What's the low intelligence dialogue in Fallout 3 & 4 like?

What's the low intelligence dialogue in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Is it any good? Would you recommend trying a low intelligence build for role playing a raider?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqTUNtOjMo4
youtube.com/watch?v=EwKnNncpauE
youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?
youtube.com/watch?v=PZkwHwZO75c
youtube.com/watch?v=vpaeNy8I5vM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I simply wouldn't recommend those games. Play new Vegas if you want a good fallout game

They don't exist.

What are the traits in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Are they any good? Would you recommend trying a challenging build for role playing an evil character?

fallout 3 and 4 don't have special low intelligence dialogue, all of the dialogue already is

Fuck off shill

Shill, for a game made in 1998???
r u ok?

How are the prostitutes in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Are they any good? Would you recommend trying a high charisma build for role playing a gigolo?

Fallout 4 doesn't have dialog options, let alone low INT ones.

I'm still mad about that shit dialog.

How are the tribals in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Are they any good? Would you recommend trying an unarmed skill build for role playing a martial arts warrior?

>Roleplaying
>Fallout 3 or 4
HAAH
WAAW
That's a good fucking joke user.

This is literally the only one.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqTUNtOjMo4

Stop right there you memer, there are a few hookers in Fallout 3. Todd didn't leave that out until 4.

>always play good characters
>always play high int characters
>none of these things bother me

How are the factions in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Are they any good? Would you recommend trying a high intelligence build for role playing a mediator?

>always

How is the gambling in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Is it any good? Would you recommend trying a high luck build for role playing a lottery winner?

3 has SOME low intelligence dialogue, as does NV. It's not for every bit of dialogue, mostly for story relevant NPCs if I recall. Also, low intelligence means "retarded" in this situation. Unless you want to roleplay a violent retard it's probably not what you're looking for.

For example, there's a bit where you need to find a password. The password is "icecream". A low intelligence player has the option to randomly scream out "Icecream!" because they are literally retarded and gain access.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwKnNncpauE

IT'S

youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98

vs

THE DEAD BODY LOOTIN' MUTANT SHOOTIN' VENUS YOUTHIN'
ROOTIN' TOOTIN' LUGER TOTIN' RUGER LOADIN'
BULLET THROWIN' WAY TOO LONG GRENADE HOLDIN'
TRIANGLE I MIGHT MANGLE YOUR WEAPON TO RAP
FLASH COLOR CODED CLIPS AND AN RPG HAT
BABY BABY BLUE AMMO TURN RED WHEN IT CLAP
SHOOT YOUR FACE IN THE FAT C-C-CADAVER SLAP
WHERE THE LEVEL BOSS AT?
I WANNA CLICK CLICK CLACK KPOW CLICK CLICK CLICK CLACK THAT

>Yelling ice cream
>In a post apocalyptic setting where ice cream hasn't existed in hundreds of years

TODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't know, Bethesda fans seems to be playing as low INT characters in real life.

Voiced protagonists were a mistake

that's in new vegas. but it's not a stretch for people to remember ice cream when you the ice-cold nuka colas.

You took his bait. Well done.

I don't think low INT is possible in fallout 4.
After 40 hours, you're already extremely overpowered, since there's no level cap

It's like they didn't play the game and didn't learn that New Vegas SPECIFICALLY WASN'T FUCKING NUKED YES I MAD.

To be fair, if I level up a character in any game after 40 hours I'd expect my guy to me super strong too.

3&4 are rather lack luster in the "role-playing department, Vegas too sometimes, stick with 2 if you want that.

Since there's no NV thread up. There's that NV "Roll your character" picture where one option is "The Suit", which advises to pick Energy Weapons, Science and Speech as tagged skills and as weapon you're only allowed to use That Gun. But doesn't That Gun use Guns instead of Energy Weapons?

>Implying That Gun isn't a laser gun

1998 called
They want their computer back.

>What's the low intelligence dialogue in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Non-existent.

