Resident Evil 7 will be a fucking walking simulator

>Resident Evil 7 will be a fucking walking simulator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_5kwX0LZAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guns are in, as well focus on characterization. The game will be fine, not a lot has been announced on it.

>The game will be fine
Thanks, Madame Swanne. Next, can you read my palm?

Dumb frog poster

WELCOME

4 ruined the series and survival horror as a genre anyway.

I looked at the controls during the demo and saw aim and shoot controls so it won't be have no fear

>Time is being wasted on this garbage instead of just using it on REmake 2 and RE7
Can't wait till it gets canned after release.

if you have no patience you can't enjoy tension ...
I don't think RE is for you user.

life is a walking simulator

RE hasn't been about tension since 3.

>Amnesia: The Dark Descent came out 6 years ago

God, I feel so old...

nice pepe, where did you get it?

They're trying to cash in on the hype P.T. had

The thing is P.T. was a tech demo. If P.T. was any longer than the 30 minutes to an hour it would've been atrocious

dumb frogposter

>first person
>resident e7L edgy name
>no characters from the other games

Game is confirmed utter garbage. It's on a tier only rivaled by Mahfia 3 and Metal Gear: surviVe for fucking up a series.

jesus mate get in line and get over it

I would be OK with RE7 if it was more like Condemned then Amnesia and those sort of games, but jesus fuck it just looks like they tried to rip off P.T. without any of the flair.

So? Literally the greatest video game of all time is derided as a walking simulator.
I'm not a REposter, but Rebecca a best.

>>no characters from the other games

you don't know that tho

OP wouldn't know that.

They've stated as much.

Not a bad thing. What the fuck do you want them to do with leon/chris/Jill at this point?

TO

>Literally the greatest video game of all time is derided as a walking simulator.
>Literally
It's not even worth asking what you're talking about.

>has combat
>"it's a walking simulator, guys!"

dumb frogposter

So?

Who cares. They've only been bringing them back as fan service up until this point anyway. Give it a rest.

so basically we'll get house of the evil ?

Nah, we're getting the Texas Chainsaw Resident X The Blair Witch Evil.

>Literally the greatest video game of all time is derided as a walking simulator.
What?

THE

it's literally going to be like RE1 in first person.

FAMILY

SON

>People forgetting that RE had first person games before, but were on-rails

The game might not be good, but I welcome an attempt to do something "new" to the series.

Has anyone actually forgot about Survivor?

so tell me how I'm wrong, dipshit. you literally can't.

the classic style health bar is confirmed. there's guns, melee weapons, healing items and inventory management, so the term "walking simulator" has no place being thrown around here. what the fuck else is needed?

I agree, it's not a walking simulator. It's also not "LITERALLY going to be like RE1 in first person". Also, you made the claim, you provide the evidence

>Also, you made the claim, you provide the evidence

I just did? check the fucking trailers, everything I stated has long been confirmed in the game.

life is a shit game too

no, life is a shitposting simulator.

All right you faggots need to learn to dont believe in everything they fucking says

Remember whem kojima says quiet have a ´´good``reason to being almost naked?

Or that the Arkhan knight devs totally said that Jason Todd wasnt the AK?
Stop being sheep you morons

It says you are a faggot.

Nothing you said means that, and I quote, "it's literally going to be like RE1 in first person." It's a different setting, with an increased focused on melee combat (from developer interviews) with new stealth mechanics not featured in RE1 or REmake. It's also not clear if the game will have the level design of RE1.

>It's a different setting

for the most part it's a spooky house setting with what looks like some dark wooded areas. sounds pretty RE1 like to me. "literally" might be a bit far fetched, but judging from what we already do know, it sure doesn't seem much fucking different at all.

Judging by everything else I've written and has been shown in trailers, it's pretty different.

well what then? what other than the obvious fact that it's in first person and may offer some light stealth mechanics is so radically different? besides those two differences, I just don't see how it's any different at all.

>Walking Simulator
>Game has fucking quick turn.

At least get informed before you fags start bitching about the game.

Why would a first person game need a quick turn button though?

>Stealth
That's a big fucking difference from RE1, don't pretend it isn't.
>Setting
RE1 was in an eccentric-ass masion, while RE7 is set in the Southern forests and swamps.
>Increased focus on melee combat
RE7 has multiple melee weapons confirmed for the game, while RE1 had the knife which was essentially useless.
And this is all ignoring just how different the camera perspective shift is: A first person game cannot be that similar to how a third person game with tank controls and fixed camera angles was designed and paced. They're fundamentally different experiences.

>Why would a first person game need a quick turn button though?

Because you don't know anything about Resident Evil game design.

Welcome to the family, son

It's been a series staple since RE3, to haul ass from monsters.

