You're paying $60 today for something worse than something you could buy years ago for less money with more functionality.

The sad thing is that this will be the best console of this generation.

Not him but you're paying 60 bucks for 30 games when you could literally get the entire nes library for free

Seriously a few years ago people here would've laugh at this and now they're defending it? What's went wrong?

Nintendo fans

function = form right? You pretend to know nothing about life and that it's silly to prefer to play on something that looks and feels like an NES vs a fucking rasberri pi?

Fucking idiot.

That was my first post mate. I'm just saying, stop being a sad fucking loser that exaggerates their feelings towards video games.

>le ebin pocket NES zomfg Nintendo so innovative xDD
okay but no one reacted this way.

You seem upset people like an official Nintendo collectible/novelty product.

This.

Or this.

All of the sudden people don't understand PnP consoles because Nintendo is making one.

It's an obvious cash in on nostalgia but it's still a cool little idea.

$60 is a bit much unless the build quality of those controllers and the actual system is god tier

It's a normie nostalgia cash grab but at least they put some effort into it unlike sega does with all their genesis rereleases

>YOURE NOT PLAYING IT LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO!

retard these are videogames, not cheese and wine

It's more likely that someone would just rip the emulation software and distribute it for PC/phones/everything else

>great emulation
PC
>list of 30 great games
Why settle for 30 when you can have every single one?
>easily mobile
Like you're gonna carry that shit around anyway
>actual nes controller
the NES controller is fucking shit

Nintendo can sell you an official bag of shit and you will buy it

The only person saying that is you, you fucking faggot.

>DURR YOU GOTTA PLAY ON A RASBERRY PI CUZ ITS THE SAME HONEST

>Seriously a few years ago people here would've laugh at this and now they're defending it? What's went wrong?
>mfw there are anons who unironically bought fucking Bubsy on steam, the very same shitty game you can emulate for free
>mfw I saw anons arguing and begging for codes when we had Steam selling some Genesis games, again when they're available at any moment for years

I don't know, people are getting pretty retarded.

>I'm just saying, stop being a sad fucking loser that exaggerates their feelings towards video games.
The irony is not lost on me

If i would get upset at how idiots spend their money I would get called a Nintendo fan

The raspberry plays like a NES and the case makes it look like one.

You think that because it came from nintendo it's somehow better?

And? Does it affect you if people want to waste their money on shit?

>Like you're gonna carry that shit around anyway
I am. Now what?

>the NES controller is fucking shit
Kewl dude

Is this thing out yet?

>no u

You're the one who's having a nervous breakdown over people playing console games on their phones or pc

Master system had a better controller

>You think that because it came from nintendo it's somehow better?

Yes.

In all likelihood on multiple counts.

I do think because it's not a Rasberri Pi with a case on it that it's better, yes.

Doesn't appear that way if you know how to read.

Build quality was honestly ass, though.

And without start/select, buttons were just a bit too few.

Pause was on the actual system itself, which was a little bullshitty.

30 classic games with a real NES controller for 60 bucks is a scam, lol.

>All this hate toward a simple Plug n' Play Normie device

It's a super simple device that just works out of the box.
No downloading emulators or ROMs
No configuring the gamepad
No no resolution adjustment
No computer needed whatsoever

Sega and atari have made these for years, and no one cares. Nintendo does it, and it's the end of the world.
Sony will then make one, and people will praise Nintendo for "Inventing the idea" and calling Sony copycats yet again.

Does the "v" in Cred Forums stand for vagina or something?

Explain.

Look, actual retards.

>it's silly to prefer to play on something that looks and feels like an NES vs a fucking rasberri pi? Fucking idiot

You sounded pretty triggered there boi

Someone post the list of games

It stands for Vote Trump, brosef.

Now go make America great agin.

Lmao you only get 30 games with this fisherprice toy?

Its just a gimped raspberry, at double the price
I swear, nintendo can just shit on a burger and people will love it and ask for more.

damn you actually made me laugh with how much of a nigger shitposter you are

>You pretend to know nothing about life and that it's silly to prefer to play on something that looks and feels like an NES vs a fucking rasberri pi?

