youtube.com/watch?v=IVmtUK_1jh4
youtube.com/watch?v=55rM2_XvcT4
youtube.com/watch?v=JSwVhUleRss
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
siliconera.com/2015/06/24/how-to-play-the-fire-emblem-0-card-game/
youtube.com/watch?v=2q7XCi3CmHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Daily reminder that YGO is the worst TCG ever designed

hello MTGfag, enjoying your rotating formats?

Its really not. The issue isn't the game itself, its Konami with their poor balancing attempts, especially in the US, they take ages to fix issues. MTG and Pokemon and so on can get pretty broken as well depending on the formats.

>have to control DM and DMG for it to work
Shit card.

>tfw dark magician is shit
I really like the playstyle and look of the archetype, I hope is good one day

Pokemon TCG actually knows what they're doing. Keldeo vs. Fug might just be one of the best TCG products ever released for any franchise. It has value, it has reprints, it works as an introduction to the game, both casual and competitive.

I'm still fucking assblasted that the event decks and clash packs were canceled from MtG because it "had too many good cards".

>they don't use the new DM support
>it's actually easy as fuck to have DMG and DM on the field

>yfw I get this on the field

Go on, ragequit.

>implying YGO is not beyond sasving.

C'mon man. I'm the OP and I like YGO but it's shit now. Pendulums where just the final nail in the coffin that was a dumb-fucking stupid power creep.

Is Dark Mask hard to play? His effect doesn't seem that strong tbqh, and he is sitting at 2.4k ATK so he isn't htat hard to take down.

Unless of course you're running Exodia or a draw-dependant deck.

What the fuck am I reading?

The only real pendulum decks worth a damn are Majespectres and Draco Counter. Shit the new Galaxy Blue Eyes archetype can hold its own against them.

Something that's better than GX.

If you don't already have a way to deal with him in your hand, you'll need to search/draw for it which triggers his effect and anything you play gets banished. Annoying since you lose a decent amount of resources to remove a card that's so easy to summon.

He's very easy to play and its not about his attack, its about the effect. Most decks these days make heavy use of trying to burn through their deck as quickly as possible to set up a proper strategy. You manage to get a decent hand and Dark Law out earlier you can effectively shut down tons of decks. Playing Heroes will almost always guarantee you some ragequits.

Interesting. Would you recommend trying to get into Pokemon or at least playing it casually?

Pokemon is ok at best, I'd rather play Force of Will.

You could always give the online game a go. It's free.
As for physical, you should probably ask yourself how comfortable you are being a grown ass man playing pokemon cards and curbstomping actual children.

>tfw force of will locals is full of the worst yugioh players and magic players
>but now work friday so it's really the only option I have that gets me out of the house for something that isn't work or school.
I'll probably fix my beast deck for rotation this weekend. Beast tribal was fun as shit talking over half their life in one swing thanks to Pricia and her absurd pump ability. Too bad Little Red has rotated and R/R is banned so I don't get free +400 each.

MY GRANDFATHER'S DECK HAS NO PATHETIC CARDS OP, BUT IT DOES CONTAIN THE UNSTOPPABLE FIVE.

DONT

>>tfw force of will locals is full of the worst yugioh players

I'm one of those, except I'm not an insufferable fuck and am actually trying the game out heavily. I started out 3 weeks ago, buying the Mikage deck and some boosters. I really was blown away, did not expect the game to be so fun. I immediately dumped like 500$ buying 3 Casket boxes and almost every single old card that hasn't rotated. Worth it. I really like how cheap the game can be. The 500$ were enough to buy almost everything the game has to offer. A friend sold me R/R for 3 bucks and let me tell you, that thing is overpowered as fuck, even in a noobs eyes, holy fuck. I'm keeping it for maybe jail liberation one day. Seriously though, fuck Magic and most other TCGs FoW is the shit.

CALL

>4kids Dub.

ANYBODY

Dark Law's Anti Grave effect kills a lot of the popular Archetype decks. It pretty much cripples the Crystal Beasts entirely.

How is this OP? You need to have both Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl, both of which are absolute thrash, just to use this shit.

>kills a lot of the popular Archetype decks.
>cripples the Crystal Beasts

I mean at least put up a more viable example, like Fortune Ladies with Metalfoes

the dub was hit and miss, but I will fight you to the death over the God Tier theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=IVmtUK_1jh4

>Its really not. The issue isn't the game itself
It really is with the game itself. A card game with no resources, no sense of progression or persistence, and really no fucking strategy other than executing your deck's intended behavior is poorly designed.

