Is there any games that let me hunt down a killer in a japanese small town?

Is there any games that let me hunt down a killer in a japanese small town?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1EK-7AbLgo
youtube.com/watch?v=fjRUTwcxLI0
youtube.com/watch?v=1VFZFKMGgp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Persona 4
But you already knew that you Jojo fag

Deadly Premonition is probably the closest you'll get.

it's 1920's tokyo rather than a small town but try the Raidou Kuzunoha games

phoenix wright series
time hollow
deadly premonition

Persona 4 stole the plot from DiU though and a lot from JoJo overall

>tfw no DU beat em' up
>tfw no VA character action game
>tfw no SO spiderman ripoff game
>tfw no SBR open world game
>tfw no JJL visual novel

>All these recent JoJo threads on Cred Forums
I rike it

>that new OP
god the beginning is so good.I really like it over the generic shonen last OP.Best one so far for part 4.I really don't think they can top the ED though

I just want a good Jojo fighting game
Asb and EoH were trash

Part 4 is shit
When is the part 5 anime coming out?

Its gets lame as fuck after Kira ignites the explosion. By the end its even reusing episode footage.

Bad OP

soon.The basically confirmed it in the new OP
pic

>The basically confirmed it in the new OP
When?

when koichi appears.There is a sign with DU 1999 and morio's emblem.above it there is one with GW,2001 and a ladybug

READ NIGGAH READ

>Kira gets BTFO by Jotaro in the end of part 4
Why is Josuke such a jobber?
Isn't he supposed to be the protagonist

Persona 4
the fanbase is almost as cancerous as Jojo's so you'll feel right at home

I liked chase but it wasn't something I'd see as a mid DU opening

>reassembled his literally exploding friend in his face
>jotaro punched a guy again.
Jotaro is shit no matter what he does.

can't let a highschooler beat someone to death just beucase of kink shaming.At least DIO was a vampire and Jotaro was meant to be a autistic delinquent so it was ok

I mean, he doesn't get as much time at the forefront because of the big cast of characters

but I still thought his goofiness was enjoyable after enduring Jotaro in SC

>tfw no VA character action game
youtube.com/watch?v=c1EK-7AbLgo

reminds me of the jet set radio style

It's called cel shading you tard

>recent
Newfag

OP may be bad but there was just so much they could do to make a decent OP fit the gimmick
youtube.com/watch?v=fjRUTwcxLI0

>Do I fit in yet guiiizeeee

I dare to dream that we may one day get all of JJBA animated.

not even the guy you're talking to,but
>implying the series didn't got popular with the animation of part 3 and 4 by DP
before that it was just talking about the dreamcast and PSX game and ZA WARUDO XDDDD and WRRYYYYYY XDXD meming

IIRC, DP at least intends on adapting all of it. Even Rohan at the Louvere is confirmed. I see no reason for David Productions to ever stop, except maybe at Part 6.

The ending of part 6 will be great to see animated

especially all the animeonly reactions to it

>Caring about other people's opinions
>Caring if someone is animeonly
Do you watch reaction videos of people watching trailers and anime episodes as well?

The Twilight Syndrome games. Recently discovered them through Danganronpa 2. It's a Suda game. Weird visuals, but captures the classic horror mystery really well.

Araki wanted him to remain pure and have no kills under his belt even if he condemned a serial killer to life as a rock and turned a guy into a book.

I seriously hope they do purple haze feedback.Even more so than Rohan at the Louvere and his other spin offs.
I swear to god,if they fucking pull another part 3 """"THE END"""" at the end of part 6 I'll personally bomb their fucking HQ

I was thinking of my roommate who refuses to read the manga

I thought PHF wasn't canon, but I don't think I've gotten a clear answer.

Yeah, it is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=1VFZFKMGgp4

>Do you watch reaction videos of people watching trailers and anime episodes as well?
No but he probably browses Cred Forums and reads threads there.