Lots of things haven't existed for a long time but people still remember them because there would be advertisements and the ruins of the stores that used to sell them

Plus, you know, pop cultural osmosis from people who actually survived the bombs

The NCR is on par with a pre-war third-world country. It's not a stretch to assume they're able to make ice cream again.

Just because it doesn't have an [Intelligence] tag doesn't mean the dialogue in those games isn't retarded

You cant be evil though.
>A pack of raiders is attacking a settlement, help kill the raiders.
>Yes
>Yes (Sarcastic)
>Maybe
>Yes

No gambling in 3&4 only NV. Form your own opinion on them instead of coming here. I hate 4 yet I love 3 despite the problems.

>only NV
you mean in 1, 2, tactics, and New Vegas

So I guess the gambling stat in 1 and 2 was just for show?

Yes they are, I fucking love 3 despite its problems yet can't get behind 4 at all. Had to fall for the Witcher and Mass Effect memes.

I think this user was talking about the FPS Fallout not the RPG Fallout.

I forgot it was in 1&2 I haven't played in years.

No he's just an asshat who hasn't played them

You can always walk away user. that's a "no"

see

see

>No
>Fallout 4
You mean No (Yes)

see

>Yes
>Ask a question that loops back to NPC asking you to say "yes"
>Sarcastic Yes
>No (Yes)
>Walk away until you are ready to say "yes"

>any of the 3D fallouts
>""""good""""
People hold up New Vegas like if one turd was better than the other turds simply because it was shat by a different person. It's still a turd.

Not so hard to make..

>implying this isn't a NV thread heavily in disguise
you've been had

>>Walk away until you are ready to say "yes"
That is the most retarded thing I've heard all day.

Low INT was hilariously OP in FO4 thanks to that one perk.

Regardless of what your Int stat is, Idiot Savant is still OP

You realize that CHA is ironically more useless in New Vegas right? FO3 actually gave you a couple perks for CHA, the trader one and the talk to children one. Animal friend was kinda useful too. NV took away all CHA perks except for animal friend which is hilariously useless, and gave you a shitty companion perk.

>Fallout 3 or 4
>1998

???

All the good ropleplaying bits from the Isometric games, forget it.

all the perks for charisma are either lackluster or broken. i know that.

as for new vegas you should see all the exciting and innovative perks for Lockpick

>practically reposting one of the comments on the video
Fuck off.

L is for Luck, not Lockpick

opening high level locks is a pretty good perk also

It's just dumb that charisma was a dump stat in FO3 and worthless in NV. Then in FO4 it's like they listened to those criticisms, and made CHA way TOO important and made speech checks completely dependent on it, forcing the player to wear charisma-enhancing gear all the time just so you don't fail a check.

4 has low intelligence dialogue as default, doesn't relate to INT at all

>Failing speech checks
>Fallout 4
>Not building neat settlements until your level 666

I don't think there's anything in 3 or 4 for gambling though it's obviously a factor in New Vegas.

I wouldn't bother with a high luck stat purely for gambling though because even there you've got Blackjack. But Luck is valuable in other respects so it's good to have for other reasons.

>L is for Luck, not Lockpick
???

>opening high level locks is a pretty good perk also
i'm talking about actual perks you gained through leveling up. there's only like one in New Vegas and it's completely useless. What it does is allow you one more try on a broken lock. Locks are only broken if you try to force it open and it fails, which you would never do because you have a stack of 500+ weightless bobby pins in your inventory.

Except that's exactly what it is, all these NPCs give you the "option" to say no but nothing advances until you say yes, so in the end, it's not really an option at all.

Thanks for posting it.

I meant that Lockpick isn't a core stat that you can have high or low in for a character build. You can only raise it and it only affects one thing, while special stats all affect skills and have their own effects as well

Since this is basically a "Thins we hate about Fallout" thread... Why the fuck are there no enemies in Fallout 4 that actually scare you?

shoot wing

In Fallout 3 it's always on by default no matter what your intelligence is. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

It doesn't exist in Fallout 4.

yes lockpick is terrible because it only does one thing and you don't even have to do it because it's optional.

