youtube.com/watch?v=jLhv584_a3w
youtube.com/watch?v=hGH6EQdRF2w
youtube.com/watch?v=YLLvD-sFNfk
runescape.com/oldschool/deadman
youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3qlHFQvKs
youtube.com/watch?v=H24wZj-oxoo
youtube.com/watch?v=8iRoVTGVGbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that your character? if you need some money i can come meet up, i should be able to give you a few mil and maybe some items

why won't the price of fish masks fucking go up again?

He is low level. Can't even take advantage of the money. Let him have fun and learn the system if he is really new. Easy mode bitch

yeah it is. i quit playing in 2009 and gave my accounts away. got the feeling to start playing again so figured why the hell not. would appreciate it if you could throw me some stuff. im in world 393

my name is Honky Wisdom

Started back up two weeks ago trying to grind to membership on F2P is pure pain.

>tfw over 2k total and burning out

I could go for max but I really just can't be asked.

Yeah, I hear you man. The accounts I gave away both had 99 hunter, one of them had 87 slayer i think, almost 90 att, str, def,, 80 something range, 80 something mage, 80 somethin hp. forgot the rest but lookin back they were good accounts lol and both had atleast 100m.

>Grimy Ranarr Weeds went from 9k in February to the current 6k

Explain.

wintertodt came out

there are tons of ranarr seeds in the market, which leads to more people farming them, which leads to the devaluing of the weeds

33k Lobbies and counting

Damnit. So I should sell then? I doubt they'll go up to what they were before.

i think i fished about 150k lobbies before getting the heron at 94 fishing

i'm most likely wrong and it was probably less

slowly but surely lol

Wintertodt completely killed my F2P money making method.
Limp roots were like 2K each they're now worth not even 500.

Tfw badly want to play my ironman but can't get motivated to play the game

How is this possible? Does this mean I should quit?

My only qualm ever playing this game was that you couldn't level combat with friends. There wasn't a share exp option.

Will osrs rekindle my love for the game or make me hate the grind?

if anybody is feeling generous and wants to help me out, IGN is Honky Wisdom i'd be greatly appreciative. in world 393 lumby swamp killing giant rats and frogs. i'll go to you if needed

I think the best option for co-op is that you can share slayer tasks with people. Or you could grind pest control with them. Has decent combat xp gain.

For F2P, however, I'm not sure anything is available there.

add me if you wanna pvm

just play quasi efficiently, ironman endgame is ass.

is this anything like old runescape?
is it empty or full?
I barely played old runescape but always wanted to play again

Thanks doc

Might as well post my bank too keep in mind pure F2P two weeks old.

30 attack is out of the way, time to get 30 str

half way there

How fun is OSRS compared to actual RS back in the day?

you mean this runescape?

No, I mean populated RS before the Grand Exchange.

I'm really tempted to get into OSRS, the Exchange isn't too big a deal for me, being populated is more important.

I just started last night. I'm loving the quests in this game. They remind me of old school point and click adventures. The grinding is fun as well because I like to do something while I watch shows.

i just started playing again today. i love it. its honestly the same just the GE was added and they added a few new bosses. these are my stats so far btw

Is there still loads of people just having random conversations or is everybody quiet and focusing on whatever they're doing?

Running through Varrock and seeing hundreds of people talking among themselves was really fucking comfy to me, I'm not sure why. I got into WoW expecting it to be like that but everybody is silent and only speaks in guild or trade chat.

I haven't really seen anyone talking. People have lit fires for me when i asked though

Only talking F2P there's only talking in the 500/750 skill total worlds. Since all the others are filled with bots.

Had a pretty sick iron man, got bored with it and tried to drop close to 40m worth of dbones+hides and multiple barrows sets and everything else to my my old main, to realize it dissapears if you don't leave both accounts logged in, haven't played since.

im sure there are. the home page says there is 30k people who still play, then again ive been in secluded spots away from people so i havent really interacted with people yet. give it a chance man, cant do any harm.

Why does no one play rs3? I just made a new account and I like the visuals, and I'm reading through the combat changes and while it isn't what it was 10 years ago, I think it's an improvement.

I play RS3, i've played enough of OSRS back when it was relevant that i want new content.

Most of the new quests are so fucking excellent.

Nothing will ever beat fishing in Catherby with like 200 other players all stacked on top of eachother in one spot talking shit for hours on end.

Runescape 3 is horrendous. It's like they finally took a dive off the shit-end of jagex and tried to make a different type of WoW. thats how i see it anyway.

Are there any good private classic servers around?

Tried it out and it just felt wrong to me.

I agree dude.

It's the same thing, though. The only difference is combat and most people use Revolution anyway, which you set up once and then ignore. After that combat is pretty much the same.

Except there's more to do in RS3

That's nice to hear, actually. I like good questing systems.

What skill do I want to work on first to make some startup cash so I can buy some decent gear? Mind you I haven't played in 10 years, so I'm assuming it's still the same ignore bronze, get iron, black, steel, adamant, and rune.

