Why is Final Fantasy XV's combat so shit? It's 90% automated and QTEs...

Why is Final Fantasy XV's combat so shit? It's 90% automated and QTEs. How is this better than a turn based system or full-action like DMC? Seriously, a huge portion of the game is going to be combat and it looks like a fucking trudge to get through.

I'm not saying FFX was great, but it was a strong turning point in the series going completely to shit. We have Lightning to blame for most of it, what a shit character.

>How is this better than a turn based system or full-action like DMC?
The entire focus of DMC is its combat, no shit FFXV will have worse combat for most people. FFXV is 98% a different game, it will also have worse puzzles than Catherine and Portal.

So everything will just be mediocre

No it's going to be aggresively shit, don't get your hopes up

I never had them up past 2013

I get what you're saying, but the game having proper combat actually makes sense. Every time I see this game in trailers or playing the demo, I find myself wondering why the fuck they chose this half-assed auto combat instead of aggressively going after full control action combat. It just looks so messy and boring.

That's what happens when you hand your flagship over to a guy who's made nothing but bad handheld titles.

Except it isn't. It's 99% entirely manual and the only QTE stuff is optional entirely and doesn't work any different than how KH did it's QTEs. It's objectively better than turn based shit, and it's an Action RPG not a hacknslash like DMC.

You don't know fuck all faggot.

Just go to bed xv-kun

Everything has already improved vastly since 2013 in terms of combat so not sure what the fuck you are on about.

No it's already confirmed to be good by everyone who's played the latest builds and it already was good anyway.

It's not auto at all, you have manual control over everything. Are you going to say Smash bros is auto because you can hold down A and the attack keeps going? Because that's the same thing XV does but you can obviously tap to attack which you should be doing in the first place. Nice buzzwords and autism.

Fuck off apologist cunt.

You really need to reply to every bait and shitpost do you?

Nah i'm fine

>waaaah stop responding to people complaining about the game you aren't allowed to call people out on being wrong waah

Fuck off.

Yes, that would actually be the right thing to do. Hide and ignore. You're the only one on Cred Forums that doesn't seem to be able to do that

>It's 99% entirely manual
>It's an Action RPG not a hacknslash
First of all I was using DMC as an example of good action controls, not comparing genres. There's plenty of fucking Action RPGs out there that give you similar combat controls and it works perfectly so I don't know what the fuck you're on about.

Second, the combat being 99% entirely manual is a crock of shit. The QTEs are mandatory to pull off unless you don't give a shit about taking damage. There's some fights where you literally can't do shit until your buddies show up or an animation kicks in. I mean hell, they were still figuring out what to do with the battle system up until a year ago - well into development. One of the most key parts of the game and it's been mostly a thrown together after thought.

I think the combat looks pretty fun.

>it's another thread with faggots nip pick every little thing about an upcoming game and ffdrones can't handle any criticism

Aren't 15 threads a day about this enough, or do we really need 30?

>ib4 waah stop talking about games
Talk about it all you want but at least actually talk about it instead of shit flinging for 300 post.

No it's
>inb4 waahh stop defending shitposters
These threads are beyond help

No that wouldn't because it would just allow them to carry on unchecked, fuck off you apologist cunt.

The only other Action RPG with comparable control to XV is KH, and KH is vastly limited compared to what you can do with Noctis in XV. Second it isn't, it's entirely manual and you have control over what you are doing. There is no mandaroty QTEs, if you are seriously trying to tell me that a button icon showing on screen despite you being able to turn them all off is a QTE then you are a retard, that isn't a QTE but instead an indicator that the action on the button was changed in that instance. KH0.2 dopes the same exact fucking thing too. You are objectively wrong about everything. The base battle system was already nailed down years ago, they have only been making tweaks and balance additions since then. So once again you are full of shit.

Carry on with what? Knowing that you'll reply to them every thread which keeps them going?

>tfw we're in the calm before the storm that is November 30th, and these threads will only get worse

Seeing as FFXV could EASILY be a proper action game, that's a dumb comparison.

FFXV has the potential to be a decent Action RPG, but it flushes it all away.

Carry on without knowing they are wrong, fuck off apologist.

>waah you aren't allowed to say anything to people complaining about the game waaahh leave them alone xvkuuuuuun!?!

>why is witchers bland ass combat popular

>tfw all the shitposting made me want to buy the game
I don't even give a shit about Final Fagtasy. I want to play it.

Maybe there'll be one day when xv-kun has to play the game, then the threads could be good, but then again everyone else would play it too at that time

It doesn't flush anything away, it already is a good Action RPG and the best Action RPG in an open world.

Nah i'm fine, you did this shit for more than a few thousand threads now so i doubt they actually want to know right and wrong and all you stupid waahh greentexts won't make your posts any better

As compared to? You act like it has much competition

And you didn't do your little apologist act a thousand times before?

>It doesn't flush anything away, it already is a good Action RPG and the best Action RPG in an open world.
>Duscae has better combat than any recent build.
>Doesn't flush anything away.

Sure.

Admit it, they fucked up royally.

I'll do whatever you want to call it until your autism stops

>Duscae has better combat than any recent build.
But that's wrong on every single fucking level, the combat has already improved multiple times over what ED had which was already extremely barebones compared to what you could even do in PD. The fuck, are you serious?

