Why is venasuar the worst gen 1 starter final evolution and why is swampert the best overall starter

Why is venasuar the worst gen 1 starter final evolution and why is swampert the best overall starter.

Because the Big Blue can fuck the other 2 over a table with hydropump and blizzard respectively.

What is thick fat and drought

Because you have shit taste

blastoise is objectively the worst starter gameplay wise

Competitively, the worse is Blastoise nowadays. The best is still Blaziken, although Greninja and Serperior are great.

Designs are subjective so who cares

>swampert is best anything

This is how you spot the retard

Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard
Feraligatr > Meganium = Typhlosion
Swampert > Sceptile > Blaziken
Empoleon = Torterra = Infernape
Emboar > Samurott > Serperior
Chesnaught > Greninja > Delphox

charizard and venusaur are better than serperior if you take megas into account

You were doing so well until gen V

Consider that Venusaur has been more competitively solid than either of them for 6 generations, and I've seen a metric ton more fanart for Venusaur than Blastoise.

Not that I hate Blastoise and Charizard, but basically that image is retarded

>oh no he's talking about video games in Cred Forumsideo games
fuck off

Charizard would probably see a lot more play if it didn't get fucked by rocks

Ivysaur is the best. Too bad it doesn't have an evolution

>he chose Sceptile as his starter

No, YOU, fuck off. There's a board for this, stop shitting up Cred Forums with your faggotry.

Swap Charizard and Blastoise
Reverse Gen 5 and 6

With that logic Charizard can fuck them both up with Fire Blast and Solarbeam. Hell, he gets Thunderpunch as a tutor move. Blizzard isn't even SE you idiot.

blizzard is for venusaur obviously

and neither fire nor ice does a lot to him anymore thanks to his mega

>threads upon threads with people talking about a single game.
>one pokemon thread about shitting on your favorite starter and fags start shitting themselves about muh Don't be upset because your favorite starter is shit tier

He said respectively.
Furthermore, with megas in account, Zard-X is neutral to water, while Zard-Y loses a bit due to drought.

swampert wasnt in gen 1 you dumb faggot

>overall

I always loved Ivysaur and hated Venusaur.

Meme megas don't count

I didn't really like Venusaur until X and Y
His mega evolution is GOAT

Better question: why is this thread on Cred Forums?

Why is luchalitten better than all starters combined?

Well Blaziken is ugly as fuck

Have fun fighting Brock and Misty, faget.

>Not liking Chicken Bruce Lee

This is a nice thread and all, but really though
>2016
>being an adult
>still using the crutches that are starters
its like you guys dont even box them at the second town and pick a new "starter"

>liking an anthro chicken
You can like it all you want, its still an abomination in my eyes.

>sacrificing late game for early game
we have a pleb over here

So I take it you clearly like the tank starters over the non-tank?

But Blastoise is the tank of gen 1

>serperior not the best gen 5
It's decently speedy AND has contrary and leaf storm.

It's basically a win button unless your opponent has a dedicated counter.

The best starter is Totodile

This isn't a discussion

Post Totodile

They just are, OP

In gen 1 there are better fire pokemon and better water pokemon, but venusaur is best grass (victreebel is close second)

Perfect tastes there, user.

Agreed

Venasaur is one of the best all time grass types in general and is better than swampert

What's New Pussycat

woooaoooaooooh

Doesn't really matter when grass is a shit type

Sorry, but I just can't like Swampert. It looks so ugly and hideous to me. I do agree that Venusaur is the worst Gen 1 starter though.

>he doesn't like the awesome dinosaur that can grow scythes out of its arms
This is how to spot a plebeian with no taste.

Charizard > Blastoise > Venusaur
Typhlosion > Feraligatr > Meganium
Sceptile > Blaziken > Swampert
Torterra > Infernape > Empoleon
Samurott > Emboar > Serperior
Delphox > Greninja > Chesnaught

Wasn't venusaur stomping the ground in that intro? Using earthquake I assume.

>1
Correct
>2
Fuck you, Typhlosion is the best
>3
4x weakness, kek. Blaziken is best
>4
Empoleon is miles ahead of all of them. Infernape, then Torterra
>5
Samurott is the best
>6
Who cares?

