So, Warhammer: Vermintide launches on consoles tomorrow

So, Warhammer: Vermintide launches on consoles tomorrow.

>Retuned loot system so grinding isn't as much of a chore but still necessary of course
>All DLC from the PC released included
>Supposed to run at about the same level as the 'high' settings for PCs in terms of graphical power (framerates, I am sure, will be worse because that is par for the course really)
>Possible crossplay support if it takes off well enough confirmed by FatShark

I never played it on the PC because I use laptops and it is always shitty for gaming.

For the PCbros who played it, how is it?

I am a big Warhammer (fantasy not 40k amazingly enough) and the skaven are some of my favorite villains. I never got into L4D because of the PC issue mentioned previously and not supporting the brick-factory that was Xbox 360 back when it launched on that console.

Is it fun? Is it stupid? Is it worth $40 with everything I mentioned?

Singular self-bump.

It's an okay game. If you like L4D at all you'll probably enjoy it. It's basically really rough L4D with a loot system.

If it's on discount, 40 bucks or less maximum, I'd say pick it up. Otherwise I wouldn't really pick it up again unless you absolutely love L4D.

>Really rough L4D

How is it rough? I know nothing about it, so I am genuinely asking.

I'm picking it up tomorrow for sure, ps4.

I'll probably get the PS4 version because my console is currently collecting dust.

Just rough round the edges. A couple bugs, graphical problems, a couple of balance problems.

Basically it has the tacky melee system from L4D2. Ammo isn't as plentiful and it divides weapons into different categories that focus on either taking care of a lot of rats or single target fire. All weapons can aim for the head and pop them off but hitboxes are a bit fucked depending on the enemy. The loot system makes getting better gear for higher levels a pain, despite how much it's improved, meaning you can't really jump into the higher levels unless you get god tier luck on the mob spawns. The characters are really hit or miss as well, making some extremely mandatory, see the empire soldier or dwarf, while others are super hit or miss, elf or witch.

Someone is always gonna be stuck playing the tank role and be stuck in a defensive position in higher levels to protect his teammates, which is honestly the most boring shit ever in this game, but, it's essential at higher levels of play.

I hope that explains it a little bit, I'm kind of drunk right now so I wouldn't know if it came out as a mess of words or not.

Has there been any word on cross play? Like will ps4 users be playing WITH PC? Because the game really needs players and splitting any new blood the game gets onto a segregated platform seems dumb.

Also is there a way to move a save or progress over?

The pros

The skaven are a good enemy choice given the setting and are fun to mow down.

The game isn't easy and the AI does a good job of keeping the heat on the players through the run

All characters handle pretty differently and have their strengths and weaknesses but all are viable options.

The game is pretty spot on visually given the source material as well.

The cons

One mode type will very much have you love or hate the game with no in between

Given the grindy nature of the loot system, don't expect many to want to invest a whole bunch of time with the game

When you fail, holy shit the butthurt is high as hell amongst the play group.

All in all though, I thought it was a much better L4D game than L4D while still scratching that same itch because I never liked the PVP element of L4D.

The crew at FatShark have said it is possible, it depends on the sales figures.

Well, that is generally the problem with all class based game systems isn't it? People take on roles to accomplish things easier.

Although I have heard that player skill counts for a lot when using the ranger or bright wizard. The can supposedly fuck a map up pretty good but they can't take a punch for shit which is pretty troublesome when you have a bunch of pissed off Splinters on your asshole out the gate.

I played it for about 2 weeks at launch.
It's a nice L4D-like game, but the levels weren't that many and the grinding was absolutely excessive. In the end I played it a bit, finished the levels in a bunch of difficulties, then stopped playing because I got bored, like L4D.
It also had clear performance issues but I don't think it's relevant for the console port.

Its better than L4D, and the melee is superb.

Shit devs who can't even bother to touch balancing brings it down.

Supposedly the weapon grinding has been greatly mitigated. It is still there but nowhere near as bad.

18 levels now too and the usual run is supposed to be about 20-30 minutes long if your crew knows what to do as well.

I am getting a sense of deja vu with what I am seeing to be honest.