>Shoot wing
>50 more flying demons come at you
>shit.jpg

I don't know dude, on my first playthrough I was walking through Concord and got attacked and raoed by a yao guai, definitely wasn't expecting that. Also bloodflies are basically the successors to cazodores just not as deadly.

The comment about the paper money triggered my autism because it's close to an accurate viewpoint but misses the mark enough to sound like its copy pasted from someone who knew what they were talking about.
Money backing is never /specifically/ mentioned in game, but the comments made by Fantastic and that one miner by Quarry Junction about how the NCR cash isn't worth much in caps shows that the NCR doesn't have anything backing their paper currency. They just put it out and expect people to consider it as valuable as they claim it is, which doesn't work, and so the NCR just tries to force it by underpaying their employees.
It's actually a pretty subtle way of showing how incompetent the inner workings of the bureaucracy really is.

How's the op is a faggot like in fallout 3 & 4 like? Is it any good? Would you recommend being op for role playing a faggot?

it gets you loot, some unique weapons are behind hard or v hard locks, and some quests require it to complete a certain way

charisma gets you animal friend if you want

Doesn't ncr money sell for shit too?

It's a better Roleplaying game, but not entirely a better Fallout game.

Boy do I have something to tell you, user. You're not gonna like it

I dunno, not even in survival can blood flies and Yao Guai bring back the feeling of wandering the Mojave and seeing a Cazador.

Depends on where you are, if theres an NCR flag then yeah, if not then go fuck yourself.

Shat by a different person, who unlike Bethesda can do RPG's competently.
If you actually knew anything about both games, you'd see the difference is night in day in terms of worldbuilding, mechanics, and story, and that Obsidian made a more classic RPG styled game that people on Cred Forums like. You're a fucking idiot.

exchange is 2.5 caps per dollar anywhere, so kinda shit yeah

You should read that sentence aloud next time before you think you're posting something clever.

Faggot.

I knkw you're just shitposting, but the robot that takes this password is prewar

2.5 dollars per 1 cap, my bad

so even worse

[Intelligence] So you fight the good fight?

>RPG's competently
>What is Pillars of Eternity

I don't know cause I've never played it. It looks pretty good though.
FNV was still literally 10X better than any shit Bethesda put out Fallout wise.

[angry buzzing from the distance]

Weakest currency in the game

Even actual Pre-War Money is worth more if you have a decent Barter

Dear God...

pre-war money is ~7 caps for a fat stack of bills of unknown denomination, while ncr money is $5 at 2 caps

dollar for dollar ncr would be worth more because people actually see it as currency, not just paper

On top of the fact that the NCR is broke as shit and over extended, their troopers all have very limited and broken down gear.
In game dialogue makes it sound like New Vegas is very much the "Wild East" to the NCR, and that it may very well be a weak understaffed fringe, so maybe the rest of the Republic isn't so shitty, but the soldiers and the provincial "government" in that area is so weak and ineffectual as to be non existent. Which makes no sense, as House doesn't really have the armaments and soldiers (assuming the courier hasn't activated the underground army) to fight the NCR standing army. So either the NCR is as idiotic and corrupt as it seems, or it's just a bit of bad story building, totally forgivable given how deep and interesting the rest of it is.

Would mods save FO4? I just want to play wasteland survival simulator, I'll be ignoring all the quests.

>New Vegas is for casuals
>Fallout 4 isn't

and that's-a spicy shitpost.

Wouldn't that be bad for the NCR dollar though? Since you're injecting more dollars into circulation, the NCR dollar would lose in value, right?

You should check out FROST.
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?

It will definitely still have issues but maybe you can get some fun out of that pile of shit.

I suppose so. Theres some nice Survival mode mods, but I still say NV is the best FPS fallout. Try something like STALKER?

