Game actually DOES get good 20 hours in

>game actually DOES get good 20 hours in

>what people tell themselves when they spend 60 dollars on one mans lie

>buying any game for 60 bucks
>ever

most srpgs that aren't fire emblem are like that

Like Monster Hunter or something?

yeah I was talking about FFTA2 in the OP. you know your shit user.

>game gets good 2 minutes in
>game gets bad 1 hour in

STALKER

>game is pretty shit throughout
>ending actually redeems it
fucking Witcher

>Game gets progressively worse as it goes on

>finding someone who also likes gintama

MGS2

>Guild Wars starts players in a lush and green tutorial world then literally nukes it into a brown wasteland and players quite before passing this first district and 20 hour mark
It's a good game but tries to alienate new players on purpose

xenoblade chronicles x?

Fucking Trails SC.
>first half of the game is pure filler
>4-5th sixths is all over the place
>final chapter is pure bliss and the best part of any jrpg i've ever played, completely redeeming the game

Faggot, Gintama is one of the most popular anime ever made.

>game is irredeemably shit for the most part but has evenly spaced out moments of perfection that keep you playing

>not having taste

well apparently no one else i know who watches anime HAS FUCKING SEEN IT

Darksiders
>2 hours in and its already repetitive and boring
>10 minutes before the very end the story you've been ignoring catches on
>fucking chills after the final cutscene

>Not having my taste
Fixed.

every jrpg

>underage

>sucks massive cock
does the meme arrow make it true
probably

>being a rational person
Why do you think MGS2 gets progressively worse, again?

>muh super sekkrit animaymay xD
>it's literally in the top 3 of Myanimelists ranking, the normiest ranking of all time

I couldn't do it.

It was hour after hour of side quest filler crap.

change good with amazing and only then would would i give a game that takes that long to get good a shot

Mount & Blade

>game is good
>mandatory patch
>game is ruined

>Implying the Searing wasn't a great way to up the ante and get people emotionally invested

Half of my old guild mates still refuse to play a
Charr in GW2 because of that shit.

Man this game was a trip.

>wasting 20 hours just to have fun in a vidya game

shoulda made 300 more threads just like this one instead.

Any game that takes 20 hours before it picks up isn't a good game, and never will be.

That's a disaster.

witcher 3 and xenoblade chronicles for me

>game didn't get good
>had nothing better to do anyway

Oh, I wasn't that user.

>Game is pretty fucking amazing all the way through, but certain parts of it are so ridiculously good they're more memorable than the ending

I remember getting stuck on a shitty quest with what I remember to be a giant sand crab that was bullshit

was that hard, or was 15 year old me just bad?

I bought into the hype and got mgsv day one edition, never again will i spend my hard earned cash on a full price game (I did have fun for ~80 hours tho)

>game starts to get bad 200 hours in...

Odd because it made me want to play a Charr in GW2, but I dropped it anyway because the armor all look like SHIT.

>Game is shit from the beginning but you just can't stop playing

>game starts after 200 hour long tutorial

>game is not what they advertised and the dev was never heard from again

>game has been patched so many times that what few redeeming aspects it did have at launch have been altered to an unrecognizable state

>tfw I didn't know about it when I started GW years ago

Searing gave me ptsd

advance wars?

>Hold button to crouch
>Aim toggles

>game never gets good but you still like it for some reason

no it actually is pretty hard, as a lot of things can go wrong pretty quickly in that boss fights. there's basically only 1 way to do it, which is to use units with counter and just stand next to it so you attack when the RNG gods are smiling and he uses his normal attack and not his "attack + heal" attack.

>Game is really fun and addictive
>Play it too much and get burned out

>prologue/intro level is the best looking one, all the others look like shit

The wildest of rides

ni no kuni?

Paladins Beta patch 34 made me stop playing it.

wew, i never noticed the embryo in the spire. what the fuck does that mean?

>Not spoilering that shit
The fuck are you doing faggot.

I bought both Darksiders games on sale months after they came out and I honestly can't fucking tell you anything about either game. I vaguely remember liking the Horseman concept and sorta remember Satan being a bad guy or something, but beyond that I legitimately have no clue what happened in either game.

The Witcher?

AKA Terraria Syndrome.

Are you saying that because FE never gets good or because it's good from the get go?

I don't know, I was absolutely hooked into that game after the first twenty minutes or so. I just needed to see the fucking polyhedron appearing from the mist on the first day and I knew this is going to be fun. And it was. Well... not fun. But Pathologic style entertainment.

One day I'll start Pathologic back up again. I stopped like on day 7 or 8 of Bachelor, but I remember the widespread praise for it once you got like further then 1/4 of the way though, which is where I dropped it.

I fully expect to pick it back up for the remake at least.

>game tricks you into changing your mind by making the midpoint the best part

Play the Changeling route too you casual
It's Simon's Soul waiting to be able to become he Udurgh

I think you dropped just at the moment when shit really starts to hit the fan. But day 7/8 is more than 1/4th of the game (well, more than 1/4th of the single campaing). The game ends at day 12, which is pretty much a closure day, so that is 11 days of regular playthrough. You were well beyond half of that.

how could one man play all three? it took me like 54 hours of pain just to do the Bachelor.

FE is either good from the start or extremely shit from start to finish. Like, excluding the boring 2 minutes long tutorial chapters.

