Tonight marks the 5th anniversary for the English release of Dark Souls 1

Tonight marks the 5th anniversary for the English release of Dark Souls 1.

Now that the series is "over", or at least on hiatus, what are some of your lasting thoughts on Dark Souls?

Demons' Souls veterans, how did you feel about Dark Souls as a spiritual successor? Did it meet your expectations as a "sequel"?

Comfy Dark Souls thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcHzOa7fMzs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSZUZRnB15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it is over

finished DeS, platinmumed dark souls 1 and 2 and did all the DLCs

thats enough of this genre for me, it really is

dark souls 1 is the best in the series (on PC at 60fps)

I died

This game has so much meme bullshittery surrounding it but it's actually great

I honestly felt that the level design and aesthetics of Dark Souls 3 best matched Demon's Souls. However the gameplay of Dark Souls 1 was where it's at.

First playthrough, How do I kill these memers?

It did, id say is a bit better designed than Demon souls, until the final part of the game, just like Demon souls sadly, the online had a huge improvement though, and the variety of builds, the way of playing the game,and most things in general had a massive improvement from DeS, that said, i strongly believe DkS2 was a mistake although i still got the platinum because im an autistic but whatever

I like it but I still prefer Demon Souls.

make them fall

You run at them and kick them off

Why does this guy post the same webms about a different game in every soulsborne thread?

I've waited for 20 years for a 3D action RPG where I can play as a knight and slay horrible creatures in a hostile land.

That's it. That's all I've ever wanted as a fan of fantasy books, movies, games, etc.

Other games existed like this before Demon's Souls, but all of them had something holding them back.

I ate the souls series up, I finally got what I had been looking for.

Run to the right archer, make him unsheath his sword and turn back, he should fall to his death if you did it right, also get some poise if you can't avoid arrows, you won't get thrown away by the arrows

Is DaS2 really that bad? What specifically is worse than the other games?

>First playthrough
>Has Gough's Bow and Great Arrows

I take it you had some help getting your gear user?

Anyways, you just to run up the path and parry the one on the right.

"some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

That's not my picture. I have a wooden stick and some rags.

lol git gud XD

Counter-shilling. Basically he wants us to get so annoyed at the game we turn to hate it.

DaS2 didn't have any of the memorable areas or enemies of DaS, DeS, or even DaS3.

That's the biggest problem I had with it at least.

Demon's souls has a great atmosphere but ultimately had some huge problems that keep it from being a masterpiece. World Tendency might be an alright idea in theory but in practice was absolutely horrific.

No. DaS2 has great weapons, spells, NPCS and some good bosses. It's just not the complete package that DaS1 was, because the lore was fucked up and the world design isn't masterfully crafted. It's still a very good game.

Bad isn't the proper term, not good is how i personally define it, it simple feels soulless, the world is uninspired, the enemies boring, it simple can't stand along Demon souls or dark souls, that said is still a good game

The animations are pretty garbage compared to the other games. Otherwise, I think it's pretty solid.

It has a unique dual wielding system, which is pretty fun if you want to get the most out of your DS2 experience.

How do BB and DS3 compare to DeS and DS1?

A thousand pardons then.

My advice still stands: Silver Knights aren't too hard to parry once you get close enough for them to start using melee.

Good luck.

use the dodge button when an arrow is going to hit you

I don't own the bloodborne machine im afraid, im planning to get one for a certain shitty game though

For me, they all passed. DS1 is my number 1. DS2 is my least favorite

Well, as someone who hasn't played DeS or BB, I can vouch for DS3's quality. It's shorter than DS1, and has a faster combat pace, so your millage may vary.

The only negative thing I really hear about BB is that it is a PS4 exclusive.

it will come to pc one day

This game is easy as fuck once you get a hold of the mechanics. You can master dark souls and still get fucked sometimes.

is fast combat not good?

Didn't Sony help fund development, or is that a myth? I thought there was something locking it to the PS4.

I ironically might even say that I thought that DS2 had an amazing atmosphere and in some ways I liked the atmosphere more than DS1. Never Played DeS though so I can't compare it to that.

I just really liked majula and everything felt so lonely

Some people prefer fast BB combat and some prefer the slower combat of DS1. I think that DS3 is actually a really good balance between the two.

Bloodbourne is the best the series has ever been.

Dark Souls 3 is fun but it is short and the covenants and PVP suck major ass this time around. 80% of people you invade as a red are co-oping through the game with one or two people. Weapon Variety is questionable and heavy armors suck. The story is better than 2 and so are the areas but it certainly made one of the core aspects of what made the soul series fun a giant waste of time

Which game is this? For the love of God I need it in my life

nioh

>filename is literally maxresdefault

I liked Shrine of Amana. It was really pretty and the homing soul arrows on release were "f*n".

Just got my new character to level 37ish, went for a fast dragon great sword +3 and stopped around sense fortress. Anyone else preped for back to Lordran?

It reminded me of blackreach for some reason, it didn't had the same feel tho

Prepped to suck user's big stinky cock after a whole day of playing vidya

Is souls supposed to be a multiplayer game? I always thought of it as a single player adventure, where invasions were rare.

might wanna check out Bloodborne user. is probably correct

So epic and random xD

nope , its not supposed to be a multiplayer game. normies turned it into an moba thing with muh pvp builds bullshit

Souls is easily one of my favorite series, but I felt that Dark Souls was pretty bland setting wise. It was alright with Demons and the first one, but 2 and 3 just felt bland.

At least Bloodborne had a different theme, and a great one at that.

Calling it a multiplayer game might be overstating it, but invasions and duels are most of why some people play. imo, being crushed by an invader once in a while is part of the Dark Souls experience and I'd be lying if I said I didn't resent that BB and DS3 seem to have gone out of their way to insulate the fragilesolo players from the mean invaders.

I really wish that Elder Scrolls had a better combat system for this reason, I just want to walk around in bulky armor and fight monsters.

Everything I've heard about Nioh is that its a mediocre dark souls clone, do you have anything you'd like to say in its defense?

Multiplayer is just a glorified lore of the game,at least on dks, the game wasn't designed with pvp as the main aspect

Quick question, I have DaS1 on PC and PS3, which version should I play?

I think Demon Souls had the best OST.

PC with dante fix for 60 fps

BB had consequence free invading, so I don't see an issue with invading more than one person.

If you can't handle another person when you have literally the entire level worth of people backing you up then you need to step up your game.

PC with Dsfix set to 1080 59fps. 60 breaks some things.

thats lords of the fallen. nioh uses souls as a template and improves on it immensely

Ps3, the online is still active

Anything higher than 30 FPS breaks shit.

No? What does it break other than ladder sliding?

Jump distance.

run speed

I'll take it. 30fps is unplayable after experiencing 60.

I feel that this series is a testament to the idea that listening to what your fans want in a game or sequel is more often than not a bad idea rather than a good one.

I play w/ 30 on PC because I have a weak-ass processor (FX-6300) that can't keep the game at 60 consistently. When the framerate jumps around from 30 to 60 abruptly it hurts my eyes.

I get to pimp out all of my graphics settings though, which is pretty nice.

Never played the souls series, but I've started BB recently and holy shit I'm loving it. Killed the first boss today, it's been a while since I've felt this pumped fighting an early boss in a game. Or this excited for beating it, really

>tfw we will never get a remastered Dark Souls w/ all the cut content and a properly done end game

This game left a void and I think if I never played another video game in my life I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out. After +3000 hours across all builds and accounts I'm ready to say goodbye to her. ty dark souls

BB's Dark Souls 1's equal.