>You pretend ... that it's silly to prefer to play on something that looks and feels like an NES vs a fucking rasberri pi?

L2R

Why don't you just get a raspberry pi and put it in some type of new case. I cannot believe there is an actual market for this billshit.

Like they say

A fool and his money

ITT:
Retards who already bought this shit and want to defend their retarded purchase.

>being considered to have great emulation

By whom? NES emulation has been a solved problem for a decade at least, there are a whole bunch of very accurate emulators out there.

I still wouldn't say it's "great emulation" if it doesn't let me filter the output or allow some more fancy hacks like overclocking. Rather it's really barebones emulation.

>Nintendo does it, and it's the end of the world.

That's not it at all, it's just that this is being presented as something worthwhile and new while as you point out, this has been done for years already.

I plan to get one of these, simply because my old NES and SNES were stolen by a shitty roommate in college. I only have a laptop and don't really want to emulate on it. This mini NES is perfect since it has many games I like and it's small, so it won't take up much space. I hope they make a SNES one soon.

>3D print a case

That would be 20 dollars. Plus another 30 for the pi, with no controllers, dunno what else the pi may need. Isn't this thing 50 at most without the hassle?

not a drone, but what's the point of OC assuming games run as intended?

>Normie device
Look if we cared about what normalfags played we would have daily madden and cod threads

>Sega and atari have made these for years, and no one cares.
No because everyone here back then was smart enough to not fall for it
>Nintendo does it, and it's the end of the world.
No its because of the rabid fanbase that tries to push this thing down our throats and treat it like if it were revolutionary or something

ITT: People get butthurt over a plug and play console because its made by Nintendo

Interface and compatibility are both likely to have been tested to a much higher degree, and the build durability and lifetime are both likely to be considerably better.

Finally, I think connecting/powering/utilizing it will be just that slight bit less of a hassle that means I will actually use it.

Avoiding slowdowns? Super Ghouls n' Ghosts and Gradius 3 on SNES would be way better without the constant slowdowns

But you don't get the ability to emulate as many consoles as a pi plus you get all the games you want for free. So while it may cost more you are getting more out of it. Also you can always make the pi do something else if you get tired of emulating with it.

Its new for Nintendo and worthwhile for collectors/nostalgiafags.

>Raspberry fans coming out of the woodworks

Is this really just a thinly veiled piracy thread?

No matter how you spin it, you were getting upset over someone preferring to play it on a phone over the real thing when that's a thing of preference and not something that is written on stone

>this is being presented as something worthwhile and new

...by who?

Nintendo hasn't really done something like this before, not since the 70s at least, so it's new for them, but where are they claiming to have invented a new concept entirely?

>Presented as something worthwhile and new

Did you have a heart attack when Sega did the same thing twice?

>n-no ur mad!

Nintendorks need to change their diapers, they are getting really grumpy more

Can I put cartridges in it?

You realize not everyone supports piracy and some people like to own officially released games? Not the case for me but I know many people are like that.

I'm not too sure, I'm a nostalgiafag myself with a pretty decent Nintendo-only-collection and this doesn't appeal to me at all.

>You get all the games you want for free

Not everyone wants to deal with piracy.

Then you're not a real Nintendo fan

Turn in your badge and Mario hat

Nah, it's too small.

It'd be great if it actually had a slot though, and tiny special print cartridges were released for special occasions.

You can get decent a USB NES controller knockoff like 10 dollars or a NES-to-USB adapter for a little more than that.

I mean I get that collectors would want a novelty item like that that will probably end up collecting dust after a week, but stop trying to sell it as some kind of amazing creation that's totally worth what it costs. It's a barebones emulator board with 30-prepackaged games in a novelty box, nothing more.

Some games had significant slowdown on the original hardware. If you only care about accuracy then you'll want those slowdowns on the emulator as well but some emus have an option to overclock the CPU in order to have the game run better. I've been replaying some Mega Man lately and it can really slow down to a crawl in the most cluttered screens.

