Why was he such a bitch?

still looks like jap crap to me

He was a fuckin loser

What the fuck was "our" guy's problem?

>fedora
>a motherfucking PURPLE fedora

Well there you go.

Isamu did nothing wrong.

If you're going to shit on lame hats, at least admit that Isamu looks like a fag.

Still the best kaneko girl

Fair enough. I like the demon belt though.

>white Jimeniz

HEE HO

CIELO

>Talks a whole bunch about strenth and how's she is the strongest
>Calls me a weak demon for siding with the "humans"
>Got 1-shot by Freikugel
Fuck reasons

>not Hitomi

Mate, this nigga is still the hardest boss I've fought in any game ever (Demi fiend).

Still aint beat him in DDS1

I really gotta pick up Nocturne again.

He killed God and God's still mad. Like he would be, giant yellow-ass bitch.

My dick led me to this thread to reply to this very post

bump

He was cool until he took off his clothes.

Kula Diamond?

>tfw no ps2 to play Nocturne
seeing these character designs hurts

It's on PSN if you have a PS3

I bought it on Ps3 and it was fine.
My only complaint about the game is the archaic fusion system. Not being able to choose which skills get inherited drives me mad.

>seeing these character designs hurts

Now just take a look at this badass.

You have no idea how tedious it was getting a perfect demon for smt/Persona

>beast eyes
fuck

I do, because Persona 3 was my first entry into SMT and I got my perfect fucking Orpheus Telos after many, many hours.
I still can't beat Elizabeth because I don't know when she's exactly at half HP and somehow the calculator is always wrong, so I gave up.

Looks like they learned to draw at last.

Because the teacher like demifiend more, i am fucking serious.

>mashing accept, cancel, repick first and second demon, accept, cancel etc to cycle through skills
>abilities you want pop up on result
>you already hit cancel
>keep cycling through
suffering

Tsubasa is great. Asahi and rest of the Final's cast is garbage tho.

What are some pro tips to help make this game easier for a new player? I've played Persona 3 and 4, and SMTIV.

If you've played all those you should probably have a good idea of how to succeed in Nocturne by now.

Maybe Kula was inspired by Nemissa

gotcha covered senpai

muh dick

he lost his gitaroo

>really want to play Soul Hackers but don't have a handheld to play it on

I guess I'll just continue playing DDS2. youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA

All time best girl

She seems pretty powerful to me.

Tsubasa is best girl trapped in kind of mediocre game.

why does she have a mustache

Nemissa came from this, actually.
A lot of Kaneko designs are from pop culture or movies and shit
Heck I bet you would find memes as demons if he actually still designed anything nowadays

>Kek gets added in

Tsubasa is getting closer to becoming the strongest SMT/FE character alive.

excellent

Is Tsubasa of legal and consenting age?

>juu-nana-sai
Close enough

Only in some countries

>Lawfags on the right of me
>Chaosfags on the left of me

is that The American?

underrated

I need more of these

Hitomi is for waifuing. Nemissa is for fucking.

>tfw TMS#FE had better waifus, better combat, better dungeons, and a better plot than SMT4A

>tfw made it to the end of the last dungeon in Nocturne and my PS3 shat itself

I swear I'm gonna play it again someday.

Emulate it senpai. It's runs pretty well on pcsx2, except they removed the shadows to avoid a bug, but you probably won't notice anyway.
also save states make some parts a lot less painful

my laptop can't emulate PS2, already tried it with P3: FES

Why does she have a mustache?

Kaneko is why

What does the wine of the wrath of God tastes like, Cred Forums?

I give it about a tree

rip

I like Nocturne but Kaneko characters look like shit.

Also Chiaki becoming a might makes right fag made absolutely no sense.

Zamazu's cum

>Kaneko characters look like shit

I'm all for expressing yourself and all, but that's just the wrong opinion.

He's a beta with an inferiority complex.

Meanwhile Chiaki is this weird super dominatrix girl who is probably a freak in bed, and also believes in survival of the strongest for some reason?

Very odd highschoolers, anyway. I get that it's a demon world and they had to survive, but damn.

Also lol space whale

Although I do share the opinion of Isamu being a fucking loser, please explain to me in which Amala sphere his Reason doesn't make sense.
I mean, he offer the DemiFiend the opportunity to create his own world, with his own rules. And basically everyone gets to do the same.
Now, just imagine living in a world created by your own fantasies. Shit like dragons, catboys and dominant elf female knights could be all yours.

What's not to fucking like?

