Your opinion on We Happy Few?

Your opinion on We Happy Few?

Is this a youtube parody vid?

unplayable, full of bugs.

better premise than execution, and that's saying something cause the premise isn't so great

Thought the trailer was neat but then I found out it was yet just another procedurally generated survival game and I lost all interest

>could've been a neat BioShock clone with really well-crafted linear stages and a unique stealth method
>no it's just a survival game with crafting and the same ten buildings repeated in a grid

The intro is the only good part of the entire game.
That and the one Austin Powers reference, that made me smile at least.

Good setting, lacklustre gameplay, ugly graphics. Hopefully they follow up on the work they said they're doing to fix it.

>bioshock clone

This stupid fucking meme again

How is that a meme?

Idiots keep on saying "It's like Bioshock" because of vague similarities in art style due to sharing the Unreal Engine, when every single gameplay trailer has shown it is nothing like Bioshock; it's not even a shooter.

I never got a good explanation why the government would do something so odd and childish as make the people in the office think rat is a pinata. What exactly does that accomplish?

fucking garbage

Well it's '60s-styled and set in a populists of drugged-up crazy people, it's not that far off.
It's really only a thematic thing, not that anyone's expecting there to be genetic super-powers or shooting people in the face.

>60's styled
Yes, which is Mod culture. Bioshock's aesthetic is Art Deco (1920s-30s).
>populists
Don't you mean populace?

I did actually mean populace, I'm not sure how that got turned into populists by my fingers.

But you've got me on the art deco point.

The drug makes people perceive the grotesque and disgusting as opulent and luxurious, thus hiding all the squalor and other failings of the state

>see at E3
>looks pretty interesting
>find out it's just some shitty crafting survival game for literally no reason

I'm sick of this meme

Good premise for a game ruined by the crafting survival shtick

Crafting's not so bad since collecting items to make key items sort of plays like an Adventure RPG. It's the survival part that's killing the game. Just when you start to get lost in immersion the stupid "you need to eat something" pops up to tear you out of it.

What the fuck is even the point of crafting systems in games?

If I already know the governments up to some shady shit and its obvious why its up to shady shit then any pretense the game has that there's any potential for conspiracy is lost. Life fucking sucks in whatever world this takes place in and Big brother gives people happy pills, that's it, conspiracy over. Artstyle and design looked pretty good but the procedural generation counters that by making the actual city look like fucking garbage. Also crafting has been played to death when all this game needed was a really good stealth focus a la Thief or Dishonored with most of the weapons taken out.

normie bait with super provoking deep themes like
>man society pressures you to be happy all the time, and take drugs, woooowwww, really makes you think

The poorly implemented survival aspect killed it for me.

The setting and premise is fascinating but the game play makes me want to kill myself.

this

I think the timing was bad. There seems to be a lot of these stories going around right now. It's probably totally fine as it is, but I'm super disinterested at the moment.

i hope this run based survival shit goes away soon

food and drink meters are not fun

Seemed like it would've been a cool creepy story.
From all videos of playthroughs it showed it was heavily dependant on shitty survival mechanics, where most players just ran around beating the shit out of people for loot drops instead of trying to blend in and not raise suspicion like the trailers suggested.
I think their decision to release in early access absolutely killed all hype and buzz for their game and left a bad first impression with a lot of people.

I liked it's style and atmosphere, but I hated that it's just another fucking survival game.

100% this, looked like a Bioshock-esque (they more or less stole the art style) horror survival game with a deep and interesting story.

It's some lazy ass survival game with procedural generated levels and no story. Could not be less interested.

>they share engine
Unreal Engine 4 is not Unreal Engine 3