>pvp
>souls games

One thing that really annoyed me about DS3 is that I feel like you can't minmax very well. Most of the interesting weapons don't allow infusions and spells require a very specific build to do decent damage.
Has there been any change to this in the most recent patches?

My favorite game of all time complete with the worst level in video game history.

No but seriously fuck Lost Izalith and it's eye-rape lava, copy-paste enemies that you can barely see, hidden bonfires and fucking retarded ass final boss

Main game I agree with you, but all three of the DLC areas are 10/10.

>those iframes
why are people saying this is hard again?

Did you beat the game 60 times?

no the hit boxes are good. no bull shit shockwaves

Not really, that's one thing they really changed, from 2 especially, it's not really possible to do hybrid builds anymore. You need to make a choice and go either all melee or all magic.

What system?

Demon's was amazing. It was a fantastic experience. It was great back on Cred Forums before /vg/ existed. There was the Demon's Souls generals.

The hype building up to Dark Souls was palpable. It finally came up and it was exactly what it needed to be.

You kept the best parts of Demon's Souls and turned the formula on its head with the open world. It made it feel incredibly fresh while still being largely the same kind of game.

You want to know why Dark Souls 2 and 3 aren't that interesting? It's partially fatigue but it's largely that they didn't do shit to innovate.

The change from Demon's to Dark Souls was dramatic. Dark Souls 2 and 3 were just these lazy contractual obligations.

ps4

shame. I was thinking of doing a Zoss from KSBD build but couldn't figure out a good way to put together a miracle+spear build.

I think another problem with DS3 is you have to get through a lot of the game to get to the interesting stuff.

>you have to get through a lot of the game to get to the interesting stuff.

The same thing was said about Dark Souls 2.

SoulsBorne was/is great. It's also become its' own template now with games ranging from terribly bad (Lords of the Fallen) to pretty good (Nioh).

>Demons' Souls veterans, how did you feel about Dark Souls as a spiritual successor? Did it meet your expectations as a "sequel"?
I'd say it did. It seemed like Demon's, but bigger. The removal of grazing was much needed and invasions and PvP were all in all better.
Story was pretty big and, probably because it was the first multi-plat, the series exploded in popularity when before I could only really talk about it with a few regulars on gamefaqs or forums dedicated to Demon's.
Magic was balanced a bit better and there were more spells and miracles. DLC went and fucked that up with dark magics, but for the most part it was better.

I don't really find DS2 memorable. Power Stance was a good addition, though.

I feel like DS3 was closer to Demon's in spirit than DS1 was. Probably why I like it so much.

Demon's is definitely my favorite. I go back to play it every couple of months. It's going to suck when my fat PS3 dies. The top cover already has broken latches and will slide off.

Bloodborne was fantastic. Easily my number two favorite. I don't care too much for PvP, so the story full of fun as fuck fights was more than enough to satisfy me. And then the DLC came to push it over the edge.

>went back and replayed DeS recently
>game feels so bland and mediocre

I don't see why it'd be hard. Despite what people seem to say all spell types are pretty good, miracles and a spear would make you quite hard to kill. Don't know anything about the character in question though, but any kind of build is functional, just like all Souls games.

Bloodborne has the best soundtrack, and one of the better vidya OSTs ever.

I agree with you.
I think Dark Souls 3 follows it up, but it was a close thing between that and Bloodborne.

Nioh is like Dark Souls combined with Diablo but with more indepth combat.

dark souls +ninja gaiden +onimusha + a hint of diablo

Feels like BB if it were done in Dark/Demon's Souls. Make any sense?

I don't see how it's like Ninja Gaiden or Onimusha other than the setting.

onimusha in terms of setting , ninja gaiden in terms of performing combos and fast combat, but alas not too fast

Is DS1 online active anywhere? What SL range?

You shouldn't have used up this many humanities on your first playthrough, it's possible you might fuck it up and lose it all

The combat has some similarities from both, it's got a Ninja Gaiden pedigree but much heavier, explosive and samurai-esque, which is the Onimusha/Demon's Souls influence. The setting is also where most of the Onimusha feel comes from.
Well shit is no one going to make a Nioh thread or is this just going to be both or something?

Are we going to make Soulslike generals?

im okay with both. the more i hear about it the more i want to know

125 is community cap I think, I did a playthrough recently and got invaded consistently the whole way. Forest pvp is still pretty good as well as Oolacile Township

It was the first game to make me really fucking pissed. I love it. I loved it because it required something of me. I loved how I went from "Oh my god this game is so fucking hard" to "oh wow, this game is really easy now that I know how to play it."

I started with dark souls but have finished all 5 games. Bloodborne was the sequel to dark souls 1 I always wanted. I like dark souls 2 and 3 but I think they're less original than demons, dark1 and BB and it shows

Bloodborne is the next evolution of the series, if it continues it has to be where Bloodborne left off.

I only genuinely loved three tracks: The opening song, the Nexus music for the first half of the game and Astraea's theme. The rest did fine, but it wasn't very memorable in my opinion

Seems like it's what's going to happen. Personally I'd be fine with it since I like all the games, just don't think threads should get derailed when people don't want them to.
Well, I played both the Alpha and Beta for obscene amounts of time so I can tell you anything you'd want to know about it through a filter of bitterness and longing. Man I wish they were still live. The game promotes offense really well, if you liked that about Bloodborne you'd enjoy it even more in theory, but there's plenty room for a more defensive style too.

The demos were some of the most memorable gameplay experiences I had all year.

I remember my Amazon pre-order not having shipped in time so I cancelled it and actually went to Gamestop's midnight release, where most of the people were there for Rage, not Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls was the game that convinced me modern games could be not shit. I was just super jaded at the time and the atmosphere, challenge, and level design blew me away.

The weeks up to Dark Souls's release on Cred Forums were amazing. There was so much hype and so much speculation about things like covenants. I ended up spoiling a bit on a pre-release livestream which I regret, however. The first half of Dark Souls is one of the most solid experiences in gaming in my opinion. The second half is still great, but Demon's Souls stays stronger in the last half and no boss really compares narratively to Astrea or creatively to Old Monk.

I think there was something about how raw and in your face the soundtrack sounded really sets it apart from the rest of the series. Especially when you listen to something like the Adjudicator or Armour Spider's themes. Also I think the Phalanx theme does a fantastic job of juxtaposing the heroicness of it being your first real boss against an opposing "army" and the horrific nature of them really being monstrous blobby creatures.

Does it have potential to be better than souls?

what do they still need to fix from the beta?

Figured this was a good enough place to finally have my DS1 rant.

First time I played dark souls was on the 360 a few months after it came out. I never hooked it up to the internet so I was playing on the oldest patch(if you played it you'd know the difference) with none of the online help. This game kicked my ass for months. I had never been so challenge by a game that it kept me coming back even thought I hated it half the time. I ended up only going online one to look sometime up (1.0 curse cure anyone?) and finally update my game after that. Made it a bit easier and eventually beat it.

After that journey I went on Cred Forums to finally talk about the game only to find that people were constantly shit posting about how easy it was for them. "lol found that my first try" "you can easily make it through sens without falling for a trap" "I found The Great Hallow without a guide" and other assorted bullshit. At least that what I thought for awhile, until a few months later when I went back with a 1 month Xbox live subscription and seen just how easy the game was with online. Every hidden area pointed out, all the traps had signs before them, bosses had weaknesses listed and literally everything else spoiled. If you were having too much difficulty with a boss you could just cheese them with a partner.
It really showed me why so many people here considered dark souls to be easy even without looking things up online, it really isn't that bad in online mode. I would suggest anyone looking to still get into the series to try it out in (an updated) offline mode before checking out the online. Invasions can be fun, but I'm not sure it's worth ruining the adventure the game can provide if you don't have a hints dropped every 20 seconds.