I've had Vidyascape installed for ages but never got round to trying it, it looks decent. Not sure how active it is. There's a bit of an XP boost too I think. The owner will probably reply sooner or later, they're always hovering around RS threads ready to advertise.

Rscrevolution.com

FUCK HAHA

Magic for high alching, herblore for selling unfinished potions, slayer for MAD STACKS.

If you're a member, get Runecrafting to 50 so you can do rune goldberg (google it) and make some decent cash every day. Runespan lets you get to 50 ezpz.

>never played runescape because not native english
is this worth to start now?

I literally made the account 10 minutes ago. I think I will go member just so I'm not limited. How do you train magic now? I remember needing runes which were expensive for beginners.

No

Still need runes, what's your name? I'll give you a million to get you started if you want it.

I'm all for le edgy shitposting too, but why are you here if you don't like the game.

VaasEdo, I'm in Catherby right now don't know what world haha.

I noticed all of the mind/death/etc are gone from the spell requirements. Are they just gone from the game?

I do like the game and I play OSRS but starting with OSRS isn't a good idea. The golden age of RS is long gone, give it a try if you want but it isn't anywhere near as good as it was back in its prime.

Are you sure you spelled that right? It's showing you as offline.

And no, mind runes are very much in, look at confuse and weaken in the first and second row of spells.

Death runes are used for ancient magicks, as are blood runes. They didn't remove any runes.

Yep, definitely spelled it right. How do I access the settings? I remember you adding someone would show them offline unless they added you too or you had your friends settings set to public?

Try adding me: The Garryck

Now this is the Runescape I remember or barely remember

>tfw finally let go of RS

shout out to Tom Cruises for hooking me up with the cash. much appreciated bro!

good luck bro

>tfw being 11 years old and learning how to manipulate a market economy for profit

literally the best thing about old school Run Escape was jewing people and being a literal happy merchant

>tfw making hundreds of thousands of GP every day just trading people and not actually producing anything
>tfw wondering if what I was doing was morally questionable

the guilt passed quickly and was subsumed into the greed and the satisfaction of material gain. I wish dearly to relive those days

>I got into WoW expecting it to be like that but everybody is silent and only speaks in guild or trade chat.
WoW community was slowly killed off starting from TBC and finalizing in WotLK. They purposefully evolved the game into a direction that removed any necessity or point to communicate with players.

ez mode enabled

Became a member a couple of days ago but barely had enough time to take advantage of it because of work. Here are my stats, working on agility a little bit here in a second.

Also, I want to get 43 prayer before I start Monkey Madness but it's so fucking tedious. Does anyone have any advice? I don't have any yet, but I heard that using dragon bones on a gilded altar is supposed to speed up the process by a shitton.

Because it's shit.

>tfw wondering if what I was doing was morally questionable

I had that same feeling when I happened upon a guy that was drop trading his halloween masks and I picked one up, only to give it back to him due to guilt.

faggot, fuck guilt, change worlds and block him

This actually looks pretty decent. I haven't touched RS since the first incarnation which looked like this How much has the gameplay evolved? Is everything still click click click? Is there any depth to the combat?

>OSBuddy
>still asking to be spoonfed more
nah fuck you

>mfw I had let go for years
>mfw osrs had come back, only to wrap its slithery, cum-encrusted tentacles on my wallet and heart yet again

No face available

>2005
>would buy all noted cowhides from f2p nubs in Al Kharid bank for 20 gp ea
>sell them in bulk for 40 gp ea in Falador on World 2
>mfw looking at my steadily enlarging cash stack

Good times.

yes, altar is hella better and faster. if you are looking to make money, i would work on your slayer level. then again its all opinion. but your stats look pretty good dude

Dragon bones and guilded alter will get you there in about 5 mins.

Should have clarified that this was years ago.

did osbuddy rape your parents or something

if you're going to be spending money on it, guilded altar with dragon bones is the only prayer method worth doing.

>tfw no qt pet

which ones the easiest to get

actually killing reanimated dragons is cheaper and faster if you're a decent combat level and 93 mage

>98 str/magic
Fix this.

Hey guys, can I join in?

is the UI still needlessly complex and horribly laggy?

RS3 was unplayable last time I tried.

>UI still needlessly complex and horribly laggy

As a user interface, its horrible. Everything is in the wrong place and it's not modular enough. You can't change it to make sense.

However, it does run okay now.

no :^)

I haven't played in a year. Last thing I remember doing was killing bosses for gold, I accrued about 130 mil before stopping.

you could use the legacy interface, it's ugly but it works

holy nmz prod

Hey guys, remember to join us sometimes over at Alternatively, join us in game at q cc

shout out to combinekills who gave me some cash. thanks alot bro I appreciate it!

>playing runescape

I maxed melee before AFK NMZ was a thing. I killed ankous for two months straight, completely ignoring slayer because I thought it was too slow. Started regretting it after they added new slayer bosses, bossing is the only thing in OSRS that entertains me.

