The writer is from Lost Planet 3, a game that everyone agree has a great story...

The writer is from Lost Planet 3, a game that everyone agree has a great story, and this new God of War is going to follow Kratos and his son.

I think this is will be fucking great.

Kratos teaching his son about honor, about family, about life, and hunting, killing, fighting. It's going to be a pure father and son story, full of testosterone and man values, there will be nothing SJW in here that so many games have these days.

Its going to be about a father and son fucking shit up in a hostile environment and becoming closer.

I don't know, may be because I have soft spot for father and son stories, but I think this will be fucking A.

his son or his wife's son?

His and his wife's son, a man can't have children by himself

I don't care about SJW shit when the game's still fun.
This doesn't look fun.

I thought Lost Planet 3 was shit
Is it...
>Fun?

What a nice guy to adopt.

How the fuck did he have a son? Is there something I missed in the storyline?

Why is it just called God of War when they fucking said it continues the storyline? I hate shit like this.

The gameplay they showed looked like absolute shit, so the story would need to be the one of the greatest ever, to even consider playing through it. Unless you don't care about gameplay, which is getting more and more common, for some fucking reason.

I still can't imagine Kratos as the kind of guy who has a fucking child after having murdered his own and destroying the entire Greek pantheon in order to seek revenge.

He'll fuck women and get his dick wet, but I doubt he would have ever had another kid or wife seeing as he bears THEIR FUCKING ASHES on his SKIN.

Destroying pantheon after pantheon is cool but introducing a kid like that just doesn't seem right.

If it's his then that's fucking dumb. If it's not then it feels like cuck-shit.

dont care. it does not look like it plays like GoW. does not even have the same level of violence. i dont give a fuck about some father/son story in a GoW game. i want to murder mythological things in extremely violent ways.
he is the greek god of war still. hell the only greek god.
yes what happened between 3 and this game.

>Lost Planet 3

Into the trash.

>a game that everyone agree has a great story

So from what I saw in the trailer a few months ago, its an open world game (it said "location discovered at one point) with RPG elements (it said archery increased in the corner). Not my favorite changes, but whatever. It brings me to a more interesting idea:

The archery bar increased when someone got shot, but Kratos is a master of combat. I doubt he's learning shit, unless he lost all memories and powers after killing everyone on Olympus. That means the kid is the one learning skills, so you'll be training him the whole game. Why do I get the feeling they're gonna pull a Red Dead Redemption on us at the end, kill Kratos and have his son be the MC of the next game?

If all it has going for it is the story, I may as well just watch it.

You either commit by going full VN/Point-and-Click or you make a good game. If you want a movie, make a movie.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the plot after God of War 2 and I have no strong opinion one way or the other about the kid, all these "muh wife sons" underage memers need to fuck because saying a joke over and over doesn't make it any funnier.

My problem is the gameplay we saw was slow, dull and tedious. Trailers and gamplay footage are meant to show how the overall product would be but as of now what I've seen is terrible.

Are you sure Kratos will teach him about family? or will the Son teach HIM about family?

Bet you didn't think about that huh?

Also we need to know the kids name already I'm sick of referring to him as "the son"

this game looks so fucking deriviative its not even funny
its as if they thought to themselves: what is cool right now? and then just took ALL of it and put it into their game

This, its soulless. Even DmC was still an action game.

It is odin.

I seriously do not know how anyone can be excited for this game. God of War was already a shallow action game series but at least it was far above this type of forced "narrative" bullshit. Even complete with the fucking dumb child companion for forced "muh feels".

Ever notice that every God of War thread is full of DMC fans?

>God of War was already a shallow action game series
Lol ok

I hope they fix the dogshit combat from the trailer, good lord that was bad

that kid stupid haircut though,fuck that

Let me save you some time. The kid is Loki fucking with Kratos. Any son he might have had is dead. In the end Kratos finds out that Odin told Loki to do it. Cliffhanger.

Just saved you 10 hours of walking and listening to them talk with the rare fight now and then.

The Last of Gods™

The writer is from Lost Planet 3, a game that everyone agree has a great story

A game everybody hated that tried to rip off dead space?

It was friend, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy them but don't kid yourself.

It's not fun, it's actually pretty dull game, but there is something about the world, aesthetic, and writing that's comfy.

It's not amazing writing, but it's decent.

>Lost Planet 3
That came out?

Any Hack n Slash game thread is full of them

The God of War games were cool but were just the kind of games you would beat in a weekend and kinda forget about it.

Which is why I welcome the change. Need to see more combat though

>a man can't have children by himself
Yes he can

Because calling it 4 would be factually incorrect.