>go through the game on release
>super ornstein grabs and kills me from full health when I'm wearing heavy armor

>replay the game years later
>super ornstein does half of my health bar in light armor

I kind of feel bad for PCfriends who only ever played it on easy mode

DeS=BB>SotFS>DaS>Ds2>Ds3

Please don't crucify me

Only thing I want to add to this is that playing offline without looking anything up really shows you how much isn't explained in the game. In the original patch if you got cursed the game didn't tell you fuck all about how to cure that shit (or the fact you had to run back to Belfry Gargoyles to do it, fuck that). I never summoned an NPC for a fight because I had no idea why I would ever want to be a human. It was never explained you could summon NPCs, they would just sometimes tell you they'd help you in dialogue. But never actually say you had to revert to human form to do it.

>"you can easily make it through sens without falling for a trap"

That was true in my case though. I specifically have never gotten hit by a guillotine, though some other things got me.

Better is in the eye of the beholder. I could say though that I feel the combat is far superior with how much more moves and different nuances there are. It allows a lot more depth and has a much higher skill ceiling. The loot aspect can make things a lot more replayable and work well with online play too, but some people aren't into that kinda thing. I think you could maybe get away with just picking the strongest stuff each time though but you're missing out on a big part of the game that way.
Souls games though are unparalleled when it comes to atmosphere, while Nioh does have some stuff going for it I think Souls still wins there. There's also the matter of setting, with Nioh sticking strictly to Feudal Japan and Japanese mythology, whereas Souls plays it a bit more loosely and some might say with more originality (just don't read Berserk others would say), but that's a personal thing too.
tl:dr play both they're both great at what they do

I could write an essay on things I'd like to see changed from Beta to release (and I probably have at this rate) but everything that was on the changelist was mostly middling and unnecessary, while ignoring the more important changes that need to happen. Stuff like mechanic change reversions, Ninjutsu and Onmyo balancing so they're not so overpowering, among other things. They need to give actual details about changes too.

>tfw 2010 was 8 years, almost a decade ago

I think that is 100% correct

>But never actually say you had to revert to human form to do it.

I know, the entire humanity mechanics was a ruse. The game does everything to make it seem like being hollow has some negative effects, or at least locks you out of some positive effects, but essentially it's just an online play on/off switch that happens to enable kindling. The way the humanity counter glows white while human seems to imply that soft humanity is only useful if you are actually human, so for the longest time I though that I should unhollow ASAP whenever I could for whatever bonuses I guessed occurred, which it turns out work because you have humanity regardless.

And holy shit why the fuck isn't the running jump explained?

To be fair, most shops sold Purging Stones and there was even the guy at New Londo. They were all encounterable way before you could potentially get cursed.
>I had no idea why I would ever want to be a human
You'd look way less ugly for one thing, and you also need it to kindle bonfires. Plus with the game making such a song and dance about staying human, why wouldn't you at least try it out? Solaire giving you the soapstone is a bit of a clue about summoning NPCs, along with the description of it, but there's nothing really wrong with them not explicitly writing all that stuff down, it's all behind a little exploration and experimentation, and that's what the games are almost entirely focused on, it's their most crucial aspect.

don't think I fell for any of the simple traps either. I did get eaten by the chest thought, and fell off a few ledges while fighting

This is perhaps the most nonsensical ranking I've ever seen.

>Souls games though are unparalleled when it comes to atmosphere,

Souls isn't Zelda though.

Being human gives you more curse resistance, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting. I don't see why you'd think the white glow was anything other than just a hud representation of you being human now, though technically soft humanity does have it's main use (kindling) from being human.

Despite what it might look like in certain places, the running jump is never actually necessary at any point in the game, not at Firelink nor at Bed of Chaos, and hell why wouldn't you sprint and roll at least once, even accidentally?

Glad they're done. I'm so tired of teenage ds fanboys who've never played an action game outside of DS and compare every other action game to it

I'd swap SotFS with DaS and put DaS3 right after DaS. I really don't see how vanilla DaS2 is better than DaS3 and I didn't find DaS3 to be that good

Pre-patch only ingward sold purging stones. You should check out all the changed they made. The difficulty was massively nerfed with every patch.

Zelda isn't even the most atmospheric Zelda.
That title goes to Alundra.

>Every hidden area pointed out, all the traps had signs before them, bosses had weaknesses listed and literally everything else spoiled. If you were having too much difficulty with a boss you could just cheese them with a partner.

This is why I don't understand why orange soapstone messages show up even when you're unhollowed. You'd think that they'd be limited to when you are human, since this should should encourage the mindset that turning human is about allowing other players to aid you and tying the sense of community to that, but no, hidden walls and such are still spoilered by default unless you explicitly play offline. It's one of those things about the design that doesn't sit right with me, especially when most of this still is so arbitrary without outside help.

I don't even know how you could say that. Alundra has atmosphere barely on par with even the atmospherically weakest Zeldas.

>take a shit game, dark souls 2 that is worst than dark souls 1
>add lighting effect
>its now better than dark souls 1

It's been a long ass time, I kinda remember them showing up a lot more but I'll take your word for it, still they intended people to backtrack and explore the first few areas much earlier than people actually did, so the facilities were all within reach. It's why everyone rolls over Pinwheel so easily. I played at vanilla and never got cursed at all until a later playthrough though.

>I don't see why you'd think the white glow was anything other than just a hud representation of you being human now

I don't so why I wouldn't assume that it was supposed to mean something significant, like unhollowing being necessary to actually make use of the extra item drops given by humanity. It's so ceremonial and it feels odd that the game doesn't tie your HP to it like the other titles do, which I suspect was the original intention.

>still they intended people to backtrack and explore the first few areas much earlier than people actually did, so the facilities were all within reach. It's why everyone rolls over Pinwheel so easily.

I still don't buy this. The skeletons are massively strong against most default weapons, which is what you'd need to be equipped with in order to find Pinwheel challenging, to the point that they'd be the toughest things in the game. Pinwheel would need to get all his clones out way sooner.

Who here going to Return to Lordan tomorrow?

>Inoa village with all it's inhabitants with their own stories and feelings
>stepping out of the village and hearing the music, the world feeling so varied and open while things being cut off just enough to make it feel huge
>being able to go to the top and see clouds, or even stumble upon Nirude's Lair
>all the different areas like Nirude's Lair and the crypt along with the darker themes and constant sinister presence of Melzas and nightmares
>how the village and world constantly changes
I could probably keep going but if you've actually played it then I'm glad because it's a great game, but I think you're very wrong in this and I'll fight you.

The stones also had shit drop rates and if you fucked around too much curse could stack and you could end up at 1/4 or 1/8 or all the way down to 1% health. I never got that fucked but I can see why they changed that around. good luck backtracking from sewers if you're a 1 hit kill

>official cuck badge

Jelly, poorfag?

That, and once you get far enough in ten skellies start to get revived before you can even kill them if you're that weak. Not to mention the skeleton wheels. It was clearly a high lvl area.

Well, the first thing you or anyone would and should do is check your stats afterwards, and from there that's all you'd need to know. If it hasn't done anything else then there's not much reason to assume otherwise.
When I say earlier, I don't mean right off the bat, but perhaps after Capra Demon or even Moonlight Butterfly. Pinwheel isn't all that hard, but taking a hugely upgraded weapon to him just melts his healthbar. The skeletons also aren't all that tough really, especially if you have a blunt weapon but that's not totally necessary. It's just being flooded with them immediately at such a low level can overwhelm people before they can learn to fight them, they're not any tougher than Balder knights. Apart from that, it's next door to the starting area so it's so easy to get to.
If you fucked around so much that you not only got cursed, but got repeatedly cursed, then you kinda deserve it. Honestly never understood how people could get cursed down there so much for it to be a problem, they're so slow with the clouds and you have to stand in them for such a long time.