I remember Diablo 3 being super shit on the PC when it launched and the console version being far superior when it came out later. I am wondering if the same thing is happening here.

>The crew at FatShark have said it is possible, it depends on the sales figures.

So, no, but maybe someday? What about a save transfer? I'm trying to remember if the game had an account or if it was just all steam integrated. I want to support the, cause Vermintide was legitimately my favourite game of last year, but don't really want to start over.

>Balance
>Class based fantasy setting

There should never be 'balanced' characters in this set-up, user. It should be a group of people with party members who excel at certain aspects of gameplay using their strengths to mitigate the other characters weaknesses and vice versa to encourage the group to stick together and be a team.

You melee focused tanks should hold down a choke point and soak up damage while your mage types nuke the enemies in the back and your long distance types also whittle down the crowd.

Balance in a party system is stupid as it defeats the purpose of having a diverse cast to begin with.

>it has the tacky melee system from L4D2
except the melee is miles ahead of l4d2. l4d2 melee weapons have only minor differences and the same damage. Each melee weapons here have 1 combo (that you must learn how to aim to deal with different situation), 1 strong atk (that differ among weapon classes), different block rating, knockback, damage, hitbox, armor penetration and special traits.

I seriously doubt there will be a save transfer.

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere at all.

Bummer. Maybe I'll grab it on sale in the future

I was talking mostly about certain weapons being worthless for no reason and certain maps having no incentive for playing.

But you really take the bloody cake here with idiocy:
>You melee focused tanks should hold down a choke point and soak up damage while your mage types nuke the enemies in the back and your long distance types also whittle down the crowd.
Have you even fucking played the game? Your character doesn't matter one fucking bit.
A wizard with longsword can be literally invincible from normal rats due to hitting infinite targets.
There is no real system for tanking and every character takes the same amount of hits.
The only difference between characters are their weapons and even then everyone can do everything.

Yeah, anybody claiming the melee mechanic is the same as the L4D melee mechanic can be thoroughly and completely ignored.

It is drastically different and does a much better job. Shield knockback to stun a group so that your mage can fire ball them? Check. Cleaving through a shitload of rats with one strong swing with a big ass blade? Check.

Hell, the melee combat is a major part of the game instead of a desperate move like in most other games of this type.

I'd argue the game still comes down to you being able to hit rats and not get hit. EVERYONE needs to know how to block and dodge, everyone needs to be ready to backpedal with their swords out. Tanks are good when you've got a hides hole, but shit can go south at any second with an ambush of the right special, especially on nightmare and up. The balance is less noticeable the better you get at the game, where it moreso becomes about keeping yourself alive and spotting and fast shoves. Which isn't a bad thing, either.

>Your character doesn't matter one bit

Somebody must really like playing on the easiest difficulty setting. Your character type matters a massive amount on the higher difficult levels.

The game has the best melee in a fps ever. Better than chivalry, imo. It's worth a play for how fucking satisfying almost all the weapons feel.

A dwarf and soldier holding back a swarm of rats at a choke point using melee weapons are going to be significantly better at doing so than a wizard and ranger attempting to do the same thing.

Especially if one of the melee focused fighters has a sword and board to stun the group of enemies while the other using a great weapon so tear up the stunned group.

That said, it is at best a temporary solution because those scurry shits are everywhere all the time and if you head ain't on a swivel they will swarm your ass lickety split.

Who's the most annoying character and why is it Kerillian?

>Elf

Found your problem, user.

Elves are always shit.

One of the things I liked about a table top RPG called Shadow of the Demon Lord (the edigest of edge lord RPGs out there) is how elves aren't even a playable race and are total shitbags in the original book.

Actually I was autistically hooked on the game and played for about 250 hours, most of the time Cata.
100% achievements as well.

Again, there are no fucking roles to the game. Everyone is good at melee and all meta loadouts have special killing ranged weaponry. Everyone does the same shit the same way. (Wizard is slightly different but not much).

No, they fucking aren't. All pushes hit infinite targets and Wizard longsword is a miniature 2hand hammer. Elf S&D hits fast.

Everyone can easily fight off entire hordes of normies without a scratch if you aren't fucking garbage