I fear for Part 7. The horse race segments need a good budget but the anime won't have it.

Araki really doesn't seem to bother much with whats cannon or not.But I seriously consider it a must read for anyone that finishes part 5.It redeems all the characters and some plot holes.except how KQ works.That shit needs a book just describing it

All Star Battle has him use Purple Haze Distortion, which is from the novel

hopefully in 2037 they will have the technology to achieve to achieve that without the use of cg

>everything ever is a Jojo reference/clone
Jojoponies are just as bad as MLPfags.

with how they improved the visuals of Za Warudo, I can't wait to see what trippy shit they pull out for Epitaph and GER

nigger you don't even need to go so far.Just wait for enigma's fight and you'll be tripping balls

>Just ignore the fact that the way to summon Personas in P3 is explicitly the way that Jotaro first summons his stand, the Persona series has taken no inspiration from Jojo whatsoever

I watched the first 2 seasons and loved them. Does s3 get better? I only watched the first 4 episodes but didn't like it at all.

I wish harmon would come back, it was way more interesting and fun than stands.

Somebody doesn't like Ska...

>the "hamon should come back" post
all we need now is the guy posting jorge joestar events to blow up animefags mind's and we ticked all the boxes to call this a jojo thread

>favorite part was part 2
I wont get hype till I get to see best girl FF

Stands are pretty vanilla for a good part of Stardust Crusaders, but as time goes on they become increasingly more varied and complex, resulting in unique fights.

Wait hang on, my memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been a while I read it but wasn't Josuke the one who beat the crap outta Kira before that ambulance arrived?

>every jojo thread on Cred Forums

by part 4 (or arguably the second half of part 3) the stands get a lot better and more interesting

yeah Josuke fucked him up, then the rest of the crew showed up and stopped Kira from activating Bites the Dust, and then he gets run over by an ambulance

I think you're confusing Joseph and his ruse cruises and ropes with hamon, it's easy to do

he beats him during a long distance fight but when kira tries to use BTD jotaros pumps his shit and he is then run over by the ambulance

Why didn't Joseph use Hermit Purple to ID Kira?

ok I believe you about the stands but how about the characters? I don't like anyone from the main cast so far, whereas season 2 had many memorable and fun characters that were likeable from the start.

Huh that's why I didn't get it gen people said Josuke jobbed the entire time.

I mean I thought he was one of the few pro tags in the series who pulled his own weight and had enough scene time for it as well.

>Caesar
>Likeable
>Memorable
My sides, mate.

>many

you mean Joseph and Stroheim? lol

part 4 has a great cast that gets pretty developed, and in part 3 Polnareff gets to be a pretty fun character, and there's a minor villain named Hol Horse who is a cool dude

In my opinion it doesn't. Part 3 was the worst part for me. But if you liked Part 2 then you'll really like Part 4, so just watch 3 anyways. There are a few nice episodes but it's mostly shit.

>Just ignore the fact that the way to summon Personas in P3 is explicitly the way that Jotaro first summons his stand
>shooting themselves in the head
>referencing jojo
>what is carl jung
>the Persona series has taken no inspiration from Jojo whatsoever
>i don't know what Carl Jung is in any way shape or form
here's a drop of insight for you, the whole concept of shooting yourself in the head is all about confronting your worst fears in dire situations and accepting death when you need to, its explained in the game but i expect nothing less from a jojofag who probably only watched part 3
>that pic
There's a jojo reference in almost all animes. Jojo is extremely popular in Japan.
000000/10 probably retarded.

>Don't like anyone from the main cast but love the characters from part 2
>Joseph is literally in the main cast of part 3

he could do so to DIO's due to their connection to the joestar's lineage.They can't do so to kira.at least that's my headcannon

>Fatlus player on full damage control mode
>refuses to see reason and why Persona took a lot of stuff from JoJo

So you have one instance to one game.

