Witcher 2

>Witcher 2
>Actually have to prepare before battle with dedoctions, potions, oils, traps, and whetstone
>actually feel like a witcher when you fight instead of a complete retard

Why is Witcher 2 so much better than 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/195/?
redkit.cdprojektred.com/?c=mod&m=show&p=77
youtube.com/watch?v=T1nY3hLEM00
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has the best gameplay mechanics but the weakest story. It's also the shortest and feels like half a game.

3=1>2

1>2=3

it kind of is half a game, you get the second half on second playthrough when you chose iorweth

gwent>3=1>2

>Weakest story

YOU MEAN THE BEST?

>No clue what is coming up around the next corner
>powerful monster
>didn't have time to drink potions to prepare
>get raped

No that shit sucked.

chapter 4 of witcher 1 > witcher 3 hearts of stone dlc > witcher 2 > chapter 3 and 5 of witcher1 > witcher 3 blood and wine dlc > witcher 3 velen > rest of witcher 1 > rest of witcher 3

>Actually have to prepare before battle
Except the game tossing multiple fights at you that you either can never see coming or are behind such long conversations that your potions won't even be up by the time the fight starts. Fuck that faggot boss, you know the one I mean.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is Dark Souls is a hard game

>witcher 2 >best mechanics
>time-consuming preparation that gives you a 2 minute buff
>qte bosses
>can't strafe enemies
>terrible sluggish rolling
>overall just the witcher 3 combat but downgraded
why are we suddenly doing the thing Dark Souls fans are doing where they pretend the worst game in the series is actually good

This. Its like DaS with even more bullshit enemies that you cannot defeat without a preparation

nice to see plebs still kicking.
TW2 is the best one in the series, in every aspect.

Finished on hardest difficulty only using cats eye

>not choosing iorveth first

what the fuck is wrong with you? you do iorveth first so that you can save the true path with roche and give yourself incentive to play again.

all the memers saying 3 is bad, made the people who like 2 come out

tw2 and hearts of stone proved that cdpr are better at making linear story focused games instead of open world.

Same thing happened to dark souls 3 for some reason

I just could bring my self to side with ISIS tier terrorists

The time consuming preparation is what made the game good. Seriously shit taste

heh, I knew someone would fall for this

Time consuming preparation is what made Witcher 1 good and immersive.

Witcher 2 tries to replicate it with a more fast paced action oriented gameplay and is absolutely terrible at it. You never know what is going to be ahead of you and then you just waste your time in the clunky menus and do buffs that don't last for enough time. Witcher 3 understands that if they're going for that kind of fast combat style they better allow you to chug that shit on the fly.

jesus christ fuck off back to Cred Forums you turd licker your shit taste is repulsive

The problem is all those times they don't let you prepare, at least in the original version.

I remember the Druag as a notable example because even if you prepared before you went in all your enhancements were removed when you played through that sequence as the Dun Banner.

I agree with the other guy.

It's a nice idea in principal, but in reality, you can't "prepare" if you don't know what's coming next, which often occurred.

I am annoyed that they didn't keep the meditation screen though.

Iorveth's path is actually more fun to play. The fucking Kedwenii camp is boring as fuck by comparison.

I loved seeing my witcher drink his potions and prepare before battle. That was great

Witcher 3 literally has no immersion elements at all

>Choosing Roche's path makes more sense
>But Iorveth's path is better
Witcher is all about difficult choices.

Then play Witcher 1.

Witcher 2 is just the worst of both worlds.

You're going to get conflicting opinions on which one is better, because each game does something perfectly that isn't really as well replicated by the other games.

For example, inns in The Witcher 3 aren't as comfy as the inns in the other two games. The Witcher 2 barely had any inns, there was one in Flotsam, and one in Vergen, and that was pretty much it. The others didn't really count. The Witcher 1 still had the coziest and comfiest inns with the prominent fireplaces. The Witcher 3 opted for a more realistic design.

It's better for RPGs as a whole. Hub based with missions getting their own areas are the best.

3>2>1 for anyone that's not a contrarian fuck

2 had the best story though.

Fuckin' oath.

>Roche knows you didn't shank the king and he's trying to help clear your name.
>Iorveth is a pixie-dick cunt that has his grotz shower you with arrows when you first meet.
Did they give the player any story incentive at all to side with the elf shit? If he didn't have plot-armour, Geralt would have gutted him like any other bandit and stolen his bow to sell to the local innkeep.

Flotsam inn is by far the most comfy with the best music.

You're going to get conflicting opinions because each game tried to radically shake things up. It's similair to ME and DA in that regard but I think Witcher did a better job of retaining its "core" if you will. 1 was basically a NWN mod. 2 tried copying DS combat and expanding beyond retelling the novels. 3 tried adapting the open world format while also improving on 2.

>it's "better" because I "feel like a witcher XDDD"
I mean not only it's like the most reddit piece of criticism you can come up with, but how exactly do you know how it's like to be a witcher?
And yeah, I literally just beat the two first witcher games a week ago, the second one on Dark difficulty without the dark equipment, without a single dumbass oil, trap or a bomb and that wasn't hard at all. IT wasn't even a challenge run, just a simple playthrough

3>1>>>>

>Actually have to prepare before battle with dedoctions, potions, oils, traps, and whetstone
>potions last to upwards of an hour

TW1 is the only game in the series that made brewing and using potions fun, they dumbed it down way too much in 2 & 3.

I genuinely believe 1 is better than 2. Sure 1 had a slow start but was a better overall experience than 2. You are right that 2 has a better overall story.

Fucking hell the Draug was a fucking nightmare on Dark.

>you feel like a Witcher when fighting in Witcher 2
you got it backwards son
Witcher 1 and 3 are both far better in terms of swordplay combat; Witcher 2's combat is a joke
Just look at the way Gearlt holds his sword in 1 then in 3, there's a downgrade here from 1 but you still see what makes Witchers unique besides Signs; then you compare either 1 or 3 to 2 and you wonder wtf happened because Gearlt is suddenly a butcher now, very little skill or uniqueness in swordsmanship displayed.

nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/195/?

>dumbed down
You mean made the unbearable retarded UI a bit less unbearable? W3's alchemy is not any less complex than it was in W1 and it's sure as hell a lot more fun. I literally only used swallow in the first game on hard on my first playthrough where I didn't know anything about the game and was still confused with the combat

1 has it's advantages but I feel it's the most flawed of them all naturally given it's their first game.

I'm calling bs lets see some proof.