The story might be good but the gameplay looks like shit, it looks like they completely removed anything that made it a hack and slash to try and attract the Souls audience.

How so? There are only 3 numbered titles in the series.

>DmC Reboot
>Fans BTFO

>GOW Reboot
>Fans super excited!

I guess GOW was never about the combat, just the story. I haven't seen a single person complain about GOW becoming the next TLOU adventure game.

no one is excited about this turd

I am.

>>Fans super excited!
Press might be super excited because "uuu, cinematic", but I doubt that many people will like it/defend it when it comes out. It'll be used for metacritic shitposting.

>DMC is dead and only a small amount of people are sad about it
>God Of War is still alive and people are excited about the next one

Really makes you think....

Who cares, I liked irredeemable asshole hate machine Kratos.

>a father-son bonding story starring the guy who dedicated himself to committing patricide
I guess whoever pitched the idea didn't even play GoW3

>turning a game based around brutal ultraviolence and mythical slaying into a father/son bonding simulator

What do you think, Jackass?

Obviously he started a new life and this is years into it when his son becomes of age. And it's already clear he's supposed to be a Replacement Protagonist for Kratos once everything's over in this game.

Just because everybody on Cred Forums discovered what Cuckolding meant all at once doesn't mean the Devs are catering to this bullshit.

if by fans you mean Ign.com, then ok.
If by fans you mean some guy at home with all the games in his collection, then probably not

This. Imagine Kazuya from Tekken being close with Jin after killing Heihachi, it'd be retarded.

Devil may cry fans on insecurity watch

sounds like it might actually be a good game now

I imagine it would be a nice happy moment for all of 10 seconds before Kazuya deicdes to axe kick Jin in the back of the head.
Then Lee would show up to bitch about Kazuya being the favorite son.

>gameplay looks like scripted, shallow garbage
>but it sticks it to the ess jay dubyas so it's cool

If Devil may cry is good then how come it's dead?

Explain that Cred Forums

Because Capcom is full of idiots

You think the kid is going to stay alive for long? He's going to die before middle-half of the game so Kratos can scream revenge and kill everything.

>DmC: Devil May Cry was God of War tier
>GoW: God of War will be new levels of shit
Pottery

People were bored of GOW before this game

It might not even last that long.
It could be as shitty as Last of Us and have his kid die in the first 10 minutes.

>Game is called Devil may cry
>Fanbase is always crying

It's like pottery lads

>It could be as shitty as Last of Us and have his kid die in the first 10 minutes.
Why was that bad?

Nigga, it's all about context. Kratos is starting a new life in a new place. The son probably doesn't know his dad's history.
Not even other user, I don't necessarily think it makes for great thematics but you can't discredit it like that.

Are you serious? E3 footage is fake. It's blatantly 100% fake even when they say it's not.
Maybe the game will have shit gameplay, but it's won't have the shit gameplay in the trailer.

But the kid is obviously just like the stupid girl in the God of War 3. Some stupid excuse for Kratos to go and rage and destroy everything and everyone. I'll be surprised if the kid lasts an hour in the gameplay time.

Because it has no real emotion. We don't know shit about Joel's kid. She's there for 10 minutes, and her whole purpose is to die so we can have Joel be the gruff angry man.
It's a waste of a character.

>It's blatantly 100% fake even when they say it's not.

>camera rammed all the way up the characters ass
>over-the-shoulder view
>***CINEMATIC*** moments where you just walk from point A to B

>It's a waste of a character.
How is it a "waste"? You even wrote in this post that she's there to set up Joel's character and give him a backstory.

The difference between DMC fans and GOW fans is that one fanbase actually has a game to look forward to

It's been awhile since I've seen this image, good times.

I have a theory that this place will complain about any game in any circumstances whatsoever. In fact, i have never seen a thread dedicated to point out positive aspects of a game. Why are you all bitter like this? It's such a shallow bullshit
> Gameplay shows kratos and son
Despite the fact that he killed his daughter by accident, you know kratos always loved his family almost too much. Coliape in chains of Olympus gives a sight of it. Hell, he let guilty consume him because of it. It's not a surorthat given the right circumstances, kratos would be a nurturing father. Specially for a boy.
> Gameplay is boring
It's a 5 minute gameplay that shows him killing 3 creatures in a similar way from the previous games. Lots of visuals and violence, the difference is basically the camera angle more focused on proximity rather than field range.
You want more of the same? You want more of gow 1 2 and 3? So go play them. Pkay ascension too, play ghost of Sparta, chains of Olympus. Play it,what are yiu waiting for? Games change, and some of us think it's great that the franchise is trying new things. If anything, it proves the game is more alive than ever.
You are all bitter who can't take change for your life and would rather dismember your own testicles with a kitchen knife than admitting a mistake or saying something positive about life.

why did they make the kid look like a little obnoxious piece of shit, look at his face, he looks like your typical spoiled millennial, and this pussy ass looking kid is supposed to exist in the time of gods and monsters?

why does every triple A dev fuck up this hard now?