>Dark Souls 2 animations are bad

Compare DS2 Rapier r1 animation with DS3's. That's not even the only one its just the first that came to mind. Some of DS3's animations are whack as fuck

You forget to mention.

>go into Capra's room
>dogs push your shit in with infinite stunlock until he casually walks up to you and slams you to the ground
>go to fight papa Nito
>drop down from the ledge
>loose half your health, wait to recover from stun
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>ohfuck.jpg

>5 years
Fuck, it's still in my backlog.
Should I just skip to Bloodborne?

youtube.com/watch?v=OSZUZRnB15s

>Just got into Demon's Souls
>The series is already over
I'm always late to these things

That's a glitch.

Is it? I've never not seen them run like that.

DS3's animations are alright, but for the most part they're taken straight from DS1. I woulda made some weapons within each class use DS1's animations and some use DS2's, seems like an obvious way to really increase the variety of weapon movesets.

Now that Vaati did a video on the game, we can all hate it, right?

My lasting thoughts are that Bloodborne is the best in the series.

no it's not

Yes it is. Vanilla falconers run normally.

Good game, shitty pc port.

my favourite
>man, these bonewheel skeletons are pretty tough enemies we made
>it seems the only way someone could beat them is by dodge rolling a lot to the side, using a greatshield, or ranging from an elevated position
>Hey I know, why don't we put some in really long, narrow corridors?
>That's a decent start, but can't we make it harder?
>Why don't we place them behind fake walls, so they literally come out of no where?
>"Perfect"

>Demons' Souls veterans, how did you feel about Dark Souls as a spiritual successor? Did it meet your expectations as a "sequel"?

Although I think Dark Souls improved on a lot of things that Demon's Souls did, I still like the atmosphere of Demon's Souls a million times more. It felt much more original, as well as dark and mysterious. It definitely had its own identity. Dark Souls just felt more bland. Not entirely bland, just more bland when compared to its spiritual predecessor.

I hear theres a section in Dark Souls 3 that's like a love letter to Demon's Souls fans. Is that true?

i've heard lrithyll dungeon is similar to tower of latria, but i haven't played demon's yet

>Tower of Latria
Ah memories.

Skeletons don't get revived if you kill the necromancer, and wheels ain't shit once you dodge the first spin.

That's true, and I'd also say DS3's Firelink Shrine is a lot more reminiscent of the Nexus.

But that stayed after the patch, no?

They fixed bullshit dogs and made starting the fight with Nito not so painful.

Although I loved everything in unpatched DaS.

It did, but overall damage was nerfed so it was a lot easier to survive a full on wheel attack at the point in the game.

>You will never be filled with wonder discovering DS1 on a rainy release day swapping hints and stories with Cred Forums
Fucking kill me now. I haven't felt that childhood sense of wonder in a game since.

The Demons' Souls love letter bit might be referring to a certain fight in the game. You can fight Yhorm the Giant with the Storm Ruler. Its weapon art is the large slash and deals heavy damage to Yhorm.

Though I could understand seeing Irithyll Dungeon being similar to Tower of Latria. Small corridors with tall creepy jailers lurking around, amongst other things. And yeah, Firelink Shrine in DS3 is very similar to the DeS's Nexus.

>and from there that's all you'd need to know.

Oh please, the game has so many hidden stat details this isn't obvious at all.

>When I say earlier, I don't mean right off the bat, but perhaps after Capra Demon or even Moonlight Butterfly.

I did the area before beating either actually.

I wish Dark Souls 2 and 3 didn't exist.

Souls should only have spiritual sequels.

Ah right of course, I can't believe I forgot about that. Was really cool seeing that again.
What stat details are hidden that can't be found out with a little light experimentation and exploration? Besides, the main point was that when starting out, the thing changing to white would make you think it did something outside of indicating being human, if you checked the more obvious things, you'd have no reason to continue believing that.
>I did the area before beating either actually.
Well that kinda proves my point, checking the Catacombs and New Londo Ruins were intended to be done fairly early but not immediately. It's also shown in all the extra resources they give you, like the blacksmiths and Rite of Kindling.

You run at them, parry the one on the right. and move on to the next area.

I miss the Demon Souls glory days.

Comfy times.

Stop lying, if you have goughs bow you must have been to the archives

Dark Souls is one of my favourite games but I'm glad it's over. 2 and 3 were really forgettable.

I don't want this stupid franchise to die...

I actually like Dark Souls 1 the best, both Dark Souls 2 and 3 did massive improvements but as an overall package I still say Dark Souls 1 did the best.

Personally
>Dark Souls 1 tier enemy placements
>Dark Souls 1 rules on multiplayer
>Dark Souls 2 combat
>Dark Souls 2 attempt at making a new world rather than just rehashing Anor Londo and Dark Souls 1 attempt at showing the splendor and squalor of the world
>Dark Souls 3 level design
>Dark Souls 3 graphics

For the best Souls game

It's likely whatever they do next will be very similar in style. They wouldn't ditch the style they're good at. I'd just expect a departure on the level of Bloodborne.

Honestly, I just liked DaS2 more. It feels like it has more replayablity but DS1 has better bosses

anyone play ds1 online still? Wulf's DSCM mod fixed it so you can max out your connections in just a couple minutes.

>Wulf's DSCM mod fixed it so you can max out your connections in just a couple minutes.

Well I'll be.Thanks for the tip-off.

You have good taste and I agree with you in every way.

The Souls series is far to profitable to end now. I'm pretty sure it's not over yet, it sells like crazy. I honestly think From Software won't stop making Souls games until the sales go down.

Think about it faggots

Except for the fact that they did end the series. Miyazaki said the only way they'd return to Souls is if years down the line someone in the company could make it fresh enough to bring it back. They're working on three new titles as we speak, however one of them is indeed a dark fantasy game.

>niggers who say
>"DaS1 is a good game"
>"best in the series"

>picrelated

you still amuse me, fags.

Dark souls the best thing to happen to gaming for me

It's given me a couple of thousand of fun hours.

Demons and BB are also included in this of course.

I don't see them keeping thier word on making a new one, even if it's a half assed game.

>Perfect music
>Great fight
>Good atmosphere

What do you fucking want?

>Implying

GOAT boss.

poor jokes, go practice

>faggot designed final fantasy rip-offs
>technically the most retarded """""bossfight""""" in the game
>implying

What's the deal with the Four Kings? Kings of what? A rock town inside of a mountain? Why are there four of them? I bet it's like a morning talk show when they try to decide anything.

It's alright. Super fucking overrated though, especially on Cred Forums. I mean the whole series.

>Kings of what
Of New-Fucking-Londo you retard. And later - the Abyss.

>"Look at us we're proud cucks!"

I knew I should've put a picture of Seinfeld in my post.

They're being fucking ironic, dumbass.
Of course nobody in their right mind would ever say any "nice" things about 4skins UNironically.

Why is it overrated tho? I mean Dark Souls(1) (because that's the only souls game beside BB that doesn't get constantly shitted on on Cred Forums)

The game does everything right video game design vise.
has unique visual concepts for characters, enemies world and lore
well thought and unique level designs
challenging and pretty depthful combat
is also pretty lenghty and has unique multiplayer

the only problem of the game was some of the later unfinished parts.

The only problem of the game was having 4fags as a boss. Honestly.