But congrats if true.

open world was a mistake

>non-reddit opinions
3>1>2
1>3>2
>reddit opinions
2>3>1
2>1>3

claims yours

>implying you didn't have to do these things in tw3

What the fuck game was I playing in 3? Witcher 3 had nothing in terms of sword play. In Witcher 2 Geralt uses fencing stances and kendo. In three he literally does only a twirling

>You mean made the unbearable retarded UI a bit less unbearable?

TW1 had the best interface out of all the Witcher games, this isn't even up for debate. The UI in 2&3 takes up the entire screen and at the same time manages to display less information than TW1 did with 50% of the screen space.

1>2>3

So was Ves raped by Henselt or did she just make the whole thing up?

Also Iorveth's path had more interesting areas and women to explore but I got tired of the Saskia shit real quick. Roche was more interesting to me because I liked the Blue Stripes.

well that's plain retardation

People keep trying to have their cake and eat it. They want Skyrim numbers but they also don't want to piss off storyfags by letting you do whatever like Skyrim does. It fucked over DAI the hardest I think but W3 suffered too.

Instead of Skyrim people should look at Gothic.

She was raped, Henselt even brags about it when you confront him

She'd be raped by me irl if she actually existed. Give me the stronk dyke poon. Gimme. Gimme gimme gimme.

Those are pirouettes pleb. A Witcher should be fast like in 1 or 3, 2 was awful because Geralt was slow as fuck.

Gothic 3 tried to be more open world and we all know how that ended user.

I hope for Cyberpunk CDPR go for depth rather than width.

Witcher 3 had so much fucking content, but so much of it was short, simple quests. Not that that's bad, but if they had omitted those for more, longer sidequests the game would be even better.

Except potions had such short durations that you'd run out halfway through a fight. Or halfway through the cutscene preceding the fight.

Witcher 3 made a brazillion dollars. You bet your ass Cyberpunk will have as much width and depth as TW3

2 was awful because all you had in terms of avoiding damage was quen and retarded sanic rolling

>bragging about having raped someone
I mean he's a fucking king. He rules nations, he leads troops on the battlefield, he controls more money than anyone in his country and yet he thinks sticking his cock in an emotionally fucked up dyke against her will is a better accomplishment?

She tells the story of what happened
What you see is what actually Geralt is imagining what happens
Once Ves says "He let me go" and walks off
Geralt says "Ves lied"
Roche asks "about what ?"
Geralt answers about Henselt
TLDR; Our waifu was raped. Thats not even the worst part, Henselt implies she actually enjoyed it, fuck knows whether he was meming or Ves actually showed enthusiasm so he lets her live, fucking extremely depressing non the less

Deus Ex Mankind Divided had great sidequests, that's what they should check out. Too bad the main story was basically a glorified ad for the next game.

Man you just stink of reddit

>>actually feel like a witcher when you fight instead of a complete retard

Funny, still looked like the same halfass'd arpg mechanics to me

Nah, unlike Sapowski based Pondsmith will be on hand to make sure things improve.

That's all true, but it's supposed to sting because Roche and Geralt care about her.

Well meme'd nigger have a (You)

TW2 is the worst game in the trilogy.
A gigantic downgrade from TW1, and one of the biggest consolizations in a short period of time I´ve ever seen.

I think they could've done it better, but tw2's system would've gotten real old after 80 hours if you had to take a knee and brew potions every time before going into combat.

Blud, Witcher had a pretty decent source material
Cyber stuff, is more or less going to be an asspull
I wouldn't be surprised with we ended up with Deus Ex without the yellow filter

>TW2 is the worst game in the trilogy.
You literally make no sense, it was improvement on everything and above all else it allowed you to change your haircut so you don't look like a fucking retard

I'm playing through witcher 1. Should i replay the last chapter on the other 2 paths or it's not worth it?

Are you literally retarded?

because Roche's path was supposed to be dark and Iorveth more "magical"

> the weakest story

this fucking guy

>Gothic 3 tried to be more open world
Gothic 2 and 1 was already perfect open world. Gothic 3 had just too huge of a scope, piranha bytes tried to compete with motherfucking oblivion with 20 people on board and failed miserably.

Witcher 3 also suffers from "too big for it's own good" scenario. Every single dialogue is quest based and there are literally villages with not a single one character to talk to. Meanwhile in the outskirts of vizima witcher 1 you could talk even to unnamed npcs to learn new skills, recepies or facts about the world.
Witcher 3 couldn't ever be as fleshed out exactly because of it's huge scope.

The Witcher 1 and 2 did potion and oil preparation properly. You actually had to go out, research, deduce, mix it properly- or if you didn't have the proper ingredients, you could swap out others to try and make bonuses and such. It was a very interesting system.

Witcher's 3 system of 'make a potion and forget about it' really did it a dis-service at the start of the game, but by the end I understood why they made that design choice and it didn't bother me so much.

The witcher 2 however is easily the worst in the trilogy.

Im pretty sure its basically the same except you have different people helping you out.

why dont the just let go?

at least you actually feel like a fucking witcher while doing combat, I don't know who designed gameplay in 2 but he needs to die

Are you fucking serious?

They've got fucking Pondsmith on board. Are you retarded enough to think Star Wars and Star Trek are the same because they both have spaceships?

Nahhh not gonna argue that much about which witcher's the best, love all 3 for different reasons. Love CDPR as well, can't wait for Cyberpunk. Best studio

He made Lords of the Fallen last I checked.

>>Blud, Witcher had a pretty decent source material
Other than nods and the universe itself the games were their own stories. Hell the author of the books has made that clear every time he is asked, saying that shit ain't cannon nor approved by him.

Well to be fair the characters were also ready already from the books. Maybe they will fuck it up, who knows.

Fucking hated how blocking worked. Forced to keep rolling like my name was Fred Durst.

well if i had a cake I would eat it

>Cone into a thread
>Nah I'm not going to discuss the thread I'll just make a quick shitpost
Kill yourself.

>cone

Wait some time. Then play the game again and die everything the other way. You'll be quite surprised at some situations.

Install the combat rebalance mod and Witcher 2 instantly becomes the best in the series.

CDPR is at their best when they are not trying to continue Sapowski's stuff and doing their own things.

Letho and O'Dimm are proof of this.

>Henselt implies she actually enjoyed it, fuck knows whether he was meming or Ves actually showed enthusiasm so he lets her live, fucking extremely depressing non the less

her vagina didn't grow teeth and bite his dick off, this means she liked it

i learned this from my friend from africa

Iorveth branch was the best.

People are just falling for the (no homo) bromance with Broche.

>Cone

You could drink potions in combat in 1 just like 3, 2's system was retarded as fuck there was no way to know what you'd be fighting other than the most basic shit like, Oh Endregas will be in the forest.