The threads still here. Your whining did nothing. Does it frustrate you?

Having bred out a perfect HP Fire HA Venusuaur from hacked parents, I can tell you that Venusaur is the best of the starters in Gen V. Charizard takes the title in Gen VI due to the megas, but none of the three are truly bad.

>4x weakness, kek
You do realize nearly ever pseudo legendary has that right

>4x weaknesses mean a pokemon is bad

Finally someone with patrician taste on this thread.

Typhlosion = Feraligatr >>>>>>>> Meganium

Pokemon is fucking autism, get out while you can

Pseudo legendaries also have god tier stats to carry their weakness. Starters do not.
The ONLY pokemon in the ENTIRE game that has a 4x weakeness to fighting and is good is Tyranitar.

>edgelord retards on Cred Forums: charizard
>meme casuals in IT sales/marketing: blastoise
>successful intellectuals in math/science: venusaur

>Arguing about starters
>When I have the definitive list of best pokemon, in order, right here

Weavile says hi

Weavile is terrible.

>MY EDGE IS DEEPER THEN YOUR INSULTS
KEK

>Swampert best anything
>when it has the ugliest Mega design
>when it was the only Hoenn starter to not get into Pokken

Blastoise > the other two
Feraligatr > the other two
lol didn't play
Torterra > the other two
vomit
Greninja > the other two

>If you ain't first you're last

>implying starters don't have way above average stats
Pseudos are pretty fucking strong, but don't act like starters have poor or even average stats

>4x weakness means bad

OP you have the best taste on this board. Swapert is literally perfect.
I've never used that ugly shit Venusaur, and I've played Gen 1 and the remake dozens of times. I haven't even taken one from the in game gift Pokemon.

>implying starers have stats even remotely comparable to pseudo motherfucking legendaries
Starts are above average but they're not literal top tier, and so if they have 4x weaknesses they're shit

by that logic, pseudos suck dick because they have much worse base stats than legendaries
pseudos are shit

Honestly what the hell is the appeal of Venusaur? You have a dragon and a giant turtle with cannons and then there is this dog (lizard?) thing with a huge flower.

I love how you call Venusaur ugly but praise Swampert who's even uglier. Irony at its finest.

Abilities, stat distribution, move pools, typing - all of this can completely mitigate a 4x weakness. You're talking out your butt.

'I'm 13 and I like edgy stuff' opinion.

That is some of the most awful taste I've ever seen

He's a dinosaur.
H-herbivores can be cool too.

>actually make a good looking started for once
>HELL NO LETS RUIN EVERYTHING BY GOING FULL ANTHROPOMORPHIC ONCE AGAIN
mad

Silly user, dinosaurs looks like birds.

Meganium > Typhlosion > Feraligatr
Swampert > Blaziken > Sceptile
Torterra > Empoleon > Infernape
Serperior > Emboar > Samurott
Popplio > Litten > Rowlet

Split evolution starters is basically confirmed at this point. Expect to have two options for Litten.

On gen 3's release, Sceptile was the best starter simply because of how shittily the game handles atk/sp.atk
All moves of any type were pre-determined to be physical or special
ie all fighting moves are physical, and all fire, water, and grass moves are special
Blaziken has higher atk than sp. atk, making his fire type moves worse
Swampert has higher atk than sp. atk as well, making his water type moves worse
Sceptile has higher sp. atk than atk, which fits his grass typing better than any other gen 3 starter's typings do
I know that Blaziken and Swampert both get physical types (fighting and ground) but their primary typing doesn't fit them well at all

Are you comparing a disgusting fat toad with pimples to this? really?

luchalitten saved litten., literally my moms cat into TIGER MASK

I bet you wanted a generic tiger

>Are you comparing a disgusting fat toad with pimples to this disgusting fat toad with traffic cones on its face? Really?

Confirmed by retards that can't let go of their quadrupedal fantasies. Therens absolutely no evidence for this, except a mistranslation from a japanese kids magazine. Please don't spread misinformation.

>swampert
>toad
I bet you felt clever there. Don't worry, enjoy your beautiful perfect waifu Venusaur, this is my last (You). Do not reply to my posts ever again, you little shit

No, confirmed by Rockruff "sharing a secret with the starters" you retard.