I like how he called you a fag. Turn off the mature filer fag

I did after I seen the stars lol

called him a nig

>filename
holy shit is that the original?

First person to find me at the GE get my GP - Im quitting.

f2p world or p2p?

Game was fun for a while but now I'm burnt out
120 combat and achieved pretty much everything I ever wanted to do besides getting a KQ pet
Don't see any reason to go back

p2p

>RS Twitch in bookmarks
>RS Wiki in bookmarks
>Browsing an RS thread
You're going nowhere buddy

i cant win then. im f2p only

Thanks dad

god bless

I just started playing a couple weeks ago. Not really sure what I wanta do next desu. Probably do Dragon Slayer.

unless you wanna meet at .g.e in a f2p world and give me it lol

>reddit bookmark
good riddance retard

I meant you're not going to quit

Rate my setup?

When will you have enough GP for that audi

you botting bruh?

>jebrim

>think about playing RS for first time
>shitters like this ruining the game

changed my mind

how much for an acc

I was a purefag that quit back in 2008 after the removal of the wilderness and free trade. Clan wars was pretty fun, particularly the banter, but it wasn't enough for me to stay active. I am glad to see that the game is alive and well.

are you still there

I've tried every world I can at the low level I am.

Could you give me a small loan of 10m pls

>Red p hat

>When a slayer task turns into a life or death in the hood situation

They're worthless now they're only like 20k?

Send help
I can't stop fishing

can you give me some stuff please lol

Good on yah for fighting the shark menace.

But user I've only been fishing sharks since 99
ign?

Honky Wisdom

>Actual Runescape went to shit
>Want to play OSRS but don't want to commit to grinding like the autistic 14 year old with too much time that I once was
help

They completely butchered the aesthetics.
Instead of building on their colored semi-realistic armor and world design, they went full WoW. Even Dragon and Barrows were far more modest than the walking rainbow faggotry that exists.

Remember the statue of Saradomin in Falador? It was a bald dude in robes, humble and good. Now? Flamboyant faggot parading around as edgy-good.

Give in user, you know you can't resist the pull

I'd consider botting if that's a viable approach but jesus christ, I am not grinding out 99 cooking/firemaking/anything like that ever again

I need stuff too
SweatyTowels

Don't fall for it. Its a dead game comprised of ERP faggotry.

>nothing left to do but grind skills for elite diary tasks

Runescape is fun until you run out of actual shit to do

>OP makes a thread to beg for free stuff
>actually gets free stuff
If you're all in such a generous mood throw some my way man.
OppaiDragonx

Just use runemate. its the best one out there

All party hats are pretty much worthless. Last Christmas the mods went crazy and put literally hundreds all over the ground

Hm, I'd actually consider that, thanks

Best memory of this game were in castle wars and clan wars.

>nothing left to do
You only have 1 99 skill

fancy giving me a phat set? heh.

Post Your Doings / Listenings

youtube.com/watch?v=HSH--SJKVQQ

you fucking with me pal? You got a spare green hat?

>items that so rare they cost millions upon millions
>mods decide to fuck all those players over and just drop that shit everywhere
Holy shit i didn't know mods were that stupid.

>Fatigue
What a pain that was.

I only have 1 set. Not giving that fortune away for nothing in return

They did it because it's old school. They're still worth millions in rs3

Doing listening youtube.com/watch?v=f0TojAQp3yE

>osbuddy

It's old school only, dummy. phats are worthless in old school, still very valuable in RS3.

is there any cool cats who wanna fuck stuff up

reminder to join "osg" cc for literally the only good Cred Forums MMO community
youtube.com/watch?v=-wzSETmvLrA

r8 me

Here you go! Wanted to be a pure and follow my friend in PVP but he got hacked and I stopped playing after that, I miss playing with my friends :(

Aren't the ban rate really high for botting on Runescape?

I tried to kill Jad multiple times but it felt like I was fucking dying whenever I got up to him. Stopped playing after that.

>tfw killed him once but didn't switch to protect from melee so the healers killed me before it ended

hi david

not bad.

>1 atk
>1 str
>1 range
>1 magic
>69 def
why would anyone do this to themselves?

this better?

So high people only make suicide bots that only last 24h.

if you bot 24/7 on the same account sure, but avg runescape players only play 2 hours a day.so, you bot one skill to say 10, change skills do the same, change skills do the same. and repeat. and let it run for a while. then after about 2 - 4 hours. log it out.

Do they just trade what they botted during that time to an account that just holds onto everything?

How do you have to patience to train a defense pure?

jagex isn't quite that stupid, they can tell what account you trade the shit too, and they'll just ban that as well chances are.

Drop trade it?

Goals: 60 Strength, 85 Mining.
Then train Magic to whatever.

Rate?

so how's wintertodt m8s?
Ended up getting 87 fm on my 99wc quest and I quit before it even came out.

That's just about the most obvious way of transferring something between accounts you can do

Well it's not like they can log that right?