If this is what you do in your days, I don't envy you

>ves gets raped
>geralt and Roche find her
>she hugs geralt
Man. Come on.

>Actually prepare before battle
See, this worked in TW1 because buffs lasted a long time, and you could drink potions in battle, so preparation is actually feasible.

But gosh, I sure do love 2 minute buffs and spamming quick-load, because I have no idea what kind of enemy is appearing next and not being able to use any of my potions against it. Such immersive.

The biggest problem in W2 was, thaz thr potions fucking sucked colossal dick ass. Their were borderline useless.
Unless you went alchemist the negative effects would completely wreck your ass. And even as alchemist the potions never really become good, they just become " not shit".

Now I know that alchemist build is the strongest one of all three, but that's due Altered Metabolism, not because of the pot effects themselves, mind you.

yeah, I agree

You're supposed to die fighting then reload and then prepare you fucking nigger

holy shit it takes 1 second to install a mod which lengthens potion time

The trouble is when you try to compare the three just because they bear the same name. This isn't the case as in Mass Effect where it's the same game with different cosmetics. Witcher 1 is distinctly different than Witcher 2 which is different than Witcher 3. One was run of the mill old school RPG, 2 was your basic modern WRPG whilst 3 was a great game but a pretty mediocre open world RPG. That's like comparing Vespas to P-51 mustangs just because they both use internal combustion engines. Can't you just enjoy a game for what it is without linking it to a larger whole?

>>You're supposed to die fighting then reload and then prepare you fucking nigger
fun gameplay

>play game for the first time
>big fights without any potions
>fun

To be fair ME1 is pretty fucking different from 2 and 3 and also the best one.

>This isn't the case as in Mass Effect where it's the same game with different cosmetics.
Nigga what. Mass Effect redid its gameplay/story with every game. 1 was KOTOR, 2 was a poor man's GOW, and 3 tried to merge the two with some success.

she was cute you know

>but a pretty mediocre open world RPG
what was mediocre about it, it nailed the witcher world and witchering atmosphere, I felt like fucking Yojimbo wandering from town to town

That arm looks REAL weird

>Witcher 1
>actually feel like a witcher when you fight instead of a complete retard

Why is Witcher 1 so much better than 2?

I'm not planning on replying it ever, i don't have that much time anymore and i wanna enjoy more vidya possible

Isn't that basically how Dark Souls works though?

Or are you one of those contrarian fags who think DS is bad? W2 didn't do a good job imitating it though

>You could drink potions in combat in 1 just like 3
Not really true. In both games you can jug them mid combat, true, but that's where the similarities end.
In W3 you instantly and magically get the pot effect. Even while rolling and so on.
In W1 he actually had to do a drinking animation, leaving him open to attacks while not attacking himself. Not too mentioned that on hard enemies get an attack of opportunity when you drink a pot.

Nigga just because it changed the GUI of the skills doesn't mean it changed the core mechanics while as the rhythmic clicking of Witcher 1 was completely scraped in Witcher 2

it's not

I never prepared with any oils/potions/decoctions in TW2. Thanks CDPR for making them last like 1-5 minutes and having no way of knowing when you'll enter combat or what you'll be even fighting against.

Also that fucking backstab damage is fucking bullshit

It wasn't just the GUI though. Saying the gameplay from ME1 to 2 didn't change is like saying W1 and 2 didn't change because Geralt still used swords and Signs.

What? DS is build around the "Die-try again" gameplay and in DS you can avoid traps with your wits and failing that you can retry as you are unlike Witcher 2 where you reload in order to drink a specific potion against a specific enemy.

They are nothing alike.

>this much autism
>one person has to hold all of it in for the greater good
you might be the chosen autist, user

It is. Anybody who says 2 is better than 1 is retarded.

>Mod that lengthens potion times
Why the fuck do I need to get a mod to fix a basic core mechanic? Why is it fucking broken in the first place?

It's not, anybody who says 1 is better than 2 is retarded

You actually had Witcher contracts in that, so you knew what you needed to prepare for, instead of "There might be a fight coming up, I fucking hope that the game will let me kneel down so I can drink swallow"

nice arguments

nice arguments

FCR? I played with that and was still mostly rolling around like a retard if I remember correctly.
It changed evasion animations to pirouettes only if you were low on health for some dumb reason.

>there were no witcher contracts in witcher 2

Ok, list the changes then? Give me 3 substantial ones, because I can give you 3 for the Witcher right away

It's not broken you're just complaining like a fucking twat grow up and get a life you're talking to a guy who would spend 50 minutes preparing for a battle against a red dragon in Baldurs Gate and then die and spend a hour preparing instead of 50 minutes. Get a life you fucking normie. Or in this case, just fuck off because you think you're too fucking special to take 5 minutes out of your gaming life to prepare for a fight. Jesus fucking christ just listen to yourself you spend 10 hours a day on an anonymous webposting forum to complain about a minor mechanic in an otherwise amazing game. One that's miles better than any pile of shit that came out in the past 6 years besides Pillars of Eternity and Divinity. Fuck off cunt.

Is this even still possible? Last time I checked not tio long ago, bith FCR and th Flash's mod were taken down everywhere. Which is a shame, because the flash mod did some really good things to w1.

Wasted effort, people will think you're serious.

They were pretty shit though. Weren't most of them basically the monster nests from W3?

There were a few good ones like that haunted shack by the beach and the feathers one.

>witcher 2
>prepare for the fight at the last save point
>cutscenes and walking ensure
>half of your potion and oil duration is gone by the time the fight starts

Witcher 1 did it the best. Witcher 3's way of handling it is better than 2 for gameplay purposes.

flash took it down from nexus for some reason, it's here:
redkit.cdprojektred.com/?c=mod&m=show&p=77

No, I think there was like one monster nest contract per hub, most of them were straight up monster hunts or more like sidequests, just like in W1.

It is pretty broken in the Draug boss fight, though. And iirc the game took all buffs from you before the dragon fight at the end but didn't let you meditate because lolcombatsituation.

I'm genuinely surprised that I enjoy Witcher 1 the most. Maybe it was because I was reading the books at the same time.

the nekkar cave was fucking cool, so was hunting the giant insect thing.

1. Paragon and Renegade choices are tied directly to the bats and notby putting points in Barter or Intimadate skills.
2. If your class isn't trained in a weapon you can't use it period. In 1 I could use a sniper even if I wasn't trained in it. I'd be shit at it but I could do it.
3. Opening locked computers or containers was no longer tied to a skill like Deceyption or Electronics. Instead you just play a bullshit mini game.
4. Thermal clips

Do you know if the original fladh mod for w1 is to be found somewhere as well? Not talking about fcr, but the one he did before thatv

2 had the best art design, the best story, the best writing/characters, and is generally my favorite.