Why did they get the voice of Yakky Doodle from Harvey Birdman (and some random dubbed anime characters, I guess) to do the writing?

What does it mean by original names? Is it possible for the name of a card to change during a match or something?

There are cards that "transform" into others.

Yugioh was always really obnoxious to play, I felt like MTG was more streamlined.

I mean fuck, what does this card even do? It doesn't make any sense at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=55rM2_XvcT4

>tfw no LGS within reasonable driving distance to me plays Vanguard.

>Dark Magician
>literally tons of support cards
>can literally destroy all enemy spell/trap cards on a whim
>Fang of Critias
>becomes unaffected by opponent's card effects
>can use thousand knives to destroy monsters tronger than him
>can revive each turn
>can be used to Xyz summon powerful monsters
>has a fuckton of ways to be Special Summoned
>"""""""""thrash"""""""

>Dark Magician Girl
>a whole archetype that supports it
>Fang of Critias
>complements DM quite well
>has Raigeki if you wanna run more than 1
>can summon Magi Magi Magician Girl
>""""thrash""""

wew

YGO has become somewhat of a mess so cards sometimes have to go to ridiculous lenghts of specificness to avoid abuse. Case in point, you can't use, say, Prisma with this card.

It's doubly stupid because some cards literally say "this card's original name becomes X".

>that shit tier image

Lemme fix it for you, user.

>New SPYRAL going to be revealed soon

>Not going +5 with a Raff, Drancia aka instant destruction on board plus whatever stunshit/floodgates that were drawn

LMAOING AT UR DEK

New Tag force when?

Tag Force Special was amazing.

What's the best emulatable game that'll let me use Madolches?

Nostalgia boner couldnt be any bigger desu

post yfw Dueling Network got C&D'd and will never be up ever again

feels bad man

YGOPro, it's a fully up to date simulator that also has AI

>tfw bought Vingolf 1 and 2 but don't have full playsets of anything besides mana stones
Did you go to that Vegas tourney?

DN was full of faggots and dumb fucks that didn't know how to actually play the game.
Literally the only 2 things it has over YGOPro was how easy it was to spectate matches and deckbuilding.

Is there a way to slowdown the AI? I frequently can't even process what's happening.

ever played yu yu hakusho?

the game was so badly designed with power creep that it led to one turn kills being the meta and the winner was the guy who goes first.

>Konami
>making games

You should recommend one, there is more then one program that uses the open source code, and they aren't netplay compatible with each other.

Wasn't Yugioh originally intended to be a story about the legit King of Games? The title would make more sense if it was just a game about gambling fuckery, and with this the way Atem acted you'd think he was being built up as a villain

Is there anything like Dueling Network? I don't like duels getting scripted and getting spammed with "do you want to play your trap card?"

>Did you go to that Vegas tourney?
No, I'm just some nerd. I don't have the time, money, or commitment for traveling.

Vingolf as a rule of thumb sucks.

Dark Magician Girl is the only good thing to come out of this terrible game.

>x gets limited
somebody help me out here

Then hold the button to ignore the prompt.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSwVhUleRss

>Let’s have some fun
>Now bet your life
>I wanna take your puzzle
>And bring back my wife
>Let’s have some fun
>Your turn, draw five
>And revive my wife

Does the first one suck too? I saw some ok cards in there. Valyrie's one looks like shit though.

Abs Zero into this fucker is way more ragequit inducing.

>It’s time to duel, then
>But if you lose, you’ll surely lose them, boy
>(My turn, “Yugi Boy”)

>You want to beat me?
>You can try
>Got my eye from an Egyptian guy

>Yes, it’s time to play
>Time to play
>A card game
>A card game

>Su-mmon Ryu-Ran
>Just take a moment to attack you

Yeah. It had a few stuff here and there like Rasputin and Mozart but that's it. Additionally it's also rotated.

>Spellbinding circle is just what I need for me to stop you

It also allowed you to test CACs/recently revealed cards, and in casual settings it let you take back misclicks. It also scaled properly to any screen size and didn't have horribly low res art, God damn.

I place this face up in Attack mode....sorry kid, nothing personal.

>Tfw getting this combo out

Based Heroes

That's sad, i was just making a deck around it. I can use it on the other format I guess.