>unique
>unique
>unique

user not one thing you mentioned was that unique.
The setting and concepts are farly generic dark medieval. And medieval fantasy is the least unique setting in video games next to fucking world wars.
The level design also wasn't unique. It was great but it wasn't anything new.
And the multiplayer is the same as demon's.

I am not disagreeing that DaS1 was great but not in the way you are describing it.

>has unique visual concepts for characters, enemies world and lore

Nigga half this shit is straight from DeS.

>The setting and concepts are farly generic dark medieval. And medieval fantasy is the least unique setting in video games next to fucking world wars.

Right. Now find me a game like Dark Souls with a similar setting to Dark Souls, that does it like Dark Souls does.

>The level design also wasn't unique. It was great but it wasn't anything new.

What other 3D dark fantasy ARPG has interconnected levels like Dark Souls? Wheel skeletons? etc.

>And the multiplayer is the same as demon's.

And only the second game at the time to do this kind of multiplayer.

Why did people gate ds3? It has awesome graphics, perfect pacing, perfect level design, good NPCs and this shit is not that hard.

no, being half-finished
the developers saying it "you can go anywhere you see!" being a lying piece of shit didn't help

>Right. Now find me a game like Dark Souls with a similar setting to Dark Souls, that does it like Dark Souls does.
See now you are saying the combination is unique.
Before you said the individual parts were unique.

Different argument
>What other 3D dark fantasy ARPG has interconnected levels like Dark Souls? Wheel skeletons? etc.
Same thing here.
Wheel Skeletons are also clearly taken from berserk and the level design is standard metroidvania.

>Before you said the individual parts were unique.

I'm not that user.

>Wheel Skeletons are also clearly taken from berserk

And where are they in another 3D dark fantasy ARPG? That was my question, if you'll notice.

>and the level design is standard metroidvania.

And where you can find this in another 3D dark fantasy ARPG. That was my question, as you'll notice.

Dark Souls 3 is probably the best in the series, best gameplay, and great lore and atmosphere. I don't understand how anyone could dislike over the other games.

My memory is shit, but I don't remember any boss fights from Dark Souls where the boss talks to you during the fight. For example, in Demon Souls Garl & Allant talk to you.

Anyone in the Dark series do that?

>And where you can find this in another 3D dark fantasy ARPG

Demon's Souls.

BB was better.

its beyond overrated.
its actually a poor low budget game.

the only thing the game has going for it are some (not all) of the monster designs.
but everything else is "nothing special" as fuck.

>>I'm not that user.
Then you clearly did not understand the argument

>And where are they in another 3D dark fantasy ARPG?
Mostly in Demon's.
Also it is pathetic if you have to be that specific to call a game unique.

short

Dark Souls is fantastic, easily my favorite game of last gen.
Bloodborne>DaS>DeS>>>DaS II

Didn't Gwyndolin do it?
Priscilla says things.

Hardy harr, har.

>Mostly in Demon's.

Again, another hardy harr.

>Also it is pathetic if you have to be that specific to call a game unique.

What? Where did this come from? The reason Dark Souls world/level design is so praised is because of its interconnectivity. It's pathetic to acknowledge that as a unique aspect of a dark fantasy 3D ARPG? Get off my dick you wanker.

>DaS is not unique because DeS already did those
DaS is a spiritual successor of DeS from the same creator and is basically an advenced version of the same game. It wasn't "copied" from DeS, it was made by the same creator with the intention to perfect it's formula more.

as for concepts uniqueness it would be pretty long going in depthfully but things like Lautrec, Sigmeiyer, Domhnall, Smough etc's armor look extremely brilliantly designed along with many bosses and location's concept. The game is far from bein a "generic dark fantasy" game.

It's a great game, just the worst of the trilogy.

Too clunky, too unpolished, too unfinished.
The only thing is does better than 2 and 3 is level connectivity and that's only in the first half. Literally everything else is better in 2 and 3.

You are such a massive faggot please consider suicide.

Because it had fuck all originality and the gameplay wasn't actually the best.

It regressed on backstabs, removed powerstancing rather than improving it, had less content than DaS2 and had shit balance on top of literally offering nothing new mechanics wise.

>muh weapon arts

Most of these are glorified spells and those that aren't are just gimmicky attacks that cost mana. The only thing DaS3 actually did better than any other Souls game was have a decent difficulty curve, and even then the last two bosses are too easy.

It was better than two and that's all that matters to me.

BB>Dark 3>Dark>Demon's>Dark 2
Always nice to find a series where every instalment is good with its worse only being mediocre.

dude,
drop the false idol worship already.
souls and bloodborne are not shit.

you speak of these games as some kind of power which drips from your mouth. its a total load of pathetic bullshit.

>it was made by the same creator with the intention to perfect it's formula more.
No it was made because someone at Bamco saw the success of demons and offered them a lot of money if they would remake it under a different name.
Dark Souls 1 was just Demon's Souls for a wider audience.

Love you too, baby.

read it in an interview that Miyazaki was actually pretty depressed that they couldn't show how Siegmeyer's helm opens up from the side

dark souls is way harder than des though. neither are very hard, but des is piss easy while ornstein and smough and artorias of the abyss are hard.

>DaS is not unique because DeS already did those

Yes, that's how it works. You're attributing the accomplishments of Demon's Souls to a completely different game.

I actually like DaS, but it amazes me how few people seem to understand this; especially on Cred Forums where people frequently shit on anything going after a larger audience.

Started with DaS, beat them all except DaS2 which I played a bit at a friends but don't own.

DaS 1 is the best by a fairly wide margin in my opinion. Insane replayability with its non-linear world and the pvp was fun.

Then my opinions on DS3, BB and DeS kinda shift around a bit. DeS is good, but feels too dated. If that game came out last with the benefits of current graphics and engine it might rival DaS1.

DS3 and bloodborne... both fun on the first time through and DS3 has some pretty fun PVP. But despite being more visually appealing, both games are shallower than DaS1 and don't encourage much replaying outside of pvp. BB DLC was pretty good though, I wish the rest of the game was as good.

DaS2 I didn't play much of, and didn't like much of what I did play.

100-125 at Oolacile Township should get you good results.

I've decided that Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin is my favorite entry in the series.

Demon souls wasn't succesfull at all when it launched and it got pretty bed reception from a lot of places.

Dark Souls only got green light because Miyazaki promised that they will change the formula in a lot of things which he actually didn't do in the end.

Too linear, build variety is fucked, invasions are fucked, story is too pandering, and most importantly it's the first game in the series with NO new ideas. It's just an unbalanced mishmash of different ideas from the previous 4 games, combined with a level pack. You could argue weapon arts, but Bloodborne and DaS2 had special attacks on L2 and they didn't cost fucking mana.

Lost Crowns=Old hunters>Bloudbourne>DaS3>DaS2>AotA>DaS>DeS

FTFY

>Yes, that's how it works. You're attributing the accomplishments of Demon's Souls to a completely different game.

How about a rephrase: The Souls series is unique in the context of video game dark fantasy ARPGs. That better for ya, pedant?

>in the context of video game dark fantasy ARPGs
That is still very specific.

DeS design-vise was completely the love child of Miyazaki, so was DaS, their accomplisment is completely the same and calling DaS some Rip-off is fucking stupid as hell.

Let's not be silly now:

BB>Dark 3>Lost Crowns>Dark>Demon's>Dark 2

That's the best I can do for you.

>le souls wasn't successful until DaS maymay

DeS has the exact same metacritic rating as DaS and a higher userscore. It had fuck all marketing and still managed to sell around 2 million. I bought a PS3 mainly for DeS a few months after release because Cred Forums wouldn't stop talking about the game.