Ladies and gentleman, someone who didn't play the game

Act 1 -

Drowner quest
Nekker Quest
Endrega Quest
The Kayran
The Troll
Elf contract

and that's just off the top of my head

>tfw the books are better than the games and had more fun reading them than playing the games.

Ladies and gentlemen, someone who can't read.

The games might as well be a reboot of the books, they don't have much in common.

Is this the opposite day?
Witcher 2 has the worst combat, the worst menus, the worst potion drinking, and the worst encounters in the entire series.

The only thing that holds it up is the superb story and excellent characters.

I shall remain silent for the sake of your digital dignity, accept this as a victory if you will...

They're fan fiction. Or the equivalent of the Star Wars EU shit. They're not canon in Polish Lucas's eyes.

I'd love a Witcher game like Sorcery! or something.

Witcher 2 has worse gameplay than Witcher 1. It's also extremely short and the story is shit if you don't chose Iorveth.

>but how exactly do you know how it's like to be a witcher?
Read the books.
Witchering's a hard life. Most witchers are not on the caliber of skill that Geralt is mostly because of one thing or another.
But what it means to be a Witcher is
Don't involve yourself in matters that do not concern you/or have no money/incentive in
Only take contracts that involve killing monsters.
Don't kill people, Witchers were not made for that.
See: School of the Cat.
On the matter of actual monster hunting. Witcher's are pretty much the end all be all for monster hunting. A few nekker and drowners are not hard to kill but a big monster or even something along the lines of paranormal requires a Witcher.
And most of the time a common Witcher can barely make it out of a fight with a monster, some even die to the monsters that are easy as piss in the witcher games. Which is why they need to use their -ENTIRE- arsenal against a monster. Bombs, potions, oils, so on and so forth.

>...

how fucking retarded are you?

>It's also extremely short and the story is shit if you don't chose Iorveth.
shit taste

I haven't read any of the books besides the first one and I too think TW1 is the best one. The atmosphere is unbeatable. It also holds your hand the least which I like

It's 25 hours and there's no "that part". Witcher 1 is like 40% "that part".

It also feels the most Polish, which is more important than people realise.

>Rochecucks
Lol
>Wahh drowners
You have shit taste and a short attention span.

Pretty rude senpai.

you'll get tired of this contrarianism one day.

Yeah I always hated how globalized the stories/monster encounters in 2 and 3 were compared to 1 and/or the books.

I say the same to you.

Best Atmosphere: Witcher 1.
Best Story: Witcher 2
Best music and gameplay: Witcher 3
opinions

1 had it best anyway, where you CAN take potions mid-fight, but you have to stand there like a retard taking a sippy to do it.

RPG mechanics were mediocre.

Nah, thats correct

>Globalized
What buzzword is this? And define what the fuck is "Polish" about 1 that the sequels lack. 3 had the Velen and Novigrad which both feel pretty Poland. Velen was the pagan past, Novigrad the Christian one.

just like every open world RPG

This

Witcher 2 flotsam easily takes the cake for the best area in the game.

Ever been on a foggy flotsam morning while its raining in the forest? It's fucking gorgeous and atmospheric like nothing else

maybe because the beginning sections go on too long and suck ASS

Flotsam is easily the worst area in all of W2

New Vegas.

awful taste

awful taste

yes?

Speaking of Flotsam.
Does anyone have a map of Geralt's travels in the game?
I tried to look at all the maps in all the games and I can't really tell where the fuck he was from the beginning of TW1 to TW3.
Where the did TW2 take place? Along the Pontar? I couldn't ever tell because the map changes from game to game.

Samefag.
Cred Forums gold lets me see if you're samefagging.

I'm pretty sure the game takes you east alongside the pontar

first reply best reply

also
this

awful taste

(You)

Still samefagging.

I got ya senpai

awful taste

They had to cut out an entire Act because they were on the verge of going bankrupt. Also why Act 3 was so short and barren. A shame too, Dol Blanthanna would've been fucking amazing.

/thread

Someone needs to update that (and this) to include Beauclair for Blood and Wine.

>Verge of going bankrupt
Is that why they tried to sue people who pirated the game?

>1 anywhere near as good as 3

1 is like 60% shit.

Wrong, it has the best combat, the worst menus, the worst potion drinking, average encounters, best graphics, most fleshed out story, best c&c, worst waifus, best politics, it was the shortest and the most linear ot of the 3 games.

>>Actually have to prepare before battle with dedoctions, potions, oils, traps, and whetstone
More like you need to follow along with a guide or constantly die and restart to guess what you needed to use to beat the shitty fucking enemies. Witcher 2 was absolute dog-shit.

Guys, I need Witcher reaction images to fill my witcher folder.
Help me out fambams.

This except I liked 2's potions better than 3's.

Enhanced edition adds quite a bit to act 3. 8 or 9 hours if I remember

Twos cat potion was really cool. I liked the heartbeat and central nervous system transparency affect. In 3 the screen just goes white and mobs turn red. Absolute fucking laziness.

>Don't kill people, Witchers were not made for that.
Geralt kills a lot of people in the books. The first short story starts with Geralt butchering two drunks in a bar just to get the attention from higher ups.

>prepare for ebin fight
>all potions expire during the cutscenes

It's like literal retards designed it. TW3 did it much better, though I think TW1's way with potions was the best.

>Bombs, potions, oils, so on and so forth.
>Read the books.
Those didn't exist in the books.

i loved that the throne room in vizima looked like the cutscene at the end of the first game.

>Dol Blanthanna
Fuck man... were they really going to have Dol Blathanna? Shit would have been so fucking amazing... I wish they'd continue adding DLC for TW3...

Anyways even if people disagree about how good TW3 is, CDPR is still the best current dev imo if only for the fact that they gave a discount for people who already owned TW1 and TW2. What other dev out there even does something as amazing for their fans?

Oils and potions are in the books, he even drinks potions before the Striga fight. And before the fight with the ghouls that gets his leg maimed.

Sounds like the game would be a lot better for you if you had taken the time to look at the bestiary before spamming left click with quen.

You don't even need to read the entire entry, theirs like, three sentences that tell you everything you need to know.

Much better? Are you FUCKIG mental? Auto regenerating potions and infinite chugging in the middle of battle is BETTER? Are you five years old? Fuck off back to mass effect.

