Elysian Shadows Thread

Yeah that's right, fucktards! Our narcissistic asses are BACK. After our glorious return teaser (youtube.com/watch?v=uAG6bwBd4Eo) we are going to deliver the best indie game yet, straight to your Ouya/Dreamcast. You see my status update? That's right. I post my shit on FACEBOOK, unlike you who hide behind your anonymity and mock others who achieve greatness. Your game would also be 10 months late if you cared as deeply as we do about quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk
youtube.com/watch?v=LxB_ZwrXNqU
youtu.be/vNdaEY4iMJU
youtube.com/watch?v=uAG6bwBd4Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=3Qudw1lmezg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's right, LOOK AT THAT FUCKING LIGHTING. You can't do that shit, goddamn pussies.

You'll be the next Undertale! I'm sure of it! I believe in you and your team!

Undertale
>1 person
>not much kickstarter funding
>2.7 years

Elysian Shadows
>over 40 team members, 2 have remained constant
>$185,322 + $150,000 via crowdfunfing
>over 12 years of development time

Undertale is not one person and I wish that meme would die

It was helmed by the sound designer of homestuck though, nothing will change that.

>not mentioning this
>youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk
Come on

It's like 99% one person and a few assets and designs contributed by others, dude.

That's a beautiful speech. I suppose he's releasing his game later this month?

Of course not. My guess is some meaningful update will happen early next year

No, next month is the return of his "making of video series" Adventures in Game Development, which he had promised to do every week but completely failed for an entire year. This return is supposed to subdue frustrated backers, he has already said months ago the release date has been pushed back from 2015 to 2017+

the funniest part is he acts like his mediocre snes jrpg is some epic struggle
a competent developer could make this on their own with no trouble at all

>you will see us back on our full GLORY
>its just a one month deadline to make video again
>videos about making an indie game

It's an RPG maker tier game being developed for a dead console. And the Dreamcast.

FRESH OC OFF THE PRESSES
What a piece of shit

What is that? did he get hair plugs or something?

>unironically getting a hair transplant
lmao

jesus christ.

Is still a game that actually came out to be played by people not a delusion like the faggot on op's pic.

Did he unironically get a $10k loan to get hair transplants?

how do you ironically get a hair transplant?

Say what you want but going bald sucks. I had a friend in college and the dude was going bald at the age of 22. I'll never make fun of a balding man.

Here's a better version, explains more clearly

>using the money fans gave you to make them a game to get fucking hair transplants

user...

supplementary reading 1

+
Video of him melting down: youtube.com/watch?v=LxB_ZwrXNqU

He needs hair to make his game you uneducated shitlord. Check your hair privilege.

supplementary reading 2

+
previous composer he hired: youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk

You're supposed to fuck the haters, not hate them

youtu.be/vNdaEY4iMJU

This is every cuckatarter scam

I hope he eventually releases this game and doesn't continue to fuck up and push the release date until he finally dies of heart failure. I honestly and truly want this game to come out so I can see for sure that it is the huge steaming piece of shit that I know it will be. I want everyone to see it and realize what a total incompetent asshole he is and watch him whine on Facebook and blame everyone but himself for the biggest project he's ever worked on being a complete and total failure.

I'm going bald and it hasn't affected my livelihood. It's not like I'm losing teeth or some shit.

At this point this game's failures have been more entretaining than the game itself can ever be.
And I didn't have to pay a dime.

what a fucking disgrace of a human being

Has this guy delivered on anything yet? Why does he get support?

>previous composer he hired
Who is the new one? Some of the songs are not that bad. Still mediocre though, basically what I'd expect from an indie KS game.

What actually is any of this? I heard the awful soundtrack video before but I just thought it was some dumb Kickstarter thing. Is there actual history behind this?

Read the thread, newfriend. There are links and pictures for you to get caught up with

I'm 22 and I've got a full on fucking horseshoe hairline. I got over it earlier in university. I'm pretty sure it's healthier to get your self worth from something other than your image, than drop ten grand to mount back and neck hair to your scalp.

it's better to just shave all that shit off. It's cleaner and less of a hassle.