How is this vidya

>Let’s have some fun
>Now bet your life
>And bring back my wife
>My turn is done
>Your turn, draw five
>And revive my wife

The cards are on videogames.

What's this one for

YGO has a ton of video games.

And anyway, where should we take this? /tg/? Cred Forums?

>yu gi oh fag trying to make out that MTG is bad

AHAHAHAH

your game is literally pay 2 win IRL

KYS

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do you want Gramps
>Or you want fame?
>Are you in the game?

>Children’s card game

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do you want Gramps
>Or you want fame?
>Are you in the game?

>My Shadow Game

>More Black Luster Soldier Support
>It is all awful
Make it stop.

you know MTG is more expensive right

>And anyway, where should we take this? /tg/? Cred Forums?

either place would be more appropriate than here, but for real, if you can't figure this one out on your own, actually consider suicide.

If you are trolling, don't even consider it, just do it.

>I’m on a mission
>And it involves me being “King of Games”

>You’ve got my grandpa and Kaiba
>As well as you’ve got Mokuba
>And so I’m forced to play
>Forced to play
>Your card game
>Your card game

You can create your own cards in YGOPro, playtest them against the AI, and there are even forums dedicated to that extreme spectrum of autism.
It plays like the vidya do, and similar to actual tournaments with rule sharks, niggers won't let you let you undo a misplay.
Also, there are HD artwork patches available.

And while we're at it:
YGOPro lets you customize your backgrounds and deck sleeves for free.
Lets you customize the soundtracks and even the sound effects. Hell, you can even customize the fucking in-game symbols.

I'm not trying to shill this shit, but YGOPro is damn near objectively better than DN in just about every way imaginable. The only true edge DN had over YGOPro was that it was server based.

maybe if you only ever play new release draft tournaments

Fuck, meant for:

>all those shitty early normal monsters
>all those shitty early fusions and rituals which were a guaranteed waste of time

I wish this game were designed in a way that they could have been useful

Trish is an easy choice because of 3 dragon heads.

the original yugioh manga had yugi playing a different game each issue, so in the context of that story his name makes sense. But thanks to Konami, they sidelined that idea so he could cheat at card games.

Yugi threads are shunned and chastised in /tg/ much like any other TCG or CCG because they are all Magic fags.. Cred Forums is full of idiotic weebs that can barely play 2002 Yugi and only sperg about the anime and wank over whatever bullshit they are talking about. Cred Forums and the /vg/ dng general are the only places where you will find game discussion about it and the /vg/ one obviously has a shitton of tripfags.

>Su-mmon Summoned Skull
>Just take a moment to attack you

Duraw! Monster cardo!

So exactly the same as with any card game.
Retard.

I prefer MtG over Yugioh, but can you show me a Yugioh deck thatbwS expensive as anything in KtK standard, when decks cost around $800
Hell, I doubt anything comes close to Jund.

>My Trap Displacement is just what I need for me to stop you

>Let’s have some fun
>Now bet your life
>And bring back my wife
>Your turn is done
>My turn, draw five
>And revive my wife

TeleDAD was well worth over $1100. That is the only deck in the history of Yugioh that has passed 500$ in worth. The reason for it was that all the important cards in the deck were Secret Rare AND short printed (lower pull rates than other Secrets). You needed 3 Dark Armed Dragons per deck and there was a pull rate of about 1 per Case (12 boxes). Very dark times for the game but that is long past. Top tier competitive Yugi decks now cost 100-300 dollars if you include max rarity and extra deck.

like every single standard deck in mtg is sub 100 dollars right now

I dunno man, I like how DN gave you total liberty to do everything. Feels like an actual game, I will never not be mad at how obnoxious it is to have to cancel a game prompt. You should prompt the game to activate a card, not the other way around.

>tfw Fusions are totally butchered due to power creep
>tfw they are glorified Synchros now

A misplay isn't the same as a misclick, and having to write code just to test an idea is mad dumb. And the HD art doesn't fix the retarded scaling.

>The only true edge DN had over YGOPro was that it was server based.
And everything else already listed. The only advantage YGOpro deckbuilder had was that Flip was a category and you could search by scale, aside from that DN was far better.

And at the end of the day whether you like automated or manual is the real determining factor and purely a matter of opinion.