>tfw i have blood and wine but no heart of stone

I want them to continue the Witcher by declaring that Ciri actually became a Witcher and we can play as Witcher Ciri but i know it'll never happen

but that probably will happen

It's okay. You have the better expansion.

It's a rule of thumb for Witchers to never kill people unless it's self defense which is why most witchers don't take contracts that involve murder, assassinations or regicide.
A few happy exceptions like the entire School of the Cat and whatever is left of the Viper School aka Letho.

>That feel when I own both but I can only run them at 20fps with no AA.

>skipping the best part of witcher 3
why?

nigga how, I can play it on decent settings with a 560 ti and 2500k

Man, i miss ito threads so much

Strictly from AAA developers? Not that many.

I was genuinely surprised when I saw that TW3 pre-order was only 40€. That's about the best pre-order bonus I can imagine.

1st Gen i5 750 that hasn't been replaced in 6 or so years.

I wish they didn't go open world and just make a witcher 2 that was as massive and polished as witcher 2 but with the length of 3. Was that too much to ask?

Potions exist in the books but not bombs, oils and witcher armor sets. Potions also work a lot differently. They just increase his speed a lot. >Read the books.
>using game canon

That last part was directed to this person

The story and atmosphere in Witcher 2 were the best, political conflicts and moral dilemmas are the shit.

The only reason Witcher 3 is 'better' is because of how long and how abundant in content it is. Also the open world kind of shits on the level based design in the previous games.

fuck, im sperging out

>I JUST LOVE GAME OF THRONES!!!

Sounds like Geralt's "Witcher Code" bullshit, i.e. stuff that applies only to him.

Letho, Lamber, and Gaetan all have no problem slaughtering people.

TW1 was very open too, TW2 is the only linear Witcher game.

>politcal conflicts
that's exactly why TW2 is the worst witcher imo

Dumb Trissposter

It's not enough.
I need MORE.

witchers have no problems killing people but they don't pursue it

There's no way to know what you're going to face without already going into battle, dying and reloading an earlier save.

That's dog shit design I'm not a fucking psychic.

>TW2 is the only linear Witcher game.
This. While the Act 2 gimmick was pretty cool it also forced the developers to railroad you to a certain degree in order to reconverge in Act 3.

yeah there is incentive but you are just caught up in the same Cred Forums shit that gets parroted so you are blinded by an irrational hate for a video game character

What? You know just posting le funny meem picture is not enough to communicate your thoughts?

What did he mean by this?

shut the fuck up

>witcher 2
>level design

Bottom is clearly superior. Witcher 2 geralt can't even stick his dick in pussy without thinking of yen.

Yeah the whole thing about the witcher code is that Geralt literally made it up so he could get out of jobs, it's his code and no one else's. The only thing that we know pertains to multiple witchers is being neutral but even then that's bullshit. Just look at Coen.

No, what are you doing.
STOP.

:^)

>witcher 1
>enjoyment

>Witcher 2
And all of that was ABSOLUTE FUCKING ASS. The potions in particular were absoutely horrific and nobody, NOBODY sane would ever fucking defend that back when the game was released.
The pre-battle preparation was only done well in the first game: it was an absolute pain the ass and completely shitty system in the second and anyone who claims otherwise is just another dumb contrarian cunt trying to hone his ego because shitting on TW3 is now really fucking popular for some reason.

Getting rid of it was not the best option, but it sure as fuck did not make the game worse than the second one was.

>It's a rule of thumb for Witchers to never kill people unless it's self defense
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAVE YOU EVEN FUCKING READ THE BOOKS?!
Jesus fucking Christ, the very first story about Geralt starts with him murdering an entire fucking bar just to get Foltests attention. He literally provokes and kills like four people because he does not want to go through the bullshit administration necessary to be admitted to the king.
"Witchers don't kill people unless it's self-defense". Or unless they refuse to pay. Or unless they stand in their way. Or unless the Witcher has bad mood.

The only thing they don't do is that they don't take human CONTRACTS and assassination missions. They kill with glee and without hesitation, they just don't take money for it.

>witcher 3
>fun

that's the point of the picture. You aren't allowed in unless you chose yen.

>witcher 1
>level design

>They kill with glee
Most of them are humorless, joyless cunts because of how shitty their lives are and how they're all expected to go out there and die for pennies. Plus the shit they usually fight is lame.

Haha dude holy shit you are delusional please kill yourself.

>

>videogames
>memes

Too bad Iorveth's path >>> Roche's simply because of Vergen.

>Most of them are humorless, joyless cunts because of how shitty their lives are
Yeah, the killing with glee was a bit of an exaggeration. The point is that they don't have second thoughts about killing. Ever. They definitely do not avoid murder unless it's self defense.

You sure told me! Cunt.

>Yeah, the killing with glee was a bit of an exaggeration. The point is that they don't have second thoughts about killing. Ever. They definitely do not avoid murder unless it's self defense.
Yeah that I agree with. Really the only one who's still alive and a moralfag is Geralt.

>They kill with glee and without hesitation, they just don't take money for it.
As someone who's read the books and played the games, I can confirm that this is bullshit.

Shouldn't discount TW3 so easily imo. It had some of the best cutscenes and quests in the series.

White Orchard is a lot closer than that to Visima, you can see the city's skyline from it.

>Letho
>Viper
>Gaetan
>Cat
And Lambert never took a contract to kill anyone, he just gets really pissed off at assholes and treats the accordingly.

Well that is definitely how Geralt acts.

It joins my point about abundant content. TW3 had some of the best quests and some of the best cutscenes but it also had plenty of shitty ones and plenty of unappealing to everyone ones. The game is simply so massive in every aspect that everyone is bound to find something that will appeal to him.

Its meant as a guideline for when you're on the path, which Coen fucked off from to become a soldier. Breaking neutrality is discouraged because it eventually gets you ended up like Geralt with a pitchfork through you.

The only thing the witcher 3 did good was areondight but witcher 2 mod fixes the original weapons in witcher 1 so witcher 3 still sucks

it's so cool to dislike popular things

is it a requirement to be an asshole to join the school of the cat or something

>GoT
>politics

Yeah, except for that specific part of the books I just described? Or how Geralt butchers people in Blaviken? Or how he butchered a bunch of people on his first day out of Kaer Morhen because he wanted to save some poor girl? Or how he actually fought in the Battle of Yaruga, where he was fucking KNIGHTED for his outstanding soldiering and slaughter of Nilfgaardians as a soldier in the services of Queen Meve? Or the trail of fucking bodies he leaves in his wake everywhere he goes in the pentalogy?
And Geralt is like THE biggest fucking moralfaggot in the entire history of the Witcher's profession.
So yeah, you are absolutely and perfectly full of shit. Why the fuck do pretend that you know what you are talking about, again?