>Stands are named after movies
>Wounds, Bounds and Beyonds
>36 Kars on Mars
>Funny, Funnier and The Funniest Valentine
>Morioh and Passione grow legs and crash into each other
>DIO was fake and Dio was Jesus all along
>Jonathan with Dio/Jesus' body gains a super Hermit Purple known as "The Passion"
>Kira Kira kills Lisa Lisa with the Spin
>Ultimate Dio is a superpowered blob monster

I'll admit, they took maybe like 3 or 4 things from Jojo at best.
Other than that everything else is ripped from Carl Jung's philosophy and books.
Save maybe Persona 4 which was more based around Japan mythology and folklore but the same concepts apply.
Do you just look at videogames and anime and think everyone is ripping off each other?

Which is the best group and why is it the part 8 Higashikata family?

The characters will grow on you, in my opinion. A lot of them have their own quirks that you'll only start to see after half way of the story, so I guess I can see why people will be off putted by it. But it's worth it to read/watch it.

>Now finally I become JoJolion
jesus christ really?

You guys ever notice that Araki is so fucking scatterbrained that he'll forget about whole parts and concepts? I think the only thing really carrying jojo is how cool stands are and araki's skill at writing short stories

But he uses it in the Empress fight to find a barrel of tar.

>being underage
You know JoJo has been around since the 80's right?

>SBR
>open world
>not racing

Yeah Araki can make individual arcs and fights seem fascinating but when trying to craft a large scale story he forgets details and things that could outright break the plot. His short story about a cat on a stranded boat was fucking tense and hilarious to read.

So has my little pony

>Joseph goes to Morioh to use HP to help Josuke and Jotaro
>Almost dies when he arrives
>Never uses it in the entire part
Always found that really funny

they're gonna start dropping like flies once the big bad gets revealed

Part 5 is going to sell extremely well in JP, so maybe we'll get a decent 6 and 7.

I doubt it, that'd be too sad and anyways I feel like this is a part 4 2.0 so max survival rate is probably assured.

I hope SO fucking bad that that sly motherfucker with no eyebrow turns out to be the main villain. Although I feel like it's gonna be flashback man.
By the way.Araka should make gappy just take the name of josefumi.Makes it easier to identify him

Joseph obviously went there to meet his son and girlfriend but then he got too occupied with Shizuka.

Doesn't change the fact that everyone thinks that everything that has a small tinge of referencing to Jojo is a jojoclone/copy.
Most animes carry a jojo reference.
Most jap videogames have small jojo references in them
It's the same on the other side of the world, you'll see references to popular videogames and TV shows all the time.
really makes you think huh

I think the worst thing about this is how he actually can't go back to his old art style anymore. I sill dig his work but goddamn ever since part 7 the same face syndrome been getting worse.

It's really common long standing series, or at least every one I read. Jojo isn't the worst offender though.

The new cartoon is completely different from the line of toys from the 80's.

JoJo is an anime that directly adapts the old manga.

This isn't difficult to understand.

That has nothing to do with MLP.

still haven't read part 5

why does everyone like it so much? premise sounds boring as fuck

>Araka should make gappy just take the name of josefumi.Makes it easier to identify him
Didn't Gappy already say that he recognizes himself as a revived Josefumi in an internal monologue after the vitamin C fight?

>not wanting red dead done dirt cheap

Is your only language English?

How does Norisuke's hair work? Are those balls just decoration or just his hair done up in a weird way?

he calls himself josuke in the last chapter in the hospital

It wouldn't work because most of the manga is set in fast pace racing.
The only times there was a sequence with something that would be considerably open world were the times when they weren't on horseback.

Japan loves it because it was basically part 3 except in Italy. I don't have much love for it apart from some cool fights possibly because I read a mediocre translation that left most characters sounding the same. I might give it a new read someday with the new and improved translation to see if it was just that.

>everyone
Nigga who is this everyone? As far as I know, aside from Japan, people didn't really liked part 5 that much.

no

>time hollow
Why doesn't this game get the love that 999 and Ace Attorney get?