Todd disemboweled the modding community with the paid fiasco and finished it off by waiting eight months to release the GECK and letting everyone realize how shitty the game was.
It went over very well with casuals, but the kind of autists who single handedly made 5 gig skyrim mods with 100s of hours of additional content and keep that game alive to this day hated 4. Todd may just have to actually not shit up ESVI if he wants to keep the power of the Nexus autists on his side.
Honest to god I'm actually hopeful

House still has lots of securitrons and the strip families to fight them, plus the Kings would probably do at least something if the NCR started mobilizing through Freeside

Sure the NCR would win but it's a fight that does them absolutely no good compared to playing ball with Mr. House.

It's the same reason they all want you to kill the BoS, sure they could win if they throw enough men at them but that's a lot of dead men that they need alive to throw at the Legion.

here's an example

For Fallout 3, you just click everything it doesn't matter unless you're in a loop OH NO that's the worst. absolute WORST.

For Fallout 4, it's hit or miss, all read like a character in the matrix, with zero inflection tone or emotion, like it was a translation from a Jansen game.

Capcom was almost better because there would be occasionally be some good memorable lines said at the least meme worthy.

all I remember is the drawl drone of "my son is missing have you seen him, no i haven't seen him the only way to get to steal beach is where the robot is, oh really why is there robots there, ....."

who knows who's talking each line.

It reminds me of Skyrim. 'Good' players tend to take issue with many daedra quests since they are undoubtedly evil. The thing is, the game doesn't let you say 'no' and remove said quests from your journal. You either complete them or ignore them for the rest of your playthrough.

From role playing standpoint, you have a choice. Simply ignore the quest and move on. Your character doesn't want to dirty his/her hands with daedra shit.
From game story standpoint, you don't have a follow up on your choice which leaves player with a feeling that there is no choice.

I laughed, and then I cried.
Fuck you Todd

Did you ever actually talk to House?

>Wasn't the NCR's army big enough to defeat your Securitrons and the Three Families?
>Indeed it was - and still is. But not without taking significant casualties.
>Would Kimball and Oliver have traded the lives of hundreds of soldiers for absolute control of Hoover Dam? Oh yes.
>They weren't afraid of me, they were afraid of Caesar - that attacking me would leave them vulnerable to a Legion offensive.
>And so they negotiated. Not out of the kindness of their hearts, as they try to make it seem. Because the calculus of power left no other choice.

I agree with the throwing bodies part, what I did a shit job of trying to get across was that I do not believe for a moment that the entire NCR military is foot soldiers and a couple of Gutsys. I think that the NCR would mobilize ground armored vehicles salvaged or even built from scratch from the heart of the country to take something as important as the dam.
Imagine if the US was trying to caputure the Saudi Oil fields and the entire operation consisted of underpaid army ground pounders with broken guns and no food.
It would make no tactical sense.

armored vehicles aren't going to run on thin air user

sure you could get a car in 2 but an electric motor isn't going to power something like a tank

besides it's the hoover dam, almost all the fighting takes place inside it and what fighting is outdoors is on top of it, neither place very accommodating for a vehicle of any kind

>say "yes (sarcastic)"
>just walk away
You are now roleplaying as an unpredictable cunt.

I think the people of NCR would be able to tell the difference between their own money and moldy, burnt up pre-war hyperinflated toilet paper

Why does Bethesda have such a hard time making the protagonist a blank slate in the Fallout games, but not in the Elder Scrolls games?

Was going to post this.

Because the originals gave you a background and since Fallout 3 was nothing but a mishmash of 1, 2 and Tactics they had to "stay true" to them

3 you can do, albeit limited when dialog comes around.

But the original games were mostly pretty vague about your character's personal history beyond where he came from. They certainly didn't build the entire game around saving the protagonist's immediate family.

It's not the robot, it's a matter of why does Courier know what Ice Cream is.

retards repeat what they see all the time, he could have just glanced at a billboard that said icecream and was muttering it to humself for a while.