You just gave the description for Witcher 1's prep-work metagame, not 2's. Witcher 2's combat can be cheesed with Quen no matter what fucking build you even pick because vigor regen is buttfuck retarded in that game, and I can only imagine 3 is worse with the massive audience shift to console players.

Henselt/Dethmold are much better characters in w2 than Saskia and Phillipa

Witcher 2 combat rebalance mod makes quen way less cheesy.

>go full alchemy in witcher 2
>NEED to pop pots and oils or I am going to die in every fight
>boss of act 2 has a cutscene leading directly into his fight so I can't buff, if I buff before the cutscene it clears by the fight
I loved witcher 2 but that blew ass, I had to deal with that fight like a crippled kitten.

You do though
In witcher 3 after level 15 you can easily kill 40 bandits
Witcher 2 combat is tense until loc muinne, and even then the dragons hard
Comparing both games on max difficulty btw

>and I can only imagine 3 is worse with the massive audience shift to console players.
It's not. The combat preparation is mostly removed all together, but given how fucking awful it was in the second, that is not necessarily a change for worse, and the combat is much better ballanced, less easy to cheeze and more importantly, more fun to NOT cheeze.

I still wish the preparation from the first game was back though. It can be modded in, but I found the mod to be bit unreliable and tended to break the game: I'm not sure if the newest version of the game are even supported. Otherwise though, when it works the system is great.

>The combat preparation is mostly removed all together
There goes any incentive I had to pick up 3 then. Prep-work was the most fun part of W1 for me.

I'm just upset that Witcher 2's shift to consoles ruined so much about the game. The skill trees have less depth, combat is easier to cheese, the menus and UI were butchered to make the game work for controllers, it's all just a mess. At the very least 2 had some good visuals and interesting characters, but the rest is just a shame.

What about Vergen? That place was a hell to navigate.

No offense, but if the settings, characters, story, art direction, writing etc... weren't what you enjoyed about the Witcher games, then yeah... I don't really understand what is going on in your head there, but yeah. Avoid TW3. You should have also avoided TW2. And absolute majority of TW1 when I think about it...

>Dethmold loses his balls
>Phillipa loses her eyes
>If this happened in the CURRENT YEAR it'd be a hate crime against fags like not having blacks in W3 was racist

I have a soft spot for 1 but 2 is really good. It might be a bit short tho.

About the combat itself i dont think its bad, actually its pretty nice. They made Geralt really mobile and they give you a lot of options for fighting (projectiles bombs traps).
The problem is that it doesnt suit to the lvl design. You make most of your fights in the corridor or small area so you cant dodge properly and it become a nightmare there are most than 3 ennemies.
The only place that benefits from the combat system was the arena from the tutorial.

>Geralt butchers people in Blaviken
They were bandits and were going to kill innocents one by one until the mage left his tower. Geralt was also deeply emotional while doing it.
>butchered a bunch of people on his first day out of Kaer Morhen because he wanted to save some poor girl?
They were rapists. After he killed them the girl puked and fainted. That's when he realized that he's a witcher and should try to avoid getting involved in other people's affairs.
>how he actually fought in the Battle of Yaruga
To save his friends. Milva was having a miscarriage at that time and wouldn't be able to escape.
>the trail of fucking bodies he leaves in his wake everywhere he goes in the pentalogy?
This isn't true either. He's mostly just wandering and when he did kill someone it was because they attacked him first. Ciri was on the other hand killing a lot of people.

>Geralt is like THE biggest fucking moralfaggot in the entire history of the Witcher's profession
Headcanon. We aren't given a lot of insight into the lives of other witchers. Geralt has probably killed more people than the average witcher since he always gets involved in a lot of things.

It seems like you completely missed the point of the books. Witchers aren't emotionless killing machines. They are human beings with emotional needs and desires. Dandelion even says that Geralt is the most normal man he's ever come across.

I specifically mentioned that they did a good job on visuals and characters, I would have thought you'd gather I meant writing and story and art direction from that as well. And I said the prep work was the MOST fun, not the only fun. The gameplay definitely took a dive for me though, especially given the lack of monster variety and the changes to potions and signs. Since Witcher 3 seems to have changed those more, and on top of the fact I'm not a huge fan of open-world games, I don't know if I could manage to force myself through 3 no matter how good the story is.

So... what part of "not killing outside of self-defense" is incomprehensible to you god-damn cretin?
Also, love how you still avoid that opening massacre in The Witcher. You know, the second story in fucking Last Wish?

If Geralt thinks somebody is a bad person, he kills them. It's as easy as that. He never fucking hesitated, he never needed self defense as an excuse. He even does it with glee, like the part where he murders the bunch of marauders raping a girl the pentalogy, another part of you completely seemed to have forgotten.

>Witchers aren't emotionless killing machines.
Did I even fucking said anything like that, you idiot? I said they kill without hesitation when they think is justified, or even just feel like it. Which they do. Geralt does. And you really fucking need to learn to fucking read, both the fucking books, and the fucking posts given here. Now fuck off.

prep work did let you get into the shoes of a witcher but W3 is a more personal story about geralt searching for his daughter.

As a person who only played Witcher 3 on the hardest difficulty, I found the combat outside of the Wild Hunt members and the DLC creatures really easy to cheese.

Most of the time I just set things on fire and cut through them as they burned. I used the appropriate signs for the appropriate fights and everything was pretty much a cakewalk. Every creature had a gimmick and it took at most 2 battles to figure out what it was.

Something I wish they did is if a Griffin or Draconid dived and hit you you straight up died even if Quen was up. Something that large hitting you with the same power and speed as a raptor is like getting hit with a boulder. I think it would be fair given that a single crossbow bolt just swats them out of the air.

I hear people complaining about prep-time for fights. I think actually needing to prep is stupid from a gameplay perspective. If you didn't know what you were going to fight, I don't want to have to reload the game just to do prep; the fact that you can prep immediately after entering combat is perfect. You're armed to the teeth and ready to go and I don't care if that's unrealistic, it's just practical. Like, I find the two-swords thing very practical because you don't have to go into a menu; kinda like in Diablo 2; or how can quickly switch guns in an FPS.

I don't understand why people want to grind for potion ingredients either. I felt the farming aspect of Monster Hunter was fucking ridiculous. I didn't want to have to go visit the fucking farm between every hunt just to replenish my consumables. Witcher 3 was great - Alcohol BOOM, fill everything.

3, from what I understand, is the best 'Witcher's work' simulator out of the three. So if you're into that, it's pretty good.