>that shows him killing 3 creatures in a similar way from the previous games

> In fact, i have never seen a thread dedicated to point out positive aspects of a game.

Maybe because the third game was an overhyped peace of shit, and E3 is notorious for giving false information? You're one of the retards who immediatly forget about history and blindly trust any scam artist that comes across.

The point I'm making is her whole purpose is not to be her own character. We learn nothing about her, Joel barely even talks about her throughout the game. She's there, dies, and nothing else. Maybe if they had done some flashback scenes or whatever, and we learn shit about her, her death wouldn't seem so forced and shity.
Her death is obvious as shit. There's no tension. It's merely forcing the audience to sit there and count down the seconds until she dies.

>She's there, dies, and nothing else
Yes, because her purpose of showing her death was to further develop Joel's backstory, and again, you acknowledge this. Any more time spent on her would've been a waste, the game's story is about Joel and Ellie, not Joel and Sarah. And what happened with Sarah is an important part of their relationship

I'm the exactly opposite of you. I'm opened to whatever they are preparing for us. I'll play it because i loved their previous games, and only then I'll form my opinion. I'm willing to experience change. You are not. That's the difference between us.

Are we still sticking with the theory that the kid is gonna grow up to be Thor?

All I'm saying is they could have not opened the game with her death. Maybe have it be a scene after seeing Ellie almost die, and it brings the old memory to the surface or something.
Starting out with her dying is a cheap, lazy way to make people sympathize/empathize for Joel.

>Kratos dies
>We play as Thor in the sequels

Reminder that people actually care about God of War and nobody cares about Devil may Cry

>Maybe have it be a scene after seeing Ellie almost die
So have it as a plot twist? What's the point? Why wouldn't it be better to start the game with the knowledge of why he's so withdrawn already?

What is it with gays and armpits?

>plot twist
I don't think you know what a plot twist actually is

Now you're just ignoring the main point of my post for no reason

>Why wouldn't it be better to start the game with the knowledge of why he's so withdrawn already?
Because starting with the kid dying is cheap and lazy. I already pointed that out.

What is it with your dad and my dick?

But it's literally been confirmed that it's not his son but just his wife's son

Don't know about others, i just feel so safe beneath my man's armpit...
These homophobes already deleted my post... Noone would delet it if it was a girl, would they? Double standards much?
Anyway, anyone has had any luck for kratos & son 34?

So moving the "cheap and lazy" part to later in the game would magically fix the issue of that scene being "cheap and lazy". For that we should sacrifice the opening of the game telling us how the apocalypse started and the crucial character development for Joel.

Moving the scene would not fix it, and I never said that. If we learned more about his daughter throughout the game, then see her death, it would mean more. Possibly it might even have some actual emotional weight behind the scene at that point.

I always wanted a game with a sonfu. Instant buy.

Me and my wife's son are going to enjoy this game a lot!

>If we learned more about his daughter throughout the game, then see her death, it would mean more.
And again you're ignoring that I said the point of her death was Joel's character development, and that any more time spent on Sarah would be a waste since the game is about Joel and Ellie. It's not worth There's no point building her up for hours just so her death will get a better reaction out of the player

Me too. Daddy never loved me and now I want to fill the void by raping little boys.

source

>Suddenly story matters more than anything else in a God of War game

This is the future you chose.

Fine, whatever. Just have the kid die without the player knowing anything about her. Hell, go one step above and just have the words "DEAD MEAT" floating in the air where the daughter is supposed to be. It would have the exact same purpose of doing absolutely nothing.
Why have character and actual emotion behind scenes when we can just go right into shit without needing the build up or tension?

>It would have the exact same purpose of doing absolutely nothing.
> and her whole purpose is to die so we can have Joel be the gruff angry man.

I love how out of touch chinese moot is, he thinks people want $w4g
basically pass users are just paying a premium to give up their anonymity, the one thing that makes this site worth using

>poorfag

But gow has always been about the story, PCuck.

My parents died when I was eight. I have a feeling this game is gonna hit home.

>regularfag

I enjoyed it. I think people give it way too much shit for being different but Lost planet has always been a mess of a series that changes the feel of the series every game. But yeah, having the writer of Lost Planet 3 definitely isn't a bad thing.