New composer was announced last month, you can hear it here: youtube.com/watch?v=uAG6bwBd4Eo

Check the pics and vids in this thread

Also, documented the new memepic on yt youtube.com/watch?v=3Qudw1lmezg

> Also a dreamcast version!
> Because small teams tagetting a wide variety of platforms including obsolete shit is totally indie!
Everyone who donated deserves to be scammed. Only the real pros manage to release good homebrew on the Dreamcast. A couple SMHUPS come to mind, but they aren't developed by narcissistic faggots

do they just spend all the money on booze? These assholes would never survive in a legitimate market.

Remember that time someone tweeted him saying Cred Forums is making fun of him, he posted a bunch of shitposting, then got banned? Good times

Probably. The hugbox of the indie clique keep him in his echo chamber so he can come out and post retarded bullshit like OPs image.

When did that happen?

A hair transplant is only 10k?

That's tempting as fuck

Last year I think

DO not do it, It's obviously noticeable. Just shave your head man.
Obviously when you go to those clinics their going to tell you that it totally looks natural and support you on doing it.

Unless you want to have a tiny human carpet on your head.

Pics/Reference? I wanna see this

He has started deleting negative youtube comments because he cant handle it anymore.
That "the return" vid is almost half thumbs down though lol

Pic related is apparently worth $185,322

I'm working on a pixel art game right now, Everytime i see this guy and threads on his game i get motivated as fuck.
Thanks again Cred Forums.

>Lisa

FTFY

What a cunt

Why would you make a game for Ouya and Dreamcast? Even if the game is good nobody is going to buy consoles nobody uses just to play one game.

Just fucking make it in Unity and release it on mobile and maybe he'd make a bit of cash off it.

Because the Dreamcast is a good console and its relatively easy to make games for since its so similar to a PC. Not everybody is a talentless hack that just wants to make a quick buck (not that I would consider Falco talented in a traditional sense, or really any sense).

That's not independent and counter culture enough

>That bridge between the ground and the top of the building
What the fuck

that ground tile genuinely just looks like one of the preset tilesets from RPGMaker

if you're gonna hire a dude have him do an artstyle that actually makes your game look memorable for christ's sake

What's crazy is i don't understand why he wouldn't just finish the game, And then spend the rest of his money on the dreamcast port.

In the end he got 180 THOUSAND Dollars.
And 3 years later they get youtube videos and a hair transplant.
There's absolutely no way any of this is justified.
Especially with holding all of that money and kind of being a cunt along the way.

The ENTIRE thing looks like preset shit that was just copy pasted, it's awful.

> Wanting to look sophisticated
> With some shitty generic chink earbuds
top kek

As illusionary as it looks, it's not totally out-of-nowhere. Presumably the stairs on the left happen to lead to a ground behind the building that just so happens to be exactly as tall as the building.

Which is fairly improbable but I'm not the world design police.

No, You don't understand there are literally NONE- ZERO artists that will do better than that amount of amazing art for even 10 thousand dollars.
Are you telling me there are literally thousands of untapped sprite art talent just lying around on the internet?

Are you guys fucking retarded?

Do they even have to pay fee's for releasing a game on two dead consoles?

>that amount of amazing art
But if there's no amazing art, and there isn't, how do any games that look good get made then user?

>Are you telling me there are literally thousands of untapped sprite art talent just lying around on the internet?

Yes, look at tons of other indie games and pixel artists on deviant art, there's a lot of great shit

He was being sarcastic

no

I kinda remember this guy I think, isn't he that faggot who posted pictures of him and that SJW landwhale that made Depression Quest drinking wine while saying that he was just going to waste that kickstarter money and everyone should just kiss his ass or something like that?

No, there's something wrong with it. The heights of the stone walls do not add up to the height of the building.

Holy fuck, can this guy stop sucking his own dick for five fucking minutes? He acts like him and his game is the second coming of Christ.

Man I guess they closed the public skype chat. Fug. That was fucking great.

That was hilarious. I screencappin Falkkko admitting he'd suck a furry dick or something. They were really upset after that fun and they kicked everyone

Whoosh

Wow

I see a lot about this guy but...

What's this game even about?
What this rpg maker game had of "special" to gain so much attention and money in the first place?

Because even now it seems something tottally irrelevant. Like, if you are going to donate money to a project, why choose this one?

What's the story of this game? Does it have any unic feature? What's the appeal?

Or what did they suggested was the appeal when they put on the KickStarter?

Y-you get to design your own self-insert! How great is that?