By doing something far more fun on a main at the same time

I forget what they do exactly, but I remember reading that OSRS "anti-cheat" (if you can call it that) does basically log instances of players receiving or losing large sums of money or valuables for seemingly no reason, which then gets checked by one of the mods.

They only really use it to ban gold buyers and sellers though, but if you're transferring items from a botting account to a main account that's a pretty damning way of proving that both accounts belong to you.

Get your magic to 60~ and prayer to 43 and do barrows minigame

Not him but what if you're drop trading between a main and alt?

all savvy rwters set up rigged duels tho, noone drop trades.
you dont need to drop trade legit now that you can have multiple accounts logged in that are allowed to trade with each other.

I'm not sure exactly since I never hear anyone talking about doing that. I just kind of assume that they don't really care as long as it's legitimate items being moved between legitimate accounts.

I don't even know if that "no interaction between accounts" rule is still a thing.

Either way though, they really only do that to find gold sellers/buyers or to try and find accounts belong to one person in the event of a ban.

wow i just logged into my level 126 main and i'm hacked.

>tfw had the placeholder option set so when you take an item out a ghost version stays
>can see all the items that were taken from my account

at least they let me keep my pet.

>osbotty user
clockwork

Why would they take one whip and not both?

tentacle can't be traded

Nevermind, it's in your inventory

Add me guys if ya want - Agility Plox

I think it was the yahoo hack

they didn't take either of the whips. The tentacle and volcanic whip are untradable. Although you can just wipe off the volcanic mix and sell it, but i guess the hacker was too lazy.

are you gonna be ok?

>not having a Scythe

fucking noobs

Guys! If you type your password, it's automatically starred!

See?

Only if you talk to me when I'm on.

I see you in Talk CC all the time.

of course

Send me a message next time I log on, I'll probably forget to add you - Chaylubb

>rs3
>drawing distance surpasses render scale
stop

what the fuck is going on in the background?

Fuck man i quit a year ago i think had some decent skills/slayer this thread is making me want to start up again is it worth my dudes?

momfker69

I really like vscape

i have no idea, i just installed it to see my Scythe

>using yahoo
>no bank pin
but seriously fuck dude i hate that hacked feel at least you got some skills to make the cash back grind for some boss gear then stake it all YOLO FAGGOT

Idiot, now I have the password to your Cred Forums account.

You're free fool run!

dude what the shit

yeah i suck mad dick at the fire cape i got close once flashed wrong and died got pissed so i paid $10 for a dude in china to get one

>MFW they were legit and they didnt even take my shit.

What's dead can never die.

>rejoined OSRS after quitting in 2011
>some dude gives me 100k out of the blue
>someone else gives me 150k, a full rune set, and a rune scimmy, again out of nowhere
dropped
how am I supposed to play the game if other people are going to play it for me
hell, I'm walking about in my adamantite chain + full helm/legs, and someone notices my peasant gear and gives me a full trimmed set and a heraldic shield.

OOGA BOOGA WHITE BOI GIB THE 14M BOSS OR IMMA FEED MUH BBC

currently playing runescape with a friend atm, going to help him with a quest then explore an island.

i just invest that money into house building, that tends to eat away at my dosh.

my dude gets banned byj agex for RWT an hour later

>What Runescape Taught Me
-Real friends don't lead friends into the wild
-Good things come to those who wait
-Quests don't have to be collect 5 (insert random item here)
-Always be kind to new players as they were kind when you were new
-Internet fights are pointless
-The journey is the reward
-All the money in the world won't make you happy
-How to multitask efficiently at a young age
-How to screw people over

thats the cool shit about rs and wow i sometimes get rune drops from slayer so i just log into f2p and do mad secret millionaire shit and give them it if i think they deserve it.

play vscape instead

V scape is trash

>playing a non-official game
>playing a game that doesn't get updates and patches
>playing a game with 25 people on it
nah

OSRS has the GE making it more garbage then vscape ever could be

Reminds me of pic related

i need to do dragon slayer before i can wear that plate mail.

>Hating on GE meme
Maybe find something actually bad to hate

>feature that killed off a massive part of runescape gameplay and player interaction
>not bad

Have fun with your shitty opinions.

>it's good because I say it's good
nu-runescape player, everyone

I was there when they introduced GE, removed the wilderness, and stopped free trade. But you can call me new if you want to.

>They remind me of old school point and click adventures.
This is exactly the mentality that people ought to have when they play this game

Removing the wilderness and putting a cap on free trade was a huge setback but the G.E. is fine

I just wish Ironman mode let you trade with other Ironmen only

>was around since Classic
>enjoyed the GE
>enjoyed when revenants replaced wilderness PKing because it let me do clue scrolls with ease
I can't deny that 07scape is socially dead as fuck now, though

Hey guys,
For some reason this post was on the front page of Cred Forums.. I really only venture /fit/ and Cred Forums sometimes but I do need some friends for OSRS as none of my IRL friends play runescape anymore. My username is "D2 D2" so yeah add me or some shit

>the exact kind of cancer that stayed after GE

what do your thoughts matter on anything?