>Yfw Giorno returns in part 9

Would you use Josefumi knowing full well that people might be looking for you?

It's definitely that, I love part 5 up until I got to the last 1/3rd where the new translations aren't out yet, it's a staggering difference.

>yfw Emporio and Rohan return in Part 9

If you can read Italian, French, or Japanese you will probably like it. The old English translations are subpar and the new ones aren't complete yet.

Nah being completely serious Persona is obviously heavily inspired by Jojos, and not even the modern ones

Araki forgot about GER

How would that be possible considering the double world reset that happened in part 6?

>Not reading Part 5 in Italian

What would Part 7 and 8 be called if the JJBA moniker was dropped?

The world is exactly the same though you baka, the only different thing from what happened in the end of part 6 is that part 6 basically never happened, everything else that happened in the previous parts still did in the "reset"

>why does everyone like it?
I haven't heard that opinion too much. It suffers from a pretty bad translation, so it's better appreciated in places that don't speak english.

Hopefully a part 5 anime will help us get a decent translation. Personally, I didn't like it since it was the worst of part 3 (monster of the week shenanigans) with a terrible final fight. Also how the fuck did Abacchio not get a fight. Moody Blues could pull of some clever shit.

>johnny shots himself in the head to awake his act3

try again

Giorno became a untouchable god when he obtained GER

Part 7 originally started without the moniker, it was called Steel Ball Run. Part 8 would need another name since Jojolion is a direct reference to the moniker.

I said this before but I I araki's new style but man do I hate seeing the feet and hands

They freak me out

>jotaro shots himself in the head to awake his stand

try again

It's a lot of people's least favorite part, mine included, what are you talking about?
>Diavolo constantly fucking up
>King Crimson's time erase is poorly explained and is, at best, a sub-par time stop abilitiy
>Golden Experience is horribly overpowered
>Golden Experience Requiem is disgustingly overpowered, holy shit
>Giorno is the blandest JoJo of the bunch by a long shot, not even Jonathan comes close
It's still good, but it's nowhere near as good as the other parts I've read so far. (Just started Stone Ocean)

Cause he didn't have a combat stand? Much like Boingo only reverse

>what are you talking about?
Not him but it's among the most popular parts in Nipland. His question isn't without warrant.

And?

That's what would make it interesting. He'd have to be clever and come up with ways to work around his relatively weak stand.

Alright fellas, opinion time. Post favorite to least favorite part so others can tell you why your a shit

2>7>4>5>6>1>3

Didn't realize nips loved it so much.
4>2>1>3>5

7>4=2>6>3=1>5

the mirror man didn't count? He at least participated

>jojo has inspired nothing in its entire existance
>not realizing people will just endlessly copy unique concepts
>literally just like how there are endless pokemon clones

except instead of the incorrigible trickmeister that everyone actually likes from part 2 he's a jobbing old man who overreacts to everything.

Part 3 is a good part (not as directionless as 1 and doesn't drag as much as 6) but man are the characters a drag. Unless you like Araki's invincible schoolboy self-insert or you're amused by polnareff's constant focus stealing antics there really isn't anything to enjoy in the main group.

hol horse a best though

Your opinion is shit because my opinion and tastes, though similar, dictate otherwise. Given the nature of this board, I am to point out why your order of numbers are inferior to mine. Then another user will point out that my order of numbers is correlated to the release of the anime and as such, I will forever be branded an anime fag.

All joking aside, whatever boats your float my dude.

Ayyy For simplicity's sake, here it is again.

4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 5

And just going by first impressions of the other parts, it'll end up looking like this. I've read like 10 chapters of both SO and SBR, haven't touched JJ yet.

4 > 7 > 2 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 5

you have some top tier taste user

Didn't someone come out and say that aspects of the Persona series were inspired by JoJo?