Learn Japanese first before you attemp to translate anything, senpai. Stop spreading misinformation and getting other people's hopes up

see

if anything, Swampert looks more like a frog/toad than Venusaur. He lives in the water, has long fingers, and has back legs somewhat similar to a frog's
Venusaur is just a fat dinosaur thing with four knees. And you have to be a retard to think a toad has four knees

Yeah so please tell us the actual translation.

Oh wait, you won't, because you've got nothing to disprove the split evos.

What did he mean by this?

>Fennekin a cute, wonder what it evolves into (hadn't spoiled myself on the game at all)

>Braixen goes anthro but still a cute, love that it pulls the stick from it's tail to use some moves

>fucking delphox

I reset so I could go back to braixen and kept it that way. I refuse to believe there's a single human being on this earth that likes delphox.

Delphox is great, it just has a really stiff looking model.

all megas should be in shit tier

This "shared secret" could be anything. Most likely it will be an exclusive Z-move if I had to guess. Getting split starter evos is highly unlikely since only one trio of starters leaked.

I wasn't even the guy you originally replied to. I like Swampert too, but you're delusional.

>Getting split starter evos is highly unlikely since only one trio of starters leaked.
The chinese leaks that mentioned Rockruff evolving into a werewolf had no mention of his split evo. I wouldn't discount it just because it doesn't explicitly go into detail about it. Remember, we still have no info regarding megas at this point.

>new mechanics don't count
spotted the genwunner

Weavile
Bisharp

Pretty good.

Putting aside megas (since everyone uses fug and Kanga anyway) isn't Venusaur the most useful out of the gen 1 starters in pvp battles?

>taking a picture of your art with pencils in the frame

when will these shitty meme die

replace this list with your autism certificate and I'll give you another (You)

THIS
Litten was garbage before he became a WWE star.

>On gen 3's release, Sceptile was the best starter simply because of how shittily the game handles atk/sp.atk
Hell no unless you mean in game only. Competitive wise, Swampert was the best one in gen 3 since it had a really good typing and checked a lot of threats and had a nice Curse set to boot. Blaziken was the second best starter because it destroyed the hugely popular SkarBliss core. Sceptile while not bad was just not as good as the other two.

Eventually in the following gens Blaziken overtook Swampert as the most viable gen3 starter but Sceptile remained more or less the same.

If a leaker knew about a second set of starters, I'm positive he would have said something about them since this is one of the biggest change in the formula besides the absence of gyms. Never said that it is disproven, its just highly unlikely that a leaker would only leak one set of starters. Megas are confirmed by merchandise in pic related and a V-Jump article describing Jangmo-o blocking Mega Gardevoirs Hyper Voice with Soundproof.

On my latest X playthrough I had to box Braixen because I couldn't stand to let it evolve into ugly ass Delphox, but its unevolved stats were shit.

>If a leaker knew about a second set of starters, I'm positive he would have said something about them since this is one of the biggest change in the formula besides the absence of gyms.
Unless, like with Rockruff, he was limited by only knowing info about a specific version.

Millennials don't know Tiger Mask.

as an avid faggot doll collector, I feel it's my job to report that when these figures came out, venusaur is the only one that depreciated in value on the secondary market

people will say they like it to be hipsters since it's the least popular but don't believe them deep down they wish it was something else

I was just looking for this image. Thanks user.

I always chose it because Bulbasaur was no. 1 and that equated to being the best in my child brain when I played back then

>Anime concept art just for version exclusives of one version

Swampert has the ugliest Starter design thus far. Mudkip was kind of cute. Swampert was beaten by the ugly stick.

They don't give Ash all the starters anymore dawg

Cyndaquil is the cutest first stage and I will fight yuo

>not realizing Venasaur is launching deadly poisonous microscopic spores into the air

How much of a pleb can you even be

Why are people getting excited for YET ANOTHER fire/fighting starter
It was fun the first two times, but 4 overall? Why?

>Venusaur not using solar beam

y tho

Is this bullshit confirmed?

>could have been a cool fire persian
>is shit
why

Ash is not the only trainer in the anime, if its a major feature, both are going to appear in the anime.

