What is the best Souls game and why is it Demon's Souls ?

What is the best Souls game and why is it Demon's Souls ?

>why is it Demon's Souls ?
Because it was the original vision. That vision being a spiritual successor to the King's Field games, while also bringing some new things to the table (invasions and co-op).

Dark Souls was in turn a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. And Bloodborne a spinoff of Demon's/Dark. With each iteration, the original vision gets more distorted. Kind of like saving a jpeg over and over.

I liked the multiplayer in Dark Souls the best though.

>distorted

or improved? do you know how iteration actually works, sperg?

amosphere, character and story and level wise, probably dark souls 3. it was a nice combination of the best parts of the previous 3.

combatwise in general, dark souls 1 because it had better animations that felt weighty, and it was generally tight in that regard.

pvp, probably dark souls 2 because it's the only fucking thing they kind of got right in that game.

boss design and personality go to DeS though.

>dark souls 2 is bad

when will this meme end

its not really a meme, ds2 is the objective worse dark so9uls. Its still pretty ok tho

ds3 is good

It's literally not a meme
You disagreeing with something does not make it a meme

here's a fun little exercise for you
Play Dark Souls 3.
Then open up and play Dark Souls 1.
Then try playing Dark Souls 2 for more than ten minutes.

I'll wait.

Dark Souls 3 is a piece of shit with absolutely zero replay value.

>Oh shit Souls games are getting mainstream
>How am I supposed to remain a special snowflake?
>Oh, I know! I'll pretend I'll like the worst game haha that'll show them :o)

Stupid fucking Cred Forumsirgin contrarians

>play dark souls 3
one time, then never open it again. Meanwhile while Dark souls 2 was objectively the worst, it had the most replay-ability despite SM fuckery. Ironic no?

a certain doujin starring yuria the witch solidified demons souls as my favorite souls game

these guys get it

and you're both missing the point so hard it's fucking sad

go on...

That's exactly the order in which I played those games. I've since deleted DS2 from my account after they wouldn't give the refund.

>Tower Knight
>Killing anyone

If you died to Tower Knight even once you should probably just neck yourself.

I'm probably biased because I played Demon's Souls first. I think that each Dark Souls game has, structurally, been an improvement on the last one, albiet with DS2 having kinda terrible level design.

But when I played Demon's Souls that style of gameplay was fairly new to me because I hadn't played King's Field or anything. It was tense and exciting, I had to really figure out how this system works, and the sense of mystery was great. It was a breath of fresh air I needed at the period where shit was getting more and more casual.

So I got Dark Souls and it was great, but having already learned the system in Demon's Souls I just kinda rocked the first few areas and the first couple bosses. I didn't die very often until later on in the game. I had already learned basically what to expect, it was just arranged in a different pattern. It also didn't have many "OH FUCK" moments like Tower of Latria 1 or Flamelurker.

What I'm saying is, whichever game you played first will probably be your favorite. Even if others improve on things mechanically nothing will trump the sense of mystery and excitement your first one gave you.

We didn't all follow a youtube let's player like you

DaS1>DeS>BB>DaS2>DaS3

BB > DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

Is there a way to fix the stuttering on ds3s pc port? It's gotten me killed a few times now but the games still fun

Bloodborne is shit m8.
Great action game, subpar RPG, playthroughs don't really feel all that different.

>DaS3 > DeS

found the babbyborne

Its really not unless you have a huge hardon for atmosphere and boletaria.

Its the weakest game by a wide margin.

He's so fucking slow you literally can see him attack, go make a sandwich come back and walk 3 steps to the right.

No excuses.

I liked Demons Souls the best because the passive multiplayer was used more, and cleverly ala the Old Monk for example, things were more punishing and players could be exceeding more cruel than in succeeding entries via Scraping Spear and Soulsucker to name a couple.
But also the atmosphere, feel, characters, and bosses were just the best

It was a good time

Don't ever reply to me ever again with your shit tastes

>hurr how do i kill boss do i attack it???
>why cant i kill archers even tho theres stairs wowwwwww
>how do i dodge wtf

he's the most simple, straightforward, and yes, easy boss in the game. theres no gimmicks, he has like, 2 attacks, and theyre both painstakingly telegraphed

kill yourself

maybe he is a sperg. he used a word which meant neither negative nor positive. to say it was improved is subjective, people can argue it. saying it morphed/changed/idsitorted is objective, you can't argue it. which you seemed to attempt.

Tower Knight was the epitome of many players, such as myself, of the tone set for the rest of the game. When we came upon Tower Knight in the first world, we all were thinking: why the fuck am I fighting a boss this large so soon? Don't I have to get easy bosses first?

Bloodborne and DaS3 aren't RPGs m8. They're action games.

There's no experience like playing an over 100% equip load character in Dark Souls or tanking behind a shield or even poising your way through attacks. The games have an incredibly limited variety of playstyles and thus have absolutely zero replay value.

I literally played Dark Souls first

but i feel that way you described about Demon's Souls, and not Dark Souls

Ds2 is objectively better than Ds3. The only thing Ds3 has going for it is "muh unlinear levels" Everything else is shit though.

>With each iteration, the original vision gets more distorted.
Right, which is why King's Field is the best souls game

It had the best bosses in that they were all unique from each other while later games all bosses slowly blend into each other and are all basically the same.

level design was also the best and like the bosses were all really unique.

later souls games improved on controls and player build variety though.

I think he's killed me once in five playthroughs, because I got too complacent. World 1 Demons are pretty easy, even Allant (soulsuck is bullshit though).

I played Bloodborne, went back to DaS1, and found it to actually be pretty bad by comparison. A lot more bullshit too.

believe it or not some people actually played demons souls first. If you've already beaten any souls game the rest seem to be a joke by comparison

I play DeS first, but Dark Souls is my favorite. It's a masterpiece, even though Izalith sucks.

>That vision being a spiritual successor to the King's Field games, while also bringing some new things to the table (invasions and co-op).
Have you ever played King's Field? Because they're two entirely different games in terms of gameplay. They just share a similar atmosphere and setting.

here's a fun little exercise for you
Play fists in Dark Souls 3.
Then open up and play fists in Dark Souls 1.
Then try playing fists in Dark Souls 2 for more than ten minutes.

I'll wait.

>It had the best bosses in that they were all unique from each other
How can someone be this delusional?

Demon's Souls is incredibly shit compared to almost every game after it, except maybe Dark Souls 2. Let me list the good bosses right now.

>Penetrator
>False King
>Flamelurker
>Fool's Idol
>Player as Old Monk

And that's it. Old Hero, Storm King and Dragon God (lol) are all shitty gimmick fights, Maneaters have flat out literally broken AI, Armor Spider is annoying and not fun, Adjudicator and Phalanx and absolute jokes, Maiden Astrea is basically Ancient Wyvern tier except with a shitty NPC trying to gank your ass, Leechmonger stands there and does fucking nothing except sometimes spin, and Dirty Colossus is a Leechmonger reskin with an additional mechanic.

Demon's Souls has overwhelmingly shitty bosses compared to the other games.

>And with each death you start over at the beginning.

But that's fucking wrong.

>Maneaters have flat out literally broken AI
>Armor Spider is annoying and not fun
>Maiden Astrea is basically Ancient Wyvern tier except with a shitty NPC trying to gank your ass
>Dirty Colossus is a Leechmonger reskin with an additional mechanic.

literally textbook example of somebody who played DeS the dsp way