Boingo's was worthless without a partner, but Moody Blues could do some Joseph-level stuff if it tried. Like repeating an enemy's actions in order to gain a stand rush or something. In the PS2 game, he apparently can store his own moves to be replayed.

7 = 4 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 1 = 5

thematically they are all the same, nujojo is completely comparable to my little pony.

>hol horse a best though
Can't argue with that

>jojo has inspired nothing in its entire existance
except i never said that ;^)
trying to argue who copied who in the case of persona vs jojo is vapid
the only connection each have is because both take concepts for thought forms/personas which stem from mysticism and philosophy

man why the fuck is Cred Forums so obsessed with mlp?

4>7>5>6>2>3>1

>nothing stolen from jojo
>meanwhile literally a guy with a punch ghost he calls a stand and has named it star platinum gets attacked by a blind guy who can control liquids and uses a dog to track him down after he takes out other members of the party.
>jojo inspired nothing ever

The train fight in part 5 is still one of my favorite moments.

muh resolve

>buttmad jojofag mad that he didn't read the thread far enough
kek, you're getting a (you) today.
it's a fresh one that I made from a couple threads ago.

>N'doul vs Jotaro and Iggy.jpg

m8, it's true that the basic concept of Shadows/Personas is from Jung, but you're delusional if you don't think Persona and SMT in general reference/draw inspiration from JoJo a fair deal. It's like denying the Souls series referencing/drawing inspiration from Berserk. I'm pretty sure when Jung talks about personas, he's not talking about summoned thoughtforms that have special powers.

Yes, it's true that they give a Jungian context to act of shooting themselves in the head, but when the Persona series also centers on the Tarot, the Personas themselves essentially behave the same way as Stands, and SMT contains shit like pic related, it seems silly to deny it also being a reference.

Cyborg nazis with guns coming out of their abdomens aren't exactly an archetypal character, even if they should be.

woah I didn't know canned cow drew stroheim

Controversial taste user but I agree entirely.

I don't get part 2 gets so much hate. Joseph is the best jojo and it's probably got the best pacing of the whole series.

It's like Stroheim and Kars rolled into one

>tfw acdc is actually called eisidisi

The argument at hand was just more or less out of the fact that people are saying
>hurr dyrr persona is a rip off of jojo
When it's not, really both just carry the same concepts behind them.
Outside of that, you can't really compare much else.

I can confirm its better.

It's fucking garbage aside from a few great characters, but even then they're still written like shit.

nice, well supported argument user

>jojo part 3 comes out in 1989
>persona 1 comes out in 1996

>i suppose yokai watch is original as well
same goes for brawlhalla and ni-oh

>i cannot wrap my smallbrain around the concept of plagiarization

jesus i like both jojo and persona but you are retarded.

Most of the cast of street fighter heavily borrows character looks from JoJo as well, like Stroheim/Guile

I said more than you did, what the fuck? Try actually arguing next time.

>Entire argument is that the plot of Persona 4 is very fucking similar to Part 4 but someone says "Nuh-uh Persona took nothing from Jojo"
>Write an entire paragraph as to why someone is retarded when they point out that Persona clearly took some inspiration from Jojo, so it's not that far of a stretch to see them taking other things
>Well I'll admit they took some things from Jojo

Let me correct myself. That image is from Maken X, which isn't an SMT game.

But it was made by the same team, so the point is pretty much the same. That being that Kaneko et al. are obviously aware of JJBA and obviously make reference to it.

Not the same guy as , but it literally is a rip-off senpai. That does not mean it's bad. Just that it's not original.

I at least gave examples like "the main character and pacing is good". Plus the whole point I made the post was to ask why it got so much hate.

You basically just said "it's garbage". That does't offer any analysis, it doesn't even answer the question.

>Pokemon clones
SMT came first faggot

That's literally the same fight dingus
The author of that comic read Stardust Crusaders (in French I think), thought it was really cool but would never be translated in English, and made his own version

delusional persona millennials try to pretend their series is worthwhile just because they played the games before the knew about jojo the thread.