This. Don't people realize that getting good gear out of their hard work is more rewarding than having some fag unload their wealth onto you?

>spamming sell offers or trading other spammers
>"""""""""""""massive""""""""""" part of runescape gameplay

>literally one message per trade
>"thx"
>"""""""""""""""massive"""""""""""""" part of player interaction
m8...

>randomly have thoughts about playing
>been busy with school and life nowadays
>realize that every time I buy a bond I just play for like 3 days and waste the other 11

>wasting hours idling in a trade world with an auto-typer on top of grinding for five eons
this nigga knows whats up

Interface system is completely customizable
Got a new client this year with much better draw distance and shadows
Combat now has abilities, in addition to special attacks. Abilities are basic, threshold (use 50% of energy you build up) and ultimates (use 100%). You can use old style combat (legacy, point and click), revolution (autofires a rotation of basic you have set up, you have to manually trigger other useful abilities), and full manual.
Abilities added a lot of variation to combat, group bosses with more dedicated roles while still letting you do slayer etc pretty effortless without clicking.
I enjoy it, but I can see why others dont. It is miles better than the launch of the combat update at least.

Post your favorite Runescape track
youtube.com/watch?v=iPgtC8RddZQ
Ian Taylor was a fucking god.

>tfw going for 200m WC xp without botting at all

so comfy

Maybe I'd be ok with the GE if the world was still full of active players and it didn't feel like a wasteland.

There's only like 300 people per world these days, instead of 1500+, and they just sit at the GE and do nothing. It's shit.

The game gets boring if you have that much cash at a low level

i've seen on average 800ish people in most worlds.

It's insane that one man composed 99% of the tracks in this game and that almost all are great
youtube.com/watch?v=xB3Ut3IGqcM

When did this
youtube.com/watch?v=IA1uuzemD0A
become THIS?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOaa9NVUJe0

we posting shitty rs3 music?

youtu.be/j0QqDdoHpjw

Nah. I know how much time it takes and how much money it takes to get back to the levels I previously had. Everything i've been given is being used.

Same. I miss the good old days where I can play all day instead of waiting till the weekend.

>youtube comments actually like it
>favorable like/dislike ratio
just end my life
why did I have to be born non-normie
ignorance is bliss

youtube.com/watch?v=eRAEpWP7Rm8

I find new music to be generally good, but sometimes they do a rework that misses completely.
Some of the ones I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=0IIz-9gB5Uc
youtube.com/watch?v=XuyMLoeba5s
youtube.com/watch?v=iLk95kPir9s
youtube.com/watch?v=jLhv584_a3w
youtube.com/watch?v=hGH6EQdRF2w

Some of the reworks are good in their own right like autumn villageyoutube.com/watch?v=YLLvD-sFNfk

Yew logs or Swordfish for F2P money making?

neither really

if you can try to telegrab zammy wines for your first bond

yews crashed hard recently due to the new skilling boss, wintertodt

Never actually tried zammy wines expecting too many bots

how much does that sell for? i feel stupid cause i dropped one of those.

1.8k a pop

ign?

Decided to play again after a runescape song ended up in my recommended videos on youtube. Got hit with nostalgia hard. Preparing myself for the nostalgia goggles to break. Why was the music in this game so good?

>playing through all f2p content with friend
>their hacker given perma ban from janurary just got them banned from OSRS after we've been playing for 3 days

i dunno, but it just is.

It's good video game music because it deftly conjures up a very specific feeling within very little space. It's also aided by the fact that music was originally tied to a geographical area, and therefore the association between the music and the area gave each a stronger character and sense of place.

Are you implying that vscape has all content that osrs has? Because I see that they are getting updates, hell they have like 60 quests implemented. I hear grumblings that construction is on it's way too.

>playing osrs
>not Cred Forumsscape with other virgins

It's like you don't even want to have fun

Does it have free membership?

This thread is making me play again :)

It has meme spouting faggots, that should be enough for you to decide.

yes, thats kind of the entire point

>Cred Forumsscape with other virgins
that is precisely why I DON'T fucking play it, you mong

Sold.

>>not even 70 base

wew

So I posted this in the general but I got fucked and someone chargebacked 310 worth of coins, I emailed Jagex about it; are they actually going to undo it or am I stuck paying for it?

>not playing deadman mode
What's your excuse?

You're fucked.

what is it?

clans control everything
chargebacked?

What are the coins for?

>not playing vscape
>playing (actually paying for) votescape
>the game that jagex left in the hands of redditors and 12 year olds

how is anyone this retarded, osrs will be rs3 without EOC in a matter of months

Basically someone hacked my account, bought some shit and then canceled the payment on the card

>hacked

loving every laugh

Wow, devious. Jagex probably won't give a fuck.
Will they just shut you down if you refuse payment then?

>playing Cred Forumsscape
>playing old school
>playing rs3
>playing anything in between
the game you knew and loved is dead and never coming back. why even wallow in the remnants, here in 2016.