>literally tons of support cards
Not literally, and they aren't that great.
>can literally destroy all enemy spell/trap cards on a whim
With an extra card, not "on a whim".
>Fang of Critias
Eye of Timaeus, and even though it's leagues better than Polymerization, the options are nothing special.
>becomes unaffected by opponent's card effects
"With an extra card"
>can use thousand knives to destroy monsters tronger than him
As opposed to lots of cards with an innate effect that can do that.
>can revive each turn
"With an extra card"
>can be used to Xyz summon powerful monsters
There's only four worth using in a Black magician Deck.
>has a fuckton of ways to be Special Summoned
Only good for banishing "with an extra card"

>Dark Magician Girl
>a whole archetype that supports it
Which royally sucks.>Fan of Critias
Which turns her into a card that isn't that strong
>complements DM quite well
Not even slightly. Magician Girls clog up any deck you put them in.
>has Raigeki if you wanna run more than 1
Which can't be searched, while she has nowhere near as many ways to be summoned as other "key cards".
>can summon Magi Magi Magician Girl
Which is only useful for summoning Ebon Illusion Magician, anyway.

I've been using a Magician Girl deck since the cards came out in Japan in April. Black Magician isn't as strong as others, and Magician Girls are pretty worthless.

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do you want Gramps
>Or you want fame?
>Are you in the game?

>Children’s card game

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do you want Gramps
>Or you want fame?
>Are you in the game?

>My Shadow Game

>And at the end of the day whether you like automated or manual is the real determining factor and purely a matter of opinion.

This.

Why are you posting this? To bump the thread?

>I can see you staring there from across the field

There's nothing convoluted or stupid about the way names are treated. When it's specified, it's meant for you to use those actual cards, as you said, and cards that change their original name are meant to take the place of those cards on the field. It's easy to understand.

Considering standard just rotated and nobody knows what to play, that's no surprise.
Co-Co was like $400, and that's all people played in standard

what's the point of this card?

>But thanks to Konami
You mean Shonen Jump.

I can accept that. Apples and oranges.
I'd rather deal with the occasional misclick than having to deal with a faggot taking up 30+ minutes of my time just because he can't understand a basic ruling.

DN was bretty gud as long as you wasn't playing rated.
YGOPro is that custom car that lets you do whatever you want with it, as long as you can be arsed to do it.

sauce on pic?

What, I can't post a littlekuriboh-style Lady Gaga song parody?

he's a burger and he's hungry what more could you fucking want you fucking sow

>can't use Prisma with this card

Then DevPro must have been bugged back when i was playing

I dont think anyone is particularly amused by it honestly.

Geiger Counter episode 1

>With a hand full of cards
>And a plan in your… huh?

Well, it's almost done, anyway.

You have to evaluate a card around its support too, user. New DM support is pretty dope and Eternal Soul is OP if you can protect it.

yugioh abridged is for 13 year olds.

>The story of us, it always starts the same.
>With a boy, and a pharaoh, and a (Huh?)
>And a game!

>And a game!
>And a game!
>And a game!
>A card game!

Yeah, of course. I stopped playing DN for a long time because I was tired of arguing with teenagers and 3rd worlders. Now I mostly play against the AI in YGOpro, and go to locals every week.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g

Better than Exodiaposting.

You know what I'm talking about.

Hey ygo fags how do you like your decks being banned every ban list change.

Is it? Is it really?

>Then DevPro must have been bugged back when i was playing

I must have, Prisma doesn't have original names.

That's the thing with some rulings in YGO, they aren't that intuitive and sometimes a machine is not your best bet unless you go to extreme lengths with it. Meanwhile in RL or in DN you can just Google it.

It's easy to understand but it does get pretty convoluted when they try to retcon gen 1 cards into viability.

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do you want Gramps
>Or you want fame?
>Are you in the game?

>Children’s card game

But Magic is the game where you can't play any of your old cards when formats change. YGO bans and unbans around 15 cards at a time, and 90% of the time it doesn't completely kill a certain deck.

>tfw they banned your cards needed for a mill deck 1 turn win

>New DM support is pretty dope
That new V Jump promo is pretty cool, but the new support wasn't even the best thing in the set. I worked hard to build an okay deck with Magician Girls, and half of my cards still get no use. Ebon High Magician should be the greatest card in the deck, but you have to use so many cards just to cycle your 3 Level 7 monsters that you can't use as many cards that will actually hurt the opponent; focusing on banishing is the only viable option, and there are only 3 main options for that: Dark Magical Circle, Ebon Illusion Magician, and Dark Magician of Chaos--which is Main Deck and a pain because of it. The new support that's all about getting Magician in your hand actively discourages Xyz Summons, and those are the only options outside of 3 Fusion monsters, which still require you to use Timaeus which can't be searched.
Blue-Eyes went UNTOUCHED, baby!

