Armored Souls when

Armored Souls when

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121131173130/aztec-education-and-military-training
thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121200787615/cuāuhocēlōtl-part-1-ocelotl-jaguar-warrior
thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121293122010/cuāuhocēlōtl-part-2-cuāuhtli-eagle-warrior
youtube.com/watch?v=bCAESN3iJ_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not wanting aztec souls

Aztec myths are some pretty fucked up shit

You're right I don't. I didn't play them in AOE2 because their aesthetic is garbo.

Instead of finding platemail or elaborate longcoats I'll just find 30 different loincloths and pelts. Wow super cool.

I just want to dakka dakka and die a lot

>You will never dress as a bird and wack people with sharps stones tied to a frat paddle

i never play one of them
are they good?

Name (5)Five games with a playable Aztec

>yfw a vidya based on The Fountain

Aztecs had actual uniforms and armor though

>not blame! souls

I can't find the image I wanted to use that was basically the pic in the last post but translated into english with explanations, so here's a series of tl;dr guides on how to into aztec military ranks and equipment in case anybody cares:

thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121131173130/aztec-education-and-military-training
thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121200787615/cuāuhocēlōtl-part-1-ocelotl-jaguar-warrior
thelastdiadoch.tumblr.com/post/121293122010/cuāuhocēlōtl-part-2-cuāuhtli-eagle-warrior

>inb4 tumblr

The guy know's what he's talking about and any other source for the same info is a much longer read

Also, the stuff in pic related aren't animal pelts/skins, it's layered armor made of cloth soaked in mineral rich water that then crystallizes inside the cotton, wood, and other materials.

I don't know what's up with the labeling here. "Triple alliance" is just the formal name for the Aztec empire, since it started as an alliance of 3 city states (Tenochtitlan, Texcoco, and Tlacopan). "Mexica" just is the name of the subn nahuatl ethnic group that lived in Tenochtitlan.

So In reality the labels for both 2 and 3 are synonymous. The actual ranks here is the left solider is just a common footsoldier, the middle one is a jaguar knight, and the right one is a Tlacateccatl.

Actually i'm not gonna explain what each rank is in these pics since the links I gave above explain it anyways

>wanting aztec souls when futuristic roman souls could be a thing

Armored Souls seems pretty cool too

As long as it has Fantasy Mechs I'm down

Can these be mechs in it? Aztec mechs?

Showing the cotton/mineral underarmor I was talking about and wooden/copper helmets

this this this this

so much this

BLAME! is the fucking perfect setting for a souls game

I'd be down for a futuristic one where different armor sets or factions are based on different empires in history

>Going to war in your Pajamas
No wonder they lost.

yeah

didn't have anything to do with their literal stone age tier weapons

>Mesoamericans were the first furries

It all makes sense now, furry syndrome only arises when a pure strain of Mexican DNA manages to overcome the restraints given it by superior European genetics.

>I'd be down for a futuristic one where different armor sets or factions are based on different empires in history
Only if they were so sci-fi that it turned around and became fantasy again.

Also, because the souls games don't just have a single european nation's armor, here's some armor and gear from other kingdoms and states in the same area

They actually did fine against the spainish for the first 10 months or so. What fucked them over was the simultaneous hit of famine and smallpox, and then the Spanish uniting all of the neigboring kingdoms the aztecs had subugated against them.

People make it out like it was 200,000 aztecs vs 300 conquistadors, but it was actually 200,000 aztecs vs 200,000 tlaxcalans and 3000 conquistadors, + famine, and smallpox

I fucking hate shit like this, where "advanced" civilizations completely forget to fucking upgrade their military. Shit like having completely unarmored warriors against slashing weapons like the machuiatal or whatever its called, or the Egyptians not inventing armor ever and instead relying on chariots and other dumb shit

the actual complete sweep was in south america with Pizarro against the incas
and even then it eventually turned in to the same situation as what happened in mexico where he had to ally with natives to advance.

it was only that first big battle where they caught atahualpa where they outright had less than 10 casualties got 2000 dead natives.
thats a pretty good kdr

>load up game
>Aztec Souls
>the game starts out as your usual souls game
>Aztec setting
>Aztec classes
>Aztec armor
>Aztec weapons
>you fight against the Mayans, Texlacans, Huaxtec, the Spanish all those fucks
>Aztec mythology creatures as enemies also
>end up fucking up some high-ranking humanoids in each of those armies, some have even fused with the creatures
>get further towards end-game
>bosses start having robotic limbs and shit as well
>final boss is an Aztec monster who halfway through the fight gets in then fuzes with a mech
>beat mech monster
>undoes the fuzing
>credits begin playing
>Aztecian music
>Aztecian music starts going robotic
>music stops
>we now see your character getting in the remains of the mech
>full on hype music plays and the mech launches up into space
>game ends

>week after release a tiny fucking patch drops
>it unlocks the rest of the game, already installed with the main game

>load up game
>back on title screen
>Mech Souls
>press any button
>loading screen
>mech crash lands on a space station with humaniod aliens in mechs
>whole new game
>future fantasy tech
>upgradable mech parts
>different mech types
>combinable mechs
>aliens enemies
>mech enemies
>ship enemies

Also in case anybody cares and is wondering Tlaxcala/Tlaxcalans were a confederacy of city states to the east of the core of the aztec empire (but surrounded still by aztec terriotry) that REALLY hated the Aztecs

They allowed the Spainish to rest in their territory in the hopes that they would help them overthrow aztec rule in the region, which, as I said, is what ended up happening

Well, as I said, the higher ranking soliders DID have pretty complex armor.