QUICK Cred Forums

YOU CAN ONLY PICK O N E STARTER POKÉMON TO USE FOREVER.

WHICH ONE WOULD BE?

Thank good its not a fire Persian, Persian looks like ass and is the worst cat competitevely, only topped by Delcatty.

Fire/Steel
Fire/Fairy
Fire/Ice

All could have been interesting, really.

Bulbasaur for the cuddles and to water every morning.

It's a good type

Probably dark anyway

I dont care what type it is if it looks cool.

It isn't fire/fighting though.

Contrary Serperior
I don't need even minor skill when using it like Greninja and Blaziken, all I need to do is press the "kill" button and hope it works.

>cool fire persian

Thank god you don't design pokemon. A heel wrestler is way more creative, expressive,and fun than a generic fire cat.

Chikorita, my main nigga

Venusaur > Charizard > Blastoise
Meganium > Feraligatr > Typhlosion
Sceptile > Blaziken = Swampert
Serperior > Samurott > Emboar
Chesnaught = Greninja > Delphox

fuck off kike

This, Serperior is hands down my favorite monograss type and who doesn't want a gigantic fucking snake? Leaf Storm, HP Fire, Dragon Pulse, Glare - Nigga you good.

Venusaur

>Sceptile and Chesnaught
>better than anything

>this list
fucking gross

I want to believe that it will be fire/dark but the champion belt thing it has worries me

>you will never have a cute pokemon like Bulbasuar or Cyndaquil for a pet
>you never have the pleasure of feeding it and hugging it not giving a shit about battling just being best buds and shit
>you will never walk around town where no one drives cars and socialize with people, bragging about your awesome poke-pet
>girls will never come to your place after telling you that your pet is so cute
>you won't get laid because of your cute poke-pet
>your best friend won't give you a smile after seeing you get some action
>Your mom won't call you telling you that she spent some of your money on dolls after you just fucked some chick

Why live, Cred Forums?

>grass type bias

Chesnaught is actually pretty solid though. Bulletproof is a good ability.

All that this boils down to me is "I wanna get laid" or something.

Man, i just wanna walk around with a Bulbasaur through the country. Maybe we'll battle sometimes, maybe we'll lose because its stats suck, who gives a shit. Just pull an Ash and recall it saying " Thanks. You did your best, Bulbasaur" and go dive into a local lake for some bottom sediment since it's great nourishment for your Bulbapal.

not him but man, chesnaught would be much better with a different head. Nevermind the arms, the look cool when they morph into the shield, but fuck does his head look dumb.
But yeah, in terms of usability ches is ok, better than Delphox.

>grasscuck
Get out you hippie kike

You could always evolve it and ride on his back. That would be cool to do.

kek, that's not the response I was aiming for.... maybe I should have used that greentext on /r9k/.

I think his normal appearance is ugly but his shiny looks pretty great. Does wonders for the design.

>using a mega slot on venasaur
>using mega zard for anything other than drought

>why is swampert the best overall starter.
mah nigga.

Go fap to your charizard trading card, cuckboi

>Vensaur with Leech Seed and Toxic in Gen 1
>Bad
Pick one.

I'll agree with you there. My friend gave me a shiny chespin before I left for uni and it looks much better.

It would make for an easier time carrying luggage if nothing else.

I just had a retarded idea;

What if Gamefreak on the next game referenced other Nintendo games by making starters based on other Nintendo stars like;

A Grass/Steel pokemon based on Link, like he's a pokemon that is like a weasel or something with a metal sword and shield. Shiny makes him look like Dark Link.

A Fire/Flying pokemon based on Mario. It's like a mouse or something and he has a lot of jumping based attacks. Shiny is Luigi colors.

Water/Fighting or maybe Dark pokemon based on Samus.

more like gayer than all starters combined

No.

Nintendo hates youtuber coverage, so an attempt to alienate consumers for the fake gamer girl pokemon league is a terrible move.

WHY DID THEY NEVER GIVE BLASTOISE STEEL? HE HAS MORE STEEL ON HIM THAN FUCKING LUCARIO!

>I just had a retarded idea
At least you're aware.

lol, Nintendo's been making terrible moves left and right. But I get where you're coming from though.

The idea of them running out of ideas and having to do shit like that would be hilarious.