He's a little bitch boy that that wants to run away from his issues and remain a manchild his whole life. You can't grow as a person without adversity, and living in your own little fantasy world is unhealthy as fuck.

>Shit like dragons, catboys and dominant elf female knights could be all yours.

only if the elf knights are futas

marche stop posting

Friendship is magic nigga

You don't need to grow as a person if you're omnipotent

What did I miss in this thread?

>TFW we will never EVER get another Kaneko style SMT game in 3D

Avex shoves their hand at your ass, because you went and asked them for help

His reason was the only one I identified with

>but you probably won't notice anyway
Until pic related starts destroying your ass that is

Holy fuck post more art. Kaneko's stuff looks even better outside of the game.

Post your favorite demon lads

hard mode: One you wouldn't fug

Pic related is my favourite demon because its a fucking really cool Shikigami and I absolutely love origami shit, I think I even learned how to do him

igor fucked up and gave me this nigga in P4G and I carried that nigga to end game almost.

I like how it's attack stat is so high because it's made out of paper and papercuts hurt like a bitch.

Fucking loved transformer bro in my first Nocturne play-through.

Here

Maybe not complete favourite, but holy shit this art.

Also who can forget edgelord supreme?

We will never ever get to use any of the cool designs from Nine because of MS

How is he edgy? He just wants to forge shit and not wear a maid outfit

He's not edgy, he's my main nigga with Raidou.

Kill yourself faggot

Strange Journey doesn't have difficulty levels, fuck you

go to bed Nirasawa your designs suck dick

I actually like him though.

Why did that faggot Doi ruin her?

chiaki is unironically one of my favorite female character designs
idk why
i think shes the perfect blend of normal clothing while still looking like an mc

But he didnt?

He made her a generic moeblob

Is that Lavos without the helmet?

I'm really not seeing it, at best all I see is him making her face a bit more angular and paler

Speaking of Nocturne

youtube.com/watch?v=IFNBMLtP2Ok

I don't think MS cares at all

The contract they signed does

Chiaki's Reason formed in part because of her personality but also from talking with what's his name, the giant Buddhist statue dude who leads the mantra.

I think she was just kind of pushy and domineering on a normal level before the conception.

>and living in your own little fantasy world is unhealthy as fuck.
Except it wouldn't be if every single living thing got it's own personal fantasy world to live in forever.

I have hopes they will reuse the Persona 5 assets almost all of which is his older designs.

what the fuck is this

You may not know this, but as you fight Maria and inflict damage the animal head statues break from her and become demons
Bird = Gryphon
Lion = Cerberus
Bull = Nandi
Fish = Nozuchi

that's most of the US senpai

You never played the edgy grimdark bomberman reboot?
It begun the reboot trend.

What am I looking at here.
There was meant to be an SMT game on the Xbox?

I know, but I'm talking about designs like the one for Demiurge and Maria herself

>no reasoning for why he's edgy
Your argument doesn't even have a leg to stand on

>meant to be

user I don't fucking know.
All I know is that the anons are talking about an SMT game I haven't heard of and mentioning MS, which I assume is Microsoft.

believe it or not, the japs got an exclusive xbox original SMT game. It's called SMT NINE.

Not only there was it actually had many things that only returned to the series later on Apocalypse, along with other improvements that never saw the daylight again
>can choose the sex of main character
>law and chaos heros/heroines are your opposite sex for maximum waifu/husbando potential
>they actually support you in battle like in Apocalyse
>they actually want to be your eternal partners
>armor actually changes your 3d model
>great music, many remixed smt1 and 2 songs
>game is actually a fucking love letter to smt1 and 2 as opposed to the abomination of a mainline that is Nocturne with all of its """"""innovations""""""", connected plotwise to smt1&2, many references
>main character can be one of the 9 alignments instead of just LNC, 9 normal battle themes according to your current alignment
>can actually tensei the megami
>gnosticism
>lots of 3d models that never appeared again outside of Imagine copypasta
>actual Alice event and her first 3d appearance
>main demon follows you like in Raidou
>cyberpunk

>Exclusive Japanese SMT game
Alright, that's to be expected
>On the Xbox
Fucking what.

>

The one that had the best designs and the worst gameplay. Somebody post Mafia Mothma

Where have you been?

DIG HERE HUMAN

>DIG
>DIG
>DIG

What do you choose

DIG

The gameplay isn't that bad.
It's just defaut smt gameplay before press turn was a thing. It's like P2 where you select your moves and the game autorepeats them until you want to change shit
Last megaten game where you got to use 4 demons at the same time. With main character and the alignment heroes as support it becomes 6 like classic megaten
That mafia moth is from a non megumi transgay game that was atlus made and had kaneko designs

I choose
>Friend
>Friend
>Friend

Well shit. I guess it's time to dig.