>But Raspberry Pi 3
>But USB Nintendo controllers (they exist)
>Emulate every NES and SNES game just as well for the same price
>Not supporting Nintendo's jewery of charging for emulators

Problem solved.

Nice Nintencuck thread

Bought any amibos lately?

Not even Sega, Namco put fucking amazing arcade games as a plug 'n play device and nobody shat their pants. Hell, Neo Geo X exists.

I can't wait to put this on a shelf next to all my other geeky collectables like my Pop! figures

Why not. You think Nintendo deserves 5 bucks for a game from the fucking 80s that I bought when I was a kid. And seriously it takes minimal effort to download the games.

I only bring up Sega because they slapped a sticker on the Genesis plug and play and pretended it is new. Which of course doesn't get shitposted about.

There really aren't that many actual good nes games. Of the 30, maybe 5 will be worth playing
Enjoy your wasted money and room space

Because everyone ignored it because it was shit. But this gets attention because It's Ok When Nintendo Does It.

Then why don't people ignore this NES if its also shit?

>Why not
>Why do some people not want to deal with piracy instead of having shit "just work"

Has your commie boner drawn that much blood from your brain? Ive got a Vita for emulation and even I fucking know the world's population doesn't want to deal with that shit.

As a palfag I loved the SMS (8way >4way) but unfortunately the pad isn't built to last. The pad is padded with foam that degrades and the pad itself is held in with thin plastic that eventually breaks and falls out.

Because Nintendo fans jerk off over anything Nintendo puts out. The few remaining Sega fans are rightfully distrustful of anything Sega does.

If this takes of, could there be a chance we can get a new Gameboy/GBA model with some preloaded games and maybe even a cartridge bay?

The only people that seem to care about this thing are shitposters because I haven't seen anyone praising Nintendo for this.

>deal with piracy
>fucking roms

This can't be serious. Are you some of those faggots who deleted the roms in 24 hours time afraid that the SWAT would break into your house during the Geocities time?

So you didn't even read the OP?

good thing everyone isnt a retard like you hnn?

3DSDude BTFO

Now this would be nice. Fuck, chinks have been doing NES clones with built in games for decades

"Minimal effort" is an understatement, you can download the entire collection on archive.org. It's like 250Mo.

I can understand not wanting to pirate new games but those have had more than enough time to earn their money back. The vast majority of the people working on those games won't see a cent of the profit made by selling the ROMs nowadays.

This is basically public domain as far as I'm concerned (and I think it should be if copyright laws weren't completely retarded).

The op was asking about the possibility of it being modded in the future. How is that praise?

Nice samefag but if anyone got BTFO was the retards who think this shit is worth buying or stealing

>>looks like an nes and is an actual nes controller
It also uses a Wii-like extension ports, so if you have a classic controller to USB adapter, you could PROBABLY just plug that shit in and it'd work.

>With the NES Mini being considered to have great emulation
>I want to buy one

>How is that praise?

>Buying the same games
>again
>again
>and again

You nintendo fucks are the worst fanbase.

Put your trip back on, fag

>live in Europe so have to import if I want to play NES
>imported shit has to come from overseas and is usually hoarded by asshats
>VC's kinda shit and expensive while the NES mini looks to be much more accurate
>plus it comes with a cute NES and controllers just like the original

I'm buying it famalam.

What, You're not happy with being told by anons you're also want to get told by tripfags?

qwhat vidya

You're acting like that shit is hard. Seriously emulating Nintendo and super Nintendo games is easy as fuck. I can understand fucking with ps2 emulation being a pain. I've been there. Just fuck off and git gud with computers faggot.

Not him, but the emulation is likely more per game than system based.

So one person's opinion/wanting to buy a product is now praise from everyone?

Because that's a ridiculous thing to ask, the only argument in favor of this piece of hardware is "at least it's not piracy". If you mod it to add more games then what's left of it?

It's very unlikely to be the case, NES emulation is trivial on modern hardware, it would be more work to make game-specific emulators.