MtG has eternal formats. They very easily update the ban lists with them

BE is very well balanced, I wouldn't be surprised if it never hits the list.

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Do I want Gramps
>Or I want fame?
>Am I in the game?

>Your Shadow Game

Wight is best. Wightprincess is best daughter.
Even if she is worse Unizombie

>always thought it was an eye on top
>it's actually the flag of japan
D E E P E S T L O R E

That's because rotation. I stopped playing right after RtZ. I bought into Jeskai Blue and that ran me about 450, not including the side cards. With faster block rotations standard is more expensive than ever and the buy in for a low tier modern deck is a couple hundred.

That's why there's multiple formats vintage(no one plays), legacy, modern, standard(rotates).

And how is that different from Yu-Gi-Oh?

I wanted to run a build on all of the 20th Collector's Pack cards, but they limited the one card needed to make a good deck with Masked Hero Blast.
I'm super happy about it. Using Monster effects to get cards on the field from the deck was smart, since it gives you lots of options for Extra Deck and Spells/Traps.

The buy in for those eternal formats are insane. You could argue that once you buy in, that's it and there isn't extra cost unless you want to build something new. Problem is that the initial buy in dissuades a lot of people from the get go.

Since people are chasing master work artifacts, most cards I'm Kaldesh have low prices.
Standard rotates faster, but a tier 1 deck is like $200. KtK standard was like $850 for a tier 1 deck

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Yes, I’ll save Gramps
>And I’ll get fame?
>Yes, I’m in the game?
>(Let’s have some fun)
>(Now bet your life)

>Your Shadow Game
>(I wanna take your puzzle)
>(And bring back my wife)

>Let’s play a card game
>Play a card game
>Yes, I’ll save Gramps
>And I’ll get fame?
>Yes, I’m in the game?
>(Now make your move)
>(Your turn, draw five)

>Your Shadow Game
>(I wanna take your puzzle)
>(And bring back my wife)

>I’m “King of Games”

THERE! IT"S DONE!

ok

>he doesn't play with the Athena playmat

Megaman NT warrior... I miss that show

Which is still about as expensive as YGO with YGI laster permanently. A lot of YGO staples never fall out use but with MTG they rarely print cards anymore that are usable in competitive modern so you can't get back hardly any money from resell. The notable exception that I can think of is flip Jace and I don't know how much modern use he even sees anymore since I quit.

That one user was trying to discredit MtG for having a rotating format.
MtG has plenty of formats that don't rotate, and wotc rarely gives enough of a shit to ban anything from them.

> Tfw I still own this card since 2006
I still have the tin as well. Should I play yugioh again? Haven't played since the end of 5Ds. My girlfriends friend loves it and still plays it. He has over 10 usable decks

Best archetype every other just isnt as good

Ygo is so fucking gay all this thread is is 1 dude cringingly making a song

The first thing you have to accept is that Neos was, is, and forever will be trash.

Thanks.

darklaw frog is some of the most bullshit things ive played

shits so consistent

The user he was responding to was trying to imply that Yu-Gi-Oh was made unplayable by banlists, to which the response is "rotating formats do that way harder".
Incidentally Yu-Gi-Oh also has alternative formats.

>Opponent has Sifr Spark Dragon and a bunch of strong Xyz Monsters, plus running traps that negate attacks
>Summon Black Magician with Magical Circle on the field
>Effect is negated and destroyed
>Xyz Summong Ebon High Magician
>Place 2 cards face down, turn end
>Opponent attacks with Sifr Spark
>Activate Mirror Force, negate trap
>Activate Magician's Navigate to Summon BM and BMG
>activate Magic Expand, destruction on Sifr Spark is negated, but no other Magic/Trap cards so opponent lets other effects go through
>Lowers attack with Quick-Play Spell, attacks with another monsters
>Activate this card from the hand using High Magician's effect, destroy Sifr but lose BM
>Draw Choco Magician Girl, activate effect
>Draw Mahad and summon
>Attack opponents Dark Xyz Monster; effects makes them lose all other monsters
>Direct attack for win

That game was intense. Holding off until that point was pretty lucky for me.

You first need accept that Neo is trash.

So you can go back, the game is a lot faster now.