Well nobody has called it a ripoff.
It is Demon's Souls for a wider audience.

Alrighty. Take 2: The Souls series is unique in the context of video games.

It was very high regarded by critics and fans.
That is exactly the kind of place you want a game to be in to bring it to a broader audience.

pre-approved and all you have to do is market it properly. And they did.

>Good atmosphere

LITERALLY no atmosphere, it's shit mate

Demon soul's was highly regarded and popular (though not nearly to the extent of DaS).

I even remember Cracked doing an article on it back when it released.

I miss pre-clickbait Cracked

>wasn't successful
>release a sequel
protip: it isn't successful , no one makes a fucking sequel . you dumb shit

I will never understand people who rave about the Lost Crowns and how great it was and how dark souls 2 was totally redeemed. The DLCs were good in relation to vanilla dark souls 2 but repeated all the exact same shitty problems the base game had.
>shit enemies, all recycled dudes with armor and weapons
>shit enemy placement
>only good bosses are alonne and fume
>still has dark souls 2 chunky shit gameplay
The only good part was the level design. The only truly good Crowns DLC was Crown of the Old Iron King.

Eh, i get where you're coming from but they're still decent games. I'd rather be playing them than most other games out right now. Them not being as good as 1 doesn't take anything away from the original.

>shit enemy placement

The enemy placement was great, my man. You're trippin'.

except DaS wasn't a real sequel and was made with the promise of upgrading many things in the formula.

it only got popular gradually but I wouldn't call it some big hit in the time they started developing DaS

>it only got popular gradually but I wouldn't call it some big hit in the time they started developing DaS
Well you are wrong.

You say that knowing that Bed of Chaos exists, yet you still ask others to take your opinion seriously?

Only problem with Lost crown is the base enemy being reskined with different colors. Everything is god tier.

Squid queen was amazing, Alonne was amazing, Sinh was fucking amazing, frost cat was fucking amazing, grave robbers were scary as shit and fucking intense.

>enemy placement
Never understood this meme.
>clunky shit gameplay
Clunkier than 3 and Bloudbourne, better than DaS and DeS.

Lost Crowns is the best content from has made so far with Old Hunters. If only Tanimura was in charge of DaS2 from the beginning instead of having 3 months to fix the bullshit of the previous faggot, it would have been better than Bloudbourne.

>better than DaS and DeS.
BULL SHIT

>shit enemies, all recycled dudes with armor and weapons
Maybe because those enemy types are the most satisfying to fight and the easiest to iterate on by giving them different weapons, you mong. Would you prefer a DLC where 80% of the enemies are dogs?

Anyway that's only the basic enemy types. You're forgetting the corrosive insects, dinosaur dragon things, statue lizards, dark sorceresses, explosive barrel carrying guy, flaming shoulders guy, possessed armour archer, fat floor crawling exploding guy, teleporting wizard, ice golem, ice guy who conjures new weapons out of thin air, sonic the hedgehog, asshole reindeer, retainers, and the greatest NPC invaders of all time, Maldron the Assassin.

>only good bosses are alonne and fume
Elana, Sinh, Aava and Ivory King are objectively great.

the enemy placement was excellent
they followed the DaS1 fromula and gradually introduced new and more enemies as you've learned to deal with them instead of sending a group of them on you.

the regular enemies were also pretty good even if they were just these "ancient hollow soldiers". They got DaS1 behaviour (estus chugging, doing grabs, etc) and plenty of moves.

>Squid queen was amazing

Wasn't this pretty much nashandra with shitty adds?

>DeS
>clunkier than DaS2

DeS was fluid as fuck my man.

I don't understand why Dark Souls is praised to be the best or even second best in the series.

After I finished three, I went back to play all the soulsbourne games and honestly DS1 just doesn't really feel all that memorable. Gwyn, Artorias, Smough/Ornstein, and Manus are really the only fun and exciting fights while the other games have at least five or more interesting fights. The combat feels almost identical to DeS and not in a good way. Some of the areas are cool but it's mostly just boring castle or forest.

Is it because Dark Souls was everyone's first soulsbourne game?

Honestly i think Smelter 2 is a fantastic fight because you have to THINK about when to dodge, you cant just rely on instinctive reaction.

Its honestly a shame the run TO his fight is 1000x harder than the actual fight, this goes for alot of the DLC bosses really.

>Is it because Dark Souls was everyone's first soulsbourne game?
Exactly, just like their favorite GTA is SA. The first one is the most memorable most of the time.

They also bitch about DaS2 being shit because it's too different from 1, and 3 being shit because it's too similar from 3.

There's also the fact that both 2 and 3 are way harder than 1, and we all know that Cred Forums is full of underaged casual memelords.

stop shitposting and come fuck around in anor londo
01100001087b2ad4

There is more to it than just being the first
DAS has far superiors mechanics, lore, and level design than its linear sequels that feel half finished

>buying no man's sky
cuck

Started with ds3, loved it. Pvp was just great. Baught ds1 and just entered the ruins of whatever after ringing the bells. In ds3 I did a fast twinblades build but now in ds1 I mainly use the demons machete. I need to demons souls and whatever console it was made on, it sounds great. I haven't liked a series like this sense I was maybe 5 or 6 playing halo

DaS1 is the game that nailed the whole world the most. It has the best npc's, the bosses feel connected to the world, the locations feel connected together. Incredibly lot of little details were put into this game, most of which were comletely left from das2 and 3.

Das2's world and lore felt completely disjointed, the story only picked up in 3/4 of the game. Das3 copied too much from Das and overall had only a bit more than half of it's content.

Tastes and prefferances can differ but objectively Das1 is definitely the best of the three games.

Bed of Chaos is a literal masterpiece in comparison to 4niggers.

I share this account. I begged my buddy not to buy it but he doesnt really have good taste so it couldnt be helped.

KEK sure thing fuckpillow. I'm just giving you shit, friend. You probably shouldn't care about what anons on this site think

>mfw dark souls 1 is the only game of the souls series that can replay and feeling good about it

Oh I'll gladly defend my shit taste, but NMS was irredeemable.

Not even. Are you that 4cunts shitposter who haunted dsg?

It's the only souls game I actually click with. 2's locus of control and hitbox mechanics immediately made it fall out of favor (among other things) 3 actually had good pve for the most part, but was too rolly, which translated awfully to pvp.
Theres redeeming factors to these games I genuinely enjoy but I dropped each one around 40 -50 hours, whereas when I first got dark souls 1 I dropped almost 200 hours into consecutively

>lore
lmao, Majula alone has more lore than all of DaS.
>and level design than its linear sequels that feel half finished
>le linear is bad meme
totally forgets how literally everything after anor londo is shit, and how half of the first half is shit (lower undead burg lmao, catacombs lmao, that shit forest lmao).
>b-but muh world connectivity, literal mustard piece

>best NPC
How about no. Lucatiel alone is better than every NPC is DaS put together. bear seek seek lest is best soulsborne girl. You have more feelings towards every DaS2 NPC, to see them slowly becoming crazy and broken, like the map dude. Aldia and his 11/10 dialogues. And then there's the cat, making fun of everyone and everything "haste makes waste huehue". In DaS there's the golden dude, he's cool because, uh, let me see, uh, his armor and weapons are cool I guess.
> the locations feel connected together
Yes, I give you this one, it's the ONLY thing DaS does better than the other games
>Incredibly lot of little details were put into this game
No. There are way more hidden shits in DaS2, like the pigs being able to dig out items, or the helmets deflecting arrows, the gargoyles flying in the sky and looking at you but only if you turn on the lights for the lost sinner fight, the sex change coffin, etc...
>Das2's world and lore felt completely disjointed
How does the lore feel disjointed? In DaS you're a dude that left his jail cell thanks to another dude, and go on a journey to kill powerful beings and link a flame because why not. In DaS2 you're a dude that goes to a distant land to cure himself and end up having to kill the same poweful being from DaS and sit on a throne because why not.