You asked how the OP was praising it, I showed you. Just take your lumps and move on. We all make mistakes.

If you want the best possible Nes/Snes experience, then invest in one of those Sony CRT's. And emulate on them.

Anyone who buys this toy is worse than amibo fags

>user
Put your trip back on, fag

Roms are piracy.

>Hurr he steals his games on Vita but deletes them

Are you a retard, boy?

Ok ok. Now, here's an amazing idea. It may be a little crazy and seem really out-there, but please bare with me. Are you ready?

Like it? Buy it.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Phew. That was hard to get out!

>being this new

Poorfags detected

No one is acting like it's hard but you have to put yourself into the shoes of a normie, you fucking autist. Most of the generation that grew up with the NES as kids don't want to bother with emulation and kids these days barely know how to work a mouse.

>steals

Retards buying garbage products affects us all in this industry.

Ok ok. Now, here's an amazing idea. It may be a little crazy and seem really out-there, but please beer with me. Are you ready?

Like a thread? Post in it.
Don't like it? Don't post in it.

Phew. That was hard to get out!

I'm a massive faggot btw.

I can download an NES emulator from the Play Store and ROMs to go with it. It's as easy and as normie as it gets.

>I'm a massive faggot btw.

No shit

I think if there is any modding it will be from people opening it up and tinkering. Like you said, the USB port is power only

damn, Cred Forums you fell hard for that bait

>You're acting like

Nigger no I'm not. But you seem to have brain damage and are incapable of understanding what normal fags capabilities entail. And most of them don't even know how to deal with Roms.

This desperate shirposting, Jesus Christ.

Devices capable of emulating NES: literally every single one.

Get a shitty laptop and a usb nes controller. Bam. Now you can play every NES game as well as several other system's games on the go or hooked up to your tv with a nes controller.

Alternatively your phone or a cheap second hand psp off ebay works.
Hell, get a $40 kindle fire and root it.

You could have every nes game and then some.

>Bait pretending that I'm bait

Woah, so this is the power of meta shit posting

>caring about what normalfags do

Looks like the only retard on this thread is you famicom

So only retards will buy this gimmicky crap? I think we're in agreement after all.

You guys seem to be suggesting that downloading an emulator and some ROMs is some enigmatic and underground process.

There are tons of normies who emulate on PCs and smart phones. Stop trying to feel special.

I'm hoping for SNES/N64/Game Cube variations, as unlikely the latter two are

But you're not buying it, user.

Seriously a normal person can achieve this. Also what Normal fag is gonna buy this shit. Most normal fags don't give a shit about this. It's literally you Nintendo fan boys that want to buy this garbage. Also if I'm posting in a thread full of people who aren't classified as a normal fags then I'm telling you fuckers to emulate. If you are on Cred Forums and you don't have basic computer skills, just kill yourself because you're a waste of life. Seriously who brought normal fags up.

Im not buying one unless I can pluh in actual NES accessories...

Your life is a gimmick. End it all.

b-b-but muh mini nes

>normies can get laid
>normies can talk with people without sweating
>normies can now play my childhood videogames which I developed a non healthy relationship because my poor social skills

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If it was a hardware replicant, sure. But its just an ARM chip running an emulator.

Just use a fucking pi.

>great emulation
It's going to be virtual console, which is hot garbage.

I would buy one just to gut it and insert a Raspberry Pi.

Except that's wrong you retarded frogposter. NES Mini has far better emulation with much more options and features than Virtual Console.

shittily made and a pause button ON the fucking console itself?

I like the look better though.

Virtual console works decently, it's just very barebones. You can't even change the palette AFAIK.

Source? It's the first time I hear about those "options and features".

What a shame.

Then you're not buying one.

Here's one:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALDa_q_VcF4

You could buy a broken NES for half the price and put one inside of that.

I still dont get why this thing is wired

Who the fuck literally cares? As long as I can plug a controller into it, and it doesn't use shitty filters, then it's fine.