On the topic of 2, though, I found that I never needed to use potions for anything bar The Operator. The game is pretty easy, honestly. - That being said I only played through each path once on normal some time ago.

>3, from what I understand, is the best 'Witcher's work' simulator out of the three. So if you're into that, it's pretty good
Interesting, I might have to give it a go after all

>That being said I only played through each path once on normal some time ago
I'm doing Iorveth's path for the first time right now, fuck Vergen so much. Stupid place is a fucking maze, at least the Kaedwenii camp made sense.

Also we get a stupid knife-ear instead of Broche. Fuck this place.

I can fucking assure you that TW3 is less of a slog to go through than the second and the piece of shit gameplay of the first one were. Anyone who pretends that gameplay of the series got worse is delusional. The first one, god knows I absolutely love the game for it's story and writing and atmosphere and shit, is AWFUL gameplay wise and the series has only improved on it, even if it did a number of missteps along the way, like most of the second game did.

TW3 is... inoffensive. It's not a poorly designed pain the ass like the first one was. It's not particularly amazing. The sort of game where you basically forget there are any mechanics to it as you go through it: an inoffensive routine.
The open world is just a backdrop. Mechanically, it does not add anything, or detract anything either, especially if you filter out the points of interests (which I wholeheartedly recommend you do). It's a beautiful (seriously, SERIOUSLY beautiful) piece of backdrop with a lot of entirely optional, pretty and fun environmental storytelling, but otherwise, it can be easily treated as a less intrusive loading screen.
And the rest of it: the art direction, settings, atmosphere, it's just TW1 cranked up to eleven in terms of amount of content. It's a shame the main story goes pretty awry later into the game, they really fucked that up, but it also makes up for only like 10% of the entire storytime while the rest is side-stories and side-plots which are of equal quality to the first two games, so... If you actually, genuinelly liked TW1 for the things that made it good, I can't see you not enjoying TW3.
It's not the 10/10 best game ever, but as a Witcher game, as an expansion on what made TW1 fantastic, it's very, very good.

witcher 2 prepare?
nigga what? Even in dark i just spammed bombs, spells, and shields

at least the music in witcher 3 is god tier
youtube.com/watch?v=T1nY3hLEM00

>Also we get a stupid knife-ear instead of Broche. Fuck this place.
Iorveth is alright, I warmed up to him after a while. He's still pretty inferior to Roche, and your friendship with him seems pretty flimsy in comparison, but the story of his path is a lot less about him than Roche's is.

Also, just you wait, Roche shows you how much of a bro he is during Iorveths path, believe it or not.

fucking hell, iorveth isn't even in the third game
waste of my time

spam bombs and traps

You completely ignored the fucking game breaking flaw I mentioned that potions do not last through cutscenes. You need potions the most before a tough battle, the toughest always having a cutscene. It's actually broken because of this. Potions are useless for most of the fights that need them most and only a retard focused on the alchemy tree in TW2.

TW1 did it best, but at least TW3 wasn't broken. Fucking lorefag.

>So... what part of "not killing outside of self-defense" is incomprehensible to you god-damn cretin?
Not sure what you mean here.

>Also, love how you still avoid that opening massacre in The Witcher. You know, the second story in fucking Last Wish?
Didn't bring it up in your last reply. That was also Sapkowski's first dive into the world and he didn't really know where to go with the characters but I can't really comment on it since I don't remember the details.

>If Geralt thinks somebody is a bad person, he kills them. It's as easy as that. He never fucking hesitated, he never needed self defense as an excuse.
This isn't true. Don't know why I should have to back this up with facts when you don't.

>marauders raping a girl the pentalogy, another part of you completely seemed to have forgotten.
Except I didn't.
>They were rapists. After he killed them the girl puked and fainted. That's when he realized that he's a witcher and should try to avoid getting involved in other people's affairs.
That was his first time heading out in to the world as a witcher. Ever heard of character progression?

>Did I even fucking said anything like that, you idiot?
>kill with glee
Do you not understand the meaning of that word?

Learn to argue instead of sperging out like a faggot when proven wrong. You completely ignored my attempts at refuting your claims and just insulted me. Don't know who you're trying to impress, just move on and stop being a little bitch.

Neither is Saskia, but they're both on Gwent cards

all that rolling felt like i was playing dark souls

reminder that he was the best northern king, and literally did nothing wrong

>invading upper aedirn
demavend was dead, the resources of upper aedirn are better in his hands (for the defense against nilfgaard) than mad lad rad or the lodge (saskia).

>hung the blue stripes
foreign unit whose leader was planning to assassinate him

>raped ves
better than killing her or capturing her

>employs dethmold
dethmold was despicable and nasty, but he was loyal and dedicated to his king, doing necromancy to find out more about the assassin

demavend was demadead, foltest was an incestuous duck who also got killed, rad is an insane child and saskia is a puppet
henselt was the only northern ruler worthy of respect and writing him off in witcher 3 is a dumb move

though, a good northern ruler doesn't matter when nilfgaard also go from evil to saints in witcher 3 i guess

>Not sure what you mean here.
Follow the fucking discussion next time before imposing yourself into like the clueless moron you are.

>Didn't bring it up in your last reply.
See above. Also "b-b-b-but that one does not count!"

>This isn't true.
That guys is a rapist! I'm going to kill him, because he is a rapist.
That guy is a soldier for an army that I like less than the other. I'm going to kill him, because he is a soldier of an army I like less.
That guy is going to kill some random people and I don't think that is right. So I'm going to kill him for that.

>Don't know why I should have to back this up with facts when you don't.
IN EVERY SINGLE CASE YOU FUCKING LISTED, AND I FUCKING LISTED, IT WAS NOT A CASE OF SELF DEFENSE. WHAT IS NOT TRUE ABOUT "GERALT KILLS FOR WAY MORE REASONS THAN SELF DEFENSE, AND DOES NOT ACTUALLY HESTITATE TO DO IT" IS NOT FUCKING TRUE?!

>Except I didn't.
"in the Pentalogy, it was mostly just a case of him getting attacked" are I think the words you used. Moron. Fucking. FUCKING. MORON.
The fuck is wrong with you?

>Do you not understand the meaning of that word?
Do you not understand the part of "that was a bit of a hyperbole"?

>You completely ignored my attempts at refuting your claims and just insulted me.
You did not fucking refute anything you fucking moron. You provided me with more examples of me being right, or you fucking LIED, and STILL FUCKING LIE.
I gave you a LIST of fucking examples where Geralt kills, often with gusto (like the TWO cases of rape scene, one of which has description of him smilling as he does for fuck sake!) and the books make it repeatedly clear that Geralt always had more of a "heart" and was softer than his colleagues. Lambert and Visimir even fucking rub his nose in it on multiple occasions.