I'll give you the world, yes it's disjointed, like the pile of rubble forcing you to do 3 more areas instead of climbing it, and the flying volcano. On the other hand, if you look at every area individually, they are better.

>lmao, Majula alone has more lore than all of DaS.

That doesn't make it good or intriguing. DSII is less thematically consistent than DaS.

>meme bullshittery

Thats what it looks like when people enjoy a game nowadays

Still at it? What are you trying to prove? What is it about the Souls series that makes fans of other series butthurt and constantly draws comparisons to games nothing like it? The Witcher, Dragon's Dogma, Ni-Oh, Monster Hunter, and sometimes even fucking Elder Scrolls constantly get shitflung against Souls. The only games that deserve to be shat on in direct comparison to Dark Souls are Lords of the Fallen and Salt & Sanctuary, which are blatant half-baked ripoffs.

We get it, Ni-Oh is pretty cool. You're just going to give it a reputation of shitposting and it'll be impossible to discuss without butthurt soulsfags shitting up threads.

what if i told you i just wanted to bump this thread?

PS4/PC remaster when?

What would you want them to change/fix, if anything?

just add the last arc stone and maybe remove item burden.

unfortunately it'll never happen because fatlus keeps it in liscensing hell. it's a damn shame, i would love to play it at 1080p 60fps, and maybe they could make a few tweaks like changing the grass system a little and removing equip burden.
>kill garl vinland
>have to drop other unique armor set to pick up his armor or it'll disappear forever
fuck that nonsense

everything
everyfuckingthing
actual, quality movesets like bloodborne
bosses that aren't just pushover gimmicks
severe rebalancing of everything broken so you don't just shit on everything if you use anything good
modern dark souls 3 phantom limits in worlds, dried finger, DaS2 quality of life improvements

not gonna buy a demon's souls that just looks prettier, game needs serious reworking
it's ps4 so it probably wouldn't even run 60 fps without looking like DaS2

>Wasn't this pretty much nashandra with shitty adds?

100% this

they took the typical DS2 mentality of "how to make a shit boss worse? Add more enemies!"
Even recycled based Velstadt

>tfw i killed Elana so fast the first time i fought her she never even got to spawn an add

i didn't even know she could until i read about it later

>i know how to remaster demons souls
>make an entirely new game
fuck off, the gimmick bosses make DeS unique. It's nice to not have every boss be just "dodge, attack, dodge, attack".

Dark Souls series is ok, it's a bit too tryhard for my tastes though. I think by now the formual is getting stale and I think they should make some changes in order to appeal to a broader audience:

-New weapon types like musrkrets or a medievil bazooka and you can take cover for things that are shoot back at you
-Parts where you have to run away from a huge enemy and the huge boss chases you to a turrent and you use it to kill him
-Other parts where you can use turrents on loads of people or even a catapult
-You can see how many kills and deaths you have in pvp and the more kills you get unlock extra abilities for you and new skins for your weapons and armour
-Free running and climbing up on sthings
-You have an npc partner and he is an ethnic and he makes jokes and he gives you estius flasks and stuff when your in trouble
-If you get backstabbed or parryed you can press a button at the right moment and you do a counter
-Bosses arent just running around hitting them you have yo use the enviroment and you press buttons at the right time and it does damage
-Vehicle sections like on a horse and cart or a boat or like a stone age motorbike and gliders
-When someone invades it asks you if it's ok and if you press no then they are sent away
-You can go into peoples houses and talk to them
-If you get hit then dont get hit for a while your health comes back
-You can have a romance with someone and even it can be a man if you are a gay
-Better support after release like new weapons and amrour or better versions of weapons and armour in the game
-Moderators chosen from popular members of the community, they will monitor for poor sportsmanship and ban those they feel are a negative influence on the community & metagame
-Some people need you to get things so you can go get them and bring them back and they give you souls or items
-You can get a pet and they go around and find items for you and secrets so you dont have to search around so much

too obvious

my new favorite copypasta

>This game is easy as fuck once you get a hold of the mechanics
You mean like every other game in existence?

Demon's Souls needs a remake, not a remaster. It doesn't compare to later games in the series.
There would be no defending it if it was released today.
>the gimmick bosses make DeS unique
The gimmick bosses make DeS a one playthrough game.

>buying the same game with no improvements but grafix

>Squalid queen was amazing
she was a slightly more fun Nashandra, wouldn't call it "amazing"
>Sinh and alonne was amazing
aye
>frost cat was amazing
I guess it was ok
>Grave robbers
>anything positive
>at all
>ever

You really can't get fucked in dark souls if you aren't doing something really stupid.

My favourite game series ever, but shit tier community. Never really been into the pvp, but the constant threat of someone coming to my world just to fuck my shit up is exhilarating.

Wouldn't mind a DeS remaster.

>Now that the series is "over", or at least on hiatus, what are some of your lasting thoughts on Dark Souls?
It's pretty bad overall, but Demon's and Bloodborne are great.

>Demon's Souls needs a remake, not a remaster.

Nope.

DeS is fine as it is. The only thing it really needs is that 6th archstone.

>just don't read Berserk others would say
You certainly didn't read it.

>tfw best video games series in a long time after Half Life 2 and its episodes
>tfw we get the last dlc now
>tfw the series is over

taking everything that makes DeS different and "updating" it is a fucking stupid idea. You could improve the more traditional bosses like Flamelurker, Penetrator, and False King Allant to be harder but the rest shouldn't be touched. If you do all the things you listed to DeS it would just be DaS, you may as well have suggested removing the hub and making everything interconnected.

cringe

there is definitely going to at least be one more, it'll be sci-fi. they already confirmed working on a new souls-like game.

>What would you want them to change/fix, if anything?
Nothing.

yea Souls like but Dark Souls is over we maybe get one more dlc.

>Demon's Souls doesn't need a remake, it just needs a remake with significantly more content
?

Do you seriously not want movesets? Being able to have more than one red in the world? Being able to reset invasion cooldown timer?
Do you seriously want to force yourself to suicide 7 times for tendency? To go through 5 loading screens for every invasion because you have to warp to the nexus and kill yourself?
Widened invasion and summon ranges, actually good miracles, less offensive grinding, etc

Fuck outta here, Demon's Souls is more flawed than 2.

Dark Souls 3 has 2 guaranteed DLC.

I hope it's armored core, but souls version

Armored souls

wait are implying DeS miracles are bad?

>it'll be impossible to discuss without butthurt soulsfags shitting up threads.
What if you knew that is exactly what is end game his?

Yes
God's Wrath is ass aside from being a cunt at Old Monk, too slow, piss for damage, damage buff ring makes it slower
Heal miracles are useless in a game with 300 divine blessings carried
Anti-magic field lags connections the fuck out
Banishment and Resurrection are basically God's Wrath that just oust people from your world like a dick
Faith weapons suck ass compared to Demonbrandt, much less Northern Regalia
You get regen, that's basically it, and your regen doesn't make up for a melee build having cursed weapon + dark silver shield

Also INT builds get to fully heal other people and enemies with a 10 MP spell

You know they are confirmed making another Armored Core right?

>severe rebalancing of everything broken so you don't just shit on everything if you use anything good
>you don't just shit on everything if you use anything good
> if you use anything good
So you want every weapon to be the exact same and have the only unique things about them be their appearance just like in DaS2?