It's a members game mode in certain worlds on OSRS. You gain 10 times the normal rate of xp, and most of the world is pvp zones with no level limit on who you can attack. If you kill someone they drop a key that you can use to access their bank and claim their ten most valuable items. High risk and high reward, almost like a badass private server. You can't trade players anymore though so you have to use the GE and you start from the beginning. When you died you lose some xp in your stats too. At the end of each season the top thousand players get to participate in a tournament to win $10,000.
You might think I'm fucking with you but I swear it's true. This season just started Saturday and its hella fun

Tried to log in for the first time in years and it won't let me. Due to the chargeback I essentially have a negative jcoins balance

the whole point of Cred Forumsscape is to bring that back. People just can't take the grind anymore.

Prove if you think I'm fucking with you:
runescape.com/oldschool/deadman

You have to be a member to play it though

What's the best way for a f2p noob to make cash?

Maybe you should get a job

>playing anything ever

whats the fucking point??? ur just gonna die anyway lol

>uses an 8 hour old thread to shit on someone

Get a life m8

>ask you to get a job so you can make money since it's a good financial investment
>tells me to get a life instead
Is this what this board has succumbed to??

this gaem is a grind

kill cows

>February 22, 2005 - Southern Misthalin (Lumbridge/Draynor) graphical update
>September 26, 2005 - Southern Asgarnia (Port Sarim/Rimmington/Thurgo's Peninsula) graphical update
>February 20, 2006 - Northern Asgarnia (Falador/Barbarian Village/Dark Wizard's Tower/Draynor Manor/Goblin Village) graphical update
>April 24, 2006 - Wilderness graphical update
>May 31, 2006 - Interface changed, Combat level moved to Combat Style tab and Quest Points moved to Quest tab
>August 29, 2006 - Demons/Dragons/Giants graphics changed
>September 26, 2006 - Interface changed, similar look but with different icons and the equipment window.
>September 27, 2006 - Lumbridge Swamps graphics changed
>October 2, 2006 - Elemental graphics changed
>October 18, 2006 - Rats/Bats/Bears graphics changed
>November 21, 2006 - Imp graphics changed
>December 5, 2006 - Sheep/Spiders graphics changed
>January 22, 2007 - Ghosts/Skeletons/Zombies graphics changed
>March 20, 2007 - Dorgeshuun Goblins added
>March 20, 2007 - Cows/Chickens/Rabbits graphics changed
>April 18, 2007 - Wilderness ditch added
>April 24, 2007 - Surface Goblins graphics changed to match the Dorgeshuun
>May 8, 2007 - Small Spiders/Kalphites/Scorpions/Metal Dragons graphics changed
>May 29, 2007 - Varrock/Jolly Boar Inn/Lumber Yard/Mining spots graphics changed
>June 4, 2007 - Werewolves/Wolves/Dogs graphics changed
>June 18, 2007 - Cyclopes graphics changed
>August 6, 2007 - Interface changed again with the release of Clan Chat, same icons as the previous version but with a different frame
>August 10, 2007 - Oldschool RS cutoff point
>October 2, 2007 - Edgeville graphical update marks completion of the two and a half year long F2P graphical overhaul

>Call game Oldschool
>Use all the new graphics

Most of the graphical updates were good

Well remember these guys? They still look the same in OSRS...

...but RS3 just fucked they're shit up

>wonder why all my farm runs are so cucked by holding a dramen staff
>realize a quest in after 2007scape, Fairytale III, let you use fairy rings without a staff
>they fucking tie this to a hard/elite achievement diary in old school

Grey fally was the best

Nah, white fally is more unique

'07 Varrock update is one of my favorite of all time (except for the dumb fountain and guards)

not sure if i should get back on the grind

Don't just run you're fucking free of this game.

Don't start, you can't stop

I hope you both can escape and join me someday.

RUN ESCAPE

Maybe he should Run&escape

>tfw they turned the dagannoth kings into fucking street sharks

This was the best. Just fishing for Lobs for hours on end so I can get into the fishing guild. Just chilling and talking. I don't know what happened to online games but during the mid 2000's they were definitely at their peak since everyone actually talked to one another and interacted

>April 18, 2007 - Wilderness ditch added

God i remembered when they added this...it made pking a lot less fun

Fishing and cooking are still the best skills. People actually talk

>2016 osrs
>go to barbarian village river fishing spot in f2p
>Cred Forums memers talking non-stop memes
I fucked outta there.

>stealing my look

>those iron cuffs
>can't get rid of them in OSRS
prisoner for life nyigga

>low level new account after downloading OSR for some nolstalgia
>mining in free desert mine area
>level 54 shows up to mine as well
>I go up a level
>"mining lvl?"
>"8"
>nice
>he goes up a level
>"mining lvl?"
>"35"
>"nice"
>continue for hours

That's legitimately a reason that I like members better. It weeds out the loser neets. You still get stupid Cred Forumsirgins but at least there's less of them.

>Level up
>40 people say "Gz" in the chat
>mfw

Do people still play this?