Smugleaf a best

>Why is venasuar the worst gen 1 starter final evolution
But that's completely and utterly wrong

The audience of thriteen year old children would stop watching the content and start looking at tits within seconds so it would be fucking funny. The more corrupt shitty companies die off due to pandering the better. That said i hope for the sake of a friend that Gamefreak lasts at least another generation before that.

>Pokemon starts tanking
>Oh fuck guys, what do we do?
>I KNOW, LET'S MAKE POKEMON BASED ON YOUTUBE CELEBS!!!
>HERE'S OUR NEW ELECTRIC MOUSE PEWDIECHU!!!

>Implying the stall king Venusaur doesn't blow the fuck out of Blastoise.

One super effective move doesn't mean shit.

>Gen 1
>Gen 2
Feraligatr > Typhlosion > Meganium
>Gen 3
Swampert > Sceptile > Blaziken
>Gen 4
Torterra > Empoleon > Infernape
>Gen 5
Samurott > Serperior > Emboar
>Gen 6
Haven't played, so purely design-wise:
Greninja > Delphox > Chesnaught
>Gen 7
Design-wise if the leak turns out to be true:
Rowlet3 > Popplio3 > Litten3

>around the same time critics announce that pokemon are a hate symbol for x supremacy

This meme world. It has gone too far.

Switch Swampert and Blaziken and Samurott and Serperior and it's perfect.

>Oh no, Hiroshi, Pokemon is STILL TANKING
>I KNOW!! LET'S MAKE POKEMON POLITICAL!! KIDS LIKE THAT NOW, DON'T THEY?
>Pokemon is now about a black kid fighting Team 88, an organization that uses Pokemon for genocide of blacks, Jews, and Mexicans
>Donald Trump is the champion of the elite four

Are you literally gay?

I liked Chikorita

>implying zard x isn't one of the best megas in the game
>implying m-venu isn't one of the best walls in the game
Immunity to toxic and most forms of sleep is a godsend.

>Venasaur
>Bad
Kill yourself
>Swampert
>Good
KILL YOURSELF

>playing singles

Blastoise > Charizard > Venusaur
Typhlosion = Feraligatr > Meganium
Sceptile > Swampert > Blaziken
Empoleon > Torterra > Infernape
Emboar > Serperior > Samurott
Greninja >Chesnaught > Delphox

>using either serperior or blaziken in doubles

Yes, by far.

>not playing the game the way its traditionally been done
Doubles and so on are gimmick formats

Typhlosion = Feraligatr > shit > Meganium
Sceptile > Blaziken > Swampert
Empoleon > Torterra > Infernape
Serperior > Emboar > Samurott
Braixen > Greninja > Delphox > Chesnaught

Blastoise > Venasaur > Charizard
feraligatr > Typhlosion > Meganium
Sceptile > Swampert > Blaziken
Emboar > Serperior > Samurott
Chesnaught > Greninja > Delphox

the clefairy win was really good though

>Swampert

That's a weird way of spelling Sceptile,

please remove that shit taste of yours from the earth and then follow it

thanks

This is why I stick to random 3s. People actually use their favorite mons, and the worst you run into is kids thinking 6 legendaries are gonna automatically win the game.

Ranked is full of try hard shit like this or minimize/double team sleep teams.

RIIIIIDE THAT SURF!!!!

>I'm angry at the world cause I will never get laid

Tanks doc

I'd kill for this, but it's literally not happening

I mean if you are not even going to hide that you're trolling what's the point?

We have. A v jump magazine scan featuring the new baby dragon says it's soundproof ability makes it immune to mega Gardevoir

>Venonat is such a qt i want it on my team
>Their stats are so shit even OP moves like psychic make no difference

thank mr venogn8.

Well with megas Blastoise fucks X with Dragon Pulse

venonate?
not venon@?

Tiger the dark is objectively the best of the new starters.

I liked Frogs as a kid.

He looks like a big mushy frog with a neat flower on his back.

It's like, being ugly is also a cool part of a design. That's why Pugs sell. Pugs are ugly as fuck but that's why people like them. It loops back around to cute at a certain point.

>4x weakness

That's also his only weakness if you're gonna bring that up.

