youtube.com/watch?v=j7jelqvvzxE
youtube.com/watch?v=U553p021pRE
teamfortress.tv/35222/no-hats-mod
youtube.com/watch?v=QaIyoIe9U00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Comfy.

Why is TF2 so comfy, lads?

[distant mooing]

Thunder mountain is god tier. Best payload map.

Because casual=comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=cyZh6_C4k54

im on mobile what is this

If the asshole who made these videos is here: please make more.

[dead game]

>tfw started playing this game when it costed money
>woke up one day to find a shitty hat in my inventory and F2P plastered all over steam
>all the things that went downhill from there

2fort flag room ambiance

what

youtube.com/watch?v=1KBP6qPtV6Q

stop

>That sigh at 6:13

Wasn't aware there were any voices in these background noise loops.

They were recorded in-game. The guy didn't rip them.

Hey now

Found the pleb.

hahaha no

spookey and comfy

Fuck this map

I used to be spooked out by ravenholm, and then I went and played stalker.
youtube.com/watch?v=eEekqlzyf6k

This is my favorite map, next to both versions of Harvest and Hydro.

I take it you main gunslinger engineer?

[soft rain]
[distant thunder]

WELCOME
TO MY WORLD OF STEEEEL

What is the best map and why is it Granary?

[backcapping intensifies]

[random gun shots and turret beeping]
[12 year old faggots spamming the mic](thanks f2p)
[skinnerbox bullshit]

>I literally have no idea what skinnerbox means but I've never let that stop me before

>what the fuck are crates

No, regular scout, conch soldier, or cannonball demo.

fag alert

The thing you let other people open so you can get the items for pennies later?

>Dustbowl stage 3
>Blu team
>22:00 minutes on the clock

youtube.com/watch?v=aJ53CdbGW2A

Great sound design, and a nostalgic 1960s vibe that makes you feel like you're looking at photographs of your parents when they were kids.
Upward is without a doubt the best Payload map. Thunder Mountain has really serious Sniper issues, and just pushing the cart up that stupid hill is way harder than any first point should be.

It is still underrated and a decent enough map, though.

Upward>Borneo>Badwater>Swiftwater>Thunder Mountain>Snowycoast>Goldrush>Barnshitz>Poodoo

[third most played game on steam]
stop this meme

Upward>Badwater>Barnblitz=Borneo>Thunder Mountain>Goldrush>Hoodoo>Swiftwater>Snowycoast

Fuck that alien update, such a disappointment.

Hey guys! My favorite map is tc_hydro!

>install tf2 classic
>play hydro for the first time in years

In a way, I kind of miss it.

Snowycoast isn't that bad, it's been updated multiple times and it's much better since its initial release, but it was shit for starters I agree.

If you put Barnblitz that high, you really need to learn a thing or two about map design. First and last on that map are some of the worst, most blatantly RED-sided areas in any map that isn't Dustbowl.

Hoodoo for similar reasons does not belong anywhere above last place.

It was my favorite in vanilla. It showed the artstyle the best, ranging through everything, and the constant shifts in territories gave a variety of gameplay while still using half of the map from last round.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9970dxQ2g

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who have never played ctf_mach2 AKA 2fort on fucking steroids

>no proper bhop in this game
whats the point??

Pre sfm stuff was great
youtube.com/watch?v=1qeHe2ih_jg

>there are LITERALLY ""people"" who defend the source """"engine"""" in 2016

Do people play TF2 classic?

>Hoodoo anywhere but at the bottom of the list

i played that

it was shit

>confusing samey exterior with way too many hallways that go nowhere but into other hallways
>exterior totally locked down by snipers and sentries with only 2 routes into the enemy base

[sounds of stalemating]

this
it gets points for being one of the earliest payload maps, and stage 2 is fun, but otherwise it's a crock of shit and Goldrush does its job better

[stalemate intensifies]

That was SFM though. Pre-release SFM (which was 100x harder to use) but still SFM. Made it more impressive tbqh.

AWWWWWWW SHIT THE MEMEORIES

>480p

Granary is only good on MGE

>Spawnkilling as demoknight
>10+ kills
>dominating two people
>one of them finally kills me
>key binds rekt and 5 lenny faces

>There are LITERALLY "people" who defend the best video game engine on the planet in 2016

Yeah, and your point is?

>best video game engine on the planet in 2016

>alt-tab out
>NEED A DISPEN-SPEN-SPEN-SPEN-SPEN-SPEN-SPEN-SPEN...
>game crashes

Fuck you. One of the regulars of a community server I went to kept fucking nominating that map the moment he can. And like every server, people always press 1 when the map votes came up, which happens to almost always be thundermountain. The server is also a fucking custom maps server but we always go to shitty thundermountain.

Badwater is better in every way anyways.