ED didn't even have aerial combat, manual weapon switching, magic. It only had a basic combo with the CRV setup, 4 weapon abilities and link attacks with the party. The CRV setup instead of being autoswitch is now manual weapon switching giving you more control and now each weapon has their own C R and V portion of the combo as well as aerial hits and counters for each weapon too, and expanded directional inputs with the weapon abilities moved to there also. Movement was improved, warping was improved, combos were faster, and everything we've seen since then has shown improved combat for speed, input, knockback and impact, as well as party commands added too. It has improved on every single iteration it's ever seen. You know fuck all about anything.

As a Final Fantasy fan with ink to back it up, I will not be spending any money on FFXV, just like I haven't for any FF title released after FFX.

The last true Final Fantasy, both in namesake and play style.

After FFX, we had...
XI
>MMORPG
XII
>ARPG
XIII
>ARPG
XIV
>MMORPG
XV
>ARPG

While every other Final Fantasy in the main series name was a simple turn based RPG, with different battle elements in each, but all played effectively the same.

FFX was the last great Final Fantasy, and it truly ended on a high note with that series, from the story, to the gameplay, to how it was presented for the next generation of consoles. Sure there wasn't an overworld, but we did have a 100% completely traversable world, and a world map to travel with by airship.

I will not play another Final Fantasy game, until they revert back to their old formula. FF7 remake has no interest from me, much like every single FF7 spin off title.

I'm never going to stop, I'm always going to call out shitposters and retards on their autism and anyone who says blatantly wrong shit about the game. But you've just adimtted that you will defend those shitposters and anyone who says anything against XV so you are an apologist fuck.

Then i'll see you again in every thread friendo, keep replying to whatever are shitposts in your eyes
So every post that isn't yours

As a Final Fantasy fan with ink to back it up, I will be spending money on FFXV, and it will be the first FF I spend money on since FF9, the last ATB FF.

FF for the longest time was not turn based, it was ATB based which is time based with a command menu based system, not turn based. Only FF1, 2, 3 and 10 were turn based.

XV has already proven to be the most ambitious FF ever made and one of the most most ambitious games ever, the formula for FF has always been about changing for the sake of change and XV takes that to heart.

I don't get how being an MMORPG makes a game "not Final Fantasy". FFXI is certified, even by the people who created the FF games up until that point, to be the "most Final Fantasy" in terms of style with the most things that appeared in traditional FFs before it in that game. It's literally more Final Fantasy than any other Final Fantasy.

FFXII and FFXIII also play using a similar system to the FF4-9 games-- they're all active time battle, just more in depth. They're still turn based whether you consider it so or not.

And you once again admit to being an apologist cunt.

>a FF game with no classes and class building/Synergy

Pass.

And you once again can't stop replying because of your autism

The problem with the combat is that I still don't understand what the fuck I'm doing. It feels like you're not really in control.

I got the combat in Episode Duscae, but the new Plat Demo combat is fucking weird. It just doesn't "click" with me.

The fucking irony.

You are in control, and everyone who's played it all say it's better than both demos now.

>XII
>>ARPG
>XIII
>>ARPG
Those aren't ARPGs

>I got the combat in Episode Duscae, but the new Plat Demo combat is fucking weird. It just doesn't "click" with me.

Its because ur autistic thats why. PD combat is far superior to ED.

>XD IT DIDN'T CLICK BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PRESS BUTTONS TO PLAY XDDD

I hate you fucking dirty plebian casual

Indeed xv-kun

Please stay in XV threads, you've started leaking.

>xv fanboys

You're one of the biggest fucking hypocrites I've ever seen.

Fuck off, everything he said was true.

I can post wherever the fuck I want.

>PD is superior to ED

Fuck you and kill yourself

It worked for TW3, may as well work for this.

They both have shitty plots too.

I never said it's wrong. But you fucks always overreact, he never said the combat is bad or anything
I can also post wherever the fuck i want :^)

Right back at you

>Cred Forums could be dead before FFXV comes out.

After you, fucking retard.

>No input commands
>No actual air combat without armiger
>can't switch weapons, only skills

Just lmao.

Except the combat in PD is objectively better than EDs barebones combat.

Except he was wrong about EDs combat being better than PD so each shit.

Alright, if it's so obvious then yu don't need to reply

He never said ED is better. Maybe you need to learn to actually read posts before you reply to them in blind rage again

>defending ATB in 2016
Shit aged like milk, at least in FFs. It's boring. Personally I could not get through VIII, IX, or X recently. Meanwhile, Tactics and XII remained enjoyable because of party building. XIII unfortunately just took too long for the battle system to evolve into something rewarding.

>random battles are good and fighting enemies on the map is bad (i.e., "MMO style")
No. Random battles are trash and it's worse when the battles aren't even challenging - then they just become a nuisance. If you're going to have instanced fights, they should at least be not be piss easy and have some sort of gameplay challenge (Eternal Sonata is a good example - there is high risk/reward), otherwise I'd rather just have a button to press to get exp and items every few minutes since it's basically the same thing.

>you shouldn't be trying to engage in discussion with dissenting opinions!?

Just fuck off already.

That other faggot literally said "hurr implying PD is superior to ED. Maybe you should fucking read yourself.

I can post wherever the fuck i want :^)