CAN YOU FUCKING STOP SPAMMING THIS IN EVERY THREAD YOU ABSOLUTE NIGGER

poison arrows

Urban fantasy soulsborne when?

second chance is op as fuck spammable and you get back with 50% after dying so is evacuate.
dunno I think god's warth is fine to. Also DeS has same nice faith weapons.

>So you want every weapon to be the exact same and have the only unique things about them be their appearance
No, that's the way Demon's Souls already is. No movesets.

> if you use anything good
By anything good I mean anything that breaks the game
Which is a fucking large list of things, you have to gimp yourself to not steamroll Demon's Souls
There's a difference between "many things are good" and "almost everything is broken as fuck" and Demon's Souls is an example of the latter

What I want is movesets, game balance, quality of life improvements, sixth archstone

Everyone has Second Chance. It only takes 16 FAI. Builds without cursed weapon / light weapon and second chance are gimped.
LSOM was a bad weapon. 316 AR at 50 FAI. Istarelle had 22 phys + 270 magic AR at 50 FAI. Hands of God... no. Don't even.
Blessed Claymore reached 167+272 AR at 14 STR, 50 FAI, was longer, ignored shields with super easy dead angles, regenerated health.

This. You can't have those greatarrows without getting to the DLC, which you can't get to without going to Grand Archives, which you can't get to without getting past those archers.

Also
>25 soft humanity without losing them
>first playthrough
No.

Or you just looked online for a picture of the Anor Londo archers, in which case nvm.

You can trick the right one to fall off, but it might be easier to just fill him full of poison arrows as it's your first playthrough

9/10 for me
unfortunately I got gud and do see that much challange in it anymore and im not interested in pvp. The only problem is the lack of content. If this game had something like random generated levels and bosses/mobs, I would have never stopped playing it.

>maxresdefault
That's a googled youtube screenshot dummy

Whats the DEAL with new londo!? You think a flooded city would be filled with hot merbabes, but ya go there, and theres a bunch of freaky ghosts!

>If this game had something like random generated levels
guess what Bloodborne has

the worst randomly generated dungeons in history

I know. W8 for ps4 prices to drop when pro launches. Thanks for the tip anyway

I was thinking about why DS3 is disappointing and one of the reasons is something I rarely hear is how they removed all strategy from bosses particularly that the boss environment has no effect on the fight

Let me give you an example take Ornstein and Smough, the room you fight them in is full of pillars, these pillars are useful for seperating the two so you can get a few hits in on one and also can be used as cover to give yourself time to buff or heal. Now take Aldrich same location has the same pillars but the pillars are useless since Aldrich can just fire through them its just a dumb action fight no strategy or anything just rolling and R1 spam

But this is what people wanted I guess right.

Some world just want to burn the watch men.

you only go and kick them from that roof

50%wight DWGR was good.

Bloodborne is probably the best in the franchise in my opinion. The series is pretty stale to me now. I thought 3 was excellent the first play through but in retrospective it has alot of shitty bosses and 3 quaters of the armor & weapons are rehashed from previous souls games.

Daily reminder that Lords of the Fallen will always be better than Soulsborne. Nioh will also be better.

Stay cucked, Soulsfags, and don't forget to enjoy your garbage weapon and armour design.

For me it shortened iframes which was really noticeable in the four kings.

>Lords of the Fallen

Kill yourself.

Lords of the Fallen > Soulsborne

Nobody realizes how casual Souls fans are until you hear their opinions about Lords of the Fallen.

"Waaah! Why am I attacking so slow?"
"Waaah! I don't understand this game's mechanics."
"I quit! This game is shit!"

souls was too hard for you huh

Nope.

Who the fuck complains about Lord of the Fallen having complicated mechanics?

It's just tedious.

"Waaah! It's tedious! I'm bad at video games, but it's the game's fault! I swear!"

Get gud, faggot. I bet you played two hours and quit, like the pussy you are.

Majula was depressing as fuck.

I will never play this game for the singular reason that that protagonist is ugly and bland as all fuck.

Fag.

Nioh > Soulsborne

While I enjoyed the animations and armour designs, I really didn't enjoy it that much. Not as much as any of the souls games. It was better than Dark Souls 2, though.

I finished it three times, the final boss on NG++ was fucked. Barely managed to kill him after ten or so times. Fuck his healing.

I just felt it wasn't as well crafted as Souls games. The world was very small, there was really only two big locations. It was glitchy too, I often got stuck in terrain, doors wouldn't open, boss fogs would just not activate. Overall, just not as well made as Souls games.

This series sucked ass and was easy
You are all idiots

Why do none of you tards bother to read the thread before posting?

They could have let me customize a character, even shitty customization like souls has, or even give me a few face presets to choose from.

But nope, you're locked into playing as a shitty ps2-looking bargain brand Geralt names "Will" or something generic like that. No thanks.

>Da Judge
>Da Beast
>Da Bird
>Da Police
>Da Rapist
>Da Refrigerator

I've never seen a game with less creative boss naming mechanics. Or bosses for that matter.

Lords isn't a perfect game. I know that. I'm just shitposting about it because I like it better than Dark Souls.

>people actually thinking Des isn't the second worst in the series

Literally the worst braindead bosses and only 1 good area/level the entire game

Will you return to Lordran?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

You're autistic as fuck.

I agree, they were pretty bland. I disliked the amount of Humanoid bosses. Just big guys with weapons.

I know, that's why I responded without shitposting. You know you don't have to shitpost? You can just talk about games nicely. Like it's good that you like it more than Dark Souls, but you don't have to crap on people who like Dark Souls better. It's all just opinions man. My favourite game in my favourite series is arguably the worst game from that series, but I never shitpost about it. Okay, maybe a little. Tekken 4 has the best Yoshi.

Lords strikes me of something an overweight balding 30-something in a cheap kohls business suit thought up while he was stuck in an elevator.

>"and...and there's gonna be this one really huge boss, and he'll just be called "The Beast". Fuck yeah!"

Des was such a flop in japan they were struggling to find US publishers for months.

Das actually did well in japan

Only the first 2 DLC's.

>autistic

Reeeeaaaaally throwing that word around these days aren't we?

But he's based on a real dude named William Adams. The story is based on an unfinished movie script. It wouldn't have made sense to have a nameless possibly voiceless protag.

>shilling weebborne this hard

>Removing any semblance of RP potential or player-character agency in the game

>Because its based off some script that no one has given a shit about in decades.

Great game you got there

>"Oh boy, I can't wait to play as that guy no ones ever heard of from that failed movie script I've never read because it was scrapped."

But I don't have it yet. :(

And if its developmental track record is any indication of its future, you probably never will. Enjoy that pre-pre-alpha for all it's worth kids.

Dead-eye's Ready.

Tf are you going on about? The souls series is renown for it's pvp.

Seed of a Giant Tree

if it's keeping u from playing, download DsFix. It'll make it playable

just tank it and get through it

>I will never play this game for the singular reason that that protagonist is ugly
just wear armour you faggot

armour design in LotF is the coolest since Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

>Lords strikes me of something an overweight balding 30-something in a cheap kohls business suit thought up while he was stuck in an elevator.
close enough, the devs are German

I'm halfway through my first playthrough now, and I can honestly say its not that bad. The dumb dialogue system is annoying af though.
Also, animation just seem too floaty (especially with the dodge animations), and the camera is too tight on the player to justify the level design.

All in all, I thought it would be worse. Still, it's no souls game.

Why are the DS2 bosses so easy?
I think in DS1 the only boss I beat on my first try was sif.
The last giant, flexile sentry, skeleton lord, and old iron king have posed no trouble to me.

thats ok. i hope you find a game that brings you great joy in the future