Which maps deserve to be deleted from the game?

Fuck you I love Junction. Tiny maps a best maps.

Every map that isn't Hydro

I have literally no memory of playing on this map past 2011

i find this only happens when i have a lot of my ram filled up for whatever reason. tf2 only uses like 500 megabytes and i could have 2 gigabytes free with a web browser open and this shit would still happen but if i close my browser it works perfectly. though im not a faggot who alt tabs ingame either

Well that's never happened to me before so I'm willing to assume your pc is just shit.

Turbine

>source engine has never misbehaved when I try to tab out of it

Are you and I talking about the same source engine? You must be lying. That simple fact is a meme by this point

>those extremely comfy casual valve pubs with 16 people
I miss those days

Sure it's misbehaved, but it's never crashed unless when alt+tabbing unless I was running a bunch of garbage that takes up a bunch of RAM in the background

>hating Turbine
Fuck you faggot

Turbine is actually happens to be the best CTF map, it's just a shit gamemode in general.

Don't mind me, just busy being the best unlockable.

Turbine is shit. To be fair, it might be okay in MGE

Casual mode turbine is fucking shit, but I do like chilling in 24/7 turbine servers.

excuse me, haha.

>what are airblasts

degreaser a shit

wasted potential: the game
thanks valve

the old version of rd_asteroid was far superior to the current one

Not that anyone cares since that ridiculously confusing game mode was a stillbirth that never made it out of beta.

you can still do them, and they are even better. they cost more sure, but you can switch to shotgun faster and birdshot niggers out of the sky which is great

>neo-Pyro
>worth playing

The Pyro was shit even pre-nerfs, why even bother? Just let the class die and mourn its loss like the rest of us.

any answer other than gunboats is wrong.

good unlock
shit class

rd_asteroid v1 actually seemed like a better version of CTF. I was sad to see it go.

>there are people on this very board who still play vanilla TF2 and not 10x

Still want some source on those titties in the background

he isn't the best but he is the most fun to play. more fun than scout and soldier easily. i would rather play pyro on pubs than anything else other than maybe spy

>tfw it got nerfed
Already took decent timing skills to even use, but now it's just weak.

Couldn't tell you, original image is ancient.

>there are people on this very board who still play TF2

[screaming child]
[sound of guy trading hats]
[ horribly crunched anime song]

I don't miss it.

Way better than Overbotch family.

>there are people on this very board

things have changed for the better at least. they removed playing sounds from files reducing soundspamming, and other players will kick those micspamming

Goddamn I'm feeling the nostalgia.

>2016
>no elephant gun/super shotgun

And force a nature doesn't count because Scout is a wimpy femboi

>playing through this chapter for the 40th time, know all the secrets, all the little details
>out of nowhere there's a bloodcurdling scream off in the distance i've never fucking heard before.

Spooked me good. Half Life 2 will forever be the GOAT in sound design.

youtube.com/watch?v=kiGpUd-cON8

How would giving Soldier a SSG change the meta?

they will add it for heavy for heavy vs pyro screencap this post

>giving soldier more weapons
nah

>there are people

Which sound?

pd_watergate is better than asteroid will ever be.

>there are

>I will never be that good at scout
Terrible feeling even though I poured so many hours into that class. I can't even keep up with my teammate's performance in a steamroll 6s match

Stop this shit

>hating on memes
>le kawaii uguu chinaman cartoon gril

No user, it is you who must kill yourself.

Is that seriously the default crosshair for the crossbow? They really should've given the crossbow something like the sniper rifle's default crosshair.

Come on user. Some fun doesn't hurt.

hey it could be worse, you could be a demo main like me
youtube.com/watch?v=j7jelqvvzxE

Why did valve buff the crossbow again? It's a fucking great weapon to see in use in 6s, but now it's tremendously superior to any of the needle guns.

because valve looked at pub stats where medic sees the least usage of any class

the audio looping bug is well documented user

Is it bad that watching this intensified my hunger

>"hey guys let's all go scout"
>engineer and 10 scouts rock up to the last point
>Engi farts out a sentry
>scouts cap
>ez win

oh almost forgot about this
>this is what 100% scout accuracy looks like
youtube.com/watch?v=U553p021pRE

cant stop wont stop

they need to make it heal maybe 1/4th the amount. i am fucking tired of retards taking shots of faith every opportunity because it puts both the healer and the healing in fucking danger but muh risk/reward! remove the fucking weapon valve and make the other ones viable again. and make the ubersaw less effective already there is no justification at all to use anything else who thought this was a good idea

who /6s/ here

when did you guys discover that anyone with more than a thousand hours is an idleshitter? you know your power bill is probably more expensive than the hats, might as well buy them in the store

also reminder to use the nohats mod
teamfortress.tv/35222/no-hats-mod

>That pistol aim
God fucking damn, I don't even bother taking that weapon out until the enemy has 25 health because I know I'll miss at least 7 shots.

lol idling is for faggots

I just havent played very many other games in 6 years

>Medic doesn't get any credit for the kills

how does accuracy with these weapons work? does it deal damage 100 percent on the crosshair dot? i know visually it flies far away from your crosshair but i don't feel like thats quite the case for whatever reason.

the what

first bullet is perfectly accurate then there is some random spread, at the range most fights are you can land >90% of your shots if you have your crosshair dead center but this is pretty hard to do on strafing targets. Quad just happens to be a fucking tracking god.