C..can I play it with you?

Jesus christ, I looked it up and that's terrible. I don't mind the world getting an overhaul but most of the model updates were absolute shit. The low polygon models just had way more of an effect than the goofy shit we have now.

afew people do, granted i'm taking a break from playing it tonight.

Bugs the fuck out of me that the common metal armors were special snowflake'd into overdesigned pieces of shit.

Add me, I'm gonna start playing again soon
Ign Chaylubb

Let me update that to 2016

>mining peacefully in the Motherlode Mine
>some guy with lower mining comes into the spot I was grinding and starts mining
>there's a free area 2 ft to the north of me but he still comes to my exact vein
>he says"botter"
>i say "can you move to the other space that is open?"
>"fuck you fgit get rekt kid" in reply
>look up his mining level using OSbuddy
>lvl 76 mining trying to crash me (lvl 95)
>iknowwherethisisgoing.jpg
>proceed to just hop worlds to find an empty spot

I cant use my current account in current RS on OSRS, can I? I see these threads all the time and feel the nostaliga, but have little desire to make a new character

Nope

do you know what the fuck /vg/ is?
There's a general there for discussing OSRS content
In fact, there's three different RuneScape Generals for three different reasons
There's no need to post another one on Cred Forums

Really the simplicity just worked, the game lost its charm and sense of mystery as it updated models/graphics.

I wouldnt say "loads", but when I was on a few months ago there were quite a few people having random convos.
GE has a bunch of people to talk to, and it's always fun messing with firemakers by planting flowers in their path or closing the door at the Al Kharid smith house. Good times.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON A VIDEO GAME BOARD

Same account? YES.
Same character? NO.

You can use the same account for RS3 and OSRS. It's just that if you login to AnonRS992 on OSRS you have level 1's in everything. Your account is not your character.

>was going to stop playing for the night
>decide i'm going to sell the bows i made

i can't stop.

turns out someone somehow got my password and somehow got me negative jcoins or whatever they're called so I guess i'm done with this game.

>sell the bows
>now have money to train another skill that nets money
>rinse and repeat

The ride never ends.

>grind saltpetres for Hosidius house favor
>finally get enough to make 100% favor
>turn in
>Hosidius now at 100%
>60% Arcceus favor gone
>20% Shayzian favor gone
>all of it gone and I have to grind it all back
FUCK WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME

Any feedback from Jagex on this?

is zeah fixed yet

nope i literally didn't play for 4 days come back and it says i my accounts been locked, i'm pretty triggered right now.

I did the same.
>they added some dumb way to lock your house favor anyway so making you lose favor is fucking pointless and annoying

Is Zulrah* fixed yet?

You can email them and it'll get sorted out rather quickly. I do not know which specific email, but I'd just try one of their support emails on their main site.

This has happened to a rather large number of inactive RS accounts. They have been pretty good about fixing it. They review your case: see where you used to play; see where the purchases originated from (it'll clearly be different); and fix it up.

>tfw beating elvarg on a 33 att/30 str pure in f2p
adamant swords and lobsters OP

anyone have an account they want to give away? used to play back in the mid 2000s and quit after they fucked the wilderness up, kind of want to get back into it but don't feel like starting from nothing

I want to play but I don't recognise anything anymore. Is Zeah useful for early levelling or should I just carry on my journey of doing all the quests and then going from there?

Recover them both.

i feel like zeah is only good once you get like 30-40's level'd in the stats it gains.

Not him, but can you recover accounts you gave away? Do I just need to know the original email and password when I gave it away?

holy shit, at least you got some human interaction
all I've found is the other guy being quiet the entire time, or he runs up to the rock I'm at and hops worlds

i talk sometimes, but i'm shy.

sometimes i just say what i'm doing to see if i get a convo.

C-Can we be shy together senpai?

Useful things:

Woodcutting guild (+7 invisible boost to woodcut, stacks with +3 from daxe)

Active farming training method (like a minigame that gives good farming xp so you can actually grind farming instead of just waiting for trees)

Arcceus spellbook (for prayer training and a whole line of teleports including teleport to Barrows)

Blast Mining (decent mining xp)

Sand Crabs (ez early level cb training)

Kourend Catacombs (think chaos tunnels in RS3, but multi and with additional chance of getting stuff to make a neat sword. Has literally every notable slayer monster in it)

Kourend Catacombs Tele (tele straight to the catacombs which makes slayer ez)

Lizardmen (drops ranarr and snap seeds. EZ afkable slay task)

Lizard Shaman (drops a 80mil warhammer)

some other dumb shit.

s-sure i suppose?

Sire is sleepy...please be quiet around it!

i dunno what this is but it looks horrifying.

>be mining in motherlode bored as fuck
>just say dumb ass shit to get a response
>"C A L L I N G"
>"A L L"
>"F R E A K S"
>and then people speaking broken english get angry for some reason

!!!

