ITT: Games that take incredible mental discipline

ITT: Games that take incredible mental discipline

Is there a reasoning behind this retarded reposted bait thread or is it just a forced meme?

he's right though

The only hero worth maining is the Uninstall Wizard

autism*

i can agree with that

dota takes a lot of work to convince yourself you're having a good time playing

>projecting this hard about a game you don't like

I believe the correct term is learning curve

based post

>is there a reason behind bat threads
Uhh. To be a bait thread? To give someone cheap kicks?

Did you even played the game or you are just riding up the bandwagon?
Serious question.

Please Bang My Wife!

He's right.
The game is hard to master.

You are correct, OP.

Mechanics needed to be learned just for mid-level play, off the top of my head:

>Creep wave spawn times
>small, medium, large, ancient jungle creep pull times
>Jungle stacking
>Tread-switching
>Tree jukes, QB-based jukes
>Runes
>Smokes
>Jungle camp blocking
>Negative armor
>Magic immunity
>STR, AGI, INT system
>Limitless ability-hero interactions, such as what is unaffected by chrono-sphere
>Learning the abilities of +100 items
>Learning the abilities of the jungle creeps
>Intense micro abilities, depending on item build and hero chosen
>Aegis and cheese
>Secret shop
>Courier

You mean a game that your skill means nothing unless your team is up to your level?

A strong support won't do shit if your carries aren't doing anything.

In other words MOBAS are shit. Fighting Games are the thinking mans competitive genre.

Keep telling yourself that.
You would never get better at solo ranked.

ITT: Threads that are posted every day

Dont forget that its a game of Endurace too.
if the game drags on long enough , the first team that fucks up will be likely the one to lose.
Focus only lasts so long on average human beings.

>team skill and coordination is not skill
>having no friends
wew

If you aren't playing for money at 1000 hours you're wasting your time playing this game.

>being a friendless shitter
typical neo-Cred Forums

>that pic
did somebody seriously recreate warcraft 3 in dota 2?

Gonna have to go with this

>Implying teamwork matters when your teammates don't speak english

Solid game otherwise though.

yes

There is even a guy recreating League in dota 2

Try reading past the first line

not really since the minimum hours required to get into the competitive scene is 7,000 hours
only the chosen intellectuals (probably smarter than MIT graduates) are capable of being involved in the competitive scene with less than 2,000 hours

Probably the most skilled FPS released thus far

the game is harder than LoL or HoTS but I wouldnt say mental discipline is the right word. I think RTS like StarCraft take more mental skill.

I can't consider FPS a very competitive genre when hacks give an extreme edge.

took me 3 replays to find out what was wrong in that webm since I don't play CS:GO
is that pure coincidence or legitimate hacking

Is there defense of the shrines yet?

I've played the game, I was just wondering why this thread has been popping up a lot lately , I guess it's bait.

If you want my opinion, it doesn't take as much skill as its shills pretend it does. You can easily just get carried by good teammates and not actually do well itself. A lot of it also boils down to minmaxing, they have "all these possible item combinations" but it's really artificial depth when there's a lot of obviously good and bad picks. Plus Valve has to keep updating it to keep people interested.

>have to have good judgement and play at least 1,000 hours to be average
>have to at least a hundred mechanics and thousands of combos and counters to master the game

"b-but /vee/ hates dem assfaggits so FUK U!!!"
- (You)

Yes, it's pretty polished and is still being updated. It's also got dedicated servers

I'm waiting for Tides of Blood

> Fighting Games are the thinking mans competitive genre.

My nigga.

You realize dota was a warcraft 3 mod right?

Post Dota hours.

it's one of the evidences people point to and say he is hacking

the hack works by the user pressing a key/button and it drags the cursor slightly to the closest enemies head within it's area

this one is way more pronounced

>it doesn't take as much skill as its shills pretend it does

Lel and yet most people can't get out of the 3k bracket and continue blaming their teams.

It's never their fault right :^)

You can hear footsteps through walls you know. It's not that difficult to guess where people are when your teammates say "There's only one guy on A site."

>minmaxing
this term was invented by DND tards to chastize people trying to play a game optimally
it has some legitmacy in a role playing game, but if you aren't trying to play oprtimally in a competitive game you're a retard

>Thinking it's ever a coincidence that he would randomly lock onto someone's head exactly behind a wall then pull away like his mouse was "stuck".

The hand motion isn't not smooth enough to ever think so.

Yes? that's the point
We've come full circle

Yeah nice footsteps.

>being this triggered

Christ, all I did was ask why this thread pops up. If you pay attention this thread does get reposted all the time.

>he thinks the CS GO professionals are hacking

Its called skill my man and you forgot to mention that fnatic is the best team in the world dont worry mr DMG you'll get to eagle soon LOL

That said I like Dota because the competitive scene is actually genuine and requires an actual level of skill.

>pros from Dota 1 still fucking play the game and think it's great
>pros are consistent except for people like EE
>pros actually respect the game except for those peru faggots that matchfixed for ez betting monies

>teammate watching A ramp from stairs
>calls out there's a guy a ramp
Obvious hacks, you guys are probably silvers or something. Do you even know what game sense is? These guys have been playing counterstrike for a decade.

I mean, it is pretty retarded if you're trying to have a good time in DnD and you've got a faglord in your party min-maxing.

All it does is prevent alternate pathways to success. By having a character with the best skills and stats you trivialize everything, but the best parts of DnD are when the party try to sneak past a dragon and someone fucks up cause they have shit stats, or when they try to decieve someone into believing a rock is actually a rare artifact, or when they cannot fight a foe so they must outsmart it. The list goes on. Fuck min-maxers in DnD.

>you need to know every ability in the game

fuck yeah

What are you even trying to say?
Why would he check ramp from cat when he has no vision of ramp at all? He's not even clearing chair right there because he already did that when he pushed up to ladder room.

Why are you so assblasted? He's rotating back to b site after clearing mid.

After seeing how fucking atrociously ass the upcoming patch is, it'll take a great strong mind to keep playing this shit. God damn it Epic, stop fucking up

Ok it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

>it doesn't take skill because you can just get carried
You realize this could only happen if the guy carrying you was highly skilled, and more so than everyone else in the match, right?

No, we will have gone full circle when someone modifies the Warcraft 3 mod so much to the point of using the modified assets to make an oldass version of dota

>it doesn't take as much skill as its shills pretend it does.
Because its not about skill
Skill != Knowledge
Why no one including these supposed shills can't fucking get this is beyond me.
Dota is hard because of the overwhelming amount of mechanics, its not about precision or execution, it's supposed to exercise your brain and not your fingers.

Dota can have skill and knowledge retard. They're not mutually exclusive.

Stop fucking haunting me Dwarf Fortress. The fact that I listen to children on fucking youtube doing tuts on how to play and yet I can't ever get my fucking retarded dwarfs to do any actions. Even with fucking dwarf therapist. fuck this game for being too god damn demanding. I want to play it so bad but im shit. Literally would play this for ever.

op started it

Holy shit the delusion. Its alright son, you don't have to be here. Go find your safe place.

>fnatic is the best team in the world
kek it isnt 2015