4:3 option, pixel perfect option, CRT filter

youtube.com/watch?v=ocGdWRF84Q0

>more options and features
Fucking wow, a few gimmicks that still don't live up to standard emulators. It's a dolled up Virtual Console. It's going to be a shitty emulator and there is nothing you can do about it. Keep sucking down shit, nintoddler.

keeps costs down, lets you use classic controllers, and you won't need to charge wireless controllers

Muh emulation
>I want the comfy console feel
>I like official Nintendo hardware
>I'm a purist fag
Just get a flashcart
>Finding a front loading NA NES that still works
>Not paying $80+ for a console in decent condition
>add on the price of the flashcart
>No thanks
This NES Classic Edition is just the best for what I personally want
>It's pretty cheap
>I get to have the console feel
>Real nintendo controllers
>I can play all the games I want to
>Save states
>All the other cool UI stuff Nintendo has packed in it
>Plus I get to support the big N for doing something good for once.

youtu.be/ocGdWRF84Q0

Better emulation than anything unofficial. Keep living in denial.

>I'm a purist fag
>Save states
>All the other cool UI stuff Nintendo has packed in it
>I'm a purist fag

See this is why we should let anime posters be allowed on this board.

TL: I'm a fucking retard who has too much neet bucks to spend

Kek, your fucking retarded, check it out

>how is it a scam
$60 for 30 games I can literally get for free on my 'top; on the part of the controllerb my mayflash works just as well for only $15 and i can use any controller i want with the appropriate adapter

>save state
On nestopia and fcxl or whatever its called
>multiple video modes
Irrelevabt

>i can actually use my laptop
You can do this regardless, tick the pause while inactive field

>dude your poor
Spending money wisely =/= poor

Stay cucked, kiddo.

I thought about it but the front connectors aren't even USB so it would be a pain to get plug the connectors.

Oh, so they included a CRT filter at least. Still, it's just an improvement over the Virtual Console (and it's horrible dark palette), the rest has been present in any worthwhile NES emulator since forever.

Yeah the VC palette is terrible, that's not new. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

So it's better than the shit VC, still not better than real emulators.

Can you try actually typing a coherent post

I only meant that I want to play Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware you mong
I have a job and I'm in college right now

Pls no bully

Can't compete with Mednafen

Then say that next time assburger. Stop trying to pretend it's good or your a purist, just say "I'm a Nintendrone who wants to give Nintendo money for anything they put out" so there will be no confusion.

You do realize that this is just an off-the-shelf ARM SoC flashed with an emulator and with a Nintendo label sticked on top right? You're paying for the box basically.

>I want to play Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware

Neo Cred Forums everyone

>Kek, your fucking retarded, check it out
You might want to work on your spelling, grammar and punctuation before calling others retarded.

>$60 for 30 games I can literally get for free on my 'top
So you're a criminal. Cool.

>multiple video modes
>Irrelevabt
It's not irrelevant if you care about image quality.

>Spending money wisely =/= poor
Piracy is not spending money wisely. It's piracy. And yes, chances are you're poor if you have to resort to flashcards or piracy to play games.

>Stay cucked, kiddo.
The only cuck here is (You). Stay retarded, kiddo.

What the fuck do you think i wrote you dumb fucking nigger? I weny point by point you dumb piefe of shit. Your inability yo fucken read anything longer than two words is no problem of mine. Drink bleach amd get fucked

S-Shut up

Mad as fuck that you cant read, lmao, stay cucked.

How is copying bits and bytes of fucken virtual data tantamount to piracy lmfao your an idiot.

Saving money is objectively spending zero units of currency where you otherwise would have. You cant say that receiving a gift of food is not saving money you fucken idiot lmfao stay poor and cucked.

>still not better than real emulators.
Less customization and features such as cheat codes, palettes, button re-mapping, sure.

But the image quality itself is identical.

Are you 12?
Don't make me tell your mother to shut off the wifi

So still not better, got it.

triggered?

>I can play all the games I want to
It's missing a ton of good NES games. What the hell are you talking about?

You don't get it, he only wants to play the games Nintendo tells him to. I mean if they were good Nintendo would include them right? You always trust Nintendo to know what's best for us.