It really wasn't that different in europe, it was just all shifted up a bit: The cannon fodder footsoliders got whatever heavy clothing they could afford and maybe some leather shit, while the knights and nobles got plate armor and stuff.

Computer souls when?
ft. glitched up monsters, even faster combat, fuckin lazer swords and messed up lore when you go outside the computer

like tron

I actually don't know that much about the Mixtec, I think they lived to the north of the aztecs and predated them by a few hundred years?

different action RPG games which don't use Souls formula - when?
I'm sick of them

>co-op and invasions has mechs do stylish drop-ins from the sky
Count me in, where's the kickstater?

Fucking furries get out of history!

>All this Mexican bullshit

So Dark Souls but with colorful feathers on every piece of gear? Sounds like a gay pride parade to me.

When you make it.

I just want to see something with robots again. I'm tried of From making nothing but shitty Souls games.

Uh, we've got the new Mass Effect which will hopefully be good.
>Kingdom Come
>Nier (RPG or Action? idk)
>Elex

Zapotecs lived to the south of the aztecs, in the valley of Oaxaca. They had their peak like 900 years before the aztecs did but were still around when the spanish came

Still pisses me off the Pizarro and his boys tore down all the Incan temples in Cusco to pave road and build cathedrals.

I went there in April, the countryside is so fucking beautiful, shame Peru is shit out of luck with resources.

And a map of aztec terriotry so you can get a mental image of stuff

The destruction of Tenochtitlan gets me every time I think about it

>City built on a lake that was so beautiful that every Spainish first hand account says that they couldn't believe what they were seeing and it blew away anything in Europe at the time
>It's just buried under shithole downtown mexico city and the lakes got drained

Thanks spain

more zoomed in map of the texoco lakes in the valley of mexico where the core aztecs city where

i'd buy it because i buy every souls game

Cancerous fucking thread.

It's one thing for gore / ultra violence to become popular, it's another to see a guy digging through a slain persons guts just so he can have a slice of human liver.

>tons of actually informative stuff
>cancerous

looks kinda like goatse, fucking degenerate aztecs

>come to thread to find armored core/souls discussion
>thread is shit up by aztec things because one nigger posted something

What? how does it look like Goatse?

>fromsoft announces new armored core
>still has the same copypasted souls formula
you will get your shitty game

I think he is talking about the fucking autistic greentext and people actually talking about Armored Souls

Is it the Mecha or the Aztec you dislike so much?

They all played on deprived, for the whole game like a real man

The stupid Souls pushing in AC and the Aztecs.

Check out the forerunner halo novels, it's exactly that sort of thing.

The tech is so advanced and esoteric, and everything takes place on such large and ancient a timescale it doesn't even seem like sci fi, but it's also so mundane to the characters in question (untill shit hit the fans and it turns into cosmic horor) that it also feels like hard sci fi at the same time,

It's a really hard to describe tone. Also, you don't need to know anything at all about halo lore to read them.

>Sonic receives the Megaman cover treatment

It is all a little ridiculous...
But how about Aztec Mech Souls, I'd call it Aztech

If it bothers you so much then contribute to the thread and come up with something better or fuck off.

Don't pollute my robots.

i cant even imagine. thatd be great

Don't pollute my Aztec thread

That image is mayan themed though

>wanting boring souls on AC
I'm gonna get cancer from this thread.

AWAKEN MY MECHAS

yeah how dare they try to make your gay robots cool for once

If the Pillar Men are only weak to the Sun and I guess The Ripple, does that mean Stands couldn't fuck them up, unless they we're powerful fire-based ones I guess? lucky there were only four of them lucky Kars doesn't come back

I can dig it.

Sir I resent that

I like my robots hetero

Depends on the stand. Like I feel more conceptual stands like GER or even Cheap Trick could kill them.

Also take into account that Part 3 implied that stands were a user's natural affinity for Hamon amplified, so it might be a "Superman is vulnerable to magic" kind of weakness.

I like them with THICK armor plating.

youtube.com/watch?v=bCAESN3iJ_M

Maybe Notch will allow webms with audio for this reason

Why is this so arousing.

is this manga any good? Also how was the anime besides the CG?

the manga is god tier, the rest of the stuff isn't so great