HMMMM. NOTHING THERE. CONSOLATION PRIZE! ME YOUR ALLY!

>a non megumi transgay game
Oh yeah, that's the one that I was thinking of with the gameplay. It was fucking weird

>Get to Vishnu fight.
>All I can think of is pic related

I remember when she was first revealed and I was excited because she looked cool and then when I found out she was an early game shitmon i was sad

>Get hyped for mermaid because I heard she was a boss
>Nope she's a level 15 common demon

met the sheefa
met the sheefa

You can make them literal gods via reverse fusion and incenses. Literally no reason not to fuse an endgame party full of waifus.

Funny how he looks exactly like Orlando Bloom and his fate is similar to his from the third Pirates movie.

Yeah but that's effort

Plus I just used her in endgame SMT 4 by maxing her level with the mitama DLC

They did a good job trying to salvage that design in Apocalypse.

She looks brainwashed there. It's a bit unsettling but she's hotter so I dunno I'm really mixed on it.

Which of the 4, if any, Persona games are worth playing? I tried 4 when my friend loaned it to me and I hated it.

Down to the fucking swollen arm.

Persona 5 is the only one with good gameplay.

longass sequences of fusing to get perfect skills is such a pain in the ass without a proper fusion calculator that i just gave up, nanashi is so fucking broken anyway that it doesn't matter

If you're not putting hours of autistically fusing demons over and over to get the perfect skills, you're playing it wrong.

Why does she have a mustache?

boy I hope you're only pretending

>his waifu isn't best girl Moe Shivvy

>think about playing DDS2
>remember that DDS1 was actually very annoying and boring to play

Sequel when

>fugging demons

The first game is alright, the second and third games (P2:IS and EP) are great storywise, but they are boring to play, and P3 and 4 are okay I guess. 5 is looking pretty good, though.

If you don't like 4 you probably won't like 3
If you like more traditional SMT games you might like 1 and 2 but if you're unfamiliar with franchise entirely it's pretty up in the air.
If you weren't interested in P4 it's still likely that you might enjoy other games like Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, or SMT IV, as they are all substantially different from the persona games

Basically I've played, and enjoyed, every game that's not from the Persona series or MT series. My gripe with 4 was the lack of the main features from the mainline series, like negotiations.

>fugging shitty human waifus

If you want negotiations, then the Persona 1 and 2 games have them. If you do play the first game, make sure you choose a final party member before the game just gives you one that sucks.

You want the first 2 games then. Maybe 5 when it comes out, I haven't been keeping up with all the released details for it but I think it has negotiations and other elements that are more rooted in traditional SMT games

deleet this

This is my favorite Shin Megami Tensei.

who /ANTHONY/ here

But his ending was objectively correct

Cobray pls go.

I can agree with his statement here, but he didn't deserve any of them. At least have the balls to ask the demons out yourself, dummy.

Probably doesn't know how to fight, otherwise he could have fused his own demon harem by now instead of hitting on random encounters.

Disregard friends, acquire cute sensei.

>Sometimes she marries a local farm boy, but when this happens, the glamour leaves her when the priest lays his hand on her, or when she enters the church.
>However if she is treated badly, she will remind him that she is far from weak, often by straightening out a horseshoe with her bare hands, sometimes while it is still glowing hot from the forge.

He was a total fucking idiot

How do i beat vishnu flynn

We'll be playing that translation for SMT If... any day now right guys?

R..right?

You don't

Yeah, just like that translation of SRW Alpha

Shit he looks cool.

One of the worst things of the new smt games is losing this art style.

This and the redesign of Odin in IV:F

>who /FAILURE AS A HUMAN/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=C_mJDnzRHmQ

That's because it is super fucking cool.

Life is suffering.

I feels like he should look frightening but Mothman just looks adorable to me.

It's funny because I shitstomped him with Shiva

Fusion boosters are OP as fuck

She looks like she has a mustache

I need a list of every demon that has flat bangs like this.

Is she worth the game?

Is there some sort of translation out there? Not for the game but for the script?

Two dbis

Kill all your friends

>tfw TMS#FE had better waifus, better combat, better dungeons, and a better plot than SMT4A

I suspect you haven't played either but here's a (you) anyway.

referring to SMT NINE

Because his reason is basically the most agreeable logically besides status quo, so they -had- to make him an unlikable, hypocritical prick. He wants nothing to do with people, but he needs others to even get to the point where he can even offer his reason.