Put it this way pistol is more accurate than the scattergun which already has a surprising amount of range. It's a good choice for finishing off retreating enemies who only have a sliver of health left.

hitscan

also scout is the best class in the game and dont let anyone tell you anything different

>muh class loyalty
no fuck you, if you main something you are a piece of shit. each class has a purpose

Eh scout's utility drops off the more players and defense classes there are. Soldier stays viable regardless of gamemode and player count. He's the best overall.

i wanna see you try and 1v1 a good scout as any class

ill wait

Demo is the strongest, then scout, then solider. Medic is too different to really compare

Demo hasn't been the strongest anything since the nerf. Scout and soldier both outperform him.

engineer, level 3 turrets, rescue ranger, next. i want to see you 1v1 a good soldier as a scout.

Youve obviously never mge'd a demo worth his salt. Also, it's team fortress 2, not 1v1 rust fortress 2

lol youre an idiot my dude

> i want to see you 1v1 a good soldier as a scout.
You're delusional if you think this is an even remotely fair fight. Scout can stay well out of rocket range and still do damage. Scout can also easily deny any jumps the soldier tries to do.

>demo beat scout
>1v1

He's 100% right though. Scout is mobile and good in open areas, while am engineer makes buildings over time. A demo counters an engi, who counters a scout, who more or less counters a demo.

Not to mention an engi can just use a gunslinger and instantly deny scouts

>it's a lenny spammer on your team match
>can't switch teams just to kill him repeatably because of the new update

>implying any maps are big enough for you to dodge my direct hit
im positive i could destroy the best scout player in the game with a pyro and my scorch shot.

>implying any maps are big enough for you to dodge my direct hit
oh yeah such a good weapon, every pro uses it
oh wait

are you implying a skilled direct hit user wouldn't be able to do more damage than a skilled blackbox/nubetube user?

>all these retards whining about 1v1 balance in a game explicitly designed to be team based

You're all cancerous newfags.

POST MORE

Damage doesn't mean shit if you can't hit anything with it. Are shitty lenny spamming lime green scouts your definition of "good"?

> if you can't hit anything with it
this is your definition of a skilled player? no, i don't think many scout players are good at all. they are mostly just shitters who get by because the enemy is incompetent with aim, they are the dps hotheads of crapcunts who would leave when things don't go their way, instead of dropping their "main"

>this is your definition of a skilled player
The best TF2 players in the world don't even use it because it's not consistent enough. Splash damage as it turns out is pretty fucking important.

**ATTENTION POSTERS IN THIS THREAD**

BEST TF2 MAP+GAMETYPE COMING THROUGH

PLEASE MAKE WAY

Nice bait
Nobody likes doomsday

guess you will see me on the top then soon, ill only get better, im not afraid to train to play better with an objectively better weapon. it isn't as much about spam but timing your shots which is what makes it different to me.

*ALERT*

PLEBE HAS BEEN DETECTED

*ALERT*

Maybe it'd be good if the rounds didn't last a half hour

Audio looping has only happened to me on Gmod, being the unstable pile of shit it is, otherwise I've never had this problem especially since I run fullscreen windowed

thats what makes them good

it is the most comfy gametype in all of vidya

youtube.com/watch?v=QaIyoIe9U00

comfiest map because of flank routes

oh yeah forgot about that one. one of my favorites.

my favorite map to engineer and scout on.

>trying to snipe
>be choke artist, do bad
>aim at teammates because why not
>realize I'm ten times better at snapping to teammate heads
I don't understand

Probably the only fun ctf map there is

This
Felt like shit after i found out that im not getting anything besides a hat and a badge for paying full price.

I uninstalled the game after meet your match. The only remaining community being the underages of Cred Forums and reddit amalgamated together is also partially responsible

If you use meme binds you seriously don't belong here.

body blocking the rocket as a cloaked spy is satisfying.

Pre-F2P
>most classes being played
>interesting alternate weapons
>fun maps being played

Post-F2P
>children playing spy and sniper constantly
>always shit
>always at least one soldier with blackbox/crithorn dominating half the team

It's the only thing that lets me enjoy tf2 as much as I used to.