KING OF THE WILD WILD WILD

He's not Venusaur was outright the best starter and the only one who was competitively viable in Gen1

gen 3 had the best starters

Grovyle is one of the few times the mid-form looks better than the final form.

Why did Sceptile have to be bald?

>not liking Sun Wukong the fiery shit slinger

>Top 3 competitive starter for 6 gems straight. Only got better with Gen 5/6 mechanics
>sweeps 4/8 gyms and makes 2 more helpless in Gen 1
>Best shiny starter
>it's a fucking dinosaur

Fucking babies

>>
What are you doing?

Instead we got another generic fire fighting starter you fuck

>rock gym
>water gym
>electric gym
Because picking Bulbasaur makes the beginning of the game easy mode

Because you have irreparably shit taste

>3 of the last 4 generations have had fire/fighting starters, with the next one likely having another.
I don't understand. No other starters have ever repeated typing, barring monotypes.

>OP moves like psychic
Are you still stuck in gen1, user?

Charizard > Blastoise > Venosaur
Correct
Correct
Correct
Delphox=Greninja >>>>> Chesnaught

>didn't play gen V
you are a lucky man user. Gen V was cancer

Holy shit it's that frog book

>Gen V was cancer
Look at this fag and laugh

This is wrong on so many levels holy fuck

>Gen V was cancer
>but Gen VI was somehow ok

Everything was literally perfect until Gen 6

Delphox is shit and everyone who likes it is shit

black and white 2 is the best pokemon game though.

I liked the roller skates man, and France. Sue me

The only good thing to come out of Gen V is Volcorona. Best fire moth I've ever seen, and a great sweeper too.

Really? I was so turned off by Black and White that I never bothered to play the sequels. Maybe I'll give em a whirl

>Venusaur
>the worst Gen 1 starter

This

>Grovyle is one of the few times the mid-form looks better than the final form.
But that's just flat out wrong. Sceptile is a straight upgrade, and you'd have to be crazy to use a weak NFE in place of a Pokémon that has Mega Evolution.

Agree 100%

Don't mind me, I'm just the most popular starter and pokémon in the world.

If were talking the actual Gen one games then the Toxic/leech seed glitch makes Venusaur the strongest by far

Black and white 2 is luckily an actual fresher game with far more options, as well as a new story setting and areas you need to go through. Its a unique game all in itself for a sequel, not just like Emerald which is the same as Ruby/Sapphire, but with Rayquaza included into the story.

I think you mean second most popular starter and pokemon in the world.

Only one of these two is going to get ditched when Ash goes to Alola.

I'll never forgive him for not learning waterfall in his debut games.... u can't reach victory road without waterfall so I actually had to bench one of my guys to make room for a useful watertype

Why can't you fucking pokéfags stay in your containment board? It can't be THAT bad.

... Can it?

only because it's forced as shit, especially in the anime
everyone will forget about it when SM comes out and robinhoot replaces it

I'm amazed that the Johto starters still have devoted fans. GameFreak doesn't even seem to care about them anymore.

Treecko line had a shit tier learnset tho. Only STAB move of value it learns on its own in Gen 3 is leaf blade. Not quite Chikorita tier but it's almost there.

Blastoise > Charizard > Venusaur
Typhlosion > Feraligatr > Meganium
Blaziken > Sceptile > Torterra
Infernape > Empoleon > Torterra
Greninja = Delphox > Chesnaught

Zard Y's massive special stat + Drought lets it roast Blastoise with Solar Beam

It's not unusual.

Sheer Force Feraligatr is a miracle

>Typholsion before Feraligator
>Anything before Swampert

Greninja > Chesnaught but I like your gumption so I'll let it slide.

Venusaur is the best but you tried so I'll give you that much

What the fuck was the point of giving Sceptile Lightning Rod?

Double battles?

And why did they give Swampert Damp as its HA and Swift Swim as the Mega ability? I think they just wanted Blaziken to be the strongest of the Hoenn starters.

Doubles Shenanigans. Sceptile's biggest flaw is no way to boost his own SpA, so pair it up with something that spams Discharge, like Thundurus.
Damp is shit but Swift Swim is great for Rain teams, which again, shine in doubles.

Thanks doc

なかなか なかなか なかなか なかなか