I'M STILL WAITING GIDEON

Get in line.

In SMT 4, is it possible to get any skill on any demon with enough fusion chaining?

And skill mutations.

You're at a club and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass.

What do you do?

Ask him if he can be my girlfriend.

What's my girlfriend's alignment

Odin is cool as fuck

>that design
>that sexy voice

He was an evil asshole but I didn't even care.

>draw a girl
>call it the "Morning Star" and the strongest Seraph, the highest ranked angel serving God prior his fall from grace

Why is this allowed?

To be fair, Angels are often depicted as both male and female, to a degree.

Been playing since Nocturne, new Satan is one of my favorite demon designs in a long time.

>draw a girl
>give it a boy's name

Why is this allowed?

Yeah new Satan looks fucking radical.
What's the deal with the Jesus nails though?
They saying Jesus was Satan all along?

Why does she have a mustache? Where's the persona grills?

look at those tits my gosh

Not sure what the nails signify exactly but the heads and horns fit the bible description of a dragon with seven heads and ten horns.

Nails might be a reference to Christ in that Christ was willing to sacrifice himself to absolve the sins of humanity, while Satan will choose to oppose YHVH despite knowing it will cause his death by destroying his creator.

That's just false, Tsubasa enbodies everything that her game is about: brainless, bland and boring cookie-cutter anime tropes.

Makes a lot of sense, knew about the heads which is part of why I like it.

MS contracted Atlus to make SMT Nine on the hueg? I thought Atlus just chose it because XBL was a thing and even back then they never developed for PC

any of the smt games on snes worth it?
want one to play on my vita since it got hacked and i've only touched 4 but i lost my save and im not going back to it for a long time

You'll probably want a guide to look at for 1, but 2 is really good on its own.

I actually like SMT I and II the most out of the series, the atmosphere is fantastic. But the games are really easy, arguably much easier than Nocturne and IV, and the random encounter rate is set ridiculously high so it can get a little tedious gameplay-wise. If you liked IV it can't hurt to check them out.

Can I play it on the vita?

Mothman Endured!

Guess ill check out 1 and see how i feel. I'm worried about the gameplay being outdated but hopefully this emulator on vita has savestates as im assuming its pretty unfair like most rpgs back then with their saves

The only really annoying thing is being able to sequence break the game fairly easily resulting in an unwinnable state. Also, no way to see the map of dungeons. I think the mobile release had that feature added, though.

Yeah i was looking at /smtg/ since they have a recommended map hack for it
Should i just start with SMT1 or Kyuuyaku?
I assume Kyuuyaku isnt worth it but the boxart looks cool as fuck

You don't really need to see the whole dungeon map as long as you just keep on using Mapper. The dungeons aren't too overly convoluted.

Kyuuuaku is the remake of MT? Pretty basic compared to the rest of the games, but kind of cool nonetheless. They don't share a canon with the SMT games iirc.

Yeah, looks cool as fuck so i think im gonna start with this if i can get it to work.

There has been a sudden increase of SMT threads on Cred Forums recently

not that I'm complaining

Blame Apocalypse coming out and KOWAISHITA being shitposting bait.

playing smt4 and i have to find the tranny black samurai. i had a dream that the one guy said i should go, and the other guy said i shouldnt. now i have an actual choice, does it matter?

Am I the only one who only played SMT2?
I tried SMT1, but I dropped it after Thorman fucked shit up.
I have yet to play something with an atmosphere as cool as this one.

>All those Ippon Dataras in Raidou that just want to chill and build cool-ass walls
They're fun dudes

I prefer SMT I's atmosphere. It's a hell of a lot more bleak and crushing.

Reminds me of Billy Jean

Man why does Thor still have to look retarded?
Why can't we have the sweet-ass Odin AND Thor in one game?

>go to bed Nirasawa
He went to bed a while ago now user.

It's 3 PM in Japan

He's dead.

Get in here: pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

And get the pre patched roms with Orden fix.

Also i think this is the main pastebin: pastebin.com/F56VvGeL

Inside there is more links for more stuff on the series.

If you wanna start the series this one in particular is pretty good:

pastebin.com/Cke5TXEm

It was a good game.

I like how Raidou did a fight like that but Lucifer summoned Mara exactly where his crotch was, so it looked like Lucifer's dick.

Am doing, just started Kyuuyaku and its fine for the first 20 mins in. Movement is slow but everything seems completely playable.