>Better emulation than anything unofficial
THIS IS WHAT NINTODDLERS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Nice rebuttal.

I have a collection of some other NES games that I play on my SNES with a retroport adapter. I just like that I'm going to be able to consolidate my cartridge collection slightly with this thing.

>get told
>t-triggered?

Good to know the average nintendork IQ doesn't surpass single digits

>Sjw+comp+not+an+argument+(...).jpg

Are you phone shitposting fucking Cred Forums memes

Kek, mad as fuck. Stay retarded and keep being separated from your capital you fucjen retards lmaooo

Do you even know the basis of acid-base extraction? Do you even know the physical properties of oak wood vs evergreem wood lmfao. Retards. Stay asshurt becsude you wsnt to buy a system locked NES CLASSIC instead of getting a far better emulater for free. Retards lmao. I gave you the better alternwrige and all you do is go BAAAAAWWW fuck you your a P-PIRSTE and shit your pants lmfaoo

No it's called "first result on google image search"

>Amazon
>reviews are like 40 shitposts

Guise.

>Dude wtf are you really going to eat shit? That's fucking gross.
>OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM F-FUCK U IT'S DEWICIOUS! ONMONMON *pukes* STAY MAD PCKEK

I don't see any reviews for it yet.

every single person wanting this thing is a person who never had a nes and just wants something shaped like a nes

as a person who had a nes, i can't imagine why you would pay extra for something that basically every electronic device in your home can now do

you can probably emulate nintendo games on your fridge and cast them to your tv if you have new appliances

If you collect novelty items to put on display on your self then more power to you, but stop pretending that there's any reason to purchase that thing besides >muh nostalgia and impressing your 12 friends with how much of a geek you are.

It's basically a NES amiibo. Nothing wrong with that, but don't fool yourself into thinking it has any intrinsic value.

user, there's no point in arguing with retards with money.
These same faggots probably think that amiibos are the greatest thing ever and that anything Nintendo shits out is a blessing from God.

I agree but I felt like it would be a bit of a strawman to put it that way.

I can definitely imagine people thinking "OMG I'll finally be able to play all those games AVGN talked about!!!" when they look at this thing though.

I'm fine with it.
Little NES box is a cute.
I wouldn't buy anything Nintendo puts out. I'm not buying into there "New" 3DS fuckery.
What's wrong with that?
I know everyone on Cred Forums is a poor NEET who can't be asked to pay for games, but really what's wrong with buying Nintendo hardware?

I can read. You're just a disgrace to humanity.

well those people are stupid? not sure what else to say

btw, the games list fucking sucks.

It's not Nintendo hardware. There is nothing bespoke about it, it is using off the shelf SoC with an emulator on it.

I didn't grow up with a NES and I do not have any 12 year old friends.

That's your own problem, for one

Two, none of the games AVGN played are on this fucking thing because it has a normie list of good popular games, anybody who wanted to do that did so years ago

Stay penis punctured, kiddo and keep losing youre money to nintendo lmao retard.

Okay
Pretend I said Nintendo products, assburger.

And you also don't have reading comprehension either.

Your trolling is pretty bad.

>I buy anything with the Nintendo label on it

So now we ask the question again of 'What is wrong with that?" The answer is mindless brand loyalty.

People like to own stuff. I suspect many of them haven't actually played NES games, at least not for more than a few minutes on an emulator.

I'm sure most people looking to buy that thing genuinely think they'll play it a lot and get good value out of it. "Hey, I like Mario and Zelda, I'll finally get to play through the first games!". I'm also sure the vast majority of them will give up after a couple of hours because it'll look to old and frustrating.

>what's wrong with buying nintendo products

maybe the fact that they're by far the most anti-consumer company in gaming?

2016 and people accept shit like games locked to a specific console instead of an account. unbelievable.

shit like "friend codes" to make it nearly impossible to just share your username with other people

shit like amiibos

like honestly if you are an adult and buy nintendo shit they just kick you in the fucking nuts constantly and you just sit there and take it.