Okay, how about Joseph and Stroheim being the only protagonists to do anything of worth? How about Lisa Lisa being the ultimate jobber, who didn't even train Joseph and Caesar? How about Caesar's death being incredibly forced? How about Joseph and Caesar's relationship being bland as fuck, with them interacting only a few times with huge jumps in relationship each time?

Do you really want a fucking analysis as to why Part 2 is shit? Look, I'm fine with you liking the part, but don't act like the hate isn't deserved.

your literally right on this one
now just acknowledge that both pokemon and smt are fucking garbage.

Part 4 will always be my favorite and it's always nice to see other people who like it the best as well.

Great Days is an amazing OP as well, right up there with Bloody Stream.

>Araki's invincible schoolboy self-insert
>lmao

I liked the bromance between Kakyoin and Polnareff.

Shame about Joseph though.

Nobody hates Part 2 except contrarians. Part 2 is the best part and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

>Part 2 is the best part
If best means worst written, I agree.

I thought the fights were pretty damn forgettable, and boiled down to Joseph asspulls every single time

he's a great character but that got to be annoying

>Worst written
>When Part 3 exists which is basically a MOTW Part 1 without there being a reason for DIO to actually care about Jotaro except "lol he gonna kill me"

Ok

Part 2 is third best part, after SBR and Diamond

>Araki self insert
>Jotaro
That's Rohan

Johnny > Josuke > Joseph > Jolyne > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno

Okay, second worst written part.

Araki said that Rohan isn't based off of him and that he's the exact opposite of Araki.

Araki actually doesn't like when people compare him to Rohan
It makes him think people are scared of him

are Japs immortals or something

Araki has confirmed that he's a Hamon user. Hamon is nuts.

He's rejected his humanity

Part 2 is the most overrated part by far. Every fight is an asspull. They're entertaining, but they lack the impact and drama that fights later in the series do. Wham's fights were the only really good fights.

I'd say Battle Tendency has the best aesthetic (style, not artwork), but other than that it's sorely lacking in every other department.

How you can think something so largely mediocre is better than a masterpiece like SBR is worrying. I can only hope you're an animefag talking out of your ass.

In Eyes of Heaven does Jotaro's part 4 costume do anything special like voice lines or is it just straight up a skin?

It gives you a shorter Timestop

Clock Tower

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not but that's pretty funny

Just because the anime caused a ton of fans in the West doesn't stop it from being the most influential manga of all time. 90% of Shonens are based off of Jojo & FoTNS

>I mean I thought he was one of the few pro tags in the series who pulled his own weight and had enough scene time for it as well.
He was, what you have to understand is that most JoJo "fans" only watch the anime and just read the rest in wikis and pull shit out of their asses from there.

>hol horse a best though
I like you.

>masterpiece like SBR
>masterpiece

Is that the only manga you read or somethin? Fuck off pleb.

>pokemon is garbage
sure
>smt is garbage
motherfucker I will come to your house and kill your dog.

my nigga Bloody steam is GOAT

Ironically, I had very low expectations of Part 4, just because I initially thought Josuke's design was awful.
It just kept pleasantly surprisingly me and Kira made it my favorite part.

every JoJo fight is an asspull and to think other wise is retarded

To say that kind of thing to defend Part 2 is retarded.

Characters using their abilities in smart ways =/= an asspull

so I heard somewhere that David Productions might be animating the part 4 one-offs with Rohan

if so, I really hope we get a Purple Haze Feedback adaptation

So you're retarded then.
Got it.

Are you actually going to argue with me, or what?

>Lol I got time stop now *teleports behind u*

>Characters using their abilities in smart ways =/= an asspull
your argument works against you

Okay, that's one fight. Any more?

How? Manga characters can't be smart, now?

Have you heard about "Read the fucking manga"?

I just finished reading part 5. What was Araki thinking with the Sleeping Slaves arc to end it?