So fuck off you cunt. YOU have no fucking idea how to argue. You can't even keep track of fucking argument between to fucking posts.

Buttmad Keadweni poster.
Don't reply.
Redania here, best king incoming.
>The Last king in the Northern Realms
>Hates anyone other than Humans, fuck elves btw
>Hates Mages, fuck those bitches
>Took over Henselt's job because he's a weak lil' ass bitch
>Controls the northern realms with an iron grip and could've won the war.
Keadwen BTFO.

1=2>>Loved 1, loved 2, didn't even finish 3.

I had great fun with the short stories with all the twists. The novels quickly went down the shitter after Thanned.

redania warrior
>smelly
>shitty armor
>not loyal

kaedwen warrior
>strong, intimidating
>on fire
>memorable
>unicorn shield

forgot pic

Sorry whats that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me plowing Keadwen out the ass while fisting Temeria's butthole.
Foltest was a weak ass bitch and Henselt got cucked hardcore by me.

>Follow the fucking discussion next time before imposing yourself into like the clueless moron you are.
So exactly what did you mean by that statement?

>Didn't bring it up in your last reply.
See above. Also "b-b-b-but that one does not count!"
I'm not going to comment on something I'm unsure of, unlike you.

>That guys is a rapist! I'm going to kill him, because he is a rapist.
Happened one time. Like I said:
>What is character progression

>That guy is a soldier for an army that I like less than the other. I'm going to kill him, because he is a soldier of an army I like less.
To save his friends, you faggot. It was in even in my other reply.
>You can't even keep track of fucking argument between to fucking posts.

>That guy is going to kill some random people and I don't think that is right. So I'm going to kill him for that.

Geralt didn't kill those people simply because he didn't like them and thought that they were bad people.
>If Geralt thinks somebody is a bad person, he kills them. It's as easy as that.
>muh hyperbole
Doesn't work like that. You are giving false implications.

>"in the Pentalogy, it was mostly just a case of him getting attacked" are I think the words you used. Moron. Fucking. FUCKING. MORON.
The fuck is wrong with you?
I did adress the issue you wanted me to adress and that event didn't even happen in that time span. Geralt was telling about a thing that happened a long time ago. Again:

>Geralt always had more of a "heart" and was softer than his colleagues. Lambert and Visimir even fucking rub his nose in it on multiple occasions.
Citation needed. You might be right on that account, but I don't remember but it doesn't prove much anyway in the larger scheme.

I guess this whole disagreement comes from the fact that I think you misrepresenting certain things with hyperbole. Tone it down and I might agree with you.

had to cut out some things because it was getting too long.

I liked Mad Rad except that pedo part. Otherwise, I would have slayed all the sorceresses in his name

It's because Phillipa /ss/'d him.

>You're supposed to die fighting then reload
are you completely retarded?

I really disliked that the map in in both this, and the one at the start of Witcher 3 whne you talk to the ambasador aren't in english. Sure it adds authenticity but Geralt can read that while the player can't so it makes for a strange disconect.

>So exactly what did you mean by that statement?
That if you'd be able to follow a discussion for more than one post at any given time, you'd notice the original post I've made was against a person who claimed that Witchers only kill in self-defense. Which I made a counter, pointing out all the scenes where it wasn't true, and making slightely exaggerated claim that they even "Kill with glee". Which now that I have the Baptism of Fire on my hand, was not actually exaggerated.
You called that "bullshit", despite the fact that I was right, and here we are now.

>I'm not going to comment on something I'm unsure of
First of all, you clearly are. For example, you bring up your knowledge of the books, something you clearly aren't fucking sure at all.
Second of all, WHAT? The "but that one does not count" was specifically me making fun of you making excuses how that story does not count because it was Sapkowski's first, you idiot.

>Happened one time.
Twice, at minimum. Once, when Geralt was young, shortly after leaving Kaer Morhen. Second, when he was travelling with Zoltan in Baptism of Fire, scene where he gets to try the Sihil for the first time.
Another blatant example of you not fucking knowing what the fuck are you talking about.

Irrelevant in the subject of discussion, which you would know if YOU COULD FUCKING FOLLOW IT FOR MORE THAN ONE. FUCKING. POST. AT. FUCKING. TIME.

>You are giving false implications.
What the actual god-damn fuck are you even fucking saying? Are you having a stroke? I fucking hope you are because if this is you acting normally, you have a fucking problem.

>Geralt was telling about a thing that happened a long time ago.
NO. DO YOU REMEMBER THE BOOKS OR DO YOU NOT?! He kills a BUNCH of people right there, in front of Zoltan, during the Nilfgaardian invasion, Zoltan even lends him a fucking sword to do it, the Sihil. JESUS.

>worst potion drinking
what is wrong with you people? Did you put any points into alchemy? When you get the skill that reduces negative side effects some potions become fucking insane

I had more trouble with the soldiers before that, you die so easily and if you touch the fire on the edge of the tiny area you lose half your health

>all those fucking
>all that caps lock
>generally typing like a kid
You know, I don't much care about your arguments nor the guys arguing against you
I just wanted to tell you that you're a massive idiot. Seriously, learn how to argue, faggot

inb4 muh etiquette on chinese image boards. There's a difference between telling somene he's retarded and actin and typing like a 15 year lke you dob

They really don't. The only thing worthwhile is the skill that gives like +80% attack damage and +35% defense when you're intoxicated (this thing being REALLY very worthwhile, though).

Wrong wrong wrong. White Orchard is located on the Ismena and it's veeeery fucking close to Visima. You could actually see the fucking city at night

Pretty much what I said in my original post isn't it? A great game but buggered by the sole fact that it was open world and as such a bad RPG. Bad RPG does not mean a bad game, especially by today's standards

Two things to consider:

1) Geralt is not a typical Witcher, even in the School of the Wolf. Witchers are taught to keep their mouth shut and take the money. I think - at least for Vesimir - that this is about trying to avoid future pogroms against Witchers in the future.

2) Geralt ends up on the warpath, his silver sword and amulet gone, just butchering his way south to find Ciri and Yen. Most of the people he kills have got nothing to do with Witcher's work.

>You could actually see the fucking city at night
You can actually see the city even in broad daylight ever since they patched in the improved view distance. Just find a hill to the east of the map and look east, and you'll see the city in plain sight.

the witcher 2 is GOAT

much better than witcher 3

Dat doublechin...