>54 hours
Shit nigger what are you doing
It didn't take me longer than 30-something hours
Also once you learn all the tricks you can break the game pretty easily

Same here. I tried so hard to do everything right, to the point of granny saving, since I hear you can fuck yourself over if you don't manage supplies right. Then I ended up burning out on day 7. I want to pick it up again but I know I won't remember a lot of important stuff so I'll have to start all over again.

Maybe I'll just play the remake...

I used a guide just to know which NPCs to talk to to begin a quest-chain and it took me just over 30 hours. Game isn't nearly as difficult as people want to make you believe, not if you've been playing games for a long while.

I hope there's some console command to increase your walk speed. Planning on doing Haruspex next and I just can't stand that walking speed for another 25+ hours.

Yeah, Pathologic is a game that you either play in essentially one prolonged sitting, or you probably won't finish it at all. I know that when I finished it, I had to play it every day for over a week.

When I started a new playthrough as Haruspex, it took one damn distraction for a couple of days and I could not bring myself back to it again.

This happens to me more often the I would like to admit

Stop playing charr.

>game ends an hour after it gets good

i did it without a guide and saved every adherent so it took me a lot of running around making sure absolutely everyone was okay and didn't need anything every single day.

>enjoy game for 100 hours
>patch makes game stop working and it keeps crashing
>can't enjoy it anymore
And that's why games get negative reviews with high play time. I really do wish Armello on ps4 would work, though.

theres a lot of games like this

stuff like fighting games, monster hunter, 4x and grand strategy games. Some things take time in order for you to appreciate them. You shouldnt shut yourself out of things because you want instant gratification.

I've found 6 druids, Is that all of them?

Witcher 1

and killer queen in the eye

When I first picked up Monster Hunter I hated it. My cousin told me to stick with it for another couple hours, and I am glad I did. Started with FU, played 5 hours, and trudged through and right after around 18 hours of having no idea what I was doing, it just clicked and became one of my favorite franchises.

Since then I've poured at LEAST 200 hours into each installment. Including the JP ones only, thanks to 3DS homebrew.

Destiny? The moments of perfection being the raids and seeing some planets / encountering enemy races for the first time.

Suikoden V.

I like it, though.

I'm 26 and the first time I ever actually got around to watching it was on a buddy's weekly stream. I catch episodes here and there, and I like it, but I don't quite feel the draw to watch the whole thing, y'know?

Well, the main story doesn't really improve any.
However, the sidequests that open up completely redeem the game from its lacklustre main story.

Hitler's in the background, too.

>game has an exciting, gripping opening
>about an hour in, you get to the proper game
>it's just not as good as the beginning, so you keep playing through only in hopes of another sequence as good as the start
>it never comes

guess the game

Not Monster Hunter?

Every 3-4 months, I sit down for a 60 hour solo Terraria session.

It is hell trying to find someone to duo with though.

Valkyrie profile

when the intro finally ends

Monster Hunter

bayonetta?

MGSV?

Pretty much mount and blade. Its merely okay at first, perhaps boring to some but once you really get into the bigger shit its amazing.

>Suikoden 5

Yeah took me a while to get over the graphics and the realisation there is no actual sized consistent game world per se, just instances.
After that, it never let's you go, though.

Yeah, it is pretty dumb. If you wait you can get games for less than half of that with all the dlc and bugs fixed.

Oh Guybrush, you are so wise.

>action game has puzzle elements
>suck ass at puzzles
>the puzzles cause way more anxiety than the action

That is literally almost every visual novel ever.

Final Fantasy 13 I guess?

Though I fucking hated the thing and when it wanted to make me grind in the open area I dropped that shit.

Words to live by

My usual method was to just get a shitton of classes that learn Air Render and spam it since that fag was weak to wind. Worked out pretty well.

>Game does gets good but not good enough to justify 20 hours of boringness

Not exactly
Tanker > Arsenal Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big Shell

That reminds me, I wanted to replay MH4U

VP was great for me from start to end. That fucking atmosphere.

I think it may be my favorite game of all time.

I like how tough most open world games/RPGs are at the beginning. The first few hours are always the best since you're underpowered or scrounging for cash anencephaly resources. Like clockwork, the game then shits the bed and gives you too much at once.

The Phantom Pain

Your loss pleb

why look at the past?

I'm glad I started with Factions.

Tsugumi's route was the only one I ended up playing, ended up feeling a little flaccid after it. Are the other routes better/does it pick up/does it blow your mind much later?

>tfw finally getting gud at dorf fort

fucking Might & Magic 6, man

the earlygame is filled with pain and suffering, but then you are rewarded with the coolest fucking dungeons ever seen in a videoagame

>looking like you've pissed yourself repeatedly

yeah holy shit Tactics Ogre is one of my favorite games ever but early game is such a fucking chore

reddit get the fuck out

>Terraria Syndrome
Oh that's quite a fitting name
I don't think there's anything that can help me not start wanting to kill myself few hours after playing terraria again despite how much i love it and how much i want to just replay and enjoy it again. Dumb fucking human brain

Name one, and the super ebin "le FFXIII gets good 20 hours in1!!" meme doesn't count.

>First half of the game is amazing
>Last half is absolute dogshit

wow no

do you really like scripted shit that much. it was nice for what it was but you're talking about a hugely gameplay-first game here

Unless you "found" E17 by yourself accidentally and just decided to play it because you liked cover art you should know that it's played specifically for the last route, everything else is an apperitif. And yes it's a fucking brainrotting slog
So stop pretending dude

>game is good from the start

I find games like XCOM to be that way. Once I'm halfway through a campaign and have better tech fighting bigger and better enemies, it finally becomes super fun