Why did he wear a blindfold?

Why did he wear a blindfold?

Because they thought it looked cool, sort of how they thought belts looked cool for whatever reason.

he's a big guy

Justice is blind?

Something about learning to be one with the darkness so he could defeat roxas when he was in the organization.
It's what he was wearing before he took on the similar form of ansem the fake

So that he could find his way through the darkness.

DARKNESS

NO PARENTS

Jesus christ this series is so fucking gay.

He's Kenpachi Zaraki

No matter how ridiculous it sounds never fails to make me cringe/Laugh my ass off

Was it gay?

if he takes it off he becomes ansem sod. why? i don't know.

>haven't seen your friend in at least a year
>drop down on the floor clutching his hand, glad that you've finally found him again

no, p normal actually

It's a game for fucking kids, are you expecting fucking Blade Runner?

Well, there is some logic to it.
Putting on an eyepatch was a way that pirates were able to see in the bottom levels of their ships since it was so dark

That scene made me feel weird, like I didn't know how I was suppose to react the first time I saw it. Sora literally broke down crying, fell to his fucking knees while holding Riku's hand.

Part of me was like "Jesus, Sora....have some dignity."

It helped him become a better keyblade wielder than Sora, that's for sure. Say what you will about it, but Riku's experience with darkness actually made him stronger and that's why he is a Master and Sora isn't. Because Sora didn't face the darkness within himself.

I thought the reason was, that not wearing it would give him away as not-the-darkness, because they all have yellow eyes. And they don't have colored contacts in that setting.

>Haven't seen your friend after getting separated, reunited, and then forced to part ways again in at least a year.

I think that was justified reaction enough even if it was gay as fuck.

SORA

>Sora finds Riku
>falls to his knees
>literally cries
>Sora finds Kairi
>does nothing

Sora doesn't have much in the way of Darkness to face, the reason he didn't earn the mark was the fact he kind of walked into an obvious trap and had to be saved by Riku.

The blindfold suppressed the Xehanort inside of him until he could overcome it himself and use the power without changing into him.

all games are for kids you dumb fucking faggot google skype cunt bitch

He knew that she was safe the last time she saw her. Meanwhile the last time he got a proper look/had an actual conversation with Riku was when he was fucking around and got shut in the KH equivalent of Hell. And when he got out, he's fucking around an evil organization who's out to use/harm the both of them.

If you look at it in context, you can see why Sora reacted that way.

I always looked at it as some sort of anime seal too

That's pretty much how it worked.

I bet Nomura couldn't even answer this, better be an alt outfit for kh3 though.

Because Nomura thought it would be a cool design when they made deep dive and then they had to shoehorn some dumb reason to explain it story-wise.

I could be a keyblade master if I tried

It was to hide the fact that his eyes were gold, which were a sign that he was using the DARKNESS.

>His eyes couldn't lie.

>I could be cool and popular with girls if I tried

Don't even try to apply real world logic to the mess that is KH.

Literally everyone used to be one. Be they sided with light or darkness.
How likely will we get a "You are the key master!" Ending like fucking hackjima did with MGSV?

>Snake, you are Metal Gear Solid."
>Sora, you are Kingdom Hearts."

Kek

Not really? There's a difference between being a wielder and being a Master. There are defined Masters in this series.
>that spoiler
Did you skip several games?

>Heartless are literally nothing but Hearts and darkness
>Nobodies are literally Bodies with Souls but without Hearts

Really gets my brainbox beating.

Isn't the series full of keyblade masters now?

Now, if I'm remembering right, when Riku peeks out of his blindfold for a second, his eyes were still blue.
The thing about Nobodies is that they're esstentially missing what makes a person, a person in this series, a Heart, so that makes them "Nobodies".

No. It's full of wielders. Not everyone is a Keyblade Master. Sora notably failed the test to be one in Dream Drop Distance, while Riku passed.

Well let me correct that, there's not that many wielders surviving to the modern storyline anyway. There used to be a lot more, but most of them got off in the Keyblade War.

>"You are the key master!"
0% and I say that with utmost confidence.

Riku will always be a better character.

SO HE COULD WATCH YOU WEAVE AND BREATHE YOUR STORYLINES!

For those who don't understand why Kingdom Hearts is as popular it is; just think of it in the same way as Star Wars. An extremely shitty series with a surprising amount of originality and depth with a style unique only to itself that has spanned over a long time.