Mad as fuuuck

why are you niggers so mad
it costs just as much as one game
and no matter how how angry you nerds get
it's not gonna stop this neat little piece of hardware from selling, and not even all the shitposting in this thread is gonna convince people to do otherwise.

stay mad fucbois

The NES mini is for hipsters who weren't around for the original NES.

Emulation is for hipsters who weren't around for the original NES.

Because if you look at most of their examples they will literally make up fictional audiences buying this to be mad about

It's literally an emulator except you can only play 30 games and you have to pay $60 for it. How can anyone defend this.

1) Only 30 games, with no way of adding more games short of potential hacking
2) No cartridge support
3) No original controller support

The only good thing to come out of this is the NES Classic Controller for use on a Wii. NES and SNES emulation has already been perfected for years with far more options and customization. The only thing worth buying is a N64 Mini since N64 emulation is garbage.

Except it won't appeal to collectors, considering they're the biggest demographic most likely to already HAVE a regular NES or top-loader, then logically, we'll also have assume that their library is also going to be much larger than what's offered with this. Unless it's also going to offer some form of online market that expands its library, it won't catch collectors or purists at ALL.

I'm going to laugh at you all when this thing is the top selling console of the 2016 holiday season. How will Cred Forums ever recover?

>muh emulation
>muh raspberry pi

Stay jaded and cucked, you chuckle fucks

You're a retard. This is their first PnP foray. You have zero grounds to state that it will "just work."

And I look forward to you livestreaming your suicide after it flops hard

Be sure to get the chair and rope ready!

Source: your ass.

alot of the games i have already bought on the VC

baka

>tfw still havnt beat zelda 2

There's been hands on videos already, you literally plug it into HDMI, plug in the USB power cable, and use the included controller or a classic controller, with a settings menu accessed with the reset button for game switching, savestates and filters

Does the mini have the games in HD or is it all fucking washed out like when you play a NES game on your wii/wii u?

Nintendo brand
standalone hardware
costs as much as a brand new game

>flopping

i've seen people spend more on some crappy accesories i've spent more on useless things

i tried emulating SMB3

i got stuck at the 3rd world

had to save scum

if i bought the NES classic i would probably not be able to finish any of the games

Jokes on you, I'm already dead.

Thanks for proving how ignorant you are. Good day Corky.

You're a fucking retard.

The mini nes was made in house. NoE made the new emulator and the device itself is made in Germany.

This isn't one of those Chinese sweat shop plug n plays that break after 3 months

>tfw still havnt beat zelda 2

Quit shitposting and go play that vidya!

List of games

The console will include 30 built-in games. Some games will be exclusive to certain regions, such as the PAL region.[11][12]

Atlantis no Nazo (Japan only)
Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble (North America and PAL only)
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (North America and PAL only)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr. (North America and PAL only)
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai (Japan only)
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy (North America and PAL only)
Final Fantasy III (Japan only)
Galaga
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus (North America and PAL only)
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
NES Open Tournament Golf (Japan only)
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (North America and PAL only)
River City Ransom (Japan only)
StarTropics (North America and PAL only)
Solomon's Key (Japan only)
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl (North America and PAL only)
Tsuppari Ōzumō (Japan only)
Yie Ar Kung-Fu (Japan only)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

>no street fighter 2010
>no batman

>regions in 2k16

this shit is impossible

i always get stuck with in the first 5 minutes and then the game takes a stupid difficulty spike

doesnt help that my IRL memory seems to be fucked

>Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics

anyone getting the book?

Is it about giving the company money?

At this stage... Bear with me on this one... At this stage, having an N64 is like having a plug in and play machine. (I KNOE IT DOES NOT COME WITH GAMES) but compared to todays monster consoles, the N64 is light, small, doesnt make sounds at all, and has one job. Vidya on/ vidya off.

ANYWAY, i could just emulate it right??
But in this case i cant possibly give any company my money. Is it still being a dick, that i wan my cute N64 that is so hardy and light weight that it can just sit on my bed?