>Incidentally Yu-Gi-Oh also has alternative formats.
Not any one of them, but I have legitimately never seen or heard of a real life traditional tournament, let alone unlimited.

>that deck

Actually looks pretty good. I always forget that Solemn Strike is at 3, damn.

I would say thats mostly because no one cares about them, which is mostly because there's not really a need for them.

thank god degeneracy hasnt come back

that was both the best and worst format of yugioh

dragons were too good and too splashable

Was he the worst elemental hero?
Also I thought 5Ds was pretty fast

A lot more searchers.

Anyone with half brain can vomit the field with monsters, even more easy with xyz summon.

I made an ehero deck back in the day, and every year or so, I go back and update it.

Has the hero meta changed at all since... those nice fire and dark heroes got added?

I love yugioh, i really do. i buys packs, go to locals and trade with friends still, but between the power creep and konamis horrid attempts at ban lists, it makes it very hard to want to keep going.

With this, I kill the nostalgiafag.

masked heros is the top hero deck to play since it hits fast and hard with tagging in and out cause of quick play cards

>tribute for gammaciel

done

I will always miss D R A G O N S format.

Heroes is about to be Darklaw + Treatoad

ultimaya deck anyone?

except that superheavy samurais exist

Probably because you suck shit so they only way you could win is with a Tier 0 deck.

but kaijus is a out for EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING

>hello MTGfag, enjoying your rotating formats?
Yes because it means I don't have to deal with power creep garbage because the card game I play isn't made by Konami.

>That is the only deck in the history of Yugioh that has passed 500$ in worth.
What about Nekroz?

if you can find a group of people that dont play pure meta decks and are try hards then yes you should totally play! theres tons of fun shitty archetypes out there that are fairly cheap to put together.

except vanitys...
and kristya
and mask of restrict
and exodia....
but yeah kaijus will pretty much solve any other problem you have.

>Played Yugioh since GX era
>stopped playing right before ARC-V came out
>fell entirely out of the loop with Yugioh
From what I've seen from the best decks they all look like some combination of smaller archetypes.
What are some good pet decks that came out in ARC-V era?

what.
the.
fuck.

Literally OTK or even FTK with a lucky first hand.

Is this shit at three?

performapals are strong

Jokes on you, I never played them.

well with todays meta you can play anything since there has been no established Tier 1 deck right now thats dominating

everythings fair game

>Get my deck combo in my hands.
>AI always activate Vanity/Skill drain or some shit to stop it.

Every fucking time.

You forgot nekroz, kozmos, E drags, current blue eyes, and pretty much any deck you want to raity whore out. hell you could make black wings cost 700 if you really wanted to.

Lunalights

>letting me do 3400 damage for free

It's actually ridiculously hard to pull off. It's a complicated process to actually get it out on the field with the proper conditions for the OTK, and your opponent has plenty of chances to disrupt you and stop the OTK before it happens.

There will be when ARC-V comes to a close.
Every aesthetically pleasing deck out of ARC-V just becomes supports for other decks.
>deskbots
>that one power ranger deck
I'd play Kozmoz if every retard under the sun didn't use them and if their gameplay wasn't so fucking stupid.

Eat shit, Distraction global.

well more of what im saying is, that since he's been out for a while and wants to re enter he may be suprised at how fast and expensive the game can get. so by staying away from people who run only the best of the best stuff, you can test the waters and get a better feel for the game. rather than getting shat on by yang zing metalfoes and then wondering what happened to the game you left.

>tfw started hating the game when Synchro was introduced
>finally got used to it
>xyz came along
>I just gave up
>years later
>feeling the itch again
>fucking Pendulums exist

Welp, I guess I always have the 3ds games to fall back on.

>Pendulums where just the final nail in the coffin that was a dumb-fucking stupid power creep.

Except that Pendulums suck.

Dracoslayers and Performapals were dominant for a while, yeah, but that was because of the strength of the archetypes themselves, not the mechanic. Most of the other Pendulum decks range from good to awful, and few of them really make use of the Pendulum mechanic for their plays.

In theory looks like a easy OTK or FTK, in pratice shit is impractical as fuck to summon and anyone with half brain can shut down easy.

Anyone else feel like Pendulums is the last thing they're going to introduce to the Yugioh game.
I feel like after the anime ends everything is just going to become open season and there will never be a deck that will be tier 0, it'll just depend on how well you build your decks.

except that metalfoes are a thing that you can splash into most decks now...

