Best game circling drain - Wildstar
Best vanilla WoW server - LOTRO
Best sleep aide - EVE
It's not City of Heroes - DCUO
It's not Ragnarok Online - ToS
Nerfed so pedos can be heroes - TERA
Back in my day this was fun - P1999
Might as well - Legion

what kind of game are you looking for, user?
Themepark, sandbox, pvp, pve, gankbox, etc? Give a little more info unless you just want "mmo that doesn't suck" (which is a much shorter list but entirely subjective)

mmos were never good.

Eve.

>Best sleep aide - EVE
eve is the only game i get the shakes playing

Old School Runescape
Do not believe "le grindfest meme", just made up by people who can't organize for shit

as a qp cape person, yeah, its grindy.

Legion is probably the best themepark still. It's an improvement on WoD but the game has changed a LOT for people who quit in tbc or even wrath.
I hate it, but FFXIV is pretty popular, as well as SWTOR.
For sandbox stuff, there are a few decent SWGemu servers but quality and community varies quite a bit. Same for private UO shards. There are more than a few upcoming sandbox style games. Of course EVE as well.
For pvp focused mmos, there are two new Darkfalls in open beta, a decent private Dark Age of Camelot server.

Generally, depending on how gay you are and how big of a wallet you have, you want to stay away from most Korean shit no matter how cool it looks or sounds. That means ArcheAge and BDO are godawful unless you're pumping in cash. That same thing goes for most mobile mmos but i don't think you're that queer anyhow.

Its only a grind if you play it like that, you just need to have patience and not rush everything

that's still grinding, you idiot. you're just doing it slow

Ultima Online

xp waste

GIVE IT BACK

Come on, its an MMORPG where you level up your skills, do you realise how quickly it would wear out its welcome if getting 99 was easy?

People call it grinding because a lot of people for some reason think they need fucking 99 in everything and they will do absolutely nothing else but train the same skill for days. Besides training combat via Slayer i've only trained Thieving and Crafting so i can get whatever money i need from the high level Thieving areas which give a lot of gems

I don't usually say "you are playing the game wrong" to a lot of people, but in this case they do, the game doesn't want you to get 99 as soon as possible

99 was designed as an impossible goal for most skills at inception, that's why a lot of them had no endgame for a long time

that said runescape IS grindy, even if you take it slow and don't fixate on one skill

It's slow, it's repetitive, it's fairly non-interactive

If you don't think it's a grindy game I'd like to know what you do consider grindy

Well, i set myself a goal, that i will get at least 1 Thieving level a day and one Crafting (If the XP makes it too impossible to get in one day i just say i'll get 1/4 of the way there for today) level a day, then if i need money i go to the Rouges Castle and steal from the chests

Make sure to make all jewelry possible from the gems, sell the rest of the loot then go either Pking on BH, Deep wildy or just have fun at GWD with friends

>P1999

Fuck that piece of shit.

The game has gotten so fucking bad now because the players fucked the economy beyond saving with it's oversaturation of items destroying whatever charm and magic EQ old had.

>Forget trying to sell shit at EC as a nub, that nub either has someone in his guild with 10 of what he's looking for, he's better off getting it from him, or that guy with 5 level 60 alts who has 20 of them scattered throughout all of his other characters and selling it for dirt cheap to clear his bank.
>You can easily make a couple of plat as a starting character because everyone is hunting guards and dropping loot like fine weapons all over the place
>Game so oversaturated, everyone just solos the beginning levels till level 20. Good luck finding a party to raid blackburrow or orcs as EC.

It's gotten so bad that people are making purity guilds like for this sole purpose where members are restricted from trading in the ECT and only within people in the guild and avoid grouping with twinks.

Old live was never supposed to last this long. It just took 4 - 5 years till EQ turned into whatever hellhole it did in 2002 - 2003. Hell, there even a event that you could trigger in live where if you and a couple of guilds raided the sleeper dragon, you could potentially reset the entire server.

That's what happens when the mystery is gone. Oldschool Runescape is the same way - without the shroud of inexperience and slow trickle of new content, you already know where things ate and the best way to get them, because the game wasn't designed around that. MMO players become jaded very quickly because they've already experienced the grind before. They know the way that works best for them and no two people do it exactly the same.

That said I tried P1999 without having really played EQ before and it if nothing else let me see exactly what all the fuss is about. I wish people did group there. Sad, I never got some of the really cool buffs.

I actually WANT a grindfest MMO. Something that I can just grind a bit whenever the fuck I want.
The catch is that the grind has to be fun.

Guild Wars 2

I would say SWGemu, but even that game can get annoying and lonely.

People don't even play anymore to experience the grind. The moderators of the game has grown desperate to the point where they allowed people to use bots. It's pretty kek inducing when you run across a player village with people, only to find that everyone is AFK and running either on a crafting or excavation script.

I'm going to temporarily be a neet for a month or too soon, should I buy legion and just power through the content?