WAKE UP SIRE

It's the abyssal sire. You can only fight it if you have an abyssal demon or sire slayer task. It's a solo boss with 3 phases, and it can drop an unsired (1/100 chance), which can give you a chance of getting abyssal weapons.

whew, there's alot i never really did in the past.

oh god its worse when its awake.

I received this email last week. Is it legit or a scam?

What's the worst skill to train and why is it runecrafting?

Old screen, but still relevant.

It's not AFKable so I don't like training it on my alt, and it's just awful enough that I don't ever want to train it for my main when I could do so many other entertaining things in the world.

atleast runecrafting is pretty nice

firecrafting is bottom tier skill to train imo, atleast its easy.

Call and find out, ya dipshit.

>Did the Christmas quest on multiple accounts because A Friend told me to
>Now have like 5 Party Hat sets

thanks you lithuanian

you make one gorillion gold for a few hours work though
can literally buy bonds for years with the mad fucking wealth you get

Is RC really that good for money?

This is its final form.

The boss was added to OSRS but it wasn't in any version of Runescape previous to this. OSRS has diverged from the old Runescape updates and does their own unique content/areas.

maybe in 2007 kek

I think nats are over 1mil/hour and double nats are insane money. But it comes at the cost of carpal tunnel and wrist/hand pain.

92 RC for double nats tho, holy fuck that.

Thank god for ZMI and Blood/Souls.
Poor Autism Elegy can cry all he wants

That little bald headed bastard.

i admit i'm pretty impressed by this.

i don't see myself doing this anytime soon.

This desu. Whiny bitches can stfu already about muh devalued skill. Bitches let Zulrah and improved Slayer droptables with noted skilling items out the fucking wazoo. NMZ+Zulrah+Slayer droptable buffs combined devalued more than 25% of all activities in runescape.

OS was fun while it lasted. Haven't played in like a year.

Got pic related and never actually got a whip drop. Kind of funny.

>everyone wears that awful graceful set

Runecrafting is a hard skill because its a poorly designed one. Fixing the skill is only necessary.

here's an idea, what if you actually gained exp per rune crafted, instead of just the 28 you fill your inventory with?

Okay what in the flying fuck is going on here. Who would think that shit is good battle music at all?

yooo a little late but whatever

post names for free shit/gp

OppaiDragonx

PaizuriPro

Why the fuck do you have two dragon scimmys?

Nigga, it's called having a placeholder. So it stays in the same place in the bank when you withdraw your d scimmy.
Were you too poor for placeholders or what?

Thanks again for the money bro almost got enough for that bond now.

>RS3
no wonder you have no friends

I found both of them, and two of the axes, on the ground outside catherby

Ah, sorry. Just realized what this thread is. I'm playing the wrong scape to be posting. Thanks bruv.

Dude's level 1 attack. And I never did that because it was easy to find stuff anyways. Waste of money.

Dang, that's really lucky dude. Cheers!

Your stats aren't that high. You should just suck it up and reroll.

Pic related. OSRS is a lot more active on a regular basis instead of just logging in for the RS3 dailies.

Yeah except I can't really do anything with them lol

I'll probably wait for someone to beg and then I'll give them up.

How about you sell them?

I can't believe I used to watch PK vids

youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3qlHFQvKs

youtube.com/watch?v=H24wZj-oxoo

youtube.com/watch?v=8iRoVTGVGbs

It was fun watching Maikel Pro, and other players such as Kids Ranqe or Purple 0wnz. These players inspired me to spend countless hours leveling my main and various PK alt accounts, so many memories from this game. I wish I could play runescape for the first time again or turn back time.

Yep pretty much

i give away stuff all the time. its no big deal

>he screenshots his charities
how selfless of you

That's a lot of money. It takes hours of hard work to get 100k. Wouldn't you screenshot yourself being the Bill Gates of osrs?

PETES MEAT
E
T
E
S

M
E
A
T

What should I do

Ask everyone what their < levels are

Does it really take hours to get 100k in F2P?

Holy shit that's suffering. Members is 1000x better.

You should CERTAINLY not be fishing sharks brudder. It's shit fish xp and bad gp/hour.

Get Piscatoris unlocked from the Swan Song quest and go fish Monkfish for days. It's decent xp/h, AFKable, and more gp/h than sharks too.

Whatever you want. Quests if you haven't done any. Break up your grind.

I'm lazy though, and I can AFK this without having to quest.

>51k online

Yea One Small Favour was annoying af, but it's req for so much content in OSRS. It's nice to get the big quests off the check list.

That 51k is BOTH RS3 and OSRS too

How's the population for OSRS?

More than 50% of the entire RS population is on OSRS. It's constantly at rates like thisOut of ~51k players, about ~27k will be on OSRS. Their main website misleads you to think RS3 has more players when in fact that's the TOTAL number of players on all Jagex's hosted Runescapes.

>Clue Scroll requires a quest to access the area

I remember why it was sitting in my bank

Legend's Quest? Worth it for the cape if you're at that level.

>step 6 on an elite clue
>need to do great brain robbery and most of the quests before it.