Eternal Soul is GARBAGE! ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

>[/thread]
can't believe nobody's called you out on this

wow i didn't even format this like a question
it's 1 am and there's a yugioh thread
what a horrible night to be alive right now

>Peirce damage
FUCKING FINALLY!

they should buff fusions first

those things are TOO BIG for a childrens card game!

is that the same game that mermaid mega tits is from?

>your game is literally pay 2 win IRL

Thats every TCG ever made

Construct banned, but Donte still at 3.

I don't know what they are thinking.

If they stopped trying so hard to revive E-HEROS with new cards and try to make different fusion decks that aren't complete trash like Fluffs then yeah fusion will be great.
A new fusion deck that allows you to be consistent with your polys and draw power would be 10/10

Okay, yeah, I forgot about Metalfoes. They're not even broken though. They're good, and they're strong, but they're not overpowered or anything.

No. That's from Force of Will.
Mermaid tits are from Vanguard.

>buff Fusions

>Dracoslayer has a fusion monster
>Shaddolls ruled the game for a while
>still getting pretty decent fusion decks like Lunalights

Nah. Fusion is okay right now.

>tfw nobody play FE Cipher cardgame.

NoA pretending that this don't exist hurts a little more.

still, those are dangerously big

and i thought harpy lady was big...

>Fluffal/Frightfur also exist

i need some physical gwent in my life

I just want someone to play Z/X with.

>tfw have cipher sleeves for Camilla and Femui
>also bought a starter deck for Conquest for shits and giggles
That envy is delicious. I wish I knew how it actually worked though. Someone said it's similar to Vanguard.

>Playing YGO
>Playing a 2-Turn game

its like I'm playing legacy without FoW

They made a video tutorial, well as this shit.

siliconera.com/2015/06/24/how-to-play-the-fire-emblem-0-card-game/

I find funny and annoying that most cards are priced reasonable, but waifu cards cost like a leg, this include marth.

Doesn't mean that the mechanic itself isn't trash.

I'm trying to think of a card that doesn't destroy but doesn't target. Castel targets, right? Fucking hate that card.

Yeah I fucked up big time there. Meant to put spoiler tags but guess my brain farted.

no, u suck brah

They should stop releasing fucking non-fusion Fusion monsters first.

Someone said no target?

I really love the butthurt when I send some shit back.

>that one archetype that is kinda shit, but you still like it
what's it's name Cred Forums?

Fuck you and your shitty deck

Gimmick Puppet

Gadgets, isn't that amazing but get the job done.

>tfw Wixoss will never be popular

Why did I watch the whole thing? Why was that so mesmerizing and beautiful?

There are multiple Mirror Force cards that came out in the previous 4 sets.

i like rank10s voice its comforting

>no, u suck brah
Nah, Eternal Soul is trash.

>you flip Eternal Soul
>play out your turn, filling your field with monsters
>switch to battle phase
>I flip Twin Twisters/MST, gg no re :^)

Hearthstone is pretty awful.

It's so slavik. He even threw in a good "cheekie breekie" for measure.

what popular tcg had the cheapest high tier deck?

monarch deck was competitive and you just needed 3 structure decks.

>you flip TT/MST
>except I have Cairgoronox
>or Dark Bribe
>or Magic Jammer
>or many other fucking cards that let me protect my trump cards

You're not even trying, user.

Not a TCG

I use it alongside Kiwi Magician Girl, since that protects Spellcasters from destruction effects.

>dark bribe/magic jammer
nice hand advantage nerdlord

Shut up fag.

Learn the difference between a TCG and a CCG

>Not gambling all your victories on top decks

I'll flip Twin Twister before you can Xyz summon

Also

>running Dark Bribe and Magic Jammer in the year 2016

Come on. You can do better.

they're making a stand-alone (online) version soon, if that gives you any comfort

I think it's a worthy trade for a key card. Anyway I just forgot cards that negate so I just pulled those up.

So you HAVE to use this effect when possible, right?

No, you just use it whenever.

I used to run what was pretty much a pure Worm deck.
What modern archetype would I enjoy?

Neos.

youtube.com/watch?v=2q7XCi3CmHs

What was even so great about them?
The 'once per turn' shit printed on every fucking card kinda ruined it for me.

I'm actually watching one of his videos right now.
I think he was too hard on Worms. They were never top tier, but they were decent back in the day, especially once they got W Nebula Meteor.