>A first person game cannot be that similar to how a third person game with tank controls and fixed camera angles was designed and paced. They're fundamentally different experiences.

Oh boy it's like I'm really back pre-Metroid Prime launch!

>Why would a RE game have quick turn?
gee i don't know

Not an argument.

>It's been a series staple since RE3

RE3 was also where the series steered further away from survival horror and closer to being an action game.

>RE1 was in an eccentric-ass masion

Yeah, a mansion in a forest. Sounds awfully different from RE7, huh?

...Okay? It doesn't change how all RE games after it had a quick turn, including the REmake. Is that game not not survival horror?

So being set in a forest immediately means it's the same setting? You're also ignoring how it was a forest up in the moutains, while RE7 is in a southern Marsh-like area.

>mountains*

No, my point was it's not really a staple of the series IMO. I not that there's anything wrong with it though. I guess it's nice to have in a game with tank controls as you already have limited control, but I just don't see how it can be very useful in a first person game.

>You're also ignoring how it was a forest up in the moutains, while RE7 is in a southern Marsh-like area.

Alright, what's your point? Do you actually think we're going to explore that much of it anyway? They're both a fucking big house in a forest, face it, it's the same shit.

>So being set in a forest immediately means it's the same setting? You're also ignoring how it was a forest up in the moutains, while RE7 is in a southern Marsh-like area.

This is some severe splitting hairs bullshit user.

What's wrong with a Southern Plantation Mansion?

Press F to fire gun

For those who dislike RE7 so far, did you mind RE4-6?

>They're both a fucking big house in a forest
If you can't actually see the difference, you're clearly just too set in your ways to actually talk about this. The mansion in RE1 is a pristine puzzlebox, meant to play like some bizarre project by a crazed old man, and the RE7 "Big House" is a dirty shack in the vein of Toby Hooper's original Texas Chainsaw massacre.

>What's wrong with a Southern Plantation Mansion?
Nothing at all, but It's not the same location of RE1.

It really is going to be fucking bad. The last two games tried to be CoD action orientated without none of the eerie atmosphere. Now we are heading into FPS cancer hell.

I really wish Crapcum would fucking go bankrupt. Hopefully with this game. They will.

>The mansion in RE1 is a pristine puzzlebox, meant to play like some bizarre project by a crazed old man

Who's to say there probably won't be puzzles in RE7 too? In fact I'm pretty we know for sure there will be.

>and the RE7 "Big House" is a dirty shack

Stop right there. I'm not talking about the tiny fucking shack from the PSN demo. Watch the fucking trailers again.

Both Revelations games were still pretty solid though.

How fuckign hard is it to make another REmake? I mean really? Are the idiots over there this fucking stupid? Another first person shooter horror theme game? not like we don't have a 100 indie games that do that already, and better.

I'm looking forward to it and it's rekindled my interest in the series. I actually went through REmake with my friends after the announcement and we plan on running 2 and 3 over the winter. Maybe 4 and 5. I don't like 6 but fuck it, may as well do that one too.

what if there's a third person or a fixed camera mode

I'm not talking about the demo wither. Watch the original Texas Chainsaw, it's very clearly a major influence.
>Who's to say there probably won't be puzzles in RE7 too?
You're missing my point: The mansion itself WAS the puzzle, so to speak. It was designed to be this cryptic estate that no sane person would ever live in, with ridiculous traps and the like. The RE7 mansion will have puzzles, obviously, but the atmosphere the game is going for, as seen in the trailers and the demo, isn't the same as the mansion from RE1.

They were multiplayer, and single player option had gay ass AI shit just like with RE5-6. They were terrible.

Neat
REmake 2 is coming, so we have that.

To little to late. Another first person perspective game. This looks like a total disappointment.

>either*

>he honestly unironically believes that the 7th game in a series will be good

>The mansion itself WAS the puzzle, so to speak

As was the precinct, and basically all classic RE locations if you think about it, but how can you say this early that the RE7 house won't also be the same?

>what is FFIV

oh wait, that's shit too, right?

No, only the mansion and the precinct were like that. The Police Station was like that mainly because Irons was both in Umbrella's pocket, and totally nuts. Also, you're now arguing theoretics: Until it's seen that it's the case, it isn't so and RE7 isn't just a first person RE1.

FFVII*

I don't know how I fucked up my roman numerals that badly.

DIE

Frogposters being retarded as usual.

>Mass Effect Andromeda will be a successful and great game

Daily reminder of what could have been

youtube.com/watch?v=h_5kwX0LZAc

Didn't that become Haunting Ground\ Clock Tower 3?

Life is scary

>fucking walking simulator
I played a bunch of walking simulators, and a bunch of fucking simulators, but I don't think I've ever played a fucking walking simulator.

It'll be interesting, especially in VR.