This game turns to shit when you arrive in Byrgenwerth

This game turns to shit when you arrive in Byrgenwerth

I'll say after you leave Byrgenwerth, but, yeah it severely drops in quality.

Also I'm really not enjoying the DLC

I stopped right after I beat Amelia. I guess I'll get back into it cuz Halloween and all

Yahar'gul is pretty good even though the respawning enemies are a bitch. Mensis is pretty good too in my opinion.

>not liking the DLC
What's wrong with it?

>this game got too hard for me when you arrive in byrgenwerth

Fixed

>What's wrong with it?
aesthetics and lack of shortcuts

>bloodborne
>youre invincible the whole dodging animation
>hard

nigger you're the most casual motherfucker i have seen the whole week

>bloodborne
>hard

The aesthetics are fucking great though and there are plenty of shortcuts. You're in the first area I assume? The first part can be a bit of a gauntlet, but you can open that big gate for the first shortcut and then once you pass the river of blood there's the next one, quickly after that you'll find the second lamp. I think the progression is really good personally, and aesthetically I thought they handled "showing you the same level" excellently and subverted expectations incredibly well in terms of enemy placement and layout. The nightmare idea is executed perfectly, it really felt like a warped and fucked up version of an already fucked up reality in my opinion.

i liked upper cathedral ward and mensis

So am I awake when I'm fighting bosses and traversing the world, or am I awake at the church where I can talk to the doll and upgrade stuff?

The doll area is a dream world hence the name Hunter's Dream. It isn't necessarily that you go to sleep and enter it, as much as its a separate dimension/reality that you are able to access.

if anything the game gets easier the longer it goes on

Gascoigne is pretty intimidating for such an early boss but after you get through him there's really nothing (in the base game) that rivals him.

>blade of mercy against laurence

After opening the gate, getting to the big shortcut back to the lamp was a fucking slog

First you have to run all the way up, have to wait for the fiery boulder, then you have to run by the shitty ass automatic turrets, have to make another stop for the hunter to clear the door so you can enter the house with the explosives before you reach the blood swamp.

From there you literally have 4 directions to go to 2 of them with tough-ish enemies and one leading further on in the area. If you're not lucky settling on the proper direction on your first or second attempt it gets really, really tiring quickly.

>If you're not lucky settling on the proper direction on your first or second attempt it gets really, really tiring quickly.
I'm pretty sure that's why they stuck the hunter with the rifle on the bridge. he keeps taking pot shots at you while you're wrestling with the mosquitos until you decide 'fuck it' and run up there to kill him
at which point you notice the path to the next area

he never started to shoot at me until I decided to go up there

Yhar'gul is where they start making the enemies do stupid damage and it's annoying, especially for enemies with guns.

Rom is alright.
But after Byrgenwerth the game just feels unfinished.

You can skip the explosive house and go straight to the river and as far as running up through the gate you really don't have to fight too much, but waiting for the Boulder everytime is annoying even though it's pretty quick. They definitely give you a lot of options once you reach the river with only one of them being a shortcut, but I mean they don't really bar your from making the right choice. You can always be cautious and inspect every option before going balls deep into one, but yeah those mosquitoes and the rifle Hunter's are douchebags.

Just don't get frustrated and keep your cool and it won't be so bad.

chalices is a great idea . but no variety
thats the only thing i find shit about the game
and a few hitboxes bullshit like watchdog

Well they're being powered up by the bell maidens so if you take them out then the regular mobs aren't too threatening. Until you really get it down though it is a huge bitch, but nothing is too ridiculous there imo minus the three Hunter's and the overstuffed coffins with that one misprogrammed attack that one-shots you.

Lecture hall needed to be a proper area, was a creepy as fuck area but they barely did anything with it.

Felt the area leading up to The One Reborn needed more exploring, the idea of the village people fleeing and getting a possible fate worse than death from getting caught in the ritual was creepy. I don't get the point of the teleporting thing that changes a few enemies and not a lot else.

The late game hunters also do stupid shot damage which is really frustrating. It encourages you to try and force to beat them from getting lucky with stunlocks rather than carefully timing the odd attack.

>lecture hall

I agree, was one of my favorite areas but too damn small. I think the reason Byrgenwerth and Lecture Hall are so small is for contextual accuracy, like schools and colleges back then were not how they are today and there weren't nearly as many students, but maybe they just didn't work on them as much.

>teleporting thing

I don't know why they even put it in there honestly, I feel like it lets you get to one unique area or something but I honestly can't even remember. I fucked with it the first time I found it but other than that I never go out of my way to find it cuz it seems pretty pointless.

what are you on about? the game is "tough" up until father gascoigne, and then is piss easy most of the rest of the way through.

>get bloodborne
>have fun cooping
>get stuck at that nightmare place where no coop and i get invaded
>no idea where to go
>no one can help me
>coop at amydala for fun
>still haven't beaten bloodborne
>beaten all the dark souls games

man i'm a faggot

Lecture Hall should have been smaller and shouldn't have had enemies at all, just corpses. It serves its purpose for tying various story elements together but the enemies in it are boring as fuck and it'd be a lot creepier if it was just Patches being the lone survivor of it all.

>teleporting thing
You mean in Yahar'gul? It's a shortcut. It's pretty pointless though since you have to work to have ToR kill you.

They do do a lot of damage, but honestly by that point it's just a matter of getting good and being able to dodge everything. It is almost impossible to beat those three without cheesing them though I don't think I've ever fought them all at once and not gotten fucked, I always have to aggro them away.

You are but you're also a trooper. Hang in there, hoonta.

>not liking the students

Sure they're easy, but their design is awesome.