>33 minutes of autism with a dumb accent

Lynx was pretty great in Scarab decks. He didn't give it enough credit.
That's about it.

are gba yugioh games good ?

Worm Victory was actually pretty damn solid. Easy to summon from the graveyard, incredibly strong beat stick once you got some worms to the graveyard which was easy, since Future Fusion wasn't banned at the time, and an ability that lets it wipe the field. I won me a fair amount of duels.

I loved this one back in the day.

No because the games are outdated as fuck and the AI is piss easy to exploit or make obvious plays like putting a trap hole.

And yes because they are decent and have some content to play. DS games are better.

once i saw a thread about a gba yugioh game and everyone was calling it impossible, by any chance is that game you posted? because i don't want to get frustrated, i just want a comfy tcg game like duelmasters

i don't know shit about yu gi oh so i think a little easy will be good, atleast better than mindless rpgs without any combat, tcg games would atleast have some strategy right?

You should check out the Wiki so you don't miss one. Some are just playing and buying cards, but others have stories. Duel Monsters 7/8 don't follow the OCG/TCG gameplay because the series is older than the real-life card game.

Pretty sure reshef of destruction is the one that's bullshit. I played a lot of 2006 and duel academy back i the day and they were mostly fine.

but theres a yugioh general on /vg/!

Rate my shirty attempt at UA

Most DM game, inb4 the original series, don't really follow the proper rules, they use some bullshit and star system is fucked.

GX and later properly use the rules.

It pretty good to learn the basics, but the game changed really a lot, I would recommend tag force special to make sure that you aren't going lose anything.

But if you want, go ahead.

ty guys from today on i think i will take a break from 3rd strike and vampire savior

Defend this

>face down

I can't.

More like pot of stupidity.

If you really want to check, there is YGOpro that is a simulator, it gets updated frequently and have all the recent cards plus unreleased stuff. Well as obligatory online play.

You need know to play at least the basics obviously.

>More like pot of stupidity.
>its selling for $100 and runs in every deck

Is there some drawback to banishing cards face down I'm not seeing? This looks amazing for a lot of decks.

Relinquished being good fucking when?

nah i want something with story and GX looks really good

>This looks amazing for a lot of decks.
hence why it costs $100 and is limited. Banished face down means it cant be used by anything basically. if a card says "ss a banished x" you cant ss it. All you can do is check the cards

Never, TER got unbanned and did fucking nothing.

Powercreep is a hell of thing.

You can't use them or retrieve them withat anything practical. Sometimes this can mean your important combo pieces are lost. It is also impossible to resolve 3 without killing yourself in a 40 card deck.

You cant do much with face-down banish, outside of select cards like Psy-Frame Lord Omega. Its currently one of the hardest forms of removal in the game right now.
But you're right, it is amazing for a lot of decks hence its $100 price tag.

MAI HUSBANDO

Eh, I see some potential with Necroface as a reset option, but I guess if you end up removing it it's a -5 for you and the opponent, making it kind of risky.

I was That Kid who made a gravity bind deck to annoy my friends with back in high school

change "target" to "select"
ez.

That's only in the TCG, however.

>That's only in the TCG, however.
you can look at banished fd cards in any format, or do you mean retrieve them? im sure you acbnt in the ocg

Levels??

That is something to eat?

Rip Level eater

Lucky for me I only played back when Syncros were the new mechanic that I didn't understand or use

What, Crystal Beasts are viable. I was gone for like 3 months, what the fuck happened?

I guess he means gem knights.

Since it is the only archetype that share a bit of same concept.

>D.D. Helios/Gren Maju + Pot of cupidity and Marco Cosmos
I love having a 8000 attack monster on turn 1

are X-Sabers still shit tier?

And take away the shared damage. Seriously, what the fuck?

Go use your shit card somewhere else

learn to play

While this is true, I still think the powercreep is absolutely off the charts. It's probably the bane of TCGs

i dont play pokemon tcg. Is this a particularly rare card? a free 6 cards sounds dumb as fuck

>a free 6 cards sounds dumb as fuck
1)this cards been illegall for years, pokemon bans old sets
2)its a baby so it will be on the field for like a turn
3)pokemon doesnt top deck, especially in 2011
4)bottom right, its "rare"

Reshef of destruction, you have to rely on broken game mechanics to get throughout game.

The meta is terrible.

As a complete retard when it comes to YGO, what made DRAGONS so hated?

>gaijin text