Hope you went wurld of vit in the beginning, damage can be a bit rough to deal with before you start getting demons and building momentum

Holy shit, I've been playing SMT for over a decade and I just now noticed this dude has one leg. Brb killing self.

pumped int Vit and Str for main boy and did some Int, Spd, a couple points of Vit for the girl. What's the dif between Vit and Str in this game?

I know Int is for Negotion and i think MagDef. I assume Spd is turn order

But that is extremely boring because everything happens for a reason and that reason is your will. Nothing unexpected would happen. Even if you create some insane challenge or danger it wouldn't be real because there would be no risk of failure because you control everything. Nevermind that it's the ultimate hugbox and prevents you from growing at all.

I had forgotten about this image. So I guess I'm adding Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Nocturne, and Raidou Kuzunoha to my "keep on lookout for second hand copies" list... I should probably check the local blockbuster this weekend, see if they have any leftover shit.

The PS2 games actually got a reprint and you can get them new for a pretty fair price.

The only ones which are relatively pricey are Raidou 1-2.

They're on PSN

And they're very fucked up ports.

You got that backwards bro.

Tsubasa is a bland bitch stuck on a surprisingly good game.

Tms is actually better than persona 4 apocalypse

Are they that bad?

>hard mode: One you wouldn't fug
Can't do it

>Sedna lewds

Source me messiah

Somewhat, yes.

It would suck to have the games randomly freezing after you did an hour or two of progress. (It's not very common but still).
And there is lag during some cutscenes and animations.

Don't understand the hate for the guest designs, most of them were fine.

Apocalypse just came out, that Wii game has been out for a while and Persona 5 just dropped in Japan and is coming out soon. Can't blame em

Is that a girl? Why does she have a curly mustache?

No, they really weren't. Basically all of them were terribly overdesigned and clashed with the established artstyle tremendously.

I mean, are you really going to call Centaur a good design?

4 > IS > FES > EP > P1 > P3P

I'd you didn't like P4 then just try P1, IS and EP. Skip P3 and I presume P5.

>reverse fusion
Reverse what now?

youtube.com/watch?v=FLHfL_lu50o

I don't know what's the deal with that term either. But by fusing a demon with a mitama, you can make a low leveled demon learn any OP lategame skill.

In my opinion the sameface shit being changed was long overdue.

if you fuse an endgame demon with a spirit, since it has nowhere further to go it wraps around back to the beginning of its clan line but retains all its stat growth
combine that with all the apps which make it so every single stat goes up by one per level, on top of normal stat growth, and you can make any demon have endgame stats and skills

That's just the same Rank Up/Rank Down bullshit we've always had though, isn't it? I guess the stat growth is new though.

being able to go from the end of the line back to the beginning was introduced in IV. No prior games had it. You could use fusing two demons of the same clan to get a demon halfway between them, but that locked out the first demon of each line and required more fiddling to make sure you got what you wanted

It's the only good one on gelbooru

>I mean, are you really going to call Centaur a good design?
Are you seriously trying to tell me it's not?

So does anyone here actually have an issue with Doi's designs?
I think he's pretty good.
I hope one day they'll redo a majority of the old art that was done in marker or watercolor.

Pretty good, a huge step up from Kaneko artstyle wise

He's the reason why you don't mess with god.

I agree.
But I do wanna see kaneko do some designs again as well. Mainly to see if he improved.
What was the last game he even did art for?

They're pretty good, but I like Kaneko's designs and art style more. The style clash is also pretty weird to me.
I hope he doesn't redo the old art and they keep Kaneko's art around as long as possible

Strange Journey I think

speedy speed boy

1 and 2 are a lot more brutal early game than any of the later mainline games and most people don't play them first which is why they have a much easier time with them. Once you've played one SMT game you pretty much catch the drift.

>Akihiko keeps showing up
Wallpaper user really wants to fuck Akihiko, doesn't he.

>a mitama
How do you fuse mitamas?

>Chiaki looks like Doggo

>sequence break
Freeing Psychodiver before entering Shibuya? Only one I knew.
I haven't went to Ikebukuro before finishing Ginza/Police station and Shinigawa

So can i play devil survivor 1/2 on the ds if I don't have a 3ds to play the remakes?
or am i going to miss something

She looks like an incredibly generic anime schoolgirl
Meanwhile she looks like an anime schoolgirl but the artstyle saves her from looking generic

is smtxfe actually any good? i need a reason to blow the dust off my wiiu

You can play it, but you will miss out on tons of new content.
DeSu 2 has an entirely new campaign that is almost as long as the maingame.
DeSu 1 has for some of the routes an extra day that gives some of the endings more closure.