Have you ever gone to a Lan party Cred Forums? Share your Lan party stories

Have you ever gone to a Lan party Cred Forums? Share your Lan party stories.

No cause I'm not a fucking dweeb

do competitive events count

Army base when I was still in the baracks.

We got drunk on base and played UT and Warcraft 2

Me and my good buddies still do LAN parties. We gather at one of our houses (usually mine because I have a large unoccupied area in the basement) get drunk, eat tons of pizza or whatever, and play a lot of games. We rotate often with classic Doom, Risk of Rain, CSS (or GO), Battleblock theatre, Rainbow Six Siege etc.

Before all of our Xbox's red ringed we would also sometimes do Hoard in GoW3, Halo Reach, and other co-op games. I still want to play Lost Planet 2 with all of them.

Yes

then yes

everyone is taking adderall before the matches and then we all get drunk and either go out depending on where the event is or go to an after party

it's actually pretty run of the mill, especially considering you'd imagine esports players to be virgin nerds but it reminds me of going to parties back in high school, except we're competing in games during the thing and there's usually less drugs involved. just dudes hanging out, the more social of us talk to girls and hehe xd in hotels if we're not getting drunk. the underage players usually follow us around and then get drunk in the hotel

>Lost Planet 2
I miss co-op in that game so much, the multiplayer was good too. I think it's on steam if you all want to get it and play that on PC together, servers are still up.

Me and my friends have been having Halo Online parties every week. I guess that doesn't count as LAN but whatever. As kids I would do Halo LAN on Xbox all the time though.

>halo
Is combat evolved co-op on PC?!

>bring a hard drive full of games
>everyone just played LoL and Starcraft 2
>not even playing with each other, just laddering
>one guy playing WoW in the corner by himself
>the only LAN game we played was Minecraft for 15 minutes

Idk, I haven't played the PC versions of 1+2 in ages.

Never really a LAN proper, just taking my computer over to my friend's house and playing RuneScape together until 3:00 AM.

>got really high
>confused one Asian friend for another
shit was awkward

I remeber staying up all night with friends on the day Minecraft beta was released.

I had one just a few days ago actually, came back yesterday.
>Played insurgency, CS:GO
>Space Engineers
>Cheap coles $2.50 pizza rolls
>Sunkist
>Banter
It was pretty fun tbhq senpai, especially when we do stupid shit in CS:GO because we're all Silver 2

My childhood was filled with LAN parties.
I remember playing hours upon of hours of Half Life Deathmatch, Counter Strike, C&C games, Cod one round after the other. I remember playing so long i think i had a minor stroke, half my body was numb.

WHATS A LAN PARTY, BIG BRO!?

WOT, YOU GET YOUR COMPUTERS TOGETHER TO PLAY GAMES? THEN WHY DO WE HAVE STEAM TO PLAY ONLINE WITH YOUR FRIENDS?

>tfw nova3
>all my friends are early silver
>carry them through every game
Feels good tbqh

Never, they sound fun though.

>Mfw used to be nova 2
>Mfw the rank rework
Put me back at silver 1 fuck i was mad

ah yes, LAN parties, I organise it like twice a year for like 6-10 people, it's usually great fun

once you go through all the
>technical problems
>I don't wanna play that game
>Godlike player vs. people who play for the first time
>people who bring shitty PCs

after that you can actually get some fun going

>dat moment everyone is ready and the game starts
>dat banter
>dem awesome close matches
>dat moment the pizza guy arrives
>dat comfy feel when playing shitty game at 6am without sleep
>NO GIRLS ALLOWED