I think we can all agree no one is realistically excited about this anymore, but do you think it will ever happen?

I think we can all agree no one is realistically excited about this anymore, but do you think it will ever happen?

i dont care about game tbqh, maybe that portal movie will tell us something new about hl

I'm sort of hoping valve will jump the bandwagon with the movie and actually release either HL3 or Portal 3. Just to see what the result will be.

I replayed episode 2 again like 4 weeks ago and that strider battle was pretty good, the ending was sad and I still want my episode 3. I know it won't happen but I still want to play it dammit.

REALISTICALLY excited? I don't sit around shaking for HL3 to come out nor believe that it could come out at any minute...

but I'm still excited and wish it would come out.

>it's going to be one of those threads where people spend ages arguing whether or not they would be excited for a hypothetical game where they have no idea what's in it, what it would do that's new, or what it would be like at all

Who knows what they have planned now, but a few years ago someone confirmed they were going to make the next entry in the HL universe Half Life 3, not an episode.

But like I said, that was ages ago so who knows what will happen.

Reminder that HL1 and 2 suck as games by themselves. Neither did anything original or new at the time. Mods are what carried it into the meme popularity it has today.

How many of you were around for this, Cred Forums?

No.

You must be at least 25 to comment on this subject

Confirmed underage.

What's it like to be 15? I wanna remember.

I still have a bunch of games in my steam list I haven't touched since getting achievements for that potato hunt.

I woke up at 7 when Portal 2 came out earlier, and spent various hours playing KF2 and racking the money for the potato (I ended up cheating to get that one though).

They missed their opportunity to integrate it with VR at launch.
So it will be nothing.

>muh generic alien shooter

Why don't you guys tell us some new and original things either game did at the time?

I dont really care if you say they suck as games, hey thats your opinion. But damn everything after that is some dumbass shit

>inb4 b8

At this point I feel as if they should give some sort of announcement to everyone.

I want them to at least let us know if its still in the works. Whether or not HL3 is in development, it can at least give closure to all of us some closure as well as help to move on, plus it wouldn't drastically change anyone else's viewpoint to the company and their games in the long run.

Personally I don't think it's in development. Years have gone by and we have heard of no official information regarding its production. Too many rumors, supposed ARGs, and false claims have come and gone for a decade, and none of them have proven squat about the "second coming of Christ." as of right now the supposed game is just fan fuel to keep Valve more relevant than it already is with their cash-grab games and marketing methods.

I'll believe it when Valve themselves announce that it's happening.

23 years on the internet and I can still get hurt.

>At this point I feel as if they should give some sort of announcement to everyone.
that would be actually the worst thing they could've done.

hype would go into overdrive the first week and that's without any corporate shilling made by valve just their drones and bandwagon normalfags.

valve has been putting out low effort shit for the last 5 years, i doubt they have anyone competent enough on the team to put together a product that will live up to the hype in any way.

a low key release would hurt them less if the game turned out to be a dissapointment.
from then they could just continue shitting out low hats and knives

I'm not a big Half-Life fan, never have been, but I do commiserate with the fanbase on how poorly they've been treated.

That being said, you're, at best, dense as fucking shit if you're still holding onto any hope of future anything HL related happening ever again (merchandising tie ins with other horseshit don't count).

I just hope they have the same kind of achievements
>STAY ON THE CAR YOU SHIT HEAD

I dont give a shit about innovation, i just want the story to conclude.

eh.