Pic related. I hope this all makes you think about what youv'e done.

the pi NES that people are creating are so much better than this piece of shit. nintendo not including nearly the entire library of games is a slap to the face of consumers.

>NoE made the new emulator and the device itself is made in Germany
Interesting. Got any source on this?

>no composite output

That kills it for me.

This.

>tfw beat Zelda 2 legit (GBA port)
>no save states
>while on family road trip

My thumbs ached like fucking tomorrow, I beat the Great Palace and got a kiss from Zelda. It's one of those games that make feel like a real hero for trudging through all that madness.

>Neo Geo X
yeah, no

youtube.com/watch?v=4iHoOK5HCHA

30 games from 3 decades ago. Nice price.

Just buy a goddamn $1 USD emulator app for android. Stop for making threads about this piece of shit for sell to stupid 40-years-old people because "nostalgia".

I wanna play on my tv.

oh shit
you convinced me user
i didn't know i wanted to become a casual until now

>Playing NES games on a phone...

No thanks.

@353659365

not getting my (You) you double nigger

If this gets a USB or MicroSD for homebrew im buying it.

I want to add more games to it.

Otherwise fuck that.

Plug and play consoles have existed for decades. How have they affected the industry?

Found one, can't remember where I read about it being made in germany

nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/nes_classic_edition_will_feature_a_brand_new_emulator_developed_by_nerd

Must be shitty to be so filled with anger and self loathing you get triggered by a cute little Christmas gift for people that liked NES.

It's cute, it has a bunch of fun games on it, it's only $60 which is fucking nothing to me and honestly I hope I get one for sexmas because it's better than the stupid pac-man ones my parents have been buying me every year for the last decade.

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the thing but if I stumbled on it in a store I would buy it and have fun playing double dragon while under the influence of drugs and alcohol while you hate fuck your sailor moon body pillows in your mother's basement.

the NES classic got save states as a feature.

You know what? I'm going to buy two Mini NESs just to spite you. Keep one for myself and give the other one to some kid in my neighborhood.

At least that kid will have fun while you go meme supreme on Korean message board.

>famicom mini
>wired controllers
>controllers are fuckiny tiny and would only be suitable for a 3-5 year old
how could they fuck this up so well?

The japanese trailer has 2 million views when nothing on that channel comes close to that usually, much less within 3 days.

It's pretty obvious they struck gold again while not even trying.

Thanks, I really appreciate it

>was made for kids

Still though, I think the NES mini will be better than the famicom mini for the controller alone.

I really hope it can be moddable, but seeing how a serious nintendo division is making these, i really doubt it.

Modders work magic with what they do in my eyes. Wouldn't be surprised if they can't cast yet another voodoo spell to make it happen here too.

Though it may take some time

Is the controller cable still only 30cm long or did they change that?

Would love if there could be something like the Sega Channel for this console. Like you get to play a certain set of new games each month.

This piece of shit is fucking disgusting. It's nauseating when a company can just shit out such a poorly thought out device with pathetic actual features but at such an outlandish price.

You are better off getting a 5 dollar chink nes clone.

Nostalgia sells.

It all will depend on how the data is stored.

These things dont have external storage, therefore if its internal storage is not easily accesable, it wont be possible to mod.

>4:3 option
What, do the games default to 16:9?

>tips vaporizer

I wouldn't expect Cred Forums to understand unless you have kids or around kids. You don't want your child fucking around on the internet looking for roms.

sheeeit this actually looks pretty good

No, all 3 modes are regular tv sizes, the only widescreen thing is the emulator menu.

Thank god, don't even give plebs the option to ruin the aspect ratio.

Does anyone have experience of pic related?

I have a bunch of old carts and it also supports emulation with 720p upscaling.

It looks nicer and I can appreciate that it has a standard 9 pin serial connector, so it works with stuff like the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64. Having no start button on it was kind of boneheaded, though. They could have mapped them so that Start = Up+Down and it would have gotten around the 2 button limitation of 9 pin serial.

Kill yourself, worthless, meme posting fuck.