Emil Pagalagio is not a good writer

Kudos to him for respecting Prey and not muscling in on a unique twist at the time.
With all the hate/praise for Fallout 3, it definitely came out at the right time for me, when I'd say I was at the peak of naive/teenage appreciation for games.
My favorite games at the time were Prey, Quake 4 and Riddick. Fallout 3 had a lot of the quirky/brutal writing those games did.

Dad would have been perfect as Fawkes instead. Get a of Mice and Men but you take care of Liam instead of killing him.

>random user comes up with better ideas than guy who gets paid to write them for a living

>not muh: the passive aggressive post

every thread until it's common fact.

That isn't hard to do

youtube.com/watch?v=PZkwHwZO75c

>youtube.com/watch?v=vpaeNy8I5vM
>you can't even refuse the vault-tec
Was it too hard for them to make a special scene where the nukes drop and you get destroyed completely? Bethesda is the worst fucking devs I have ever seen. Where's the fucking roleplay in fallout 4?

My two cents is that Bethesda started out wanting to emulate fantasy rp sessions they had as teens and early rpgs, but in a more tangible way.
They tried their hardest and pumped out some pretty impressive games for their time, but ended up creating a monster in the possess. Bethesda games aren't so much traditional role playing experiences as they are "bethesda games", a formula that people really like and sells well purely because of the denseness of content and characters compared to other AAA open world experiences.
They've sadly gone past the experimental stage when things were fun and new, and now these games are aging rapidly, showing how big dumb and empty they are compared to other large scope rpgs that are finding a good balance between old and new. The series is really stuck in a rut, and as long as people keep their nostalgia goggles on for oblivion, it's only going to get dumber.

Nigga you stupid. Like really stupid.

Why? That's fucking stupid, you'd have to watch the whole start again.

They should have made more options for things earlier in the game, but things like that can be railroaded. It doesn't shape the character.

>What's the low intelligence dialogue in Fallout 3 & 4 like?
Every piece of dialogue in those games is low int dialogue.

>"more options are bad!!!"

seems like you have low-int and can't comprehend the discussion at hand

What are you fucks talking about, user clearly made the post under the assumption that OP already played 1 & 2 or else he wouldn't be asking about low int dialogue in othr games.

not the best but definitely better than f3-f4 garbage

>>It's a better Roleplaying game, but not entirely a better Fallout game.
New Vegas?

NV is a much better Fallout game than anything that isn't 1 & 2. Next to no shitty retcons and lore abuse and several references to the original games, it's like a love letter to 1 & 2, while 3 & 4 are bastardizations on the level of Star Wars prequels.

There is no low intelligence dialogue in 3.

Hell, you can max out all attributes, so it doesn't matter anyway, or win intelligence checks with like 4 or something retarded like that.

Haven't bought 4, so can't say anything about that.

Here, I have something for you, cazador my baby.

It's the standard for you and everyone else.

Sniper shitters need not apply

because the protagonist always needs to be from a vault even though you don't learn a single thing about your group

>Brown hue
>Implying Fallout 3 isn't just the same thing but green
>Implying Fallout 3 has epic finales
Fuck off. What an insufferable, inattentive faggot
>Hurr I cheated in things cause it's so LAAAME boooooring

it's like they never even thought about it and just released the game in an incomplete mess. they put the preorder season pass on sale before they had idea what they were going to do with DLC and it turned out to be just settlement building crap and only two story DLCs if you even count Nuka World as one.

is there any reason to play the game in the hardest setting that's not survival or w/e? i hate bullet sponges

what finely hewn humor.

You get the secret ending

3s low int dialogue is pretty good, it doesnt exist in 4

>Everyone loves NV guys, honestly

as someone totally outside of this discussion, who the fuck can measure singleplayer roleplaying game popularity by the amount of viewers it has on twitch
who would even stream these on twitch unless they're a big name with a following that would watch anything they play