The lift should wrap around the rocket completely

i expected How to basic ending

>back in college one semester
>way before mym update
>had to get rides, always got to college real early, like 5 am, two hours before first class
>get out mouse and laptop
>load up tf2
>jump on a valve pub running doublecross
>fuck around until class started
>do this every college day
Some of the coziest TF2 shenanigans I ever had
I miss it.

Sometimes I play alone on this map because of its comfyness.

If it really was the best we'd also have sd_rockwater, sd_bombfactory, and sd_sawmill.

>tfw too intelligent for Source engine games

My favorite contemporary meme right here.

Mine are harvest, nucleus and kong king

Hydro is still the best looking map in the entire game. The fucking color palette is A++++++.

They should've reworked it into Payload or something, Hydro needs some fucking love.

>letting this happen
It's your fault.

>Harvest

Good taste, Anons.

>that golden sky
best skybox, why didn't more maps go full painterly like that?

I do love how neutral and muted Hydro looks. It manages to neutralize the awful cosmetics some asshats are wearing.

>the color palette
>the prop work
>the facade->spyco transitions
>those canyons
>the aesthetics in general
hydro is beyond the best looking map in the game, it's a gold standard of artpass map work

>wanted to make maps
>any maps with heavy water theme will attract LOL PYROSHARK :^3 spam
Why did they think letting that thing crit even in puddles and aesthetic water features like sawmill basement was a good idea? that thing is one of the worst designed weapons in the game

It would only be balanced if fire was extinguished by the same depths of water that the Neon Annihilator considers "wet". That means it would be essentially Pyro's only source of damage in damp areas.

i like this one, first balance change I heard that addresses the obnoxious puddleshark while keeping the dumb meme intact

Im guessing you take enjoyment in spawncamping the most?

FUCKING THAT SONG EVERYTIME

>every single Soldier airshot video ever

EvilDaedalus, though. That's a name I haven't seen in fucking years.

>yfw your trusty c2q w/ hd4770 ddr5 barely run TF2 on 30-40 fps on low settings
Gaben has forsaken me.

kaidus is an actual god. shame he got wrist aids

>also reminder to use the nohats mod
No :^)

we will never be appreciated user

why does valve forsake us

>there are people in this board that still believe that people can't enjoy a good fps

The only fun I got out of TF2 anymore was dominating unusual-wearing shitters while wearing either a party hat or absolutely nothing, now every unusual shitter is pretending to be f2p too and it's not as fun anymore.
I cringed.

WE ARE IN THE BEAM

>tfw he was a regular at my old server

God truly a golden era of TF2

You use some crappy weapons but at least you look cool doing it

Thats doublecross retard

I kinda wanna start a server up that has a rotation of custom and stock maps, mostly ctf/payload/5cp.

Yeah make it stock maps with no bullshit and host it in the EU please.

Im in canada though..
Was thinking of stock + custom but other wise no gamechanging bullshit.

If I ever get loaded, I'll start a community of servers following a setup like this. I'm not really a patient dude so I'd probably leave it to the players to votekick, votemute, ban, whatever. I also don't want to deal with managing a moderation team either. Something else I'd probably do is let players send in suggestions or complaints though, like if a group frequenting the servers start abusing vote power, I can deal with stuff like that. I mainly want to emulate the atmosphere of legacy Valve pubs, servers that anyone can jump on, and maybe see how I can improve on that experience.

What would I do about autobalance though? It seems like something people both hate but sorely need.

Damn, dude, you're, like, a total badass.

You expected anything else from a Demo item? Demo only gets nerfs, just like Soldier only gets buffs, because of staff favoritism. Balance was never a concern.

actual best map coming through

>pd_watergate is better than asteroid will ever be again.
Fixed because the early version of the moonbase that was huge as fuck and had doors that would unseal as you killed robots was the tightest shit, and then Valve dumbed it down because muh playtesters, and it's STILL not homogenized enough to leave beta. And nobody has saves of the original map.

I don't even fucking play this game anymore. It's an abstract kind of agony.

>[soft rain]
>[distant thunder]
WHAT IS THIS
THAT STANDS BEFORE ME?

Post loadouts.

>Cow Mangler
my nig

[distant YIPIKEYEYAYIPIKEYAHAAKAIYIPEEKAYEE]

Guys how do I maintain 144fps or more?

The newer maps are so unoptimized I drop below 60 sometimes.
i5 3470 with a gtx970 should be getting like 400fps.

Can't you just turn off some fancy stuff?

I already disabled MSAA.
Bloom
HDR
Thats all the fancy effects in this game.

That's a funny way to spell Upward

>[hard rain]
>[close thunder]
Two sides of a comfy coin.

>[soft rain]
>[distant thunder]
>It Ain't Me starts playing